Skrevet av Emne: TEMA: Elland Road  (Lest 262373 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Trulsaren

Sv: TEMA: Elland Road
« Svar #270 på: August 06, 2014, 11:12:03 »

(...) I have to buy the stadium, then I have to fix a lot of other things

Nye toaletter - IGJEN?!  ::)
Some fans have gone from begging for Omar Bogle from Grimsby to being disappointed with Lasogga from Hamburg in 6 months... #lufct

Promotion 2010

« Svar #271 på: August 19, 2014, 18:12:01 »
Kul video av Elland Road:

:)
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #272 på: August 19, 2014, 18:55:36 »
LUFC Commercial ‏@LUFCCommercial  Â· 13m  
The Centenary Pavilion is now open to ALL #LUFC fans at every home game- pop in if you fancy a drink before the game.

- ikke lenger kun for Members
« Siste redigering: August 19, 2014, 18:57:26 av Asbjørn »
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #273 på: August 19, 2014, 19:16:47 »
The Centenary Pavilion is now open to ALL #LUFC fans at every home game- pop in if you fancy a drink before the game.

Det ble vel litt skuffende med i underkant av fire pund for inngang selv om noen kunne ta seg en halvliter for summen.  :)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #274 på: August 20, 2014, 23:35:42 »
How many roads in England are called Elland Road? Locations?

@WACCOE leeds, Leicester, Burnley and 2 in London

8)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

kongsmo

Sv:
« Svar #275 på: August 20, 2014, 23:49:34 »
Og en i Norge :D
"SNIFFER"

sportcarl1

« Svar #276 på: August 21, 2014, 00:29:18 »

små små saker hela tiden som gör att klubben går i rätt riktning

Promotion 2010

« Svar #277 på: September 21, 2014, 12:12:20 »
North and South stand in full FLOW:

http://youtu.be/8Xw8TwOqArc

:)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

FredRaw

« Svar #278 på: Oktober 02, 2014, 22:09:32 »
Noe nytt ang tilbakekjøpet??
Voluptas nobilissima gaudium intellegendi est.

- Leonardo Da Vinci -

Xern

« Svar #279 på: Oktober 02, 2014, 23:40:57 »
Ikke som jeg har hørt, men vi får håpe han betaler skatten ved ett tilbakekjøp.. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Noen mennesker tror at fotball gjelder liv eller død. Jeg liker ikke den innstillingen. Det er atskillig mer alvorlig enn som så. - Bill Shankly

Xern

Noen mennesker tror at fotball gjelder liv eller død. Jeg liker ikke den innstillingen. Det er atskillig mer alvorlig enn som så. - Bill Shankly

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #281 på: Oktober 04, 2014, 09:35:30 »
Bates i august 2011:

Bates expects the same to be true of the work carried out recently on Elland Road’s East Stand, as yet to be completed. Council documents set the likely cost at £7m.

In his midweek programme notes, Bates stated that the outlay on the East Stand would amount to £300,000. Either way, it has been a contentious talking point since work began to renew the structure in the first week of May.

Kanskje den lave summen nevnt av Bates er et signal om at investeringen gjør at klubben betaler mindre i leie til eierne!?  ::)
Mindre leie til seg selv? Mmmm... tvilsomt.
Tenk så enkelt og genialt-hvis det er tilfelle: klubben betaler en større sum i leie hvert år til et selskap ingen vet hvem eier...så er det MUN som eier selskapet :( Ren tapping av klubbens penger som ser helt "riktig" ut i alle regnskaper. Kan noen fortelle meg hvilket selskap som eier ER?er det mulig å personifisere dette selskapet? og hvis det er det-hvilken relasjon har vedkommde til MUN...?
For et virvar spøøru meg ;)
Kanskje Bates har eierinteresser i ER....

Promotion 2010

« Svar #282 på: Oktober 04, 2014, 12:17:34 »
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-buying-back-elland-road-is-acid-test-of-cellino-s-intentions-hay-1-6876307

Leeds United: Buying back Elland Road is acid test of Cellino’s intentions – Hay

Elland Road.
by Phil Hay
Updated on the
04 October
08:59
Published 04/10/2014 00:00

26 comments
Have your say!

Time flies and on Tuesday of next week, Leeds United’s Italian regime will be six months old. They say that today’s newspapers are tomorrow’s fish-and-chip wrappers so revisiting history is not in order here.

Massimo Cellino has seen a few watershed moments and none more profound than his appeal against the Football League but his seventh month as owner will present another. It is almost time for him to deliver on the £16million promise he hung his hat on at the outset: the repurchase of Elland Road.

Bought by November, Cellino said, and November is coming round quickly. Time does fly. Ownership of the stadium was the golden ticket in his public addresses when he and Leeds were formally married and it is still his way of proving that he is on a higher plain. Other owners used Elland Road’s deeds to dangle the club’s support. Gulf Finance House did so with cynical intent, possessing neither the money nor the inclination to buy the ground back. Still, the bank’s spin sold a few more tickets for Brighton at home.

There is an attitude in certain circles that United’s supporters are being sucked in by Cellino; that they are blinded to the nuts and bolts of ownership by obscenities in the press and an appearance in the away end at Brentford. Every club has a percentage of blinkered followers, and even GFH enjoyed purple patches of popularity, but delusion is not the trait of the majority in Leeds. They see a hotdog at Griffin Park for what it is – an eccentric sideshow which makes for good photos but not a lot else. Cellino’s epitaph here won’t include that story.

As with every owner, reputation comes down to a tally of concrete achievements minus the list of acknowledged failures. Cellino takes credit for 15 signings in the transfer window. He takes criticism for naming David Hockaday as head coach and for his close proximity to playing matters. The cuts under him have been deep and severe but they will tally if Leeds rein in losses of £1m a month. These are pros and cons, which most people can see. But the repurchase of Elland Road would be progress on a different scale – an indisputable step forward for a club who are “guests in their own home”, as Cellino puts.

The difference between his promise about owning the stadium and GFH’s nods and winks is that Cellino is on the record as guaranteeing it. His preference is to fund some or all of the £16m buy-back provision with a mortgage, in order to leave cash in bank for other projects and expenses. But Leeds are a credit risk after their insolvency in 2007 and did not engender financial confidence during GFH’s time as owner. Those working on the repurchase of Elland Road say United’s ability to borrow has been weakened recently by the threat of another attempt by the Football League to ban Cellino from running the club.

The fallback, according to Cellino, is money in the pot. Speaking in July, the 58-year-old said the £10.75m fee raised from Ross McCormack’s sake to Fulham would give Leeds the equity they need to pay for the ground in full and in one hit.

“If we have a mortgage, instead of paying £1.6m a year in rent we pay £600,000 on the mortgage,” Cellino told the YEP. “But there is no bank in Leeds that will give us a mortgage. What’s the risk? If we’re paying £1.6m in rent, how can we not afford £600,000 a year?

“The money we have we might need to renovate the stadium, to make a new stand, to clean it up or do something else nice. But by November, we’ll buy the stadium. If we have to pay cash then we will. The money is there.”

An annual lease of £1.6m is the main concern for Leeds. Paid to Teak Commercial – the anonymous, offshore, BVI firm which is nothing to do with anyone but seemingly leads back to Jacob Adler – the rent rises by three per cent each year. A precise calculation agreed when Elland Road was first sold sets the buy-back provision at exactly 11.38 times the cost of the rent. It is due to increase again during the middle of next month, a decade after United used their ground to pay up a sizeable loan. Cellino’s rush to do the deal is purely to avoid a higher price.

The message from his camp earlier this week was that the repurchase is “on track” with a matter of weeks to go before his own deadline.

At a cost of around £16m, this for Cellino is a two-pronged opportunity – from the club’s point of view, to remove a financial burden which gets worse with each passing year, and from his own perspective, to shore up his credibility in a way that hotdogs and hilarity never will. As progress goes, buying Elland Road is beyond reproach.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Leedsfan

« Svar #283 på: Oktober 04, 2014, 15:32:51 »
Blir Twitter-meltdown om han ikke kjøper tilbake ER denne måneden. Skal innrømme at jeg blir meget skuffet om han ikke gjør det!
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Andersen

« Svar #284 på: Oktober 04, 2014, 15:38:42 »
MC burde ha en jævlig god grunn til ikke å kjøpe ER tilbake hvis nov utgår, uten gjennkjøp av banen !?  >:(

Promotion 2010

« Svar #285 på: Oktober 04, 2014, 16:47:16 »
Blir Twitter-meltdown om han ikke kjøper tilbake ER denne måneden. Skal innrømme at jeg blir meget skuffet om han ikke gjør det!

Hvorfor skulle han ikke gjøre det? Ingen har vel antydet det.  ::)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #286 på: November 01, 2014, 10:02:21 »
Buy back?

All quiet on the Elland Road front as the deadline set by Massimo Cellino for buying Leeds United’s stadium draws near.

That deadline is his own, rather than a contractual stipulation.

United have the right to repurchase their rented ground for a set fee at any time before November 2029 so the buy-back provision is not at stake in the way that it was with Thorp Arch five years ago.

Cellino, nonetheless, wanted to exercise the clause this month, to free Leeds from the cost of leasing Elland Road and the increase in recent they face each year. The figures are always worth repeating: £1.6m for the lease, rising by three per cent every November.

As recently as the middle October, Cellino was insistent about the need to push the repurchase through before the rent climbs again. No-one has ever revealed precisely when the lease is due to go up but Elland Road was sold by Gerald Krasner’s (left) board on November 12, 2004. That date is 11 days away, falling in the next international break.

At the moment, very little is being said about the state of play. A source close to Cellino described the situation as “challenging” but intimated that Cellino still intended to pull the repurchase off. A meeting with Jacob Adler, the property developer who bought the stadium in 2004, was planned for this week with time ticking on.

Cellino claimed a few months ago that he had enough money to cover the £16m buy-back fee one way or another but his preferred method of repurchasing the ground was by marrying the fee raised from Ross McCormack’s (right) sale to Fulham (£10.75m minus 15 per cent paid to Cardiff City via a sell-on clause) with a bank loan – a mortgage – of around £7.5m.

As this column noted a few weeks ago, Leeds are a borrowing risk after many years of financial instability. People who work for Cellino say his ability to acquire a mortgage has been compromised further by suggestions that the Football League will attempt to ban him as owner of United on the basis of his recent tax conviction in Italy.

That situation, like the repurchase of Elland Road, pictured right, itself, is muted at present.

We await news.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

SOL

« Svar #287 på: November 05, 2014, 13:28:32 »
Sjekk denne:

www.2900miles.com/exclusive-massimo-cellino-leaves-red-bull-gfh-furious-league-refuses-vouch

EXCLUSIVE: Massimo Cellino leaves Red Bull, GFH furious as League refuses to vouch for him

As early as Tuesday of last week, reports of a takeover by energy drinks giant Red Bull began to surface. A call was apparently placed to the office of The Yorkshire Evening Post (YEP) by a source close to the talks claiming that a takeover bid was in progress, with the Austrian company said to be wanting complete ownership of the club. The story was immediately dismissed at YEP Headquarters as a hoax, but later resurfaced in The Daily Mail late on Saturday.

The story was immediately, and very publicly dismissed by Massimo Cellino as “bullsh*t, a complete lie”, but not before the charismatic Italian let slip that he had indeed had discussions with Red Bull, but only three months ago, and only with regards to Sponsorship possibilities, something Red Bull has stated is not a possibility given their current approach of “all or nothing” when pertaining to involvement in football clubs. Red Bull, to quote their own executives, have always tried to maximise their permitted input when investing in a partner company or football club.

As with most major footballing stories, there is no smoke without fire, and this fire may have been caused by Mr. Cellino’s pants. We can exclusively reveal that prolonged talks, planned well in advance, took place between Massimo Cellino and two Red Bull executives throughout the day on Thursday (October 30th), with all parties agreeing on complete discretion. Red Bull were in no way aware that the story had already been offered to The Yorkshire Evening Post, and it is suggested that they would have walked away immediately had they been aware.

The Red Bull connection does not stop there however, as the Red Bull executives who had sat with Cellino at Elland Road during the defeat by Wolverhampton Wanderers hold the belief that Massimo Cellino used his new relationship with former Leeds United Chairman Ken Bates to leak the story to The Daily Mail in order to start a potential bidding war for The Whites, as confirmed by a trusted source who spoke with a Red Bull representative at their German offices in Frankfurt.

This violation of Red Bull’s trust has not yet killed off the potential deal, said to include the purchase of Elland Road and Thorp Arch, but has certainly placed it on life support. Red Bull are said to be licking their wounds, and may revisit the takeover at a later date, presumably at a reduced price should The Football League bar Cellino from his current role as majority shareholder.

Cellino’s week rapidly degraded into chaos after the the Red Bull talks, as he had to face the media on Tuesday of this week and admit that he could not complete the purchase of Elland Road, despite several promises to do so since his takeover. Massimo Cellino cited difficulties with his partnership with Gulf Finance House Capital (GFHc) as the reason behind the Elland Road u-turn, and told reporters that GFHc had yet to return their signed copy of the much publicized revision of the Share Purchase Agreement (SPA) between the two parties. While the lack of signature on the document does not make the document invalid, it does require court intervention to force it into effect, a long and costly process for all involved.

Cellino suggested to reporters that the club had the financial backing to complete the purchase, but it would be reckless to do so as “other parties would benefit” and it was “in the best interests of the club to not make the purchase”. In a surprising move by GFH, they released a scathing and immediate rebuttal of the accusations by Cellino and accused the Italian of reneging on their original agreement, saying  “We wanted Cellino to show commitment to his obligations under [the] sale agreement since he has only paid part not all of his obligations”.  The Dubai based investment group, twenty-five percent shareholders in Leeds United, also told reporters that they had “only agreed to the sale of Ross McCormack on the grounds that the money would be used to purchase [the] stadium”.

In a further and thus-far unreported development, it has emerged from inside the club that Cellino is disheartened and disillusioned with life at Leeds United after the FA and The Football League refused to commit to an official stance on whether his long term future at the club is confirmed, as requested by an American financier who sought assurances when approached by Cellino to assist with funding the acquisition of the famous Elland Road stadium. Cellino is set to return Stateside after the Leeds United vs Blackpool game on Saturday to continue talks.

Whatever your opinion on Cellino, you have got to feel for a man whose terrible week culminated in Leeds United holding a league record of 17 points, 17 goals scored, and in 17th place in the league. Cellino has long been convinced that the number seventeen is his unlucky number. I for one am starting to see why.
« Siste redigering: November 05, 2014, 16:12:03 av Promotion 2010 »

Geir fra Grimstad

« Svar #288 på: Desember 05, 2014, 07:22:57 »
Nå er november over. Blir det noe oppkjøp tro...?
revie

auren

« Svar #289 på: Desember 05, 2014, 08:40:47 »
Nå er november over. Blir det noe oppkjøp tro...?

Nei.. ikke i november i hvertfall. Vant til å bli løyet til som Leedsfan opp i gjennom årene, så det var ikke akkurat overraskende...

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Annesj

« Svar #290 på: Desember 05, 2014, 08:49:23 »
Så er spørsmålet om VI har blitt løyet til eller om mannen som lovet dette har blitt løyet til. Jeg tror dette ble sagt i beste mening, men at GFH har satt kjepper i jula.
Marching on together
We're gonna see you win (na, na, na, na, na, na)
We are so proud
We shout it out loud
We love you Leeds - Leeds - Leeds

Promotion 2010

« Svar #291 på: Desember 05, 2014, 10:31:37 »
Så er spørsmålet om VI har blitt løyet til eller om mannen som lovet dette har blitt løyet til. Jeg tror dette ble sagt i beste mening, men at GFH har satt kjepper i jula.

Men nå har han £ 25 millioner MER å rutte med. Han trenger jo bare £ 8 millioner av disse for å kjøpe Elland Road. De £ 9 millionene som klubben fikk for Ross står jo bare og venter på å bli investert i anlegget.

OG Vips: Vi er eiere av egen stadion!  :)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #292 på: Desember 05, 2014, 12:19:49 »

Men nå har han £ 25 millioner MER å rutte med. Han trenger jo bare £ 8 millioner av disse for å kjøpe Elland Road. De £ 9 millionene som klubben fikk for Ross står jo bare og venter på å bli investert i anlegget.

Her er det noen lik i skapet....

Annesj

« Svar #293 på: Desember 05, 2014, 13:03:36 »

Begrunn  :)
Marching on together
We're gonna see you win (na, na, na, na, na, na)
We are so proud
We shout it out loud
We love you Leeds - Leeds - Leeds

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #294 på: Desember 05, 2014, 17:29:04 »

Stiller følgende spørsmål:
Er det Jacob Adler som eier ER...?

Torpe-do

« Svar #295 på: Desember 05, 2014, 18:08:37 »

Konspirasjonsteori:

Bates sitter egentlig som eier av ER og TA.
Cellino truer den fine, stødige og ikke minste ØKENDE inntekten som kommer i form av leie, ved å faktisk ha pengene til å kjøpe tilbake.
Harvey er kompis med Bates, og prøver så å bli kvitt faren for Bates' kjærkomne inntektskilde.
Kan vel muligens forklare hvorfor Bates var så ivrig etter å bygge kasinoer og VIP-bokser på ER. Leietakeren finansierer oppgraderinger av bygget? Henger jo ikke på greip.

Noe slikt??

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #296 på: Desember 06, 2014, 09:20:52 »

Konspirasjonsteori:

Bates sitter egentlig som eier av ER og TA.
Cellino truer den fine, stødige og ikke minste ØKENDE inntekten som kommer i form av leie, ved å faktisk ha pengene til å kjøpe tilbake.
Harvey er kompis med Bates, og prøver så å bli kvitt faren for Bates' kjærkomne inntektskilde.
Kan vel muligens forklare hvorfor Bates var så ivrig etter å bygge kasinoer og VIP-bokser på ER. Leietakeren finansierer oppgraderinger av bygget? Henger jo ikke på greip.

Noe slikt??

Tja, jeg og andre har jo mente noe slikt noen år...mens noen andre har tilbakevist dette til tider på harselerende vis ;)
Kanskje vi får vite hvordan dette henger sammen..? men med Bates i kulissene tror jeg det er umulig :(

Promotion 2010

« Svar #297 på: Desember 18, 2014, 22:31:16 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #298 på: Februar 04, 2015, 20:16:01 »
Leeds chairman pledges to BUY BACK Elland Road and confirms Massimo Cellino board return

LEEDS UNITED could soon have ownership of their Elland Road stadium, new chairman Andrew Umbers has revealed.

Published: 17:09, Wed, February 4, 2015

Leeds could soon buy back Elland Road

The club sold their Beeston ground back in 2004 for £8million as part of a desperate attempt to avoid administration and pay their spiraling debts.

And over a decade later they are still paying rent on their historical home, where they have an option to buy back the ground at a set fee by 2029 when their 25-year lease ends.

But Umbers revealed he is determined to bring Elland Road back under Leeds' ownership by this time next season.

"We know that we have got to own our own assets," Umbers told BBC Radio Leeds. "It's wrong to be a guest in our own home.

"It is our intention to buy the stadium. This is a club that belongs to its fans and to the community.

"I don't want to give a date because I think it would be wrong to manage that expectation, but I think this time next year a lot will have changed around the stadium and Leeds will be a wealthier club for owning its own assets."
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Jon R

« Svar #299 på: Februar 04, 2015, 20:48:59 »
Skulle ønske de sluttet å gnåle om dette til en avtale om gjenkjøp var signed, sealed and delivered.
Jon R.