Skrevet av Emne: Developement Squad, dvs Reservelaget....eller U-21  (Lest 651163 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 3 gjester leser dette emnet.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Sv: Developement Squad, dvs Reservelaget....eller U-23
« Svar #540 på: August 13, 2013, 23:14:42 »
Mowatt at it again :)

(McD ønsket veldig gjerne å bruke han i cupe forrige onsdag, men det ble for tight til det da...)

LUFC Official ‏@LUFC  58m 
GOAL Mowatt 88' Terrific free kick. Colwyn Bay 1 #LUFC 1

Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #541 på: August 18, 2013, 15:58:38 »
Klar tale fra Neil Redfearn!

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-sorry-neil-but-you-were-wrong-about-the-academy-redfearn-1-5962711

Leeds United: Sorry Neil, but you were wrong about the Academy – Redfearn
by Phil Hay

Published on the17  August
09:22

Neil Warnock called it a “cancer in the club” but the academy at Thorp Arch can be better described as Leeds United’s heartbeat. Whatever else went wrong during Warnock’s year at the coalface, youth development held its course.

That is not so much an opinion as a fact. Last season United’s Under-18s won their divisional title and the club’s development squad finished third. Every one of Leeds’ second-year scholars received professional contracts – the biggest graduation for almost a decade – and five players made their first appearances in senior squads for competitive games. One of them, Sam Byram, ended the season with multiple player-of-the-year awards.

So for cancerous, read infectious. A youth-team system which suffered and constricted in the leanest of years post 2004 and 2007 has re-established a culture of aspiration and success. There are teenagers queuing up to do what Byram did last season, or to have a go at least. One of them, midfielder Alex Mowatt, was named on the bench for Leeds’ League Cup win over Chesterfield on August 7. He is one of a crowd.

Warnock’s cutting criticism – aimed primarily at the attitude of the academy’s coaching staff who, in aftermath of his sacking, he accused of delighting in poor first-team results – was in no small part an attack on Neil Redfearn.

Redfearn has run the academy since April 2012 and implemented many substantial changes: the introduction of the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP) under which Leeds hold category two status, and a restructuring of the coaching team. He is himself employed as both first-team coach and development squad manager; a conduit between Brian McDermott’s players and the elite young professionals.

Warnock’s comments did not pass Redfearn by. “I don’t know where all that came from,” he says. “It was said after the event and I think that’s happened before.

“I’m not wanting to sound defensive but to take one example, Sam Byram, he came through last season and was player of the year. He won every award going. There’s Tom Lees, Dom Poleon, Chris Dawson and so on. A lot of lads have signed pro deals too. I expect to be judged but all I’m saying is that it doesn’t look bad on that evidence.

“It was one guy’s opinion and I’ve got a lot of respect for Neil because of what he’s done in the game but for me it was the wrong opinion. Good luck to him, he goes and does what he wants to do and I’m concentrating on the job in hand here. If any of that was aimed at me personally then it doesn’t matter. All I want is to do well for Leeds United. I’m not interested in anything else.”

The appointment of Redfearn in a dual capacity was McDermott’s way of stressing his commitment to the academy. Redfearn is largely responsible for managing the group of players who in his words are “bubbling under the surface of the first team” – Mowatt, Dawson, Simon Lenighan, Ross Killock and others.

“Some lads train up with the seniors and some train down with me,” he says. “What that does is expose them to a first-team environment and let them see what’s really involved.

“It’s fine being at the top of the academy and thinking you’re ready but your eyes open when you join in with the first team. The young lads know their place and I think they understand that they’ve got plenty to learn.

“But chances do come. The last 12 months have shown that. Alex Mowatt’s in a rich vein of form at the moment and he’s basically forced his way in. The gaffer’s reached the point where picking him was the right thing to do. Brian’s like me in that respect – we want the kids taking the leap at the point when they’re ready, not before and not too long after.”

United’s Under-18s begin their season at Sheffield United today and the Under-21s, Leeds’ development squad, start away to Barnsley on Monday. The development league term amounts to only 18 matches but Redfearn plans to increase the fixture list to around 40. “Ideally I’d like the spare games to be against top teams,” he says. “We’ll try to target category one clubs if we can.”

For Under-18s coach Richard Naylor, this is his difficult second season. Appointed by Leeds last summer, his crop of players blitzed their division in his first 12 months as coach. The impact made by an ex-Leeds captain encouraged Redfearn to look for other employees with Elland Road links. Leigh Bromby now handles the Under-16s at Thorp Arch and Neil Sullivan, the former Scotland international, has joined the club as academy goalkeeping coach.

“Sometimes things get tired,” Redfearn says. “You need a change and fresh impetus. One of the good things was the advent of the EPPP. It made us look at everything. I’ve totally changed the coaching programme and everything we do is geared around working possession through the three thirds of the pitch. I want the lads to be comfortable on the ball.

“I know Brian well and I know the type of players he likes. I think we can produce them for him. Titles are great but, for me, kids going into the first team equals success. That’s what we’re here for. As much as winning matters, academies aren’t judged on titles.”
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

auren

« Svar #542 på: August 19, 2013, 12:35:55 »
Diouf fra start i dagens kamp mot Barnsley med kick off kl. 14 norsk tid.

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/14ibgm6d2mtgm18da8u21w9kko/title/diouf-set-for-oakwell-trip

Spennende lagoppstilling! Bør gruse de barnslige.

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

kalle_92

• Gjest
« Svar #543 på: August 19, 2013, 14:08:33 »
Samme kamp vises live (!) på youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZLCB0wTNQ4

Her kan du se mange spennende leedsgutter i aksjon.

Blank_File

« Svar #544 på: August 19, 2013, 14:47:05 »
Her er det så håpløst å se på at jeg har gitt opp. Bare brudd og hakk herifra og til glade jul.

Kontakinte

« Svar #545 på: August 19, 2013, 15:48:42 »
Tja, sett 10 min. Ã… 3 Barnsley mål. Her er det ikke mye å hente opp til A-laget

DW

« Svar #546 på: August 19, 2013, 15:56:32 »
Uff!det var kleine greier..

Promotion 2010

« Svar #547 på: September 02, 2013, 20:57:20 »
Noen som ser Leeds Derby i dag?

Pause 1-1

Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

« Svar #548 på: September 02, 2013, 20:59:00 »
Noen som ser Leeds Derby i dag?

Pause 1-1

Mowatt med glimrende frisparkmål, Byram spiller....
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #549 på: September 02, 2013, 21:07:21 »
OK start på andre, Byram ser kvikk ut. Kombinerer bra med Mowatt. Stor sjanse av Dawson, men redning på streken med hælen. OK tempo. Har ikke tid til å se mer. :-)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #550 på: September 02, 2013, 21:15:25 »
Glimrende raid av Byram i fart, spilte vegg med nummer 7 (Dawson?) gikk til dødlinjen og sendte en flott chip inn i feltet over to utrusende forsvarere til Walters som feide ballen i nettet. 2-1 !

Flott spill av Byram, kvalitet!

;D
Min første Leeds-kamp:

auren

« Svar #551 på: September 02, 2013, 22:50:22 »
Nr 7 mener jeg var Mowatt.

You like to move it, move it.
You like to move it, Mowatt

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #555 på: September 10, 2013, 16:28:57 »
http://sabotagetimes.com/reportage/leeds-united-byram-poleon-dawson-can-be-the-backbone-of-prem-return/

Leeds United: Byram, Poleon & Dawson Can Be Backbone Of Prem Return

by Joseph Thrush

It’s been said on many occasions that while the rest of the club was in free fall, Leeds’ Thorpe Arch academy stayed productive...

The truth about Leeds United’s senior squad was summed up pretty succinctly by our 1-0 loss to QPR. Leeds won’t go be in a relegation scrap by any means, but we don’t have the best squad in the division, or even the fourth best. This is not a criticism of our players’ commitment, or even our style of play, just an acceptance of reality. Paul Green is not as good as Joey Barton and Luke Varney is not Troy Deeney. However, Leeds do have one thing that sets us apart from every other Championship Club, and even some in the Premier League, which is the quality of our youth setup.

It’s been said on many occasions that while the rest of the club was in free fall, Leeds’ Thorpe Arch academy stayed productive, spawning future England Internationals Aaron Lennon and James Milner, and Premier League regulars like Jonny Howson and Fabian Delph. The current crop however, is probably the best we’ve had since the Ridsdale era, with Richard Naylor leading the U18 team to a league title last year and securing it in style by defeating Nottingham Forest 7-2 in March. This was an incredible achievement whichever way you spin it, but it was made all the more impressive by the fact that youngsters Byram and Poleon were in the first team and out on loan respectively, and did not feature.

Byram is still the outstanding player of his age group of course, and Mcdermott was quoted in a recent BBC interview as saying the player can play any position on the pitch, an attribute he said reminded him of Steven Gerrard. Skeptics might suggest that he is being a bit insincere here, given Brian’s job is to big up the players at his disposable (although no one told Colin this). Nonetheless, you would assume that he sees something quite special in the youngster to place such heavy expectations on him.

Byram is by no means the only future star on the books however. Potentially just as good is Alex Mowatt, a creative centre-mid with physical presence who captained the U18 squad during their run to the League title. Mowatt recently made his debut for the first team in a League Cup tie against Doncaster in August, and was arguably the best player on the pitch as Leeds won 3-0 against a fellow Championship club. Like Byram before him, observers noted Mowatt’s maturity and good decision making skills, despite his lack of top level experience.

Another obvious pick from Leeds’ current crop of youngsters is Wales U21 international Chris Dawson, who made his first team League debut at the end of last season. A diminuitive, tricky Attacking Midfielder  whose preferred position is behind the striker, Dawson seems tailor made for the modern game. Neil Warnock certainly thought as much, comparing the player to former Leeds favourite ‘Johnny Giles’ in terms of his style of play.

With these three players, and indeed our other talented youngsters however, the worry is simple. Will we be able to hang on to them?

It’s been highly publicized that Sam Byram was targeted by the likes of Everton and Man City during the summer, and Leeds were in many ways lucky that he got injured when he did to scupper any transfer plans. Dawson and Mowatt are for the time being too young and unproven to be a serious target for any Premier League club, but expect Norwich City and co to be sniffing around should they have a run of good games.

With promotion this season likely to be too much of an ask for Brian Mcdermott’s side, there are additional worries that any players we have that do turn out to be good will be out the door before we can see them playing at their full potential in a white shirt. Expensive mediocrities like Pugh, Norris and Tonge are still clogging up the wage bill, and until we shift them it will be difficult to sign quality in the transfer market as well.

Still, every cloud has a silver lining, and it’s partly because our squad isn’t really that good that players like Dawson and Mowatt might have the opportunity to play first team football in the first place. With a decent manager at the helm we know we’re not going down, and equally, while the playoffs are a semi-realistic ambition there won’t be questions asked if we fail to go up in favour of quality teams like QPR and Watford. As such, Leeds are the perfect pressure-free club for them to develop in.

Furthermore, if they do come through, then suddenly our squad looks young, ambitious and strong. From the academy we already have Lees, Byram, White and Poleon. From other clubs, we have Smith, Wattam and Murphy. All of these players are under 25, and only Smith, Lees and Murphy are over 21. Along with proven quality in the form of Mccormack, Austin and Kenny, this represents the nucleus of a team we can build around over the next 4 or 5 years.

Make no mistake though, this also means that we cannot return to the bad old days of being a selling club. This is not to say we should try to hold on to players at any cost, after all losing a player of Byram’s quality to a top club might be inevitable. However, no one would disagree that the kind of selling that happened under Bates wasn’t done effectively, and eventually crushed what was at one point a very promising team.

GFH seem to have taken note so far, and keeping Byram and Mccormack this summer was a very solid start. They will need even more resolve however, if we are to weather the inevitable pain of the next three transfer windows (provided we don’t get promoted this year) and still come out with a team capable of staying in the Premier League. I’m optimistic that with Brian Mc, and a little bit of savvy investment in players, we can do it. With parachute payments getting bigger and bigger however, Leeds simply can’t afford to stay out of the Premier League game for much longer.

In short, it’s now or never.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Trulsaren

« Svar #556 på: September 15, 2013, 15:33:19 »
Veldig reflektert og god lesning. Tar opp mange relevante problemstillinger og bygger, i hvert fall for meg selv, en stor tro og ro på framtiden. Thumbs up!
Some fans have gone from begging for Omar Bogle from Grimsby to being disappointed with Lasogga from Hamburg in 6 months... #lufct

Annesj

« Svar #557 på: September 16, 2013, 14:41:28 »
Kamp mot Birmingham nå med Byram på banen. Birmingham leder 1-0 etter mål av Zigic.
Marching on together
We're gonna see you win (na, na, na, na, na, na)
We are so proud
We shout it out loud
We love you Leeds - Leeds - Leeds

Annesj

« Svar #558 på: September 16, 2013, 14:42:57 »
2-0 Birmingham
Marching on together
We are so proud
We shout it out loud

Leedsfan

« Svar #559 på: September 16, 2013, 14:55:52 »
2-0 Birmingham

Håper ikke Zigic spiller når vi sitter ringside i oktober Annesj..
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Annesj

« Svar #560 på: September 16, 2013, 15:00:06 »
Nei, gud forby  :o Han har vi dårlig erfaring med  ::)
Marching on together
We are so proud
We shout it out loud

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #561 på: September 16, 2013, 16:47:59 »
Byram continues comeback with another 90 minutes

Sam Byram completed another 90 minutes for the development squad as they went down to a 2-0 defeat at Birmingham City on Monday afternoon.

Byram, who celebrates his 20th birthday today, has now made four appearances for the development squad since returning for his hip injury that he suffered in April.

Birmingham spoilt Byram`s birthday as Leeds went down to a 2-0 defeat with both goals coming in the first half. As well as Byram Leeds included David Norris and Ryan Hall in their side.

Nicola Zigic, who makes a habit of scoring against Leeds, gave the hosts the lead inside the opening ten minutes and Akwasi Asante doubled the lead halfway through the half.

Leeds best chance fell to Simon Lenighan who fired over whilst Chris Dawson had a long-range shot saved by the Birmingham goalkeeper.

Team
Grimes, Byram, Killock, Taylor, Denton (Coyle 66), Lenighan, Norris, Hall, Dawson (Stokes 78), Parkin (Cook 60), Walters

Subs not used:
Atkinson, Phillips

Read more: http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=332427&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz2f4EAxkq6
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #562 på: Oktober 22, 2013, 14:41:54 »
Er det kamp i dag?

Sitat
See Zaluikas and another trialist are playing in a back 3 for the development squad. International clearance had to be obtained for Zaluikas to play. Would Club have gone through this is if there wasn't good chance he is going to sign? Looks like BM intends to stick with back 3 formation and is looking to bring in central defenders to provide sufficient cover to play the system?

Sitat
Luis morrison derbishire is the other defender playing today try gettin his name on your shirt haha .Hes played at stevenage and wrexham .Leeds winning 2-0 at half time hunt with both goals .
 Got to agree please please please can we have shane long a striker fit to wear our no9 shirt .

Maybeeeeee.....  ;)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Annesj

« Svar #563 på: Oktober 22, 2013, 14:44:48 »
Kampen ferdig. 3-3 med hatrick av Hunt  :)
Marching on together
We are so proud
We shout it out loud

Promotion 2010

« Svar #564 på: Oktober 22, 2013, 14:45:38 »
Luis Morrison-Derbyshire undergoes a trial at the club.

The 19 year-old centre back has had a relatively interesting career thus far, having played in the Finnish Second Division for FC YPA, having left Stevenage as an apprentice. The centre back is already taking part in today’s development squad fixture against Sheffield Wednesday, which the Leeds Under-21s currently lead 2-0 after a brace by Noel Hunt.

http://www.thesquareball.net/2013/10/22/luis-morrison-derbyshire-has-trial-with-leeds-zaliukas-plays-in-u-21-fixture/
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #566 på: Oktober 29, 2013, 20:39:47 »
Kamp mot Aston Villa U21 nu (live via youtube), mest interessant er kanskje midtforsvaret:

United: Cairns, Coyle, Bryan, Zaliukas, Coker, Pugh, Purver, Phillips, Dawson, Poleon, Varney. Subs: Atkinson, Denton, Parkin, Walters, Cook.

@LUFC: Former Aston Villa defender Richard Bryan is training with the club and will play for the Development Squad at Barnsley tonight (7pm) #lufc

Sitat
Centre-back, Irish, 19. Played in the Irish youth sides.

Last played for Hinckley United in the Conf North as a sub.

Richard Bryan

Age 19, Central Defender
•Previous Clubs:
Aston Villa

•Biography:
Bryan re-signed for Hinckley United in the summer of 2013, he originally signed for Hinckley United in August 2012 after being released by Aston Villa, but was released in October 2012. He had progressed through Villa's Academy and represented Ireland at U16 and U17 level."

Poleon har forresten nettopp brent en straffe :(
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #567 på: Oktober 29, 2013, 21:38:06 »
Kamp mot Aston Villa U21 nu (live via youtube), mest interessant er kanskje midtforsvaret:

United: Cairns, Coyle, Bryan, Zaliukas, Coker, Pugh, Purver, Phillips, Dawson, Poleon, Varney. Subs: Atkinson, Denton, Parkin, Walters, Cook.

@LUFC: Former Aston Villa defender Richard Bryan is training with the club and will play for the Development Squad at Barnsley tonight (7pm) #lufc

Sitat
Centre-back, Irish, 19. Played in the Irish youth sides.

Last played for Hinckley United in the Conf North as a sub.

Richard Bryan

Age 19, Central Defender
•Previous Clubs:
Aston Villa

•Biography:
Bryan re-signed for Hinckley United in the summer of 2013, he originally signed for Hinckley United in August 2012 after being released by Aston Villa, but was released in October 2012. He had progressed through Villa's Academy and represented Ireland at U16 and U17 level."

Poleon har forresten nettopp brent en straffe :(

Barnsley evt Aston Villa er vel ett fett da

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #568 på: Oktober 29, 2013, 21:42:20 »

Hehe, ble så fokusert på AV-bakgrunnen ril denne Bryant ;)

De har snudd 1-2 til 3-2 nå, Zaliukas :)
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #569 på: Oktober 30, 2013, 08:31:44 »

Hehe, ble så fokusert på AV-bakgrunnen ril denne Bryant ;)

De har snudd 1-2 til 3-2 nå, Zaliukas :)

...det ble altså 4-3 til Barnsley, like før slutten av 2.ekstraomgang - og det var en defensiv kollaps som forårsaket det...
Keeper Cairns var visst at foult ved to av målene

Her er en refleksjon fra en tilskuer - via Facebook
Sitat
Reflecting back to last nights under 21 development squads 3-4 cup defeat by Barnsley at Oakwell.
Of the team who finished the game and were the better team in extra time,only to be undone by poor defending on a freekick at the last whistle.
Coyle the captain on the night at right back is still an under 18,all the midfield are all eligible for the 18s this season,Phillips 17,Purver17,Cook16,and Denton just turned 18.While up front Walters is gone 18,albeit too old for the 18s this time round.So we finished the game with 6 players under the age of 18.
On a more sober thought,Dawson is a worry,he isnt the player he was last season,the long injury hasnt helped his progress and seems too easily knocked off the ball,Poleon missed a number of chances last night and doubts still surround whether he can cut it on the main stage,and Cairns in goal had a very poor game,never commanded his goal area all night and was at fault for at least 3 of their goals.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan