Skrevet av Emne: Ex-spiller: Mallik Wilks  (Lest 22578 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

RoarG

Sv: Ung spiller: Mallik Wilks
« Svar #30 på: August 11, 2018, 18:35:09 »
« Siste redigering: August 11, 2018, 19:04:59 av RoarG »
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #31 på: August 15, 2018, 21:15:20 »
Leeds United: Wilks kicks off Doncaster loan stint with three goals in three games

Phil Hay
Published: 14:21 Wednesday 15 August 2018
 Mallik Wilks.
Mallik Wilks.
Mallik Wilks said he is relishing the scrap to stay in Doncaster Rovers’ starting side after stepping up his impressive start at the Keepmoat Stadium with a third goal in three games.

The Leeds United striker, who joined Doncaster on a half-season loan last month, marked his debut for Rovers with a strike in their first match of the season at Southend United and followed it up with further finishes against Wycombe Wanderers and Scunthorpe United.

Doncaster Rovers boss Grant McCann.
Doncaster Rovers boss Grant McCann.
A 36th-minute effort at Scunthorpe yesterday helped earn Doncaster a place in the League Cup’s second round and the 19-year-old is making a splash in League One having moved out of Leeds on loan for the third time this summer.

Wilks spent time with Accrington Stanley, where he earned a League Two winners’ medal, and Grimsby Town last term but has coped so far with a move into a higher level of the EFL.

The forward is into the last year of his contract with Leeds and is attempting to force himself into the reckoning at Elland Road having played just once for the club in an FA Cup defeat to Sutton United in January 2017.

Speaking after his strike at Scunthorpe, Wilks said: “There’s nothing better than when you’re starting games and scoring and winning them too.

There’s nothing better than when you’re starting games and scoring and winning them too.

Mallik Wilks
“When you’re performing well you have to fight to stay in the team.

“There’s a lot of pressure on us to stay in the side but long may it continue.”

Doncaster, under new manager Grant McCann, are competing to return to the Championship for the first time since suffering relegation in 2014.

Wilks has earned quick popularity with his early displays and the teenager said. “I’ve had a lot of comments from the Rovers fans over social media which have been nice.

“I’ll like them or I’ll reply back to them sometimes, I’m not going to block that out.

“I love having a laugh with them and I’m really enjoying it here.”
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

RoarG

« Svar #32 på: August 16, 2018, 13:25:28 »
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #33 på: September 19, 2018, 21:58:45 »
Loan Watch: Mallik Wilks at Doncaster Rovers

thomaswilson04

3 hours ago

Advertisements
Mallik Wilks has been catching people’s eyes so far this season playing for League One side Doncaster Rovers. The 19 year old is highly regarded at Leeds United but is out of contract in the summer. There is currently no news whether or not we will be offering him a new deal but I’d be very surprised if we didn’t. I spoke to a couple of Doncaster Rovers fans to see if the hype was real and to see he how he is getting on so far.

@MattyDavies98 “He’s been playing brilliantly scoring 3 in his first 3 games. He had spells of naivety but the lad is only 19 and it comes with experience. He plays better if the opposition get on his back a little bit, he likes to showboat at times but he backs it up with his pace, power and skill.”

@JHF02 ” Tbf Id say he’s quality on his day but can get a bit ball greedy at times and can have his off days understandably.”

@superryandunphy ” Mallik is clearly a very talented young lad and he has expressed this in his short time at the club. His ability to provide something out of the blue is incredibly useful! He has scored well finished goals, however with age I am sure this is something that will only continue to improve. For me, his best ability is his confidence to run with the ball, he doesn’t mind making a mistake and he will continue to keep taking players on. This said, he is one of our more frustrating players, for instance not doing the simple things. He is also not the best player to have on the field when you are holding onto a lead as he has shown in our first game against Southend, a simple square ball for a tap in wins the game but sadly he decided to try something daft. That said, he is clearly very difficult for an opposition team to face and his arrogance (when winning) is very interesting to watch! The opposition fans certainly don’t take to winding up antics.”

Big thanks to these guys for their views on how Mallik has done so far this season. It’s clear he has the talent, which these lads agree on, but that he needs to work on his decision making. Hopefully with more games and more experience playing men’s football, he will continue to improve all aspects of his game.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #34 på: Oktober 20, 2018, 18:02:07 »
Wilks på scoringslisten i dagen 3-3 kamp mot Gillingham.

RoarG

« Svar #35 på: Oktober 24, 2018, 15:49:01 »

Xern

« Svar #36 på: Oktober 24, 2018, 18:52:22 »
Påvirket av brorens dødsfall?  :-[
Noen mennesker tror at fotball gjelder liv eller død. Jeg liker ikke den innstillingen. Det er atskillig mer alvorlig enn som så. - Bill Shankly

Eriksen55

« Svar #37 på: Oktober 24, 2018, 23:51:19 »
Påvirket av brorens dødsfall?  :-[

Kanskje.

Broren ble skutt i et hevnoppgjør for noen tidligere skudd og et narkooppgjør.. kan jo også være at Mallik har noen venner han burde kvittet seg med..

Uansett trist å se unge folk med gode fremtidsutsikter røre det til. Håper han lærer av dette. Gjør han ikke det så håper jeg ikke han får en videre karriere i Leeds.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #38 på: Desember 09, 2018, 13:59:43 »
Doncaster Rovers

MOTM | With 42% of the vote, you have chosen @MallikWilks as your Twitter Man of the Match after his brace in our 4-0 win away at @Official_BRFC in @SkyBetLeagueOne on Saturday. #DRFC #BRIDON
Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #39 på: Desember 09, 2018, 14:12:25 »
Doncaster Rovers

MOTM | With 42% of the vote, you have chosen @MallikWilks as your Twitter Man of the Match after his brace in our 4-0 win away at @Official_BRFC in @SkyBetLeagueOne on Saturday. #DRFC #BRIDON
Håper vi kan bruke han videre i Leeds. Gjør sine saker bra i Doncaster, ser det ut til.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #40 på: Desember 30, 2018, 22:50:42 »
Leeds Youth

Congratulations to #LUFC forward @MallikWilks (20), who got on the scoresheet for #DRFC yesterday afternoon in a 3-1 win over Gillingham.

Wilks This Season:
29 Appearances
8 Goals
5 Assists

#LeedsYouth

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #41 på: Desember 31, 2018, 10:37:04 »
Ny kontrakt??

Mallik Wilks's future is up in the air after Grant McCann ultimatum

Mallik Wilks’s new Leeds United contract is not yet agreed and his future at loan club Doncaster Rovers is in jeopardy.

The 20-year-old striker’s current Whites contract expires at the end of the season while his loan deal at Keepmoat Stadium ends on January 2.

Wilks has struck eight times in 30 appearances for Grant McCann’s side and has largely been seen as a success in South Yorkshire.

However, McCann has said the forward’s future with Doncaster is in doubt until he signs a new deal at Elland Road.

Leeds United loan watch - Liam Kitching proves Yorkshire derby hero

While the League One boss seemed quietly confident when he spoke to the media on Saturday, LeedsLive understands no agreement is currently in place between United and Wilks.

As it stands, Wilks’s final match for Doncaster will be on New Year’s Day, after which his loan ends and he will return to Thorp Arch unless a deal is struck with the Whites quickly.

“Until he signs a new contract with Leeds, he won’t be signing his extension here,” McCann told Doncaster Free Press.

Mallik Wilks vies with Craig Eastmond on his Leeds United debut during the FA Cup fourth round match against Sutton United in January 2017(Image: ADRIAN DENNIS/AFP/Getty Images)
“We’re hoping that is going to be done on Monday, or the latest, Wednesday. He’s not going anywhere else. As soon as he signs that extension he’ll be here.

“We don’t want any breaks in Mallik’s loan. I’ve been very clear with Mallik, his agent and Leeds that if there is a break then I’ll move on.

“I’ve got no time for people wasting my time or anyone else’s time. He either signs it on Monday or Wednesday or we will look elsewhere.

Leeds United’s Thorp Arch academy is punching above its weight - and is only getting better

“I don’t want it to sound like a threat to Mallik or anyone, but we haven’t got time to waste. We’re trying to get into the top six.

“I believe all the paperwork is done with his contract at Leeds so hopefully the hold-up isn’t too much longer.

“It’s about Mallik and his representative going to Leeds and signing the documents and Leeds inviting them in.

“I’ve spoken to Leeds over the last couple of days and that should be done by Wednesday.”
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #42 på: Desember 31, 2018, 13:17:15 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

jackbauer68

• Gjest
« Svar #43 på: Desember 31, 2018, 15:43:19 »
Alle målene til Wilks denne høsten:

https://mobile.twitter.com/lufc_hq1/status/1079707991539097601

Dette ser jo lovende ut. Men er han bedre enn Roberts?

Leedsfan

« Svar #44 på: Januar 01, 2019, 10:21:20 »
Forward also extends loan at Doncaster Rovers.

Mallik Wilks has signed a new deal at Leeds United keeping the young forward at Elland Road until June 2022.

The 20-year-old, a product of the Leeds United Academy, made his debut for the club in 2017 and has impressed on loan at League One side Doncaster Rovers this season scoring eight times.

Wilks will now head back to the Keepmoat Stadium on loan until the end of the season.
« Siste redigering: Januar 01, 2019, 12:20:15 av Promotion 2010 »
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #45 på: Januar 01, 2019, 22:17:15 »
Into the empty net

ITEN Man of the Match: Mallik Wilks. Rochdale haven't got near him all game. #DRFC

Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #46 på: Januar 02, 2019, 21:13:50 »
Wilks et stort talent, men Rovers' manager etterlyser at Wilks klarer å opprettholde nivået over flere kamper i sesongens andre halvdel.

https://www.flaminghairdryer.com/2019/01/doncaster-rovers-boss-grant-mccann.html

Promotion 2010

« Svar #47 på: Mars 31, 2019, 23:47:08 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #48 på: April 25, 2019, 23:10:40 »
Leeds loanee Mallik Wilks has contributed 24 combined goals and assists this season

Dan Coombs1 day ago
Leeds need to get Mallik Wilks involved next season.

Whatever happens with Leeds United in the play-offs, the Whites need to get talented youngster Mallik Wilks involved next season.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Wilks has enjoyed a terrific campaign, scoring 16 goals and providing eight assists on loan at Doncaster.

He has thrived in League One, picking up valuable experience.

With hindsight it's easy to look back and consider perhaps Leeds should not have loaned him out, and if he could have made the difference to their promotion campaign.

Possibly, but 'what ifs' will do Leeds no good at this stage.

Right now Leeds will be getting back a better player than the one they sent out, and the Whites must make sure they build around him.

Wilks must be made a part of Leeds' first team squad next season. His eye for goal will be a real boost for a team which have struggled to provide a cutting edge.

Wilks can play up front and on the wing and his trickery has made him tough for opponents to handle.

In the Premier League or Championship, the 20-year-old could be a real difference maker.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #49 på: Mai 18, 2019, 10:17:26 »
Mange klubber hyller Mallik Wilks etter denne sesongen! Et stadig uromoment og mange mål og assists for Doncaster som røk i kvallik i går!

Rask, målrettet kantspiller med innleggsfot og mål i seg!

Kanskje han er en billig versjon av hva vi mangler som impact-spiller neste sesong?

Min første Leeds-kamp:

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #50 på: Mai 18, 2019, 11:08:39 »
Mange klubber hyller Mallik Wilks etter denne sesongen! Et stadig uromoment og mange mål og assists for Doncaster som røk i kvallik i går!

Kanskje han er en billig versjon av hva vi mangler som impact-spiller neste sesong?

La han få sjansen i preseason, så kan han heller frigis hvis han ikke markerer seg godt nok i sommer

Promotion 2010

« Svar #51 på: Mai 18, 2019, 14:10:07 »
Daryl

With another assist last night, Mallik Wilks' season ends on:

54 total games
16 goals
11 assists

One player I really want to see coached by Bielsa. #lufc

Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #52 på: Mai 18, 2019, 22:34:51 »

La han få sjansen i preseason, så kan han heller frigis hvis han ikke markerer seg godt nok i sommer
Enig.

Leedsfan

« Svar #53 på: Mai 19, 2019, 06:40:57 »

Han har en rettsak som venter på han, for overfall eller noe så det spørs om han er tilgjengelig!
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #54 på: Mai 19, 2019, 15:30:46 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

kilgallon

« Svar #55 på: Mai 19, 2019, 16:15:18 »
Sesongen under ett:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=dBYSKt0_cpw

:D

Veldig bra teknik og et bra venstreben. Håper å se han under Bielsa

Blank_File

« Svar #56 på: Mai 19, 2019, 20:21:22 »
Sesongen under ett:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=dBYSKt0_cpw

:D

Veldig bra teknik og et bra venstreben. Håper å se han under Bielsa
Lite hadde gledet meg mer!

HåvardK

« Svar #57 på: Mai 20, 2019, 21:35:51 »
Er dette innleggsfoten vi har savnet?

Runar

« Svar #58 på: Mai 20, 2019, 23:48:38 »
Kan nok gjøre en brukbar jobb som høyreving kommende sesong, er ikke helt ulik Harrison synes jeg. Harrison kan nok og gjøre en god jobb til høyre. Utfordringen er jo at der konkurrerer han mot Pablo. For noen spillere kan det være stor forskjell på å spille til høyre eller til venstre. Jeg tror det gjelder både for Harrison og Wilks...

Eriksen55

« Svar #59 på: Mai 21, 2019, 00:11:53 »
Kan nok gjøre en brukbar jobb som høyreving kommende sesong, er ikke helt ulik Harrison synes jeg. Harrison kan nok og gjøre en god jobb til høyre. Utfordringen er jo at der konkurrerer han mot Pablo. For noen spillere kan det være stor forskjell på å spille til høyre eller til venstre. Jeg tror det gjelder både for Harrison og Wilks...

Wilks er vel opprinnelig en spiss som har blitt omskolert til venstreving og slo igjen nå som høyreving  :)

Han har i år:
23 kamper, 7 mål og 7 assist som høyreving
21 kamper, 8 mål og 2 asdist som venstreving
3 kamper og 1 mål som spiss.

Hadde vært gøy om han slo til. Anvendlig spiller. Vi er linket til spillere i samme liga med omtrentlig samne stats. Han får nok sjansen i sommet. Men han har vel litt han sliter med utenfor banen.. blir spennende!