Skrevet av Emne: Ex-spiller: Eunan O'Kane  (Lest 41919 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 2 gjester leser dette emnet.

Killa

Sv: Spiller: Eunan O'Kane
« Svar #90 på: August 01, 2017, 15:15:05 »
Innkalt til pressekonferansen fordi han er årets kaptein??? :o

Lee Sobot‏ @LeeSobotYEP  31m
31 minutes ago

Eunan O'Kane will also be speaking to the media at Friday's pre-Bolton press conference at Thorp Arch. 12.30pm, all the latest here. #lufc

Det kan virke sannsynlig! Han har nok fått en høy stjerne hos TC kan det virke som!
Håper i så fall han viser seg tilliten verdig, jeg er bittelitt i tvil men håper han overbeviser meg!...

Promotion 2010

« Svar #91 på: August 01, 2017, 23:41:15 »
Eunan O'Kane

I said I would do a giveaway so here it is! I'm giving away the shirt in the picture. RT to enter. I'll pick a winner on Friday evening #MOT

Kaptein O'Kane, sier mange!  8)
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

« Svar #92 på: August 05, 2017, 09:24:02 »
Leeds United: Eunan O’Kane relishing life under new coach Thomas Christiansen

Phil Hay
Published: 06:00 Saturday 05 August 2017
Eunan O'Kane.
Eunan O'Kane.
After being the forgotten man at Leeds United during the final months of Garry Monk’s tenure, midfielder Eunan O’Kane is relishing life under new head coach Thomas Christiansen.

At every club there are certain players who need the feel of a new manager and Eunan O’Kane fell into that category.

Irishman is starting to look like a fulcrum at Leeds United, a midfielder Thomas Christiansen rates. For most of the second half of last season O’Kane could hardly buy himself a start.

He was, conversely, one of few footballers at Leeds with prior experience of promotion from the Championship, a Republic of Ireland international who won the title with Bournemouth, but when Garry Monk’s year in charge came off the rails, O’Kane was a bystander; unused for a month as United lost an eight-point lead over the clubs chasing the play-off places.

By the time Monk recalled him, for the last home game against Norwich City, Leeds were in a mathematical corner and resigned to another year in a division they have occupied since 2010. Could O’Kane have made a difference in that horrible month of April? “Who knows?” he replied. “I’d like to think I could have helped in some way. But at this point it’s purely speculation.”

Monk had leaned on O’Kane earlier in the season, right up until the night when O’Kane limped out of a League Cup defeat to Liverpool with a pelvic injury. Absent for two months, he was a bit-part player for most of Leeds’ remaining games, despite the lingering feeling that the centre of midfield was the area where Monk’s side were weak.

“It was extremely disappointing,” O’Kane said. “I had an injury problem around Christmas time which kept me out for two months but to then come back and be fit, and for the team to be going through a bad run of form – to not be given the opportunity to turn that around was really difficult.

“But it’s not my decision to pick the team. I can only do what I can when I’m given the opportunity so it’s not something I can hold onto or be bitter about.

“If I get given the opportunity to show what I can do this season then hopefully we won’t have too many of those frustrating runs. I’ve been asked a number of times ‘have people seen the best of me?’ and still to this point I don’t think so. I hope I can go from strength to strength.”

O’Kane was kept fit over the summer by international duty and enjoyed what he said was “the first pre-season I’ve had in a few years where I’ve been able to get through injury-free.” Christiansen, who took over as head coach in June following Monk’s out-of-the-blue resignation, lodged O’Kane in the thick of his pre-season plans, using him with enough regularity to demonstrate his confidence in him. O’Kane is expected to start at Bolton Wanderers tomorrow, the first game of United’s Championship season. His form has been such that he was asked yesterday about the possibility of receiving the captaincy.

His strengths were apparent in flashes under Monk; a useful range of passing and a tendency to break forward out of midfield, something which marked him out amongst Monk’s alternatives. Christiansen has more choice in that area now – six options in all including Vurnon Anita and O’Kane said: “The competition’s very strong. You just have to look at the names in there. There are five or six of us challenging for two free positions. It’s very tough but I always say that competition’s good for everyone. It keeps the people who get in on their toes and makes people work harder.

“I always want to get on the ball, to play and pass forward and to be positive. Hopefully you’ll see a lot more of that this year.”

Christiansen’s faith has doubtless helped O’Kane warm to a coach who was little known after three years as a manager in Cyprus but the 26-year-old said he had noted Christiansen’s versatility and described him as someone who “no-one here would have a bad word to say about.”

Leeds cut a highly-effective image last season but were accused in spells of being one dimensional and lacking a fallback plan, particularly as results went wrong in the final month.

“(Christiansen’s) philosophies are different to the manager last season,” O’Kane said. “He’s adamant about having the ball but he’s not afraid to mix things up if necessary.

“We’ve got more than one style up our sleeve and you’ll see that come out. I don’t think you can be a one-style team. It only takes so long before people work you out. If you have two, three, four or five ways to beat teams then they never know what’s coming.”

Leeds as a club have a clear idea of what they see coming this season.

Owner Andrea Radrizzani, whose takeover in May sparked change and investment at all levels of the club, warmed up for the opening weekend of the season by telling the BBC on Wednesday that a top-six finish was “a natural goal” and a minimum target. Both Christiansen and O’Kane were happy with those comments and largely unsurprised.

“Regardless of whether it’s been made public or not, we all knew that was the expectation before it was said,” O’Kane said, “It’s not shock to us and why shouldn’t it be the case based on how we did last season?

“We were so close and only fell away at the end. He has every right to have that ambition based on the amount of money he’s spent. It’s maybe added pressure that everyone now knows it but at the same time, it was always expected of us. It doesn’t make much of a difference.

“I feel good. We all do. We’re more than capable.”
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #93 på: August 05, 2017, 13:40:13 »
Det morsomme med O'Kanes overgang fra Bournemouth til Leeds er at det ikke var involvert penger mellom klubbene.
Leeds bydde 500 k mens B'mouth ville ha en million. Saken ble stående slik i et par uker mens det ble tydeligere at B'mouth faktisk ville kvitte seg med ham. Og spilleren ville vekk.

På deadlineday endte det med at O'Kane gikk gratis til Leeds noen som provoserte hans tidligere klubb Torquay mye. De hadde nemlig en klausul om inntekter ved et videresalg. Formannen der tok saken inn til FL, men de var ikke interessert i den.

Det han ikke visste var at B'mouth ville sikre sin naboklubb Torquay ved å fortsette å ha en klausul som ville gi Torquay 20% av verdisettingen på £ 1 million ved et eventuelt opprykk for Leeds United innen to år fra salget!

Dvs; rykker Leeds opp denne sesongen så må de ut med 200 k til Torquay, og kanskje noen pund til Bournemouth også! Men den avtalen er konfidensiell!!!
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Hallgeir *

« Svar #94 på: August 05, 2017, 14:33:31 »
Det morsomme med O'Kanes overgang fra Bournemouth til Leeds er at det ikke var involvert penger mellom klubbene.
Leeds bydde 500 k mens B'mouth ville ha en million. Saken ble stående slik i et par uker mens det ble tydeligere at B'mouth faktisk ville kvitte seg med ham. Og spilleren ville vekk.

På deadlineday endte det med at O'Kane gikk gratis til Leeds noen som provoserte hans tidligere klubb Torquay mye. De hadde nemlig en klausul om inntekter ved et videresalg. Formannen der tok saken inn til FL, men de var ikke interessert i den.

Det han ikke visste var at B'mouth ville sikre sin naboklubb Torquay ved å fortsette å ha en klausul som ville gi Torquay 20% av verdisettingen på £ 1 million ved et eventuelt opprykk for Leeds United innen to år fra salget!

Dvs; rykker Leeds opp denne sesongen så må de ut med 200 k til Torquay, og kanskje noen pund til Bournemouth også! Men den avtalen er konfidensiell!!!

Og uansett for småpenger å regne sammenlignet med de enorme inntektene et opprykk innebærer.

Tror allikevel Torquay går glipp av pengene.
Super Leeds since 1968

peacock

« Svar #95 på: August 06, 2017, 12:23:42 »

Og hvordan kan du da vite dette!? :)

Promotion 2010

« Svar #96 på: August 06, 2017, 13:15:45 »

Og hvordan kan du da vite dette!? :)

Logikken sier at hvis B ville ha en million og Torquay får 20% av dette om Leeds rykker opp i år, så er det naturlig at 800 k går til B ved sesongslutt!

Gratis er sjelden gratis for en landslagsspiller!!!
Min første Leeds-kamp:

auren

« Svar #97 på: August 10, 2017, 13:35:50 »
Phil Hay‏ @PhilHayYEP  1h1 hour ago
Contract talks at Leeds ongoing.  Club are in discussions with Eunan O'Kane about a new deal. Other extensions being negotiated too. #lufc

Gode nyheter. Satser på at Wood også er en av dem  :)

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Cherry

« Svar #98 på: August 10, 2017, 18:34:21 »
Phil Hay‏ @PhilHayYEP  1h1 hour ago
Contract talks at Leeds ongoing.  Club are in discussions with Eunan O'Kane about a new deal. Other extensions being negotiated too. #lufc

Gode nyheter. Satser på at Wood også er en av dem  :)

auren

Syns O' Kane har noe eget over seg, liker ham! Bra nytt det her.
I samme referat nevnes også Pablo, Green, Doukara og Dallas... men ikke med noe dicussions ift nye kontrakter rundt disse...

auren

« Svar #99 på: August 11, 2017, 09:36:09 »
Phil Hay‏ @PhilHayYEP  39s39 seconds ago
Hearing that Leeds have agreed a new contract with Eunan O'Kane. Four years, to 2021. #lufc

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Sydhagen

« Svar #100 på: August 11, 2017, 10:04:25 »
Phil Hay‏ @PhilHayYEP  39s39 seconds ago
Hearing that Leeds have agreed a new contract with Eunan O'Kane. Four years, to 2021. #lufc

auren

Glimrende!
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

Annesj

« Svar #101 på: August 11, 2017, 10:11:31 »
 #LUFC can today announce midfielder @eunan10 has penned a new four year contract with the club.

Tommel opp!!
Marching on together
We're gonna see you win (na, na, na, na, na, na)
We are so proud
We shout it out loud
We love you Leeds - Leeds - Leeds

Budda

« Svar #102 på: August 11, 2017, 10:57:19 »
Må virkelig ha levert i pre-season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Endre

B_Ød

« Svar #103 på: August 11, 2017, 11:41:30 »
ting virker å være på stell i klubben om dagen...endelig, må man vel kunne legge til.
Ups & Ups!!

Jon R

« Svar #104 på: August 11, 2017, 11:46:28 »
ting virker å være på stell i klubben om dagen...endelig, må man vel kunne legge til.
Men AKK så kjedelig. Alt vi diskuterer for tiden er sport, sport og atter sport.  Enda godt vi (inntil videre) har LUTV å klage over!  ;D
Jon R.

B_Ød

« Svar #105 på: August 11, 2017, 11:48:34 »
Men AKK så kjedelig. Alt vi diskuterer for tiden er sport, sport og atter sport.  Enda godt vi (inntil videre) har LUTV å klage over!  ;D

virkelig snudd opp/ned ja... ;D
Ups & Ups!!

stian

« Svar #106 på: August 12, 2017, 11:59:00 »

Frykt ikke, et par dårlige kamper på rad så krever vi Radrizzanis og Christiansens hoder på et fat og kan gå tilbake til krangling om hvorvidt vi ønsker Alan Smith tilbake. Vi får bare håpe at LUTV streiker lenge nok. Siden dette er en Eunan O'Kane-tråd: Hva synes folk om Alan Smith tilbake i Leedstrøya? Selv ønsker jeg ham tilbake som backup for Wood og assistenttrener.

;D

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #107 på: August 14, 2017, 22:57:20 »
Jeg pleier ikke å kopiere hitc-artikler men gjør et unntak her siden jeg ikke finner The Sun-originalen...
Leeds United boss claimed to 'love' Eunan O'Kane, calls him 'Xabi Alonso'

Leeds boss Thomas Christiansen has inherited O'Kane from the previous Whites regime.

Leeds United boss Thomas Christiansen loves Eunan O'Kane and calls him 'Xabi Alonso', according to The Sun's Football League expert Tom Barclay.
O'Kane was brought to Leeds at the start of last season by Christiansen's predecessor Garry Monk, and went on to make 22 starts for his new employers.

Eunan O'Kane in action for Leeds United
But the Irishman saw his game time diminish in the second half of the campaign, in which he spent six straight matches as an unused substitute.
And with his contract due to expire in 2018, O'Kane found himself linked with a move away from Elland Road earlier in the transfer window.

But after playing every minute of Leeds' 2017-18 Championship season, and then putting pen to paper on a new four-year deal last week, it's clear that he is highly regarded by Christiansen.
And Barclay writes: "The length of (O'Kane's) deal may come as a shock but from the outside but not from within Elland Road.
"My spies tell me new boss Thomas Christiansen absolutely loves the Irish playmaker, and calls him 'Xabi Alonso'."

Alonso initially made his name at Real Sociedad, before starring for Liverpool, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich before his retirement this summer.
The 35-year-old former Spain international won four domestic titles, two Champions Leagues, two European Championships and a World Cup throughout his career.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/08/14/leeds-united-boss-claimed-to-love-eunan-okane-calls-him-xabi-alo/
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

AndyMathie

« Svar #108 på: August 15, 2017, 19:30:25 »
Jeg pleier ikke å kopiere hitc-artikler men gjør et unntak her siden jeg ikke finner The Sun-originalen...
Leeds United boss claimed to 'love' Eunan O'Kane, calls him 'Xabi Alonso'

Leeds boss Thomas Christiansen has inherited O'Kane from the previous Whites regime.

Leeds United boss Thomas Christiansen loves Eunan O'Kane and calls him 'Xabi Alonso', according to The Sun's Football League expert Tom Barclay.
O'Kane was brought to Leeds at the start of last season by Christiansen's predecessor Garry Monk, and went on to make 22 starts for his new employers.

Eunan O'Kane in action for Leeds United
But the Irishman saw his game time diminish in the second half of the campaign, in which he spent six straight matches as an unused substitute.
And with his contract due to expire in 2018, O'Kane found himself linked with a move away from Elland Road earlier in the transfer window.

But after playing every minute of Leeds' 2017-18 Championship season, and then putting pen to paper on a new four-year deal last week, it's clear that he is highly regarded by Christiansen.
And Barclay writes: "The length of (O'Kane's) deal may come as a shock but from the outside but not from within Elland Road.
"My spies tell me new boss Thomas Christiansen absolutely loves the Irish playmaker, and calls him 'Xabi Alonso'."

Alonso initially made his name at Real Sociedad, before starring for Liverpool, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich before his retirement this summer.
The 35-year-old former Spain international won four domestic titles, two Champions Leagues, two European Championships and a World Cup throughout his career.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/08/14/leeds-united-boss-claimed-to-love-eunan-okane-calls-him-xabi-alo/

Ja han er sannelig lik Xabi. En meget god sammenligning. Herlig spiller som ser ut til å funnet en ny vår i klubben vår under ny manager ;)
We are Leeds and we are proud of it!

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #109 på: August 28, 2017, 17:03:01 »
Irish_Leeds‏ @Irish_Leeds  3m
3 minutes ago
Eunan O Kane returned to Leeds from International duty due to an ongoing groin complaint #lufc

...og som denne waccoe-kontoen på twitter (som retweeter ALT MULIG) kommenterte:
Viva Leeds...‏ @WACCOE  2m
2 minutes ago
Oh bugger, gonna need an operation some time
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Blank_File

« Svar #110 på: August 28, 2017, 17:48:28 »
Irish_Leeds‏ @Irish_Leeds  3m
3 minutes ago
Eunan O Kane returned to Leeds from International duty due to an ongoing groin complaint #lufc

...og som denne waccoe-kontoen på twitter (som retweeter ALT MULIG) kommenterte:
Viva Leeds...‏ @WACCOE  2m
2 minutes ago
Huh? Må han operere?

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #111 på: August 28, 2017, 17:52:57 »
Irish_Leeds‏ @Irish_Leeds  3m
3 minutes ago

Viva Leeds...‏ @WACCOE  2m
2 minutes ago
Huh? Må han operere?

Heh, nei, det var nok bare 'Viva' som krisemaksimerte. Poenget er at han sliter med noe - godt han slipper landskampbelastningen dennne uken i alle fall.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #112 på: September 06, 2017, 07:10:53 »
Pope

Leeds United midfielder Eunan O'Kane will return to training ahead of the visit of Burton Albion as he recovers from a groin injury. #LUFC

Min første Leeds-kamp:

AndyMathie

« Svar #113 på: September 06, 2017, 08:35:58 »
Pope

Leeds United midfielder Eunan O'Kane will return to training ahead of the visit of Burton Albion as he recovers from a groin injury. #LUFC

Det va nu enda godt :) Han begynner å bli vår aller viktigste spiller. Helt konge denne sesongen. Tror ikke de andre er i nærheten så god som han. Vår suverene midtbane general!
We are Leeds and we are proud of it!

Woody

« Svar #114 på: September 06, 2017, 10:48:58 »
Pope

Det va nu enda godt :) Han begynner å bli vår aller viktigste spiller. Helt konge denne sesongen. Tror ikke de andre er i nærheten så god som han. Vår suverene midtbane general!

Enig,er kansje den som har overska meg mest denne sesongen.Tommel opp.
LIFE IS LEEDS

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #115 på: September 23, 2017, 14:06:23 »
Chris Taylor‏ @LUFCDATA  27m
27 minutes ago
Eunan O'Kane on Kalvin Phillips: "We speak a lot off the pitch. His strengths and my strengths go together well." #LUFC

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #116 på: September 23, 2017, 15:28:50 »
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #117 på: September 24, 2017, 18:16:14 »
Jonny Cooper

Leeds United home record when Eunan O'Kane starts - W11 D4 L1. That one defeat was against Newcastle, who won the league. Not bad. #lufc

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #118 på: Oktober 03, 2017, 23:08:07 »
Pope

ROI boss Martin O'Neill says Eunan O'Kane played for #lufc at Sheff Wed with cracked ribs.

rte.ie/amp/909112/

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Xern

« Svar #119 på: Oktober 04, 2017, 02:32:26 »
Pope

ROI boss Martin O'Neill says Eunan O'Kane played for #lufc at Sheff Wed with cracked ribs.

rte.ie/amp/909112/
Står respekt over det! Laget først  8)
Noen mennesker tror at fotball gjelder liv eller død. Jeg liker ikke den innstillingen. Det er atskillig mer alvorlig enn som så. - Bill Shankly