Skrevet av Emne: Ex-spiller: Tony Dorigo  (Lest 1532 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Ex-spiller: Tony Dorigo
« på: November 06, 2018, 20:52:44 »
Tribute to Tony Dorigo - Australia's forgotten champion

Tribute to Tony Dorigo - Australia's forgotten champion
Posted Last Year
Lurker mentioned in another thread of Tony Dorigo being up there with vbomber, Kewell etc as our greatest talent and its a good point. Reading about him his career was unreal.

- league winner with leeds in 92
- Leeds' player of season that yr
- Premier league team of the season 92-93 alongside Keane, giggs, schemichel and shearer.
- over 400 top flight games
-  Only15 england caps but was in the squad for years being understudy to Stuart Pearce
- euro 88, Italia 90 and euro 92 squads
- Player of the yr for Aston villa, Chelsea, leeds and torino - the first 4 clubs he played for!
What a career! 

He was called up apparently by socceroos but his coach at Aston villa at the time denied him travelling so he played for england despite having zero ties to them.

Currently works as a commentator for ESPN - why have we never tried to bring him back into the game here whether? Would be a huge asset

Here's a compilation of him - looks like a hybrid of kewell, lazarides and Smith.
https://www.youtube.com./watch... (funker ikke)

Interview about his background - his accent is still very much aussie

https://youtu.be/u27ioZvGe4s

« Siste redigering: November 06, 2018, 20:56:36 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

Sv: Ex-spiller: Tony Dorigo
« Svar #1 på: November 06, 2018, 20:52:59 »
How Leeds United legend's new girlfriend stepped in to stop violence of former lover

Tony Gardner
Published: 19:07 Tuesday 06 November 2018
Claire Joss described how she got in between new lover Mr Dorigo and her former partner in a bid to break up the violence.

Ms Joss said she had met up the her new boyfriend shortly before the incident and had gone into The White Company to return something.

Tony Dorigo and new girlfriend Claire Joss outside Leeds Magistrates' Court, where Gareth Senior was fined for attacking the former Leeds United footballer in a White Company store.
She said: "I was at the till returning an item.

"Tony was looking at some towels. While I was at the till I heard some shouting, some swearing and when I turned around to my right I saw Gareth."

Read more: Leeds United legend Tony Dorigo headbutted by love-rival NHS boss in swanky Victoria Gate store

Prosecutor Gareth Hendersn-Moore asked: "What was Gareth doing?"

Gareth Senior was fined for attacking former Leeds United footballer Tony Dorigo in a White Company store.

She replied: "He walked behind me.

"He was heading in to the corner where Tony was, shouting and swearing. He was clearly very angry.

"I went to the till and ran to where they both were and I got in the middle of Tony and Gareth.

"I had my back to Tony as I was looking at Gareth.

Tony Dorigo during his playing days for Leeds United and outside Leeds Magistrates' Court, where Gareth Senior was fined for attacking him in a White Company store.

"Gareth was shouting over the top of me. Words to the effect he was going to kill Tony

"Something along the lines of 'I knew you were after her'.

"I can't remember what he was saying but words to that effect."

The prosecutor asked: "How did the incident end?"

Read more: How a chance meeting led passionate Leeds United fan to lose his girlfriend to 'hero' Tony Dorigo

Ms Joss replied: "I was in between them. I tried to usher Gareth out of the shop. I pushed him to the top of the stairs.

"He was still shouting over the top of me."

Ms Joss continued: "We were stood outside of the main doors. At that point he said it wasn't over and he was going to break his legs.

"He was clearly angry and saying other things I can't recall but it got the attention of the security staff."

During cross-examination, Mr Field asked: "You clouted Mr Senior at the top of the stairs didn't you?"

She replied: "I did yes."

The solicitor then asked: "Whatever took place in the corner of the store between Mr Senior and Mr Dorigo, you were still speaking to the shop assistant and it happened so quickly you did not see what happened?"

Ms Joss replied: "Correct".

::)

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/how-leeds-united-legend-s-new-girlfriend-stepped-in-to-stop-violence-of-former-lover-1-9431404/amp?__twitter_impression=true
« Siste redigering: November 06, 2018, 20:58:24 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #3 på: Desember 14, 2018, 12:52:21 »
Tony Dorigo

Many thanks to @NHSuk and the Doctors and Nurses of the Leeds General Infirmary. Now back home after a routine heart operation, you were all brilliant! Thank you!

:)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #4 på: Desember 14, 2018, 12:55:34 »
En av de beste venstrebackene Leeds noen gang har hatt.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020