Skrevet av Emne: Radebe på vei tilbake  (Lest 10681 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

lojosang

Sv: Radebe sliter ikke lenger?
« Svar #30 på: Januar 30, 2009, 00:18:24 »
Kanskje på tide å gjøre om topicen på denne tråden nå....får hjerte i halsen hver gang jeg ser den.. ;)

Stå på Lucas

MOT

8) 8) 8) 8)

Tenkte akkurat det samme. Forlsag til ny emnetittel mottas uten takk.  :D
- Leif Olav

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Sv:Radebe on the way back :)
« Svar #31 på: Februar 01, 2009, 11:19:26 »
Fra Bates' notes i programbladet:

just reading bates programme notes and he says the chief is planning to be a special guest at the leeds v swindon match on march14th and could also be returning to live in his adopted west yorkshire.... true legend
« Siste redigering: Februar 01, 2009, 11:21:09 av Asbjørn »
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

samadhi

Sv: Radebe
« Svar #32 på: Februar 23, 2009, 14:44:28 »
Noen som så pauseinnslaget i kampen Man Utd - Blackburn i helga?

I Premiermagazinet som gikk da var det en reportasjoe om Lucas Radebe under kategorien Cult Heroes. Morsom innslag med intervju og klipp fra Leeds karrieren hans.

Skulle hatt en sånn leder i Leeds forsvaret i dag også  :o
« Siste redigering: Februar 23, 2009, 17:19:30 av Asbjørn »
marching on together,
derudaf forever...

isak

« Svar #33 på: Februar 23, 2009, 14:53:13 »

I Premiermagazinet som gikk da var det en reportasjoe om Lucas Radebe under kategorien Cult Heroes. Morsom innslag med intervju og klipp fra Leeds karrieren hans.

Såg det eg og.  :) Ganske so artig.
« Siste redigering: Februar 23, 2009, 17:19:45 av Asbjørn »

Førde

« Svar #34 på: Februar 23, 2009, 16:59:33 »

Såg det eg og.  :) Ganske so artig.

Fikk med meg de eg og ! blei Overraske og glad for og se innslaget :)
Marchning on Together!
« Siste redigering: Februar 23, 2009, 17:19:59 av Asbjørn »
Marching On Together

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #35 på: Februar 23, 2009, 17:21:34 »
...nå har jeg gått runden og Edith tittelen (Radebe sliter).  Som mange andre får jeg halvveis hjerteattakk når jeg ser den tittelen.

Forhåpentligvis peker pilen fortsatt rett veg i returen hans :)

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Pettersen97

« Svar #36 på: Februar 23, 2009, 17:52:14 »
Likte det innslaget æ åsså :)
Triveli å se The Chief igjænn..
« Siste redigering: Februar 23, 2009, 18:57:05 av Asbjørn »
The Mighty Whites

kjelvi

Sv: Radebe på vei tilbake
« Svar #37 på: Mars 09, 2009, 16:56:48 »
Radebe postpones Leeds trip after dad dies

Leeds United hero Lucas Radebe was today mourning the loss of his father.
Johannes Radebe, 72, died at the weekend after a long battle against prostate cancer, it has been announced.
His passing came just five months after the former United skipper's 34-year-old wife, Feziwe, lost her fight against bowel cancer.
Radebe's planned visit to Leeds later this week has now been postponed until later in the year.
The 39-year-old South African was due at a dinner in his honour at United's Elland Road ground on Friday.
He was also scheduled to attend Leeds's home game against Swindon Town the following day.
United said the dinner had been re-arranged for Friday, May 15.
A spokesman said the club sent its "sincere condolences" to Radebe and his family.

YEP

Per-Stian

« Svar #38 på: Mars 09, 2009, 17:42:46 »
Stakkars, stakkars Radebe. Det er ikkje måte på kor grusomt ulukka rammar familien hans. Eg får verkeleg vondt på hans vegne. Han fortenar så mykje, mykje betre...

auren

« Svar #39 på: Mars 09, 2009, 17:51:25 »
Dette var trist å lese. Trodde Lucas hadde opplevd nok smerte det siste året, men den gang ei.

Stakkar mann!

