Skrevet av Emne: Sv: Mann i trenerteamet: Glynn Snodin  (Lest 7015 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

kjelvi

Sv: Ny mann i trenerteamet: Glynn Snodin
« Svar #30 på: Februar 02, 2009, 14:14:26 »
...... Snodin had been on gardening leave from West Ham since his exit earlier in the season, but has now accepted an offer to join Leeds after agreeing a pay-off with the London club. ....

Det er trolig grunnen for at bekreftelsen har latt vente på seg!

Boxman

Sv: Ny mann på vei inn i trenerteamet!
« Svar #31 på: Februar 02, 2009, 14:50:45 »
Slo sammen emnene med ny tittel.

Bekreftet nå!

GLYNN SNODIN SIGNS
http://www.leedsunited.com/page/LatestNewsDetail/0,,10273~1541837,00.html

Joiner coaching staff, står ingen ting om at han er vår nye ass. manager...!?!

Sorry, så ikke denne...

Det var nok fornuftig det ja...
Proud to be Leeds!

kjelvi

kjelvi

« Svar #33 på: Februar 04, 2009, 12:05:25 »
Snodin so glad to be back at Leeds

Glynn Snodin's appointment at Leeds United was an open secret around Elland Road, but it is a measure of Simon Grayson's opinion of him that he waited so patiently to recruit his new coach.
Snodin joined United's backroom staff on Monday morning, taking up a position which had been earmarked for him by Grayson and Leeds weeks earlier.
The 48-year-old was more than willing to accept a job with the club he represented as a player on more than 100 occasions, but he was powerless to take up Grayson's offer until a pay settlement had been agreed with his previous employers, West Ham United.
Snodin's name was in the frame early last month after Brian Little, the former Hull City and Aston Villa manager, rejected a coaching position with Leeds, and Grayson alluded to the identity of his likely appointment by revealing that the man in question was on gardening leave after parting company with a Premier League club.
United's boss saw the humorous side of the delay in unveiling Snodin, joking each week that his chosen candidate had stalled at various junctions on the M1 as he made his way towards Thorp Arch, but despite other expressions of interest in the job, he was not tempted to approach an alternative coach.
Snodin was therefore relieved to officially commence employment with United on Monday, admitting that a collapse of his agreement would have been "my loss". To judge by his patience, Grayson would have been equally disappointed had Snodin slipped through his fingers.
"There was always a slight fear in my head that this might not work out," Snodin told the Yorkshire Evening Post.
"Simon's priority was to get a coaching team behind him and there was only so long he could have waited for me. I'd have understood if he'd said 'listen, I need to get someone in straight away and I can't hang around'.
"For that reason, I didn't get my hopes up too much because I didn't want to be disappointed.
"If things had been more complicated with West Ham then I might not have been able to come back to Leeds on this occasion, and that would've been my loss.
"But my pay-off's been sorted and I'm really pleased to be here because the time out I've had since West Ham has been strange for me.
"I'm not used to being at a loose end and it's great to be coming to a club which means so much to me."
Snodin vacated his position as first-team coach at West Ham in September after Alan Curbishley resigned the manager's post at Upton Park, and the period since was his first in unemployment since he left school more than 30 years ago.
Born in Rotherham, Snodin began his playing career at Doncaster Rovers and transferred to Sheffield Wednesday before receiving and taking the opportunity to join Leeds in 1987.
United paid Wednesday a £150,000 fee for him and the full-back made over 100 appearances for Leeds taking his place in the squads which won promotion from Division Two in 1990 and the Division One title two years later.
His career after leaving Elland Road in 1992 took him to Oldham Athletic, Barnsley and Scottish Premier league club Heart of Midlothian, and he worked continuously as a coach and a scout after his retirement 11 years ago.
In that time, Doncaster, Charlton and Southampton all employed him, and it was Curbishley who installed him as first-team coach at Upton Park in 2007.
Snodin said: "When I left West Ham last year, the first month away was quite nice – in a way.
"There was a bit of novelty factor in having time on my hands and the freedom to do whatever I wanted, but I soon got itchy feet.
"Football's in my bones and in my blood, and I wanted to get going with it again. I need to be part of the game rather than just hearing about it or reading about it, and it didn't feel at all right missing out on the day-to-day job of coaching and working with players.
"It's actually the first time I've been out of work since I left school. It didn't suit me at all and I think it showed me that I need to be busy and I need a challenge to focus on.
"When Simon first went into Leeds, I got in touch and told him I had time on my hands and was available. Someone like me is always going to be interested in a job there.
"I'm a former Leeds player with very fond memories of that stage of my career, so coming back was an easy decision and a privilege.
"You feel comfortable with your surroundings straight away and you know where you stand in terms of expectation. When I was a player I knew exactly what the supporters expected of the club and that won't have changed."
Snodin's arrival will help Grayson meet that expectation, adding depth to a backroom team which has been short on numbers since the arrival of United's new manager on December 23.
Grayson appointed Ian Miller to his coaching staff on Boxing Day but it took more than a month to secure his second recruit and replace in full the team of Gary McAllister, Steven Staunton and Neil McDonald who departed Elland Road in the days before Christmas.
For the past 18 months Snodin has combined his domestic duties with the task of assisting Northern Ireland manager Nigel Worthington and Leeds have allowed him to continue his employment with the province for the immediate future.
He is due to travel to San Marino with Worthington's squad for a World Cup qualifier next week, and the only direct clash of fixtures this season will come on Saturday, March 28 when Northern Ireland host Poland and Leeds play MK Dons at Elland Road.
Snodin said: "Coaching an international team was a great opportunity for me and it's something I wanted to carry on doing.
"I've worked with Nigel for a while now and I didn't want to let him down – or the Northern Ireland players – by walking away.
"We've worked hard together and got a few good results and it's not something I wanted to give up.
"I'm pleased that Leeds are allowing me to do both jobs and it won't be a problem for me to manage that. The club are happy and I am as well."
Snodin's first appearance in the dug-out with Leeds should have come at Leyton Orient last night but heavy snow in north London forced the match to be postponed on Monday afternoon.
The call-off has given him an easier opportunity to integrate with Grayson and his squad this week – with the club's next fixture against Millwall on Monday night – and Snodin does not expect to take any time to adapt to his new post.
"Simon was a player at Leeds around the same time as me, and he's very switched on," said Snodin. "He's like Alan (Curbishley) in the sense that he's a sensible guy and a thinker. I'll enjoy working for him.
"I've got so much enthusiasm for the job here and it's nice to have a challenge to focus on again.
"Leaving West Ham was disappointing but, as a coach, you know that if the manager moves on, you're going to go too. That's the reality and if you're a team player then you accept it and respect what the manager decides.
"You're there to back him up, after all, and to do the job as he wants it to be done."

YEP

Promotion 2010

« Svar #34 på: Februar 10, 2009, 21:31:08 »
Fantastisk intervju med Glynn Snodin på LUTV.

Dette klippet ligger på Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yaq1QPWVGfg

;D
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Pettersen97

« Svar #35 på: Februar 10, 2009, 22:00:15 »
Fantastisk intervju med Glynn Snodin på LUTV.

Dette klippet ligger på Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yaq1QPWVGfg

;D

HEHEHE ;D Klareeeeee ikke å hålle sæ ;D
The Mighty Whites

DOFFER

« Svar #36 på: Februar 10, 2009, 23:05:43 »
Priceless :D
We love you Leeds! Leeds! Leeds!

berlin

« Svar #37 på: Februar 11, 2009, 08:53:28 »
Herlig å se dette klippet, jeg ble i godt humør av det selv her på morrakvisten.  ;D Jeg kan forestille meg at Snodin skaper både entusiasme og gøy på treningsfeltet. Så lenge det ikke bare blir tøys & tull, så er det bare positvt.  ;)

Promotion 2010

« Svar #38 på: Februar 11, 2009, 13:35:27 »
Herlig å se dette klippet, jeg ble i godt humør av det selv her på morrakvisten.  ;D Jeg kan forestille meg at Snodin skaper både entusiasme og gøy på treningsfeltet. Så lenge det ikke bare blir tøys & tull, så er det bare positvt.  ;)

Snodin har skaffet seg et navn som en med varierte og morsomme treningsopplegg. Han sier på LUTV at han ønsker å gi spillerne noe. Dvs de kommer inn på trening med et smil om munnen og han vil at de skal forlate treningen med et smil om munnen...  ;D

Et annet interessant poeng han nevner er at PL-spillere stort sett ikke trtenger å bli fortalt hva de skal gjøre, men de går ut og gjør det. Mens L1 spillere nok trenger mer man-management! Tett kontakt og forklaringer.

Snodin fortalte på LUTV at han var stolt over å være i Leeds igjen, hans favorittlag, og at han ønsket å være med i et trenerteam som fikk klubben tilbake dere den hører hjemme. Dette var ambisjonene til alle de tre nye i klubben: Grayson, Miller og Snodin selv!

;D
Min første Leeds-kamp:

ragnar

« Svar #39 på: Februar 13, 2009, 17:19:38 »
Har stor tro på at det ligger mye mer å hente på manmanagment i L1 enn PL. Litt kvalitetsforskjell på spillere og fotballforståelse.

Om de tre nye er gode med manmanagment kan Leeds klare å rykke opp. Kvaliteten ligger der...
*In El Loco we trust!*

Promotion 2010

« Svar #40 på: Februar 25, 2010, 15:01:57 »
Glynn Snodin fortsetter som NI-assistent til og med EM 2012:

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,982_5979871,00.html

:)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

Sv: Mann i trenerteamet: Glynn Snodin
« Svar #41 på: Mai 24, 2010, 12:44:36 »
Leeds United: Snodin looks to continue dual roleDate: 24 May 2010
By Phil Hay
Leeds United coach Glynn Snodin hopes to continue in his role as Northern Ireland's assistant manager following the club's promotion to the Championship.
Snodin was prepared to sacrifice his international position had Leeds remained in League One for another season, but United's return to the Championship a fortnight ago should allow him to remain as part of the Northern Ireland management team headed by Nigel Worthington.

Worthington announce in February that Snodin had agreed in principle to take up a new contract running for the duration of Northern Ireland's Euro 2012 qualifying campaign, but Snodin's acceptance was always dependent on the outcome of United's League One term.

The 50-year-old juggled the two roles after joining Simon Grayson's backroom team at Elland Road in February 2009 but Leeds' campaigns in League One were rarely subject to international breaks and Snodin was forced to miss a number of domestic fixtures to carry out his duties with Northern Ireland.

Snodin said he was ready to commit himself solely to the club in the event that they remained in League One for a fourth season, but United's promotion will see their 2010-11 season interspersed by international breaks, accommodating European qualifying fixtures and international friendlies.

Snodin said: "I'm going to speak to both Simon and Shaun (Harvey, United's chief executive) and I'm hoping to stay involved with Northern Ireland.

"I've got to be 100 per cent committed to the job with Leeds first and foremost and the Northern Ireland job wouldn't have been possible if we'd been in League One next season.

"I couldn't have devoted myself properly to both. But the international breaks should let me carry on next season and I'd be really pleased if I can.

"I love the job at Leeds but I love coaching in general and it's great to have the chance to work at international level. It's a fantastic experience."

Snodin originally joined Northern Ireland's coaching team in 2007 but he has been part of Grayson's staff for all but a month of the United boss' 87-match tenure at Elland Road.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/Leeds-United-Snodin-looks-to.6314388.jp
« Siste redigering: Mai 24, 2010, 12:47:08 av Asbjørn »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

Sv: Mann i trenerteamet: Glynn Snodin
« Svar #42 på: Mai 27, 2010, 10:40:05 »
Leeds United: I'll never tire of football - Snodin

Glynn Snodin with Simon Grayson.

Date: 27 May 2010
By Phil Hay
Leeds United coach Glynn Snodin is already itching for the start of next season, claiming the club's 60-game trawl to automatic promotion left his energy undiminished.
Snodin and the rest of United's backroom team are taking the opportunity to draw breath after an exhilarating end to the longest of terms at Elland Road, but the 50-year-old said he felt no need of a break, despite the intensity of the past 10 months.

Leeds completed exactly 60 competitive fixtures en route to promotion from League One, and their dramatic retention of second position – thereby avoiding the division's play-offs which conclude at Wembley this weekend – extended the break afforded to Simon Grayson's players and staff by an extra three weeks.

Grayson is unlikely to see more than a brief holiday as he attacks the transfer market and attempts to adequately prepare Leeds for their arrival in the Championship, but Snodin admitted he was already counting the days to the start of pre-season training and the resumption of his day-to-day routine.

"I know I probably need a break but I don't really feel like one," he said.

"When people miss out on promotion, you always hear them say that the next game can't come soon enough but it's almost the same when you've won promotion. Your enthusiasm's bubbling and if the season had to start tomorrow, you'd be quite happy about that.

"It's important for the players to get away and recuperate, and for
Simon too because he's carried more pressure than anyone else, but the last 12 months have been an absolute ball for me. My job's far less tiring on the inside than it looks from the outside.

"Sixty games sounds like a hell of a lot but the season absolutely flew. When you're playing Saturday, Tuesday week after week, you don't have time to celebrate wins or dwell on losses. You just keep moving from game to game and before you know it you're into April and at the sharp end. For me, I wouldn't describe it as a tiring season, just a brilliant one."

United did not take long to see the benefit of promotion at the earliest opportunity. While four teams contested the play-off semi-finals a week after the end of League One's 46-game season, Grayson and his squad were in Dubai, relaxing at the expense of their club.

Prior commitments forced Snodin to miss the four-day break in the Middle East but he selflessly insisted that the travelling party consisted of those who had earned the reward most. "We've all played a part," Snodin said, "but the players and the manager deserve the most credit."

Snodin is one of Grayson's biggest admirers, consistently impressed by the maturity of a manager who is 10 years his junior and less than five years on from his retirement as a professional footballer.

United appointed Grayson with the assumption that if he could win promotion from League One as manager of Blackpool, he could do the same with Leeds. The club are now looking to him to repeat the second stage of his job at Bloomfield Road by re-establishing United in the Championship, a division they vacated in 2007.

His success in doing so will be influenced by the success of his graft in the transfer market, work which is yet to bring about United's first signing. Snodin has watched Grayson operate with growing respect during his 18 months as manager and does not fear that Leeds might be caught short in a more competitive league next season.

"He knows what he needs to do with the squad," Snodin said. "I heard him say that he'd have to be ruthless when it came to who to keep and who to let go, and that sounds like him. He's got a very tough job but he's always willing to do the difficult parts.

"It's easy to underestimate the pressure he's been under. In a way, he makes people underestimate it because he never gives you the impression that he's under pressure. He'll criticise the team from time to time and he'll get frustrated by results, like we all do, but he's always calm and always in check. I've been so impressed by him.

"You're talking about someone who's 40 years of age with a limited amount of experience. If he'd been managing for 15 or 20 years then you wouldn't be surprised, but every time you tried to take things off his hands or tried to make his life easier, he'd tell you not to worry and to get on with your job.

"There were times when he might have panicked or felt like things were going wrong, but if he ever panicked then he did it behind closed doors. All I ever saw from him was complete confidence that we were going to get promoted."

Grayson and his staff carried with them the expectation that their squad would win promotion automatically this season.

Despite Grayson's promise that he would attempt to attack the top of the Championship, the club will enter next season with more conservative aims, beginning with the priority of remaining in the division for a second season.

"As a coach, I've never experienced anything like this promotion," Snodin said. "But I don't think any of us would be happy for that to be the be-all and end-all. It's more like a first step.

"Most people in football, players or coaches, achieve one thing and then look at what they can achieve next. Promotion's sunk in now and I'm starting to think about next season. It's like that old saying – you're only as good as your last game."

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/Leeds-United-I39ll-never-tire.6323388.jp
« Siste redigering: Mai 27, 2010, 11:33:10 av Asbjørn »
Min første Leeds-kamp: