Skrevet av Emne: LEGENDE: Paul Madeley  (Lest 5022 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

RoarG

Sv: LEGENDE: Paul Madeley
« Svar #30 på: Juli 25, 2018, 14:23:17 »
R.I.P., Paul Madeley.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #31 på: Juli 26, 2018, 04:06:10 »
Utrolig nok

Squad number page

On the off-chance you missed it, a bump for the long piece on Paul Madeley's career wearing all ten outfield numbers for #lufc squadnumbers.com/2018/07/24/a-t…

Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

« Svar #32 på: August 04, 2018, 18:08:44 »
HONOURING PAUL MADELEY

Leeds United are pleased to reveal a number of tributes will be made to club legend Paul Madeley who passed away on July 23rd, ahead of Sunday’s Sky Bet Championship fixture with Stoke City.

A one club man, Paul made over 700 appearances for the Whites, helping the Leeds win a host of honours including two league titles, two Intercities-Fairs Cups, the FA Cup and League Cup.

Ahead of kick-off, once the players enter the field, there will be a minute’s applause to celebrate Paul’s life, which supporters are invited to join.

Supporters group SS5 have raised money to buy a mosaic, which will be revealed in the South Stand to honour Paul.

The Leeds United matchday programme is a limited edition dedicated to Paul, celebrating his life.  Paul features on the cover of the programme, there are highlights from his Leeds career and it is packed with tributes throughout.

Johnny Giles, Gordon McQueen, Peter Lorimer, Mick Jones, Eddie Gray, Norman Hunter, Allan Clarke, Paul Reaney of the great Revie team will all be attending Sunday’s game to pay tribute to Paul, alongside the Madeley family.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #33 på: August 05, 2018, 13:23:55 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #34 på: November 14, 2018, 19:23:44 »
Draktnumrene sa mye om hvor man startet kampene i Paul Madeleys spillerkarriere.

Vi spilte stort sett 4-4-2, backene startet med 2 og 3 på ryggen, midtstopperne med 5 og 6, midtbanespillerne med 4, 7, 10 og 11, og spissene som 8 og 9.
Man hadde bare en mann på benken.

Ut fra drakten Madeley startet med kan man lese følgende:

Right back: -     75 games, 4 goals
Left back     -    66 games, 4 goals
Center back-   294 games, 8 goals
Midfielder -     197 games, 10 goals
Striker -           80 games 8 goals
Substitute -      13 games

Han scoret oftere fra venstrevingen og med 5 på ryggen, 7 med begge draktnummer. Som spiss 'bare' 4 i hvert av draktnumrene.

Imponerende statistikk uansett!
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #35 på: November 14, 2018, 19:26:47 »
...ikke baaare 4-4-2 though:

Apart from the periods where he covered for both Paul Reaney at RB and (to a lesser extent) Terry Cooper at LB with their broken legs, he played more games in what we would now call a DM position than anywhere else, freeing Billy Bremner & Johnny Giles to focus on attack.

(He played fewer games at LB covering Cooper because Trevor Cherry slotted in there)

Yes, he was frequently the deep lying midfielder in a 3 with Bremner & Giles, with Lorimer Jones & Clarke up front.

For those who never had the pleasure of seeing him, just watch any video from those times on YouTube and look how elegantly he runs, truly a Rolls Royce of a footballer.

(regner med at 'veteranen' ikke har noe å tilføye her  ;D  )
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan