Skrevet av Emne: Den økonomiske hverdagen, blir det bedre?  (Lest 152475 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Sv: Den økonomiske hverdagen, blir det bedre?
« Svar #570 på: April 07, 2022, 10:59:53 »
Finans-ekspert tolker tallene for YEP:
Ser bra ut.

"Phenomenal for a non 'big six' club" - expert details Leeds United accounts, profit and potential
Leeds United's 2020/21 accounts show an operating profit of £5.5m and a set of results that 'surpass expectations' in the eyes of football finance lecturer Kieran Maguire.

By Graham Smythe  Thursday, 7th April 2022, 8:51 am

The Whites are one of only two of last season's Premier League clubs to have reported a profit, from the 16 to have published their financial accounts to date.

Last year Leeds reported an operating loss of £64m and although their wage bill and transfer spending went up significantly for the 2021 accounts, Premier League income helped boost turnover from £54m to £171m.

Key to that were the top flight's central payments of £110m, broadcast revenue of £22m and record sponsorship and commercial deals with SBOTOP and Adidas.

Regardless of the riches made accessible by continued Premier League status, Maguire is impressed with Leeds' financial management as a club trying to stay amongst the elite.

"I quite like the way the club has protected itself from the worst of the Premier League because right at the very end it talks about bonuses that are paid if they avoid relegation," he said.The wage bill is high but it would have been a lot lower had the club gone down - £35m of the wage bill appears to be relegation avoidance bonuses and that's going to hit £48m this year, so it's quite the insurance policy, the way the club operates itself.

"Premier League status can do wonders for you but Leeds is now the 16th club to have published accounts for 2021 and only two of them have made an operating profit - only Leeds and Sheffield United made money last season.

"Sheffield United were in their second season of Premier League football and they were relegated. I suspect that if they'd finished 17th they might have made a loss because they would have paid significant relegation avoidance bonuses."

What the accounts show, yet again, is that Leeds United have an incredibly high ceiling if they can establish themselves as a club vying for European football. That's the dream that has been laid out by majority owner Andrea Radrizzani and his partners, 49ers Enterprises.

"The potential for Leeds is significant because it does have a brand in its own right, which it had in the Championship and not many clubs that come up have that," said Maguire.

"Commercial merchandise income can certainly increase going forwards because they had a successful first season on the pitch. "£20m in that regard is phenomenal by a non big six club. That does show that if Leeds have a good season and got into Europe the numbers would rocket further.

"As far as gate receipts go, they were £2m in these accounts - you'd expect them to go close to £20m for a full season. Catering income was also hit, that would be another £5m. I'd expect revenue to rise from those two sources to the thick end of £25m for a full season in the Premier League.

"The broadcast income is linked to final position so that will be geared by where Leeds finish this season but they're not going to go down, are they? The last two or three results have ensured that, so that gives them the security to plan ahead."

The accounts show a wage bill hike from the £78m reported last year to £108m, with an average weekly wage of £55k, and administrative costs at £152m.

They also spent £99m on transfers and borrowed £63m, but Maguire is not alarmed by the club's level of debt.

"To spend £99m in your first year in the Premier League for 16 years is much higher than we've seen from other clubs who have been promoted, with the exception of Aston Villa," he said.

"£99m is a lot of money. They did borrow, but £20m of that I suspect has come from the 49ers. The club is a little bit vague, it talks about related parties, so it will either be Radrizzani or the 49ers. You'd expect a club to have to borrow to provide some funding when it gets to the Premier League. The level of debt, by Premier League standards, is negligible and very much sustainable - my club Brighton, we owe the owner something like £340m.

Maguire suspects a sum of £21m in 'waived loans' will be money written off by Radrizzani as part of the deal to increase the 49ers' involvement in the club although he calls it a 'cosmetic exercise.'

One of the more intriguing aspects of Leeds' accounts is the disparity between their estimation of Covid costs - £23m - and Everton's estimation of £170m.

"Aston Villa's estimate was about £60m over two seasons, Sheff United's was much lower and then we've got Everton," said Maguire.

"I think what they were claiming was that Covid hit them hard in terms of the ability to sell players. If they believe they maybe would have been able to sell Cenk Tosun for £60m in a non-Covid environment that's their call. I think as a football fan we might have an alternative opinion as to why they didn't have significant player sales, because their recruitment was poor. The Everton figures have raised many an eyebrow. They're an outlier rather than Leeds."

Although the Premier League table looks rosier for Leeds than it did just a few weeks ago, they are still not mathematically safe from the drop. Relegation would be a disaster on many fronts but Maguire's 'beer mat calculations' suggest it would not be financially catastrophic thanks to their self-insuring policy on relegation bonuses.

In all, he sees a sensibly-run club.

"The club has been cautious and has not gambled as we have seen some do historically," he said.

"These results surpass expectations and there is an element of conservatism. The fact that they've got these relegation avoidance bonuses shows a club that clearly aimed for survival and by finishing top half that boosted results significantly and gave balance to the hit created by Covid.

"In a Covid year, with all the costs of promotion and the gambles you take, they've got to be seen as a good set of results."

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/phenomenal-for-a-non-big-six-club-expert-details-leeds-united-accounts-profit-and-potential-3644000
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Andersen

« Svar #571 på: April 07, 2022, 14:36:36 »
Augostine saken kan vel dra ned overskuddet klubben har lagt frem i dag?

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #572 på: April 07, 2022, 15:52:21 »

Kommer nok på fremtidige resultat, det.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Woody

« Svar #573 på: April 07, 2022, 16:31:21 »

Kommer nok på fremtidige resultat, det.

Kommer ikke som fremtidige inntekter hvertfall  ;D
LIFE IS LEEDS

Dennis

« Svar #574 på: April 07, 2022, 20:00:06 »

Den kommer først i neste periode og muligens 2022/23 om ikke endelig tap kommer før 1. juli.
Marching on together!

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #575 på: Januar 19, 2023, 23:30:48 »
Just two years on from playing in England’s second tier, Leeds United are already among the 20 biggest revenue drivers in world football. At the end of only a second season in the Premier League, the Whites were making more money than all but eight other top-flight outfits.

Outside the traditional big six clubs, only West Ham United and Leicester City were making more money than Leeds at the end of last season. Deloitte Football Money League, the industry’s most contemporary and reliable independent analysis of financial performance, says Leeds have cracked the world’s top 20 for the first time in 19 seasons. (18.plass)

Link til Deloitte...
https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/sports-business-group/articles/deloitte-football-money-league.html

These statistics, undoubtedly old news for financial minds in the Elland Road boardroom, can only encourage what may be around the corner under a new ownership model. The city, fan base, stadium footprint and income is there to take Leeds to the next level and beyond.

The small matter of remaining in the division this season is of paramount importance to keep this juggernaut edging in the right direction.

49ers Enterprises' proposed Leeds United takeover gets a hugely reassuring shot in the arm
Leeds United is likely to be taken over by 49ers Enterprises in the near future with a transition of power from Andrea Radrizzani and new figures only underline why the American group wanted to invest

Artikkelen i sin helhet
https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/49ers-enterprises-leeds-united-takeover-26023838
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Stut og Fjærkre

« Svar #576 på: Januar 20, 2023, 10:30:37 »
Just two years on from playing in England’s second tier, Leeds United are already among the 20 biggest revenue drivers in world football. At the end of only a second season in the Premier League, the Whites were making more money than all but eight other top-flight outfits.

Outside the traditional big six clubs, only West Ham United and Leicester City were making more money than Leeds at the end of last season. Deloitte Football Money League, the industry’s most contemporary and reliable independent analysis of financial performance, says Leeds have cracked the world’s top 20 for the first time in 19 seasons. (18.plass)

Link til Deloitte...
https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/sports-business-group/articles/deloitte-football-money-league.html

These statistics, undoubtedly old news for financial minds in the Elland Road boardroom, can only encourage what may be around the corner under a new ownership model. The city, fan base, stadium footprint and income is there to take Leeds to the next level and beyond.

The small matter of remaining in the division this season is of paramount importance to keep this juggernaut edging in the right direction.

49ers Enterprises' proposed Leeds United takeover gets a hugely reassuring shot in the arm
Leeds United is likely to be taken over by 49ers Enterprises in the near future with a transition of power from Andrea Radrizzani and new figures only underline why the American group wanted to invest

Artikkelen i sin helhet
https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/49ers-enterprises-leeds-united-takeover-26023838

Takk for linken.
Ser av tallene til United, at 61% av inntektene er fra TV rettigheter. åpen dør, men det beviser hvor essensielt det opprykket var.

Også interessant at Liverpool som har en stadion som er 43% større enn vår, klarer å dra inn 4 ganger så mye på matchdag. Viser at det forretningsmessig er lurt å drive en turistfelleklubb, uten lokal forankring, der nesten alle som kjøper et sete også kjøper en drakt på kampdagen. Men viktigere understreker det poenget til A. Kinnear om det må inn en del VIP bokser når West stand skal utvides.

Vi har allerede passert West Ham og Leicester på kommersielle inntekter, der jobber åpenbart  Radrizzani  bra. Men så er jo merkevaren også mye bedre, og lettere og selge.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #577 på: April 09, 2023, 08:54:53 »
Så er 21/22-tallene offisielle:

Leeds 21/22 accounts published
Record income of £189m
Operating loss £34m
Jean-Kevin Augustin settlement £15.5m
Bielsa payoff £3.5m
#LUFC

https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status/1644941030079315968?s=20

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #578 på: April 09, 2023, 09:00:20 »

https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status/1644941030079315968?s=20

Dette er starten på en twittertråd, plenty of info i de følgende tweeter.

Så, spørsmålet han likevel får til slutt:

Sitat
What is you’re overall thoughts Kieran, are we in decent financial shape?

Solid enough, plenty of saleable inventories

Sitat
To the naked eye it may look hairy but imho this is ok right ? In premier League terms?

It’s fine, player sales summer 22 will ensure that
« Siste redigering: April 09, 2023, 09:03:39 av Asbjørn »
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Cherry

« Svar #579 på: April 09, 2023, 10:53:06 »
Altså pga Raphina og Kalvin- salgene så vil tallene bli ok for regnskapet som nå kommer ut.......slik å forstå?

Noen som vet mer om planene ift ny stadion?  Ganske stille rundt dette for tiden..

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #580 på: April 09, 2023, 11:06:34 »

Noen som vet mer om planene ift ny stadion?  Ganske stille rundt dette for tiden..

Ikke mange dagene siden det ble skrevet om i alle fall...

https://forum.leedsunited.no/index.php?topic=7767.0
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #581 på: April 09, 2023, 12:22:53 »

Operating loss £34m

£34m isn't really such a 'huge loss' when I read elsewhere that Chelsea had an operating loss of £235m in the same period.🤔😲

https://twitter.com/McClumsy84/status/1645008711084130304?s=20

::)
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Andersen

« Svar #582 på: April 09, 2023, 12:29:21 »
Årsregnskapet for Leeds United ser jo ikke så gæli ut ! I forhold til andre klubber som sliter.

Cannavaro

« Svar #583 på: Mai 30, 2023, 22:45:23 »
Vi må regne med masse endringer i klubben tenker jeg ; ny ledelse, manager, spillerlogistikk o.s.v.
Syns det var interessant å lese hva Hallgeir postet 24.5. fra FB med hentydning til Phil Hay :

‼️Wage bill‼️
Leeds’ last recorded wage bill, for the 2021-22 year, was £121million, and after so many signings made this season it can only have increased.
Plainly, they could not afford to carry such high costs while in the EFL, but they would be helped at the outset by substantial reductions in the salaries earned by their first-team squad.
The players stand to incur hefty wage cuts in the aftermath of relegation, with drops of up to 60 per cent (some in line with the increases a number of them received after winning promotion three years ago).
Clauses in their contracts allow Leeds to automatically decrease their earnings when in the EFL, bringing down the outlay overnight.
None of that would stop Leeds having one of the highest Championship wage bills but between parachute payments, transfer income and shareholder investment, it is possible to manage a large salaries figure for a finite period.
The problem comes if a relegated club find themselves stuck outside the Premier League for a sustained spell.
An expensive squad becomes harder and harder to maintain in those circumstances.

Dette er absolutt noe man må tenke på vedr. spillerlogistikk ; det er flere spillere her som ønsker å tjene gode penger på fotballen, og sågar ønske seg vekk fra Leeds.  Med potensiale opp til 60 % reduksjon av lønna så tenker jeg det er flere som ønsker seg bort fra Leeds.  Den økonomiske hverdagen blir totalt forandret, la oss anta at spillerlønninger er et sted opp mot 180 Mio pund, og fallskjermen er 45/50 Mio pund....en halvering av lønningene er påkrevet.  Det er masse kompleksitet i arbeidet med hvem man skal/ønsker å kvitte seg med vs. ny manager og spillestil...hvem er det stort ønske om å beholde ?Dette blir en veldig krevende sommer for klubben, det er jeg sikker på....og det aller viktigste å få på plass er nye eiere. Hvem skal bestemme og ta de riktige beslutningene for fremtida til klubben ??  Hvem ønsker å styre skuta og hvilke spillere ønsker å komme til oss ??  Jeg antar det blir mye turnover i spillergruppa, og jeg har ikke begrep om hva som vil skje her....og når man skal bygge noe nytt for en ny sesong som begynner om litt over to måneder så kan jeg ikke tro annet at dette blir krevende.

Noen andre med saklig input eller forståelse rundt dette ?
MFLU - Miracles For Leeds United