Skrevet av Emne: Ex fotballkonsulent: Graham Bean  (Lest 7364 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Leedsfan

Ex fotballkonsulent: Graham Bean
« på: August 21, 2014, 16:30:23 »
Wiki:
"Graham Bean (born 1961) was the first Compliance Officer of the English Football Association.

Born in Barnsley, he served with the South Yorkshire Police for 20 years before joining the Football Association in January 1999. He had previously served as chairman of the Football Supporters Association (FSA) from 1996 until his appointment at the FA. Whilst chairman of the FSA, he served on the Football Task Force, which was chaired by former Conservative MP David Mellor.

Whilst at the FA, Bean investigated many high profile disciplinary incidents and led investigations into financial irregularities at Chesterfield and Boston United. On leaving the FA in 2003 Bean set up his own football disciplinary consultancy service, Football Factors. Bean has also worked as an adviser to Sir Alex Ferguson.

In 2012, TwoHundredPercent.net referred to Bean as a cybersquatter after he began buying up internet addresses relating to the Northwich Victoria Supporters Trust's new football club the day after a vote on the name. When interviewed by the Northwich Guardian Bean argued that he engages in "sharp business practice"."

Bean er han til høyre:)

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-fa-appoint-mr-bean-as-new-sleazebuster-1184251.html
Sitat
Graham Bean, who will give up his job as a detective constable in the South Yorkshire police force to take up his new position in January, has been the national chairman of the Football Supporters' Association for the past two years.

Bean's new role - his official title will be Football Association Compliance Officer - will be to oversee issues of financial irregularities, drug abuse, racism, violent play and general misconduct within football.

"As compliance officer, he will be responsible for investigating and, where appropriate, prosecuting disciplinary cases and alleged breaches of the FA's rules and regulations," an FA spokesman said yesterday.

In high-profile cases of alleged misconduct by players, managers or clubs, Bean will investigate the evidence and recommend to FA chief executive Graham Kelly - who remains the overall decision-maker on such issues - whether action should be taken. If a personal hearing is then requested before an FA disciplinary committee, Bean will take on the role of prosecutor, which does not currently exist.

The FSA added in a statement: "We welcome the establishment of the post and hope the compliance officer and in time any future compliance unit will make a significant contribution to tightening up regulation within the game, particularly in relation to the financial affairs of individual clubs.

"We congratulate Graham and, although he will step down as FSA chair at the FSA national committee meeting on 15 November, we are confident that he will continue to represent the interests of fans competently and effectively in his new post."

Bean was elected national chairman of the FSA in July 1996 and in that capacity is a member of the Football Task Force headed by former MP and broadcaster David Mellor.

While at the FSA, Bean has also been involved in setting up a nationwide bank of solicitors and barristers with expertise in football-related law.

The role of a compliance officer was first proposed in Sir John Smith's report to the FA last year into the values, finances and reputation of football in the wake of the so-called `bungs' inquiry.

Other measures being introduced following the report are the establishment of a code of conduct, the modernisation of disciplinary processes and the setting-up of a financial advisory unit to give information to clubs. A short-list of 10 lawyers, police officers and people with a criminal justice background was drawn up for the new post, from which Bean was chosen.
« Siste redigering: September 26, 2014, 21:19:56 av Hallgeir * »
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Sv: Fotballkonsulent: Graham Bean
« Svar #1 på: August 21, 2014, 18:15:36 »
....jeg merker jeg ikke henger helt med her, hvorfor er dette på OEF og ikke på off topic????
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Hallgeir *

« Svar #2 på: August 21, 2014, 18:43:59 »
....jeg merker jeg ikke henger helt med her, hvorfor er dette på OEF og ikke på off topic????

Kanskje Mr. Bean er morsom....  ::)
Super Leeds since 1968

GeirO

« Svar #3 på: August 21, 2014, 19:05:43 »
Syntes det var interessant å se hvem som får alle italienere til å skrive navnet sitt på et papir. En ny kjendis!
MOT

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #4 på: August 21, 2014, 19:10:48 »
Syntes det var interessant å se hvem som får alle italienere til å skrive navnet sitt på et papir. En ny kjendis!
...jeg må si jeg smeltet når jeg så LUFC-badgen rundt halsen hans  :D

I artikkelen så jeg ingenting Leeds-relatert...  :P
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #5 på: August 21, 2014, 19:11:34 »

Kanskje Mr. Bean er morsom....  ::)

Joda, jeg har hatt et soft spot for Mr Bean :)
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Leedsfan

Fotballkonsulent: Graham Bean
« Svar #6 på: August 21, 2014, 19:29:37 »

Dette er jo mannen som Cellino betaler for å gi gode råd når det gjelder mye som omhandler LUFC. Har fått med meg at han har hjulpet til med kostnadsbesparelser og nå sitter han sammen med nye spillere når de signerer.

Artikkelen er jo gammel, men prøver å belyse litt om bakgrunnen hans.

Selv om du ikke er up to date med alt som skjer i klubben så betyr det ikke at relevant stoff er off-topic!
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #7 på: August 21, 2014, 19:34:40 »

Selv om du ikke er up to date med alt som skjer i klubben så betyr det ikke at relevant stoff er off-topic!

Neinei, jeg stilte spr for å finne ut av det, ikke fordi jeg var sur ;)

Og det hadde liksom hjulpet om du skreiv det, da  :P

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Leedsfan

« Svar #8 på: August 21, 2014, 19:36:59 »

Neinei, jeg stilte spr for å finne ut av det, ikke fordi jeg var sur ;)

Og det hadde liksom hjulpet om du skreiv det, da  :P

:)

Leedsfan

« Svar #9 på: August 21, 2014, 22:35:11 »
Angry Leeds consultant Graham Bean cuts ties with agents over money owed in Stephen Warnock deal
Man who runs day-to-day operations at Leeds won't deal with SEM agents
He dealt with company's managing director Craig Honeyman over Warnock
One text from Honeyman called Bean a 'pathetic old policeman' and said: 'Don't ever try to threaten or intimidate me. I've seen your waisteline'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2713691/CHARLES-SALE-Angry-Leeds-consultant-Graham-Bean-cuts-ties-agents-money-owed-Stephen-Warnock-deal.html#ixzz3B3pY142c

A row over money owed from full back Stephen Warnock’s move from Aston Villa to Leeds in January 2013 has led to Elland Road refusing to deal with football agents SEM in future.
Leeds consultant Graham Bean, effectively in day-to-day control for Italian owner Massimo Cellino, has cut any ties with SEM following incendiary texts sent to him by their managing director Craig Honeyman.
One text from Honeyman infuriated Bean, highly respected former FA compliance chief. It read: ‘Pathetic old policeman trying to throw his weight around. It doesn’t work without the uniform old man. I will meet you anywhere any time no problem. Don’t ever try to threaten or intimidate me. I’ve seen your waistline.’

Bean said: ‘Mr Honeyman needs to be a lot more professional in his dealings with clubs. Sending such immature messages is not acceptable in any form of business.’
Honeyman took over as CEO after Jerome Anderson resigned last September. He said: ‘Commission was due on a deal. Leeds didn’t want to pay. Our lawyers dealt with the matter. Payment was received and we all move on.’

Leedsfan

« Svar #10 på: September 26, 2014, 20:17:23 »

Jon R

« Svar #11 på: September 26, 2014, 20:48:27 »
Personalpolitikk som lugger litt eller grunnløst oppgulp fra en bitter mann som nettopp har mistet jobben sin? 
Jon R.

Rudi G.

• Gjest
« Svar #12 på: September 26, 2014, 20:52:29 »
Personalpolitikk som lugger litt eller grunnløst oppgulp fra en bitter mann som nettopp har mistet jobben sin? 

Brenner uansett broer, blir ikke lett å få jobb i ny klubb etter dette.

Jon R

« Svar #13 på: September 26, 2014, 20:55:50 »

Lite taktisk ja. Jeg ville ikke ansatt en slik mann ( men antagelig ikke sparket han heller)   :P
Jon R.

Hallgeir *

« Svar #14 på: September 26, 2014, 21:05:01 »

Cellino gjør det vel heller ikke lett for seg selv å finne (gode) folk som vil jobbe for han. Til det er hans personalpolitikk alt for ekstrem.

Jeg tror for øvrig at Cellino sine favorittbukser er sparkebukser.
« Siste redigering: September 26, 2014, 21:08:18 av Hallgeir * »
Super Leeds since 1968

Leedsfan

« Svar #15 på: September 26, 2014, 21:09:42 »
En som innrømmer at han har gjort drittjobb for Cellino og nå forteller "sannheten".. Har man respekt for slike mennesker? Så lenge de får betalt så tier de og gjør uetiske ting!!

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #16 på: September 26, 2014, 21:13:37 »
...det har skjedd visse positive trekk rundt Leeds United i Cellinos tid - men i behandlingen av ansatte er det så avgjort nok av eksempler på 'uheldige trekk'. Akkurat det tror jeg ikke det er særlig kontroversielt å hevde....  ::)
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Leedsfan

Sv: Ex fotballkonsulent: Graham Bean
« Svar #17 på: September 26, 2014, 22:39:28 »
Trouble with Mr Bean at Leeds United
Up until today, I thought of Graham Bean as a behind-the-scenes administrator at Leeds United: a solid, suited Yorkshireman who quietly got on with the business of signing off contracts, paying bills and dealing with the Football League.
That image changed dramatically when the 53-year-old came out all guns blazing after a quite spectacular falling out with Leeds United's irascible Italian owner, Massimo Cellino.

Bean, 53, took to Twitter, using his little-known account, @FootballFactors, to publicly lambast Cellino.

He wrote "never seen morale so low anywhere (as Leeds)" and "relieved to be out of the mad house".

I spoke to Bean this evening (more of that later) and his anger was still palpable. I could picture him with his sleeves rolled up and fists clenched as he spoke.

Of course Cellino is not averse to apparent impulse sackings.

We saw that when he fired Brian McDermott before he had even taken over the club; we saw it when Benito Carbone was ditched as a technical consultant; we saw it when Andrew Umbers, who had been brought in to oversee cost-cutting at Elland Road, was ruthlessly dispensed with.

The falling out with Bean was still very unexpected though. After all, this was a man who was performing an awful lot of the administrative tasks at the club and who seemed to be quietly effective.

Bean - the Football Association's first ever compliance officer, and before that a policeman for two decades - had signed off the deals for 15 new players after being brought in on a 12-month contract as a consultant by Cellino.

The reason for his dismissal appears, on the face of it, very trivial.

This is the story. Bean agreed to Reading's request to move their league game against Leeds next week back 24 hours, from Tuesday to Wednesday.

This was because the Royals’ game against Wolves this weekend was moved from Saturday to Sunday so it could be shown live on Sky TV, and the Berkshire side wanted an extra day to recover.

Bean argues the Football League would have insisted the game was moved anyway.

He told me: “It was three months ago, and he (Cellino) was on holiday.

“Reading asked ‘Can we move the game 24 hours, from Tuesday to Wednesday’. It was the middle of transfer window and I had a thousand and one things to do.

"I agreed. The League would have made us do it anyway.

“Yesterday he (Cellino) found out about it. So I get a phone call from a lackey of his (a club employee in the accounts department) to tell me I’d been fired.”

Bean says he’s been told that Cellino was “apoplectic” when he found out about the fixture change, and was “foaming at the mouth”.

When I put Bean’s comments to Cellino, he replied: “I don’t give a f**k. I have to run this club my way. I don’t like to talk about private matters. Ciao.”

It's easy to view the Italian's actions as irrational.

But there are explanations for his actions.

First off, Cellino is incredibly competitive and completely absorbed by the club. He wouldn’t have wanted to give Reading any mercy at all after their Sunday fixture against Wolves.

He's also long harboured a suspicion that the League fixtures are weighted against his side.

When he was in the process of buying Leeds last season, they were in the middle of a long run of consecutive away games in the Championship, which he just couldn’t fathom - and he promised such a thing would never happen on his watch.

It's perhaps fair to say that Cellino should have spoken to Bean to get his reasons for the fixture switch though, rather than summarily axing him.

Bean also says there was a clause in his contract stipulating that if there was a breach, then 14 days would be allowed to remedy it, which has obviously not been adhered to here.

Bean also made a fair point when he pointed at the lack of people to help Cellino run the club when he tweeted: “no more signings – who is there to do the paperwork?”

After being informed of his dismissal, Bean says he called Cellino to confront him about his decision and the way it had been handled.

Now, I for one would have been paid to listen in to this particular conversation.

Bean says he told the Italian exactly what he thought of him, using some choice Yorkshire language, and he admits the C-bomb was dropped at least once.

Cellino was apparently quite taken aback and told Bean to “watch your mouth”.

Bean is still angry and promises this won't be the end of the matter. So, as my dearly departed nan used to say, watch this space.

Simon Austin at 13:30

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #18 på: September 26, 2014, 22:48:14 »
Trouble with Mr Bean at Leeds United
Up until today, I thought of Graham Bean as a behind-the-scenes administrator at Leeds United: a solid, suited Yorkshireman who quietly got on with the business of signing off contracts, paying bills and dealing with the Football League.
That image changed dramatically when the 53-year-old came out all guns blazing after a quite spectacular falling out with Leeds United's irascible Italian owner, Massimo Cellino.

Bean, 53, took to Twitter, using his little-known account, @FootballFactors, to publicly lambast Cellino.

He wrote "never seen morale so low anywhere (as Leeds)" and "relieved to be out of the mad house".

I spoke to Bean this evening (more of that later) and his anger was still palpable. I could picture him with his sleeves rolled up and fists clenched as he spoke.

Of course Cellino is not averse to apparent impulse sackings.

We saw that when he fired Brian McDermott before he had even taken over the club; we saw it when Benito Carbone was ditched as a technical consultant; we saw it when Andrew Umbers, who had been brought in to oversee cost-cutting at Elland Road, was ruthlessly dispensed with.

The falling out with Bean was still very unexpected though. After all, this was a man who was performing an awful lot of the administrative tasks at the club and who seemed to be quietly effective.

Bean - the Football Association's first ever compliance officer, and before that a policeman for two decades - had signed off the deals for 15 new players after being brought in on a 12-month contract as a consultant by Cellino.

The reason for his dismissal appears, on the face of it, very trivial.

This is the story. Bean agreed to Reading's request to move their league game against Leeds next week back 24 hours, from Tuesday to Wednesday.

This was because the Royals’ game against Wolves this weekend was moved from Saturday to Sunday so it could be shown live on Sky TV, and the Berkshire side wanted an extra day to recover.

Bean argues the Football League would have insisted the game was moved anyway.

He told me: “It was three months ago, and he (Cellino) was on holiday.

“Reading asked ‘Can we move the game 24 hours, from Tuesday to Wednesday’. It was the middle of transfer window and I had a thousand and one things to do.

"I agreed. The League would have made us do it anyway.

“Yesterday he (Cellino) found out about it. So I get a phone call from a lackey of his (a club employee in the accounts department) to tell me I’d been fired.”

Bean says he’s been told that Cellino was “apoplectic” when he found out about the fixture change, and was “foaming at the mouth”.

When I put Bean’s comments to Cellino, he replied: “I don’t give a f**k. I have to run this club my way. I don’t like to talk about private matters. Ciao.”

It's easy to view the Italian's actions as irrational.

But there are explanations for his actions.

First off, Cellino is incredibly competitive and completely absorbed by the club. He wouldn’t have wanted to give Reading any mercy at all after their Sunday fixture against Wolves.

He's also long harboured a suspicion that the League fixtures are weighted against his side.

When he was in the process of buying Leeds last season, they were in the middle of a long run of consecutive away games in the Championship, which he just couldn’t fathom - and he promised such a thing would never happen on his watch.

It's perhaps fair to say that Cellino should have spoken to Bean to get his reasons for the fixture switch though, rather than summarily axing him.

Bean also says there was a clause in his contract stipulating that if there was a breach, then 14 days would be allowed to remedy it, which has obviously not been adhered to here.

Bean also made a fair point when he pointed at the lack of people to help Cellino run the club when he tweeted: “no more signings – who is there to do the paperwork?”

After being informed of his dismissal, Bean says he called Cellino to confront him about his decision and the way it had been handled.

Now, I for one would have been paid to listen in to this particular conversation.

Bean says he told the Italian exactly what he thought of him, using some choice Yorkshire language, and he admits the C-bomb was dropped at least once.

Cellino was apparently quite taken aback and told Bean to “watch your mouth”.

Bean is still angry and promises this won't be the end of the matter. So, as my dearly departed nan used to say, watch this space.

Simon Austin at 13:30
Det er vel bare èn ting å si: fan-tastic!

Og det rommer så mye  ::) ::) ::)
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #19 på: September 27, 2014, 11:03:01 »
Han tweetet i sommer hvilke oppgaver han hadde i Leeds United.

Graham Bean:

@FootballFactors: @LardyWhite I am carrying out all Club Secretary and Football Administration on behalf of LUFC as well as assisting MC in all club matters.

::)
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Erik_

« Svar #20 på: September 27, 2014, 11:11:42 »
Er det Graham Bean som står for alt som skrives på denne Twitter-kontoen? Mye oppgulp i så fall.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #21 på: September 27, 2014, 11:14:51 »
Er det Graham Bean som står for alt som skrives på denne Twitter-kontoen? Mye oppgulp i så fall.

Han var i hvert fall seriøs i sommer fra denne kontoen.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Andersen

« Svar #22 på: September 28, 2014, 13:12:26 »
Og der røyk det vel en del jobber i andre fremtidige klubber vil jeg tro ?  ::) MC som sjef er en ting, men å gå ut på twitter  og lire av seg ting om sin gamle sjef er lite gjennomtenkt .

Promotion 2010

« Svar #23 på: September 30, 2014, 10:39:19 »
Leeds in disarray as Championship club approach axed Graham Bean for advice on match-day squad

ByCharles Sale

Published: 23:16 GMT, 29 September 2014 | Updated: 08:16 GMT, 30 September 2014

Pantomime club Leeds asked a football administrator advice on an important team issue at the weekend after he had been sacked by madcap owner Massimo Cellino.

The Italian axed Graham Bean, who had been effectively acting as chief executive, for not consulting him on Leeds changing their fixture against Reading from Tuesday night to Wednesday.

Leeds owner Massimo Cellino stands with fans in the away end at Brentford on Saturday

This is despite Bean having no say in the decision because Football League rules allow Reading to make the switch having played a TV game last Sunday.

Cellino, said by Leeds staff to be in an uncontrollable rage over this run-of-the-mill issue, also made sure Bean’s security pass into Elland Road was immediately cancelled.

Nevertheless, Bean was contacted by the club before their defeat at Brentford last Saturday because nobody was sure how many home-grown players — it is six — had to be included in the match-day squad.

Bean, understandably, replied Leeds should contact Cellino for advice on the matter.

To add to the Leeds circus, Bean’s predecessor David Haigh is still imprisoned in Dubai without charge four and a half months after his arrest following allegations of financial wrongdoing by former Leeds owners GFH Capital.

Meanwhile, the Football League are awaiting their copy of the Italian judge’s report that is said to describe Cellino’s tax evasion as ‘elusive intent’. It may still affect a ruling on whether he is an appropriate owner of Leeds.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2774317/Leeds-disarray-Championship-club-approach-axed-Graham-Bean-advice-match-day-squad.html#ixzz3EmoPhSWZ
 Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

OG HVOR NEGATIVT KAN DETTE VÆRE?

Synes kanskje det burde være på en eller annen forside!  :D
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Jon R

Jon R.