Skrevet av Emne: NYTT: Norske i britisk fotball  (Lest 40301 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

kjelvi

Re: NYTT: Norske i britisk fotball
« Svar #30 på: Mars 03, 2007, 00:45:42 »

NO REGRETS OVER FULHAM MOVE - CAREW

Aston Villa striker John Carew insists he has no regrets about the collapse of an £8million move to Fulham as he strives to show the Cottagers what they have missed for the last five years in Saturday's Barclays Premiership clash.
Carew was poised to move from Valencia to Fulham in January 2002, with a fee agreed between managers Jean Tigana and Rafael Benitez as well as personal terms with the player.
But then Fulham issued a statement insisting the player had failed a medical - a claim vehemently denied by Valencia who were adamant Carew was fine and believed it was a bid to try to lower the asking price.
It was a blow at the time for Carew but he quickly realised he would have been "stupid" to swap a team who had reached the 2001 Champions League final for a club "that wasn't even close" to the quality of Valencia.
Carew, who moved from Lyon to Villa in January, admitted: "I almost joined Fulham in 2002 - but I'm happy I didn't. It was close to happening and I'm not really sure what happened.
"I went back to Valencia and had a very good season so it definitely worked out better for me. I would definitely prefer Valencia to Fulham. I'm glad I didn't go there
"I spoke to the Fulham manager. I was playing for one of the top five teams in Europe so it was a special situation that I was interested to go there.
"But after one month I thought how could I be so stupid to go from a Champions League team to a side that wasn't even close to that quality in Fulham.
"I played in the Champions League after and did well and had a very good season. It was more after two months that I thought 'what was I thinking about?' in terms of moving to Fulham."
There were suggestions that a suspect knee was the cause of Fulham's concern but this is rejected by Carew.
He said: "I don't really have a problem with my knee. If I had a problem I wouldn't be playing now, some five years later."
Carew admitted: "I had some other opportunities before Villa to come to England. Maybe I could have come here four or five years ago.
"But at the time I was 22. I am much more experienced now. It's a very hard league and a very competitive league to come into, maybe the most competitive one in the world, so it's good for me to come now. "
Carew has formed an impressive partnership with Ashley Young despite the pair being on the losing side in two of their three matches together against Newcastle and Reading.
He said: "Ashley is a big talent with a great future. He's going to be a great player, a very important player for Aston Villa in the years to come. Everybody is very happy that he's here.
"He's a very intelligent player. He's got a lot of football in his head and we've been finding each other very well and working together well. I hope we can continue that and get even better."
Villa will be returning to action after a three-week break and will be sidelined for another 11 days after the trip to Craven Cottage but manager Martin O'Neill knows they have only themselves to blame for such inactivity.
He said: "It is bizarre to go three weeks without a game, then have another 11-day break, then play two games in four days and then have another fortnight off.
"But the bottom line is if we had been more successful in the cup competitions then we wouldn't have such elongated spells without playing so that is down to us.
"Fulham will provide a tough test and it is important we begin games well and stop conceding early goals which leave us with an uphill task."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/07/03/02/SOCCER_Villa_Nightlead.html
« Siste redigering: Mars 03, 2007, 00:46:35 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #31 på: Mars 03, 2007, 16:01:16 »
Nå er det John Arne Riise som er 'tema' i Guardians fotomotasje-konkurranse.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/gallery/slideshow/0,,2023498,00.html

Her er alle galleriene (mye morsomt!): http://football.guardian.co.uk/thegallery/
Egne gallerier med bl.a. Dennis Wise, Mark Viduka, Paul Robsinson, Alan Smith, Judas Ferdinand, Harry Kewell, Ken Bates, Peter Ridsdale, David O'Leary, Lee Bowyer, Robbie Fowler, Aidy Bootheroyd, Howard Wilkinson, Carlton Palmer, Terry Venables, David Seaman (jepp - en av våre ex-players) og Gordon Strachan.

« Siste redigering: Mars 03, 2007, 16:09:55 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #32 på: Mars 04, 2007, 15:02:54 »
Sunderland target Man Utd pair Solskjaer, O'Shea

Manchester United pair Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and John O'Shea are summer targets for Sunderland boss Roy Keane.
The News of the World says Keane will be handed a massive £25 million to spend in the summer should his team win promotion.
And Keane's former Manchester United team-mates O'Shea and Solskjaer are top targets. Spurs striker Robbie Keane, Celtic midfield man Thomas Gravesen and Liverpool forward Craig Bellamy are also on the hitlist.
Chairman Niall Quinn has announced a new kit deal with Umbro and is looking to find new sponsors with Reg Vardy pulling out this year.
The Black Cats are also in negotiations to sign a multi-million pound deal with brewers Guinness.
A Sunderland source revealed: "Niall has been busy trying to tie up a few deals which will be of a massive benefit.
"He and his backers have promised Roy around £25m. They're serious about taking Sunderland to the top.

kjelvi

« Svar #33 på: Mars 04, 2007, 18:20:14 »

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez will make a concerted effort to lure Morten Gamst Pedersen from Blackburn in the summer. (The People)

kjelvi

« Svar #34 på: Mars 13, 2007, 18:45:07 »
Carew: I'll add to Gunners woe

JOHN CAREW is promising to pile on the agony for Arsenal tomorrow — again.
The Norwegian striker netted the winner for Valencia against Arsene Wenger’s side in a Champions League quarter-final in 2001.
Now he is looking to fire new club Aston Villa to a home Premiership win over an Arsenal side still reeling from three Cup exits in a fortnight.
Carew has two goals in four games for Villa.
He said: “When I first arrived in January I hadn’t played too much football and had been injured before Christmas.
“But I’m feeling a lot F***er now and am really happy to be here and part of a fantastic group of players.
“Things have started well for me. The Premiership is aggressive and very, very competitive.
"But that’s the way football should be.”

Kilde: http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007110766,00.html

kjelvi

« Svar #35 på: Mars 14, 2007, 15:42:24 »
Villa boss: Carew has Premiership managers rattled

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill has revealed John Carew has the Premiership running scared.
And the spotlight will again be on the 27-year-old tonight when Arsenal visit Villa Park.
Boss O'Neill is delighted with how the 6ft 4in Norwegian has settled in.
He said: "I spoke to Chris Coleman after the Fulham game and it was interesting to hear him speaking about Carew.
"They considered him to be a big enough threat to worry about him all the time. For him to have that sort of effect so early on augurs well for us.
"He's been terrific, has played very well, gelled well with the players and he's become very popular in the dressing room.
"If we are going to stop being just bit-parts in the Premiership, then we are going to have to rely on Carew doing very well. He is definitely a handful."
Carew, nicknamed The Hulk, is currently with his seventh club and has gained a reputation as a footballing gypsy.
But O'Neill added: "I know something has been made of the fact that, despite his quality, he doesn't seem to hang around too often at clubs.
"But I'm hoping the Premiership and Villa trying to improve will be enough incentive for him."

Kilde: http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=32108

kjelvi

« Svar #36 på: Mars 14, 2007, 16:31:29 »
Nordmann (17) debuterte for Wednesday

Oslo-gutten Rocky Lekaj spilte tirsdag sine første minutter i engelske Championship.
17-åringen kom inn som innbytter i det 86. minutt i Sheffield Wednesdays 2-0-seier over Colchester.
Ifølge tippebladet Tips er Lekaj dermed den yngste nordmannen som har spilt i det engelske ligasystemet.
Lyn, Lillestrøm og Vålerenga forsøkte å sikre seg Rocky og broren Leon i fjor, men brødrene valgte Sheffield da klubben ga hele familien mulighet til å bosette seg i den engelske stålbyen.

Per-Stian

« Svar #37 på: Mars 14, 2007, 17:39:08 »
quote:
Originally posted by kjelvi

Nordmann (17) debuterte for Wednesday

Oslo-gutten Rocky Lekaj spilte tirsdag sine første minutter i engelske Championship.
17-åringen kom inn som innbytter i det 86. minutt i Sheffield Wednesdays 2-0-seier over Colchester.
Ifølge tippebladet Tips er Lekaj dermed den yngste nordmannen som har spilt i det engelske ligasystemet.
Lyn, Lillestrøm og Vålerenga forsøkte å sikre seg Rocky og broren Leon i fjor, men brødrene valgte Sheffield da klubben ga hele familien mulighet til å bosette seg i den engelske stålbyen.

Ã…jsann, dette har gått meg hus forbi. Visste ikkje at vi hadde fått ein ny nordmann på øyriket. Faktisk aldri høyrt om han heller!

kjelvi

« Svar #38 på: Mars 16, 2007, 23:20:06 »
Hillsborough-brødrene

SHEFFIELD: Fremtiden i Sheffield Wednesday er norsk, uansett om klubben blir kjøpt opp eller ikke.

Sheffield Wednesday er en av engelsk fotballs mest anerike klubber. Tirsdag debuterte en norsk 17-åring for klubben.
I fjor sommer pakket hele familien Lekaj sakene sine og flyttet fra Norge til Sheffield. De to eldste sønnene Rocky (17) og Leon (16) hadde fått tilbud fra Sheffield Wednesday.
Tirsdag kom muligheten Rocky har drømt om, men ikke hadde tort å tro på skulle komme helt ennå. Han ble sendt på banen i en A-kamp, i mesterskapsserien.
– Det var sist torsdag jeg ble fortalt at jeg måtte gjøre meg klar, sier Rocky.
Han var med i troppen til lørdagens kamp mot Queens Park Rangers i London, men kom ikke innpå.
– Jeg varmet opp, men manageren syntes spillet etter hvert ble for tøft, sier Rocky.
Han har trent med A-laget fast en stund nå. Og nylig gikk manager Brian Laws ut i lokalavisen og lovet både Rocky og supporterne at unggutten skulle få prøve seg.
– Jeg har fått med meg at fansen hadde lyst å få se meg, sier Rocky.

Supporter-ros
Han har klart seg bra på reservelaget, og forventningene er store. Han fikk stående applaus da han ble sendt på banen med fire minutter igjen å spille mot Colchester.
– Manageren sa til meg at han støttet meg, uansett hvordan det ville gå. Det samme gjelder for fansen. De er der jo for å støtte oss, sier han.
For Leon har tiden i England vært vanskeligere.
– Jeg har vært skadet i kneet i syv måneder og måtte gjennom en operasjon, forteller han. I dag er han med når Sheffield Wednesdays U18-lag møter Liverpool. Da spiller Leon forsvar, mens Rocky er på kanten.
– Det har hjulpet oss mye at vi er så jevnaldrende. Som forsvarsspiller hjelper han meg med å fortelle hva som er vanskelig for dem. Samtidig kan jeg fortelle ham hvordan han blir vanskelig å komme forbi, sier Rocky.
Lørdag spiller Wednesday hjemme mot en av storkanonene i divisjonen: Wolverhampton. Og Rocky har fått beskjed om å gjøre være klar til kamp.

Takker familien
Guttene ble oppdaget mens de spilte Nike cup for Grei. Også lagkamerat Magnus Fagerli-Spanthus reiste til Wednesday. Han har senere reist hjem. Savnet av familien ble for sterkt.
– Vi er heldige slik. Det er lettere å komme hjem til familien når dagen på akademiet er slutt, så det er mye takket være dem at det har gått så bra, mener Rocky.
Likevel har det ikke alltid vært enkelt.
– De første månedene var det ikke lett. Vi var ikke gode nok med språket og skjønte ikke alltid hva som ble sagt. Men vi har fått mye hjelp fra klubben og fra naboene, sier Rocky.
For mor Resmie har flyttingene først fra Kosovo til Norge og så videre til England vært omveltninger.
– Men det har gått veldig fint. Jentene spiller tennis, og den minste har allerede vunnet to turneringer, sier hun stolt.
Selvfølgelig var hun på plass da eldstegutten ble den yngste nordmannen som har spilt profesjonell fotball i utlandet.

– Jeg var så spent!
Før Rocky reiste til England, gikk han på NTG i Oslo. Og om han ikke hadde hoppet på tilbudet fra Wednesday, ville han nok spilt for Lyn i dag.
– De ønsket ikke at jeg skulle flytte, og trodde nok at veien til førstelaget skulle være vanskeligere.
Men hadde han trodd at det skulle gå så fort selv?
– Ærlig talt: Nei!

Rocky Lekaj
Født: 12.10.1989
Posisjon: Kant
Klubb: Sheffield Wednesday
Tidligere klubb: Grei
Kontrakt: Til sommeren 2008.

Leon Lekaj
Født: 23.12.1990
Posisjon: forsvar
Klubb: Sheffield Wednesday
Tidligere klubb: Grei
Kontrakt: Tilknyttet Wednesdays akademi.

Hele saken: http://fotball.aftenposten.no/england/article76895.ece
« Siste redigering: Mars 16, 2007, 23:23:07 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #39 på: Mars 17, 2007, 15:50:29 »
Carew takket nei til Liverpool

John Carew kunne spilt for morgendagens seriemotstander Liverpool.
Søndag tar John Carew og Aston Villa imot Liverpools John Arne Riise til dyst på Villa Park. Det kunne skjedd med begge landslags-essene i rødt.
Overfor VG innrømmer nemlig Lørenskog-gutten at han fort kunne endt opp på Anfield.
- Jeg har sagt nei flere ganger. Tottenham og Liverpool har begge prøvd seg to ganger de fire siste årene, bekrefter kraftspissen overfor avisen.
Skal vi tro Carew selv, var en overgang ikke langt fra å materialisere seg.
- Gerrard Houllier (daværende Liverpool-manager) ringte meg. Og Tottenham prøvde i januar i fjor, men jeg var i Lyon og ikke interessert, sier Carew, som stortrives i Aston Villa.
Nå ser han frem til møtet med det som kunne blitt hans nye klubb.
- Vi spilte meget bra mot Arsenal og fortente å vinne. Jeg var trist etterpå, men slik er livet, bekrefter 26-åringen overfor Aston Villas hjemmeside.
Landslagskrangelen med Riise har han også lagt bak seg.
Britiske medier gjør et stort nummer av at de to Premier League-proffene havnet i tottene i Drammen for fire år siden. Carew lar seg imidlertid ikke distrahere.
- Hendelsen med Riise hører fortiden til. Jeg har glemte hele greien. Han er en glimrende spiller, roser Carew.

http://www.nettavisen.no/sport/pl/article937176.ece

kjelvi

« Svar #40 på: Mars 17, 2007, 15:58:40 »
BENITEZ WARY OF CAREW

Rafael Benitez believes his former player John Carew is the danger man confronting Liverpool at Villa Park on Sunday.
The Anfield chief knows all about the much-travelled Norwegian striker, having had him under his wing at Valencia.
Now the giant hit-man has made a big impact with Aston Villa this season, and Benitez is not surprised.
Benitez said: "I know all about John Carew. He is part of a very different Aston Villa now. They have quality in midfield, pace up front and a good team with a good manager who has experience.
"Carew was a very good signing for them. He has pace and is a good player for the English game and Villa. He is good in the air and physically strong to handle the game here."
Benitez knows he will have to contain Carew if Liverpool are to add to their fine record at Villa Park, having been unbeaten on their last five visits.

Mer: http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer_centre/nw_story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/07/03/17/SOCCER_Liverpool_Benitez.html

kjelvi

« Svar #41 på: Mars 18, 2007, 16:27:36 »
West Ham's number one summer target is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. (News of the World)

West Ham want to sign Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in the summer whether or not they are relegated (News of the World)

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=32615
« Siste redigering: Mars 18, 2007, 16:41:39 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #42 på: Mars 18, 2007, 16:31:47 »
Manchester United and Everton are chasing highly-rated Norwegian defender Havard Nordtveit. (The People)

http://www.fkh.no/Default.aspx?folderid=WMN%2F100013&nodelevel=2&docref=WMN%2F100013-MTASHIAB&doc=WWW1.PUB3

kjelvi

« Svar #43 på: Mars 18, 2007, 16:40:10 »
Wigan's Haestad reveals Jewell feedback
Kristofer Haestad has revealed Wigan boss Paul Jewell is taking close interest in how he is settling in England.
On-loan from IK Start, Haestad said: "I thought I had done something wrong when he asked me to come into the office.
"He is not the type who talks much to his players. He said he was very pleased with what I have done. He also praised the attitude that I have tackled things with, although I haven't played that many games.
"He said I will get my chance if I keep working hard."

kjelvi

« Svar #44 på: Mars 18, 2007, 16:41:17 »
Villa's Carew: Riise and I are OK
Aston Villa striker John Carew insists he's now good friends with John Arne Riise, despite knocking out the Liverpool defender while ion national team duty several years ago.
In a Norwegian national team training session a few years ago they fell out while jogging around the pitch. Riise spat on Carew's boots. The giant striker motioned several times for Riise to meet him at one of the stadium exits. A truce was called, but after coming out of the changing room Carew charged on to the coach and knocked out Riise with a number of punches to his chin.
"But we are the best of friends now, it's not an issue, it's behind us a long time," Carew insisted to the Sunday Times.

kjelvi

« Svar #45 på: Mars 20, 2007, 17:44:49 »
Rocky (17) imponerer i Wednesday
Det er ikke så lenge siden Rocky Lekaj spilte juniorfotball for Grei. Forrige tirsdag debuterte han for Sheffield Wednesday mot Colchester i Championship-serien, som er det nest høyeste nivået i England.

Rocky høstet trampeklapp da han entret banen 10 minutter før slutt, skriver Oslo-avisa Groruddalen. 17-åringen var freidig nok til å slå tunnell med sitt første touch på ballen, og fikk mer enn godkjent av manager Brian Laws etter kampen, som Wednesday vant 2-0.

- Hvis jeg kan få spillere av Rockys kaliber involvert i kamper er det bra. Han trenger det med tanke på utviklingen sin. Det er viktig at en sånn spiller får førstelagsfotball. Det var herlig å se at Rocky hang med og fikk løftet supporterne med hvert touch han hadde på ballen, sier han til Sheffield Star, ifølge Groruddalen.

Hele saken: http://www.dagbladet.no/sport/2007/03/20/495571.html

kjelvi

« Svar #46 på: Mars 20, 2007, 17:55:29 »
Arsenal are ready to beat Manchester United to the signing of top young Norwegian defender Havard Nordtveit. (Daily Mirror)

kjelvi

« Svar #47 på: Mars 21, 2007, 18:59:41 »
Carew: I'm a team man
John Carew says he has taken Martin O'Neill's comments that he is not selfish enough as a compliment.
The Norwegian international striker has been hailed by the Aston Villa boss for his recent displays since his January move from Lyon.
He has scored twice in his six appearances and also become a big favourite with the Villa fans.
But O'Neill thinks the former Valencia man could be an even better player if he had a little more self belief.
"I take that as a compliment, because that means that I play for the team," Carew told Dagbladet.no
"As a player I have not changed much. Maybe I should be more egoistic."
Carew also has his sights set on playing in next year's Euro 2008 finals with Norway.
"To play in a big international championship is one of the things I have not experienced yet. I really want to go to the European Championships next year," he added.

Kilde: http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=455931&CPID=8&clid=7&lid=2&title=Carew:+I'm+a+team+man

kjelvi

« Svar #48 på: Mars 23, 2007, 15:52:57 »
CAREW KEEN ON LONG-HAUL
John Carew has vowed to buck the trend of his footballing career and stay at Aston Villa for "maybe three or four years."
Villa became Carew's fourth club in the last three years when he moved from Lyon in a swap deal with Milan Baros in January.
The Norway striker has already played in his native country, Spain, Italy, Turkey and France.
But the 27-year-old is keen to play a major part in the any revival next season under Martin O'Neill, who is set to revamp his squad in the summer with a cluster of new signings.
Carew said: "I would definitely like to stay at Aston Villa for a while. This is definitely not a one-year thing for me with this club.
"I would like to be here for maybe three or four years and be part of what is really happening at Villa. I still have big ambibions and this is a new, interesting team.
"Next season is going to be big for us and I understand that new players will be brought here and that we will be going for Europe.
"I also like the English way of life. There is a good ambience in this country and the people are nice."
Carew has already won over the Villa fans with some all-action performances and netted twice in the home win against West Ham and the draw at Fulham.
He is also confident strike partner Ashley Young will prove his worth to the club once he has settled in following his £8million - potentially rising to £9.65million - move from Watford.
Carew said: "Ashley is very promising, very intelligent, he has got a good football brain, so he will become a great player for sure.
"He is a player you have to give time to, time to settle in, but he will become a very important player for the club."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/07/03/23/SOCCER_Villa.html

kjelvi

« Svar #49 på: Mars 23, 2007, 21:38:50 »
IT HAPPENED TODAY - MARCH 23

The following events happened over the years on March 23:
* 1995: Middlesbrough sign Norwegian striker Jan Aage Fjortoft for £1.3million.

http://home.skysports.com/article.aspx?hlid=456209&id=456209

kjelvi

« Svar #50 på: Mars 24, 2007, 19:22:18 »
Everton ville ha Helstad
Merseyside-klubben prøvde å hente Brann-spissen i januar.
Det var dagen før overgangsvinduet stengte at David Moyes' klubb prøvde å lokke Thorstein Helstad sørover til balløyen. Noe kjøp var imidlertid aldri aktuelt. Blåtrøyene ville låne 29-åringen ut sesongen.

Hele saken: http://www.fxt.no/tippeligaen/brann/article945221.ece

kjelvi

« Svar #51 på: Mars 24, 2007, 19:54:11 »
Aston Villa striker John Carew has been promised the club will launch a summer spending spree to strengthen the squad with Craig Bellamy and Steve Sidwell possible targets. (Daily Star)

kjelvi

« Svar #52 på: Mars 27, 2007, 19:02:11 »
Everton manager David Moyes wants to sign striker Thorstein Helstad from Norwegian side FK Start in the summer. (The Independent)

Brann <--> Start. Ikke så farlig, samme ulla!

lojosang

« Svar #53 på: Mars 27, 2007, 19:29:07 »
Ikke rart overgangen gikk i vasken [:D]

Trenge vel for fakerten  ikkje ha nåken signatur heller eg, vel! [:D]
- Leif Olav

kjelvi

« Svar #54 på: Mars 27, 2007, 21:25:32 »
quote:
Originally posted by lojosang

Ikke rart overgangen gikk i vasken [:D]

Ikke si det.
Solèr selger hva som helst...
Mora si for en tier, rumpa si for 50 øre....

kjelvi

« Svar #55 på: Mars 28, 2007, 15:32:10 »
Arsenal are closing in on a deal for 17-year-old Norweigan defender Havard Nordtveit, though Manchester United are also keen. (Daily Mirror)

kjelvi

« Svar #56 på: April 02, 2007, 15:34:45 »
LATICS RELEASE HAESTAD
Wigan have released Norway international Kristofer Haestad from his loan contract by mutual consent.
Haestad, who only came to the JJB Stadium in January, will now return to his parent club IFK Start.
Latics manager Paul Jewell has been unable to offer the midfielder regular football, but hailed his professionalism during his short spell.
He told the club's official website: "I cannot fault anything in Kristofer's character and commitment, which has always been first class, but I think he found it difficult to adjust to the demands of the Premiership.
"Everyone at the club wishes him all the best for the future."
Haestad was also upbeat about his spell at Wigan and refused to rule out a return to English football in the future.
He said: "I enjoyed coming to England and obviously I'm a bit disappointed.
"But working under Paul Jewell was a good experience for me and I would love to have another chance to come to England in the future."

kjelvi

« Svar #57 på: April 04, 2007, 17:28:32 »
Chelsea trials for Norwegian kid

Chelsea have handed trials to Norwegian Mushaga Joar Bakenga.
The 14 year-old hails from Nationalkamerante and has already had a training spell with Rosenborg.

"We have given the green light for the trial in accordance with his parents. He will probably travel with his father in three weeks' time," club coach Harald Haugan told Tronder Avisa.
"They'll be in London a week, where Mushaga will train with Chelsea's junior team."

tribalfooball.com
-------------------

Blues trial Norwegian starlet

Chelsea have invited 14-year-old Norwegian Mushaga Joar Bakenga for a trial.

The starlet, who currently plays for Nationalkamerante, trained with Norwegian side Rosenborg in the winter.
"We have given the green light for the trial in accordance with his parents. He will probably travel with his father in three weeks' time," club coach Harald Haugan told Tronder Avisa.
"They'll be in London a week, where Mushaga will train with Chelsea's junior team."
The youngster will probably not move to Stamford Bridge permanently as Rosenborg are looking to keep him in Norway.
"For now we have a plan which will mean Mushaga will stay and play junior football for National, and guest play for Rosenborg," Haugan added.
"We believe it's smart if Mushaga waits at least until he starts high school before he says goodbye to his neighbourhood and friends.
"Both the player and his parents have agreed on this plan."

skysports.com
« Siste redigering: April 04, 2007, 17:35:10 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #58 på: April 09, 2007, 22:52:41 »
OLE: I CAN TASTE EURO GLORY OF 1999 AGAIN
OLE Gunnar Solskjaer's instincts have already earned Manchester United Champions League glory once - and he's adamant his side can do it again.
Solskjaer, United's injury-time match-winner in their epic triumph over Bayern Munich in Barcelona eight years ago, believes that United will sweep aside Roma at Old Trafford on Tuesday night to set up a semi-final showdown with their old German adversaries or AC Milan.

Hele saken: http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=ole%2D-i-can-taste-euro-glory-of-1999-again%26method=full%26objectid=18877685%26siteid=98487-name_page.html

kjelvi

« Svar #59 på: April 11, 2007, 08:06:28 »
CAREW CLOSING ON VILLA RETURN
Aston Villa striker John Carew is battling to return for Saturday's Barclays Premiership clash at Middlesbrough but Martin O'Neill has urged his side not to revert to long balls in a bid to exploit the height and power of the Norwegian international

Hele saken: http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/07/04/10/SOCCER_Villa.html