Skrevet av Emne: Managernes vurderinger etter å ha møtt Leeds - Sesongen 2019/20  (Lest 5290 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Kato

Bristol City - Leeds 1-3

Lee Johnson:

"Sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say they were better than us, in their brain, the way they moved.
"I thought we were honest, the group of lads kept working right to the end.
"A gulf in quality on the day. That's just me being honest."
"If you're asking me what we need to get near to that level of quality, obviously Leeds might not have the depth they had last year but they have some good players and they showed us up at times.
"Tough game today but I would have hoped we would have showed a little more than we did during the game.
"You see we were much better physically today than we were against Crystal Palace [in a recent friendly], we just weren't technically as good as the opposition.

“We were honest, we worked our socks off, but inevitably they had more quality than us. We didn’t cope with their relentless pressing. We need a bit more quality, which hopefully we’ll get in the next few days. It’s a good standard for the lads to feel, because if (Leeds) keep that XI fit, they are top, top for the Championship. They were better than us and we have to be honest about that.”

« Siste redigering: August 04, 2019, 22:19:17 av Kato »

Kato

Sv: Managernes vurderinger etter å ha møtt Leeds - Sesongen 2019/20
« Svar #1 på: August 11, 2019, 20:55:39 »
Leeds - Nottingham Forest 1-1

Sabri Lamouchi:

"To play probably the best team in the league wasn't easy, so I'd like to praise my players.

"Leeds have a lot of quality but they missed some of the passes to finish and to open the goal. Of course if they score quickly, especially here, then it would have been very difficult for us.

“The positive thing is not a lot of teams will take a point against this strong team (Leeds).

“I don’t know if they will definitely be the best team in the league. It is just my opinion, because they have had the same manager for a year and the players are more or less the same from a year ago. It is totally different for Nottingham Forest.”

Kato

« Svar #2 på: August 17, 2019, 19:35:20 »
Wigan - Leeds 0-2

Paul Cook:

"To play against Leeds with 10 men is very, very tough, because they're obviously going to have a very strong season.

"It's always going to be a tough game against Leeds. The sending off was a second yellow card but are we aggrieved with Kalvin Phillips getting away with something similar - yes. All we are asking for is consistency."

Tough game. Strong team. Ask questions of you.

Kato

« Svar #3 på: August 22, 2019, 12:25:47 »
Leeds - Brentford 1-0

Thomas Frank:

"Under Bielsa it's very tough here. Their press is intense and a different way of doing it. Man marking which is not usual.

"Prepare to play a team who do things very differently to the rest of the league."

Kato

« Svar #4 på: August 24, 2019, 18:59:18 »
Stoke - Leeds 0-3

Nathan Jones:

Their mentality is different and it comes from winning games.

Leeds were very good today but we have to be better.

Leeds carve teams open. I came from a side at the level below who were doing the same as Leeds do.

Second half I felt they over run us, they were a better side, much much better. We have to be far more steely.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #5 på: August 28, 2019, 23:07:27 »
Carabao Cup
Leeds-Stoke 2-2 (4-5 str.konk)

Nathan Jones igjen:
He was very complimentary about Leeds, perhaps with the air of somebody who is so fed up managing his own useless team that he'd rather talk about a good one instead.

"If I didn't really love my house, I'd put it on them going up in the top two. They're a very difficult team to play against, they're very structured, they know what they do. They're as good a side as there is. They were unfortunate not to go up last year but I'm quite sure they'll go up.

"The good thing about them is they're a real humble group. I'm good friends with Luke Ayling, I've studied how they play, they're a hard working group, there's no real stars in this side. Look, you're talking Kalvin Phillips, at £25m the boy is a hard worker, he's a top professional and I know from people I know here, he's a humble kid as well."

He ends with possibly the most optimistic statement of the week:
"I'd like to go up but if I do, they'd be nice to go up too."
(i MOscowhites sitat)
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

RoarG

« Svar #6 på: August 28, 2019, 23:57:59 »
Carabao Cup
Leeds-Stoke 2-2 (4-5 str.konk)

Nathan Jones igjen:
He was very complimentary about Leeds, perhaps with the air of somebody who is so fed up managing his own useless team that he'd rather talk about a good one instead.

"If I didn't really love my house, I'd put it on them going up in the top two. They're a very difficult team to play against, they're very structured, they know what they do. They're as good a side as there is. They were unfortunate not to go up last year but I'm quite sure they'll go up.

"The good thing about them is they're a real humble group. I'm good friends with Luke Ayling, I've studied how they play, they're a hard working group, there's no real stars in this side. Look, you're talking Kalvin Phillips, at £25m the boy is a hard worker, he's a top professional and I know from people I know here, he's a humble kid as well."

He ends with possibly the most optimistic statement of the week:
"I'd like to go up but if I do, they'd be nice to go up too."
(i MOscowhites sitat)
Svært så vennlig, da. Driver denne Jones og legger inn en jobbsøknad, den dagen Bielsa slutter?
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Kato

« Svar #7 på: September 16, 2019, 09:18:22 »
Barnsley - Leeds 0-2

Daniel Stendel:

"When you create so many chances against Leeds, a really good game, it's not easy, you need to take your chances in the right moment to score. It's not happened today.

"In the second half while the pressure from Leeds is high, after 50 minutes we have two or three big chances to go in front."

"Ten minutes, we missed 10 minutes to take one point," he said.

"I think you can see why Leeds have ambitions to get promotion this year.

"I think in the end it was the better team, but for our effort we deserved one point today.

"The worst thing I thought in this moment when we conceded this free-kick. They had chances before to score. We needed to change something to get a little bit more pressure. In the end it was the free-kick and the penalty that decided the game. If we don't score, we can't win."

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #8 på: Oktober 02, 2019, 16:16:28 »
Ojojojj, Kato. Her mangler vi vel et par kamper :o

Slaven hyller både laget og Stadion-publikummet. :)

Leeds-WBA

Slaven Bilic fawns over Leeds United's 'aggressive' Elland Road support
The West Brom boss was talking after his side suffered their first defeat of the season

West Bromwich Albion boss Slaven Bilic hailed the influence of the Elland Road fan base, as he admitted the fans played their part in his side's first Championship defeat of the season.
….
That meant Leeds replaced the Baggies at the Championship summit, with former Croatia boss Bilic saluting the Elland Road atmosphere following the entertaining 1-0 defeat for his side.

"They are a good crowd, they are a very aggressive crowd," he said. "I would say one of the most aggressive I've played. They put pressure on the referee.

Bilic praised the Leeds fans
"It's Leeds, you know. This is Elland Road. It's very well known for that, so it's not easy to not come under that influence. It affects you a bit, Sometimes it's the last ten minutes, sometimes it lasts until half-time."
Alioski's deflected 38th minute strike proved to be the difference between the two sides, with Leeds putting in a sterling defensive effort in the second half, with Marcelo Bielsa's side having only 48 per cent of possession during the sold out fixture.

Bilic continued that he saw the defeat against a fellow promotion contender as a missed opportunity.
"Make no mistake, we knew where we were coming and against who we were playing tonight, but also we are in good form and we looked at this as a good opportunity for us also," he continued.

"In the first half they were more agressive. We knew that. They were missing a bit of flare with Hernandez, but they go, they go, they go, they go, they have a good transition and they scored a goal.

"[They were] a bit unlucky with the deflection but they took it well, with the left foot," he continued.

"In the second half to be fair I didn't see Leeds for a long time. To be on their back foot and defend like basically for the whole second half, although they created a few chances from counter attacks as they always will and our goalkeeper was really good. But we definitely deserved to score one goal and then what would happen, I don't know."

www.leeds-live.co.uk
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #9 på: Oktober 03, 2019, 10:39:37 »
Mht managernes vurderinger - syns denne fra Pulis (mht fjoråret) er verdt å ta med - han uttalte det før Sky-kampen på tirsdag.

Tony Pulis reveals his secret to thwarting Leeds United

Tony Pulis has opened up on how he stopped Leeds United last season with Middlesbrough

Former Middlesbrough manager Tony Pulis has explained in detail how he gave Leeds United the ultimate respect last season by changing his philosophy.

Pulis was speaking ahead of Leeds' 1-0 win over West Brom on Tuesday which retained the Whites' lead at the top of the Championship when he was asked to delve into his gameplan for facing Marcelo Bielsa last season.

Boro drew 1-1 at home to Leeds in February but also held Bielsa's men without a goal in the fixture at Elland Road last August. Not only that, Pulis' side held the Whites to their lowest shot total at home during the 2018/19 campaign.
Pulis told Sky Sports about how he tried to reduce Leeds' and particularly Jack Harrison's threat from wide areas after they switch the play from the other side of the field.

"I never change very much for what I do against teams but we changed against them (Leeds). What I didn't want to do, and they do it brilliant they push their two full-backs right up high, if you play four in midfield they actually push your wide players back.
"So we actually went to a swiveling five. The centre forward stayed up there and we played two central midfielders in there and a holding midfielder.

"There would be (Pablo) Hernandez on the right-hand side coming in and then you'd get (Stuart) Dallas going around the outside. (Jamie) Shackleton today would be in that pocket and last season it was (Kemar) Roofe who would come forward.
"It leaves you either outnumbered where they play through you there (left-hand side) or it leaves that big space. We played with George Friend on the left-hand side and Dael Fry on the left-hand side and they swivelled that side.

"What we did which was very important is we made sure then that we still had bodies on the opposite side of the pitch. What they do really well is they get the ball out and switch it. (Jack) Harrison gets it  and in one-on-ones they are very good and they fill the box. They get a lot of chances from overloading one side and then switching the ball."

leeds-live.co.uk

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #10 på: Oktober 23, 2019, 18:46:14 »
'arry er ikke en konkurrenrende manager i år, men...

Harry Redknapp thinks Marcelo Bielsa is a 'strange one' as he discusses Leeds United's promotion hopes

The former Tottenham manager was in Leeds for special event with fans

Harry Redknapp has called Leeds United manager Marcelo Bielsa ‘a strange one’ as he discussed the club’s battle to return to the Premier League.
The 72-year-old was in the city on Monday, October 21 for An Evening With Harry Redknapp at Leeds Town Hall.

During the night, the popular manager told various anecdotes from his football career and he opened proceedings by talking about Leeds United’s fortunes as they pursue promotion to the Premier League.
Redknapp, who won the FA Cup with Portsmouth, admitted to being a bit bemused by Leeds United’s manager Marcelo Bielsa.

He said: “I’m not sure what will happen they seem to have a couple of good wins and then a bad result.
“The manager is a strange one I can’t quite work him out. He’s supposed to be a genius and he probably is, his record is good, I’m not sure what will happen but I think they will get up - it is an open division.”

Redknapp said he was surprised not to see the Whites go up last season with them falling short in the playoffs against Derby County - then managed by his nephew Frank Lampard.

He continued: “I thought they’d get up last year. I went to watch the game in the semi final of the playoffs at Derby and they murdered Derby. I found it amazing Derby turned the second leg around.”

The Leeds crowd seemed to enjoy their night with Redknapp, who also discussed winning I’m A Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here, with the star poking a little bit of fun at himself.
He joked: “Leeds is a hard place to come, I always used to get a good beating."

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-harry-redknapp-bielsa-17124999
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Kato

« Svar #11 på: November 03, 2019, 09:42:48 »
Leeds - QPR 2-0

Mark Warburton:

“It’s a tough place to come and Leeds are a very talented team…

“But in the final third they were a little bit more ruthless and we just lacked that bit of quality to get something…

“…We’re disappointed. We were very much the underdogs against a strong Leeds side but we needed to impose ourselves more.”

#14 - Title chat: Have Celtic just thrown Rangers the title a

Kato

« Svar #12 på: November 10, 2019, 18:45:00 »
Leeds - Blackburn 2-1

Tony Mowbray:

“I genuinely thought that with 20 minutes to go that we’d get a point. Whilst they’re a good team, you felt the momentum turn a little bit despite us playing a lot of the game out of possession of the ball. I felt that a goal was coming, whether that would come from a set play or through something dropping our way after going a little bit more direct to Danny [Graham].

“Let’s be honest, we didn’t really create too many clear cut chances and weren’t peppering their goal in the final 20 minutes, but I felt a nervousness with their crowd. We have to find that bit of quality in the tight games that make the difference in the final third. We have players who can do that, but today it didn’t quite happen for us around their box. We’re finding a way to lose games at the moment. We’re in every game and we’re very close.”

“They got a leg up today by a very poor decision for the penalty in a game that had a really high intensity. The penalty was out of context of the game really. Luke Ayling’s even told one of our players that he was embarrassed by the penalty decision, but there you go. What can you do?

“It’s hard to take when you don’t get anything, but it’s another defeat, it’s frustrating, but we have to get on with things.”

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #13 på: November 11, 2019, 10:02:11 »
Leeds - Blackburn 2-1

Tony Mowbray:

“I genuinely thought that with 20 minutes to go that we’d get a point. Whilst they’re a good team, you felt the momentum turn a little bit despite us playing a lot of the game out of possession of the ball. I felt that a goal was coming, whether that would come from a set play or through something dropping our way after going a little bit more direct to Danny [Graham].

“Let’s be honest, we didn’t really create too many clear cut chances and weren’t peppering their goal in the final 20 minutes, but I felt a nervousness with their crowd. We have to find that bit of quality in the tight games that make the difference in the final third. We have players who can do that, but today it didn’t quite happen for us around their box. We’re finding a way to lose games at the moment. We’re in every game and we’re very close.”

“They got a leg up today by a very poor decision for the penalty in a game that had a really high intensity. The penalty was out of context of the game really. Luke Ayling’s even told one of our players that he was embarrassed by the penalty decision, but there you go. What can you do?

“It’s hard to take when you don’t get anything, but it’s another defeat, it’s frustrating, but we have to get on with things.”

YEP snakket tydeligvis med Mowbray etter pressern

Blackburn Rovers boss Mowbray, who watched his side lose 2-1 to Bielsa's Leeds United on Saturday, is a big admirer of what the Argentine has done at Elland Road since his summer 2018 arrival.

The way the Whites switch play and relentlessly probe to find space in which they manoeuvre to hurt teams is down to the influence of a man Mowbray regards as a 'top Coach.

Their second goal came when Kalvin Phillips sent a long diagonal ball into the area for Patrick Bamford to take down and find Jack Harrison, the winger moving quickly into space to receive before shooting home off the post.

“He is showing them a way to play and giving them confidence, I’m sure," said the former West Brom and Celtic manager.
“I don’t stand here and think: ‘Wow, they’re too good for the league’ because as they proved last year they probably had better players than they’ve got now and they couldn’t get out of the league.

“And so he’s undoubtedly a top coach. A coach generally gives a team an identity and that is what he’s given Leeds. That identity is forward passing, forward running, exposing spaces, having five across the front and stretching our back four and creating spaces between our full backs and out central defenders.

“Your back four stretches out too much and it all comes across, they switch the play, they put it in behind us. They understand the spaces on the pitch. And the coach makes them understand that. And they have players who are brave to receive the ball and play in those spaces."
Almost every manager who takes a team into battle with United sings their praises after the game.
It has become a running theme for opposition bosses to dub the Whites the finest in the division, a side you simply do not go toe-to-toe with at Elland Road, a team who should be 'up there' come May.

Mowbray is not the first to bestow the title of 'top coach' on Bielsa, but few have spoken in such glowing terms about the man behind the philosophy.

When words like 'cheat' were being cast in the direction of the Leeds boss last season after Spygate, Mowbray wasn't buying it.
He believes Bielsa's presence in English football is a positive for the game on these shores.

“I like his personality to be honest. He doesn’t speak much English to be honest so it’s difficult to converse with him, but I did speak with him on the phone a couple of months ago about something and I liked him, liked his personality.
“He seems to me, despite the ‘Spygate’ thing, he seems a pretty humble, honest, hard-working guy.
“I think what he’s done in the countries he’s been in that it was just normal. He wasn’t ‘cheating’, he was just doing what was done.
“I’m only saying that through talking to him. I don’t see a sneaky, clever guy who thinks he’s better than everyone else. I see a really humble, nice guy.

“Someone who is good for the game, someone who is good for English football.”
Mowbray is in no doubt that Bielsa's Leeds, currently sitting third in the Championship, two points behind leaders West Brom, can go on to achieve their dream of a Premier League return.

While some of his peers might have secretly preferred to see Bielsa's stint in the English second tier come to an end last summer and celebrated his departure with a sigh of relief, the Rovers head coach was pleased when Leeds confirmed the retention of the 64-year-old's services and is curious, if not keen, to see how Bielsaball would impact the top flight.
“I think it would be really, really interesting to see how Leeds would get on in the Premier League if they can get there.

“And undoubtedly they can and they could have done last year of course. But as we are seeing we’ve got Sheffield United doing really well in the Premier League and we’ve got probably the best football team in the Championship last year in Norwich who are really struggling. So there’s no guarantee of success when you get there.

“I just think if Bielsa gets to the Premier League and if they spend some money would he create a team that can give lots of Premier League teams lots of problems with his positional play?
“And it would be fascinating to see that.

“We all thought he would do it last year but he didn’t. He fell short. But I’m personally pleased he’s stayed in England because there was a lot of talk that he’d have one season and have a go at it and move on. Great credit to him for staying and having another go."

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan