Skrevet av Emne: Vår transferpolicy  (Lest 2923 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

auren

Vår transferpolicy
« på: Juni 07, 2011, 20:13:32 »
Leste et interessant innlegg på Waccoe, som jeg vil dele med dere:

Bit of a long one this, but bear with it. I was wondering on a few posts on various threads regarding other clubs transfer policies compared to ours, and whether there is a right and a wrong way of going about creating a recruitment policy.

In my eyes there are obvious extremes- the panic-stricken loan market reliance (Sheff Utd), the reliance on whatever is available on pre-contract free transfers, and the splurge on players signed by their name often PL rejects etc on big wages. I would be rather worried if we F***ed into any of those criteria wholly, as they inevitably lead straight to League One, mid-table or at best, repeated failure to match the achievements of better organised set-ups.

Imo where Norwich and Swansea succeeded and equally where Cardiff and Notts Forest failed was that they have a style of play which is set in stone. It's a philosophy and a standard that they won't drop to accomodate new signings, nor do they sign players who don't fit into that philosophy. To get the right man they are willing to loan players from the Premier League, or sign players from lower divisions and their signings seem to be mostly hits.

Our policy contrasts sharply with those two examples. We simply seem to always want to change things, to add something diffferent, to bring in players in a seemingly haphazard way. One example of this imo is the signing last summer of Billy Paynter. He strikes me as a player who would thrive at this level if he had wide players going to the byline or delivering deep crosses. Instead our wide players all season cut inside well upfield and rarely attempted to pull back crosses or fire balls across the six yard box. He was a waste of a signing, not because we should have changed our tactics for him, but because he didn't fit our style at all, and therefore could not effectively deputise for Becchio. Another is McCormack who cost quite a bit of money, yet couldn't be accomodated in the 4-2-3-1 and spent most of the season out of the starting XI.

Contrast that with Swansea, who signed five players in the summer.

-Scott Sinclair for, according to their fans forum, £500,000 rising to £1m. Although quite highly rated, he'd had a stop start career, and Swansea was his ninth club. His highest league goals total prior to joining Swansea was two. Yet he fit straight into Swanseas play-style, becoming a crucial player and scored 19 league goals.

-Neil Taylor for £150,000 from Wrexham, a relatively unknown left back who had made his debut for Wales Under 21's. Again he fit straight in and became a key part of their back four, playing 30 games and has now been the subject of a bid from Newcastle.

Both of those were ideally suited to Swanseas play. The other three, the reserve keeper Ma-Kalambay was irrelevant and Augustien and Donnelly on free transfers were relative failures, both making few appearances and being loaned out before the season end.

In my opinion it doesn't matter from whom a player is acquired from, from what level they have played at or what their previous career entailed, nor does it matter particularly whether or not they are signed on loan and nor does it matter what fee if any is paid for them. Our acquisitions policy last season was haphazard, some good, some bad, some bizarre, several ill-fitting. Swansea's was streamlined and they weren't afraid either of signing free transfers, paying fees, buying lower league talent or loaning in players like Borini later in the season.

We have, like Swansea, a nucleus of a good squad, playing good football. The crucial thing is not to chase big name, fan-appeasing signings, but to carefully acquire players who enhance and compliment the established style, or allow us to be more flexible in formation (like Swansea signing Luke Moore and re-signing Leon Britton in January). I expect much better this summer, but I do worry that we rely more on Gwyn Williams little black book of agents rather than scouting and a set policy. I think we have more chance of turning into a Nottingham Forest/Cardiff perenial nearly-team rather than genuine promotion candidates going that way.

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

kalle_92

• Gjest
Sv: Vår transferpolicy
« Svar #1 på: Juni 07, 2011, 21:35:35 »
Nydelig innlegg!

Sydhagen

« Svar #2 på: Juni 08, 2011, 08:47:29 »
Veldig enig med dette innlegget.
Er viktigere å signere spillere som passer til klubben\laget\taktikken enn å signere store navn for store penger.

Veit at hb og DWY er veldig uenig i dette, men det driter jeg i  ;D
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #3 på: Juni 08, 2011, 09:21:53 »
Veldig enig med dette innlegget.
Er viktigere å signere spillere som passer til klubben\laget\taktikken enn å signere store navn for store penger.

Veit at hb og DWY er veldig uenig i dette, men det driter jeg i  ;D

Dere er i det romantiske hjørnet om dagen ser jeg. Men fra det å være romantisk til å faktisk gjøre noe med å bli suksesfull. Ja det spranget er langt.
Det aller beste for klubben hadde selvsagt vært å hatt en modell alla Sarpsborg og ha suksess. eller at vi får spillerne omtrent gratis og de ikke forlanger store penger.
Men for å oppnå suksess og vinne noe. Ja da kreves det at klubben henter inn det som kreves. Det som glemmes er at ved innhenting av større navn,Ja da blir ER fyllt opp lettere og at trøyesalget går til himmels. Dette igjen generer store inntekter.
Real Madrid brukte en sommer på å tjene in det Beckham kosta den gangen han gikk til klubben

Promotion 2010

« Svar #4 på: September 05, 2017, 07:07:08 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

jackbauer68

• Gjest
« Svar #5 på: September 05, 2017, 10:09:34 »
God gjennomtenkt plan.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #6 på: September 05, 2017, 15:21:54 »
Chris Taylor

Orta really impressed with last night's Q&A. Extremely knowledgeable, strong exphasis on trust & faith in the club. Crystal clear blueprint.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #7 på: September 05, 2017, 16:37:51 »

Dere er i det romantiske hjørnet om dagen ser jeg. Men fra det å være romantisk til å faktisk gjøre noe med å bli suksesfull. Ja det spranget er langt.
Hvordan går det med romantikken nå da, Håkon? Is this the Leeds United you fell in love with? ;)
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #8 på: September 05, 2017, 16:45:43 »
Tjue vel anvendte minutter å få med seg denne. Orta har virkelig vokst i mine øyne gjennom høsten...

https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/904788808356519936

Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #9 på: September 05, 2017, 17:12:55 »

Hvordan går det med romantikken nå da, Håkon? Is this the Leeds United you fell in love with? ;)

Billy aint there

Gufrias

« Svar #10 på: September 05, 2017, 18:38:49 »

Billy aint there
Paynter?  ;)
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

Promotion 2010

« Svar #11 på: Mars 19, 2018, 17:56:27 »
Var sommerens utskiftninger nyttige?

Leeds United sold or released a dozen players in the summer - how are they getting on?
A dozen first-team players departed from Elland Road in the summer. We check in on them all

Leeds United are likely to have another busy summer, as the club look to retool their squad following their dramatic slump in form over the past three months.

And this comes after the club carried out plenty of business in last summer's transfer window, as new director of football Victor Orta used his extensive contracts book to bring in plenty of new faces.

With that inevitably came a number of departures. Twelve, to be exact.

Some - such as the early season exit of Chris Wood - were more major than others, but how have the dozen players Leeds sold or released got on?

Did Leeds drop the ball and cut their losses too quickly with any of them? Or did they make the correct decision in cutting ties when they did?

Here's a run down of those that left Elland Road last summer...

Chris Wood - Burnley, £15million

Chris Wood celebrates after scoring a penalty during the Carabao Cup third round match between Burnley and Leeds United at Turf Moor on September 19, 2017
Wood netted against Leeds earlier this season (Image: Nathan Stirk/Getty Images)
The New Zealand striker made his move to the Premier League two weeks after Leeds' campaign kicked off, following his rejection of a new deal to stay at Elland Road.

Scored a Wembley goal on his Burnley debut as the Clarets drew with Tottenham and a month later would score against Leeds in the League Cup - only for Leeds to win in the third round tie on penalties.

Has bagged seven Premier League goals in his 17 appearances for Sean Dyche's side this term, including three in his last two outings after recovering from injury.

Les mer her:

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-transfer-sold-where-14428853

« Siste redigering: Mars 19, 2018, 17:58:16 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp: