Skrevet av Emne: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part 8  (Lest 30409 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

kjelvi

Sv: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part 8
« Svar #90 på: Januar 03, 2009, 01:17:58 »
Gavin Rothery på flyttefot igjen.
In addition, City Manager Martin Foyle has decided to release midfielder Gavin Rothery with immediate effect. Rothery will continue to train with City in the short term but his contract will not be renewed and he will be allowed to leave as soon as he can find a new club in the January transfer window. Martin Foyle explained that he was disappointed not to have been able to see Rothery play more games but wants to extend the loan deal of midfielder Adam Smith as well as pursuing other possible signings in January.

Gav prøver seg i Carlisle United
http://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10361~1506644,00.html

kjelvi

« Svar #91 på: Januar 03, 2009, 02:43:41 »
* Inter Milan midfielder Oliver Dacourt is keen on a move to Bolton. (The Sun)
* Olivier Dacourt is desperately trying to engineer a move form Inter Milan to Bolton. (The Sun)

Tottenham Hotspur are among the Barclays Premier League clubs to have expressed interest in Olivier Dacourt. The midfield player is available on a free transfer from Inter Milan, but at 34, he would likely be a short-term solution to Tottenham's requirement for a combative player. Dacourt played for Everton ten years ago and spent three years at Leeds United.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article5435656.ece

kjelvi

« Svar #92 på: Januar 03, 2009, 16:09:31 »
Where are they now: Imre Varadi

For someone who was nothing other than a ball of energy in his playing days, the frenetic world of the transfer window is just taylor-made for Imre Varadi.
The one-time Whites striker's 'second' footballing career is equally as cut and thrust as his first, when the London-born forward endeared himself to a host of clubs up 'north' from Leeds to Everton and Newcastle to Sheffield Wednesday with his sheer graft and appetite for the game.
A players' agent since 2000, the mobile phone line of Sheffield-based Varadi, now 49, will be white-hot for the next four weeks during the scrum that is the January transfer window, while his car will also be clocking the miles on the UK motorway network.
The carbon 'footprint' of Varadi – whose father was Hungarian and his mother Italian – will also extend to Europe as he attempts to broker deals for clients across the continent before the window closes for business on January 31. So don't expect him to come up for air this month.
On his agency work, Varadi – who played at Elland Road under footballing mentor Howard Wilkinson from February 1990 to March 1993 – said: "I absolutely love it, on a day to day basis. Obviously the transfer window is now open and I'm talking to managers every day, players and coaches and am totally involved in football seven days a week, which is fantastic.
"I work for a company called Stellar Group Ltd, based in London and I travel all over Europe now and we've got a lot of famous clients – I don't really want to say who they are, but they are Premiership players, put it that way!
"I'm always up at Leeds, I've got players I look after there and I deal with the club regarding contracts and what not.
"We've got players at every football club in the UK, so you can imagine how busy it is at this time of year!"
Varadi's ports of call in his playing career were frequent, with his odyssey encompassing 13 professional clubs, after starting out his footballing life in the backwaters of Letchworth Garden City.
Varadi – whose first stopping off point was Bramall Lane – gave distinguished service to all and while his stint with the Whites was brief in terms of games played, it was memorable nevertheless.
And Elland Road was very much a home from home for Varadi, with former Sheffield Wednesday team-mates Mel Sterland, Carl Shutt, Lee Chapman, John Pearson and Glynn Snodin part of a sizeable Owls 'mafia' in West Yorkshire when he arrived – with his former Hillsborough chief Howard Wilkinson piloting operations.
Injuries to Bobby Davison and Shutt prompted Wilkinson to sign Varadi for a third time in the winter of 1990, with Leeds pitted in an intense battle for automatic promotion with Newcastle and Sheffield United, two of Varadi's former clubs.
Varadi helped keep the wheels of the promotion bandwagon fully intact with some valuable cameos, doing enough to earn himself a Championship medal in the process.
In total, the much-travelled frontman – then into his 30s – featured just 29 times in three seasons at Elland Road, but fully enjoyed the gloss applied to his career at United, the last 'major' club he represented before drifting into the lower and non-leagues.
For his part, Varadi was just glad that Wilkinson came calling again to bring him the short hop up the M1, with his old boss having left Sheffield Wednesday for Leeds shortly after re-signing him in the autumn of 1988.
On heading to Leeds, at the age of 30, Varadi said: "It was a bit of a surprise. When I went from Manchester City to Sheffield Wednesday for the second time, Howard brought me back and I'd heard all the rumours about him going to Leeds and he said "I'm not going to Leeds, no way!" and that they are just rumours.
"Within seven days of signing, Howard had gone to Leeds! But luckily I ended up joining him there and he hadn't forgotten about me.
"Howard was always a mentor to me and I still speak to him a lot and he's a great guy. I don't think he's been given the credit by the pundits that he deserved during his career and especially at Leeds where he won two championships and was the last Englishman to win the first division.
"Some see him as dour, but not among all the ex-Leeds players and many others.
"Deep down, he's a really funny guy – maybe to media folk, he's just not a great personally on camera. But behind all that, he's a terrific guy who is good company, really bright and a great coach and man-manager.
"He created a fantastic dressing room at Leeds. We worked hard and certainly played hard and there was a fantastic team spirit.
"We had some truly great players such as Gordon Strachan and there was a real togetherness and some real characters like Eric Cantona and Vinnie (Jones).
"Howard did sell Vinnie after we went up, which was a bit of a surprise. But he got what he wanted from Vinnie and having got promotion, went for the likes of Gary McAllister who had that little bit of quality.
"I still keep in touch with all the old Leeds lads and many were there at Mel Sterland's book launch dinner about six weeks ago. Chris Fairclough and Chris Whyte were there, along with Jon Newsome and Mickey Thomas came along and we all see each other on the circuit.
"My time at Leeds was fantastic, to be honest. It was a great time at the club and I've some fond memories. I won a second division championship medal.
"I'm big mates with Mel and we used to travel up every day to Leeds together and had lots of fun with a talented squad.
"There were some good young players such as Batty and Speed and in the year we went up, we had the likes of Bobby Davison, Lee Chapman and Mel.
"I joined in the February of the promotion year in the old second division and things just snowballed. Unfortunately, I did pick up a few injuries and I was also going through a divorce, but still when I look back now, we had some great times.
"I remember playing five or six games when Gordon Strachan got injured and despite not playing that much, I was always in the squad and travelled up and down the country and there were always thousands of Leeds fans following us. We were winning week-in, week-out and you couldn't do anything but really enjoy it.
"There were lots of memorable times. Obviously, there was the Bournemouth game when we clinched promotion.
"There was lots of trouble down there which was a shame. But there were nearly all highs during my time at Leeds.
"After Leeds, I had a few good years at Rotherham and then went into the non-league and was player-manager at Matlock Town and assistant to Mel at Stalybridge before starting my 'second' footballing career."
He added: "I just hope Leeds can get back to where they belong. I was actually with Simon (Grayson) when he was at Leeds and he was a good, steady, honest player. I don't recall him playing a lot of games, but remember the day he went to Leicester and he made a good career for himself, both playing-wise and after.
"I hope he does well. I know Leeds want to strengthen their defence and Gary McAllister wanted to do that when this window opened, but unfortunately didn't get there."
Loved by supporters wherever he went, Varadi's ultimate claim to fame perhaps lies in creating a terrace 'monster', namely the inflatable craze in the late 1980s – helping to put the fun back into the game when hooliganism and Heysel were still deep scars on the soccer landscape.
So while he may not go down in the annals of footballing greats – the name of Imre Varadi will forever be etched into footballing folklore.
Varadi said: "I remember running out at Manchester City and someone threw a banana and just called me 'Imre Banana! It didn't even rhyme with my name and had nothing to do what was down my trousers!
"The inflatable craze just swept the country and there was a banana craze. After that, it was hammers for West Ham fans and canaries for Norwich fans.
"I actually went onto the 'I Love the 70s, 80s and 90s' programme aired on BBC2 (last year) about the banana craze and I still see the odd one at grounds. It's nice to be remembered!"

YEP

Hele Where are they now-serien:
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/custompages/CustomPage.aspx?pageID=76468

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imre_Varadi
http://www.leedsfans.org.uk/leeds/players/453.html
http://www.football-england.com/imre_varadi.html
http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=8115

http://www.stellargroup.co.uk/
http://www.stellargroup.co.uk/personnel.html?cid=2
« Siste redigering: Januar 03, 2009, 16:11:58 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #93 på: Januar 03, 2009, 22:44:16 »
Rangers are close to landing Portsmouth defender Hermann Hreidarsson on a free and also want Sunderland striker David Healy on loan. (The Sun)

Rangers go for Sunderland striker Healy
Rangers are moving for Sunderland striker David Healy.
The Sun says Gers boss Walter Smith hopes to sign the Northern Ireland international on-loan for the remainder of the season.
Sunderland manager Ricky Sbragia insisted last week that Healy had a future on Wearside.

kjelvi

« Svar #94 på: Januar 03, 2009, 22:45:18 »
Hull City boss Phil Brown is lining up a £2m raid for Wigan midfielder Michael Brown, and will also pay the Latics £3m to make Marlon King's loan into a permanent deal. (The Sun)

Hull to wrap up permanent deal for Wigan striker King
Hull City hope to sign permanently striker Marlon King.
King can be signed outright from Wigan for £3 million and the Daily Mail says the Tigers are ready to deal him in this month.

kjelvi

« Svar #95 på: Januar 04, 2009, 12:37:40 »
Fra ryktebørsen foran Januar-vinduet:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/7785570.stm
* Liverpool er hissig på Aaron Lennon
* Tottenham vurderer å selge Aaron Lennon

Aaron Lennon could be leaving Tottenham and the England winger may be on his way to Liverpool if Spain midfielder Xabi Alonso is sold. (Sunday Times)

kjelvi

« Svar #96 på: Januar 04, 2009, 12:38:30 »
Rangers are close to landing Portsmouth defender Hermann Hreidarsson on a free and also want Sunderland striker David Healy on loan. (The Sun)
The Sun says Gers boss Walter Smith hopes to sign the Northern Ireland international on-loan for the remainder of the season.
Sunderland manager Ricky Sbragia insisted last week that Healy had a future on Wearside.

David Healy's agent has played down rumours that the striker will move on-loan to his boyhood favourites Rangers. Reports have suggested that the Sunderland frontman is a target for Walter Smith at Ibrox. (Sunday Mail)

kjelvi

« Svar #97 på: Januar 04, 2009, 18:42:46 »
Foxe will take what he can get at Perth Glory
Former Leeds and West Ham defender Hayden Foxe is prepared to sign a performance-based contract at Perth Glory.
“I want to stay in Perth but I’ve got to be honest. I’ve come back and I’ve played six games last year and two games this year so I can’t argue with whatever the club says,” he said.
“I could be on a pay-as-you-play contract. It depends how they structure it, but I’d be willing to do that."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayden_Foxe
http://www.perthglory.com.au/default.aspx?s=pgfc_playerprofile_item&pid=118

Foxe, Petkovic to be offloaded by Perth Glory
Hayden Foxe and Jason Petkovic are set to be offloaded by Perth Glory at the end of the season.
"It's going to be difficult, probably, to keep Hayden on, in the sense he hasn't played enough games," Glory coach Dave Mitchell said.
"He's been in football all his career, so I think any player that hasn't played enough realises that.
"It's been bitterly disappointing that we haven't had him on the park as much as we would've liked, but that's football."
While a final decision is yet to be made, Mitchell said he also expected Petkovic to go at the end of the season.

kjelvi

« Svar #98 på: Januar 05, 2009, 12:18:20 »
Newcastle are hoping to offload Spanish flops Xisco and Jose Enrique as well as Alan Smith and Charles N'Zogbia. (The Sun)

Derby deny takeover bid rumours 
Derby County chairman of football Adam Pearson says he is treating a newspaper report of a potential hostile takeover by a Saudi Arabian family with disdain.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/d/derby_county/7811098.stm

torivar

• Gjest
« Svar #99 på: Januar 05, 2009, 14:21:34 »
Ser at både Judas Smith og Liar Bowyer visstnok er ønsket bort av sine klubber. På tide de kommer hjem og tar i et tak.

Skulle ønske de begge var blitt så voksne at de såg hvem som skapte formuen deres, og ville gi litt tilbake. På hhv L1 lønn denne våren og ccc lønn neste sesong. Greedy bastards

Torpe-do

« Svar #100 på: Januar 05, 2009, 14:26:46 »
Ser at både Judas Smith og Liar Bowyer visstnok er ønsket bort av sine klubber. På tide de kommer hjem og tar i et tak.

Skulle ønske de begge var blitt så voksne at de såg hvem som skapte formuen deres, og ville gi litt tilbake. På hhv L1 lønn denne våren og ccc lønn neste sesong. Greedy bastards

:-\

Vil gjerne ha dem med tilbake, men deler ikke helt din holdning mot Bowyer og Smith. Dem hadde nok ikke noe valg..

kjelvi

« Svar #101 på: Januar 06, 2009, 08:58:27 »
Transfers - January 2009 
The January transfer window is open and the period for buying and selling has been extended to 1700 GMT on Monday 2 February because 31 January falls on a Saturday.

Geoff Horsfield [unattached - Lincoln]

Anthony Elding [Crewe - Lincoln] Loan

kjelvi

« Svar #102 på: Januar 06, 2009, 09:02:31 »
* AC Milan have joined the chase for Jermaine Pennant, less than a fortnight after the Liverpool winger looked to have missed out on a move to Real Madrid. (Daily Mail)
* AC Milan are offering Jermaine Pennant an escape route from the Anfield wilderness. (The Sun)

fmtj

• Lorimer
  • Vi har kvittet oss med mange spillere nÃ¥...
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #103 på: Januar 06, 2009, 11:17:17 »

:-\

Vil gjerne ha dem med tilbake, men deler ikke helt din holdning mot Bowyer og Smith. Dem hadde nok ikke noe valg..

Tilsammen vil de altså utgjøre spilleren Judas Liar...bør vel ikle seg drakt nr. 666 evt. 13!!!  :P
Yeboahs vitne

kjelvi

« Svar #104 på: Januar 06, 2009, 14:44:26 »
Transfers - January 2009 

Crewe striker leaves on loan
Anthony Elding, a six-figure signing from Leeds United in the summer, has joined Lincoln City on a three-month loan deal
Lincoln manager Peter Jackson told the club website, "Anthony's career has stood still at Leeds and Crewe and I'm hoping he can get himself back on track here at Lincoln City."

kjelvi

« Svar #105 på: Januar 06, 2009, 14:50:46 »
Everton in loan talks for Newcastle striker Smith
Everton are moving for Newcastle United striker Alan Smith.
The Sun says Smith was lined up for a summer move to Goodison before a row blew up over his future that began the end of Kevin Keegan’s reign at St James’ Park.
Smith, 28, was injured soon after the transfer window closed and is still on the comeback trail after ankle surgery.
But Everton chief David Moyes is poised to swoop to solve a striker crisis, with Louis Saha crocked and Yakubu out for the season.

Chicago Fire make offer to Liverpool legend Fowler
Former Liverpool and England striker Robbie Fowler is interesting Chicago Fire.
The People says Fowler's representatives have held talks with the MLS club about a move to the 'States for the new season.
Chicago Fire officials are willing to offer Fowler £6,000-a-week to bring him to the MLS. The experienced forward is a free agent after being released by Blackburn Rovers last month.

kjelvi

« Svar #106 på: Januar 06, 2009, 17:02:11 »
Gavin Rothery på flyttefot igjen.
In addition, City Manager Martin Foyle has decided to release midfielder Gavin Rothery with immediate effect. Rothery will continue to train with City in the short term but his contract will not be renewed and he will be allowed to leave as soon as he can find a new club in the January transfer window. Martin Foyle explained that he was disappointed not to have been able to see Rothery play more games but wants to extend the loan deal of midfielder Adam Smith as well as pursuing other possible signings in January.
Gav prøver seg i Carlisle United
http://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10361~1506644,00.html

Rothery moves on to Harrogate
MORLEY'S former Leeds United player Gavin Rothery has joined Blue Square North League side Harrogate Town after being released by York City.
The attacking midfielder made his debut for his new club on New Year’s Day, but could not prevent them suffering a 1-0 defeat in their local derby at Farsley Celtic.
Rothery, 21, now hopes to keep his place in the side to make his home debut this Saturday when Town, managed by former Leeds United favourite Neil Aspin, take on Burscough.
The former England under 19 international had been hoping to make a go of it at York City, but was released last month after spending two months with the club.
He had been signed by Colin Walker, but following his sacking as manager, the new York boss, Martin Foyle, had a different opinion about a player who came through the Leeds academy only to be hit by injuries at a crucial time in his development.
The former Morley High school pupil made the bench for the first team at Elland Road during Kevin Blackwell’s time as manager, but was frozen out by Dennis Wise and moved on. Following trial spells at Cheltenham and Rotherham, he signed for the Minstermen in October after impressing for the reserves.
His new manager, Aspin, said: “I’d seen him play in the reserves a couple of weeks ago so I knew he could do a job.
“He'd only met the players once but he did really well (against Farsley Celtic). I think it’s an opportunity for him and it’s up to him to take it.”

kjelvi

« Svar #107 på: Januar 06, 2009, 17:41:08 »
McIlroy, Geddis emerge as Cork contenders

Morecambe manager Sammy McIlroy and former Newcastle United and Leeds United coach David Geddis have emerged as candidates for the vacant manager’s position at League of Ireland side Cork City.
City owner Tom Coughlan is seeking to fill the role following the decision to sack Setanta Sports Cup-winning boss Alan Mathews last month.
Former Ireland boss Brian Kerr was linked with the job during the Christmas period but Geddis and McIlroy now look to head the queue for the Turners Cross hotseat.
Geddis, 50, played with Ipswich Town and Aston Villa in the 1970s and ‘80s before turning his attention to coaching, going on to hold backroom roles at Newcastle and Leeds.
McIlroy, meanwhile, rose to prominence as a member of the Manchester United side of the 1970s and won 88 senior caps for Northern Ireland.
He went on to manage the North for a three-year spell before a short stint at Stockport County.
The 54-year-old was appointed boss of Morecambe three years ago and led the Shrimps to the Football League for the first time in their history in 2007.
¨
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Geddis
http://www.leedsutd-mad.co.uk/news/loadfeat.asp?cid=ED94&id=288117
http://www.givemefootball.com/blast-from-the-past/ian-clarkson-speaks-with-david-geddis

http://www.corkcityfc.ie/main.php

kjelvi

« Svar #108 på: Januar 07, 2009, 08:29:43 »
Liverpool ponder £10million Spurs swoop
Liverpool Football Club remain keen on Aaron Lennon.
Rafael Benitez has always been a big admirer of the former Leeds United winger, who has rediscovered his form for Tottenham Hotspur this season.
The Reds were linked with a move for the player during the summer transfer window, and now fresh reports claim an offer of £10million could be on the cards for the England international.
Benitez has said he will not be making any huge additions to his squad during the winter transfer window, but he is sure to move for Lennon should he receive any encouragement.

Mike Ashley is considering a dramatic boardroom reshuffle at Newcastle which could see Dennis Wise lose his high-profile job. (Daily Express)

kjelvi

« Svar #109 på: Januar 07, 2009, 14:52:06 »
£250,000 bid for Carlisle striker turned down - reports
CARLISLE United are reported to have turned down a £250,000 offer from Huddersfield Town for striker Danny Graham.
The hitman, who has netted 13 times already this campaign, is said to have caught the eye of new Town boss Lee Clark in the Cumbrian's 3-0 defeat on Boxing Day.
It is understood Huddersfield Town are the only club so far to have reportedly moved for the striker but local rivals Barnsley, Preston and Swansea are rumoured to have Gateshead-born Graham on their radar.
Carlisle chairman David Allen today confirmed there had been interest in the 23-year-old – who has fired 37 goals in 92 appearances for the Cumbrians – but would not disclose the clubs involved.
Preston, Barnsley, Swansea and Dundee United are also reported to be interested in signing the player.

Swans To Make Move For Carlisle Striker?
http://www.rivals.net/news/pgarticle.aspx?artid=13698_4759608&id=79

Terriers bid for Graham rejected
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/carlisle_united/7815035.stm

Carlisle confirm Graham interest
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_4759326,00.html

Graham Bid Rejected
http://www.terrier-bytes.com/article.html/news/570/070109

The Terriers Bid For Golden Graham
http://www.huddersfield.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=138065

kjelvi

« Svar #110 på: Januar 07, 2009, 14:54:39 »
David Healy's agent has played down rumours that the striker will move on-loan to his boyhood favourites Rangers. Reports have suggested that the Sunderland frontman is a target for Walter Smith at Ibrox. (Sunday Mail)
Agent rejects Healy move report   
David Healy's agent has dismissed a newspaper report that the Northern Ireland striker could be moving from Sunderland to Rangers.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/s/sunderland/7815606.stm

kjelvi

« Svar #111 på: Januar 07, 2009, 21:47:44 »
Gus Poyet: I was never offered Leeds job

Since working at Tottenham as Juande Ramos’ assistant, Gus Poyet has been eager to get back to work, waiting for the right offer to come his way and looking for an opportunity to prove himself as a manager or head coach.
The former Chelsea and Tottenham midfielder has a sharp footballing mind and, according to those who have worked with him, he reads the game exceptionally well. It came as no surprise, therefore, when he was recently considered the favourite to take over the vacant managerial role at Leeds United after Gary McAllister was dismissed by the Elland Road club just before Christmas.
However, with Poyet openly declaring his desire to pursue a managerial career in England, many were shocked when the Uruguayan did not take up the role at Leeds and there was a fair amount of speculation that he had turned down the opportunity to take charge of the club where he previously worked as assistant to Dennis Wise...

“That is not true,” said Gus when I discussed the matter with him and, in the following interview, Poyet makes his position clear, emphasising his desire to work as a manager ‘at the right club, with the best people.’

Poyet:      I have heard the rumours saying that I turned down the manager’s job at Leeds United. Above all I would like the opportunity to deny these stories because, aside from not being true, they might confuse people regarding my actual situation at the moment.
Guillem:    Did you ever discuss the position with anyone at Leeds?
Poyet:    From the minute my name started being linked with the Leeds job; I was expecting a call from Ken Bates that sadly never arrived. I know there were a lot of people who took it for granted that, at the very least, I was going to get a phone call: whether it was to offer me the job or even to tell me that I hadn’t been chosen. I was ready to go, but it is clear that they weren’t interested in me.
Guillem:   So the reports at the time, stating that you were the favourite to take over are wide of the mark?
Poyet:    I just want to make it absolutely clear that Leeds never offered me the manager’s job, nor did they ever ask me if I was interested in it. On the other hand, I would like it to be known that I was ready to accept the challenge of managing Leeds, if the opportunity had been offered to me.
Guillem:    So what is next for Gus Poyet? You have ambitions to get back in to coaching as soon as possible don’t you – maybe even as a manager?
Poyet:    My position at the moment is that I am waiting for the right challenge to present itself:  as a head coach or manager of a club. I have spent two and a half years working as a number two; I have seen the manager’s job up close and I have learned from every situation that I have faced as an assistant: I’ve been working in close contact with players, studying their reactions, how they adapt and respond to change. On a tactical and strategic level, I’ve been working with two very different coaches like Dennis Wise and Juande Ramos and I am ready to get started as a manager.
Guillem:    Do you have a preference as to where that might be?
Poyet:   Where, how and who? That is up for discussion; a question of sitting down with the Chairman of any club that is interested, formulating a project that is in the best interests of the club and, of course, is right for me as well. It is not about how big the club is, or what division they are playing in; it is about the right club, having the best people leading the club, with a solid, realistic project. After that, the rest is down to me: it will be my responsibility to carry out that project and do the very best for the club in question.

kjelvi

« Svar #112 på: Januar 08, 2009, 08:41:19 »
Sunderland striker David Healy has snubbed a £1m move to Rangers. (Daily Star)

* Alan Smith hit out as Newcastle agreed to swap him for Middlesbrough striker Mido. (The Sun)
* Everton may be pipped by Middlesbrough in the race for Newcastle's Alan Smith. (Daily Mail)
* Smith Smogs-bound: http://www.newcastle.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=138151

* Lee Bowyer must decide on a £750,000 switch to Birmingham. (The Sun)
* Lee Bowyer hopes Birmingham City fans will not block his arrival at the club for a second time after being shown the Wast Hills training ground yesterday. (Daily Mail)
* West Ham midfielder Lee Bowyer could be in line for a move to Championship high-fliers Birmingham. (Various)

kjelvi

« Svar #113 på: Januar 08, 2009, 13:25:03 »
* Lee Bowyer hopes Birmingham City fans will not block his arrival at the club for a second time after being shown the Wast Hills training ground yesterday. (Daily Mail)
* West Ham midfielder Lee Bowyer could be in line for a move to Championship high-fliers Birmingham. (Various)

Bowyer offered a new City link
LEE BOWYER is mulling over a £750,000 switch to Birmingham.
City boss Alex McLeish met the West Ham midfielder yesterday and offered him the chance to join the promotion-chasing Championship club.
But Bowyer, 32, wants to find out if there will be a fans’ backlash first.
He almost joined the Blues three years ago but the move collapsed because supporters signed an on-line petition in protest.

kjelvi

« Svar #114 på: Januar 08, 2009, 13:26:27 »
* Alan Smith hit out as Newcastle agreed to swap him for Middlesbrough striker Mido. (The Sun)
* Everton may be pipped by Middlesbrough in the race for Newcastle's Alan Smith. (Daily Mail)
* Smith Smogs-bound: http://www.newcastle.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=138151

Smith fury over Boro swap deal
ALAN SMITH hit out as Newcastle agreed to swap him for Middlesbrough striker Mido.
A source said: “Alan’s really angry about this. He has been working hard to regain his fitness and wants to do well — at Newcastle.”
Smith, a £6million signing from Manchester United 18 months ago, was never informed the clubs were in talks and found out only last night — but he has no intention of quitting St James’ Park.
Newcastle are now threatening that Smith will never play for the club again if he does not accept the move.
Smith, 28, sees the attempt to flog him behind his back as a massive slap in the face after spending three months working furiously to get fit following an ankle ligament operation.
The source added: “He is back in training and should be ready for selection by the end of the month.
“He does not want to go anywhere else.”

kjelvi

« Svar #115 på: Januar 08, 2009, 13:30:29 »
Transfers - January 2009 

Lincoln land Elding: Much-travelled striker agrees emergency loan
Lincoln have signed Crewe striker Anthony Elding on a three-month emergency loan deal.
The Lincolnshire-born forward will stay at Sincil Bank until 4th April, although there is a 24-hour recall clause in his contract that kicks after the first 28 days of his stay.
Elding began his career with Boston and later returned to the club after spells with Stevenage and Kettering.
The much-travelled striker also spent time at Stockport and Leeds before moving to Crewe last summer.
The 26-year-old has scored three goals in 19 appearances for Crewe this season.

Sky

kjelvi

« Svar #116 på: Januar 09, 2009, 09:05:54 »
Preston are leading the chase for Carlisle striker Danny Graham, who has already been the subject of a £250,000 bid from Huddersfield. (Star)

Shrewsbury are set to complete a £150,000 deal for Preston duo Karl Hawley and Brett Ormerod. (Star)

* Liverpool have offered Jermaine Pennant a new deal in order to prevent him leaving the club for free when his contract runs out in the summer - the winger has been linked with AC Milan and Real Madrid. (Various)
* Liverpool have offered Jermaine Pennant a new 12-month deal - to protect themselves if he turns into a loan star. (The Sun)
* Liverpool have offered Jermaine Pennant a 12-month contract. (Daily Mirror)

* Alan Smith has been told his swap deal with Middlesbrough striker Mido is off. (The Sun)
* Middlesbrough are considering making an offer for Alan Smith. (The Independent)

Birmingham must battle Portsmouth for the signature of West Ham's Lee Bowyer. (Daily Mirror)

kjelvi

« Svar #117 på: Januar 09, 2009, 11:49:58 »
Time away from home ends after 20 years

HOWARD WILKINSON enjoyed a passionate love affair with Leeds United but, in truth, was always married to Sheffield Wednesday.
Today, 20 years after he deserted the Owls, Wilkinson is back at his spiritual home.
The tracksuit and trainers will stay in the wardrobe this time around; Wilkinson's role is purely white collar. His services are not going to cost the club a penny, either, which says everything you need to know.
As football advisor to the new board, Wilkinson will offer help and expertise to those re-shaping the club's future. At the age of 65, this man has been around the block long enough to spot when things are missing.
Wilkinson, who grew up in Netherthorpe, played 22 times for the Owls in the early Sixties and returned as manager in June 1983 as a replacement for Jack Charlton.
During five years at the helm, he restored the club's top-flight status, after a 14-year absence, reached five cup quarter-finals, and one semi-final.
Had it not been for Heysel and the subsequent ban on English clubs, Wilkinson's men would have played in Europe.
When he stepped down a division to join Leeds in 1988, it was mainly through frustration at his club's lack of ambition. Ironically, his departure sparked a change of attitude in the boardroom which led to big spending under Ron Atkinson and Trevor Francis.
Wilkinson was never one to criticise his own directors. As for those who criticised his methods? They simply failed to grasp the importance of getting the best out of limited resources.
There were no complaints from fans when the Owls sat third in the table and beating Liverpool and Manchester United on their own patch.
Equally, at Leeds, there was nothing but pride from those who watched "Sergeant Wilko" guide Leeds from the lower end of the old Second Division to the top of the pile. Even now, 17 years on, Wilkinson holds the distinction of being the last English manager to lift the domestic title
In an interview with the Yorkshire Post at the start of the season, Wilkinson predicted that the Owls would continue to struggle as long as instability existed at boardroom level.
Although he returns at a time when boardroom changes have taken place, Wilkinson will be hoping that stability starts now.

YP

Wilkinson returns to Sheffield Wednesday
http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/football/Breaking-Wilkinson-returns-to-Sheffield.4859407.jp

New role allows Wilkinson to make his return to Sheffield Wednesday
http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/football/New-role-allows-Wilkinson-to.4860130.jp

peacock

« Svar #118 på: Januar 09, 2009, 12:13:30 »

City boss Alex McLeish met the West Ham midfielder yesterday and offered him the chance to join the promotion-chasing Championship club.
He almost joined the Blues three years ago but the move collapsed because supporters signed an on-line petition in protest.

Bowyer på utlån; det skulle ha vært til oss!

Budda

« Svar #119 på: Januar 09, 2009, 12:24:31 »

Bowyer på utlån; det skulle ha vært til oss!

Tja, hadde vel blitt en dyr fornøyelse. Tjener nok nokså bra i West Ham. Tviler også på at han ville ha vurdert League One
Endre