Skrevet av Emne: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part 11  (Lest 404050 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

kjelvi

Sv: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part 11
« Svar #60 på: Desember 10, 2009, 19:02:51 »
Tottenham's out-of-favour striker Robbie Keane is a loan target for Celtic.
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Celtic-launch-ambitious-loan-move-for-Tottenham-striker-article248287.html
Celtic's largest shareholder Dermot Desmond will hold the key to any potential move to take striker Robbie Keane on loan from Tottenham Hotspur. (The Times)
Tottenham striker Robbie Keane will not be allowed to leave White Hart Lane for Celtic in January. (Daily Express)

kjelvi

« Svar #61 på: Desember 10, 2009, 19:05:09 »

CARSON APOLOGISES FOR SEEING RED
West Brom captain Scott Carson has issued an apology to his team-mates and Albion fans for his dismissal against Cardiff while also stating he was provoked into his head-butt by Michael Chopra.
Mer: http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer_centre/nw_story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=nonwire_soccer/09/12/10/manual_174332.html

WOODS COULD NEED SURGERY
Doncaster manager Sean O'Driscoll has hinted midfielder Martin Woods may require surgery to resolve an on-going groin problem.
Mer: http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer_centre/nw_story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=nonwire_soccer/09/12/10/manual_174603.html

kjelvi

« Svar #62 på: Desember 10, 2009, 19:06:22 »

TRUNDLE HOPING TO EXTEND SWANS STAY
Swansea's on-loan Bristol City striker Lee Trundle hopes he has done enough to earn himself a permanent move to the Liberty Stadium.
Mer: http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer_centre/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=nonwire_soccer/09/12/10/manual_140348.html

kjelvi

« Svar #63 på: Desember 10, 2009, 19:22:39 »
Eddie Gray - A Leeds Legends Profile

Elland Road has never seen a finer left winger to pull on the famous Leeds United jersey. After making his debut on new-years-day 1966, 43 years on and Eddie Gray has had a role at the club as player, manager twice, youth coach, reserve team coach, first team coach and assistant manager. Leeds United could not wish for a finer ambassador.
Eddie has been like one of the furniture at Elland Road since his move from Scotland in 1965. Nowadays Eddie is Thom Kirwin’s co-commentator for LUTV/Yorkshire Radio for all Leeds United matches. Eddie’s knowledge of the game is up there with the best in the country, had he been allowed to develop his youth policy in the early/mid 1980’s which included the likes of John Sheridan and Dennis Irwin, the 1980’s may not have been such a dark period for the club.

Hele saken: http://www.fansonline.net/leedsunited/article.php?id=340

kjelvi

« Svar #64 på: Desember 10, 2009, 19:34:59 »
Richard Cresswell is to hold talks over a permanent move from Stoke to Sheffield United, where he has been on loan. (Mirror)

Cresswell to join Sheffield United on permanent deal
RICHARD CRESSWELL has agreed to join Sheffield United on a permanent basis following a successful loan spell at Bramall Lane.
Cresswell, who is currently on loan from Stoke City, suffered a broken rib in October but returned to action two games ago as a replacement for the injured Darius Henderson.
The former Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, and York City player will sign an 18-month deal in January with the Blades paying a nominal fee to Stoke.
"The injury didn't help but I love it here and I scored on my full debut at Bramall Lane," he said.
"Hopefully, I can get the fans on my side by showing that I am here to give 110 per cent every time I play.
"There is a great set-up and the club is geared up for the Premier League," he said.
"The squad is equipped to make a real good push for promotion and e have shown in the last few games that we can be a match for anyone." (YP)

kjelvi

« Svar #65 på: Desember 11, 2009, 12:28:02 »
Desperate to win
Sheffield Wednesday's Michael Gray on why pretty football sometimes will just not do.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/michaelgray/2009/12/morale_still_high_as_search_fo.html

Wolves striker Andy Keogh ruled out for three months 
Wolves striker Andy Keogh will be out for three months after damaging ankle ligaments while training on Thursday.
The 23-year-old, who has scored one goal this season, needs an operation.
Hele storyen: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/w/wolverhampton_wanderers/8407791.stm

Paul Hart, who parted company with Portsmouth last month, will take charge at Queens Park Rangers should they sack manager Jim Magilton.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2767218/Harts-hip-Hoops-hooray.html

kjelvi

« Svar #66 på: Desember 11, 2009, 12:30:38 »

kjelvi

« Svar #67 på: Desember 12, 2009, 16:30:26 »
IFA IN WORTHINGTON DEAL TALKS
The Northern Ireland Football Association have confirmed contract talks with manager Nigel Worthington are "ongoing".
Hele storyen: http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer_centre/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/09/12/11/SOCCER_N_Ireland.html

kjelvi

« Svar #68 på: Desember 13, 2009, 11:46:13 »
Sunderland are favourites to land former England Under-21 winger Adam Johnson from Middlesbrough for around £5m in January.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1235379/Sunderland-ready-swoop-Middlesbroughs-Adam-Johnson.html

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp is ready to offer Paul Hart a return to the Premier League as the north London club's youth supremo.
http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_method=full%26objectID=21893699%26siteID=93463-name_page.html

Richard Cresswell has agreed to join Sheffield United in a £500,000 deal (Mirror)

Former Chelsea striker Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, 38, has emerged as a contender to become the ninth manager in three years at Championship club QPR. Current manager Jim Magilton is suspended after a bust-up with Akos Buzsaky.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1235371/Jimmy-Floyd-Hasselbaink-line-replace-Jim-Magilton-QPR.html

Rio Ferdinand has targeted Manchester United's FA Cup third round tie against his former club Leeds for a return to action. The defender has not played for United since the 2-0 defeat by Liverpool on 25 October. (News of the World)

kjelvi

« Svar #69 på: Desember 13, 2009, 14:37:18 »
Tottenham's out-of-favour striker Robbie Keane is a loan target for Celtic.
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Celtic-launch-ambitious-loan-move-for-Tottenham-striker-article248287.html
Celtic's largest shareholder Dermot Desmond will hold the key to any potential move to take striker Robbie Keane on loan from Tottenham Hotspur. (The Times)
Tottenham striker Robbie Keane will not be allowed to leave White Hart Lane for Celtic in January. (Daily Express)
Tottenham have put four players up for sale, including captain Robbie Keane, as boss Harry Redknapp prepares a January bid for Real Madrid striker Ruud van Nistelrooy. Spurs will listen to offers for Keane, Roman Pavlyuchenko, David Bentley and Alan Hutton in next month's transfer window.
http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=exclusive-ruud-in-and-4-out-at-spurs%26method=full%26objectid=21893742%

kjelvi

« Svar #70 på: Desember 15, 2009, 07:54:08 »
IFA IN WORTHINGTON DEAL TALKS
The Northern Ireland Football Association have confirmed contract talks with manager Nigel Worthington are "ongoing".

WORTHY REVEALS WEDNESDAY INTEREST
Northern Ireland manager Nigel Worthington has declared his interest in the vacant Sheffield Wednesday job.
Worthington spent over a decade at Hillsborough as a player and, with his Irish Football Association contract due to expire at the turn of the year, he is considering his options.
Negotiations with Northern Ireland are ongoing but an agreement currently looks far from assured.
No official contact has yet been made by the Owls, with the likes of Darren Ferguson and Steve Cotterill also thought to be in the frame, but Worthington would welcome talks with his former employers.
"Let's be honest about this, in two weeks' time I will be out of work and I have to weigh up my options," Worthington told the Belfast Telegraph.
"I spent 11 great years at Sheffield Wednesday as a player and the club means a lot to me. If the opportunity arose to speak to them, then I would have to listen to what they have to say.
"It would only be fair to myself and my career but at this moment in time there has not been any contact and I am still under contract with the IFA and enjoying working with Northern Ireland." (PA)

kjelvi

« Svar #71 på: Desember 15, 2009, 14:57:40 »
- Jeg er vel et slags dyr...

Nå herjer den «alkoholiserte, hasjglade, voldelige, rasistiske, feige, lite angrende og motbydelige» i Premier League.
Det var 2001. Lee Bowyer var 24 år gammel. Han hadde akkurat blitt frikjent for rasistisk vold etter en lengre rettssak. Så ble han likevel plassert på overgangslista av Leeds. Bowyer uttalte etterpå noe i retning av at det var han som var offeret.
Det var ikke alle enig i, og engelsk tabloidpresse har en egen evne til å få fram sin mening. Dagen etter hadde Daily Mirror dermed følgende tittel:
«I´m thew victim... wails boozing, pot-smoking, violent, racist, cowardly, unapologetic, odious, transfer-listed Lee Bowyer»
Oversatt: - Jeg er offeret...hyler alkoholiserte, hasjglade, voldelige, rasistiske, feige, lite angrende, motbydelige og transferlistede Lee Bowyer.
Så fulgte de opp med følgende ingress:
- Så kan du bare prøve å saksøke oss, du din lille drittsekk.

Best i England
Ã…tte år senere er situasjonen en ganske annen. Bowyer, som etter Leeds har spilt for West Ham, Newcastle og West Ham (ja, igjen), dro i januar i år på lån til Birmingham. Der bidro han til å spille klubben opp til Premier League igjen.
I sommer skrev Bosman-spilleren så under på en toårskontrakt med klubben, og nå er han sentral på laget som er Premier Leagues største formklubb. Birmingham står nemlig uten tap på sju seriekamper, og har tatt 14 av 18 mulige poeng på formtabellen (de siste seks).
Det er bedre enn Chelsea, Manchester United og Arsenal som følger på plassene etter.
24 poeng og 8. plass så langt betyr også at de ligger à poeng med Liverpool. Det betyr at det kun er tre poeng opp til 5. plassen – fem til Aston Villas på 4. plass.

Sentral
Bowyer har spilt samtlige minutter av de siste sju kampene. Han ble matchvinner i helgas 1-0-seier mot gamleklubben West Ham, og han har notert seg for tre mål på de siste fire kampene.
- Han er uvurderlig, sier manager Alex McLeish.
Likevel sier Bowyer i et intervju med The Guardian at det ikke endrer noe.
Folk har nemlig bestemt seg. For mange vil Lee Bowyer alltid være alt – eller deler av det Daily Mirror skrev for åtte år siden.
- Folk flest synes vel at jeg er et slags dyr, ja, sier han.
- Når jeg møter folk, og de har en del tid sammen med meg, sier de gjerne: «Jøss, du er jo ikke som jeg trodde i det hele tatt». Det er ok. Jeg er vant til det. Men egentlig kan jeg ikke vinne. Hvis jeg gjør noe positivt (skolebesøk etc.) så får jeg det bare tilbake i trynet. Folk tror bare at jeg gjør det for å få folk over på min side. Dermed blir det egentlig bare en ny negativ greie, legger han til.

- Burde hatt en del landskamper
Derfor tror han heller ikke at han får sjansen på landslaget igjen. Han var sentral for Leeds i klubbens aller beste periode, da de også nådde Mesterliga-semifinalen, men han fikk aldri sjansen på landslaget. I 2002, året etter at han ble frikjent for rasistisk overfall, fikk han faktisk sin hittil eneste landskamp – mot Portugal.
Flere har det ikke blitt.
Og flere blir det ikke, ifølge Bowyer selv.
- Jeg har fått én landskamp, men det burde vært 20, 30 eller kanskje flere. Det handler ikke om at jeg har et oppblåst selvbilde. Det handler kun om at jeg synes jeg hadde fortjent det. Jeg ble kåret til årets spiller i Leeds tre ganger. Vi var i semifinalen av Mesterligaen. Jeg scoret seks mål i Europa det året. Dermed ble jeg delt toppscorer. Jeg kom med på Mesterliga-laget det året. Men jeg fikk ingenting for det i England.
- Og jeg kan score 20-30 mål denne sesongen. Likevel kommer jeg ikke med til VM neste sommer. Det er altfor mange som har bestemt seg for hvordan jeg er allerede, legger han til.
I Birmingham får han imidlertid spille.
Tirsdag kveld venter Blackburn på hjemmebane. Da kan Birmingham spille sin 8. strake kamp uten tap. Med seier passerer de også Liverpool og Manchester City.

Nettavisen
« Siste redigering: Desember 16, 2009, 09:05:01 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #72 på: Desember 15, 2009, 14:59:30 »
«I´m thew victim... wails boozing, pot-smoking, violent, racist, cowardly, unapologetic, odious, transfer-listed Lee Bowyer»
Oversatt: - Jeg er offeret...hyler alkoholiserte, hasjglade, voldelige, rasistiske, feige, lite angrende, motbydelige og transferlistede Lee Bowyer.
Så fulgte de opp med følgende ingress:
- Så kan du bare prøve å saksøke oss, du din lille drittsekk.

Sleivind

« Svar #73 på: Desember 15, 2009, 16:02:34 »
Hadde han bare hatt hodet med seg! En Leedsspiller med stor L. Stod for alt det en midtbanespiller på Leeds skal inneha, knallharde taklinger (kanskje litt drøy innimellom), enorm løpskapasitet også scorte han en drøss med mål!

Ferre

« Svar #74 på: Desember 15, 2009, 17:33:58 »
Hadde han bare hatt hodet med seg! En Leedsspiller med stor L. Stod for alt det en midtbanespiller på Leeds skal inneha, knallharde taklinger (kanskje litt drøy innimellom), enorm løpskapasitet også scorte han en drøss med mål!

Lee Bowyer var en fantastisk spiller for Leeds! Synd han har gjort en del dumme ting, men samtidig føler jeg at han har fått ufortjent mye kritikk. Litt rart at han ble bøtelagt av Leeds når han faktisk ble frikjent i rettsaken...

Smudge17

« Svar #75 på: Desember 15, 2009, 17:39:07 »
Man kan si mye rart om Bowyer, men mannen kommer alltid til å være en stor favorittspiller hos meg.

LUFC MOT

• På juniorlaget
  • 2 timer før første ER tur leeds-southend!!!!!
    • Vis profil
« Svar #76 på: Desember 15, 2009, 18:51:32 »
Man kan si mye rart om Bowyer, men mannen kommer alltid til å være en stor favorittspiller hos meg.

Der må jeg si meg helt enig... Kjempe god spiller med SKIKKELIGE engelske egenskaper, kjekt og se han har begynt og virkelig finne målet igjen også... 

Kan vi håpe på en fremtidig retur.... sammen med smithy!!!

kjelvi

« Svar #77 på: Desember 17, 2009, 08:46:07 »
Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp is ready to offer Paul Hart a return to the Premier League as the north London club's youth supremo.
http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_method=full%26objectID=21893699%26siteID=93463-name_page.html

Paul Hart will be named as the new manager of QPR - in a dream ticket with Mick Harford. (Mirror)
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Paul-Hart-to-be-named-new-QPR-manager-article259857.html

Paul Hart is set to be confirmed as QPR boss after Jim Magilton was sacked. (Sun)
« Siste redigering: Desember 17, 2009, 08:59:07 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #78 på: Desember 17, 2009, 08:47:42 »
Gus Poyet is wanted by former club Real Zaragoza, a month after taking charge at Brighton. (Mail)

kjelvi

« Svar #79 på: Desember 17, 2009, 09:05:19 »
Carver joins Argyle coaching team
FORMER Newcastle and Leeds coach John Carver has been appointed as Paul Mariner's assistant at Home Park.
Carver will be officially unveiled in his new role tomorrow.
Carver was assistant manager to Bobby Robson at Newcastle and was then appointed caretaker boss at St James’ Park until he was replaced by Graeme Souness.
He then moved on to Leeds, where he worked as first team coach.
Carver ended up as caretaker manager of Leeds for five matches when Kevin Blackwell was sacked.
The former Cardiff City player’s most recent job was as head coach of Major League Soccer side Toronto FC,  where he came up against Mariner, who was at New England Revolution.

thisisplymouth.co.uk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Carver_(footballer)

Smudge17

« Svar #80 på: Desember 17, 2009, 20:04:49 »

newsome

« Svar #81 på: Desember 17, 2009, 22:26:24 »

Der må jeg si meg helt enig... Kjempe god spiller med SKIKKELIGE engelske egenskaper, kjekt og se han har begynt og virkelig finne målet igjen også... 

Kan vi håpe på en fremtidig retur.... sammen med smithy!!!
Helt enig med dere alle!!!Bowyer var på sitt beste en fantastisk spiller.
Godt å se at han trives og leverer opp mot bra nivå igjen.

kjelvi

« Svar #82 på: Desember 18, 2009, 11:01:54 »

Derby will land Everton striker James Vaughan on loan until May to replace Wolves-bound Rob Hulse. (Mirror)

RAMS DENY WOLVES HULSE BID
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer_centre/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/09/12/02/SOCCER_Derby.html

Ipswich hope to beat Wolves, Newcastle and Middlesbrough to the £2.5m signing of Derby striker Rob Hulse. (The Sun)

kjelvi

« Svar #83 på: Desember 18, 2009, 11:05:55 »
Gus Poyet is wanted by former club Real Zaragoza, a month after taking charge at Brighton. (Mail)

ZARAGOZA KEEN ON POYET
Real Zaragoza have admitted they are keen to appoint Brighton boss Gus Poyet as their new manager
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer_centre/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/09/12/17/manual_101250.html

POYET RULES OUT ZARAGOZA SWITCH
Brighton manager Gus Poyet has dismissed reports linking him with a return to Real Zaragoza after the La Liga outfit registered their interest.
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer_centre/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer_league_1_and_2/09/12/17/manual_180722.html

kjelvi

« Svar #84 på: Desember 19, 2009, 19:02:52 »
Forgotten Footballer: Lucas Radebe

Full Name: Lucas Valeriu Radebe
Position: Centre Back
Nationality: South African (70 caps, 2 goals)
Clubs: Kazier Chiefs FC, Leeds United.

Lucas Radebe is a Leeds United legend. During his 11 year stay at Elland Road he firmly established himself as a first team regular. He captained the side for the first time under George Graham and was ever-present throughout the David O’Leary’s years and the eventual demise of the club.
He is idolised by his South African compatriots. Currently he is playing an influential role in the promotion of World Cup 2010 in South Africa.
‘The Chief’, as he was affectionately nicknamed by the Leeds fans, started his footballing career with Johannesburg club, Kazier Chiefs FC. He has admitted to having a tough upbringing which involved partaking in car thefts and being shot while walking on the street.
He spent four years at the Chiefs before moving to Yorkshire club Leeds for £250,000. Radebe soon established himself as the rock at the heart of the defence and earned the respect of players and managers alike.
His fine form subsequently led to him being linked with some of Europe’s top clubs; with Radebe famously professing he spurned the advances of Manchester United, opting to remain at his spiritual home at Elland Road.
At the beginning of the 1998-99 season, the South African was named as captain of the club. It was the beginning of an exciting three-year period where Leeds finished fourth and third in successive years, sparking runs in the UEFA Cup and Champions League.
Indeed Leeds enjoyed a fantastic run in the Champions League reaching the semi-finals. They were eventually knocked out by Valencia. Unfortunately Radebe sustained serious knee and ankle injuries which sidelined him for almost two years.
It was the beginning of the end for both Leeds United and Lucas Radebe.
Leeds United slipped down the tiers in English football and Radebe eventually retired in 2005. He held two testimonials, with the proceedings of both being donated to a charity of his choice.
He never scored a goal in the Premier League but did score twice in the UEFA Cup run during the 1999-00 season and once in the FA Cup in 1997.
He made 70 appearances for his country and scored twice, one came against England in a friendly. He was a member of the South Africa team that won the African Cup of Nations in 1995 and he represented his country at two World Cups in 1998 and 2000.

thesportreview.com

kjelvi

« Svar #85 på: Desember 19, 2009, 19:07:54 »
BLACKWELL: KILLA IS OFF
Sheffield United boss Kevin Blackwell has confirmed that defender Matthew Kilgallon will be leaving the club in the January transfer window.
Kilgallon is out of contract at the end of the season and has rejected the offer of an extension with the Championship club.
Blackwell admits the Blades are no longer in a position to offer the centre-half a lucrative deal and the club will now look to cash in during the New Year.
"It is a fait accompli that 'Killa' will be going," said Blackwell in the Yorkshire Post.
"He spoke to (chief executive) Trevor Birch, but we can't reach an agreement. At the moment, this club is not in a position to offer outrageous terms to anyone. We can't afford to pay the terms we used to.
"With the interest that has been shown, it will be difficult to keep him. There is significant interest from a few Premier League clubs now as well as one or two in the Championship."

kjelvi

« Svar #86 på: Desember 20, 2009, 16:50:26 »
Sunderland are interested in Tottenham striker Robbie Keane and are preparing a £12m bid for the Irishman.
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/647047/SUNDERLAND-LEAD-CHASE-FOR-KEANE.html

* Former West Ham manager Alan Curbishley is the man Championship QPR want as their next permanent manager. Paul Hart took the job on Friday but his contract is only til the end of the season. (Mirror)
* Alan Curbishley is the man QPR want as their next permanent manager. (NOTW)

Phil Brown is set to axe Peter Halmosi, Caleb Folan, Kamel Ghilas and Kevin Kilbane to reduce Hull's wage bill and land Kris Boyd from Rangers for £1million. (Star)

kjelvi

« Svar #87 på: Desember 21, 2009, 21:10:56 »

Sabella excels as coach of Estudiantes
Pep Guardiola is piling up the titles with Barcelona, and doing it in style - but he must surely face some competition for any coach of the year award from the man whose team gave him a scare on Saturday - Alejandro Sabella of Argentine side Estudiantes.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/timvickery/2009/12/pep_guardiola_is_piling_up.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alejandro_Sabella

Striker Robbie Keane is to remain as Tottenham captain 
Striker Robbie Keane is to remain as Tottenham captain despite his role in a secret Christmas party in Dublin last week, BBC Sport understands.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/8420933.stm
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer_centre/nw_story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/09/12/21/SOCCER_Tottenham.html

BLADES WANT FAIR KILGALLON PRICE
Sheffield United chairman Kevin McCabe insists Matthew Kilgallon will not be allowed to leave the club on the cheap in the January transfer window.
Blades boss Kevin Blackwell has admitted he is resigned to losing the highly-rated defender, who has been linked with the likes of Newcastle, Hull and Bolton.
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer_centre/nw_story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/09/12/21/SOCCER_League_Round-up.html

kjelvi

« Svar #88 på: Desember 22, 2009, 12:15:08 »
Tottenham are ready to sell Robbie Keane to Celtic in January but want goalkeeper Artur Boruc as part of the deal.
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Tottenham-star-set-for-shock-January-transfer-to-Celtic-article265453.html

Or, Keane will stay at White Hart Lane and remain club captain - despite angering Harry Redknapp by organising the club's Christmas party in Dublin behind the manager's back.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2780848/Robbie-Keane-can-carry-on-as-Tottenham-captain.html

Celtic hope to beat Hull, Bolton, Burnley and Newcastle to the £1m signing of Sheffield United defender Matthew Kilgallon.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2009/12/22/celtic-eye-1m-move-for-sheffield-utd-defender-matthew-kilgallon-86908-21915295/

TK20

« Svar #89 på: Desember 23, 2009, 11:20:26 »
Jones: McPhail looking fantastic

Cardiff manager Dave Jones has given a glowing update on Stephen McPhail's condition as he continues his treatment to overcome cancer.

Stephen McPahil

The Cardiff midfielder was diagnosed with stage one malt lymphoma in November but has targeted a return to action in January. The 30-year-old will be present at the Boxing Day clash at home to Plymouth, at which Riccy Scimeca will also be on hand to say his farewells following retirement.

Jones told the club's official website: "Stephen came in on Friday and he was looking absolutely fantastic. They said he would put on between four and eight pounds and he's put on four so he was really delighted with that.

"He's about six weeks into his rehab on the (thigh) operation he had, of course it's been curtailed a little bit by the therapy but he's not been fatigued as much as he thought he would be or they thought he would be. I think the next course of treatment probably will curtail him a little because it's the final bit. But he looked fantastic, he looked absolutely superb

"He's gone back now (to Ireland) and he has another week of therapy and then he'll be back with us for the game on Boxing Day.

"And the same with Riccy, he will be with us on Boxing Day and he can say his farewell to the fans. I think it's important for a player of his standing and the contribution that he's had at this football club, he deserves that."

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1786_5793689,00.html