Skrevet av Emne: Developement Squad, dvs Reservelaget....eller U-21  (Lest 643018 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 5 gjester leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Sv: Developement Squad, dvs Reservelaget....eller U-23
« Svar #1260 på: August 25, 2017, 17:00:40 »
Coventry City

GOAL: Leeds equalise through Temenuzkov. A ball over the top sees the striker clear , and he slots past Addai. 1-1, 22 minutes gone #PUSB

HALF TIME: The #SkyBlues Under 23s are 2-1 ahead against @LUFC at the break #PUSB

GOAL: 53 minutes gone and Leeds equalise. A corner isn't cleared, and Shackleton passes the ball into the net from 12 yards out. 2-2 #PUSB

GOAL: 3-3. Right back Hosannah breaks forward into the box for Leeds and finishes past Addai. Twenty minutes to go! #PUSB

FULL TIME: The #SkyBlues Under 23s win 4-3 over Leeds thanks to a last minute winner by Jordan Ponticelli! What a game! #PUSB

Det var vel Romario og ikke Ronaldo utpå der!!!
« Siste redigering: August 25, 2017, 17:10:32 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1261 på: August 26, 2017, 08:23:53 »
U23 REPORT: Coventry City 4-3 Leeds United - Ponticelli hits late winner as Under-23s maintain winning start

Kwame Thomas was also on target for his third goal in as many starts for the Under-23s

On a sunny afternoon at the Alan Higgs Centre and watched by a good crowd of Sky Blues fans, Jason Farndon oversaw the Under 23s as they beat Leeds United 4-3.

City started the game on the front-foot, and were camped in the Leeds half during the early stages of proceedings.

Both full-backs for the Sky Blues were getting forward well and it was the advances of Jak Hickman which saw the first goal of the game after 11 minutes, with his cross from the right diverted into his own net by Leeds centre-half Paudie O'Connor.

City continued their early dominance, with left back Chris Camwell putting in a tempting cross which was headed just wide by Kwame Thomas.

At the other end, Sky Blues keeper Corey Addai had to be alert to Eoghan Stokes' 25 yard free-kick for Leeds, smartly tipping the ball over the bar.

Leeds were coming more into the contest, and got their reward 22 minutes in when Kun Temenuzhkov beat the offside trap to level the scores.

This pushed City up another gear, and they could have taken the lead again after 33 minutes. Good link up play from Thomas found Camwell as the spare man on the left hand side, but his rising effort was pushed over by Whites keeper Will Huffer.

City would however take the lead into half-time. A quick free-kick on the left saw Callum Maycock float a cross into the box, and Kwame Thomas leapt highest to put the Sky Blues 2-1 ahead.

On 53 minutes Leeds again brought proceedings level, Jamie Shackleton slotting home from 12 yards out after City failed to clear.

However another own goal shortly later saw City's advantage restored. Darragh Leahy, a half-time replacement for Chris Camwell, put in a dangerous cross along the six yard box. Under pressure from Thomas, Leeds defender Owens headed past his own keeper.

In an exciting and end-to-end game, there was always going to be more goals and it was again the turn of Leeds. A break into the penalty area by Leeds right back Bryce Hosannah rewarded with the sixth goal of the game to bring the scores level again.

With both teams pressing for a winner, Jordan Ponticelli was only denied by heroic defending from Leeds. The City forward broke through and rounded the on rushing keeper, only to see his effort cleared off the line by the back-tracking defender.

Fellow forward Kwame Thomas picked up an injury with around ten minutes to play after a collision with Huffer, leaving the Sky Blues to complete the match with 10 men.

Just when it appeared neither team would break the deadlock, despite half-chances at either end, Jordan Ponticelli sealed the three points for the Under 23s.

Entering the last minute of stoppage time, Ponticelli ran onto a long ball behind the Leeds defence. Reaching it just inside the right side of the penalty area, he hit a controlled shot into the bottom left corner of the net to spark wild celebrations and secure all three points for the Sky Blues.

Yellow Card: Thompson.

Teams:

Coventry City U23: Addai (GK), Hickman, Ford, Thompson, Camwell (Leahy 45'), Maycock (C), Bayliss, Shipley (Sayoud 65'), Dev. Kelly-Evans (Finn 58'), Ponticelli, Thomas.

Coventry City Subs: Naylor (GK).

Leeds United U23 XI: Huffer (GK), Hosannah, Owens, Rey, O'Connor, Kitching, Sidiki, Shackleton, Temenuzhkov, Stokes, Gomes.

Leeds United U23 Subs: Male (GK), Viera, Machuca, Pearce, Mckay.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1262 på: August 27, 2017, 00:49:36 »
Kamp i dag:

GOAL the excellent Kun gets his hat-trick @OssettTownAFC 1-4 @lufc

Kun was mint, but I think he went off at HT. Pretty sure that was Jack McKay

Leeds U23 win 4-1 at Ossett Town... some cracking prospects coming through #lufc

Lufcyouth
#lufc u23s beat Ossett Town 4-1 tonight with the goals coming from Jack McKay,Kun Temenuzhkov(2) and an own goal

Hoskun Temenuzhkov

Gran debut en un partido amistoso alegría de ver los frutos del esfuerzo!

2 goles y 1 asistencia.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1263 på: August 28, 2017, 22:09:54 »
Alfie McCalmont

Buzzing to be called up to the @NorthernIreland u19's squad, looking forward to the game Sunday!

:)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #1264 på: September 01, 2017, 16:50:50 »
Også U-23 laget har profitert stort på sommerens overgangsvindu.
https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/22269/u23s-boosted-by-summer-signings
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1266 på: September 01, 2017, 17:50:54 »
Også U-23 laget har profitert stort på sommerens overgangsvindu.
https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/22269/u23s-boosted-by-summer-signings

Enda en ny spiller:

Welcome to 20 year old striker Oliver Šarkić who has joined #lufc u23s

Wikipedia

Oliver Šarkić (born 23 July 1997) is a Montenegrin professional footballer who plays as a forward for Portuguese club Fafe, on loan from Benfica.[1]

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1267 på: September 01, 2017, 17:56:11 »
Hat @ellandread

youth signings so far:

ESP Adrian Balboa 19 FW
ESP Hugo Diaz 20 CB
ESP Madger Gomes 20 MF
ENG Bryce Hosannah 18 RB
ESP Alex Machuca 19 MF

&

ESP Oriol Rey 19 CB
MOR Ousama Siddiki 19 FW
BUL Kun Temenuzhkov 17 FW
MON Oliver Šarkić 20 FW
SCO Joshua Rae 16 GK
ENG Joe Stanley 16 LB

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1269 på: September 01, 2017, 20:13:58 »
Denne var nyttig :)

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1270 på: September 01, 2017, 20:25:23 »
Vel, det skrives at Kun T er nr 9 though... (prøver å bli kjent med de ;) )
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1271 på: September 01, 2017, 20:51:34 »
Fryktelig kjedelig omgang. Gidder ikke mer!

Som å se fotball i sirup uten mål og mening. Knapt en sjanse mot GIGANTEN Colchester!

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1272 på: September 01, 2017, 20:55:03 »
Fryktelig kjedelig omgang. Gidder ikke mer!

Som å se fotball i sirup uten mål og mening. Knapt en sjanse mot GIGANTEN Colchester!
Har lagt merke til at U23-resultatene så langt har vært så som så. Se at de har skills, men team effort'en er ikke all verden.
Men ter en omgang til. :)
...så får landskampen rusle i sideblikket
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Barry

« Svar #1273 på: September 01, 2017, 20:55:11 »
Skuffende nivå som er vist denne omgangen.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1274 på: September 02, 2017, 09:13:01 »
Gårsdagens venstreback

Hugo Díaz Rodríguez‏ @hdiazrg  10h
10 hours ago
I feel so proud to start this new stage at @LUFC . I'm very happy for my debut at Elland Road. Come on!!
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1275 på: September 02, 2017, 17:12:36 »
Leeds United’s Academy attracting young stars from Europe’s top clubs

Leeds United head coach Thomas Christiansen and director of football Victor Orta will be delighted at the club's first-team and Academy recruitment this summer.
Lee Sobot Published: 18:15 Friday 01 September 2017

ACADEMY manager Adam Underwood says Leeds United can now attract youngsters from all over the world after a busy and exciting summer of recruitment to the club’s under-23s. Centre-back Oriol Rey and striker Kun Temenuzhkov have both joined the club’s Academy from Barcelona with forward Ousama Siddiki arriving from Real Madrid.

One day after Leeds landed Pierre-Michel Lasogga and Pawel Cibicki as part of a double swoop on Transfer Deadline day, United’s Academy revealed details of an exciting summer, highlighting seven new arrivals at Thorp Arch including three players from two of the best clubs in the world.

Spaniard Rey, 19, has signed a two-year deal to be with the Whites from Barcelona with the defender joined by 17-year-old Bulgarian striker Temenuzhkov who will remain with the club until at least 2020. Moroccan forward Siddiki, 19, has joined Leeds from Real Madrid while fellow 19-year-old Spanish midfielder Alejandro Machuca has joined United from Rayo Vallecano on a deal which runs until 2020. Spanish striker Adrian Balboa, 19, who previously represented Catalonia-based amateur side Unif Bellvitge, has agreed a contract for the same period.

United’s Academy has also been bolstered by the arrivals of 18-year-old English right-back Bryce Hosannah who has left Crystal Palace, as well as 20-year-old Spanish centre-back Hugo Diaz who has been recruited to the Whites from SD Huesca – the Spanish Segunda Division side from which Leeds signed new no 10 star Samuel Saiz.

Leeds United's Thorp Arch training ground. United’s Academy has a rich history of providing future stars for Leeds United’s first team and Underwood is hoping the current Whites crop can follow suit.
Underwood said: “This has been a really productive summer for the club at every level and we are now in a position to attract players from across the world as well as having a keen focus on the UK and particularly Yorkshire. “We are excited to try and progress players to the first team and we hope to continue our tradition of producing young footballers for our first team.”

â€œThis has been a really productive summer for the club at every level and we are now in a position to attract players from across the world as well as having a keen focus on the UK and particularly Yorkshire.” Adam Underwood

Read more at: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-s-academy-attracting-young-stars-from-europe-s-top-clubs-1-8733574
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1276 på: September 06, 2017, 07:01:08 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1277 på: September 11, 2017, 19:55:26 »
Ny kamp - nytt tap. :/

Riktignok spilte de 55 minutter med 10 man, men det er visst ikke gjort i en håndvending å skape et LAG ut av alle disse nye spillerne...

Leeds United Under-23s team v Charlton Athletic: Huffer, Gotts, Kitching, Rey, P. McKay, Diaz (J. McKay 71), Gomes, Vieira, Temenuzhkov (Balboa 54), Machuca (Stokes 62), Pearce.  Subs not used: Male, Sidiki.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/academy-news/22295/u23-report-charlton-athletic-1-0-leeds-united
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1278 på: September 22, 2017, 20:19:40 »
SEIER!!!!  :)

U23 REPORT: LEEDS UNITED 1-0 BOLTON WANDERERS

U23 REPORT: LEEDS UNITED 1-0 BOLTON WANDERERS
Professional Development League

Leeds United 1 (J. McKay 18) Bolton Wanderers 0

Jack McKay’s first half strike ensured Leeds United Under-23s picked up their first win of the season at Thorp Arch.

After an even opening, Leeds had a big chance in the 14th minute, Madger Gomes played the ball across goal to Oliver Sarkic and he looked certain to score, but his effort deflected over the bar.

Four mintues later the Whites did take the lead, Jamie Shackleton made a worked his way into the box superbly, before teeing up Jack McKay who found the bottom right corner.

Eoghan Stokes looked to double United’s lead, he drove forwards before firing on goal from range, but he couldn’t find the target.

Oliver Sarkic then had an opportunity from a well-worked Leeds corner, he got a strike away, which was well saved by Jake Turner.

Will Huffer was then called into action after Hugo Diaz almost turned a Bolton cross into his own net, before Sarkic tried to put Leeds further ahead with a spectacular turn and volley on the edge of the box, but his effort went narrowly wide.

Ogo Obi had an opportunity for the visitors when he went through on goal, but defender Paul McKay raced back and made a superb challenge to keep the Whites in front.

Just before the break Stokes broke into the Bolton box, he squared it looking for Oriol Rey, but Joe Muscatt makes a great interception.

Half Time: Leeds United 1-0 Bolton Wanderers

After the break Leeds had a glorious chance to double the lead, from another well worked set-piece, Shackleton crossed and the ball fell to Diaz six yards out, but he fired his effort over the crossbar.

Oriol Rey then tried to play in Stokes into the box with a neat through ball and the Irishman was just inches from getting on the end of it.

Substitue Tom Pearce then tried a long range effort and he was just inches away from finding the top corner.

Fellow substitute Alex Machuca played in Stokes, but he could only slice his effort wide from a narrow angle.

Madger Gomes then made a good interception before charging up-field, he played in Stokes, but Turner produced a super stop to deny him.

Machuca then played Pearce into the box in the dying minutes and he had a great opportunity to seal it, but he blazed his effort over the bar.

The Whites then saw out over six minutes of added time, to secure a first win of the campaign.

Full Time: Leeds United 1-0 Bolton Wanderers

Leeds United Under-23s team v Bolton Wanderers: Huffer, Hosanna, Kitching, Diaz, P. McKay, Rey, Shackleton, Stokes, J. McKay, Sarkic, Gomes.  Subs not used: Trialist, Ballboa.

Referee: S. Maher

Venue: Thorp Arch
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1279 på: September 22, 2017, 20:23:40 »
SEIER!!!!  :)

Ska sei. :)

...og Bolton lyder jo langt mer eksotisk enn de lagene vi har tapt mot med U23 denne høsten.
Skal vi si de har begynt å få taket på ting? :o
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1280 på: September 22, 2017, 20:45:57 »
Den ene trialisten på benken var denne polakken her:

Kamil Miazek will play his first official game for Leeds United today against Bolton U23.

1:00PM - K.O.

#lufc
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1281 på: Oktober 03, 2017, 23:08:41 »
The Independent har intervjuet Oliver Sarkic (& tvillingbroren)

Meet the Sarkic twins:
born in England, raised in Belgium but trying to make Montenegro history

Oliver and Matija Sarkic are Montenegro's next generation, fighting to get the country's U21 team to their first European Championship
Jack Pitt-Brooke
@jackpittbrooke
Tuesday 3 October 2017 13:59 BST

The Independent Sport

Goalkeeper Matija Sarkic signed for Aston Villa in the summer of 2015 Getty
No Montenegro team has ever qualified for a major tournament. Their senior side is in a promising position for the 2018 World Cup, and if Stefan Jovetic, Stefan Savic and co beat Denmark in Podgorica on Thursday night they will be heading for the play-offs.

But behind them is the next generation, the U21 team fighting to get to their first European Championship. And leading the charge are two twin brothers, born and brought up in England, currently playing for Leeds United and Wigan Athletic.

Oliver and Matija Sarkic are the two 20-year-olds, eligible for England and, if they wanted, for Belgium too, but who have chosen to play for the country of their father. The national teams of the former Yugoslavian nations have plenty of players brought up in Western Europe, whose parents fled the wars of the 1990s. But the Sarkic’s story, taking them from Grimsby to Moscow to London to Brussels, is slightly different.

What is holding back international football and how do we fix it?
Their father Bojan Sarkic is a leading Montenegrin diplomat, who has served as ambassador to the United Kingdom, to Belgium and now to the European Union. Their mother, Natalie Sarkic-Todd, was an FCO official who works for Euractiv, a European media network.

So the two boys, born in July 1997, have not had the most typical of journeys, representing the country “of their hearts” and competing for playing time in the Football League. England has always been where they wanted to play – their English is immaculate – even if they left here for Brussels at the age of seven.
In Belgium both brothers were soon picked up by the Anderlecht academy at U8s level. After starting at the British School of Brussels they soon moved on to French-speaking schools. “We didn’t speak a word of French, growing up speaking English and Montenegrin,” Oliver says. “We went to an English school for two years but then we switched to a French school and now we even speak it to each other.”

Oliver, a striker, impressed during his spell at Anderlecht, especially in one 25-goal, 15-assist season for their U17s. Benfica started watching him and at the age of 17 he left Brussels for Lisbon, signing up to one of Europe’s best academies and an English-speaking school to do his A-Levels. Soon enough he was playing for Benfica B in the Portuguese second tier, alongside Victor Lindelof, Renato Sanches and Joao Carvalho. “Playing professional football was the best thing to happen to me so far, especially playing more than 60 games in that league,” he said. “It’s very aggressive, intense and skilful.”

But England was always in his mind and after three years at Benfica he joined Leeds United on loan at the start of this season. “I decided to give a shot to English football, my dream,” he says. “And there was no better step than Leeds for me. The facilities are amazing, the club has a great history, the coaches know what they’re doing. It’s a hard-working club working towards its goals.” Sarkic picked up a groin injury in his first game for the U23s, though, putting him out of Montenegro U21s game this week.

Oliver spent time playing alongside Renato Sanches at Benfica (Getty)
Matija is a goalkeeper and when he left Anderlecht he did so directly for England, signing for Aston Villa in the summer of 2015 after impressing on trial. He impressed for Villa’s U23s and this season has gone on loan to Wigan Athletic in League One for his first taste of competitive football.

When Matija signed for Villa he came to the attention of the Football Association who invited him on a training camp for young English goalkeepers. Matija went along but got injured on the first day. He is eligible to play for England, of course, and has a UK passport. But like his brother his heart has always been with Montenegro.

Oliver in action for Benfica B against Real Madrid CF (Getty)
“Montenegro is the country my dad is from, it’s in my blood and I’m passionate about it,” Oliver explains. “I love the country so much, and if an offer came in from another country I don’t think we would change.”
So the Sarkic twins have been representing Montenegro since U17 level, trying to get their father’s small country into a tournament for the first time. Two years ago they nearly got there, making it to the Elite Round for qualification for the U19 Championships, only to lose their last game to Ukraine and crash out.
But this week they have France U21s away in Troyes but then Slovenia at home in Podgorica. Oliver is out with injury, but Matija will be playing, and he knows that two good results will send his team towards the 2019 U21 Championship, a new frontier for his father’s country. If the seniors do not make it to the World Cup, the burden will fall on his generation.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/oliver-matija-sarkic-montenegro-u21s-fighting-to-get-european-championship-a7980711.html
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1282 på: Oktober 04, 2017, 16:42:31 »
Lufcyouth

#lufc u23 beat a Harrogate Town XI 3-0 tonight goals coming from Alex Machuca,Liam Kitching and Eoghan Stokes

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1283 på: Oktober 09, 2017, 22:22:57 »
Ryan

Kamil Miazek looks a very good young goalkeeper, he's been offered a contract by Leeds.. Probably play for the u23's #lufc #mot

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1284 på: Oktober 09, 2017, 22:24:41 »
Kamp U23:

A reminder of tonight's #LUFC team: Huffer, Hosannah, Kitching, O'Connor, P. McKay, Rey, Shackleton, Machuca, J. McKay, Stokes, Gomes.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Jon R

« Svar #1285 på: Oktober 10, 2017, 17:07:22 »
Kamp U23:

A reminder of tonight's #LUFC team: Huffer, Hosannah, Kitching, O'Connor, P. McKay, Rey, Shackleton, Machuca, J. McKay, Stokes, Gomes.
Ble tap 1-0 for Burnely.
https://www.leedsunited.com/news/academy-news/22424/u23-report-burnley-leeds-united
Jon R.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1286 på: Oktober 10, 2017, 19:47:04 »
Kamp U23:

Ble tap 1-0 for Burnely.
https://www.leedsunited.com/news/academy-news/22424/u23-report-burnley-leeds-united

U23 REPORT: BURNLEY 1-0 LEEDS UNITED

09 Oct 2017

Whites left to rue missed chances.

Burnley 1 (McNeil 64) Leeds United 0

Leeds United produced a dominant performance but were made to pay for missed chances, as a clinical Burnley side ran out 1-0 winners at Curzon Ashton's Tameside Stadium.

The Whites went close inside four minutes, Eoghan Stokes intercepted a pass before sending Jack McKay into the box and he cut inside well before firing on goal, forcing Anders Lindegaard into a good stop.

Leeds continued to press early on and went close from a well worked corner, the ball fell to Alex Machuca on the edge of the box and he struck a powerful effort just wide.

United had a fine chance to take the lead in the 14th minute, Machuca was found well on the right wing and he put it on a plate for Stokes, eight yards out, but he could only fire over the crossbar.

Jamie Thomas threatened with a volley for the home side, before Jamie Shackleton did well and laid the ball off to Madger Gomes who struck on goal, forcing the best out of Lindegaard to keep the scores level.

Stokes did well to create himself an opportunity by cutting into the Burnley box with the ball, but he could only drag his shot wide.

In first half stoppage time Lidegaard got caught of his line and Stokes picked the ball up 40 yards from goal, he let fire, but again was unable to find the target.

Half Time: Burnley 0-0 Leeds United

After the break Stokes did well to drive up field, before cutting inside well and unleashing a low effort, which went just wide of the Burnley goal.

Burnley threatened through substitute Tinashe Chakwana, whose attempt on goal deflected just wide and from the resulting corner, Harry Flowers headed over.

Oriol Rey struck a set-piece from distance but couldn't find the target, before Burnley took the lead against the run of play.  Leeds failed to clear their lines and were made to pay when Dwight McNeil prodded home.

Paul McKay had an opportunity when a free-kick into the box fell to him at the back post, but he couldn't keep his effort down, before his brother Jack saw an effort deflect just inches off target.

Leeds continued to pressure Burnley in the closing stages, winning a number of corners, but the home side stayed resolute and hung on for the three points.

Full Time: Burnley 1-0 Leeds United

Leeds United Under-23s v Burnley: Huffer, Hosannah, Kitching, O'Connor, P. McKay (Temenuzhkov 81), Rey, Shackleton, Machuca (Siddiki 85), J. McKay, Stokes (Pearce 76), Gomes.

Venue: Tameside Stadium
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1287 på: Oktober 14, 2017, 13:07:18 »
Ian Harte
Well done to @JackClarke09 today only 16 and stood out for the under 23s!!! #MOT

84' It's a great run by Clarke who breaks into the box and puts it on a plate for Machuca who can't miss! 1-0

U23 REPORT: LEEDS UNITED 1-0 CREWE ALEXANDRA

Leeds United 1 (Machuca 84) Crewe Alexandra 0

Carlos Corberán’s Under-23 side ran out deserved 1-0 winners against Crewe Alexandra to record a second win in a row at Thorp Arch.

Chances during the opening stages were limited for both sides, Will Huffer made a good stop to deny Will Huffer from a narrow angle, whilst Madger Gomes had a shot well blocked from the edge of the box.

In the 26th minute Alex Machuca put a dangerous cross into the Crewe box, but Ousama Siddiki was unable to make contact with the ball.

Crewe goalkeeper William Appleyard was then called into action when Oriol Rey fired a long range effort at goal.

Before the break, Siddiki went close when he fired an effort just over the bar from 25 yards, but despite Leeds dominating possession, the two sides went in all square at the break.

Half Time: Leeds United 0-0 Crewe Alexandra

Leeds introduced Tom Pearce and Jack Clarke at the break, but it was the visitors who came closest to breaking the deadlock in the second half, with Owen Dale heading just over and Alex Hurst forcing Huffer into another decent stop.

Substitute Pearce then threatened for Leeds from a set-piece, forcing Appleyard into a good save.

United’s had a great chance to take the lead after the hour mark, Pearce whipped a free-kick into the area and the ball pinged around the area, but neither Paudie O’Connor or Liam Kitching could find the back of the net.

Jack McKay then went close firing a low effort from range, but he couldn’t find the target.

With seven minutes remaining Gomes created himself some space 25 yards out, before firing at goal and his effort went just inches wide.

A minute later though, Leeds did get the breakthrough, substitute Clarke made a great run and broke into the Crewe box, before squaring and teeing up Machuca who couldn’t miss from six yards.

Leeds could have sealed it when Bryce Hosannah did well down the right and crossed in, but Jack McKay couldn’t make the desired contact.

The Whites then saw out stoppage time, comfortable in possession, to give Corberán a second victory from the last three games.

Full Time: Leeds United 1-0 Crewe Alexandra

Leeds United Under-23s v Crewe Alexandra: Huffer, Hosannah, Kitching, P. McKay (Pearce 45) O’Connor, Rey, Siddiki (Clarke 45), Shackleton, Temenuzhkov (J. McKay 56), Machuca, Gomes.

Venue: Thorp Arch
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1288 på: Oktober 17, 2017, 08:50:07 »
First Touch

Good luck to @KeflavikFC and @footballiceland U19 defender #IsakOliOlafsson , who spends this week training @LUFC #lufc

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Hallgeir *

« Svar #1289 på: Oktober 23, 2017, 22:39:42 »
Tap mot naboen..

U23 REPORT: HUDDERSFIELD TOWN 3-2 LEEDS UNITED

Whites suffer tight loss.

Huddersfield Town 3 (Dyson 45+1, 50, Sabiri 58) Leeds United 2 (Sarkic 45, Gomes 86)

Leeds United suffered a narrow 3-2 defeat to West Yorkshire rivals Huddersfield Town at the John Smith’s Stadium.

The Whites went close inside ten minutes, some good build up play led to a shot in the box from Oliver Sarkic, but his effort was well blocked.

Madger Gomes then threatened, he fired an effort from 35 yards, but his low effort went just inches wide of Joel Coleman’s goal.

The home side won a penalty in the 16th minute, following a corner, Leeds were penalised for handball.  Jack Boyle stepped up to take the spot-kick, but he could only hit the post, before United cleared.

Lewis O’Brien then did well for the home side, he spun and broke into the Leeds area, before squaring looking for Boyle, but Paudie O’Connor made a superb interception.

Some more free flowing play by Leeds, led to Madger Gomes having room to shoot from a narrow angle, but he could only fire wide.

The Terriers almost took the lead from a free-kick, 25 yards from goal, Regan Booty curled an effort, but once again the home side were denied by the woodwork.

Florent Hadergjonaj then picked out O'Brien in the box and he forced Will Huffer into a really good stop.

United took the lead two minutes after Huffer’s save, Sarkic was played in at goal and he superbly controlled with his chest, before slotting the ball past Coleman.

However, Huddersfield leveled with the last kick of the first half, in stoppage time, with Oliver Dyson scoring from close range following Romoney Crichlow-Noble's cross, as the two sides went in level at the break.

Half Time: Huddersfield Town 1-1 Leeds United

The Terriers made two changes at at the break, with first team players Florent Hadergjonaj and Colin Quaner were replaced by Abdelhamid Sabiri and Jordan Thomas.

Five minutes into the second half Huddersfield took the lead, Boyle played in Dyson and he grabbed his second goal of the game.

The home side went further ahead in the 58th minute, substitute Sabiri found the back of the net with a wonder strike from 35 yards, which found the top right corner.

A minute after Town’s third goal, Jack Clarke beat the offside trap and went through on goal with Coleman, but he put his effort wide.

In final ten minutes, Gomes almost pulled one back, he fired an effort from range forcing Coleman into a decent stop.

Gomes did get the better of Coleman in the 86th minute, he was played into the penalty area and his low angled shot found the bottom left corner to give Leeds hope.

In stoppage time Leeds had a great chance to level, Jamie Shackleton did really well to prevent the ball from going for a goal-kick and with Coleman out of position, Jack McKay teed up Eoghan Stokes just inside the penalty area, but he blazed his effort over the bar, as the Terriers held on for victory.

Full Time: Huddersfield Town 3-2 Leeds United

Leeds United Under-23s team v Huddersfield Town: Huffer, Hosannah, Kitching, P. McKay, O’Connor, Rey (Vieira 64), Clarke (Machuca 77), Shackleton, Sarkic (J. McKay 60), Stokes, Gomes.

Booked: Rey

Referee: D. Underwood

Venue: John Smith’s Stadium
Super Leeds since 1968