Skrevet av Emne: Spiller: Jamie Shackleton  (Lest 20264 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Spiller: Jamie Shackleton
« på: Juli 27, 2018, 14:48:21 »
Han her spåes en stor fremtid:

"I've played on the wing before when I was younger but never wing-back. I don't mind it, it suits my game and I am enjoying it." - Jamie Shackleton embracing life at Marcelo Bielsa's Leeds United. #lufc
« Siste redigering: Juli 06, 2019, 16:03:02 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

Sv: Ung spiller: Jamie Shackleton
« Svar #1 på: Juli 27, 2018, 14:50:15 »
Leeds United youngster Shackleton embracing life under Marcelo Bielsa

Joe Urquhart
Published: 11:40 Friday 27 July 2018
Leeds United youngster Jamie Shackleton has revealed he is embracing life and his new position under Whites boss Marcelo Bielsa at Elland Road.

The 18-year-old has featured heavily throughout pre-season for United and was called upon once more during Thursday's 4-3 win over National League North side Guiseley at Nethermoor Park.

Jamie Shackleton in action against Oxford United.
Jamie Shackleton in action against Oxford United.
Shackleton, who is a product of the Leeds academy and is yet to make a senior appearance for the club, has revealed he is loving life at Thorp Arch in the first-team ranks and is embracing his new position as a wing-back away from his preferred role in midfield.

"I've played on the wing before when I was younger but never wing-back," Shackleton told LUTV.

"I don't mind it to be fair it suits my game and I am enjoying it. I've enjoyed pre-season. Working on the shape work, it's a new position for me, I've enjoyed it and the games as well."

Asked whether he had taken much from new boss Bielsa during the course of pre-season, Shackleton replied: "A lot. The tactics that we have worked on and the movements and this new position, I've learnt a lot in a short space of time and hopefully I can take that forward into this season.

"I've obviously played with Pearcey, Ronny and Paudie and to see them go on and play in the first-team, it shows that it's not too far away - seeing lads that I have played with go and do it. It's good to see. Hopefully I can make that next step.

"It gives you something to strive for to come out every game and do your best."

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #2 på: August 11, 2018, 21:37:58 »
Deancore om Derby borte

Phillips was insanely good again. Shackleton looked classy. Bonkers this

Vi kan selge Vieira når vi har en sånn unggutt på gang!
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #3 på: August 11, 2018, 21:39:39 »
Adam Pope

MB instruction to Shackleton as he made his debut was to bring balance to the game & keep possession. #lufc

8)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #4 på: August 11, 2018, 21:45:46 »
Louise Shackleton

There are no words to explain how proud of you we all are @jamieshackk  truly and utterly deserved with all of the hard work and dedication you have put in. Many more to come. ALAW

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #5 på: August 12, 2018, 15:22:04 »
Wikipedia

Shackleton plays in Centre Midfield, he can also play as a Right wing-back or as a False 10 position. He is known as a technical player on the ball who also has has a tenacious pressing style off the ball.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Shackleton

Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #6 på: August 12, 2018, 20:47:40 »
Blir liksom så beroliget når jeg leser slike artikler.
http://the72.co.uk/113930/leeds-youngster-set-important-role-marcelo-bielsa/
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

RoarG

« Svar #7 på: August 13, 2018, 11:43:36 »
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #8 på: August 13, 2018, 14:34:57 »
Adam Pope
 Shackleton commits future

Midfielder Jamie Shackleton, 18, signs new 3-year-deal keeping him at #lufc until June 2021

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #9 på: August 13, 2018, 14:35:50 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #10 på: August 22, 2018, 19:58:16 »
LUFCHD

Neil Redfearn on Jamie Shackleton in October 2016: "There's a little boy, a midfielder called Jamie Shackleton. I think he's got a great chance. He's a good footballer, he's got great feet. He's not the biggest, but he's very tenacious and reads the game well." #LUFC

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #11 på: August 31, 2018, 22:49:40 »
Kippax teenager Shackleton living the dream with Leeds United

Published: 10:30 Thursday 30 August 2018
 Jamie Shackleton on his Leeds United debut at Derby.
Jamie Shackleton on his Leeds United debut at Derby.
Latest off the Leeds United Academy production line to make an impression in the first team, Jamie Shackleton has come a long way in a short space of time.

The 18-year-old midfielder, now turned attacking full-back, has been given his chance in the first team at Elland Road after impressing new head coach Marcelo Bielsa in training and in the pre-season warm-up games.

And the Kippax youngster is fast becoming a first team regular with his senior debut, home debut and first starts in both the Carabao Cup and Sky Bet Championship ticked off.

The rise has been fast for a lad who first kicked a ball for the Kippax Athletic junior team with his appearances in the senior side earning him a new contract – a three-year deal to stay at Elland Road and develop his career further.

As a boyhood Leeds United fan it is a dream come true for Jamie and he is still pinching himself.

He said: “I’ve always been a Leeds fan, so to put on a Leeds shirt was one of the best feelings of my life.

“It’s a great feeling having signed another three years here. Obviously since I’ve been young that was the aim, a professional contract so to get another three years as a pro here, I’m really pleased with that.

“I wasn’t expecting it, not at all. I just kept my head down, kept working. If you do that, hopefully it’s going to come. That’s all you can do.

“Like I said this is the club I love so do that, get on the pitch for the first team and sign a new contract here, it means an awful lot to me, but really now it’s about the next one and the next game.

“That’s what you want really, more game time. Now I’ve had a sniff of it, I want more. So that’s the aim now.”

On his own background Shackleton explained: “I started off playing for Kippax Athletic, my local team.

“I got scouted by Leeds at six or seven, but carried on playing for Kippax up until nine and then I signed for the academy, under-nines.

“And from then on I played for all the academy teams up until the 23s.

“I’ve worked with a lot of different coaches that have all helped me along the way. Some really good coaches and a few setbacks at times.

“I’ve played an age group down before due to my size, but ultimately it’s all helped me and, yeah, the hard work has gone into getting where I am at the moment.

Shackleton was earmarked for potential greatness when aged just 16 by former Leeds first team and academy boss Neil Redfearn, but he played down the favourable comment:

“Well I was still playing 18s football, bit of 23s football at that time so it was still a way to go to playing first-team football I thought.

“It’s a good thing to hear from a first team coach and for him to have that belief in me and it’s good that he’s been right about it.”

On making his senior debut as a substitute at Derby County earlier this month, Shackleton said: “I felt more nervous getting to the ground and getting off the bus, rather than when I was told I was coming on.

“When I got told I was just like a bit of a ‘right, okay, we’re going on’ and then before I knew it, it was the end of the game, so I didn’t think about it too much.

“But it was more the pre-match stuff, that’s where I felt a bit of nerves. It helped that the team were 4-1 up. Even though it was a 20 minute period you want to do everything you can to catch the manager’s eye, catch everyone’s eye.

“You don’t want to go on and just have an average performance. You want to do everything you can to stand out in that time.”

The Kippax youngster is enjoying working with United’s new head coach Bielsa.

He added: “He’s a world class manager, one of the best in the world, so to know that he’s willing to bring someone as young as myself on, it’s encouraging.

“I really enjoy training with him and the staff I’ve worked with, his coaching staff, are all brilliant and really supportive, making pre-season for me really enjoyable.”

https://www.pontefractandcastlefordexpress.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/kippax-teenager-shackleton-living-the-dream-with-leeds-united-1-9325349/amp?__twitter_impression=true
Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #12 på: September 06, 2018, 15:13:39 »
Med Bielsas satsing på unge talenter, som Jamie Shackleton, var Anitas dager i Leeds talte. Støtter Bielsa i den vurderingen, selvsagt.
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/09/06/do-report-jamie-shackletons-potential-convined-leeds-to-discard/

Killa

« Svar #13 på: Oktober 08, 2018, 20:29:25 »
Gratulerer med 19 års dagen Shacks! ;D

Promotion 2010

« Svar #14 på: Oktober 10, 2018, 21:04:49 »
He's only 19...but Leeds United starlet Jamie Shackleton is already targeting a UEFA coaching licence

Phil Hay
Published: 11:07 Wednesday 10 October 2018
 Leeds United midfielder Jamie Shackleton.
Leeds United midfielder Jamie Shackleton.
Jamie Shackleton turned 19 on Monday, a footballer with many years ahead of him, but the Leeds United youngster is already pursuing plans for a future in coaching.

Shackleton took his first step into senior football with a club debut against Derby County in August and academy staff at Thorp Arch have long been confident about a talented teenager realising his potential.

Shackleton has played only five times for United’s first team - three appearances in the Championship and two in the League Cup - but he intends to qualify for his UEFA B licence before the end of this season, beginning the process of setting himself up for the day when he retires.

Speaking to League Football Education magazine, created by the EFL and the Professional Footballers’ Association (PFA), Shackleton said: “I’m looking at studying for my UEFA B licence in coaching this year and get that in the bag early so I’m in a good position already for when I finish playing.

“It’s definitely something I’ll be able to use as a way of focusing my mind off my own performance and take some pressure off in that way - as well as setting me up for a future after football, which hopefully won’t be for a long time yet.

“It can also help my game right now, learning how to support and deal with players, and it makes you think about the bigger picture of the game rather than just your own individual role. It’s definitely something I’m hoping to sort out soon.”

Shackleton was a midfielder during his time in Leeds’ academy but has been used as a right-back by head coach Marcelo Bielsa, who targeted him and a handful of other development-squad players as first-team material in the summer.

“He’s spent a lot of time with me, learning different movements and different requirements for the position because I’ve never played there before,” Shackelton said.

“The manager’s obviously seen qualities in me to put me there and I feel I’ve adapted well so far. With the way we play it’s an attacking position and I like to go forward as I did in midfield so it does suit my game. “I think it’s a good quality to be able to play a few positions. I used to be a winger when I was nine or 10, then I’ve played centre-midfield ever since and now I’ve been pushed to right-back for a few games.”

Shackleton said Bielsa’s attention to detail and strict mentality had become apparent in the early days of pre-season, underlined by an order from United’s boss for his players to spend time collecting litter around their training ground.

“There were a few of the Under-23s players that were selected to train with the first team from day one of pre-season and I was one of them,” Shackleton said.

“In the second week of pre-season, we spoke about the fans and how they’re the most important people to this club, how passionate they are and what it means to them to go and watch us play football.

“Their lives involve a lot of hard work throughout the week to be able to afford a ticket for the weekend so we had our own insight into a bit of hard graft away from football by going round the whole training ground clearing all the litter from the pitches, bushes, everything really.”
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #15 på: Desember 09, 2018, 15:36:43 »
Leeds Youth

@jamieshackk (19) displayed a very assured performance for #LUFC yesterday.

90 Minutes Played
 36 Passes
 94.4% Passing Accuracy
 1 Key Pass
 2 Aerial Duels Won    !!!!!!!  ;)
 1 Shot

#LeedsYouth

Min første Leeds-kamp:

stian

« Svar #16 på: Desember 09, 2018, 15:46:12 »
Leeds Youth

90 Minutes Played
 36 Passes
 94.4% Passing Accuracy
 1 Key Pass
 1 Shot

#LeedsYouth

Og kanskje det viktigste: han fremsto trygg og komfortabel, selv om høyreback kanskje ikke er hans beste posisjon. Shackleton blir det fotballspiller av!

Xern

« Svar #17 på: Desember 09, 2018, 16:55:56 »
Leeds Youth

90 Minutes Played
 36 Passes
 94.4% Passing Accuracy
 1 Key Pass
 1 Shot

#LeedsYouth

Og kanskje det viktigste: han fremsto trygg og komfortabel, selv om høyreback kanskje ikke er hans beste posisjon. Shackleton blir det fotballspiller av!
Imponerende fart på fyren, på tross av at han er 1.65 høy
Noen mennesker tror at fotball gjelder liv eller død. Jeg liker ikke den innstillingen. Det er atskillig mer alvorlig enn som så. - Bill Shankly

RoarG

« Svar #18 på: Desember 12, 2018, 16:36:11 »
Jamie Shackletons start mot QPR i helga var hans hjemmedebut-start i Championship. Shackleton har startet i 3 tidligere kamper, men det har vært borte (i ligaen) og i begge ligacup-kampene. Han nyter selvsagt den rollen har får stille i laget.

https://www.pontefractandcastlefordexpress.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-shackleton-pleased-to-be-playing-his-part-1-9489530

Promotion 2010

« Svar #19 på: Mars 04, 2019, 22:37:23 »
Lufcdata

Jamie Shackleton vs. West Brom:

3 touches
3 passes
2 mins played
1 assist

Dream introduction. Second assist of the season.  #LUFC

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #20 på: Mars 08, 2019, 20:47:22 »
SECRET SCOUT: Leeds full back Jamie Shackleton plays a mature game

By The Secret Scout For The Daily Mail 22:31 07 Mar 2019, updated 22:35 07 Mar 2019
With quick, short strides Jamie Shackleton gets into opposition territory quickly
His strength seems to be vision to spot and play the short pass at close quarters
Teenager is quick to spot danger, intercept and break away from his opponent
Our scout is a top football expert who attends matches each week searching for the next star. He'll bring you his verdict in Sportsmail.

This week the man in the spotlight is Leeds full back Jamie Shackleton.

The man in Sportsmail's spotlight this time is Leeds full back and 19-year-old Jamie Shackleton
WHAT HAS HE GOT?

JAMIE SHACKLETON PROFILE

CLUB: Leeds United

POSITION: Full back

VALUE: £3m

This locally-born youngster impressed me in a senior game (an FA Cup tie at QPR) and also an academy fixture.

A small right back, Shackleton is nimble on his feet and with quick, short strides he gets into opposition territory quickly.

He plays a mature game and I like the way he covers close to his centre back when play develops on the opposite flank. He enjoys getting forward, bursting to make a quick overload. Indeed his immediate opponent in one game seemed irritated that he was being constantly forced back to track Shackleton's runs.

Although I saw him drive two superb 40-50 yard 'pingers' out wide, his strength seems to be his vision to spot and play the short pass at close quarters. Shackleton looks very much a footballing full back who uses the early 'push' pass to good effect.

His combinations down the right in the second game I saw were excellent, making a speedy triangle with his fast outside right and clever right midfielder. In the second half, his coach switched him to midfield and he was quieter and, tightly marked, unable to influence the game as much.

However, his attitude, enthusiasm and general bubbliness impressed me.

Shackleton is nimble and with quick, short strides he gets into opposition territory quickly

WHAT DOES HE NEED?

At only 5ft 7in, scouts may analyse his back-post defending but I see a midfield player emerging. He is quick to spot danger, intercept and break away from his immediate opponent.

Now with three league starts behind him, his accuracy of pass and sharpness in tight areas - allied to his speed - will get him a decent career.

Over the years, Leeds have produced a plethora of young talent and Shackleton could well make the grade. He has a good chance of being in the Premier League next season with his club - but perhaps it will be as a midfielder.

At 5ft 7in, scouts may analyse his back-post defending but I see a midfield player emerging

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #21 på: Mai 06, 2019, 19:48:16 »
Leeds fans drool over Jamie Shackleton after penalty-shootout win over Birmingham

Leeds fans drool over Jamie Shackleton after penalty-shootout win over Birmingham
Jamie Shackleton of Leeds United before the Sky Bet Championship match between Rotherham United and Leeds United at the New York Stadium, Rotherham, England, UK, on Saturday 26th January 2019. (Photo by Mark Fletcher/NurPhoto via Getty Images)
Jamie Shackleton shone as Leeds United held on to win the Professional Development League Play-Off final on penalties after a goalless 120 minutes – and Leeds fans have drooled over the player’s performance.

Jack Clarke, Ryan Edmondson, Aapo Halme and Gaetano Berardi all started the match along with Shackleton, who continued to impress from the right side of defence despite being a natural central midfielder.

Both sides hit the woodwork throughout, with Birmingham City’s left-back Remeao Hutton striking an excellent effort off of Kamil Miazek’s crossbar. Matuesz Bogusz hit the post from a free-kick.

Ryan Edmondson also had a goal disallowed for offside, leaving Leeds with a penalty shootout. But the Whites were victorious, as Kamil Miazek saved two penalties. Ryan Edmondson, Clarke, Kun Mihaylov and Pascal Struijk scored.

(Photo by Matthew Lewis/Getty Images)
Shackleton was excellent throughout. Defensively, the 19-year-old was rock solid for Leeds but it was his attacking play that perhaps caught the eye of the Elland Road support – which was believed to be in the region of 6000.

The 19-year-old looked a class above for the Whites, and has proved that he is one of the best up-and-coming talents in the Leeds reserves after Marcelo Bielsa has given him 22 appearances this season.

Leeds fans reacted on Twitter to Shackleton’s display for the Whites, with many stunned at how he is not getting a more regular game in the senior side. He was replaced in the 115th minute by Kun.

Will Butcher
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #22 på: Mai 07, 2019, 21:47:26 »
Jamie Shackleton opens up on Leeds United, Marcelo Bielsa, giving everything and playing right-back - Leeds Live

‘Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard’ and doesn’t Leeds United’s Jamie Shackleton know it.

The quote, from the lesser known Tim Notke, can probably be found plastered on the wall of your local gym or boxing club and is well used in professional sport to get bone idle talent off their backsides.

One professional sportsman lacking in neither department is the 19-year-old pocket rocket who has been taken into Elland Road hearts this season.

Shackleton impressed in pre-season and head coach Marcelo Bielsa saw what he loved in spades: work rate.

Now 19, Shackleton made his senior debut at 18 when the Whites were cruising at Derby County in August before a full league debut 10 days later at Swansea City.

Good luck with finding a deeper end to be chucked into than a Championship starting berth after the captain’s pulled up lame in the warm-up 15 minutes before kick-off.

Indeed, Shackleton was thrust into the limelight so late the media were left scratching their heads as to why Liam Cooper did not lead the team out of Liberty Stadium’s tunnel.

Jamie Shackleton blocks Martin Olsson's cross. Championship - Swansea City v Leeds United - Tuesday 21st August 2018 - Liberty Stadium(Image: Kevin Barnes/CameraSport)
Regardless, Shackleton’s assist for Kemar Roofe’s 40th-minute equaliser was all the evidence anyone needed this kid was going to do just fine.

The Thorp Arch academy product has gone to make 22 appearances in all competitions and win admirers across the club’s fan base around the world.

“It’s not what I expected when I came back for pre-season. I came in and trained with them and, to be honest, didn’t expect to be as involved as I have been,” he said after winning the Premier League Professional Development League with the under-23s on Monday.

Leeds United under-23s player ratings with Kamil Miazek the hero in penalty shoot-out win 

“I’ve really enjoyed this season and when I’ve been given the opportunities I’ve given everything I’ve got.”

Giving everything is one of the qualities which has not gone unnoticed among a core of supporters who merit nothing higher than putting a shift in.

“That’s a minimum, really. You need to have talent as well, but if you go out there and you work hard and everyone can see that then you can’t really complain,” said Shackleton.

Marcelo Bielsa gives instructions to substitute Jamie Shackleton. Championship - Leeds United v Derby County - Friday 11th January 2019 - Elland Road(Image: Alex Dodd/CameraSport)
Shackleton has been included in the vast majority of Bielsa’s matchday squads this season, the clear stand-out selection to make the leap from under-23s to senior football.

He has also been subjected to one of the transformations Bielsa has a habit of making with players and their positions.

Traditionally a central midfielder, Shackleton was thrust into right-back on that night in Swansea and rarely been played elsewhere by the head coach.

His is a name regularly touted by fans as a man they want to see more of, especially when results are suffering, but which position does he prefer?

Carlos Corberan lifts the lid on how Marcelo Bielsa revolutionised Leeds United's under-23 champions 

“I’ve been asked this a lot. It depends on the game, I do enjoy both. If you had asked me before this season: centre-mid all day long,” he said.

“I have enjoyed getting to know the position at right-back this year and that’s where I’ve played the majority of the time, so I enjoy both, I can’t pick for you.”

Carlos Corberan has been able to call upon Shackleton throughout the season for the under-23s, normally when his minutes have been limited with the first team.

Jamie Shackleton and Robbie Gotts have been under-23 team-mates all season(Image: Alex Dodd/CameraSport)
It’s a role the teen has enjoyed, playing alongside team-mates he has called friends since the age of six.

Monday’s championship win proved the icing on the cake.

“I’ve played with some of them boys since we were six, seven-years-old, so to go and win the 23s, basically the step before the first team, the national title, it’s a great feeling,” he said.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Jon R

« Svar #23 på: Mai 08, 2019, 00:00:38 »
Jamie Shackleton opens up on Leeds United, Marcelo Bielsa, giving everything and playing right-back - Leeds Live

‘Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard’ and doesn’t Leeds United’s Jamie Shackleton know it.

The quote, from the lesser known Tim Notke, can probably be found plastered on the wall of your local gym or boxing club and is well used in professional sport to get bone idle talent off their backsides.

One professional sportsman lacking in neither department is the 19-year-old pocket rocket who has been taken into Elland Road hearts this season.

Shackleton impressed in pre-season and head coach Marcelo Bielsa saw what he loved in spades: work rate.

Now 19, Shackleton made his senior debut at 18 when the Whites were cruising at Derby County in August before a full league debut 10 days later at Swansea City.

Good luck with finding a deeper end to be chucked into than a Championship starting berth after the captain’s pulled up lame in the warm-up 15 minutes before kick-off.

Indeed, Shackleton was thrust into the limelight so late the media were left scratching their heads as to why Liam Cooper did not lead the team out of Liberty Stadium’s tunnel.

Jamie Shackleton blocks Martin Olsson's cross. Championship - Swansea City v Leeds United - Tuesday 21st August 2018 - Liberty Stadium(Image: Kevin Barnes/CameraSport)
Regardless, Shackleton’s assist for Kemar Roofe’s 40th-minute equaliser was all the evidence anyone needed this kid was going to do just fine.

The Thorp Arch academy product has gone to make 22 appearances in all competitions and win admirers across the club’s fan base around the world.

“It’s not what I expected when I came back for pre-season. I came in and trained with them and, to be honest, didn’t expect to be as involved as I have been,” he said after winning the Premier League Professional Development League with the under-23s on Monday.

Leeds United under-23s player ratings with Kamil Miazek the hero in penalty shoot-out win 

“I’ve really enjoyed this season and when I’ve been given the opportunities I’ve given everything I’ve got.”

Giving everything is one of the qualities which has not gone unnoticed among a core of supporters who merit nothing higher than putting a shift in.

“That’s a minimum, really. You need to have talent as well, but if you go out there and you work hard and everyone can see that then you can’t really complain,” said Shackleton.

Marcelo Bielsa gives instructions to substitute Jamie Shackleton. Championship - Leeds United v Derby County - Friday 11th January 2019 - Elland Road(Image: Alex Dodd/CameraSport)
Shackleton has been included in the vast majority of Bielsa’s matchday squads this season, the clear stand-out selection to make the leap from under-23s to senior football.

He has also been subjected to one of the transformations Bielsa has a habit of making with players and their positions.

Traditionally a central midfielder, Shackleton was thrust into right-back on that night in Swansea and rarely been played elsewhere by the head coach.

His is a name regularly touted by fans as a man they want to see more of, especially when results are suffering, but which position does he prefer?

Carlos Corberan lifts the lid on how Marcelo Bielsa revolutionised Leeds United's under-23 champions 

“I’ve been asked this a lot. It depends on the game, I do enjoy both. If you had asked me before this season: centre-mid all day long,” he said.

“I have enjoyed getting to know the position at right-back this year and that’s where I’ve played the majority of the time, so I enjoy both, I can’t pick for you.”

Carlos Corberan has been able to call upon Shackleton throughout the season for the under-23s, normally when his minutes have been limited with the first team.

Jamie Shackleton and Robbie Gotts have been under-23 team-mates all season(Image: Alex Dodd/CameraSport)
It’s a role the teen has enjoyed, playing alongside team-mates he has called friends since the age of six.

“I’ve played with some of them boys since we were six, seven-years-old, so to go and win the 23s, basically the step before the first team, the national title, it’s a great feeling,” he said.
Ufattelig at ikke Bielsa har brukt han mer. Hurtig, gjennombruddshissig, god med ballen i beina,  har vært god stort sett hver gang han har spilt på a-laget. Kort og godt nøyaktig hva laget hadde trengt denne våren.
Jon R.

Leedsfan

« Svar #24 på: Mai 08, 2019, 00:04:24 »

Ufattelig at ikke Bielsa har brukt han mer. Hurtig, gjennombruddshissig, god med ballen i beina,  har vært god stort sett hver gang han har spilt på a-laget. Kort og godt nøyaktig hva laget hadde trengt denne våren.

Hvem skulle han spilt for?

Jeg hadde heller brukt han enn Harrison, men han er vel en indreløper type?
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Jon R

« Svar #25 på: Mai 08, 2019, 00:15:46 »

Han kunne vært en gamechanger fra benken. Ving (helst høyre) indreløper, nr 10, box til box, hva som helst egentlig så lenge han kan få ballen på deres halvdel og løpe rett på mål. Ville valgt han foran Clarke og Harrison hvilken dag som helst.
Jon R.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #26 på: Mai 08, 2019, 21:31:01 »
The YEP also have an article about Jamie Shackleton, who we dealt with here yesterday as well:
A short conversation with any of those who work within the walls at Thorp Arch and they'll tell you that you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who works harder than Shackleton, either at senior level or below. It's clear that he just gets it.
"I think that's a minimum really, it's a given," he said of his high workrate. "Obviously you need to have talent but if you go out there and you work hard and everyone can see that then they can't really complain."

Slik oppsummerte Daniel Chapman den nyeste artikkelen om Shakleton i YEP.

Good reading! Anbefales.

The emergence of Leeds United's Jamie Shackleton - Marcelo Bielsa, Carlos Corberan, Thorp Arch and calls to be freed

“There's a little boy, a midfield player called Jamie Shackleton. I think he's got a great chance," stated former Leeds United head coach and academy manager Neil Redfearn.

It's been a little over three years since those words were uttered, with Shackleton aged just 16 and about to be included on United's pre-season tour by then boss Garry Monk.

For those at Thorp Arch, the midfielder turned right-back’s stock has risen ever since.

"I think he's a good footballer," Redfearn continued. "He's got great feet. He's not the biggest but he's very tenacious. He reads the game well.”

Shackleton joined Leeds as a boy and despite his fresh-faced look has already displayed traits of men well beyond his years, even revealing an interest in taking his coaching badges ready for retirement despite his career being in its infancy.

“Jamie has a maturity which does not correspond to his age," Marcelo Bielsa said in December. "He plays like a veteran but he’s only 19."

Age, after all, is just a number. Actions speak louder than words. And it took Bielsa just a matter of weeks to thrust him into his pre-season plans in haste following his arrival in West Yorkshire last June.

A new position was required as the Argentinian saw traits in the youngster which he believed were more suited away from his natural position in midfield.

“I've been asked this a lot,” Shackleton grinned over questions about what his favoured position was, although it was hard to tell whether the ear-to-ear smile was due to him having minutes earlier helped United seal the Professional Development League national title.

"If you'd asked me before the season then I'd have said midfield all day long. But I've enjoyed getting to know the position at right-back this year and that's where I've played the majority of the time.
"I've never played there before so to learn it at this age is really quite late."

It is a tip of the hat to Shackleton that a position he was barely familiar with last summer has given him his main opportunities in the Championship.

His full league debut came in quick fashion last August as he stepped in to cover for the injured Liam Cooper at Swansea City while an injury to first choice full-back Luke Ayling presented another opportunity in November.

The Liberty Stadium, though, was where he really introduced himself to the Whites faithful as he bagged
an assist with a driving run into the box, setting up Kemar Roofe's equaliser in a 2-2 draw.

Leeds had already felt compelled to hand Shackleton a new three-year deal just a week earlier following his cameo in a 4-1 demolition of Saturday's play-off opponents Derby County.

“He can attack by surprise, he defends well and when he moves he has explosive movements," Bielsa said.
And it's not just his head coach who has noticed.

United fans have been impressed by his no-fear attitude, raw pace, high workrate and explosive play, so much so that the #FreeShackleton hashtag has been in use across social media this season as a call for him to see more on-field minutes.

The season, though, has been a whirlwind for him as much as everyone else with three league starts and 16 substitute appearances to his name. Not to mention the two assists in his 439 minutes of Championship action.

"It's not what I expected when I came back for pre-season," he reflected. "I came in and trained with them and to be honest I didn't expect to be as involved as I have been.

"I've really enjoyed this season and when I've been given opportunities I've given everything I've got."

Shackleton is another in the long list of the Thorp Arch success stories. Fellow development graduate Jack Clarke claimed the club's player-of-the-year award for his noticeable impact from the bench this season but there is as much hype around the winger as Shackleton.

On Monday the pair lined-up with long time team-mates Robbie Gotts and Alfie McCalmont as the Under-23s capped off a fine season with PDL glory in front of a near-8,000 crowd at Elland Road.

"I've played with some of those boys since we were six and seven years old," Shackleton said. "I think for academy lads all over the country this is the best place to be.

"If you're good enough you're given a chance in the first team. If you keep your head down and keep working hard everyday in training then it's going to come.
"You've got to really believe that."

It's clear that he does. And it has shown in his and the development team's play this season that there's an obvious link to the senior ranks.

"We're playing some unbelievable football which mirrors the first team," he said.

"Carlos (Corberan) works with both so he can bring ideas from that and work with us. When we go out there and play it's similar to the first team and it's good to watch. He's been key to that."

A pathway is in evidence from the Under-23s into the senior set-up, and not for the first time.
Corberan whenever asked reiterates one thing he always looks for in his young charges as he nurtures their development: mentality.

A short conversation with any of those who work within the walls at Thorp Arch and they'll tell you that you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who works harder than Shackleton, either at senior level or below. It's clear that he just gets it.

"I think that's a minimum really, it's a given," he said of his high workrate.

"Obviously you need to have talent but if you go out there and you work hard and everyone can see that then they can't really complain."

A wise head on young shoulders. And surely, if his rise continues on the path that it has undertaken over the past 12 months, it won't be long until he is freed.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-latest/the-emergence-of-leeds-united-s-jamie-shackleton-marcelo-bielsa-carlos-corberan-thorp-arch-and-calls-to-be-freed-1-9755766/amp?__twitter_impression=true
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Jon R

« Svar #27 på: Mai 12, 2019, 13:29:41 »

Han kunne vært en gamechanger fra benken. Ving (helst høyre) indreløper, nr 10, box til box, hva som helst egentlig så lenge han kan få ballen på deres halvdel og løpe rett på mål. Ville valgt han foran Clarke og Harrison hvilken dag som helst.
Det jeg skrev. Shackleton er spillertypen vi etterspurte i januar og som Bielsa aldri brukte!
Jon R.

ragnar

« Svar #28 på: Mai 12, 2019, 14:14:37 »
Ikke for seint å la shack få spille mer i neste kamp!
*In El Loco we trust!*

leedslife

« Svar #29 på: Mai 12, 2019, 14:26:57 »
Usikker på hvordan han er som ving. Har han noengang spilt der?
Han var jo veldig god på høyreback da ayling og Dallas var ute. Men er jo ikke store karen. Ayling gir oss mer pondus.
8er må være kanskje beste pos? Vanvittig frekvens når han finner rom. Finnes jo ikke værre enn å møte sånne. God med ball også. Kommer ofte med Stein i skoen slike spillere.

Husker cook og skapte ubalanse hos motstanderen da han akselererte avgårde.