Skrevet av Emne: LEGENDE: Eddie Gray  (Lest 6011 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

LEGENDE: Eddie Gray
« på: September 26, 2013, 16:17:05 »
Klubbambassadør og MBE (Member of British Empire) Eddie har fått en flott utmerkelser.

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/16v934ta3a2z313zfg4idhmu3k/title/legend-eddies-accolade

:)
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

Sv: LEGENDE: Eddie Gray
« Svar #1 på: November 13, 2013, 12:50:00 »
Injury limited Eddie Gray to just 12 Scotland caps but he has finally been called into his country’s hall of fame.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-utd/leeds-legend-eddie-gray-recognised-by-scots-1-6240442

;D
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #2 på: Mai 19, 2014, 12:35:06 »
Fra YEP:

The interesting thing with the retained list is I don’t know myself how much influence that Brian McDermott had with it. You get the impression that Massimo Cellino is making all the decisions but Brian has not come out and said anything yet and the president has not really said anything about the long-term situation of the football club. It’s a difficult time for the club as there still seems to be some big, huge, financial restraints and we need to get that sorted out and then we can move forward. There’s a lot of people at the football club, including myself, where you just don’t know what’s going to happen next season. I don’t know what’s happening with my own situation at the club and I will probably go and have a word with the president. But what annoys me is that you get someone, and I don’t know who it was, writing on some websites that I was on a hundred grand a year! I wish I was but that’s just ridiculous. But people put these things on these websites and people start to believe it.

I’m not talking about any figures but a hundred grand a year is what someone said and that’s garbage.
I just don’t know where these people get their information from. I didn’t even know about this being written until my missus told me as she’s got an iPad but I don’t have one. But there’s people talking about it and you’re thinking ‘what’s all that about?!’

The club are losing money, no doubt about it and things have got to be sorted out but it’s not just Leeds United. You look at the money the champions lost last year.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #4 på: Januar 17, 2016, 11:17:14 »
Tom Kirwin

No footprints in the snow outside mine....Eddie has definitely been playing football here. #HappyBirthdayEddie #lufc

Min første Leeds-kamp:

sportcarl1

« Svar #5 på: Januar 17, 2016, 13:56:15 »
ja grattis

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #6 på: Januar 11, 2017, 21:19:56 »
UNGT TALENT, ...og bare VENT til han trekker inn i midten og erstatter Bobby Collins, står det her  ;D

Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #7 på: Juni 24, 2017, 07:01:39 »
Harry Kewell om Eddie Gray:

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Jon R

« Svar #8 på: Juni 24, 2017, 13:54:09 »

Var god på alt han ble satt til i klubben, fra spiller, akademi, reservelag og ass manager. Unntaket var nr 1 head-coach/manager. Der fant han sine begrensninger. Mulig han hadde lykkes hadde han fått fortsette det han påstartet etter nedrykket i 82. Eddie & co var i ferd med å dyrke frem en fantastisk generasjon fotballspillere som tragisk nok ble spredt for alle vidder da Billy overtok. Det var også et negativt vendepunkt da DOL erstattet Eddie med Brian Kidd.
Jon R.

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #9 på: Juni 24, 2017, 14:14:50 »

Var god på alt han ble satt til i klubben, fra spiller, akademi, reservelag og ass manager. Unntaket var nr 1 head-coach/manager. Der fant han sine begrensninger. Mulig han hadde lykkes hadde han fått fortsette det han påstartet etter nedrykket i 82. Eddie & co var i ferd med å dyrke frem en fantastisk generasjon fotballspillere som tragisk nok ble spredt for alle vidder da Billy overtok. Det var også et negativt vendepunkt da DOL erstattet Eddie med Brian Kidd.
Helt enig! Eddie skulle ha vært nummer 2! Brian Kidd har stort sett snakket seg inn som nummer 2 i store klubber....

Hallgeir *

« Svar #10 på: Januar 16, 2018, 20:27:54 »
Gratulerer med 70-årsdagen, Eddie !  8)

www.leedsunited.com/video/93037/happy-birthday-eddie-gray

Strengt tatt var det vel en dag på forhånd. Født 17. januar.  ;)
« Siste redigering: Januar 16, 2018, 20:36:50 av Hallgeir * »
Super Leeds since 1968

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #11 på: Januar 16, 2018, 20:51:24 »

Han kan vi feire to dager til ende. :)

...en som har vokst i min anseelse år for år.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

RoarG

« Svar #12 på: Januar 16, 2018, 22:06:28 »
Gratulerer med dagen, Eddie.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Blank_File

« Svar #13 på: Januar 17, 2018, 00:45:55 »

Han kan vi feire to dager til ende. :)

...en som har vokst i min anseelse år for år.
Enig. For en som er for ung til å ha opplevd denne gjengen, har det vært fantastisk å få lytte til Eddie så ofte som jeg har gjort de 15 siste årene. Husker ikke helt når LUTV kom på banen.

Hel Leeds ved denne mannen!

ragnar

« Svar #14 på: Januar 17, 2018, 14:29:20 »
Grattis!
*In El Loco we trust!*

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #15 på: Januar 17, 2018, 18:10:17 »
Pep Clotet‏
Verified account
 @pepclotet

Happy th birthday , Eddie! You look younger with every passing year! Make sure you keep going with your daily 10-mile runs!

Steike. 16 km a day keeps the doctor away :o
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

auren

« Svar #16 på: Januar 17, 2018, 18:13:18 »
Grattis med dagen, Eddie  :) :)

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #17 på: Januar 17, 2018, 18:22:05 »

Scots Footy Cards
‏@ScotsFootyCards
 20h20 hours ago
Ray Bradley spotlights a star who took the flair path to fame... #EddieGray #LeedsUtd #CharlesBuchansFootballMonthly 1971-01
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #18 på: Juni 17, 2018, 23:08:34 »
Leeds United: Gray encouraged by capture of Bielsa

Published: 21:03 Sunday 17 June 2018
'TERRIFIC': Leeds United legend Eddie Gray has been impressed with the appointment of Marcelo Bielsa, above, as head coach. Picture by Getty.
'TERRIFIC': Leeds United legend Eddie Gray has been impressed with the appointment of Marcelo Bielsa, above, as head coach. Picture by Getty.
Lee Sobot

THE appointment of Marcelo Bielsa as Leeds United head coach was quickly heralded by some as Leeds United’s highest profile managerial appointment yet.

The facts are that Bielsa has become the highest paid head coach in the club’s 99-year history with the football world seriously sitting up to take notice of Friday morning’s news.

Whilst bearing the likes of Howard Wilkinson, George Graham and Terry Venables in mind, it has been suggested by some that only the appointments of Brian Clough and Jock Stein made similar waves – two managers who both benefited from the dazzling services of Whites winger legend Eddie Gray.

Whilst reluctant to categorically say Bielsa is the club’s highest-profile boss ever, Gray admits he has been highly impressed by the appointment of the Argentinian, commending his former club for their efforts and saying of Bielsa: “his CV is as good as anyone’s.”

Having gone through ten different head coaches in the last five years, Leeds have quickly shifted their attentions to something rather different with Bielsa now the club’s first ever head coach or manager to be born outside of Europe.

After growing up in Rosario, Argentina, Bielsa went on to manage the Argentina and Chile national sides as well as Espanyol, Athletic Bilbao, Marseille, Lazio and Lille.

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola and Tottenham Hotspur chief Mauricio Pochettino are among those to have been influenced by Bielsa’s work with Guardiola describing Bielsa as “the best coach in the world”.

Of all the managerial appointments in the club’s 99-year history, it has been suggested that only the appointments of Clough and Stein come close in terms of comparable CVs.

Gray would know having been a Leeds player when both were appointed with Clough having steered Derby County to their first ever English title and the semi finals of the European Cup before being brought to Leeds for the arduous task of succeeding what turned out to be the club’s most successful manager ever in Don Revie after Clough’s shortlived spell at Brighton.

Clough’s well documented views on Leeds made his appointment extremely unpopular and he lasted just 44 days before ultimately heading to Nottingham Forest whom he steered to a league title and two consecutive European Cups.

Stein, meanwhile, joined Leeds in 1978 after 13 years with Celtic whom he guided to a plethora of titles including ten league championships and a European Cup.

Stein also lasted for just 44 days but Gray was there for both, putting him in the ideal place to compare those two appointments with the acquisition of Bielsa.

Whether Bielsa is actually the club’s highest profile manager ever remains open to debate but Gray says there is no denying the significance of the Argentinian’s appointment and therein the statement made by Leeds United and chairman Andrea Radrizzani as a whole.

Comparing the appointment of Bielsa to Clough and Stein, Gray told the YEP: “Bielsa is high profile but two other managers you mention there won the European Cup or the Champions League so it doesn’t come much higher profile than them – and Don Revie himself.

“But for actually hiring somebody, it’s a big statement that the club have made so fair play to the club.

“They went and got somebody who they think is at the top edge of the management tree and his record shows that.

“Obviously, everybody will be looking forward to it. It feels like it’s terrific. You look at his CV and it’s as good as anyone’s. He’s got a great reputation, he’s a powerful manager and I think he’ll run things as he sees fit and I don’t think there will be any doubt about that.

“You don’t manage at the level he has managed at without knowing the game and having confidence in your ability to make things happen.”

Bielsa is set to arrive in England next weekend with the 62-year-old heading for his first training session with United’s squad upon their return from their summer break at Thorp Arch next Monday.

The fact that the Argentinian speaks very little English if any, has been well documented but Gray does not see the language barrier being a problem.

“Football is a universal language,” reasoned Gray.

“As long as he can get stuff across to the players, it doesn’t make any difference.

“I’m sure that as time goes by he will learn words and what he needs to learn to be able to communicate with people and with the press and the players especially and he will probably have somebody interpret him so he can get his messages across.”

The overriding message and aim is that Bielsa will now be the latest in a long line of managers charged with finally getting the Whites back into the Premier League after what is now a 15-year absence. Gray, longing for his former side to finally get back in the top flight, is optimistic.

Gray said: “It’s exciting when any new manager comes in but it will be interesting to see how he approaches it and how he goes about it in his quest to get the team back into the Premier League.

“Because at the end of the day that’s the ultimate aim – for the team to get back into the Premier League.

“Like any other manager, he will know that himself because he is a experienced manager and that’s what he will be judged on.

“I just hope, though, that maybe we can settle down, that the club can settle down and he can use his experience to get the type of players we need or what he thinks we need to get us back into back into the big league.

“Everybody will be looking forward to it.

“I think it’s the best for the club, to get a manager with his reputation from the start to come to a Championship club.

“He said himself that it was a big opportunity for him and too good to turn down.

“Time will tell – but it seems a step in the right direction.”

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #19 på: Januar 17, 2019, 12:53:53 »
LUFC Trust
The Trust would like to send birthday wishes to club legend Eddie Gray as he celebrates his 71st birthday today.
Eddie made 454 league appearance for the Whites & was never booked in that time. A true gentleman!
Eddie has performed nearly every role at #lufc & is a true great.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #20 på: Mars 30, 2022, 10:24:48 »
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Forever Whites

« Svar #22 på: Mars 30, 2022, 16:04:42 »
Igjen et glimrende intervju fra Daily Mail.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10664975/Leeds-right-axe-Marcelo-Bielsa-says-Eddie-Gray.html

Mye av det han beskriver at Bielsa manglet på den personlige fronten ble tildels ivaretatt av Alioski som nok var en god spiller å har rundt seg på treninger og annet.  Han var flink til å oppmuntre sine medspillere på en måte Bielsa ikke var typen til å gjøre.  At Alioski forsvant i sommer medførte nok mer enn at vi ble svekket på venstresiden.  Mye av gleden i laget forsvart samtidig og med økende mengder skader i tillegg ble det forsterket i negativ retning.  Nå ser det ut som vi har fått en trener som er en mye mere motivator i tillegg til læremester.  Håper han lykkes med begge deler.  Men tror nok han er avhengig av å bli backet opp mer økonomisk.  Spesielt siden han også vil ha en bredere stall enn det Bielsa ønsket.
Medlem 94237

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #23 på: September 13, 2023, 21:25:08 »
Gray-familien har i det siste fått mye omtale for Archie Gray og hans sportslige suksess.
Privat derimot har de nok vært preget av Eddies eldste sønn, Stuart, sin private kamp mot dødelig sykdom.
I dag videreformidlet Phil Hay Stuarts inderlige statement om sykdommen og hans kamp for om mulig å få forlenge livet.

Tar med dette om Stuart fra artikkelen under:
There is an amusing postscript to Clough-Gray. In The Damned United, Eddie's character is played by his son Stuart, who also became a professional footballer for Celtic and other clubs.

'It wasn't a big part and the only reason he was chosen is because he could kick a ball and take a corner,' says Eddie with a smile. 'The funny thing is if you look at Stuart's Wikipedia page, it says on it footballer and actor, even though that's the only acting he ever did! It's something we laugh about in our family.'

https://www.gofundme.com/f/stuart-gray-fight-against-cholangiocarcinoma?utm_campaign=m_pd+share-sheet&utm_content=undefined&utm_medium=copy_link_all&utm_source=customer&utm_term=undefined

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9847825/I-know-boys-whove-left-love-Bielsa-Eddie-Gray-takes-comfort-resurgent-Whites.html
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan