Skrevet av Emne: Ex-Manager / Head coach: Marcelo Bielsa  (Lest 400473 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 2 gjester leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Sv: Manager / Head coach: Marcelo Bielsa
« Svar #1230 på: Mai 16, 2019, 20:43:50 »
Mirror

Leeds make decision on Marcelo Bielsa's future after play-off defeat to Derby

Leeds want Marcelo Bielsa to carry on as manager next season, despite missing out on promotion.

Leeds chairman Andrea Radrizzani told Bielsa some weeks ago he wanted him to stay because he was pleased with the progress he has made in his first season with the club.

Radrizzani has not changed his mind in the wake of Leeds’ play-off defeat to Derby and he still believes Bielsa can take them up.

Bielsa’s three-year contact, which is worth around £3.7million-a-season for him and his nine coaches, contains a break clause this summer, but only on Leeds’ side.

The Argentinian cannot leave Elland Road without their permission and Leeds would be entitled to compensation if he went to another club.

LEEDS UTD Q&A SPECIAL: Our man answers 9 key questions after play-off despair

Leeds feel Marcelo Bielsa has made progress this season, despite their failure to go up(Image: PA)
Leeds had begun planning for next season well before the play-offs and director of football Victor Orta is working on a list of transfer targets approved by Bielsa.

Leeds have also started making alterations to their Thorp Arch training ground in line with Bielsa’s recommendations.

Bielsa, 63, will return home to Argentina to see his wife and daughter for a few weeks and Leeds expect him back before the players are due to return for pre-season training in mid-June.

Leeds are in no doubt about Bielsa’s future, but the South American caused some uncertainty by making contradictory comments after Wednesday’s shattering loss to Derby.

“There have been mistakes and that leads to doubts about the head coach,” said the former Argentina and Chile coach when asked about his future.

Leeds 2-4 Derby (3-4 agg): Rams book Wembley berth in Elland Road thriller 

Marcelo Bielsa claims he will listen to Leeds' proposal for him to remain as head coach(Image: Getty Images)
“It’s not convenient to talk about this point right now.

“You know about this process. If the club offers me the possibility to carry on, I will listen to their proposal.

“If you have the resources to reach something and you don’t reach it, if you face the difficulties you have to face and you have the possibility to reach the goal and you don’t reach it, we have to assume the worst possibility.”
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Kimfjellheim

« Svar #1231 på: Mai 17, 2019, 09:14:14 »
 Phil Hay

“My understanding from people in Argentina is that Bielsa is minded to stay put give it another go at Leeds next season. But as ever, you’d be loath to second guess him.”

RoarG

« Svar #1232 på: Mai 17, 2019, 09:24:39 »
Phil Hay

“My understanding from people in Argentina is that Bielsa is minded to stay put give it another go at Leeds next season. But as ever, you’d be loath to second guess him.”
Forstår det slik at MB ønsker garantier fra Leeds at ingen spillere blir solgt av økonomiske grunner. Er det Vieira-salget som biter Leeds i halen?
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1233 på: Mai 17, 2019, 10:59:37 »
Phil Hay

Forstår det slik at MB ønsker garantier fra Leeds at ingen spillere blir solgt av økonomiske grunner. Er det Vieira-salget som biter Leeds i halen?

Leeds vil strekke seg laaangt for å beholde Bielsa - det vil ikke stoppe pga dette!
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1234 på: Mai 17, 2019, 11:03:30 »
Leeds United Supporters' Trust

An Open Letter To Marcelo Bielsa

Published by Josh Cawthorne May 16 2019
Estimado Sr. Bielsa:
On behalf of the Leeds United Supporters’ Trust, members and fans, we felt compelled to write to you to express our feelings on the overall impact you’ve had on our club.
In the short time that you and your team have been coaching Leeds United we have seen an inspirational turn around in the quality of football at Elland Road. It has been incredibly pleasing to see the unity within the club and the progress this has led to both on and off the field. Improvements to the training ground, a clear footballing ethos and a truly passionate backroom staff has gone a long way in giving this special club its identity back after years of previous mismanagement.
Whilst this season has unfortunately ended not as we’d hoped, it has been a brilliant season to be a part of. Additionally, the performances of the U18 and U23 teams has been remarkable and highlights what a bright future the club has ahead of it. We hope they are very proud of their achievements and long may it continue.
Leeds is again a city united, football has returned. Together we are loyal, we are determined, we are proud. The long history of our club is well established, but as historical, time-honoured successes fade, there is so much still to be written and we feel this has only just begun. This season alone has renewed our hope in the future and that a new chapter of our heritage is underway, we want you to remain the key part of it.
Even through difficult times and perceived injustices you have held an unparalleled level of dignity, acting always in the best interests of the club, this has not gone unnoticed among the fan base. Your passion and tireless dedication in improving the team has affirmed our trust in you and your staff.
You have our respect, our admiration and our unwavering support. We believe in your philosophy and thank you for all your efforts. Your football makes us dream again and we’re all hoping you will continue to take us on the journey in our Centenary season.
It is our hope that the board will continue to invest in the team and allow you to make the improvements you would like to give us that extra push we need for what’s going to be a very special season in 2019/2020.
Gracias Marcelo, somos nosotros contra el mundo; Marching on Together.
Muy atentamente,
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Hallgeir *

« Svar #1235 på: Mai 17, 2019, 12:14:08 »

Estimado Sr. Bielsa:
On behalf of the Leeds United Supporters’ Trust, members and fans, we felt compelled to write to you to express our feelings on the overall impact you’ve had on our club.
In the short time that you and your team have been coaching Leeds United we have seen an inspirational turn around in the quality of football at Elland Road. It has been incredibly pleasing to see the unity within the club and the progress this has led to both on and off the field. Improvements to the training ground, a clear footballing ethos and a truly passionate backroom staff has gone a long way in giving this special club its identity back after years of previous mismanagement.
Whilst this season has unfortunately ended not as we’d hoped, it has been a brilliant season to be a part of. Additionally, the performances of the U18 and U23 teams has been remarkable and highlights what a bright future the club has ahead of it. We hope they are very proud of their achievements and long may it continue.
Leeds is again a city united, football has returned. Together we are loyal, we are determined, we are proud. The long history of our club is well established, but as historical, time-honoured successes fade, there is so much still to be written and we feel this has only just begun. This season alone has renewed our hope in the future and that a new chapter of our heritage is underway, we want you to remain the key part of it.
Even through difficult times and perceived injustices you have held an unparalleled level of dignity, acting always in the best interests of the club, this has not gone unnoticed among the fan base. Your passion and tireless dedication in improving the team has affirmed our trust in you and your staff.
You have our respect, our admiration and our unwavering support. We believe in your philosophy and thank you for all your efforts. Your football makes us dream again and we’re all hoping you will continue to take us on the journey in our Centenary season.
It is our hope that the board will continue to invest in the team and allow you to make the improvements you would like to give us that extra push we need for what’s going to be a very special season in 2019/2020.
Muy atentamente,

Velfortjent ros til Marcelo og hans stab. Jeg blir litt rørt av å lese dette.

Forhåpentligvis er det et av mange "drypp" som får han til å bli i klubben.
Super Leeds since 1968

stian

« Svar #1236 på: Mai 17, 2019, 12:53:32 »

Estimado Sr. Bielsa:
Muy atentamente,

Likte særlig avslutningen. Det må være ganske stort for en manager å ha hele supporterskaren bak seg på en sånn måte. Brevet legger også et betydelig press på Radrizzani. Har han ikke egne penger å investere, er det på tide å la andre kjøpe seg inn for å reise midlene til de spillerkjøpene Bielsa trenger for å bygge et opprykkslag.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1237 på: Mai 17, 2019, 18:13:40 »
Henry Winter
@henrywinter
 May 16
#lufc will return.

the Telegraph

Leeds and Marcelo Bielsa has been a thrilling love affair - now is the time for couple's therapy, not divorce
CHARLIE ECCLESHARE

16 MAY 2019 • 3:24PM

As Marcelo Bielsa crouched down, helpless during the final stages of Leeds' sickening defeat to Derby on Wednesday night, it was tempting to view the moment as the end. 
The end of Leeds's promotion chances for another year, the end of the idea that the manager's challenging ideas could work at this level, the end of the Bielsa experiment. 
In the aftermath of the defeat, suggestions that Bielsa will depart if not given sufficient reassurances by the club's board added to the feeling that a dream had just evaporated into the Yorkshire air. 
Leeds then are at a crossroads, facing possibly their biggest decision since Peter Ridsdale thought: "Can I justify spending £240 of the club's money on goldfish for my office?"

If the Ridsdale years were defined by profligacy, Andrea Radrizzani's era cannot be defined by parsimony. Bielsa has already worked wonders with a meagre transfer budget, but understandably he will not want to carry on if he has to sell players to balance the books. 
Bielsa has got Leeds fans believing again CREDIT:  ACTION IMAGES
And though Radrizzani denied reports he would put Leeds up for sale if they have missed out on promotion, the uncertainty about the club's finances is hardly going to help in convincing Bielsa to stay. 
After the season just gone, Leeds must do everything in their power to keep Bielsa. They may have missed out on promotion, but the manager has achieved something even more powerful - he has got the city and the club believing again. 
After years of stagnation and disillusionment, this season has been one of revitalisation. As my colleague Rob Bagchi's excellent special report illustrated, formerly disgruntled supporters are engaged again - a love affair has been rekindled. 
"The style of football is a joy to watch compared with some of the stuff we’ve seen over previous seasons... you see more stickers in cars, more people wearing hats or badges on their coats," one fan told The Telegraph. 
It hasn't just been the brilliant results, but the way Bielsa has trusted a group of players that had finished mid-table in the Championship the previous season to execute his demanding, high-energy style. That they have been able to carry out his instructions so effectively was testament to Bielsa's motivational and tactical skill. 
As for Bielsa, this summer also presents a conundrum for a manager with a recent history almost as volatile as his current employer. Leeds are his fifth club in five different countries since the start of 2013, a period during which he has not lasted longer in one job more than a couple of years. 
In fact in two of those jobs, Bielsa lasted a total of six months, cementing his reputation as a coach who was too wild and demanding to last for any length of time. There might be success early on, but the players will quickly tire of Bielsa's methods became the conventional wisdom. 
This season at Leeds has upended that theory. Yes, Leeds could not maintain the momentum of the first half of the season, but the players are still fully bought into his philosophy, and were undone by a lack of composure rather than energy in Wednesday's play-off semi-final. 
The supporters meanwhile remain largely in thrall to Bielsa. Where some of his previous clubs have quickly turned on his eccentric methods, Leeds have delighted in his exceptionalism. The chemistry has been such that there is a sense of kindred spirits meeting, of two outsiders finding one another after a series of failed romances. 
In sport, as in life, these couplings are rare. Leeds must ensure Bielsa was no fling; this should be a story that is only just beginning.   
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1238 på: Mai 18, 2019, 09:59:07 »
BLIR HAN?? ?? ??  ;)

Lewis Carter LUFC
#Bielsa car shopping in #Leeds, a good sign that he’s here to stay!
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1239 på: Mai 18, 2019, 10:06:08 »
BLIR HAN?? ?? ??  ;)

Lewis Carter LUFC

Konklusjonen på dette bildet er visst at det nok bare var en lookalike...
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

RoarG

« Svar #1240 på: Mai 18, 2019, 10:10:32 »
BLIR HAN?? ?? ??  ;)

Lewis Carter LUFC

He, he. I nøden spiser Fanden fluer.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1241 på: Mai 18, 2019, 10:11:41 »
BLIR HAN?? ?? ??  ;)

Lewis Carter LUFC

Veldig lookalike....  ;)

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1242 på: Mai 18, 2019, 10:30:39 »
I’d Radebe Leeds
Have I read this right?

Marcelo Bielsa funded a Christmas lottery for staff at the training ground, and the top prize was an £11,000 car... #lufc

Global Cars
@globalautocare
Yes, one of our cars and the story is entirely correct

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1243 på: Mai 18, 2019, 10:49:36 »
I’d Radebe Leeds
Have I read this right?

Marcelo Bielsa funded a Christmas lottery for staff at the training ground, and the top prize was an £11,000 car... #lufc

Global Cars
@globalautocare
Yes, one of our cars and the story is entirely correct

Og, han som vant ble såpass ute av det at han solgte bilen og delte pengene for salget med kollegaene.
Snakk om å ha utviklet team-kultur!
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1244 på: Mai 18, 2019, 11:06:02 »
The Guardian denne gang

Marcelo Bielsa
Marcelo Bielsa’s play-off agony with Leeds was a lesson in beautiful failure

Barney Ronay
Leeds fell short against Derby but it was a reminder of the joys brought by football’s great nonconformist
 @barneyronay
Sat 18 May 2019 08.59 BST
Last modified on Sat 18 May 2019 09.02 BST

â€˜Bielsa’s Leeds have been a bizarro Manchester City, utterly wedded to their system, but without the magic bullet of all that high-level talent, a way of making it work even when it fails.’ Illustration: Robin Hursthouse/The Guardian

Fail again. Fail better. When Pep Guardiola was planning for his second life as a manager he went to meet various hand‑picked tactical super-brains. Among them was Marcelo Bielsa, recently resigned as manager of Argentina. Bielsa invited Pep to his home in Rosario. They had a barbecue. Then they sat and talked about football for 11 hours.

Yes, 11. It is just such a brilliantly macho interpretation of the basic idea of having a bit of a chat. Why not 12 hours? Why not 36? Why not five weeks glued to the garden loungers?
No transcript of this conversation exists but it seems fair to say it would reward being adapted into a difficult arthouse movie, perhaps with an extended dream sequence where they both spend an hour throwing away the paper plates and trying to find something to put the potato salad in, all the while arguing about counter‑press phases and whether you can use wire wool on a galvanised steel grill.

“There are 36 different forms of communicating through a pass,” Bielsa has said, which is definitely a lot of forms. This is a manager who once drew the outline of a pair of feet on his shoes to illustrate some technical point or other and then wandered around absent-mindedly wearing the same feet-shoes for the next three weeks.
The Bielsa mythology is such fun, so full of these moments, that it can at times seem a little comical. Here he comes, the nerd-god pacing his touchline, occasionally barking out a line of machine code. Which is a shame as this is to miss the real joy of Bielsa’s maniacally vivid, almost entirely trophy-free European club football career.
This week Leeds United and Derby County produced the domestic game of the season, a Championship play‑off second leg so full of nuance you needed to watch it at least three times, preferably on grainy Bielsa-style VHS in some gloom-ridden basement. It was also a game that offered up the best of Bielsa. Specifically, the things he tells us about failure. For the last 10 days the season’s endgame has been pegged out around the opposite of failure, a gullet-fed feast of winners’ comebacks and duelling superlatives; complete with a counter-narrative of sickness and debauched methods among the losers.
There is a tendency to see sport, and indeed life itself, in such polarised terms. We live in an age of Goats and frauds, temperature set by the idiocy of social media, the idiocy of Big Sport hype, the idiocy of idiots.
Spare a thought in the middle of this for failure, the most underrated of sporting commodities. Not the kind of failure that you reject, or transform later into disdainful success. But proper failure – failure of substance, a way of losing that illuminates both your opponent and the experience itself.

Marcelo Bielsa watches on during Leeds’s play-off defeat to Derby. Photograph: Matt West/BPI/Rex/Shutterstock
At Elland Road, Leeds’ season ended like this, in a falling short that remained true to Bielsa’s own obsession with a system and a way of playing. Above all it was just a brilliant game, a night of relentless running and relentless collisions, not all of them visible to the naked eye.
There was even a note of beauty in the way Leeds lost at the very end to a team they’d beaten three times out of three, and whom they finished nine points ahead of in the regular season. With 85 minutes gone, the scores level and Leeds down to 10 men, the right-back Luke Ayling charged forward, as he had all night, and lost the ball. He charged back as Derby poured into the gap behind him in a pre-drilled counter-thrust, teeing up Jack Marriott to kill the game.

In the days since, assorted English pundits have sighed over Leeds’ defensive naivety, as though this openness at the end was a moment of weakness, a failure to read the script. Whereas it was of course the opposite, a team following the plan to the final second of the season: run, chase, pass and be damned.
From this angle Bielsa’s Leeds have been a bizarro Manchester City, utterly wedded to their system but without the magic bullet of all that high-level talent, a way of making it work even when it fails. This is what a pure, flawed, human version looks like.

It has been thrilling to watch. Leeds had most shots, most possession, most tackles, the most players sent off at home. Bielsa gave 10 players under the age of 21 a senior debut. Leeds fell short but along the way produced a series of thrilling, transcendent moments that will retain their own kind of life outside the more pressing issue of points and tables.

Whisper it, but in failure Bielsa also helped to give Frank Lampard his finest moment on the touchline.
Lampard was always a punt on status and presence, perhaps even a celebrity appointment for all his obvious intelligence. He looked like something else at Elland Road, changing the game with a tactical switch just before half-time, and winning it with the way his players poured forward into the gaps Leeds’ game of sprints leaves behind.
There is a Chinese saying that defeat should be celebrated because in the process your opponent is educating you. And Lampard did learn how to play Bielsa. Filtered down through acrimony, the weirdness of “Spygate”, defeats home and away, he might just have had his own 11-hour tutorial.
Bielsa may well end up leaving Leeds now. If he does it will be a profound loss to English football, a place so reflexively hostile to intellectualism, to theory and form for form’s sake. Either way he remains football’s great nonconformist, drawing his Rothko shapes, scrolling his numbers; and embodying along the way the most unfashionable of concepts – beautiful, ennobling failure.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/18/marcelo-bielsa-play-off-leeds-championship?CMP=share_btn_tw
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1245 på: Mai 18, 2019, 11:21:45 »
The London Economic
https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/sport/everyones-talking-about-leeds-united-again/16/05/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Everyone’s talking about Leeds United again

null
Miles ReucroftMay 16, 2019

“There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.” Or so wrote Oscar Wilde. And so have found Leeds United on their crazy 2018/19 which disintegrated at Elland Road on a night of self-induced trauma. A club which had become accustomed to death by a thousand cuts during painful seasons of anonymity decided to commit hari-kari this season to a cacophony of laughter from around the country.

It hurts, having everyone laughing at you. It hurts, too, everyone revelling in your most heightened moment of discomfort. But that should not detract from a transformative season at Leeds United. It hurts more when no one notices. Marcelo Bielsa, the much-vaunted Argentinean manager, has made Leeds a headline act once more. He took a soft, listless, mid-table squad and made them contenders. His total commitment to his philosophy and decency made him talked about. It made Leeds talked about. It made for a season to remember.

Against a footballing backdrop that celebrates the lamentable, Bielsa stood out. There were no public displays of frustration. He didn’t round on his players when the going got tough. He didn’t round on referees when decisions went against him. He remained focussed on his philosophy and his footballing vision. He even paid the club’s fines when the moralising English footballing fraternity rounded on this most outside of outsiders.

Bielsa stands in stark contrast to the wheeler-dealer, four-four-f**king-two, cash-in-a-brown-paper-envelope, we-was-robbed-by-the-ref British brigade. Instead of attempting to learn from him, the usual predictable nonsense was thrown at him. He doesn’t understand the way things work here, that’s not how we do things here, what does he know about the Championship?

He could have moaned about the referees. He could have moaned about the extensive injury list Leeds suffered. He could have pushed his players under the bus. Instead, showing a humility that is totally alien to football in England, he took responsibility for his actions and his mistakes.

Can you imagine Neil Warnock taking responsibility for Cardiff’s relegation?! Much easier to blame a tragedy for that, isn’t it Colin? Can you imagine Mark Hughes doing a post-match interview after a defeat and not blaming the referee for it? Can you imagine Sam Allardyce graciously accepting that player conduct falls under his remit and paying the fines when the FA deems it hasn’t been of an acceptable standard? Can you imagine Harry Redknapp eschewing the transfer market in search of solutions and turning to his U23s and U18s? Can you imagine any other manager insisting his team immediately concede a goal after scoring a morally dubious one themselves?

For all the positivity that Bielsa has introduced, English football has been determined to keep him at arm’s length, as a weird imposter. Its loss has been Leeds’s gain. No other manager has been talked about on US chat shows, made global news and brought such attention to his club and his game. During the week of the Champions League semi-final first legs, Leeds United were the biggest story in football, from South American chat shows discussing his decision to allow Aston Villa an uncontested equaliser to Katherine Ryan singing “Pontus Jansson’s Magic” on Have I Got News For You. 12 months ago, Leeds were about to depart for a post-season tour of Myanmar with Paul Heckingbottom as manager. It’s been a funny old year.

Bielsa has made Leeds fall in love with football again. There is a team to be proud of, built around a core identity and relying on youngsters to step up and fill in when the first team has been light. The passion is back at Elland Road.

It was, ultimately, a step too far for a squad that languished in 13th at the conclusion of last season to get promoted to the Premier League this. Key moments went against them, from refereeing decisions, to injuries to on-field incompetence at inopportune moments. But the team, the squad and the club all rose and collapsed as one.

This is the beginning of something, at least that’s how it feels. Leeds United are relevant again. This season may have ended in dramatic disaster against a backdrop of howling derision from all and sundry, but previous seasons have usually petered out, unnoticed and unloved.This may hurt, but having people taking an interest in it is certainly better than the mid-table anonymity that has marked out previous seasons. Oscar Wilde was right.
« Siste redigering: Mai 18, 2019, 11:28:03 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1246 på: Mai 18, 2019, 11:39:52 »
The Mirror
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/new-development-makes-marcelo-bielsas-16162115.amp

New development makes Marcelo Bielsa's future at Leeds clearer - Mirror Online

Marcelo Bielsa increasingly looks like he will stay at Leeds and try again to win promotion to the Premier League.

Bielsa cast doubt over his future at Elland Road when he suggested there was uncertainty over his position because he failed to take Leeds up this season.

Leeds chairman Andrea Radrizzani had already told him weeks ago that he wanted him to continue next season and now Bielsa looks like he will remain.

Sources close to the Argentinian say he is prepared in principle to fulfil the next 12 months of his contract, which is worth around £3.7million-a-year to him and his nine coaches.

His brother Rafael, a sports lawyer, who negotiated his contract with Leeds last summer claimed last month that he would not walk out on the Elland Road club.

Leeds make decision on Marcelo Bielsa's future after play-off defeat to Derby 

Marcelo Bielsa appears ready to stay at Leeds for next season(Image: Getty Images)
Bielsa, 63, would not be able to quit Leeds to join another club and the break clause in his contract can only be triggered this summer by the Yorkshire outfit.

Leeds do not want him to go and believe he can lead them back into the top flight for the first time in 2004, despite losing in the play-offs to Derby.

Leeds were in the two automatic promotion places for most of the season before tailing off and Radrizzani believes Bielsa can go one step better in 2020.

Leeds fans point finger of blame at one man after playoff failure against Derby 

Leeds have already started planning for next season with Bielsa(Image: Getty Images)
Leeds have already begun planning for next season and director of football Victor Orta is working  on a list of transfer targets approved by Bielsa.

The club have also started improvements to their Thorp Arch training ground recommended by the South American.

Leeds expect Bielsa to return home soon to Argentina to spend time with his wife and daughter before coming back in advance of the start of pre-season training in mid-June.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1247 på: Mai 18, 2019, 11:47:08 »
Mr Gelderd

Daily Star "experts" beginning of season league prediction for Leeds: 8th

Leeds finishing position: 3rd

Daily Star season summary: "He came, he tried and he failed"

Me: "What a bunch of wallies"

The Daily Star Sport

The finger pointing has started and the blame rests squarely on the shoulders of Marcelo Bielsa

#LUFC | @CrossyDailyStar

The Daily Star

Marcelo Bielsa to blame for Leeds Championship play-off heartache - he has FAILED

By Jeremy Cross, Chief Sports Writer 10.05, 16 May 2019 UPDATED 22.05, 16 May 2019
Marcelo Bielsa's promotion dreams came crashing down against Derby (Pic: GETTY)
SUPPORTING Leeds should come with a Government health warning.

Since 2004 those who follow the Yorkshire club have suffered relegation from the top flight, administration, seen a host of world-class players sold, countless owners and managers come and go and several promotion bids promise so much but deliver little.

There was a defeat to Sutton United. Play-off final losses and the madcap rule of Italian Massimo Cellino.

Now we can add Karma to the growing list of afflictions bestowed on a club that once ruled English football, but remains a sleeping giant unable to wake up.

Karma is both good and bad luck, resulting from one's actions.

It doesn't take a genius to fathom which kind Leeds have suffered following their Championship play-off semi final collapse to Derby County.

Leeds fans need no reminding it was the Rams who their manager, Marcelo Bielsa, was caught spying on earlier this season.

It caused outrage and while Bielsa, it has to be said, handled the aftermath brilliantly, Frank Lampard made a bit of a fool of himself.

But Lampard is laughing last and the loudest following his side's thrilling comeback at Elland Road to leave Leeds supporters crying into pints of their beloved Tetley bitter, ones that will taste flatter than ever before this morning.

Leeds have done it again. They've managed to find a way to mess things up.

You have to admire their consistency, but now the finger pointing has started and the blame rests squarely on the shoulders of Bielsa.

The eccentric Argentine has charmed the pants of people since arriving in Leeds last summer.

It didn't matter he had lasted just six months in his previous job at Lille. Bielsa had managed Argentina and Chile and became the highest paid boss in Leeds' history on £6m-a-season.

Marcelo Bielsa was outwitted by Frank Lampard (Pic: GETTY)
He was quirky. He sat on a bucket on the touchline. He gave deadpan answers through an interpreter. He funded a Christmas lottery for staff at the training ground, raffling off a car worth £11,000.

Few failed to fall under his spell. He became an iconic figure, a Messiah leading Leeds back to the promised land.

So Heaven forbid we criticise him.

To some Leeds supporters, being hated and disliked represents some sort of perverse badge of honour and 'Spygate' simply added more weight to such narrow minded and flawed thinking.

The relationship between Bielsa and his disciples grew from their misguided belief that following football meant more than what happened on the pitch.

It doesn't. Bielsa was paid fortunes to produce results and get Leeds promoted. That's the sole ambition of Italian owner Andrea Radrizzani.

Leeds' awful run of form at the end of the season cost them dear (Pic: GETTY)
Leeds led the Championship, before being embroiled in a titanic tussle with Sheffield United for second place, which was lost.

Amid claims of burn out due to Bielsa's punishing training ground methods, Leeds won just three of their last nine games before heading into the lottery of the pay-offs.

Then they came up short in a two-legged battle with the Rams that saw Bielsa outwitted by a novice rival who has been in management less than 12 months.

Bielsa is now considering his future, but the decision shouldn't be his to make.

He came, he tried and he failed to conquer, just like the long list of predecessors that went before him.

He might be different to the rest in terms of his methods and approach - but once again the end result has proved just the same.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/779246/Marcelo-Bielsa-Leeds-Championship-Play-Off-Derby/amp

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1248 på: Mai 18, 2019, 11:55:33 »
David Smith, freelance sports journalist

LEEDS. Bielsa happy with the contract offered to him. Will stay for next season. Already looking at transfers. Announcement likely to be made next week. #Lufc #LeedsUnited

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1249 på: Mai 18, 2019, 18:34:06 »
David Prutton: Keep Marcelo Bielsa at Leeds United, back him and he’ll do the business

Published: 07:00 Saturday 18 May 2019
 Leeds United head coach Marcelo Bielsa.
Leeds United head coach Marcelo Bielsa.
This is when it’s hardest to take; the days immediately after a game which kills your season dead.

By the time a club gets round to pre-season, the sun’s out, the grass is freshly cut and life’s moved on but there’s no quick way of getting over a play-off defeat.

In Leeds United’s case, they’re finished until the end of June now and what more is there to do but sit and stew over that defeat to Derby? Worse still will be the build-up to the play-off final and the thought that they should or could have been there.

It’s always a world of regret.

I remember it well after the club lost to Doncaster in the League One final at Wembley in 2008.

For the average player, moments of significant success don’t come around regularly and when the chance goes begging, it’s difficult to stop yourself going back over the game time and again: what if this had happened, what if I hadn’t make this mistake, what if he’d taken that chance?

All the things you can no longer control.

It’s pointless trying to disguise what happened on Wednesday. Leeds had a play-off final place in the palm of their hand and let it go.

I take absolutely nothing away from Derby because to go to Elland Road with that crowd and 36,000 people baying for blood is a serious ask but I probably echo the thoughts of everyone when I say that Leeds looked like they were home and dry before Kiko Casilla lost his marbles.

Everyone has an error in them, some of us more than others, but the lapses of judgement we saw from him just aren’t what you expect of a goalkeeper with La Liga experience who signed from Real Madrid.

He should have made Leeds safer at the back but on nights like Wednesday, it’s inevitable that some of what he’s doing seeps into the consciousness of the back four.

They’ll start to worry about what’s behind them and what’s going to happen if the ball goes over their heads. There’s simply no doubt that the gift to Jack Marriott right on half-time was the instant where everything changed.

You could dissect it all night, and Bielsa probably did, but in my experience you need to leave play-off defeats behind very quickly.

It’s already the middle of May and the crazy thing about the English season is that the dates for the start of pre-season aren’t much more than a month away.

The bottom line for Leeds, the only question which matters as a starting point, is does Bielsa stay? That’s almost rhetorical because the club’s answer to that is clearly yes but it’s pretty apparent to anyone who’s followed Bielsa that he won’t stick around if he doesn’t want to.

I can’t imagine that someone like him would want to leave a half-finished job behind either but at the same time, he’ll have taken the defeat to Derby very personally and very heavily. And we all know who he’ll be blaming for it.

I’m firmly in the camp which says Bielsa needs to carry on at Elland Road but I’m not blase in thinking that a play-off place this season means promotion next season.

It’s the natural step, the natural progression, but it’s no secret that the way Bielsa works his players is exhausting and exhaustive, keeping them in a hyper-tense state every step of the way.

In the main it’s done the trick for him, even though Leeds didn’t get there in the end, but you still have to be sure that a plan or a project is sustainable.

I always think of Antonio Conte and his regime at Chelsea: champions one year but a washout the next, although that has to take into account the influence of player power at Stamford Bridge and in the Premier League as a whole.

That’s one thing Bielsa doesn’t really have to worry about at Leeds but he would need his squad to go with him for a second time; to commit to killing themselves for the cause in the way he asks them to.

I’d like to think that it would be a no-brainer.

There can’t be many individuals in that dressing room who don’t think they’ve been enhanced by Bielsa’s coaching because the evidence on the pitch is there to be seen.

His style won’t be fresh this summer in the way that it was a year ago, and sometimes that can make raising yourself a challenge, but I always go back to the same point: some in this squad might never work with Bielsa again.

Make the most of it while you can.

None of us really know what the man himself is thinking and that, ultimately, is what this comes down to. But if he is staying, the club need to throw as much behind him as possible before next season and make the most of the fact that with improvements and a higher calibre of player in some positions, automatic promotion could be in their grasp.

It’s never an exact science and football would be dull if it ever was but look at the facts: this team, in the main, finished 13th last season and were so far off play-off standard it wasn’t true.

Bielsa rode an unbelievable number of injuries and a learning curve in the Championship to take the club to within 46 minutes of the play-off final.

All of which creates a very obvious conclusion: keep him, back him and trust him to do the business at the second time of asking.

I’d feel confident that he can.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1251 på: Mai 19, 2019, 16:38:33 »
Dette må du rette på:

Lufcdata

Norwich:
525 chances created
93 goals
17.7% chance conversion

Sheff Utd:
450 chances created
78 goals
17.3% chance conversion

Leeds:
638 chances created
73 goals
11.4% chance conversion

If Leeds had averaged a 17.5% chance conversion we would have scored approx. 112 goals
Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

Annesj

« Svar #1253 på: Mai 20, 2019, 11:30:26 »
Bielsa til AS Roma?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7046651/Roma-monitoring-Marcelo-Bielsa-situation-Leeds-Argentinean-emerges-candidate.html

Får kontre med denne da:

Phil Hay
‏

@PhilHayYEP
 8 min
8 minutter siden

Mer
More talks between Leeds and Bielsa due this week but mounting confidence that he'll stay. Sources close to him convinced that he's ready to take on a second season:
Marching on together
We're gonna see you win (na, na, na, na, na, na)
We are so proud
We shout it out loud
We love you Leeds - Leeds - Leeds

RoarG

« Svar #1254 på: Mai 20, 2019, 11:37:35 »
Bielsa til AS Roma?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7046651/Roma-monitoring-Marcelo-Bielsa-situation-Leeds-Argentinean-emerges-candidate.html

Får kontre med denne da:

Phil Hay
‏

@PhilHayYEP
 8 min
8 minutter siden

Mer
More talks between Leeds and Bielsa due this week but mounting confidence that he'll stay. Sources close to him convinced that he's ready to take on a second season:
Tror nok han blir, men at det er interesse for han er jo ikke uventet.

auren

« Svar #1255 på: Mai 20, 2019, 11:40:28 »
Bielsa til AS Roma?

Får kontre med denne da:

Phil Hay
‏

@PhilHayYEP
 8 min
8 minutter siden

Mer

Jeg føler meg trygg på at han blir. Han føler seg virkelig elsket i Leeds og ser nok på dette prosjektet å få opp Leeds til PL som et av sine største prestisje-prosjekter. Men feiler vi kommende sesong, så tror jeg nok han vender tilbake.

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

ibster

« Svar #1256 på: Mai 20, 2019, 11:44:38 »
Bielsa til AS Roma?

Får kontre med denne da:

Phil Hay
‏

@PhilHayYEP
 8 min
8 minutter siden

Mer

Jeg føler meg trygg på at han blir. Han føler seg virkelig elsket i Leeds og ser nok på dette prosjektet å få opp Leeds til PL som et av sine største prestisje-prosjekter. Men feiler vi kommende sesong, så tror jeg nok han vender tilbake.

auren

Jeg sover dårlig frem til det bekreftes at han blir.

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #1257 på: Mai 20, 2019, 11:48:34 »
Bielsa til AS Roma?

Får kontre med denne da:

Phil Hay
‏

@PhilHayYEP
 8 min
8 minutter siden

Mer

auren

Jeg har sovet dårlig siden Wigan kampen.....

berlin

« Svar #1258 på: Mai 20, 2019, 20:30:36 »
Bielsa til AS Roma?

Får kontre med denne da:

Phil Hay
‏

@PhilHayYEP
 8 min
8 minutter siden

Mer

auren

Jeg har sovet dårlig siden Wigan kampen.....

Hehe, skjønner den.  :) Du får ta deg en "Bielsa-pille". Skulle ikke den virke, må du vel karre deg til fastlegen.  ;D