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Sv: Radebe -intervju
« Svar #40 på: November 10, 2009, 17:44:31 »
Intervju med Lucas. Han er visst George Graham long lost son :)  Ellers trekker han frem Nigel Martyn blant alle sine gamle team mates.

http://www.sport.co.uk/features/Football/739/Sportcouk_meetsLucas_Radebe.aspx

Sport.co.uk caught up with legendary Leeds United centre-back Lucas Radebe at the World Travel Market at London ExCel, where he was appearing as South Africa Tourism’s ambassador for the FIFA 2010 World Cup. A good choice he is too as, aside from being one of Leeds’ favourite sons to this day, he is an absolutely delightful bloke…

- merkelig hvor mange uavhengige som trekker frem dette, uoppfordret. Skjønt, det er gjerne merkelig det ikke er...

When you were growing up in South Africa, could you ever have envisaged that one day you’d become one of the country’s most capped footballers of all time?

LR: To be honest, we never grew up knowing what we were going to do, especially during the Apartheid days. We were confined to a small space in Soweto so we didn’t have any exposure to international football or international events. Football was just a hobby; [we played with] any piece of rag we could find just to play the game. It’s a god-given talent, to be honest. As time went on, especially [once we had] our democracy, I think that’s when everything opened up for us. Talent was being scouted overseas and there were opportunities. We were representing the country. It was tough, but Apartheid moulded us nicely, moulded the character that we have.

You started out as a goalkeeper. How hard was it to make the transition first to midfield and then to defence?

LR: It wasn’t hard because I was enjoying the game. When I started being a goalkeeper, I think it was one of the teams that said “no, we don’t have a goalkeeper” and I was there thinking “let me just go in goal.” I was never really regarded as a goalie but I went in goal and did well and, after that, I got kicked in the face. That’s when I changed! I lost my teeth, my tongue was cut and my nose…so I was out for about three months. Then I realised that it’s so dangerous to be a ‘keeper so I started playing midfield and defence, and that’s where I excelled.

What was it like to go from someone trying to shoot you dead [while playing for Kaizer Chiefs in 1991] to captaining a Premier League team?

LR: It was tough, because it was my first experience of international football, especially my first trip out of South Africa to England which, to be honest, I didn’t know anything about. I didn’t know anything about Leeds; I didn’t know what to expect or what kind of club it is, but I knew it was a Premier League team and I really appreciated the opportunity. In South Africa we were just part-time footballers, so it was hard to acclimatise, not only to the game but also to the weather conditions, to settle. I was always homesick but Phil [Masinga, the South African forward who joined Leeds at the same time as Radebe] and I really appreciated the opportunity and we thought that we might as well fail having tried than having not tried. We had a transition when George Graham came in and gave me the captaincy for pure hard work, and I just wanted to do the best I can and give a hundred per cent commitment to the club.

Sport.co.uk had a great chat with George Graham the other week. What would you say to him if you saw him now?

LR: I’d like to say thank you for the opportunity because he’s one of the best… actually, he is the best coach that I ever worked under. He’s one of the coaches that made me who I am, especially as a defender. We had a great relationship; I know most of the players said I was a long, lost son of George! But I really enjoyed working under George and he shouldn’t have left Leeds [when he did].

How frustrating were the injuries you suffered just as Leeds were emerging as a force in English football?

LR: It was really frustrating because it wasn’t small injuries; it was major injuries where I’d miss the whole season or [at least] a few good months, especially when the club were at the stage where they were in Europe and challenging for the league. So it’s hard to go in every day when you’re sitting and looking at the players playing or training and you are in the treatment room. You always want to come back early but it is important to make a comeback when you are right. You have to follow instructions and make sure that, when you come back, you come back stronger than before.

Your nickname is The Chief, and your name still reverberates around Elland Road to this day…

LR: That’s amazing! I wonder, what did I do? (Laughs)

What was the proudest moment of your playing career?

LR: My testimonial. I wanted a testimonial game where they showed respect, because we don’t know what impact we make on people [when we’re] on the field of play, but you see after. It was a great opportunity for me to say thanks to the fans as well, for making my dream come true to play at the highest level. I know we didn’t win any silverware but we took the club to the highest level.

Your testimonial match was the highest attendance of that season, wasn’t it?

LR: It was! I mean, that shows what they think of me as a player because, to be honest, I was not only involved on the field of play but also outside the field of play with different projects in the community.

You’re a great ambassador for the game and you have put a lot back into it. How proud are you now to see the World Cup going to South Africa next year?

LR: I’m jealous that I’m not going to be part of the playing staff! But I’m very proud because, as a pro, that’s where you want to play; you want to play football at the highest level against the best in the world. Back in our grounds in Soweto, it makes us proud to be given the responsibility of organizing it. I think we deserve it, with the achievements we have through the years.

I’m an Everton supporter…

LR: (Cheerfully) The Toffees!

…what do you think of Steven Pienaar?

LR: He’s the best player we have. Absolutely brilliant. I think we’re banking on him to get the team together and to make a difference. We want more of Steve Pienaar; he’s an example to most of the youngsters back home.

Do you support England’s bid for the 2018 World Cup?

LR: Absolutely. The atmosphere is electric and they’ve got great facilities. I mean, this is the home of football; it’s a religion here. People [in England] support not only teams but they support the game, so you can imagine having the World Cup here. It’s already a success before it could be hosted by England. The people are friendly. [When I was at Leeds], there was Bradford and Huddersfield where the accent is different but it’s the same language. It’s absolutely fantastic and I had a great time. Whoever experiences that will never forget it.

Who was the best player you ever played against?

LR: Alan Shearer. Very difficult player, you know, with the referee on his side (laughs). For us, it was a pain every time we were playing against him, trying to stop him. Unfortunately, he was scoring each and every time he came to Elland Road! So it was a task to stop him but, at the end of the day, we’d watch him for most of the game and he’d get a goal by the end of it. He was absolutely brilliant; he was watching all the moves, to position himself.

Was he always full of nasty digs, knocks and niggling elbows?

LR: He was, to be hounest, and he was always getting attention from the referee, all the decisions going his way! But he was a great player and he brought the best out of us defenders because we wanted to stop him. He’s a legend and he was the model pro, to the youngsters and to his fellow players.

Who was the best player you ever played with?

LR: There’s a few, [like] Gordon Strachan, but I think it mainly was Nigel Martyn. Absolute gentleman, and I think an inspiration to the team leading from the back. He was like a big brother to all of us, always guiding us. He was an absolutely brilliant ‘keeper and it’s a shame that England never really gave him the chance when he was still in his prime.

Leeds are going well at the top of League One. Are they on the way back?

LR: Yes, absolutely. I think they deserve to get up again. It’s a massive club with a great support; you can see that with their support at the moment, [which brings higher attendances than] some teams in the upper divisions. They deserve to come up. It was sad to see them going down but I think that now they are working their way up. They’re showing great signs of recovery and surely they will very soon be in the Premier League again.

Do you manage to go to any games?

LR: I would love to if I’m able to, hopefully next season when they are playing in the Championship! I would love to be there cheering them on for the first game, even if I don’t know any of the players now because everybody’s gone. But at least Leeds is still there and I really appreciate what they’ve done for me.

And, finally, what does the future hold for Lucas Radebe?

LR: I’ve always said that I want to give back to our country, whether it’s in terms of football or development: that’s what I want to do, because they gave me the opportunity. They lifted me up to be where I am today and I’ll show after the World Cup when I get involved in the game and help give a chance to those who’ve got dreams and ambitions about playing abroad at the highest level. I will do not club level coaching but international coaching, of the technical aspect of the game.

Lucas Radebe, thank you.

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Sheridan

« Svar #41 på: November 10, 2009, 19:33:04 »
Veldig godt å høre fra THE CHIEF igjen!
En Hedersmann!

Tom S

« Svar #42 på: November 10, 2009, 19:50:34 »
LEGENDE!
COME ON LEEDS !!

Budda

« Svar #43 på: November 10, 2009, 20:02:19 »
Legende! En av mine store Leedshelter
Endre

Trond90

« Svar #44 på: November 11, 2009, 00:18:16 »
Levende LEGENDE!!
We are Leeds, We are Proud, Standing up, Singing loud,
and there's nothing you can do against the Yellow Whites and Blue!

Milou

« Svar #45 på: November 11, 2009, 07:03:16 »
Takk for linken til dette intervjuet. Viss heidersmann nokon sinne skal tas i bruk må det vera om Lucas R. Mykje interessant lesnad på Wikipedia også:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucas_Radebe

Likte godt Radebeer  :D.

soumoh

We'll be back.

Tom S

Sv: Once a Leeds, always a Leeds
« Svar #47 på: November 11, 2009, 19:42:06 »
Denne kan godt plasseres her:
http://www.leedsunited.no/forum/index.php?topic=11562.0
(ikkje sant ASbjørn?)

Men, for all del - LUCAS ER LEGENDE!
COME ON LEEDS !!

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #48 på: November 11, 2009, 20:21:11 »
Denne kan godt plasseres her:
http://www.leedsunited.no/forum/index.php?topic=11562.0
(ikkje sant ASbjørn?)

Enig med deg. En tråd pr spiller holder lenge :)

...for øvrig er også denne reportasjen hentet fra 'originalintervjuet' som ble postet i går.

PS! For øvrig er Lucas en legende, ja :)
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Budda

« Svar #49 på: November 22, 2009, 12:31:27 »
Dette ryktet passer godt med tittelen:

Radebe lined up for sensational Leeds return
22.11.09 | tribalfootball.com
Lucas Radebe is being lined up for a sensational return to Leeds United.

The Mail on Sunday says Radebe could return to Leeds as a coach in their youth academy.

The former centre-half had talks recently with chairman Ken Bates but is still recovering from the death of his wife, Feziwe Faith, from cancer last year and judged it the wrong time to move his children from their schools in Johannesburg.

However, Radebe is keen to return to Leeds and complete his coaching badges.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/radebe-lined-sensational-leeds-return-460581
Endre

sviper

« Svar #50 på: November 22, 2009, 13:09:57 »

om Radebe kommer tilbake til Leeds for å gjøre en jobb som leder/trener for de unge lovende så vil det være enda ett skritt i riktig retning(mot PL)ikke sant Budda?
tror og at dette vil vere en sak som 99.99%av forumets brukere vil vere samstemte i ;)er nok litt uenigheter om mye her inne,men dette vil nok vere en av de saker vi kan ganske så enige om her inne :)
LIFE IS LEEDS

rober

« Svar #51 på: November 22, 2009, 13:11:52 »
Dette ryktet passer godt med tittelen:

Radebe lined up for sensational Leeds return
22.11.09 | tribalfootball.com
Lucas Radebe is being lined up for a sensational return to Leeds United.

The Mail on Sunday says Radebe could return to Leeds as a coach in their youth academy.

The former centre-half had talks recently with chairman Ken Bates but is still recovering from the death of his wife, Feziwe Faith, from cancer last year and judged it the wrong time to move his children from their schools in Johannesburg.

However, Radebe is keen to return to Leeds and complete his coaching badges.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/radebe-lined-sensational-leeds-return-460581

Håper det er tilfelle. Etter alt han har kjempet seg igjennom, hadde det vært flott og sett han tilbake i Leeds.

Budda

« Svar #52 på: November 22, 2009, 13:15:41 »

om Radebe kommer tilbake til Leeds for å gjøre en jobb som leder/trener for de unge lovende så vil det være enda ett skritt i riktig retning(mot PL)ikke sant Budda?
tror og at dette vil vere en sak som 99.99%av forumets brukere vil vere samstemte i ;)er nok litt uenigheter om mye her inne,men dette vil nok vere en av de saker vi kan ganske så enige om her inne :)

Så absolutt, Sviper. Trur Radebe kunne ha gjort en god jobb i ungdomsavdelingen. Er vel også en grei ordning for Radebe, som nok har ambisjoner om å trene på et høyere nivå på lang sikt. Så da kan youth academy være en grei plass å starte.

Kjøpte mer forresten Radebe-dvden her om dagen. Virker som en virkelig trivelig kar.
Endre

fmtj

• Lorimer
  • Vi har kvittet oss med mange spillere nÃ¥...
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #53 på: November 22, 2009, 20:45:43 »

Så absolutt, Sviper. Trur Radebe kunne ha gjort en god jobb i ungdomsavdelingen. Er vel også en grei ordning for Radebe, som nok har ambisjoner om å trene på et høyere nivå på lang sikt. Så da kan youth academy være en grei plass å starte.

Kjøpte mer forresten Radebe-dvden her om dagen. Virker som en virkelig trivelig kar.

Lucas er ikke bare trivelig, men tvers gjennom et skikkelig menneske og en stor idrettsmann. En legende som flere har understreket her og med en popularitet hos fansen som har vært få forunt! Men velfortjent popularitet!
Yeboahs vitne

testo

« Svar #54 på: Juni 10, 2010, 20:47:07 »
Lucas Radebe med barna sine med i VM konsert show idag, morsomt å se han frisk og rask. :)
Leeds United will always have a special place in my heart....and a bunch of men and women who enjoy speed and excitement.
Terje