Skrevet av Emne: Ex lånespiller: Ben White  (Lest 38758 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

h.b

• Gjest
Ex lånespiller: Ben White
« på: Juli 01, 2019, 14:48:02 »
Navnet tilsier at det må bli en kultfigur
« Siste redigering: September 02, 2020, 10:11:41 av Asbjørn »

RoarG

Sv: Ny lånespiller, White
« Svar #1 på: Juli 01, 2019, 14:49:45 »
Bare å ønske han velkommen til klubben. Måtte han slå til.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

Sv: Ny lånespiller: Ben White
« Svar #2 på: Juli 01, 2019, 15:34:59 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

« Svar #3 på: Juli 01, 2019, 16:00:23 »
Medical ferdig og lån i Box:

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #4 på: Juli 01, 2019, 16:17:40 »
Lufcdata

Ben White will surprise a few people. The 21-year-old is a technically-gifted, ball-playing centre-back who can also slot in at right-back. Leeds had been monitoring his progress for some time. Welcome to the school of Bielsa. #LUFC

Min første Leeds-kamp:

ibster

« Svar #5 på: Juli 01, 2019, 16:44:27 »
Ben Bianchi?

RoarG

« Svar #6 på: Juli 06, 2019, 15:11:11 »
I White kan Leeds vente seg en spiller som er god til å lese spillet, samt pasnings-sikker.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-ben-white-defender-16517162
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Kato

« Svar #7 på: Juli 06, 2019, 19:58:03 »
I White kan Leeds vente seg en spiller som er god til å lese spillet, samt pasnings-sikker.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-ben-white-defender-16517162

Må ha fart.....

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #8 på: Juli 07, 2019, 17:45:33 »
På tide å lese seg opp om Ben White kanskje :)

Victor Orta details how Ben White was scouted and why defender is a perfect fit for Marcelo Bielsa

The director of football believes the young centre-half is well-suited to Bielsaball
By Nestor Watach   09:00, 7 JUL 2019

Leeds United’s director of football Victor Orta has given a unique insight into the process that went into signing Ben White on loan.
The 21-year-old Brighton & Hove Albion academy product penned a deal with his parent club until 2022 prior to his season-long loan move to Elland Road.

The Seagulls are hopeful that White can prove a useful player for them in the long-term and see a spell with Marcelo Bielsa’s Leeds as the next stage in his development, having done well in previous loans at Newport County and Peterborough United.

Notably, he featured in Newport’s backline as they knocked Leeds out of the FA Cup with a shock 2-1 win at Rodney Parade during the 2017-18 season.

Orta, speaking to LUTV, has lifted the lid on the work that went into scouting the youngster, who has been on the club’s radar for two years.
“For me, his principal skill is how he can adapt as a centre-back in our style,” he said.

“It’s difficult to find a centre-back with his quality with the ball, with his pace, he always defends really high.
“With his intensity
, and with his experience in League Two and League One, he’s a professional player that’s always passing the challenges of his career.”

White most recently spent the latter half of last season with Peterborough, making 15 appearances for the club as they narrowly missed out on a play-off spot.

As well as his ability on the ball and positional awareness, his imposing 6ft frame will be useful for defending set-pieces. He also scored once for Posh last season, heading in from a free-kick against Southend.

“I think he’s ready for the challenge, so we’re really happy because for two years we’ve been monitoring the player. We tried two years ago, and now again it happening - it shows all the work in the scouting department.
“The most important situation is that he’s a proper fit for the style that we’re playing under Marcelo Bielsa .”

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-ben-white-orta-16543898?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

NT

« Svar #9 på: Juli 08, 2019, 13:51:07 »
Kanskje denne er gammelt nytt her på forumet, men den viser ihvertfall mange av Ben Whites gode egenskaper. Morsomt å se han i aksjon for Newport mot Leeds tilbake i 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpFWSA6HVJA

Eriksen55

« Svar #10 på: Juli 08, 2019, 14:47:09 »
Ser lovende ut. Tror absolutt dette er en med stort potensiale. Veldig ballballsikker og god med begge bein. Gode klareringer og presise gjennombruddsballer. Ser ut som han er relativt rask også!

Johnnyj

« Svar #11 på: Juli 08, 2019, 18:10:04 »
Ser ut som en god og lovende spiller.

Hadde håpet på en "option to buy", men når man har greid å få til det med både Harrison og Costa, så skal jeg ikke klage.

Brighton hentet jo også Matt Clarke fra Portsmouth for 4 mill £. Vi skal ha vært med i kampen om signaturen hans også.
Men de har jo allerede Dunk og Duffy som spiller fast.

Hadde mest av alt håpet på Clarke hit. For han kunne blitt en god erstatter for Pontus.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #12 på: Juli 19, 2019, 10:43:31 »
Leeds United, Ben White and filling Marcelo Bielsa's defensive void

Joe UrquhartPublished: 18:36

Leeds United loanee Ben White featured in the 5-1 victory over Tadcaster Albion.
Updated: 18:55 Thursday 18 July 2019

It won’t be lost on many around these parts over the shift in the centre of Leeds United’s defence this summer.

One player was welcomed with open arms to LS11 while another was shoved unceremoniously through Elland Road’s exit door in haste.

Blurred tales of disruption and financial fair play followed Pontus Jansson as he swapped West Yorkshire for West London, but however the Swede’s departure is perceived there is no question he leaves a hole that needs filling in United’s back four.

Unanswered questions remain over Jansson’s transfer to Brentford, as does the fact over whether Leeds will look to bolster their ranks at the back with a further name.

Taking the window on face value to date, Leeds have swapped a centre-back who was named in last seasons PFA Championship Team of the Year for one who is yet to kick a ball in the division.

Though, Leeds will feel the move runs deeper than that. And you could argue it does. Ben White is an acquisition that fits the Marcelo Bielsa mould. A ball-playing centre-back who can be nurtured to fit into the Argentine’s machine.

White will also pose the argument himself that it is high time he was afforded an opportunity in the second tier after strong stints in League One and Two - a player who has taken everything in his stride thus far. And Leeds, it seems, are the club that convinced him it was Elland Road where that particular goal could be fulfilled.

“I think I’ve got it in me to do it,” White said over filling the void.

“I had a couple of clubs that wanted to take me but Leeds seemed the most interested. We had a meeting in the summer and we discussed what I was looking to do this season and it F***ed with my aims. That’s why I came here.”

It was clear from an early stage that Jansson was no longer welcome at Thorp Arch. But White is a name that has been on the lips of sporting director Victor Orta for some time.

The Poole-born defender caught the Spaniard’s eye during spells with Newport County and Peterborough United, and now he’s brought him north from Brighton to continue his development in what United will be hoping can be their gain.

“It’s difficult to find a centre-back with his quality with the ball,” Orta said earlier this month.

“A professional player is always passing the challenges in his career. I think he’s ready for the challenge [of the Championship] now.

“We are really happy because if for two years you monitor a player, and then for it to happen, it shows the effective work in the scouting department.

“We are really happy because it’s a player that in the end can show in Leeds his brand of football. The most important situation is a proper fit for the style that we are playing and the manager Marcelo Bielsa.”

White has made two outings for United so far at Guiseley and Tadcaster Albion and is part of the group left behind at Thorp Arch away from the club’s pre-season tour of Australia.

Fitness work and a period of acclimatisation to daily requirements under El Loco’s methods were the reasons given for those held back, and it seems the adjustment has helped.

“They’ve been different,” White admitted of his new training regime. “It’s longer days and sleeping between sessions. It’s been very different for me. I’m learning different things everyday.

“It’s been really good though and I’m happy with how it’s going.

“Training is nothing like games so it is nice to get the matches underway. It’s all about getting as many minutes as possible ahead of the season.”

His performances haven’t gone unnoticed, albeit against inferior opposition compared to those he will face in the Championship this season.

A centre-back who was strong on the ball was promised by both club and player and it seems they’ve delivered on exactly that. A display of driving runs, crossfield balls and risk-reward football in the last line of defence has caught the eye.

White appears quiet and unassuming away from the football pitch, but there is a certain swagger to his play that has been clear for all to witness. A confidence born from a belief in his own ability.

“It’s what I do,” he continued.

“I’m quite comfortable on the ball so when I see space I like to drive into it. I’m cool and calm, I like to play out from the back and I want to try and play as many games as I can.

“With more games you are going to keep learning. I’ve now got a few under my belt so it’s time to push on and try and get up the leagues."

The objective is clear regardless of any other incomings; a spot in Bielsa's back four at Ashton Gate when August 4 rolls around.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-latest/leeds-united-ben-white-and-filling-marcelo-bielsa-s-defensive-void-1-9886557/amp?__twitter_impression=true
Min første Leeds-kamp:

leedslife

« Svar #13 på: August 08, 2019, 15:11:16 »
Intr å høre fra dagens pressekonferanse hvilken innvirkning Orta og nettverket hadde på signeringen av White.

Craig Dean som forøvrig tipset om Dan James kan virkelig gi valuta på sikt.
Overrasket over at vi klarte å beholde han.
Må jo være  attraktiv for de største klubbene som prøver å mate systemet for unge britiske spillere

Trålern1975

« Svar #14 på: August 13, 2019, 23:23:17 »
Noen som vet om det er en kjøpsopsjon i lånekontrakten til White? Han e virkelig ett scoop!

Kato

« Svar #15 på: August 13, 2019, 23:26:46 »
Noen som vet om det er en kjøpsopsjon i lånekontrakten til White? Han e virkelig ett scoop!

Tror dessverre det bare er vanlig lån. Kupp, intet mindre.

auren

« Svar #16 på: August 13, 2019, 23:28:23 »
Vi får bare håpe på at Brighton rykker ned og vi opp, så skal vi alltids få kjøpt ham  ;)

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

RoarG

« Svar #17 på: August 13, 2019, 23:32:27 »
Vi får bare håpe på at Brighton rykker ned og vi opp, så skal vi alltids få kjøpt ham  ;)

auren
De er godt forspent med gode midtstoppere, så kanskje.

Jon R

« Svar #18 på: August 13, 2019, 23:56:48 »
Basert på 3 første kamper: Ser ut som om han er god nok for PL allerede.
Jon R.

jackbauer68

• Gjest
« Svar #19 på: August 14, 2019, 08:35:59 »
Basert på 3 første kamper: Ser ut som om han er god nok for PL allerede.

Ja, det virker nesten for godt til å være sant. Merkelig at han ikkje skal være vurdert som en av dei 3-4 aktuelle stopperene i Brighton.

Eriksen55

« Svar #20 på: August 14, 2019, 09:01:21 »
Glad jeg ikke tar sorgene på forskudd. Tenk å unødvendig bekymring flere har hatt.  ;D

Spøk til revolver!

Kan vi risikere at Brighton tilbakekaller White i januar? Chelsea gjorde det med Baker pga lite spilletid. WBA mistet Harvey Barnes pga det motsatte...

Sydhagen

« Svar #21 på: August 14, 2019, 09:11:41 »
Klassespiller allerede og kommer til å bli en topp forsvarsspiller i PL innen få år.
Kanskje allerede neste år..

Synd vi ikke har kjøpsopsjon på han her.
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #22 på: August 14, 2019, 09:20:42 »
Klassespiller allerede og kommer til å bli en topp forsvarsspiller i PL innen få år.

Vel. Rykker vi opp. Da har vi råd til å kjøpe spilleren, og får nok kjøpt spilleren . Rykker vi ikke opp, da blir det krisesalg og ikke råd til å kjøpe spilleren uansett

Jon R

« Svar #23 på: August 14, 2019, 09:22:35 »

Vel. Rykker vi opp. Da har vi råd til å kjøpe spilleren, og får nok kjøpt spilleren . Rykker vi ikke opp, da blir det krisesalg og ikke råd til å kjøpe spilleren uansett
Det er nok dessverre en riktig analyse.
Jon R.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #24 på: August 15, 2019, 16:07:07 »
Q & A with Phil Hay:

Do you reckon there's any chance that we'll sign Ben White on a permanent following promotion to the Premier League? Or what about if we miss out, do you reckon he'll be too much? I think the lad's absolutely quality.
on and off the pitch that is. Seems to have integrated very well with the rest of the squad, with Kalvin especially. Looks like such a nice lad as well as a top, top footballer. Would love to see him play for us permanently.

Hay:
as it stands, I can't see it. Brighton deliberately resisted the attempt to add a permanent option to the loan deal because they rate him very highly. That said, there are a lot of CBs at Brighton and they've just thrown £20m at Adam Webster. So never say never. Like you say, he wouldn't be cheap.
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Sølvreven

« Svar #25 på: August 15, 2019, 18:03:43 »
White har vært ekstremt stabil og god i de første kampene. Sesongens beste overraskelse  :)

Leedsoholic. Oppfinneren av "pretting".

Lucas the Kop Cat

« Svar #26 på: August 16, 2019, 09:47:31 »
White har vært ekstremt stabil og god i de første kampene. Sesongens beste overraskelse  :)
Og det har vært utrolig befriende. Med Pontus var det litt mye "armer og bein" som kanskje var god underholdning men også en påkjenning å være vitne til.

auren

« Svar #27 på: August 16, 2019, 10:37:23 »
Fytti katta! Se på den sprinten han tar!

https://twitter.com/Pow7777777/status/1161421916961480706

Visste ikke at han var så kjapp!

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

RoarG

« Svar #28 på: August 16, 2019, 11:22:13 »
Og det har vært utrolig befriende. Med Pontus var det litt mye "armer og bein" som kanskje var god underholdning men også en påkjenning å være vitne til.
White er en soleklar oppgradering for Jansson. Her traff Leeds 100% med begge beslutninger.

leedslife

« Svar #29 på: August 16, 2019, 11:30:18 »
White er en soleklar oppgradering for Jansson. Her traff Leeds 100% med begge beslutninger.

White har vært enorm og potensiale er utvilsomt skyhøyt, men lar det gå noen måneder til.
Pontus var tross alt en av våre beste i flere sesonger.