Skrevet av Emne: Ex-spillere: Tvillingene JACK MCKAY & PAUL MCKAY  (Lest 5141 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

RoarG

Ex-spillere: Tvillingene JACK MCKAY & PAUL MCKAY
« på: Januar 11, 2016, 19:28:51 »
Nysigneringer fra Doncaster. Kjenner ikke mer til dem enn det som står i artikkelen.
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/leedsunited/news/41636/
« Siste redigering: Januar 27, 2019, 15:47:35 av Asbjørn »
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

Nye tvillingspillere: JACK MCKAY & PAUL MCKAY
« Svar #1 på: Januar 11, 2016, 19:56:11 »
To nye spillere fra Doncaster. To og et halvt års kontrakter for tvillingene!

UNITED COMPLETE DEAL FOR MCKAY BROTHERS
Twin brothers make the switch from Doncaster Rovers...

PUBLISHED 11 JANUARY 2016 AT 05:00

Jack Mckay And Paul Mckay
 13 1100 JACK MCKAY, PAUL MCKAY
We are delighted to confirm the double signing of twin brothers Jack and Paul McKay from Doncaster Rovers for undisclosed fees.

The Glasgow-born pair, who are both 19, have penned two-and-a-half-year deals at Elland Road and are initially expected to gain game time with the Under-21s while training with the first-team squad.

Jack is a striker who collected Doncaster’s Academy Player of the Year award in 2013, while twin brother Paul is a promising central defender who signed professional terms in 2014.

Both players had tastes of first-team football during their time at Doncaster, with Jack making his senior debut away to Sheffield United in November 2014 and Paul making his bow against Burton Albion in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy last season.

Jack told leedsunited.com: “It’s a massive club. As soon as I found out that Leeds wanted to bring us me here, I said ‘yes’ straight away.

“We were both told this morning that Leeds had come in for us and we were buzzing to hear it.

“I know there’s competition here with the young strikers, but that doesn’t really matter to me. I know that if I’m not the best then I won’t play. I have to be at my best.

“I’ve played with my brother for a long time and we know each other’s game well.

“It works especially well with him being at the back and me being up front. I can make runs and I don’t even have to call for the ball from him. He knows how I play and I know how to make runs for him. He knows where I’ll be.

“I’m a striker who works hard and does a lot of running. I love going in behind the defence to score goals. This is a great opportunity for me and one which I hope to take.”

Paul added: “It’s a massive club and I’m delighted to have signed up.

“You look at the young players here recently – Sam Byram, Lewis Cook, Alex Mowatt – they’ve all broken into the first team and have become regular players.

“There’s definitely a pathway here for a young players like myself and my brother to kick on.

“To start with I think we will get games in the Under-21s and train with the first team when we can and then take it from there.

“It’s good having someone else in the family doing the same thing as you. It can help ease you into a new club."

- See more at: http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/1qxvlhocr6uir1x1hcu03ljwqf#sthash.wWOPNzMA.dpuf
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Sv: Unge spillere: McKay tvillingene
« Svar #2 på: Januar 11, 2016, 20:34:01 »
Phil Hay @PhilHayYEP 9m9 minutes ago
Bit of context to the McKay twins signing - West Ham United also bid for them and Leeds decided to match that offer

:D
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

Sv: Nye tvillingspillere: JACK MCKAY & PAUL MCKAY
« Svar #3 på: Januar 11, 2016, 20:54:26 »
Hay
Two-and-a-half year deals for both of the McKays. They're the sons of agent Willie McKay. #lufc
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #4 på: Januar 11, 2016, 20:55:02 »
Pope
The McKay twins are the sons of agent Willie McKay who looked after El Hadji Diouf. #Lufc
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Leedsfan

« Svar #6 på: Januar 11, 2016, 20:59:53 »

Pope
The McKay twins are the sons of agent Willie McKay who looked after El Hadji Diouf. #Lufc

....og Ross McContract!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

auren

« Svar #7 på: Januar 11, 2016, 22:54:44 »
Hmmmm.. Begge er altså 19 år gamle og har knapt spilt kamper for Doncaster i L1. Tviler derfor på at de er så veldig talentfulle…

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Annesj

« Svar #8 på: Januar 12, 2016, 16:39:21 »
West Ham ville nå gjerne ha de også ihvertfall.
Marching on together
We're gonna see you win (na, na, na, na, na, na)
We are so proud
We shout it out loud
We love you Leeds - Leeds - Leeds

RoarG

« Svar #9 på: Januar 29, 2017, 14:34:07 »
Det er altså Paul som er dagens debutant. Lykke til deg også, Paul.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #10 på: Februar 04, 2017, 17:32:19 »
Jack McKay på lån til Adrie har nettopp utlignet til 1-1 mot Peterhead i Skottland!!!

:)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #11 på: Desember 18, 2017, 23:04:22 »
Henger fortsatt sammen. Nå i Cardiff:

Phil Hay

Academy twins Jack and Paul McKay agree to sever contracts at #lufc and take up trials with Cardiff City’s under 23s:

Leeds United: Whites twins link up with former boss Warnock at Cardiff City

Phil Hay
Published: 18:54 Monday 18 December 2017
 Paul McKay
Paul McKay
Leeds United have released academy youngsters Paul and Jack McKay after two years on the books at Elland Road.

The twins agreed to sever their contracts six months early by mutual consent and began a trial at Cardiff City by featuring for the Welsh club’s Under-23s yesterday.

Jack McKay
Jack McKay
The McKays – the sons of football agent Willie McKay – were signed by Leeds from Doncaster Rovers in January 2016 as part of an attempt by United to increase a dwindling pool of development-squad players.

Striker Jack failed to make a senior appearance for Leeds and spent time on loan at Scottish lower league club Airdrie last season.

Centre-back McKay played once in an FA Cup fourth-round defeat to non-league Sutton United last January but has not featured since.

The 21-year-olds played regularly for Leeds’ Under-23s this season but both were due to reach the end of their deals after the conclusion of this season and were likely to be released.

They were used by Cardiff – managed by former Whites boss Neil Warnock – in a 3-3 draw against Charlton Athletic’s development squad this afternoon.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Barry

Sv: Ex-Tvillingspillere: JACK MCKAY & PAUL MCKAY
« Svar #12 på: Desember 19, 2017, 00:00:41 »
Ikke en dag for tidlig.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #13 på: Januar 27, 2019, 00:21:54 »
Tariq Panja

Had no idea Willie McKay’s twin sons both have professional contracts with Cardiff City. Strange signings in that nothing they’d done at previous clubs suggests they’d be first team material. Maybe they’re late bloomers.

Stuart Turner

Have a story about a manager who told a player that he wasn’t going to cut it in Eng football but could sort him out. Gave him a pro contract, went to board three weeks later and said he’s home sick we’ll have to pay him off. Managers cut was 50% of pay off. Dirty business.

::)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Hallgeir *

« Svar #14 på: Januar 27, 2019, 14:08:24 »
Den trådtittelen må da være riv ruskende gal.....  i alle fall så lenge begge er i live.  ;)
Super Leeds since 1968

Lucas the Kop Cat

« Svar #15 på: Januar 27, 2019, 15:34:58 »
Den trådtittelen må da være riv ruskende gal.....  i alle fall så lenge begge er i live.  ;)
Burde kanskje vært " Tvilling-ex-spillere" ja.

Sent fra min ONEPLUS A6003 via Tapatalk

RoarG

« Svar #16 på: Januar 27, 2019, 15:43:17 »
Burde kanskje vært " Tvilling-ex-spillere" ja.

Sent fra min ONEPLUS A6003 via Tapatalk
Kanskje bare kutte "Tvilling"?

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Sv: Ex-spillere: Tvillingene JACK MCKAY & PAUL MCKAY
« Svar #17 på: Januar 27, 2019, 15:48:14 »
Gikk for denne, jeg :)
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Hallgeir *

« Svar #18 på: Januar 27, 2019, 15:53:14 »
Gikk for denne, jeg :)

Flott, Asbjørn!  :)
Super Leeds since 1968

RoarG

« Svar #19 på: Juni 10, 2021, 11:50:07 »
En av tvillingene McKay (noen som husker dem?), har fått kontrakt med Queen of The South. De forlot Leeds til fordel for Cardiff for nesten 4 år siden. Nå har Paul fått kontrakt med Queen of the South.

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/news/paul-mckay-joins-queen-of-the-south-as-defender-moves-up-to-championship/