Skrevet av Emne: Ex-Manager / Head coach: Marcelo Bielsa  (Lest 400425 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 3 gjester leser dette emnet.

Eriksen55

Sv: Manager / Head coach: Marcelo Bielsa
« Svar #1830 på: Februar 12, 2021, 13:49:21 »
Så klart. ALLTID noe som forstyrrer når det gjelder Leeds.

Ja de 20 minuttene forstyrrer nok voldsomt.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1831 på: Februar 12, 2021, 17:12:31 »
Get French Football News
@GFFN
Marcelo Bielsa in court today - was permitted to speak for 15 minutes, spoke for 45 minutes instead, but got angry about being interrupted by those overseeing proceedings: "I have suffered abuse & you will not allow me to complete my presentation." (VDN)

Marcelo Bielsa court highlights: "I never managed to speak to Luis Campos about football. Football did not interest him." (VDN)

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2021/marcelo-bielsa-is-in-court-today-suing-lille-for-more-than-e19m/
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1832 på: Februar 12, 2021, 20:01:13 »
Get French Football News
@GFFN
Marcelo Bielsa in court today - was permitted to speak for 15 minutes, spoke for 45 minutes instead, but got angry about being interrupted by those overseeing proceedings: "I have suffered abuse & you will not allow me to complete my presentation." (VDN)

Marcelo Bielsa court highlights: "I never managed to speak to Luis Campos about football. Football did not interest him." (VDN)

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2021/marcelo-bielsa-is-in-court-today-suing-lille-for-more-than-e19m/

Mike McGrath
@mcgrathmike

Marcelo Bielsa's lawyer has confirmed to the Daily Telegraph his £16.5m unfair dismissal claim against Lille will be decided on July 2 #LOSC #Bielsa #LUFC
@TeleFootball
 Bielsa appeared via videolink at the industrial tribunal today

MEN det skal også sies, i artikkelen det er vist til et par ganger i dag står det at det forventes at 'taperen' (uansett hvem det blir) vil anke saken videre.

Så denne saken vil nok rulle noen år ennå...
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

TK20

« Svar #1833 på: Februar 12, 2021, 23:05:55 »
Get French Football News
@GFFN

Mike McGrath
@mcgrathmike

Marcelo Bielsa's lawyer has confirmed to the Daily Telegraph his £16.5m unfair dismissal claim against Lille will be decided on July 2 #LOSC #Bielsa #LUFC
@TeleFootball
 Bielsa appeared via videolink at the industrial tribunal today

MEN det skal også sies, i artikkelen det er vist til et par ganger i dag står det at det forventes at 'taperen' (uansett hvem det blir) vil anke saken videre.

Så denne saken vil nok rulle noen år ennå...

Hva handler dette om, tro?

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1834 på: Februar 12, 2021, 23:21:42 »

Hva handler dette om, tro?
Moscowhite gir oss 'den korte versjonen'

There's a good summary of the situation here; it's a little complex, but the short version is that Bielsa had two contracts with Lille: one said he'd be paid in full for the term of his contract even if he was sacked, the other didn't, and Lille are saying only 'the other' applies, and that he was so impossible to work with that he doesn't deserve any compensation for being sacked.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1835 på: Februar 13, 2021, 12:01:03 »
Sky med GRUNDIG intervju med Marcelo!

Marcelo Bielsa exclusive interview: Leeds United manager on playing style debate and burnout accusations
In an exclusive interview with Sky Sports, Marcelo Bielsa attempts to bust some of the myths surrounding his managerial approach. Watch Arsenal vs Leeds live on Sky Sports Premier League HD from 4pm on Sunday; kick-off 4.30pm

Comment and Analysis @nicholaspwright Saturday 13 February 2021 10:29, UK

Leeds climbed into the top half of the Premier League with their 2-0 win over Crystal Palace on Monday. After 22 games of their first campaign back in the division, they sit nine points closer to the Champions League spots than the relegation zone.

Their top-flight status is all but assured for another year. In fact, if they carry on at the current rate, they will record one of the highest points totals by a newly-promoted side in Premier League history. But still the debate over their playing style rumbles on.

Marcelo Bielsa has heard it all before, of course. His high-octane approach is exhilarating but it can expose defensive vulnerabilities too. This season in the Premier League, only four sides have scored more goals than Leeds and yet 17 have conceded fewer.

They have fast become the neutral's favourite but every adverse result tends to prompt the same questions about Bielsa's methods, with the latest round of scrutiny coming as recently as last week, when he told a press conference he would rather finish 12th while playing well than eighth while playing poorly.

The comment was seized upon by those who claim he values style over results, leaving Bielsa with a familiar feeling of frustration.

"I have expressed my opinion on this many times but it's not the one that seems to get across," he tells Sky Sports over Zoom ahead of an afternoon training session at the club's Thorp Arch headquarters.

"What I said in this most recent case is that playing well is the most effective way of obtaining good results. The example I gave, of being in a better position while playing badly or being in a worse position while playing well, is not usually seen in reality.

"That's because the teams that play well end up in the better positions and those that play worse end up in the worse positions. The better you play, the better the results you will ultimately get.

"How can I ignore the importance of results when we all know that if a manager doesn't get results, he won't have a job? If I ignored results, I wouldn't be able to continue working in this profession."

Social media soundbites do not allow for much nuance but the reality is that Bielsa's devotion to his way of playing is rooted in the belief that it represents his best means of winning games.

And who can argue with that when it has transformed a mid-table Championship side into one which looks capable of challenging for Europe in the space of less than three years?

"We have continued playing in the same way we have played throughout my time with these players," says Bielsa.

"We have prepared all this time to play in that way, so it wouldn't be intelligent to waste that experience just because we are competing at a higher level now. Instead we want to capitalise on it.

"Of course, there is not only one way of playing well. There are different ways of doing that. But the job of a manager is to opt for a style, then ensure that style allows his team to overcome their opponents and achieve the results they need."

Bielsa's playing style has been a source of conjecture throughout his career but the suggestion that he zealously pursues it while disregarding results is, in his eyes, just one of many misconceptions around his methodology.

The 65-year-old is also famed for poring over video footage and meticulously studying opponents but he takes issue with that side of his reputation too. "I don't analyse obsessively - and I don't distinguish myself by my analysis," he says. "What I do is what every manager does nowadays."

There is further exasperation on the subject of burnout.

It is no secret that Bielsa places huge physical demands on his players. They are asked to press their opponents relentlessly - "non-stop running," is how Patrick Bamford described it on Monday Night Football this week - and attack with the same level of intensity.

But the oft-repeated accusation that his sides fade late in seasons, the players overcome by exhaustion, is another Bielsa rejects.

"I don't see it as an accusation, just a point of view," he says. "Football is not so important that we can't have tolerance of incorrect evaluations.

"What I can say is that the physical output of teams is something which is meticulously and thoroughly measured. So, if someone wants to know the physical output of one team in comparison with another, they can find indisputable answers.

"Your question, I understand it, but the truth is you don't need my answer, because my answer is just based on the information. If you look at the data, you can see for yourself whether the claim that we tire in certain parts of the season is accurate or not."

The narrative was fed by the dip in form that cost Leeds promotion during Bielsa's first year in charge, but there was certainly little evidence of it last season - they were top of the Championship having won five games in a row when lockdown hit and went on to win it by a 10-point margin - and we are yet to see any in the Premier League either.

Leeds have covered more ground than their opponents in every one of their 22 Premier League games this season and, despite the congested schedule, tracking data shows no hint of a drop-off.

In fact, Bielsa's men have outrun the last four sides they have faced by an average of more than four kilometres.

It is a similar story with their sprinting numbers. Leeds have averaged 168 high-intensity sprints per game so far this season - 28 more than any other Premier League side - and several of their highest totals have come in the last few weeks.

If anything, Leeds are growing stronger rather than weaker and the hope now is that the trend will continue in the months ahead, when Bielsa's options will be boosted by the availability of summer signings Robin Koch, Diego Llorente and Rodrigo.

Leeds' feats this season are even more impressive given the injuries which have hampered that £60m trio. Without them, the team which has taken Leeds into the top half of the Premier League is instead made up almost entirely of players who were there in the Championship.

"We haven't been able to count on the same players in every game," says Bielsa. "This competition is very demanding and the regularity of fixtures provokes injuries. For one reason or another, a lot of the players we signed in the summer have had long periods out.

"In that sense, I am grateful to have worked in this club for almost three years. I have a group of players who have been able to adapt to the Premier League and I also have the advantage of an academy which is very close to the first team, with young players who are able to help us. That's why I am grateful to work within a structure like the one in place here."

It is to Bielsa's credit that individuals with little or no prior Premier League experience - Bamford, Stuart Dallas, Luke Ayling and Kalvin Phillips, to name a few - have handled the step up so impressively but he puts it down to the players themselves.

"The influence of a manager in the development and improvement of players is a lot smaller than people believe. Every player needs stimulus to show his qualities consistently, but it is a question of how they respond to that stimulus rather than the stimulus itself.

"Players who are ambitious see the difficulties of playing at a higher level as a challenge that they can overcome and adapt to. So, I link the development and improvement of players a lot more to how they respond to challenges and how ambitious they are than their manager."

Bielsa will expect the same level of ambition when his players face Arsenal on Sunday. Leeds head to the Emirates Stadium having won three of their last four games. And while the style debate resurfaced last week, there has been plenty of praise for them too.

AP - Leeds United head coach Marcelo Bielsa and defender Hugo Llorente as he comes off injured against Newcastle
Not that Bielsa has given it much thought. His focus, as ever, is on performances rather than results. And on fact rather than opinion.

"There are always big changes in the performance levels of teams over the course of a season, so I prefer to focus on what's still to come rather than what we've done," he says.

"I think it's always important to link people's opinions to the cycle that the team in question is in. If you look at the 21, 22, or 23 games each side has played this season, you see that there are very few teams that haven't had negative cycles and very few that have had long, positive cycles - only Manchester City and Manchester United.

"There are also very few teams that have had predominantly negative cycles throughout the season. All of the rest have had ups and downs, and people's opinions will be positive or negative depending on the context of the results at that time.

"Anyone who observes that will see that you have be very careful during positive cycles not to think you are so good, and, in the same way, very careful during negative cycles not to think you are so bad. Finding that balance is what improves teams."

Recent evidence suggests Bielsa is well-placed to judge.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11715/12209243/marcelo-bielsa-exclusive-interview-leeds-united-manager-on-playing-style-debate-and-burnout-accusations#
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1836 på: Februar 13, 2021, 12:07:33 »
Litt flere detaljer fra gårsdagens møte i rettssalen her.

Heftige saker  :D

“Luis Campos gets up and when he passes Bielsa he puts a finger on her shoulder and says 'You will answer for what you come to say in court.' It was Quiroga who stopped Bielsa from hitting Campos."

Bielsa argued it was Campos who wanted to hit him.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-head-coach-marcelo-bielsa-gives-his-side-lille-story-eu18-french-court-battle-3134030
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Blank_File

« Svar #1837 på: Februar 13, 2021, 13:18:56 »
Det er så mye fint med denne mannen. Bielsa er i ferd med å bli den aller største av managere for meg. Jeg håper jeg får se han før jeg reiser herfra!

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1838 på: Februar 14, 2021, 20:07:16 »
Lurer på om Marcelo klarer å hente Don :D 
3 sesonger kontra 13 er jo litt ubalanse though...

Jonny Cooper
@JRCooper26

Niall Huggins is the 21st different player aged younger than 21 to be give their #lufc debut by Marcelo Bielsa - the only manager in the club's history to award more debuts to players aged younger than 21 is the great Don Revie (35).
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1839 på: Februar 17, 2021, 19:06:52 »
Noen og enhver fikk kaffen i halsen i ettermiddag,,,

Gary Devonport
@dingleburtdev
So rumours of Marcelos wife been over with him. Does this mean we get to keep him longer Crossed fingers

Det han PRØVDE å skrive var at ryktene tilsa at hun hadde bodd i Wetherby med han nå en stund...
Noe hun og familen har gjort ved flere anledninger tidligere også...'

Men noen mener altså å vite at de kikker etter et større sted å bo nå..

https://twitter.com/dingleburtdev/status/1361996449362378752?s=20

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Milou

« Svar #1840 på: Februar 17, 2021, 19:10:24 »
Phil Hay sa vel også på siste The Phil Hay show podcast at han var trygg på at Bielsa kom til å bli eit år til.

Sent from my LYA-AL10 using Tapatalk

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1841 på: Februar 17, 2021, 22:53:13 »
leedsunited_news
@leeds_utd_news

Ian Poveda responds when asked about Marcelo Bielsa’s English during Instagram Q & A:

“His English is very good you know, he should speak more English. But he speaks Spanish and has a translator. But his English is very good.”
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Hallgi

« Svar #1842 på: Februar 19, 2021, 09:59:36 »
Boka som Phil Hay jobber med om det mystiske geniet Bielsa blir fantastisk lesing!

Og denne podcasten kan varmt anbefalast, her de diskuterer Bielsa og denne magiske epoken vårt kjære Leeds er inne i;
https://podcasts.apple.com/no/podcast/the-phil-hay-show-a-show-about-leeds-united/id1488401177?l=nb&i=1000508675132
ALAW (& I am the pirate amongst us)

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1843 på: Februar 20, 2021, 11:45:57 »
Hay'ern:
Phil Hay
@PhilHay_
Marcelo Bielsa has been involved in talks about the next transfer window and people close to him say he is more and more invested in the 'long game' at Leeds.

This season has weighed heavily on coaches like Nuno but Bielsa's spirit seems undiminished:

https://theathletic.com/2399336/2021/02/20/leeds-are-planning-for-the-future-with-bielsa/
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1844 på: Februar 23, 2021, 21:38:12 »
Bielsa skrøt av klubben, ledelsen, byen og Yorkshire i forrige pressekonferanse.

Men det beste med Leeds-opplevelsen hans er spillernes menneskelige kvaliteter!

How important a player like Raphinha fits in with his humility?
The group here on the human aspect is the best thing about this experience. All of those who have arrived have been protected and welcomed. The same goes for all the coaching staff, we also felt very welcome and integrated when we arrived. Given the profile of the players and Raphinha’s human aspect.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1845 på: Februar 24, 2021, 22:21:02 »
Denne tweeten forteller sin egen historie om en mann som etterlater spor!!!

Newell's Old Boys - English
@Newells_en
Marcelo Bielsa has coached 525 players in his career so far.

280 of them are now retired and 163 of those retired players are currently working as either managers or coaches in professional football.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1847 på: Mars 11, 2021, 16:05:57 »
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1848 på: Mars 11, 2021, 22:48:20 »
For the record:
I dag er det altså 1000-dagers-dagen for Bielsa i Leeds. :) 

Kjekt at han kunne bli med på reisa såpass lenge - det lengste han noensinne har vært i en klubb (landslag er en annen historie). Og som han altså sa i dag, innstillingen hans er at han skal bli i klubben resten av livet :D

(han sa det på Bielsavis, men vi skjønte det :D :D :D
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

RoarG

« Svar #1849 på: Mars 17, 2021, 10:05:05 »
Leeds angivelig på utkikk etter en Bielsa-erstatter. Det må man jo. Bielsa er 65 år, og kontrakten hans går ut til sommeren. Nå har Bielsa uttalt at han vil avslutte sin managerkarriere i Leeds, men den slutten kan jo komme før vi aner. Tror vel Bielsa ikke har så veldig lang tid igjen i Leeds, selv om han fortsetter et år til.
Italienske Massimliano Allegri har vært nevnt, men han avviser påstandene, og uttaler at Leeds ikke er aktuelt for han. Uansett, viser det klubbens ambisjoner om å tiltrekke seg topp-navn. Tidene med navn som Warnock, Evans, McDermott og Heckingbottom er forhåpentligvis over?

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/03/17/from-people-close-to-him-journalist-shares-how-allegri-feels-about-replacing-bielsa-at-leeds/
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Bjorn

« Svar #1850 på: Mars 17, 2021, 12:38:00 »
Leeds angivelig på utkikk etter en Bielsa-erstatter. Det må man jo. Bielsa er 65 år, og kontrakten hans går ut til sommeren. Nå har Bielsa uttalt at han vil avslutte sin managerkarriere i Leeds, men den slutten kan jo komme før vi aner. Tror vel Bielsa ikke har så veldig lang tid igjen i Leeds, selv om han fortsetter et år til.
Italienske Massimliano Allegri har vært nevnt, men han avviser påstandene, og uttaler at Leeds ikke er aktuelt for han. Uansett, viser det klubbens ambisjoner om å tiltrekke seg topp-navn. Tidene med navn som Warnock, Evans, McDermott og Heckingbottom er forhåpentligvis over?

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/03/17/from-people-close-to-him-journalist-shares-how-allegri-feels-about-replacing-bielsa-at-leeds/

Javel.. Regner med at klubben ikke har gått ut ned dette, men baseres på spekulasjon og antagelser fra folk utenfor støtteapparatet til Leeds.
Marching On! 4276

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1851 på: Mars 20, 2021, 10:02:29 »
Dette bildet, samt twiitterkommentaren: "Bielsa is all us" - KONGE :D :D :D

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Kato

« Svar #1852 på: Mars 20, 2021, 10:09:10 »
Brillene på halv åtte....170 i puls antakelig. Fullstendig kok på overtid. Hadde vært morsomt å vite hvilke direktiver Koch fikk da han skulle inn. Så ut som han ikke skjønte noe.

ar9

« Svar #1853 på: Mars 20, 2021, 22:13:55 »
Bildet illustrerer vakkert hvor mye han gir av seg selv for laget, klubben og supporterne.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1854 på: Mars 31, 2021, 10:19:08 »
Ikke Wilko, ikke The Don, ikke engang Jimmy Armfield som brakte oss til en Europacupfinale... :D

Men Bielsa har klart det, selv om det holdt hardt da vi skulle møte Chelsea nylig:

stats © Trophy
@lufcstats

Morning Stat: Marcelo Bielsa is the only Leeds United manager/Head Coach in our history, who has managed at least 100 league games, never to lose 3 league games in a row.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

auren

« Svar #1855 på: Mars 31, 2021, 10:25:20 »
Ikke Wilko, ikke The Don, ikke engang Jimmy Armfield som brakte oss til en Europacupfinale... :D

Men Bielsa har klart det, selv om det holdt hardt da vi skulle møte Chelsea nylig:

stats © Trophy
@lufcstats

Morning Stat: Marcelo Bielsa is the only Leeds United manager/Head Coach in our history, who has managed at least 100 league games, never to lose 3 league games in a row.

Men over 70 kamper har kommet på nivå to. En viss forskjell synes jeg.

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Perik

« Svar #1856 på: Mars 31, 2021, 11:57:43 »

stats © Trophy
@lufcstats

auren

Vi klarte vel fint 3 tap på rad før han kom inn, selv på nivå to

Blank_File

« Svar #1857 på: Mars 31, 2021, 12:35:29 »

stats Trophy
@lufcstats

auren

Begynte ikke både Wilko og Revien også på nivå 2?

Josch

« Svar #1858 på: Mars 31, 2021, 14:06:18 »

stats Trophy
@lufcstats

auren

Begynte ikke både Wilko og Revien også på nivå 2?

Det ser ut til at Wilko greide det samme etter sin oppstart.
Han tok over 10.10.88. Jeg kan ikke se noen tre-på-rad tap for ham i 1988/89. 37 kamper.
1989/90 heller ingen. 46 kamper
1990/91 tapte vi tre på rad ved påsketider. 31 kamper.

37+46+31 = 114 kamper før det ble tre-på-rad tap.

Begge har da ca 2 sesonger på nivå 2 og ca 3/4 sesong på øverste nivå. Belsa kan selvsagt være den eneste manager som har unngått dette, pga kort tid i sjefsstolen. Det er urettferdig å sammenlike med Wilko og Revie . De satt 8 og 13 år.
« Siste redigering: Mars 31, 2021, 14:08:20 av Josch »

geirsilke

« Svar #1859 på: April 03, 2021, 02:58:17 »
Dette er sært, men så en Bielsa-look alike da jeg så en Olsenbanden-film her om dagen. Spesielt på bildet på denne siden er Per Lillo-Stenberg ganske så lik:

https://www.discogs.com/artist/821359-Per-Lillo-Stenberg