Skrevet av Emne: LEEDS UNITED - Vinner av FIFA`s Fair Play Award 2019  (Lest 2746 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Cannavaro

LEEDS UNITED - Vinner av FIFA`s Fair Play Award 2019
« på: September 24, 2019, 16:00:26 »
Syns virkelig vi må ha en tråd for denne !!  På prisutdelingen igår mottok Leeds prisen for Fair Play 2019, det var etter insidenten mot Aston Villa, da Bielsa oppfordret spillerne til å la AV score.  Artig at vi kommer på kartet i den internasjonale fotball verden. Det er en pris og en tanke bak som teller (selv om ikke alle var enige med Bielsa om å la AV score i den kampen).  Jeg liker filosofien og tankegangen til Bielsa svært godt, så dette er virkelig heder og ære til ham og klubben for gode holdninger ihvertfall i den store fotball verden.

https://www.fifa.com/the-best-fifa-football-awards/fifa-fair-play-award/

MFLU - Miracles For Leeds United

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Sv: LEEDS UNITED - Vinner av FIFA`s Fair Play Award 2019
« Svar #1 på: September 24, 2019, 16:25:08 »
Enig i det. :)

Here is that speech in full:
“In the game Leeds vs Aston Villa of season ’18-19 we scored a goal when the opponent accepted us to interpret the game. Immediately afterwards as the game resumed we solved the situation offering no resistance to our rival and allowed them to equalise and tie the march.

“FIFA has decided to recognise our behaviour. Naturally I would like to thank, share and dedicate the distinction recieved.

“To start with I want to think FIFA and also to Leeds United and its fans, who did not question my actions.
“They could have claimed that I had to respect the ruling of the official but instead accepted my particular interpretation of differentiating something that is legal between something that is fair.

“The fitness coach of the team Benoit Delaval and captain Liam Cooper are present at this event. The first significantly influence my decision and the second represents a player who had the extremely uncomfortable task of following my instructions.

“When choosing how to act, the most difficult thing is not distinguish between right and wrong but to accept the consequences of doing what corresponds.
“Whilst there are immediate effects the important thing is to consider how we feel when time passes and we review our behaviour.

“When, as in this case, there was no time to reflect and we had to intervene instantly, our reflexes are conditioned by education, examples, references.
“I want to mention my mother who always knew what was right and what was wrong. Also to Newell’s Old Boys of Rosario, a club to which I belong where for 20 years I learned to live football in a particular way.
“There are permanent presences in my life such as my family and some friends who remind me of values that should not be forgotten. Football, due to its enormous impact at time operates on some aspects of public morals and it is especially involved in the mouldings of lives of those who have less or are the weakest. It is not convenient to comment on realities that you imagine but do not live. However I think most of those who have less, chose to do the right thing.

“With great effort, they remain worthy and live in decency. The recognition that FIFA gives us today included them because it rewards the same behaviour that they anonymously live every day.”

https://the72.co.uk/145423/marcelo-bielsas-incredible-acceptance-speech-in-full/
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Blank_File

« Svar #2 på: September 24, 2019, 16:58:20 »
Ganske spesielt og ekstremt uventet. Men begeistringen min for Bielsa vil ingen ende ta. Det er sikkert og visst!

JacobScreek

• På juniorlaget
  • *** LEEDS UTD - the greatest team in the world***
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #3 på: September 24, 2019, 18:20:05 »
LEEDS UNITED - Vinner av FIFA`s Fair Play Award 2019

Av alle lag i heile verda så valgte dei oss...LEEDS UNITED....Dirty Leeds  8) 8)

...og dette berre noen måneder etter at det engelske forbundet gav oss ca.2,3 mill NOK i bot for å ha møtt opp på motstanderes treningsområde og kikka litt for iherdig på noen treninger der...senere omtalt som spionasje  ;D ;D ;D

#MOT #WAFLL #ALAW
There's only ONE United - LEEDS UNITED!
MOT...

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #4 på: September 24, 2019, 18:35:28 »
Mange rare observasjoner på denne tildelingen, Tom Carnduff har derimot skjønt det:

Forget Spygate, Marcelo Bielsa and Leeds United deserve to win FIFA Fair Play Award
Football

Tom Carnduff explains why Marcelo Bielsa deserved to win the FIFA Fair Play Award

Tom Carnduff · Columnist

17:51 · September 24, 2019 · 5 min read

The Best FIFA Football Awards 2019 took place on Monday night, with the stars of world football sharing an evening to celebrate their achievements.

There was little surprise when it came to the top categories. Lionel Messi claimed The Best FIFA Men's Player while Megan Rapinoe won the Women's equivalent.
Jurgen Klopp was named The Best FIFA Men's Coach after winning the Champions League with Liverpool. Again, bar the usual tribalistic grumblings, this wasn't exactly a shock, nor was it undeserved.

However, in among the major awards, Marcelo Bielsa picked up the FIFA Fair Play Award. The panel judged that his decision to demand that his Leeds team allow Aston Villa to score in their April meeting was an act that stood out from the rest.

It was a bit of a shock. There were no whispers that Leeds were up for this award - instead, the news was broken on social media during the ceremony itself.

Explaining the award, FIFA said: "The Argentinean coach and his team ultimately sacrificed promotion for his team to uphold the values of fair play – instructing his Leeds United team to allow an equaliser after his side had gone 1-0 up with an opposition player down injured."

Mayhem at Elland Road

As with anything relating to Leeds, Twitter was full of reaction to the award. Many expressed shock, referencing the infamous Spygate incident from January.
There were the jokes as well, myself included. Leeds United, the actual Leeds United, winning an actual award from the actual FIFA for fair play? Surely not.

Whatever your opinion on Bielsa's Leeds may be, one thing ought to be clear: the decision by FIFA to give Leeds this award is nothing but the correct one.

Leeds, chasing the promised land of the Premier League, took the lead in a game against a promotion rival and willingly gave away an equaliser in the interest of fair play.
I don't think they should have done it. Mateusz Klich scoring while Jonathan Kodjia was down injured, having hurt himself attempting to tackle a Leeds player, is not worthy of stopping play; Leeds did nothing wrong in the first place.

But there is no doubt that it was an act of incredible sportsmanship. Everyone can say that they would have done the same, but in the moment, with chaos across the pitch, to do so is quite something.

Yet Bielsa's justification is seldom remembered, considered or referenced. Instead, Spygate is spoken about.

Remember when Leeds watched training from a public path accessible to anyone? That has seemingly tarnished a figure that English football should be grateful to have.
It probably comes down to what is a modern phenomenon across top-level punditry - laziness.
Rather than assess a situation level-headedly, it's easier to say something that receives more clicks or reaction. "Well Marcelo Bielsa is a cheat so how can he win a fair play award?"

Easy, he's not. In fact, he's quite the opposite. You could tell how much the Spygate situation affected him. He'd spoken in the months before about his feeling of 'being a guest' in England - holding opinions on how things could be done differently but feeling he is not in the place to say so.

The legacy of Spygate is one in which nothing else matters. The multiple acts of good completely disregarded for one that was perceived as bad - and I hold the opinion that certain statements wouldn't have been made had Bielsa been an English coach.

If you don't believe Bielsa deserves to win an award based around fair play then consider the following.
Consider when he took his Leeds players to pick up litter in his early days at the club to help them understand the value of the cost of a ticket to a regular fan.

Consider the dossier of every formation used in every Sky Bet Championship match during the 2017–18 season in order to prove his "exceptional talent" in order to gain a work permit.

Consider the more than £2m he spent from his own personal money to fund a new training facility at Newell's Old Boys in Argentina - saying it was "paying a debt" to the "the club who formed me."
Consider the fact he lives in a small one-bed apartment and walks 45 minutes each way every day to Leeds' Thorp Arch training ground - rejecting offers of lifts from journalists because "I like to walk."

Consider the money he spent in buying a phone, a laptop, a TV and a car for a raffle for Leeds' day-to-day workers at Christmas - giving it all away to those who worked in the canteen and on the training pitch and elsewhere.

Above all that, consider the fact that he is a normal person. A manager and an exceptional one, but ultimately a man with no interest in the celebrity status that his achievements bring.

"The facts are those which everyone could see," Bielsa said of the Aston Villa incident at the time.
"What happened happened and we behaved as we behaved. That's all I can say about something which is very clear."

When asked if he had instructed his players to allow Villa's equaliser in the interests of fair play or simply to help restore order, Bielsa continued: "I don't understand the difference. I don't see any difference.
"What happened happened and we reacted the way we reacted. You make a difference between fair play and the circumstances of the game, but for me it's the same.

"English football is known around the world for its noble features of how we play."
While the incident in January, and indeed throughout the first-half of the season, led to this belief that Bielsa is a person with a blatant disregard to English values, the game against Aston Villa is one of many which demonstrates quite the opposite.

Bielsa's career hasn't brought the level of trophies that it should have. His genius hasn't been rewarded with accolades. His work has often been away from the brightest of spotlights.
The way he conducts himself has always been high in the priorities list. Never a bad word on officials, never targeting individual players and never looking to bring the game into disrepute.

For Bielsa to be commended for that attitude is the correct call - and there will be many hoping he can end the long wait for team success when the season concludes in May.

https://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/why-bielsa-deserves-fair-play-award/171886?aff=1197317997&dcmp=SL_TWITTER_BIELSAAWARD_2409
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Blank_File

« Svar #5 på: September 24, 2019, 19:31:48 »
Mange rare observasjoner på denne tildelingen, Tom Carnduff har derimot skjønt det:

Forget Spygate, Marcelo Bielsa and Leeds United deserve to win FIFA Fair Play Award
Football

Tom Carnduff explains why Marcelo Bielsa deserved to win the FIFA Fair Play Award

Tom Carnduff · Columnist

17:51 · September 24, 2019 · 5 min read

The Best FIFA Football Awards 2019 took place on Monday night, with the stars of world football sharing an evening to celebrate their achievements.

There was little surprise when it came to the top categories. Lionel Messi claimed The Best FIFA Men's Player while Megan Rapinoe won the Women's equivalent.
Jurgen Klopp was named The Best FIFA Men's Coach after winning the Champions League with Liverpool. Again, bar the usual tribalistic grumblings, this wasn't exactly a shock, nor was it undeserved.

However, in among the major awards, Marcelo Bielsa picked up the FIFA Fair Play Award. The panel judged that his decision to demand that his Leeds team allow Aston Villa to score in their April meeting was an act that stood out from the rest.

It was a bit of a shock. There were no whispers that Leeds were up for this award - instead, the news was broken on social media during the ceremony itself.

Explaining the award, FIFA said: "The Argentinean coach and his team ultimately sacrificed promotion for his team to uphold the values of fair play – instructing his Leeds United team to allow an equaliser after his side had gone 1-0 up with an opposition player down injured."

Mayhem at Elland Road

As with anything relating to Leeds, Twitter was full of reaction to the award. Many expressed shock, referencing the infamous Spygate incident from January.
There were the jokes as well, myself included. Leeds United, the actual Leeds United, winning an actual award from the actual FIFA for fair play? Surely not.

Whatever your opinion on Bielsa's Leeds may be, one thing ought to be clear: the decision by FIFA to give Leeds this award is nothing but the correct one.

Leeds, chasing the promised land of the Premier League, took the lead in a game against a promotion rival and willingly gave away an equaliser in the interest of fair play.
I don't think they should have done it. Mateusz Klich scoring while Jonathan Kodjia was down injured, having hurt himself attempting to tackle a Leeds player, is not worthy of stopping play; Leeds did nothing wrong in the first place.

But there is no doubt that it was an act of incredible sportsmanship. Everyone can say that they would have done the same, but in the moment, with chaos across the pitch, to do so is quite something.

Yet Bielsa's justification is seldom remembered, considered or referenced. Instead, Spygate is spoken about.

Remember when Leeds watched training from a public path accessible to anyone? That has seemingly tarnished a figure that English football should be grateful to have.
It probably comes down to what is a modern phenomenon across top-level punditry - laziness.
Rather than assess a situation level-headedly, it's easier to say something that receives more clicks or reaction. "Well Marcelo Bielsa is a cheat so how can he win a fair play award?"

Easy, he's not. In fact, he's quite the opposite. You could tell how much the Spygate situation affected him. He'd spoken in the months before about his feeling of 'being a guest' in England - holding opinions on how things could be done differently but feeling he is not in the place to say so.

The legacy of Spygate is one in which nothing else matters. The multiple acts of good completely disregarded for one that was perceived as bad - and I hold the opinion that certain statements wouldn't have been made had Bielsa been an English coach.

If you don't believe Bielsa deserves to win an award based around fair play then consider the following.
Consider when he took his Leeds players to pick up litter in his early days at the club to help them understand the value of the cost of a ticket to a regular fan.

Consider the dossier of every formation used in every Sky Bet Championship match during the 2017–18 season in order to prove his "exceptional talent" in order to gain a work permit.

Consider the more than £2m he spent from his own personal money to fund a new training facility at Newell's Old Boys in Argentina - saying it was "paying a debt" to the "the club who formed me."
Consider the fact he lives in a small one-bed apartment and walks 45 minutes each way every day to Leeds' Thorp Arch training ground - rejecting offers of lifts from journalists because "I like to walk."

Consider the money he spent in buying a phone, a laptop, a TV and a car for a raffle for Leeds' day-to-day workers at Christmas - giving it all away to those who worked in the canteen and on the training pitch and elsewhere.

Above all that, consider the fact that he is a normal person. A manager and an exceptional one, but ultimately a man with no interest in the celebrity status that his achievements bring.

"The facts are those which everyone could see," Bielsa said of the Aston Villa incident at the time.
"What happened happened and we behaved as we behaved. That's all I can say about something which is very clear."

When asked if he had instructed his players to allow Villa's equaliser in the interests of fair play or simply to help restore order, Bielsa continued: "I don't understand the difference. I don't see any difference.
"What happened happened and we reacted the way we reacted. You make a difference between fair play and the circumstances of the game, but for me it's the same.

"English football is known around the world for its noble features of how we play."
While the incident in January, and indeed throughout the first-half of the season, led to this belief that Bielsa is a person with a blatant disregard to English values, the game against Aston Villa is one of many which demonstrates quite the opposite.

Bielsa's career hasn't brought the level of trophies that it should have. His genius hasn't been rewarded with accolades. His work has often been away from the brightest of spotlights.
The way he conducts himself has always been high in the priorities list. Never a bad word on officials, never targeting individual players and never looking to bring the game into disrepute.

For Bielsa to be commended for that attitude is the correct call - and there will be many hoping he can end the long wait for team success when the season concludes in May.

https://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/why-bielsa-deserves-fair-play-award/171886?aff=1197317997&dcmp=SL_TWITTER_BIELSAAWARD_2409
Utrolig flott artikkel. Hvordan skal livet gå videre etter Bielsa?

RoarG

« Svar #6 på: September 24, 2019, 23:31:39 »
Mange mugne kommentarer. Særlig i sutre-Derby. Passer ikke så godt i offer-narrativet deres at Dirty Leeds får en slik pris.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Lucas the Kop Cat

« Svar #7 på: September 25, 2019, 08:47:21 »
Mange mugne kommentarer. Særlig i sutre-Derby. Passer ikke så godt i offer-narrativet deres at Dirty Leeds får en slik pris.
Når jeg leser alle disse kommentarene, så fremstår det egentlig som ren mobbing av klubben vår. Veldig mange utenfor Leeds oppfatter Spygate som en fillesak som EFL blåste opp men forståsegpåer-bøllene fortsetter å gjenta den tabben som ble gjort og som for lengst er beklaget og opp og avgjort.

RoarG

« Svar #8 på: September 27, 2019, 21:53:38 »
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

ar9

« Svar #9 på: September 28, 2019, 11:46:01 »
Når jeg leser alle disse kommentarene, så fremstår det egentlig som ren mobbing av klubben vår. Veldig mange utenfor Leeds oppfatter Spygate som en fillesak som EFL blåste opp men forståsegpåer-bøllene fortsetter å gjenta den tabben som ble gjort og som for lengst er beklaget og opp og avgjort.

Uansett om vi rykker opp eller ei hadde det vært digg om vi knuser dem i bortekampen på Pride Park/Baseball Ground/Mel Morris Stadium eller hva det nå heter.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #10 på: Oktober 06, 2019, 09:54:19 »
Laget ikke noen spesiell tråd for denne tweeten, men passet da inn her :)

Declan Greenwood
@DeclanGLeeds
Me and Matty on train, coops and Dallas come down to us, have a pic and nice word, and buy 18 cans for the lads on the train

@LiamCooper__ @dallas_stuart pic.twitter.com/CKH5VImCcr

https://twitter.com/DeclanGLeeds/status/1180553904477605888?s=20

Aye quality lads, said they’d make it right after international break

Did Coops say how long he's out for?
- 6 n half week ish

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

HåvardK

« Svar #11 på: Oktober 06, 2019, 11:52:48 »
Laget ikke noen spesiell tråd for denne tweeten, men passet da inn her :)

Declan Greenwood
@DeclanGLeeds
Me and Matty on train, coops and Dallas come down to us, have a pic and nice word, and buy 18 cans for the lads on the train

@LiamCooper__ @dallas_stuart pic.twitter.com/CKH5VImCcr

https://twitter.com/DeclanGLeeds/status/1180553904477605888?s=20

Aye quality lads, said they’d make it right after international break

Did Coops say how long he's out for?
- 6 n half week ish
Nå ble jeg faktisk rørt. Det er virkelig noe spesielt med gutta på dette laget.