Skrevet av Emne: Kamprapport fra MW  (Lest 1709 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Leeeeeeeeeeeeds

Kamprapport fra MW
« på: Mars 24, 2009, 08:25:58 »
Saturday 21st March 2009

Crewe Alexandra 2 Leeds United 3

I have been pressed in to service once again as the regular correspondent preferred the delights of Mickey, Donald and Pluto en France rather than the leafy Cheshire countryside for his weekends entertainment.

We departed at 8:33 a.m. with Blue skies above for the relatively short journey over the M62 and another visit to one of our favoured and most visited watering holes. The pick up in town included seven of our Scandinavian friends, the majority from close to the Artic Circle who endured a 500 kilometre train journey before boarding a Plane to Amsterdam and on to Leeds. Your commitment to the club does you great credit and I salute you one and all.

The tap room, lounge and sports room were all well populated as refreshments were taken with great gusto. The usual groups huddled together enjoying their own brand of wit, humour and All Night White. There was controversy in the Pool room as your correspondent lost to the Coach driver on the Black Ball and in a fit of pique threw down his cue and stormed out. I have to say if had that time again I’d do exactly the same…..

Our journey to the ground took an unusual route presumably because he was too busy playing Pool rather than reading Maps! The ground, like many others in this division is ill equipped for our away support which is always was sold out and accounted for two sides of the ground and near half the crowd.

With Crewe and Leeds in good form an entertaining game was in prospect and Liam Dickinson replaced the suspended Beckford in the only change to the starting line up. The third team on view was the officials which comprised of the smaller of the two Chuckle brothers, a rather effeminate young liner and I kid you not a woman with a pony tail. It reminded me off the classic “Garlic…Bread” reference of Mr Kay senior as the Leeds fans collectively were heard to utter “Linesman…Woman”…

After quarter an hour of very little Snodgrass was felled by Jones the Crewe Captain and left back, straightforward yellow card but following a mouthful to Trinny on the line Chuckle produced Red and the fun commenced. Before there was time to say “to me to you” Kilkenny had driven United ahead and Leeds were dominant. With the right side now vulnerable Snodgrass was having a field day supported by the rampaging Douglas who was reminiscent of Carlos Alberto in the 1970 World Cup Final with the exception of a talent and a different name.

Past the half hour mark a deflected cross from Snodgrass was headed home by Becchio for his customary single away goal and shortly followed by the pick of the three goals as the Scot raced clear of the Crewe defence and scored with a composed finished.

With every passing match the former Livingston man attracts a larger fan club and each swivel of the hips, drop of the shoulder is met with cries of “Snoddy, Snoddy Snoddy Oi Oi Oi”, if only we had Noddy Holder playing on the left wing!

The last relevant moment of the first half was the booking of Naylor for a lunge on the half way line which in the circumstances of the game left him unable to make a meaningful challenge for fear of being sent off. However, 3 – 0 up at half-time against ten man shouldn’t be a problem but of course this is Leeds United we are talking about.

With my usual pessimism I proclaimed I would be happy with a point but how close that came to pass. Crewe got on the front foot in the second half with the ineffectual Michalik replacing Marques and within five minutes had forced a couple of corners. It was no real surprise when Baudet headed home unmarked from a later corner as the giant Slovakian watched on.

At the other end Leeds had opportunities to put the game to bed but squandered them with a poor final pass or shot and it was no surprise when the ineffectual Dickinson was substituted with twenty minutes to go. Am I the only one to think he has a passing resemblance to Orange faced cockney Antiques Dealer David Dickinson? His replacement Mike ‘USA’ Grella was instantly more threatening and should have converted a close range effort 10 minutes from the end.

By this time Crewe had fashioned a debatable second as all three officials missed Kilkenny been scythed down on our Penalty Area prior to three ricochets falling in to the path of Pope who scored with divine intervention. Both teams had opportunities to add goals and with some relief the final whistle went with Leeds taking all three points but spoiling what should have been a rout.

Churchillian Ratings:

Angerkren: 6 Didn’t really have a save to make but didn’t dominate in the Air
Douglas: 6 Easy first half, struggled badly in second
Parker: 6.5 Steady away
Naylor: 7 One rash challenge but solid
Marques: 7 Nothing to do first half
Kilkenny: 6.5 Scruffy goal but used ball well.
Howson: 7 Good game all round
Delph: 6 Looks jaded
Snodgrass: 8 Scored, created and constant threat
Becchio:6 Nice goal but conceded too many free-kicks second half
Dickinson: 5 Poor first half, worse second and reminded me of John Pearson
Referee: 5 – Too small and after sending off preceded to give Crewe every decision possible. Given no assistance by Trinny and Susanah. A dreadful officiating team performance.

Departed Gresty Road at 17:18 and returned via the Westerly route to the Eternal City at 6:41 p.m. The majority of the journey home for those to the rear of the bus was somewhat surreal with one of the assembled parading up and down the Bus with a Sprite bottle affixed to his head and repeating “Locate, Exterminate” ad nauseam. I wonder who?

Only four away fixtures remaining so roll up, roll up for more misery, heartache, despondency with the odd moment of ecstasy thrown in.
HI MY NAME IS LEEDS, AND WHY NOT. THE BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD

berlin

Sv: Kamprapport fra MW
« Svar #1 på: Mars 24, 2009, 10:28:11 »
har lest den og la merke til "den arktiske tilføyelsen". tipper det var morro.  ;)

BERGH

« Svar #2 på: Mars 24, 2009, 11:55:47 »
Tipper at han her har vært full.

Han har ikke registrert reddningen på slutten av kampen som Ankergren gjorde.  ;D

flynn

« Svar #3 på: Mars 24, 2009, 18:41:15 »
Fantastisk kommentar :

With the right side now vulnerable Snodgrass was having a field day supported by the rampaging Douglas who was reminiscent of Carlos Alberto in the 1970 World Cup Final with the exception of a talent and a different name.

;D flynn