Skrevet av Emne: Det gror godt på Akademiet  (Lest 48439 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 2 gjester leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Sv: Det gror godt på Akademiet
« Svar #90 på: August 10, 2018, 20:23:06 »
2005 Super Elite - 15:35

Chicago Fire - 0 v Sligo Leitrim - 0

2005 Super Elite  - 15:35

Shrewbury Town Academy - 4 v NDSL (03) - 0

Gikk ikke så bra for U14 fra Leeds United. Plasseringskamper i morgen.
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

« Svar #91 på: August 11, 2018, 20:35:05 »
2005 Super Elite 5th Place - 13:00

Leeds United - 0 (4)

v

NDSL (06) - 0 (5)

6.plass etter en litt dårlig turnering for U14 laget!
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #92 på: August 21, 2018, 06:49:55 »
Lufcyouth
Well done to #lufc academy player Nohan Kenneh on his England u16 call up
twitter.com/youthhawk/stat…

Youthhawk
#ENGU16 are in action against Scotland this afternoon in their UEFA Development Tournament opener. Here's the squad picked by Kevin Betsy.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #93 på: August 24, 2018, 13:28:49 »
Leeds United academy footballer scores top GCSE results

Grace Newton
Published: 15:26 Thursday 23 August 2018
A rising Leeds United starlet has proved that footballers can combine sport with study after achieving top GCSE grades.

Henri Kumwenda, 16, plays for the club's under 18 side and attends Grammar School at Leeds.

He has been with the club since the age of 11 and signed a two-year scholarship deal this year.

He was born in Malawi and now lives in Collingham.

He achieved top GCSEs in 10 subjects - with four at grade nine and two at grade eight, as well as three A*s and one A.

Henri now plans to take A Level maths and a Btec in sports science.

The striker spent the summer with the Leeds United academy in Sweden and the Netherlands, and will appear in FA Youth Cup this season. He also hopes to train with the first team.

“I am absolutely delighted with my GCSE results. Doing so well keeps all my options open but I am really happy with my decision to join Leeds United full-time. Training with the club is absolutely amazing.”
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #94 på: August 25, 2018, 09:26:01 »
Lufcyouth

Youthhawk
#ENGU16 are in action against Scotland this afternoon in their UEFA Development Tournament opener. Here's the squad picked by Kevin Betsy.

Youthhawk
#ENGU16 claimed the tournament silverware with a 2-1 win against Turkey this afternoon, #MCFC pair Noah Ohio and Alex Robertson scoring the goals.

:)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #95 på: August 26, 2018, 23:03:27 »
Jay Smith
New challenge cards. Dont need messi or ron to inspire .. we're going up.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #96 på: August 28, 2018, 14:18:34 »
Lufcyouth

Youthhawk

Youthhawk
#ENGU16 claimed the tournament silverware with a 2-1 win against Turkey this afternoon, #MCFC pair Noah Ohio and Alex Robertson scoring the goals.

Youthhawk

ICYMI - #ENGU16 picked up the UEFA Development Tournament trophy last week after wins against Scotland and Turkey.

youthhawk.co.uk

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #97 på: August 28, 2018, 14:28:14 »
Det ble to seire i turneringen:

1-0 over Skottland da innbytter Lymdon Sackey skårte!

Laget:
ENGLAND:
GK   1   Tobi Oluwayemi
2   CJ Egan Riley
3   Jake Garrett
21   Nohan Kenneh
12   Leojo Davidson
15   Alex Robertson
7   Harvey Elliott
8   Jude Bellingham (c)
9   Noah Ohio
10   Nile John
17   Jack Hodnet

Og 2-1 over Tyrkia da Ohio og Robertson skåret. Vår egen Nohan Kenneth var da ubenyttet reserve!

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #98 på: September 02, 2018, 21:24:30 »
Steve Dougie

Great morning bck up at Thorpe arch watching the lad and the u13s beat Sunderland 2-1

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #99 på: September 08, 2018, 22:07:06 »
Michael Morton

Great test today for our u16’s against Guiseley’s u18’s. Its always good to play against older / more experienced players.

The lads dug in & found away to get control of the game & then go on & win it at the death.

#LUFC

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #100 på: September 10, 2018, 19:51:26 »
Her er en artikkel om U23 og U18 hovedsaklig, men strengt tatt 'alle utviklingslagene' til klubben.
Sååå jeg plasserte det her. :)

Bielsa har bare vært i klubben noen måneder. Likevel er mange (meg selv inkludert) opptatt av hans 'legacy' - at hans 'tanker' skal videreføres/bygges på også etter at han har dratt.

Kontinuitet er noe klubben har manglet i årevis. Kanskje den viktigste faktoren vi har manglet for å 'komme tilbake'...

Succession planning finally in evidence at Leeds United as club looks to create self-sufficient future
With the first team, U23s and U18s all flying at the start of the season, could it be that Leeds finally has a plan for the future?

ByJon Howe
11:55, 10 SEP 2018
Sport

Supporting Leeds United is largely an acceptance that what makes football wonderful is usually what happens to other people.
Dazzling football, promotion highs, cup runs; these are all alien concepts in LS11, mythical tales our forefathers talked about whimsically over the Sunday roast.

Such success, of course, usually comes from having structure, organisation and strategy in place. Yet, even supporting a football club with a ‘plan’ is a sepia-tinted notion to fans who have long since grown weary of their club becoming a byword for farce and ineptitude. Leeds United have been back to the drawing board so many times over the last decade they have earned enough loyalty points for a free trip. The suggestion that dogs learn quicker is a valid one when you see the reset button being pressed so willingly, but the overall plan to get to a certain point can often become lost in the day-to-day frenzy of trying to get there.

Is a long-term plan finally in place?
For every Myanmar, Paul Heckingbottom and Felix Wiedwald, for example, there is a counter argument that points to long term foundation being put in place; cultural change that is bringing professionalism, leadership and direction, not just to help us navigate the slings and arrows of the here and now but to make Leeds United healthier and a more viable proposition to steer through whatever comes in the future.
When I first wrote about the unfathomable prospect of Marcelo Bielsa becoming our manager back in June , I talked about the importance of creating a legacy that Leeds United benefited from. We are already tired of reading about Bielsa’s influence on the managers of the Premier League’s top sides, and all we are interested in is what will be left at Leeds United when the Bielsa extravaganza finally leaves town. In truth, we have seen little of the restless tempestuousness we were told to expect, and Bielsa has so far carried an air of calmness and security. But still Leeds need to ensure they soak the well dry in terms of Bielsa’s wisdom and character while they have the honour of his presence in the building.

Corberan has been in the first-team dugout this season (Image: Leeds United)
In this respect it is great to see Carlos Corberan in the dugout for first team games, albeit in an undefined role, but certainly front and centre of proceedings and seemingly carrying an influence. Given Bielsa’s loyalty to his long-established team of coaches, fitness gurus, analysts and interpreters – and the fact that they all come as a package - it is not insignificant that Corberan has penetrated that and is afforded priceless insight into Bielsa’s inner sanctum. Time does not stand still long enough to truly understand the mind of Bielsa; his maverick machinations are a unique art form it would be futile to try and replicate, but in terms of philosophy, attitude, tactics and practices there is a wealth of learning that any fertile mind would readily absorb.

The opening weeks of the 2018/19 season have offered us ample evidence of Bielsa’s teachings permeating every level of the club, but in truth much of this groundwork was done over the first few months of Andrea Radrizzani’s sole ownership over 12 months ago, back when the notion of time travel appeared less fanciful than Marcelo Bielsa becoming Leeds United manager.

Corberan, let’s not forget, was appointed in June 2017, and while he may not necessarily be earmarked as the heir apparent to the Leeds United hotseat, he appears to be an able conduit to spread Bielsa’s fabled influence. The Under-23 team finished last season with an impressive unbeaten streak that has carried on into what appears to be a Year Dot for Leeds United. Four wins and a draw sees the Under-23s top of their Northern Section, but it is not so much the results as the style of play that is making Leeds fans sit up and take notice.

It is true that Corberan’s youngsters were playing confident, free-flowing football last season too, and indeed it should be noted that Mark Jackson’s Under-18s won the Professional Development Northern League title last season also. It is no secret that the success of the first team is the most influential at any football club, but also probably the hardest to achieve, so it is no surprise that it has taken some time, some mistakes and not inconsiderable money to get the top three playing tiers of the club truly aligned in philosophy and trajectory.

Having Corberan, Jackson and also Academy head coach Richard Cresswell on board at this time is crucial in ensuring there is longevity, continuity and a Leeds heart remaining whenever Bielsa decides to walk off into the sunset. But in terms of playing resources we are also seeing bountiful fruits from a harvest that long pre-dates El Loco.
It is not uncommon for Leeds fans to hang their hat on a key youngster that emerges from Thorp Arch, but a prolific conveyor belt is currently changing this identity on an almost weekly basis. Tom Pearce, Bailey Peacock-Farrell and Ryan Edmondson already feel like old heads, as new names take the natural route of bypassing age groups because their talent demands it.

Already this season 18-year-old Jamie Shackleton has shot into the first team picture. Jack Clarke has plundered three goals and two assists in the last two games, his most recent contribution a delicious volley in the 5-0 win over Bristol City that dripped with nonchalance and natural ability. Clarke is just 18, so is Jordan Stevens, so is Callum Nicell who signed his first professional contract last week, so is Robbie Gotts who caught the eye against Bristol City and so is Bobby Kamwa who was a major factor in the Under-18s success last season. Any one of them could make the step up this season, and this is notwithstanding players out on loan such as Paudie O’Connor and the highly-rated Aapo Halme just recovering from injury.

Close observers of Jackson’s youngsters have pinpointed Henri Kumwenda and Nohan Kenneh – who each scored a brace in beating Watford 5-1 last week – while Alfie McCalmont is often mentioned in dispatches. It is clear the investment in recruitment, education and coaching at the Academy has led us to where we are now, not just with a bunch of promising youngsters but with players schooled in the right way of playing and thinking, who trust in each other and can’t necessarily be pigeon-holed to a specific position; the Bielsa way if you like.
It all points to sustainability and growth; to a plan that maintains a position of strength should resources become thin on the ground. Those resources might be money or staff, but either way, Leeds United is slowly becoming self-sufficient, and therefore better set to turn yesterday’s memories into something to savour today.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-bielsa-corberan-future-15131999?1
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Jon R

« Svar #101 på: September 10, 2018, 20:05:10 »
Neil Readfearns historie (anbefalt lesning) gir oss et god innblikk i hvordan Cellinos sparekniv ble brukt inntil det absurde under hans regime.

Det var med andre ord et ENORMT stort og viktig  arbeid som ble påstartet sommeren 2017,  nemlig (re)oppbygningen av akademiet, u-23 og generell infrastruktur i klubben. Bielsa og den økte satsingen på a-laget sommeren 2018 var en naturlig fortsettelse av dette arbeidet.

Steg for steg, stein på stein, dette har vært de første 15 måneder av Radrizzanis 5 års plan i praksis! Bielsa blir en enorm katalysator for de gjenstående 3-4 åra!
Jon R.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #102 på: September 10, 2018, 23:04:22 »
Lufcyouth

Well done to #lufc u16 defender Bryce Jones on his call up by Wales u16s

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #103 på: Oktober 08, 2018, 17:21:16 »
Deancore
Cian Coleman - another name to keep an eye out for in the academy. It’s never ending #lufc

just seen he scored a hat trick playing defensive midfield

Ian
What age is he?

Deancore
Technically U14s. Been scoring goals for fun pre season on tour and got a hat trick over the weekend from the wing

Paul Palfreyman
yeah he is 14 in year 9 at my lads school in pudsey...scores constantly for school and club

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #104 på: Oktober 08, 2018, 17:24:00 »
Nohan Kenneh

Adam
Brilliant, Kenneh cant stop scoring for u18s either from centre midfield

Deancore
Might end up in a battle to keep kenneh. But from what I’ve been told he’s happy to stay.

Neil
Why wouldn't you be with Bielsa steering the ship.

Adam
£ sadly

Deancore
He’ll have European clubs after him (as well as European agents) when he’s legally allowed to sign a deal in jan. Good cat one clubs pay players 3 times what we pay our u23s.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #105 på: Oktober 10, 2018, 11:50:55 »
"It's very positive". The 'footballing philosophy' strengthening the pathway between Leeds United's first team and academy

Phil Hay
Published: 06:30 Wednesday 10 October 2018
 Carlos Corberan (left) with Marcelo Bielsa and Jamie Shackleton during Leeds United's win at Derby County in August.
Carlos Corberan (left) with Marcelo Bielsa and Jamie Shackleton during Leeds United's win at Derby County in August.
Carlos Corberan said a shared philosophy between Leeds United’s academy and Marcelo Bielsa’s first team was aiding the development of players after Jack Clarke became the latest youngest to make his senior debut.

Clarke, 17, followed Jamie Shackleton in earning his first outing under Bielsa this season by coming off the bench during the second half of Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Brentford.

The winger was given his chance after a number of appearances on the bench and impressed with a short cameo which helped Leeds claim an 88th-minute equaliser at Elland Road.

Corberan began coaching Leeds’ Under-23s last season and Clarke turned professional on his watch, agreeing senior terms in November. Bielsa moved Corberan into a first-team role over the summer but the Spaniard has maintained a link with the development squad and has been given responsibility for ensuring a consistent style of play matching Bielsa’s.

Corberan said: “When I arrived my mentality of how I understand football was the same as the academy tried to propose. At the same time, it’s the same as Marcelo is trying to propose in the first team too.

“The link between the academy and the first team is very important and maybe my philosophy of football is the same as Marcelo has too. We’re working all of us in the same direction.

“Marcelo’s a highly demanding coach and it’s very positive for the club. We have to be ready for the high demands but at the same time, he gives importance to the young players and he tries to develop them and follow the process.

“Marcelo’s very focused on the academy and Under-23 level and he’s trying to develop a style which we appreciate a lot. The link between his philosophy and the philosophy of the academy is very positive.”

Bielsa has relied on academy footballers to compensate for a number of injuries to experienced players this season and he praised the youth-team set-up after Clarke’s debut on Saturday.

“We give a lot of credit to what the academy brings to the first team,” Bielsa said. “I’d like to thank the academy for all of the good players they’re giving us.

“He (Clarke) is a young player, 17 years old and a good player. He has very good skills and we can see the reception he received.”

Leeds invested heavily in Under-23 and Under-18 players last season but moved a number of those signing on this summer and planned to limit further recruitment amid concerns that the cost of their academy ranks had grown too high.

The Under-23s, who are also coached by Danny Schofield, have made a strong start to this term and sit top of their professional development league after eight matches. The host Burnley at Elland Road on Friday.

Corberan said: “You have to see what football demands of you and then you have to give the answer. Some players unfortunately didn’t have the skills to be ready for professional football and this is part of the message of the academy.

“Some players, you feel they are not ready so you have to add new players. Because our only objective is to put players in the first team.”
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #106 på: Oktober 10, 2018, 21:21:59 »
Lufcyouth

Well done to #lufc u18s striker Niklas Haugland on his call up by Norway u17s

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #107 på: Oktober 10, 2018, 21:29:06 »
UNDERWOOD PLEASED WITH ACADEMY RESTRUCTURE

10 Oct 2018

Summer changes proving positive.

Adam Underwood has expressed his delight at how the clubs new Academy structure has already beneF***ed Leeds United.

Underwood, who has been head of the Academy since 2014, worked closely this summer with the board of directors and head coach Marcelo Bielsa to implement changes at Thorp Arch which are already appearing to be effective with positive results on the field at every age group and several young players stepping up to the first team.

Carlos Corberan has stayed on as Under-23 manager, however he has also stepped up to become an important assistant coach for Marcelo Bielsa, providing a bridge between the Academy and first team. Danny Schofield has also increased his involvement in the Under-23 set up.

Speaking about the operations, Underwood said: "Carlos is now embedded in both the first team and the Under-23 staff, moving the Under-23 operation closer to the first team and further establishing the pathway for our Academy players.

“Danny is leading the sessions each day with Carlos’ guidance and by structuring our approach and creating regular exposure to the first team environment, our most promising young players are developing under first team conditions and are being challenged to meet their specific demands.

“We have already seen opportunities for Jamie Shackleton, Jack Clarke and Ryan Edmonson this season and with such a strong base of talent in the Academy and out on loan, I am hopeful that given time we will see more young players earning a chance to progress."

Former Leeds forward Richard Cresswell was also appointed this summer in the position as head of Academy coaching, with Underwood seeing this role as crucial appointment across all age groups.

“Richard is responsible for leading the Academy coaching department and ensuring the delivery of our game and training models is aligned throughout the age groups,” said Underwood.

“He is working closely with all the coaching staff, helping them to develop as coaches which in-turn, helps to develop our players. He brings a wealth of experience in the game and is an invaluable addition to the established Academy staff.”

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #108 på: Oktober 14, 2018, 19:23:53 »
Lufcyouth

#lufc u16s fell to a 2-1 defeat today Sam Leverett got Leeds goal

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #109 på: Oktober 21, 2018, 16:35:36 »
Michael Pedley, akademi-trener

Well done @LUFC U11. Great effort winning Part 1 of the @premierleague Regional Series today

« Siste redigering: Oktober 21, 2018, 16:38:09 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #110 på: November 10, 2018, 17:22:00 »
Leeds Youth

Congratulations to #LUFC Goalkeeper @will_1huffer (20), who has been selected for @England U20.

Will joined #LUFC Academy at 9 years old.

#LeedsYouth

Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #111 på: November 24, 2018, 14:22:24 »
Poster denne her jeg. Leeds U-18 slo Burnley U-18 2-1. Her er fra Burnleys hjemmeside:
http://www.uptheclarets.com/u18s-beaten-at-leeds
Leeds' lag og målscorere nevnes ikke her.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #112 på: Desember 09, 2018, 13:42:00 »
MORSOMT AT DETTE NÃ… PREGER A-LAGET:

Antony Hirchstein
The Leeds academy players in the squad this weekend!

HER ER RANKINGEN ETTER FORRIGE SESONG:

http://trainingground.guru/articles/academy-productivity-rankings-2017/18

Leeds United are the highest-ranked Category 2 club, in 12th

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #113 på: Desember 09, 2018, 22:50:51 »
Max McMillan

First game back after 4 months out today and we beat sheff Wednesday 1-0. No better feeling than scoring the winner aswell #LUFC @leedsutdacademy

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #114 på: Desember 10, 2018, 18:41:02 »
Niklas Haugland trender på waccoe i dag :D

Looks like he's starting to put in some good performances for the u18's, on the LUTV highlights he looked a class above (number 10)

….

Saw highlights of that, wondered who the no10 was, he did look a class above.

……

The academy production line keeps rolling.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #115 på: Desember 10, 2018, 18:43:34 »
MORSOMT AT DETTE NÃ… PREGER A-LAGET:

Antony Hirchstein
The Leeds academy players in the squad this weekend!

HER ER RANKINGEN ETTER FORRIGE SESONG:

http://trainingground.guru/articles/academy-productivity-rankings-2017/18

Leeds United are the highest-ranked Category 2 club, in 12th

Ser ikke helt de som  mener Leif Davis (etter høyden å dømme) kan være midtstopperalternativ...
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #116 på: Desember 10, 2018, 20:19:01 »
Niklas Haugland trender på waccoe i dag :D

Looks like he's starting to put in some good performances for the u18's, on the LUTV highlights he looked a class above (number 10)

….

Saw highlights of that, wondered who the no10 was, he did look a class above.

……

The academy production line keeps rolling.

Needless to say, Niklas er Nr 10 :)

https://www.leedsunited.com/video/103080/90-in-90-lufc-u18s-2-0-sheff-wed-u18s
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #117 på: Desember 19, 2018, 00:16:30 »
Leeds United

The winning momentum continued today, as our #LUFC U10s won the @premierleague Power Tournament

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #118 på: Desember 23, 2018, 11:30:28 »
Fra dagens papiravis Bergens Tidende:

Talentet fra Bergen liker Leeds-livet
Niklas Haugland (16) beskriver de første månedene alene i England som perfekte.
Niklas Haugland (16) er bergenseren som i høst meldte overgang fra Fana til Leeds. Etter en høst med U-landslagsuttak og en rekke kamper for Leeds’ U18-lag, er han blitt lagt merke til blant dem som følger storklubben.
Skribent Jordan Harris, for nettstedet HITC, stilte seg nylig spørsmålet om Leeds har funnet en fremtidig stjerne i Haugland. «Han kan være et navn å følge med på de neste årene», skriver Harris, basert spesielt på Hauglands prestasjon i kamp mot Sheffield Wednesday.
- Han stakk seg virkelig ut. Komfortabel i fart med ballen, alltid med et triks på lager og hjelpsom defensivt. Selvsagt lærer han fortsatt, men prestasjonen hans var veldig spennende, utdyper Harris overfor BT.
Tror på nytt steg
Det vakte oppsikt da Niklas Haugland tidlig i høst gikk til Leeds, som har et anerkjent talentakademi i England. Haugland har tidligere vært på treningsopphold i en rekke europeiske storklubber, men ikke blitt regnet blant de aller fremste talentene av Hordaland Fotballkrets.
Jordan Harris tror et naturlig neste steg for Haugland er spill for U23-laget til Leeds. A-laget, som kjemper om opprykk til Premier League, er det naturlig nok lenger frem til, selv om manager Marcelo Bielsa stadig benytter ungdommer på banen.
- Haugland virker å ha potensial til å starte jevnlig for U23-laget i løpet av de neste par årene. Får han en god periode der, vil fansen ønske å se ham på førstelaget, sier Harris.
Slike omtaler er selvsagt kjekke å få for Haugland.
- Det er gøy å høre. De første månedene i Leeds har rett og slett vært fantastiske, helt ypperlige, perfekte, sier Haugland.
- Hvorfor?
- Det har med måten jeg er tatt imot på å gjøre. Gjengen er veldig fin, trenerne veldig gode. Jeg kan spøke med dem og ha et godt forhold til alle. Samholdet er skikkelig fint og det hjelper meg, sier Haugland.
Forverret skade av nysing
Han er akkurat ferdig med treningsdagen på Leeds-akademiet når han snakker med BT. En ribbeinsskade - som ble forverret etter et nys! - holder ham ute av spill i den siste ligakampen før jul, men Haugland depper ikke over det som skjer i sin nye klubb, sitt nye land.
At andre har begynt å snakke om U23-spill for hans del, sier gutten han ikke tenker for mye på. Nylig ble han tatt ut på Norges U-landslag for første gang. Det har i det hele tatt vært god flyt gjennom høsten.
- Hvilke utfordringer har vært størst etter overgangen?
- Det fysiske, i starten. Jeg var vel 61 kilo eller noe, tynn som en stilk, da jeg kom. Men det gikk fort å bygge meg opp litt, jeg har økt i vekt og det merker jeg godt på banen. Jeg har mer å gi nå, sier Haugland.
- Vil møte motbakke
Spillerens agent, Stig Lillejord, sier Haugland må være innstilt på at det kommer tøffere tider.
- Han vil møte motbakke, det gjør alle. Slik jeg ser det handler minst femti prosent av det å skulle bli toppfotballspiller om det mentale. I Niklas’ tilfelle tror jeg han har det som skal til, han fremstår ekstremt sterk mentalt, sier Lillejord - som er strålende fornøyd med tenåringens første måneder hjemmefra.
- Overgangen har vært perfekt for ham. Niklas kom godt inn i laget fra dag én, han har fått mye tillit og på veldig kort tid vokst seg frem som en leder i gruppen. Jeg er dypt imponert over måten han har taklet dette på, sier Lillejord.
Everton-talent får ros
Også en annen vestlending lever fotballivet i en av Englands største klubber. Stordabuen Einar Iversen (17) i Everton debuterte nylig for klubbens U23-lag. Iversen fikk reise med laget til bortekamp i London og siden spille mot Bayern Münchens talenter i en cup.
- Det er helt klart det beste som har skjedd siden jeg flyttet hit. Ã… være på U23-laget var mitt første mål, sier Iversen.
- For Iversen, som startet for første gang på dette nivået, er denne erfaringen gull verdt. Han har spilt virkelig bra for U18-laget i det siste, det er likevel et enormt nivåhopp til U23-laget, sier klubblegenden som trener Evertons U23-lag, David Unsworth, i et intervju gjengitt av Sunnhordland.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #119 på: Januar 03, 2019, 00:14:02 »
Three Academy Players Ready To Make The Step Up!

FOCUS ON THE FOOTY ⚽️
thomaswilson04

5 hours ago

Advertisements
Since starting this blog site, I’ve focused a lot on the academy of Leeds United and annually release a post on three players that are ready to make the step up to the first team. As it is a new year, today’s blog will be exactly that. First up is Callum Nicell.

Callum Nicell

The 19 year old Irish midfielder signed a new contract with Leeds United last year after an impressive performances for the under 18’s side last season and the under 23s this season. The central midfielder, who has been part of the first team squad before, will be looking to make his debut this season. His main position is a deep lying playmaker, who has an eye for a pass. He has a good knack of finding space to be able to receive the ball of the defence and control games from deep. Once he does receive the ball he often looks to play the back forward rather than being happy with passing it sidewards. He was voted Academy player of the year in 2017 and has represented Ireland at various levels, most recently under 19s. Defensively sounds, albeit he’s not a combative midfielder but will most certainly get stuck in when required. With Kalvin Philips suspended and playing in defence whilst Cooper and Berardi are injured, and Adam Forshaw struggling with form, now could be the perfect time for Callum to get some first team minutes.

Robbie Gotts

Like Callum Nicell, Robbie Gotts has been been part of the first team squad but not made his debut as of yet. The 19 year old full back, who is Harrogate born, has impressed for the under 23s this season. As well as playing full back,a position he’s recently started playing after playing a large amount of his games for the younger age groups as a right winger, he can also play in midfield. Having played further forward before, this has gave him the ability and confidence to get forward at every possible occasion. His attacking ability is good, but as a defender you need to be able to defend and Robbie Gotts certainly can. Like Berardi, but less insane, Gotts is a tenacious player with good fitness levels, something which Bielsa demands. He’s very much a modern day fullback with a throwback side to his game, both of which give him a very good chance of making it in the game. He was voted Academy scholar of the year last season and will be looking to better that by making his debut for the first team.

Clarke Oduor

Last but certainly not least, is the versatile Clarke Oduor. Having played a number of positions through this time at Leeds United, he seems to have found a home at left back/left wingback. Out of the three players he’s the most ready physically but faces a lot of competition at left back in the first team, so may be the last of the three to make his debut. He’s a powerful runner, who gets up and down the wing really well. Like Gotts his best attribute is getting forward from fullback and beating a man with skills and pace. For a left back, he has a lot of flair which is unique, but like I mentioned, is not surprising seem as he’s played further forward. Defensively sound but an area he needs to improve on. This however is understandable as its a new position for him and he’s mentally strong enough to work on improving that side of his game. He has all the attributes to really make the left back spot a position going forward in his career his own. Don’t be surprised if you see him make his debut in the first team playing further forward as its part of his game he excels most in.

All three players have the quality it takes to become a professional footballer at Leeds United. Like always it will depend on the pathway to the first team and the opportunities that present themselves to the players. With the amount of injures in the first team this season, it could well be that the opportunity comes earlier then expected.
Min første Leeds-kamp: