Skrevet av Emne: Ung spiller: Oliver Casey  (Lest 5777 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Ung spiller: Oliver Casey
« på: November 15, 2018, 22:52:29 »
Med kontrakt frem til 2020:

OLIVER CASEY: BEING A FAN MAKES IT MORE SPECIAL

OLIVER CASEY: BEING A FAN MAKES IT MORE SPECIAL
Leeds United defender Oliver Casey spoke to www.leedsunited.com after signing professional terms with the club.

The 17-year-old, who helped the Under-18s win the Professional Development League North last season, has signed a deal until the summer of 2020.

Centre-back, Casey, was delighted to put pen to paper at his boyhood club.

“I’ve been at Leeds since Under-11s, so I’m buzzing to sign a professional deal,” said Casey.

“Being a Leeds fan as well, it makes it all a bit more special for me and all the years I’ve been here have paid off.

“I still watch the first team games every week, I love it, my dad has been bringing me to games since I was young.

“When I first found out about getting a pro deal I was shocked as you usually find out a bit later in the year.

“Last year we won the league with the Under-18s and we are trying to replicate that this year, we have started quite well and we need to keep going now.

“It was a great environment to be in last year when we won the league and it was probably the best season of my life.”

Both Bailey Peacock-Farrell and Kalvin Phillips have been ever present for the Whites this season in the Sky Bet Championship, with the duo having progressed from the Academy to the first team.

Casey spoke about the pathway, which has proven to be so successful for the Whites over recent years.

“It is a factor of being here and you know if you keep working hard, there is a possibility you can get a chance and it is good to see friends now pushing on to the first team.

“My aim now is with the Under-18s to try and win the league and hopefully be pushing to get some more games at Under-23 level.

“The Under-23s have been doing really well this season, so that motivates me to do even better to try and get into that team.

“It is the best feeling in the world playing for Leeds, when I was a kid I bought Leeds shirts and now I get to pull it on every week, so it is special.

“I need to keep doing what I am doing, keep learning and improving and hopefully I can continue to progress now.”

Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

RoarG

Sv: Ung spiller: Oliver Casey
« Svar #1 på: November 17, 2018, 16:59:14 »
Enda en midtstopper? Begynner å bli flust med unge midtstoppertalenter nå. Hvem vet, kanskje blir det Casey som danker ut Cooper/Jansson på sikt? Uansett, gratulerer med ny kontakt, Oliver :).
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #2 på: Juli 11, 2019, 00:42:14 »
Adam etter York-kampen:

Who gives a shit about a centre back leaving when you have Oliver Casey coming through #lufc

:)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #3 på: Juli 11, 2019, 11:03:33 »
Paul Warrick
Casey is some ball player too, look like a formidable partnership. Think White has his work cut out to keep ahead of Casey.

————

Can tell why he’s with first team training

Yep definitely

Can see maybe why Halme was released/sold. Casey so composed on the ball.

Casey & Strujik are miles ahead of Halme imho .. Halme was a good steady player but them 2 are vgood

Agree, casey the rcb so easy to see why we moved Halme on. Casey is a right unit & great on the ball.

And he absolutely Loves Leeds.Been a mad Leeds fan all his life,he walk on his bare feet to ER to play for us.

From a great grounded family too

:)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

jackbauer68

• Gjest
« Svar #4 på: Juli 11, 2019, 11:11:38 »
Casey er like gammel nå som Matthijs de Ligt var i fjor sommer. Så hvorfor ikkje?

RoarG

« Svar #5 på: Desember 08, 2019, 12:39:42 »
Casey fikk sin debut i går mot Huddersfield. Han har gått gradene, og sammenlignes allerede med Ben White. Har vi en vordende midtstopper-juvel i stallen? Danny Mills er i alle fall begreistret. Kontrakten utgår i '20. Kan vel allerede tilbys ny kontrakt?

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/latest-leeds-united-news/spotlight-oliver-casey-leeds-united-unveil-potential-new-star-compared-ben-white-1335530
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

jaho

« Svar #6 på: Desember 08, 2019, 12:57:50 »
Casey fikk sin debut i går mot Huddersfield. Han har gått gradene, og sammenlignes allerede med Ben White. Har vi en vordende midtstopper-juvel i stallen? Danny Mills er i alle fall begreistret. Kontrakten utgår i '20. Kan vel allerede tilbys ny kontrakt?

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/latest-leeds-united-news/spotlight-oliver-casey-leeds-united-unveil-potential-new-star-compared-ben-white-1335530

Sikkert ny kontrakt før jul!!  :D  Frieling blanda han og White flere ganger, godt tegn.. ;D
« Siste redigering: Desember 08, 2019, 12:59:39 av jaho »

lowfields

« Svar #7 på: Desember 08, 2019, 14:16:27 »

Sikkert ny kontrakt før jul!!  :D  Frieling blanda han og White flere ganger, godt tegn.. ;D
Frilling kunne nesten blanda Lee Chapman med Lionel Messi og.......
"Welcome to, arguably, the noisiest ground in England"

jaho

« Svar #8 på: Desember 08, 2019, 14:24:46 »

sant sant.. ;D

RoarG

« Svar #9 på: Desember 08, 2019, 14:29:21 »

Friling kunne ha blanda Mike Tyson med Therese Johaug.

jaho

« Svar #10 på: Desember 08, 2019, 14:30:52 »

DA er det virkelig på tide med en tur til Specsavers.. ;D

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #11 på: Desember 08, 2019, 18:40:21 »

DA er det virkelig på tide med en tur til Specsavers.. ;D

Kanke stole på Specsavers. De mener sikkert at Jan Thomas er like sexy som Emma

RoarG

« Svar #12 på: Desember 08, 2019, 19:08:47 »
Nå ble det mye tull & tøys i denne tråden :P. Handler jo om en ung og talentfull spiller.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #13 på: Desember 19, 2019, 15:07:37 »
FocusOnLeeds fortsetter presentasjonen av de unge spillerne:

Olly Casey: Future First Team Regular!
 FocusOnLeeds    December 19, 2019
During the summer Leeds United let go of both Aapo Halme and Hugo Diaz, with one going to Barnsley and the other being released. At the time, many Leeds fans who watch the under 23’s regularly were surprised by the decision.

However the club had a clear plan and this was to promote both Charlie Cresswell and Olly Casey.

The latter had already played for the under 23’s last season and impressed. Eighteen months ago Casey was playing for the under 18’s and now he’s making his debut for the first team at the age of 18. As a junior he played for Wigton Moor Juniors and was asked at the age of seven to attend a Leeds United development centre. He progressed to the shadow squad and played for Leeds City boys where he started out as a striker.

At the age of 10 Andy Wood signed him to the academy and has been there ever since. He’s currently in the second year of a two year professional contract and will be looking to earn a new one before the season is out. He was named apprentice of the year in 2019 and his fine performances for both the under 18’s and the under 23’s over the year has earned him his rightful place in the first team squad.

Finding a defender in today’s game that loves to defend but can also play out from the back is hard to come by. Casey very much fits the bill, he started out as a striker when he was younger but since joining the academy, he soon found the love and passion for defending. He’s got a great ability to read the game and sniff out any danger, this is partially down to his past experience as a striker. Standing at 6ft 3, this allows him to be dominate in aerial battles and is very handy at attacking set pieces, both defensively and offensively.

Having just turned 19, he’s still got time to grow and become stronger but is still currently a physically strong player. This helps him when defending and whispers from inside the club suggest that the first team players have a difficult time beating him in training.

His primary position is a centre back but at times this season he has played in defensive midfield, which shows the ability he has on the ball. His passing range is very good and is more than capable of playing out from the back, which is something Marcelo Bielsa expects from his defenders.

Bielsa judges youth team players ability and personality based off how the other first team players take to them. He only trusts players if other first team players trust them, so to be trusted by his fellow team mates, is a big indication of Olly’s ability and attitude.

Showing his reading of the game with a good interception on his first team debut
Despite his impressive ability on the ball and the use of it, at times, Olly is guilty of over playing and giving the ball away in dangerous places. As he progresses through the levels, he’ll get punished more, however with first team experience and the pressure of it, he’ll improve his decision making. Over eagerness is also likely a factor, being a massive Leeds fan and coming from a family of massive Leeds fans, Olly will be wanting to impress. I’m sure those around him, both family and teammates will support him and give him advice when needed. Liam Coopers experience and leadership combined with Ben White’s class and composure, Olly Casey has two perfect role models to improve his game.

In terms of pace, Olly doesn’t glide across the pitch like White but certainly isn’t no slouch. His reading of the game helps him a lot and it’s only really when there is a turnover of possession and he’s out of shape that to really effects him. Against tall and less mobile strikers, Casey deals with them with ease. Against the more pacey strikers and tricky ones, he does struggle more. This being said, it’s certainly not an area of his game that is a concern.

With just six months left on his current deal, it’s vital that the club tie him down to a new deal. Being a massive Leeds fan and Leeds lad, I’m sure he wants to stay at the club. Olly’s goals over the next year will be to play more minutes for the first team and learn as much as he can from the likes of Ben White and Liam Cooper. I’d expect to see him continue to play regularly for the under 23’s and make sub appearances for the first team. Overall, Casey is a very talented player that is also a focused and grounded lad that still lives at home. He is also very popular with his under 23’s team mates and will be hoping his performances this season will lead to a England youth team call up. 

https://focusonleeds.com/2019/12/19/olly-casey-future-first-team-regular/

Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

RoarG

« Svar #14 på: Juli 14, 2020, 20:21:53 »
I all oppsrykks-viraken må vi ikke glemme og nevne at Leeds' stoppertalent Oliver Casey i dag ble beæret med en ny kontrakt i klubben. Kontrakten varer til sommeren '23. Gratulerer så mye med ny kontakt, Oliver :).

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/26784/oliver-casey

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #15 på: April 26, 2021, 22:21:47 »
Olly Casey 'drukner' ofte i Cresswell. Han er vel ikke like spillende og har mindre repertoar. men duellsterk, det er han.
I dag hadde han visst en cracking game, der Fulham virkelig testet forsvaret vårt.

Her er ett minutt Casey fra kampen.

https://twitter.com/everythinglufc_/status/1386764551992008705?s=20
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan