Skrevet av Emne: Sesongen i Championship 2019-2020  (Lest 83702 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Sesongen i Championship 2019-2020
« på: Juli 29, 2019, 16:46:51 »
Greit å få det bekreftet fra offisielt hold :D

Phil Hay
@PhilHay_

This might have been covered already but no consequences of Kalvin Phillips' red card in Italy on Saturday. Free to play against Bristol City.
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

RoarG

Sv: Sv: Sesongen i Championship - 2018-19
« Svar #1 på: September 13, 2019, 12:51:38 »
"Leeds-fansen hater meg", sier primadonna-spiller Jack Grealish.

https://sportslens.com/aston-villa-star-jack-grealish-says-leeds-united-fans-hate-him/275676/
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

B_Ød

« Svar #2 på: September 13, 2019, 13:00:33 »
Ups & Ups!!

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #3 på: September 15, 2019, 23:18:19 »
Etter 7 kamper i 2017:
1.plass   17 poeng

Etter 7 kamper i 2018:
1.plass   15 poeng

Etter 7 kamper i 2019:
1.plass    16 poeng

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

baste

« Svar #4 på: September 16, 2019, 02:57:46 »
Etter 7 kamper i 2017:
1.plass   17 poeng

Etter 7 kamper i 2018:
1.plass   15 poeng

Etter 7 kamper i 2019:
1.plass    16 poeng

Alle gode ting er 3... la det skje  ;D PL here we come

jaho

« Svar #5 på: September 16, 2019, 09:14:20 »
Etter 7 kamper i 2017:
1.plass   17 poeng

Etter 7 kamper i 2018:
1.plass   15 poeng

Etter 7 kamper i 2019:
1.plass    16 poeng

Alle gode ting er 3... la det skje  ;D PL here we come

Det MÃ… skje..tenk at vi også har kun 1!! runde utenom topp 3 siden serieavslutningen 17/18..(den runden var en 4 plass..)
så stabilt i toppen gjør at vi ihvertfall snart har gjort oss fortjent til et opprykk...men det funker dessverre ikke sånn..men har trua, har flere kort å spille på i år kan det se ut til! Virker også som de største konkurrentene har færre lånespillere som stjerner også..i gata som Gayle, Mount, Wilson som kan herje på dette nivået... Kan nesten se ut som vi har gjort det største varpet med White denne sesongen.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #6 på: September 18, 2019, 13:41:32 »
Hmm, mer 'unity' i spillerstallen denne sesongen
De som ikke levde opp til Bielsa-standarden er borte :o

Kinnear: More relaxed atmosphere at Leeds this season

Date: 18th September 2019 at 9:53am   Written by: Gary Livingstone

Leeds CEO Angus Kinnear has said that there is a more relaxed atmosphere at Leeds this season, with the players fully understanding what manager Marcelo Bielsa wants.  He also said that Leeds are now the F***est team in the Championship.
Kinnear was talking on the latest episode of the Talking Shutt podcast when he was asked if Bielsa had changed since last season.

The podcast host pointed to Bielsa walking with his arm around Jack Harrison after the Man City loanee was subbed off in the game against Barnsley.

“I think there’s more unity in the squad this season, so there’s definitely a great feeling,” Kinnear said.
“Marcelo doesn’t set out to be friends with the players but he’s created an environment where there’s a fantastic team spirit, where all the players are prepared to be at Thorp Arch all hours.

“They’ve got the clubhouse, they play table tennis tournaments and darts tournaments, and they’ve got a DJ playing in the corner, and that’s the environment that he wanted to create.
“He said he wants the players to play with intensity, that’s absolutely key.

“We are F***er than any other team in the division and the players know that. Bielsa has said that’s the intensity he requires – if you don’t make the weight you don’t play, the players are weighed three times a day and won’t play if they don’t hit the weight.
“They all understand that expectation now so Bielsa doesn’t have to hit them with it every day and I imagine that’s created a more relaxed atmosphere. The other thing is the players who couldn’t reach that level aren’t here anymore.”

Late goals for Leeds
Kinnear makes a bold claim about Leeds, calling them the F***est team in the league.
Bielsa plays and trains his players with a fierce intensity. From his arrival last summer he made it clear that Thorp Arch is a place of work, and demanded players arrived at 9am, with them often staying until seven or eight in the evening. [Guardian]

In an interview with Swedish outlet Aftonbladet, former centre-back Pontus Jansson said life under Bielsa was “tough”.
“I have had a fantastic development during Bielsa and I know how much he cares about me,” said Jansson. “So as I developed as a player, as a person and how I train, sleep and eat … there has been a tremendous development and everything is more or less thanks to him.

“Sure, it has been tough and many long exercises. But one must take that for what he has done with our team has been absolutely fantastic.”

Ultimately, Jansson fell foul of an exacting manager and was moved on in the summer.
It’s telling that Kinnear said that players that couldn’t live up to the Bielsa standards were no longer at the club.
But there is evidence that his work is paying off.

Leeds have scored 12 goals in the Championship this season. Three of these have been in the first half of games, with two coming between 30 and 45 minutes. [WhoScored]
Nine have come in the second half of games, with three in the final 15 minutes, when the opposition is tiring.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2019/09/blogs/kinnear-more-relaxed-atmosphere-at-leeds-this-season/

|
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Cherry

« Svar #7 på: September 18, 2019, 13:47:54 »
Man må være dedikert under Marcelo Ja :

“I think there’s more unity in the squad this season, so there’s definitely a great feeling,” Kinnear said.
“Marcelo doesn’t set out to be friends with the players but he’s created an environment where there’s a fantastic team spirit, where all the players are prepared to be at Thorp Arch all hours.

“They’ve got the clubhouse, they play table tennis tournaments and darts tournaments, and they’ve got a DJ playing in the corner, and that’s the environment that he wanted to create.
“He said he wants the players to play with intensity, that’s absolutely key.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #8 på: September 22, 2019, 20:51:11 »
Det e faktisk såå gale:  :o

Paul Bullimore
@paris_paul

17th in the home league table. How do we learn to break down defences quicker and put games to bed? Is it really individuals costing us, or the way we set up and execute? Could, god forbid, Bielsa need a new approach.....
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #9 på: September 25, 2019, 10:48:34 »
Hinchcliffe: Bielsa could be fantastic in the Premier League
 Date: 25th September 2019 at 9:25am  Written by: Gary Livingstone

Sky Sports pundit Andy Hinchcliffe has claimed that Marcelo Bielsa “could be fantastic” in the Premier League with Leeds and expects the club to go up this season.

Bielsa and Leeds narrowly missed out on promotion last season after finishing third in the Championship and losing in the play-offs to Derby County.

Bielsa stayed on at Leeds and his side are currently top of the league after eight games.

Talking on The Debate (Sky Sports, Tuesday, midnight), former Man City and Everton player Hinchcliffe said he expects Leeds to go up this season and warned the football world to “watch out”.

“I’d be surprised if Leeds finish outside of the top two this season,” Hinchcliffe said.

Asked how Bielsa would fare in the Premier League, Hinchcliffe said, “He could be fantastic, at the right club with the right bunch of players, who give themselves up to him, which is what’s happening at Leeds.
“Maybe that’s why the Championship was good for him. The players at Leeds love him. He would be wonderful. If he gets Leeds to the Premier League and hopefully stays on, watch out. ”

Bielsa has changed Leeds
That much is obvious. When Bielsa arrived Leeds had finished 13th in the Championship. He took pretty much the same squad to within a whisker of promotion.

Bielsa is hugely popular with the fans both for what’s happening on the pitch, but also off it, with the manager regularly spotted in the community – as he was recently when one fan saw him shopping in Morrisons with his Leeds training kit on.
That would be fantastic to see if he was a Premier League manager.

According to Athletic journalist Phil Hay, Bielsa’s contract is “effectively three one-year deals with the club holding an option to extend each time. They won’t stand in his way if he wants to leave”.
There was doubt about whether he would stay if Leeds didn’t get promoted last season, but he ended up signing for another season.

Given that, there has to be a doubt about whether he would stay for a third season in the Championship, but Hay thinks if he does get promoted, he will be looking to keep faith in his current crop of players.
The Telegraph has reported that Bielsa has a clause that would enable him to leave if he feels he can’t take Leeds any further.
That makes this a very high-stakes season for Leeds. We’d love to see Bielsa and Leeds in the Premier League – this season could represent the last chance.

Sitat
Simon O'Rourke
@simon_orourke
 Â· Feb 26, 2019

Replying to @TSSLUFC
I think some folks are making an assumption as to what the goals actually are. For all we know, the goal was playoffs at minimum and a fight for the top two. We’re about three wins from guaranteeing that.
Sitat
@PhilHay_

people very close to him in Argentina said when he took the job that he’d only stay on for a second year if Leeds were promoted. I don’t know what he’s thinking now but that was the message.

1:59 PM - Feb 26, 2019
✔
Sitat
@PhilHay_

The spate of new contracts at Leeds United suggests Marcelo Bielsa will take a lot of these players with him if the club win promotion this season.

A piece from Barnsley, including the thoughts of Uwe Rosler on Stuart Dallas' growing reputation:
https://
theathletic.co.uk/1211953/2019/0
9/16/new-contracts-show-bielsa-believes-dallas-and-co-are-real-deal-for-premier-league/
…

https://thisisfutbol.com/2019/09/blogs/hinchcliffe-bielsa-could-be-fantastic-in-the-premier-league/
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #10 på: September 25, 2019, 10:57:15 »
Graham Smyth klarer faktisk å tilføre denne debatten nye momenter!

Jack Harrison and Helder Costa by the numbers and what Marcelo Bielsa might want from his Leeds United wingers

Jack Harrison has had a frustrating time of it when it comes to crossing, yet there's more to his game (Pic: Getty)

Graham Smyth
Published: 06:00   Wednesday 25 September 2019

Helder Costa turned his body to face the East Stand and trotted inside, forsaking the left touchline for a central position and Marcelo Bielsa turned away in irritation.
The moment, during the second half of Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Derby County was a fleeting insight into what Bielsa wanted from his £15m substitute and an indication, perhaps, of what it is Jack Harrison does that Bielsa likes.

Leeds United had the ball deep in their own half and Bielsa was gesticulating in his winger’s direction, apparently urging Costa to get wider.

Instead, the Portuguese appeared to go his own way, unaware of his coach’s instruction.

Harrison’s heat map for the current season shows scorched earth on the left flank, tight to the touchline, with a right angle portraying his trademark cut inside.
What he has done very well in the 2019-20 version of Leeds United, is providing a constantly willing and available outlet out wide.

Helder Costa has been restricted to substitute cameos in the Championship (Pic: Getty)
Harrison is attempting to dribble past opponents at a similar rate to last season, but in a more advanced position, with more intent to get into the area.
What he is not doing very well, at present, is crossing the ball.

In the 2018-19 campaign, Harrison attempted to send in 4.68 crosses per 90 minutes.
Just under a third of those were deemed accurate, by football data platform Wyscout.
The current numbers do not make for pretty reading for the Manchester City loanee.
He is trying to send an extra cross per 90 minutes than last season, but his accuracy has dipped.

His accuracy sits at 14 per cent.

He’s in the right place, he’s got the confidence to try and take on a man, he’s consistently trying to whip in delivery after delivery, yet the end product is lacking.
READ: The stats that say Leeds United defender is the hardest to beat in the Championship
By comparison, Costa boasts a crossing accuracy of 58.3 per cent.

The man brought in on loan from Wolves, who will become a permanent Leeds signing next summer, is also successful with half of his attempted dribbles.
Costa is trying to take men on even more relentlessly than Harrison, with greater joy, and then finding a man.

Against Derby, Harrison himself looked as frustrated as anyone as cross after cross was blocked by the first defender.
None of his eight deliveries were accurate, before his exit on the hour.
Yet to his credit, he never stopped trying.

To the credit of Leeds fans, he was afforded a standing ovation for his efforts.

There was, of course, more to his performance than crossing strife.
He was a big part of the high press that caused Derby so much panic in the first half.
Leeds had an abundance of energy down the left, Harrison backed up by Gjanni Alioski and the Rams did not like it one bit, even if they continually sought to pass out from the back and continually gave the ball away.

Of the four occasions when Harrison recovered the ball for Leeds, three of them came in the Derby half of the pitch.
He won two of his three aerial battles.

When he lost the ball, it wasn’t ever in his own half – something Bielsa feels Leeds are better avoiding this season than last.
Costa only gave the ball away once and that was in Leeds’ half.
Harrison also presented a goal threat, firing in four shots, two of which forced Kelle Roos into saves.

Speaking after the game, Bielsa revealed that he had moved Costa to the right wing in order to give Leeds a more solid defensive look in the form of Barry Douglas and Alioski.

Defensively, Harrison has won three quarters of his duels in his 10 appearances. Costa has won a little under two thirds of his.
There is, evidently, a bigger picture that Bielsa has been looking at when deciding to stick with Harrison and use Costa off the bench in the Championship.

There is information we are not privy to.

It could simply be the amount of time he’s had to work with Harrison, who will therefore more instinctively know what the all-controlling Argentine coach wants in any given match situation.

The debate over who should start on the left wing can rumble on until the cows come home and Bielsa will be aware of it, but that won’t cross his mind as he considers who should supply the crosses.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-latest/jack-harrison-and-helder-costa-by-the-numbers-and-what-marcelo-bielsa-might-want-from-his-leeds-united-wingers-1-10014438
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #11 på: September 25, 2019, 12:23:20 »
Graham Smyth
@GrahamSmyth

Leeds United lead the Championship in crosses (175) with an almost even split between right flank and left flank deliveries.

But they have the second worst accuracy in the division.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #12 på: September 25, 2019, 12:28:08 »
Mye leseverdig i dag. :)
Vi måå holde oss uten skadene fra fjorårssesongen, sier Victor.

Victor Orta believes Leeds United are better equipped to deliver promotion 'city deserves' but avoiding repeat of last season's injury problems is key

Director of football Victor Orta, right, has used the loan market extensively this summer

Graham Smyth  Published: 09:52   Wednesday 25 September 2019

Victor Orta says this season's Leeds United squad is stronger than the one that narrowly missed on promotion last season, but avoiding injury trouble will be key to achieving their ambition.

The Whites' director of football has been in Madrid this week for the World Football Summit, discussing Leeds' summer transfer policy and the balancing act between staying within Financial Fair Play boundaries and building a side capable of delivering on the club's Premier League dream.

He is convinced that the business they did in the off season, bringing in loanees like Ben White from Brighton, Eddie Nketiah from Arsenal and Helder Costa, a loan signing from Wolves who will become a permanent addition next summer, has upgraded the squad.

“We need to keep the same goal with financial restrictions. We need to keep the goal of promotion," he said in an interview with offthepitch.com after addressing the summit's delegates in a round table discussion.

“After the summer transfer market we are really happy that I think we improved the squad, keeping the economical restrictions. This is not really easy with the politics of loans but the situation we needed to assume this summer.
"With the rules of financial fair play we cannot afford a permanent transfer, but we are really happy if you can make good loans it can be a good strategy. And in the past a lot of teams have been promoted with a good loan policy.

"[Promotion] is our goal. The city deserves, the fans deserve.”
Another 'need' for Leeds, if they are to finish the 2019/20 campaign celebrating, revolves around the availability of players for Marcelo Bielsa.

Injury problems were costly last season.
Strikers Kemar Roofe and Patrick Bamford both spent time on the sidelines, creative force Pablo Hernandez, experienced defenders Liem Cooper and Luke Ayling and box-to-box midfielder Adam Forshaw all missed several weeks, while Gaetano Berardi was absent for a significant chunk of the season.
“For me one of the keys of this season is about health," said Orta.
"If we don’t have any injuries I think we can fight for promotion.

"Last season we had a lot of injuries and even arrived to the last part of the season with chances.”

Jack Harrison and Helder Costa by the numbers and what Marcelo Bielsa might want from his Leeds United wingers

During his participation in a panel that discussed transfer trends in Europe, Orta said the repetition of what they got right last season was an important part of Leeds' strategy this season, along with warding off bids for important players like Kalvin Phillips.
He also extolled the virtues of using data to the club's advantage and highlighted the role a scouting department plays in building a club.

"The big difference in modern football is information, everyone has it and the important thing is to transform it into useful knowledge for the club," he said.

The sports director of Leeds said that "there should not be a roof in the scouting department" of the clubs, while considering that now "looking for players with 16 years is perhaps too late."

“If a CEO in a club invests in the scouting department they can build a new club, not only for buying or selling, but creating a philosophy, create identification with the fans.

“Investment in a scouting department never has a ceiling. You can change the reality of the club in respect of this situation.”

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-latest/victor-orta-believes-leeds-united-are-better-equipped-to-deliver-promotion-city-deserves-but-avoiding-repeat-of-last-season-s-injury-problems-is-key-1-10015202
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #13 på: September 25, 2019, 16:06:26 »
Dette er smått utrolig 8 runder inn i sesongen:

LUFCDATA
@LUFCDATA

Leeds have trailed for just 4 minutes (additional time) in the Championship this season, the shortest amount of time in the top four tiers of English league football in 2019/20.

#LUFC #MOT

720 minutters ordinær tid og 24-30 minutters tilleggstid - og vi har ligget under i til sammen fire minutter hittil i sesongen :o :o :o
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #14 på: September 25, 2019, 18:52:32 »
Skiftet av frispark-eksekutør har bedret statistikken...
Vi får ...annerledes dødballer med Phillips enn med Pablo...

Stronger ball Kalvin Phillips delivery becoming key to Marcelo Bielsa's Leeds United set pieces plan

Lee Sobot   Published: 15:44    Wednesday 25 September 2019

LEEDS UNITED were not just dominant in open play during Saturday’s one-sided first half against Derby County.  Seventy one per cent of possession and nine shots on goal to Derby’s none.

That dominance, though, even extended to set pieces; seven first-half corners as part of eight in the 90 minutes as a whole, compared to Derby’s three and 20 free-kicks against the Rams’ eight.

One such free-kick led to United’s opening goal. Given 20 opportunities from set pieces even without including a penalty, Leeds had ample opportunity to bag another.

And in a shift from previous thinking, Kalvin Phillips has been taking the lion’s share of set pieces with Marcelo Bielsa wanting a “stronger ball” into the area and seemingly leaving the more “precise” Pablo Hernandez with direct set pieces and attempts on goal.

It was from Phillips’ 20th-minute delivery that United drew first blood against the Rams as Phillips’ cross was flicked back across goal by Patrick Bamford to Stuart Dallas whose fierce shot ended up in the back of the net after ‘keeper Kelle Roos’ save bounced off the helpless Max Lowe.

Job done from the set piece but United rarely threatened with any of their corners.

Yet the Lowe own goal from Phillips’ delivery came just six days after Phillips had again worked the oracle with another stronger ball delivery from a free-kick leading to Eddie Nketiah’s 84th-minute opener in the 2-0 win at Barnsley.

So is Bielsa looking at a different approach and what do the stats say about United’s efficiency at set pieces so far? Excluding penalties, Leeds are mid-table in the goals from set-piece assists department so far this season with two - joint ninth-best. Luton Town and Wigan Athletic lead the way with five goals from set pieces each.

Whilst Phillips’ free-kick led to United’s opener, it was a squandered spot kick in the second half taken by Mateusz Klich that Leeds were left ruing in addition to a host of other missed chances against Derby.
Phillips said afterwards there were no shortage of Whites players keen to take penalties - including potentially himself - but that Klich was normally deadly from 12 yards in training.
But it appears that Phillips has now by and large been entrusted with the delivery of set pieces into the box.

“I think I have always been reasonably good at taking free kicks,” said the midfielder, when quizzed as to why it was himself and not Hernandez now predominantly stood over the ball.

“Pablo from a dead ball is exceptional but I think the manager likes it a bit stronger ball and Pablo has got more of the lofty, precise ball but he likes a stronger ball. I don’t know, it’s up to the manager.”
Even eight games into the new season, the stats are showing that Phillips is making a fine fist of rewarding Bielsa’s decision to place him on set pieces, currently sitting as the fourth best player in the division in terms of assists from set pieces per 90 minutes.

Only Blackburn’s Stuart Downing, Cardiff City’s Josh Murphy and Stoke City’s Tommy Smith have fared better. Aston Villa’s Conor Hourihane was the division’s best last season.

The stats also show that Leeds are already forcing even more corners than last season with 6.67 per 90 minutes as opposed to 6.13 last term.

United are still not making the most of them but Phillips has been the most successful deliverer of them with a 31 per cent success rate of 13 from 42. Barry Douglas is next at three from 11 (27 per cent).
Phillips has created five chances from corners this term with Douglas mustering two and Hernandez one.
Hernandez, though, has been successful with every one of his free-kick’s in finding a man - 14 out of 14 - with Phillips on nine from ten. As an aside, Leeds have not scored with a direct free-kick since Hernandez netted against Burton Albion on Boxing Day 2017.

And last season United were only ranked 17th in the division for shots registered from set pieces with 23.
Excluding two penalties, 17 goals were scored via set pieces last term - with Hernandez and Douglas assisting three apiece - but with Phillips now seemingly in pole position.

For Leeds, and Bielsa, perhaps another potential area in which to harbour more gains, with United’s head coach leaving no stone unturned and turning to Phillips in more ways than one.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-latest/stronger-ball-kalvin-phillips-delivery-becoming-key-to-marcelo-bielsa-s-leeds-united-set-pieces-plan-1-10016601
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #15 på: September 28, 2019, 11:58:55 »
Hah, det her er vanvittig sterkt!

LUFCDATA
@LUFCDATA

Leeds are the only side in the top four tiers of English football yet to concede a league goal before half-time this season. We haven't conceded prior to the 77th minute in Championship matches this season.
 #LUFC
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

auren

« Svar #16 på: September 28, 2019, 12:37:25 »
Hah, det her er vanvittig sterkt!

LUFCDATA
@LUFCDATA

Leeds are the only side in the top four tiers of English football yet to concede a league goal before half-time this season. We haven't conceded prior to the 77th minute in Championship matches this season.
 #LUFC

Da kan du være sikker på at vi slipper inn et mål i første omgang i dag

auren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #17 på: Oktober 02, 2019, 16:09:32 »
Noen interessante sammenligninger med 'etter 10 kamper i fjorårssesongen' her:

'You can't avoid the black holes' Slaven Bilic on how Leeds United bounced back from recent dip
The West Brom boss spoke after his side went down at Elland Road

By Nestor Watach   14:05, 2 OCT 2019

Bilic saw his side's unbeaten record end
Get the biggest weekday Leeds United FC stories by email

Slaven Bilic has given his views on the complexion of the Championship promotion race after West Brom’s top of the table clash with Leeds United .
The Baggies were unbeaten going into the Tuesday night match at Elland Road in the top spot, but were leapfrogged by Marcelo Bielsa ’s Whites following the 1-0 defeat.

After ten games last season, the top of the table began to take shape, with four of the top six remaining there come the end of the season.
Sheffield United and Norwich had bounced back from their poor starts to sit in fourth and fifth respectively, before going up automatically come the end of the season, while West Brom and Leeds fell out of the top two, going on to lose their respective play-off semi-finals.

At that point, eventual play-off winners Aston Villa were down 15th and yet to replace Steve Bruce with Dean Smith.

Bilic was keen to stress the value of performances more than points on the board at this stage of the season.

"It's still early days but you can see some teams are really making a statement with some really good performances,” said the West Brom boss in the post-match press conference.

“It's the matter of who's going to be more consistent and who's going to come out of the little crisis that everyone is going to have, like Leeds have results in the last couple of games, but they bounced back.”
The former Croatia manager has made a good start to life in the dugout at the Hawthorns, with his side the last in the Championship to lose their unbeaten record.

Despite the defeat at Elland Road, he was keen to draw positives from the nature of their performance. They forced Leeds into a backs-to-the-wall display in the second half, and were the first-ever team to record more possession away to Leeds under Bielsa.

Going into the game, United had suffered back-to-back disappointment as they conceded an injury-time goal to drop two points against Derby, before suffering a frustrating 1-0 defeat away to Charlton.
“You can't avoid the black holes, but it's the matter of how quick you bounce back from them,” he added.

“You have to be very strong in the head not to lose focus and lose belief and that's our job to do it with those guys.
“And there's no reason for us to lose it or to start questioning ourselves even if you lose a game, but if you lose it like this, you know you are on the right track.”

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/you-cant-avoid-black-holes-17019016
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

GeirO

« Svar #18 på: Oktober 02, 2019, 22:44:17 »
Luton på 17. plass har scoret mer enn Leeds. Sier litt om hvor ineffektive vi er....
MOT

Milou

« Svar #19 på: Oktober 03, 2019, 08:55:23 »
Luton på 17. plass har scoret mer enn Leeds. Sier litt om hvor ineffektive vi er....
Eller om kor dårleg forsvar Luton har ...

Sent from my LYA-AL10 using Tapatalk

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #20 på: Oktober 03, 2019, 10:45:35 »
Patrick Bamford om sesongen så langt.

Wolf of worry never far from Leeds United's door but Patrick Bamford says togetherness can help Whites

Patrick Bamford is acutely aware of the undercurrent of fear that runs through Leeds.
Things have gone wrong, so often, in the years since the Whites exited the Premier League, that the wolf of worry is never far from the door.

Even when the going is good, like this season, it takes just a couple of disappointing results to convert mild frustration into full-blown concern.

A 1-1 draw at home to Derby, thanks to an ill-deserved stoppage time Rams goal, was followed by a 1-0 defeat at Charlton Athletic.

It certainly wasn’t panic stations, Leeds’ performances and all the statistics have been too good to suggest anything other than another serious promotion bid.

Whites fans want to go up, they believe they should go up, but they still always fear that they won’t.
Striker Bamford carries the responsibility of leading the line for Marcelo Bielsa’s Leeds, in a lone striker role.
He and his team-mates can’t carry any extra weight into games.

“I think there was probably a bit of pressure in the atmosphere probably around the city and amongst the fans,” he said after Tuesday’s 1-0 win over West Brom at Elland Road.
Holding up under the pressure, amid the tension, helped Leeds claim a significant result and replace their visitors at the top of the table.

“It is always like they fear the worst when we are supposed to be challenging up there and then we have two dodgy results,” Bamford continued.
“And as players we try to not let that effect us because we know that we just need a little bit of luck to drop our way and there’s certain things that we can eradicate.

“At 1-0 you could feel the tension around the ground, especially when they came into the game more and more in the second half.

“I think that was almost testament to them because they are such a good team and the fact that we managed to shut them out and take the three points, it was a big win.”

Leading the Championship after 10 games, with more wins than any other side, with fewer goals conceded than anyone else, Leeds’ start to the 2019/20 campaign can hardly be described in anything other than positive terms.

It could have been so much better, had they not dropped points in games they had firmly under their control.
Nottingham Forest and Derby stole a point apiece at Elland Road, Swansea City somehow nicked all three.

The difficulties they encountered last season in putting teams away are a thread that has run through the early fixtures.
The adversity the 2019/20 squad has gone through, the downs that have punctured the ups, hasn’t remotely resembled a ‘bad spell’ but the dressing room atmosphere assures Bamford that if and when rough times do come, Leeds United can overcome.
And the new boys have added to that, his main rival for a starting place included.

“There is probably a bit of worry about the fact that last year, we did not quite make it over the line with that shadow hanging over our heads,” he said.
“There have been a few changes and we have brought in a few new faces in [Helder] Costa and Eddie [Nketiah].

“You have seen when Eddie has come on that he has made some important contributions. Costa does not look out of place and Ben White looks like he has played for Leeds for his whole life in every game.
“Everyone has F***ed in the team and it is a great group of lads.

“When the atmosphere is good around the dressing room among the lads, that is the most important thing.
“The togetherness is what takes you through the bad spells and brings you out on the other side – I think we have got that.”
Sticking together is key, but so is staying grounded in reality.

Promotion to the Premier League is a mountain Bamford has tried and failed to scale once before with Leeds United.
They’ve reached base camp, the 10-game marker, in first place.
To get to the summit, they have to focus not on the ultimate goal or the fear of not making it, but simply on where they’ll next place their foot.

“It is a grind and there will be ups and downs,” said Bamford.

“It is very early on.
“We have got to play West Brom again later in the season at their own place and there are going to be obstacles to get over.
“It is taking it step by step.”

YEP
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #21 på: Oktober 04, 2019, 13:57:44 »
Om alle hadde omsatt omtrent like mange mål pr sjanse  hadde tabellen sett omtrent slik ut (om det defensive var uten betydning...)

Championship Stats
@Champstat

Chances created after 10 games

Leeds 136
WBA 117
Fulham 113
Brentford 109
Reading 107
QPR 103
Boro 101
B'burn 101
Hull 97
Swansea 97
Sheffield W 96
Cardiff 95
Barnsley 95
Stoke 95
Forest 89
Bristol C 83
Luton 81
Millwall 79
Derby 78
Wigan 74
Hudds 74
B'ham 70
Charlton 68
PNE 57
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

auren

« Svar #22 på: Oktober 04, 2019, 14:03:17 »
Om alle hadde omsatt omtrent like mange mål pr sjanse  hadde tabellen sett omtrent slik ut (om det defensive var uten betydning...)

Championship Stats
@Champstat

Leeds 136
WBA 117
Fulham 113
Brentford 109
Reading 107
QPR 103
Boro 101
B'burn 101
Hull 97
Swansea 97
Sheffield W 96
Cardiff 95
Barnsley 95
Stoke 95
Forest 89
Bristol C 83
Luton 81
Millwall 79
Derby 78
Wigan 74
Hudds 74
B'ham 70
Charlton 68
PNE 57

Det interessante er at de tre favorittene Leeds,WBA og Fulham topper lista. En av årets overraskelser, Preston på 6. plass, har skapt færrest sjanser av alle lagene i ligaen (57). Imidlertid er de det laget som har scoret mest (18 sammen med Fulham) så langt. De scorer på 32 % av sjansene sine, mens Leeds scorer på 10 %. I snitt har altså Leeds skapt 13,6 sjanser pr. kamp. Mange sjanser som absolutt ikke er sjanser i min bok. Vi skaper mange nestenmuligheter og halvsjanser, men store sjanser skapes kun en håndfull ganger i hver kamp.

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Blank_File

« Svar #23 på: Oktober 04, 2019, 19:43:17 »

Championship Stats
@Champstat

Leeds 136
WBA 117
Fulham 113
Brentford 109
Reading 107
QPR 103
Boro 101
B'burn 101
Hull 97
Swansea 97
Sheffield W 96
Cardiff 95
Barnsley 95
Stoke 95
Forest 89
Bristol C 83
Luton 81
Millwall 79
Derby 78
Wigan 74
Hudds 74
B'ham 70
Charlton 68
PNE 57

Det interessante er at de tre favorittene Leeds,WBA og Fulham topper lista. En av årets overraskelser, Preston på 6. plass, har skapt færrest sjanser av alle lagene i ligaen (57). Imidlertid er de det laget som har scoret mest (18 sammen med Fulham) så langt. De scorer på 32 % av sjansene sine, mens Leeds scorer på 10 %. I snitt har altså Leeds skapt 13,6 sjanser pr. kamp. Mange sjanser som absolutt ikke er sjanser i min bok. Vi skaper mange nestenmuligheter og halvsjanser, men store sjanser skapes kun en håndfull ganger i hver kamp.

auren
Føler det jo ofte sånn selv, men dette
 er jo et objektivt system så det telles i så fall likt for alle.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #24 på: Oktober 10, 2019, 11:03:11 »
Leeds-Live sammenligner årets statistikker med forrige sesongs:

Have Leeds United evolved under Marcelo Bielsa in year two?

How do Leeds compare to last season beneath the surface?

By Josh Williams  21:00, 9 OCT 2019

How has Bielsa's side changed?

Marcelo Bielsa made quite the impact in England last year, having arrived at Leeds United almost as a mythical figure amongst football fans.

The Argentine took charge at Elland Road and quickly transformed the fortunes of the first-team squad and the club as a whole.

Promotion wasn't secured despite Leeds being in the top two positions for the large majority of the campaign, but the team did show up as arguably the best in the division statistically.
This season, Leeds are again positioned near the top of the table but their start to the season has been less flawless in terms of results. Bielsa's side have played eleven matches and lost three, and are currently placed in 5th.

The question then, is whether Leeds have evolved under Bielsa in year two, and if they have, then how?

Football is very much a results-orientated industry, but often, spectators fail to consider the factors that have an impact on results. Arguably the most prominent, is performance. More often than not, if a team gets the performance right, the result will follow.

Luck and fortune will always play a part in football, but ultimately, performance is a crucial and accurate gauge of a team's level.

In Bielsa's debut year at the helm, Leeds become the masters of performance beneath the Premier League in many areas.

First of all, let's focus on attack.
Expected Goals (xG) is a very commonly used performance indicator. The metric offers an insight into the likelihood of a shot being scored by considering aspects such as difficulty and location, and it tends to provide an accurate summary of whether a team deserved fewer or more goals based on their chances.
Last season, only Villa posted a better xG total than Leeds with 81.2 goals compared to 79.7. The team's xG per shot, though, which offers an insight into how clear-cut a team's chances tend to be on average, placed Leeds as only the 19th-best.

Bielsa's team commanded possession more so than any other, with their average share of 62.9% bettering second-placed Brentford by 4.2%. Moreover, they also shot more than any other side, with their total of 767 dwarfing Villa in second with 671 shots taken.

Have any of those numbers changed this season?
In terms of xG, Leeds are now top rather than being positioned behind Villa as was the case last season. Bielsa's side have an xG of 23.2 so far, which is considerably more than second-placed Fulham on 17.3 xG.
Also, Leeds' xG per shot appears notable better this season. Last year, the metric placed them 19th, but they are second this season behind only Preston North End who's numbers have benefited significantly from penalties. This means that this season, Leeds are creating clear-cut chances more consistently.
Leeds United's xG per shot ranking

2018/19        2019/20
 19th             2nd

Correct as of 09/10/2019
The team are averaging around the same amount of possession with 63% this time around, and they are still shooting more frequently than any other team, with 176 so far compared to second-placed Fulham's 162.

So in attack, Leeds are still shooting frequently, they are still dominating the ball as much, but they have improved regarding how clear-cut their shots tend to be.

What about the defensive side of the game?
Expected Goals Against (xGA) applies the same logic of xG but in a defensive sense, with only Sheffield United posting a lower xGA figure last season than Leeds, meaning that they had a pretty solid defence.

Bielsa's team also faced fewer shots throughout the course of the last campaign than any other team.

In terms of pressing, Passes Per Defensive Action (PPDA) offers an insight into how frequently a team presses, by measuring how many opposing passes are allowed before a defensive action is made to regain the ball. The lower the figure, the fewer passes a team allow before pressing.
Leeds posted the most aggressive PPDA figure in the division last season with 6.3.

Have any of those changed this season?
The answer again is mostly no, as Leeds are currently second for xGA behind only Brentford, as well as facing the fewest shots in the division so far. The team's pressing is also largely the same, with the PPDA this season being 7.01 which is slightly less aggressive than last season but is still enough to suggest a high press is present.

Leeds United's Passes Per Defensive Action (PPDA)

2018/19   2019/20
6.3           7.01
 Correct as of 09/10/2019

Ultimately, based on the numbers at least, Leeds are still very much the same side. The only real difference is that this season, their average shot seems to be significantly more clear-cut compared to last year.
If Bielsa can ensure that his team continue to post these performance figures, it's highly likely that they will attain promotion in May.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-marcelo-bielsa-championship-17058786?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Cherry

« Svar #25 på: Oktober 15, 2019, 08:43:42 »
For oss som vurderer en tur over- mellom  11/12- og 11/1-2020.
Disse skal bekreftes ift dato/tid innen 1.November:

In all, this set of matches could be blitzed by the cameras.

10/12/2019 19:45 Leeds United v Hull City

14/12/2019 15:00 Leeds United v Cardiff City

21/12/2019 15:00 Fulham v Leeds United

26/12/2019 15:00 Leeds United v Preston North End

29/12/2019 15:00 Birmingham City v Leeds United

01/01/2020 15:00 West Bromwich Albion v Leeds United

11/01/2020 15:00 Leeds United v Sheffield Wednesday

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #26 på: Oktober 20, 2019, 11:01:11 »
Vi var på femteplass foran helgens runde.

Vi gjorde jobben (tre poeng), men det var igjen tight og usikkert til siste slutt.
I første omgang hadde vi ballen 70-30 og skapte et par/tre store sjanser. Byttet på topp gjorde oss dårligere i angrepsspillet (det kan være flere årsaker til akkurat dette, jada…) men vi satte den ene sjansen vi trengte å sette, og vi holdt nullen (selv om det holdt hardt).

Trøsten er at de andre lagene ikke er bedre.

Fire lag var foran oss før runden. To av disse vant ikke. Swansea uavgjort borte mot Barnsley (takk målscorer Mowatt :) ) og Preston tap borte mot Reading (begge disse relative bunnlag). WBA fikk en knapp 1-0 seier borte mot Middlesbrough. Men klarte ikke å score før det 82. minutt.
Nottingham kan gå forbi oss igjen med sier i dagens kamp borte mot lavtplasserte Wigan.

De andre lagene er ikke bedre enn oss. :)

Klarer vi å bedre effektiviteten tror jeg vi vil walk the division. Hvis ikke blir det jevnt.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Kato

Cherry

« Svar #28 på: Oktober 21, 2019, 15:30:27 »
Vi var på femteplass foran helgens runde.

Vi gjorde jobben (tre poeng), men det var igjen tight og usikkert til siste slutt.
I første omgang hadde vi ballen 70-30 og skapte et par/tre store sjanser. Byttet på topp gjorde oss dårligere i angrepsspillet (det kan være flere årsaker til akkurat dette, jada…) men vi satte den ene sjansen vi trengte å sette, og vi holdt nullen (selv om det holdt hardt).

Trøsten er at de andre lagene ikke er bedre.

Fire lag var foran oss før runden. To av disse vant ikke. Swansea uavgjort borte mot Barnsley (takk målscorer Mowatt :) ) og Preston tap borte mot Reading (begge disse relative bunnlag). WBA fikk en knapp 1-0 seier borte mot Middlesbrough. Men klarte ikke å score før det 82. minutt.
Nottingham kan gå forbi oss igjen med sier i dagens kamp borte mot lavtplasserte Wigan.

De andre lagene er ikke bedre enn oss. :)

Klarer vi å bedre effektiviteten tror jeg vi vil walk the division. Hvis ikke blir det jevnt.

….og Wigan vant jo  ;)

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #29 på: Oktober 21, 2019, 15:54:00 »

….og Wigan vant jo  ;)

In deed :)

Tre av de fire lagene over oss før runden klarte ikke å vinne. Vips passerte vi alle sammen...

:)
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan