Skrevet av Emne: TOMA 1: Rykter og spekulasjoner om Takeover  (Lest 1372388 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Glenn K

Sv: Rykter og spekulasjoner om Takeover
« Svar #3210 på: September 28, 2012, 21:09:00 »
Andrew Haigh ‏@AndrewHaigh
Understand that GFH Capital will be putting out a statement outlining their plans regarding #lufc. Will update again when I know more.

Dette her kan da umulig tyde på noe annet enn at dette snart er over! Man legger ikke ut noe sånt uten å være sikker på at dette går veien?

Og etter denne tweeten så svarer David Haigh:

David Haigh ‏@haighdavid
Check out @AndrewHaigh for some forthcoming information
« Siste redigering: September 28, 2012, 21:28:41 av Glenn K »

Glenn K

« Svar #3211 på: September 28, 2012, 21:24:01 »
REALcomms lufc ‏@lufcclubb4job
1st time i have received information RE T/O. Bates at ER today to help finalise GFH release/plans, consulting role until July 2013..

... expect GFH statement to outline sale information, funding, future plans + specifically RE ground, ER and TA WILL be part of deal.

... although don't expect names of consortia. they are for the moment, wanting to remain anon. believe this is not long term goal.

finally, expect GFH statement within hours.

Nå kjenner jeg at jeg begynner å bli spent, magefølelsen sier meg at dette kommer til å skje meget snart nå!
« Siste redigering: September 28, 2012, 21:28:07 av Glenn K »

Glenn K

« Svar #3212 på: September 28, 2012, 21:44:47 »
Andrew Haigh ‏@AndrewHaigh
Understand that GFH Capital will be putting out a statement outlining their plans regarding #lufc. Will update again when I know more.

Dette her kan da umulig tyde på noe annet enn at dette snart er over! Man legger ikke ut noe sånt uten å være sikker på at dette går veien?

Og etter denne tweeten så svarer David Haigh:

David Haigh ‏@haighdavid
Check out @AndrewHaigh for some forthcoming information

GFH Capital's Salem Patel følger på!

Salem Patel ‏@SalemPatel
Check @andrewhaigh for latest tweet

Glenn K

« Svar #3213 på: September 28, 2012, 21:58:23 »
http://www.thescratchingshed.com/2012/09/gfh-capital-planning-heavy-investment/

GFH Capital Planning “Heavy Investment”
TimPM Sep 28th, 2012 0 Comments and 0 Reactions
GFH Capital have today outlined their future plans for Leeds United in a press release, reiterating that they have been granted an exclusivity deal to “lead and arrange the acquisition of Leeds City Holdings including Leeds United FC from current owners.”

It is worth highlighting this, because of the continued uncertainty among fans, to outline that GFH Capital are planning on purchasing the company that owns Leeds United (Leeds City Holdings), and that in purchasing this company they will own 100% of the club. These appear to be negotiations to obtain sole ownership of the club.

The press release reads:

[GFH Capital's] intentions, if successful in its acquisition, is to move the club back to the Premier League as quickly as possible and help to build a sustainable future for the club, both on and off the field. This is expected to not only benefit the club and the surrounding community, but also the entire city of Leeds.

The Scratching Shed understands that GFH Capital intend to “invest heavily” in the football club, Elland Road, and the “surrounding community”. We understand that, should GFH Capital successfully purchase the club, their aim is to take Leeds to the Premier League by the end of next season.

GFH Capital’s CEO Hisham Alrayes writes:

Like many around the world, people from Bahrain and across the Gulf are passionate about the game of football and notably, English clubs – their successes and hardships are a daily talking point. In so many instances this is what bridges the gap between borders and different cultures. We are excited by our intentions for Leeds United and remain fully focused on the specifics of this deal, hoping to conclude a positive outcome as soon as possible.

The press release should also reassure fans of the company’s abilities, having suffered repeated attacks on its capabilities from one journalist recently:

Our parent company GFH has successfully steered through tough economic times and we find ourselves in a position of strength and in an enviable market position to lead on fantastic deals such as this.

Meanwhile, Leeds supporter and Chief Executive of GFH Capital, David Haigh, writes:

As a club, Leeds United has it all – passionate loyal fans, a great heritage and masses of potential to return to the Premier League with the right, sustainable investment. From a business perspective, ownership of an English football club, notably Leeds United, is a great opportunity if the right strategies are in place to benefit from the significant revenues available from renewed broadcasting rights.

From a personal perspective, I have followed Leeds United since childhood and having been back to Elland Road with my business colleague, Salem Patel and our CEO Hisham Alrayes for the last few home games, it makes us even more determined to acquire the club Leeds United and to see the club prosper. The existing infrastructure of the club and the result of the work of Ken Bates means that Leeds United is ready off the field to compete in the premier league.

Salem Patel, Chief Investment Officer at GFH Capital, concludes:

From very early on in our approach to this deal, we knew Leeds United FC has pedigree but also offers huge potential in terms of the football, the club and the surrounding area. We are keen on waking this sleeping giant, building on and forging a sustainable long term future for the club – both on and off the pitch. We also hope to take back ownership of Elland Road eventually and continue to work closely with Neil Warnock and the team, we intend to show the fans – some of the most passionate in the game – just how we can ‘March On Together’ to give Leeds United the success it so richly deserves.
« Siste redigering: September 28, 2012, 22:00:11 av Glenn K »

Thorp

« Svar #3214 på: September 28, 2012, 22:13:50 »
Intends to "invest heavily".  Ahhhhh herlig musikk ;D

Leedsfan

« Svar #3215 på: September 28, 2012, 22:21:15 »
Investments er ikke alfa omega for suksess, men det kan ikke skade..:) Beholde Warnock + en heftig warchest så ordner det seg..
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

arneg

« Svar #3216 på: September 28, 2012, 22:26:32 »
Det skal satses på klubb anlegg og infrastruktur forøvrig, og det skal følge med penger. Dette er en done deal. Venter selvsagt på offisiell bekreftelse.

Bites Yer Legs

« Svar #3217 på: September 28, 2012, 23:33:15 »
Vet ikke om dette har vært oppe før, kanskje dumt spm. Men er det noe familierelasjon mellom Andrew og David Haigh?
KEEP FIGHTING!!

RoarG

« Svar #3218 på: September 28, 2012, 23:35:21 »
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-right-time-for-new-investors-lorimer-1-4970457

Lorimer slår til med SVÆRT spennende kommentarer.
Spennende lesning.
Og så må han ta Bates i forsvar for det beste for Leeds United.
Pinlig  :-[
får han inte ha en avikande åsikt från dig?
Ingen her får ha en avvikende mening. Likner DPRK. Det viktigste er å få ut Bates, fremfor at eierskiftet påviselig gavner klubben. All opposisjon latterliggjøres (i grunn den samme metoden man anklager Bates å bedrive, men pytt, pytt, hvem bryr seg om detaljene). Målet helliggjør midlene.
Avvikende mening? i lange tider var det å hate Bates en avvikende mening her på forumet. Poenget er at stemning skifter mht spill,spillere,manager,taktikk,eier og andre ting.
Nå kan jeg jo opplyse deg om at kanskje den verste med å latterliggjøre noen som har en annen annen mening er jo Bates selv. Mobbing i kampprogram,legge ut adresse til "fiender",utestenge media som skriver noe en ikke liker,kalle supportere "morons",latterliggjøre LUST osv. Joda vi har en eier som ikke har noen form for diktatortakter... ;D
Demonisering.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Leedsfan

« Svar #3219 på: September 28, 2012, 23:53:45 »
Hadde Bates ødelagt så mye som noen skal ha det til så hadde han vel ikke fått en halv milliard for klubben?

Hadde klubben hatt så mye verdi og potensial når Bates tok over så hadde han vel aldri fått klubben så billig?

Klart har vært bra for den økonomiske driften av klubben, sportslig har det ikke vært helt optimalt, og relasjonamessig med media og fans så har det vært katastrofalt.

Godt å bli kvitt Bates og håper vi blir happy med nye eiere..
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #3220 på: September 29, 2012, 00:35:41 »
...så er vi inne på gamet med å tolke dette da:

Adam Pope er mest aktiv av 'de mest kjente' pr nu:

Sitat
Adam Pope‏@APOPEY

#lufc Sources close to deal tell @BBCLeeds that GFH (Capital) will be ultimate owner of Leeds United upon a successful acquisition.

Sitat
Adam Pope‏@APOPEY

#lufc GFH (Capital) stress that they and the parent company GFH are in strong financial positions "to lead on fantastic deals such as this"

Sitat
Adam Pope‏@APOPEY

#lufc GFH (Capital) tell @BBCLeeds of their gratitude to Ken Bates for leaving the club in a strong position so they can take it to forward

Sitat
Adam Pope‏@APOPEY

#lufc So having made out they were brokering the deal to buy club GFH (Capital) have positioned themselves as the buyers upon its completion

Sitat
Adam Pope‏@APOPEY

#lufc My reading of it is that GFH(Capital) must be receiving some heavy backing if they are able to give reassurances of their finances.

Sitat
Adam Pope‏@APOPEY

#lufc GFH (Capital)'s parent company GFH has been given a hard time from financial analysts but they are saying both are in good shape.

Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Larsen.

« Svar #3221 på: September 29, 2012, 00:36:35 »
Er det noen som vet hvor mye GHF er gode for?
Pride of Yorkshire

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #3222 på: September 29, 2012, 00:44:25 »
...og gode gamle Svend'is har luktet lunta når det gjelder bakgrunnen for dagens (og sikkert også gårsdagens) offentliggjørelser:

Svend Anders K-M‏@svendanders

Hele situasjonen rundt oppkjøpet av Leeds nå er i en pr-krig. Kveldens uttalelse fra GFH organisert av pr-selskap i London. #luscos #2fx

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #3223 på: September 29, 2012, 00:46:29 »
Lucy Ward har også sin egen tolkning:

Lucy Ward‏@lucywardleeds

Only one person telling the truth here... Will enjoy it coming out when it does!

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Sydhagen

« Svar #3224 på: September 29, 2012, 08:05:38 »
Nå er det på tide at leedsunited.com kommer med en uttalelse snart!
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

sportcarl1

« Svar #3225 på: September 29, 2012, 08:28:20 »

Lucy Ward‏@lucywardleeds

Only one person telling the truth here... Will enjoy it coming out when it does!

och vem skulle det vara(ler), måste ju vara någon som gjort helt andra uttalerser än de andra, såvida det inte och det är väl det troliga att det är lucyward som är ute och simmar, mycket skrivanden på twitter, waccoe och diverse sidor som folk här lägger in ocg tror det är fakta när det bara är påståenden

Gufrias

« Svar #3226 på: September 29, 2012, 09:55:33 »
Nå er det på tide at leedsunited.com kommer med en uttalelse snart!
Den kommer så snart TO er fullført. Ikke før.
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #3227 på: September 29, 2012, 10:20:43 »
Faar ta det fra siden om at det blir en takeover. Det aller foerste en ny eier maa gjoere. Ja det er aa se paa manageren.Er vi ikke blandt top 6 evt veldig naere rent poengmessig. Ja da maa vi faa inn en ny manager foer 1 januar. Gi den nye manageren 3-4 mill pund paa aa styrke stallen. Hvis vi er der oppe vi skal vaere. Ja da maa Warnock faa nok midler til aa anskaffe de rette spillerne for at vi skal klare opprykket denne sesongen.
Samtidig saa boer det anskaffes en over manageren igjen med fotballfaglig tyngde og dyktighet i aa se om de evt nye spillerne vil ha en fremtid  i Premier League. Og da sette ned beinet hvis en manager henter inn en spiller paa  kjoep som ikke vil passe inn i Premier League. Og hvis vi rykker opp denne sesongen med Warnock. Ja da maa Warnock gaa uansett. Warnock er ikke god nok for Premier league. Videre saa haaper jeg paa betraktelig  oppgradering av Elland Road. Riv stand for stand slik at vi om noen aar har et virkelig moderne stadion

Leedsfan

« Svar #3228 på: September 29, 2012, 10:31:17 »
Faar ta det fra siden om at det blir en takeover. Det aller foerste en ny eier maa gjoere. Ja det er aa se paa manageren.Er vi ikke blandt top 6 evt veldig naere rent poengmessig. Ja da maa vi faa inn en ny manager foer 1 januar. Gi den nye manageren 3-4 mill pund paa aa styrke stallen. Hvis vi er der oppe vi skal vaere. Ja da maa Warnock faa nok midler til aa anskaffe de rette spillerne for at vi skal klare opprykket denne sesongen.
Samtidig saa boer det anskaffes en over manageren igjen med fotballfaglig tyngde og dyktighet i aa se om de evt nye spillerne vil ha en fremtid  i Premier League. Og da sette ned beinet hvis en manager henter inn en spiller paa  kjoep som ikke vil passe inn i Premier League. Og hvis vi rykker opp denne sesongen med Warnock. Ja da maa Warnock gaa uansett. Warnock er ikke god nok for Premier league. Videre saa haaper jeg paa betraktelig  oppgradering av Elland Road. Riv stand for stand slik at vi om noen aar har et virkelig moderne stadion

Håper fokuset er på å rykke opp, ikke mulig CL spill om 5 år. Her må det fokuseres på opprykk, kun opprykk. Kan vi hente spillere som kan gjøre en jobb i PL så gjerne for meg!

sportcarl1

« Svar #3229 på: September 29, 2012, 11:09:42 »
är väl lika viktigt för en ny ägare att se över spelarna som managern, fattar inte ditt resonemang med att om vi inte är bland topp6  i januari så måste warnock gå, och då skall vi få in en ny manager som skall få 3-4 miljoner pund, kan väl lika väl warnock få i så fall

Promotion 2010

« Svar #3230 på: September 29, 2012, 11:52:22 »
Og trådhackernes tid var ikke ute...
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Dennis

« Svar #3231 på: September 29, 2012, 12:07:24 »
Warnock er antakelig ingen langsiktig løsning, basert på hans egne uttalelser. Likevel, å hogge hodet av han uansett, dvs om vi ikke rykker opp har han ikke gjort en god nok jobb og om vi rykker opp, er ikke han god nok, blir for meg søkt. ::)

Det blir like dumt som å påstå at et lag som vinner serien over 46 kamper ikke fortjener det, fordi et annet lag spiller "artigere" fotball.

Jeg tror ikke det er mulig å sammenligne med hva som skjedde i QPR fullt ut med eventuelt opprykk i Leeds. Der ble spillere kjøpt over hodet hans og alle de overbetalte eks-reservene og middelmådighetene som plutselig var et del av et lag det ble forventet skulle prestere, er ikke enkelt å samspille umiddelbart. Mark Hughes har brukt snart et kalenderår på det og de ser ikke så enormt mye bedre ut, tross flere relativt tunge investeringer.

Situasjonen må -selvsagt- evalueres etter sesongen eller om Leeds skulle ligge milevis bak, men jeg skulle ligt å se prestasjonene over tid, dersom manageren visste han fikk sparken uansett. For en "fantastisk" ledelse det måtte ha vært.
Marching on together!

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #3232 på: September 29, 2012, 12:17:40 »
...syns Promo er inne på noe her: La oss få denne takeover'en unnagjort før vi diskuterer neste punkt på dagsordenen... (finnes da plenty med tråder for slikt)
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #3233 på: September 29, 2012, 12:19:12 »
Og hva syns de to herrer vi ofte har støttet oss til mht inside info om forhandlingene?

boozie først:

QUOTE (boozie @ Sep 29 2012, 08:52 AM)

It would be a good idea if GFH kept their mouths shut and did the deal before talking about plans etc. Ken Bates still has all the power and we know what he is like when he is pissed off.

Gary Cooper:

i think a cautious brief is best right now, nothing is concluded yet and after four months of total silence two statements that appear a little more than contradictory are issued?

we need to look at the position once the deal is concluded and expect more twists in the tail before this is done, the most important person is yet to confirm anything.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #3234 på: September 29, 2012, 12:21:09 »

Lucy Ward‏@lucywardleeds

och vem skulle det vara(ler), måste ju vara någon som gjort helt andra uttalerser än de andra, såvida det inte och det är väl det troliga att det är lucyward som är ute och simmar, mycket skrivanden på twitter, waccoe och diverse sidor som folk här lägger in ocg tror det är fakta när det bara är påståenden
...når jeg trekte frem Lucy Wards twitring så var det fordi hun vel er den eneste klubbansatte (såpass høyt i systemet) som har uttalt seg om saken :)

(hun er ansvarlig for akademigutta, og madammen til Neil Redfearn)
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #3235 på: September 29, 2012, 12:31:49 »
Gary Cooper svarer på spr om gårsdagens statement fra GHF:

Sitat
QUOTE (LUFC1908 @ Sep 29 2012, 09:21 AM)

Gary would you say this is a major set back, if the press release was done without Bates knowing.

i would say its very brave mate and its certainly ambitious, i am not sure Mr Bates will welcome so much information being released before any conclusion to this deal has been achieved?
« Siste redigering: September 29, 2012, 12:53:31 av Asbjørn »
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #3236 på: September 29, 2012, 12:43:06 »
...og siden mange selv leser i TOMA-tråden på waccoe, her skriver Cooper litt til:
 (så les gjerne linoheart og michael benjamins innlegg, men ikke som true facts)

Sitat
QUOTE (Sunshine @ Sep 29 2012, 09:37 AM)

BIG and/or Boozie do you know what the hold up with the deal is now?

i dont think there is a hold up as such mate, as i have said (and boozie has also suggested) the structures that make up the players involved in this have moved and changed shape probably several times such is the complicated nature of buying Leeds United from Mr Bates, this was never going to be easy and never going to be straight forward.

lionheart and michael benjamin seem to have a knack of interpreting the theory behind this deal, i am not going say either is right but i think they both make considered and intelligent sense of a lot that must be going on behind the scenes and as boozie says clearly the most important person in all of this is Mr Bates, surely buying the club from him is only the start?

and as i have said many times and it seems Phil Hay having spoken to someone close to this deal this morning is confirming there will be a twist (not nessacarily bad) to this tail of that i am certain (thats my guess again btw not a trust statement)
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Woody

« Svar #3237 på: September 29, 2012, 12:45:51 »
Gary Cooper svarer på spr om gårsdagens statement fra GHP:

Sitat
QUOTE (LUFC1908 @ Sep 29 2012, 09:21 AM)

Gary would you say this is a major set back, if the press release was done without Bates knowing.

i would say its very brave mate and its certainly ambitious, i am not sure Mr Bates will welcome so much information being released before any conclusion to this deal has been achieved?

Vi har kansje lov å håpe at deal is done og at godeste Bates ikkje lenger ha ein tøddel betydning??
Det hadde vore vakkert det...
LIFE IS LEEDS

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #3238 på: September 29, 2012, 12:52:31 »

Vi har kansje lov å håpe at deal is done og at godeste Bates ikkje lenger ha ein tøddel betydning??
Det hadde vore vakkert det...

lionheart mener iallefall at det er et godttegn at statementen ikke kom ut før møtet Bates hadde med enellerannen på Elland Road i går var over :)

Sitat
QUOTE (billyisgod @ Sep 29 2012, 09:45 AM)

i dont think there is a hold up as such mate, as i have said (and boozie has also suggested) the structures that make up the players involved in this have moved and changed shape probably several times such is the complicated nature of buying Leeds United from Mr Bates, this was never going to be easy and never going to be straight forward.

lionheart and michael benjamin seem to have a knack of interpreting the theory behind this deal, i am not going say either is right but i think they both make considered and intelligent sense of a lot that must be going on behind the scenes and as boozie says clearly the most important person in all of this is Mr Bates, surely buying the club from him is only the start?

and as i have said many times and it seems Phil Hay having spoken to someone close to this deal this morning is confirming there will be a twist (not nessacarily bad) to this tail of that i am certain (thats my guess again btw not a trust statement)

Well, I've been watching Mr Bates closely since Administration. He was definitely at ER yesterday, question is who was he talking to? Hopefully it was the Chairman he wanted a face to face with.

Interesting that the GFH statement came out after that day's meetings.

My theory is that Bates is actually very keen to get the deal done, which is why he outed the "Bank" last saturday, but of course keen to get his own terms for the deal.

I think the game is up for him as regards running the club - out of money, the FA disrupte charge. I think he just wanted to milk the income from the 3 home games up to Everton.

The Southampton "bonus" match is not going to be of much interest to him and the latest flurry of activity followed that cup draw on Wednesday!

Sitat
QUOTE (pag @ Sep 29 2012, 09:55 AM)

I think saying that Bates has put the work in to make the club potentially successful smacks more of placating Bates apoplexy when he reads the statement rather than editorial control on Bates' behalf. Wouldn't he have just erased the whole statement if he had been given such an opportunity?

Unless he actually WANTS the deal to go through! Something was being worked on at ER yesterday. The statement comes out after whatever went on there so join the dots ....

I am hoping he is just playing the final game to extract as much cash and kudos out of the deal as possible. The bidders won't mind adding a bit of ego stroking into their statements. I think they are going to keep him on board for the rest of the season. "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer!"
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #3239 på: September 29, 2012, 13:10:15 »
...på waccoe pr nu er man ikke preget av boozies litt negative vibber overfor gårsdagens statement, men mener altså at det ble velsignet av Bates (mer eller mindre i gårsdagens møte).

Her er Norman med sin analyse :D

Sitat
QUOTE (Norman6 @ Sep 29 2012, 10:57 AM)

bates is not pissing all over anyone, he's on the run. Does anyone really think bates would sell now if he didn't have to? He's still got hotels and shopping malls to build, a museum to complete and he hasn't crushed the SC or LUST yet.

He has to sell for a number of reasons, his health, his lack of funds to put into his projects, the increasing supporter unrest, falling gates and the inability to get PL status because these days it costs money he won't spend. So he needs to sell, but like a child who won't go to bed when told he's finding every excuse under the sun to drag things out. GFH are not idiots but you don't have to be a business genius to recognise that they're dealing with an old man who knows that the day he puts his signature to the paper is his last day in football. The day he signs will be the last day his opinion matters, he will have written his last programme notes, made his last appearance on YR, LUTV and probably any other credible media. His views will cease to matter and virtually no media outlet will give a toss what bates thinks. Sure he'll have money but the game is over. IMO he'll be dead within a year of signing because the reasons for living will have gone.

If GFH are any good at all they will have worked all of this out. They will play the long game bates can't play because he simply hasn't got the funds or the time to do that anymore. On top of which suzannah and his own lawyers are telling him to sell and go. All the pressure is on him not GFH. Look at the last LUTV interview and tell me that's not a man under pressure, a man staring his own mortality in the face, a man who knows the game is up but is still trying to con the world.

bates is finished. To quote BIG he's now an irrelevance, a quote that will have cut bates to the core, a quote that probably encouraged him to hang on, but a quote he knows is true. He has, at best, until the January transfer window to be able to cling on and imo he'll hang on until then simply because every day is his last day. But even he knows that if Leeds fail to build a side capable of promotion by the end of the January window gates will plummet, his manager will probably walk and the value of the club will tumble.

His game is to string everyone along to spin things out, but his days of pissing on people are well gone, these days he's pissing on himself.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan