Skrevet av Emne: Spiller: Pascal Struijk  (Lest 23556 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

auren

Spiller: Pascal Struijk
« på: Mars 15, 2019, 10:09:53 »
Da tar jeg utfordringen fra Asbjørn og oppretter en fortjent tråd. Den neste spilleren som debuterer for A-laget?

PASCAL STRUIJK – CENTRE BACK
Another teenage giant for Carlos Corberan’s side, Pascal Struijk stands just under 6’3″ (source: Transfermarkt) but at 19-years-old, he could well have a year or two left to grow.

The centre back was a January 2018 signing from Ajax, where he was playing regularly for their under-19 side, and has gone on to establish himself as a mainstay for the Whites’ reserves.

Considering the problems Bielsa has had at centre back of late – Aapo Halme called up to fill the gap left by Liam Cooper’s injury – the Belgian-born defender might well be next in line for a first team bow.

auren
« Siste redigering: August 11, 2020, 12:15:48 av auren »
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Sv: Ung spiller: Pascal Struijk
« Svar #1 på: Mars 15, 2019, 11:17:09 »
The centre back was a January signing from Ajax,

Det bør gjerne nevnes at vi her snakker januar 2018. :)
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

auren

« Svar #2 på: Mars 15, 2019, 11:45:30 »

Regner med at Promo kommer inn og fikser litt på førsteinnlegget mitt  ;)

auren

Promotion 2010

« Svar #3 på: Mars 16, 2019, 04:05:51 »

Regner med at Promo kommer inn og fikser litt på førsteinnlegget mitt  ;)

auren

Et bilde, kanskje!  ;D
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Jon R

« Svar #5 på: Mars 16, 2019, 09:39:40 »
Fra debuten for u-23.  :)
« Siste redigering: Mars 16, 2019, 09:41:17 av Jon R »
Jon R.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #6 på: Juli 11, 2019, 14:31:04 »
Ikkje veit eg...

Graham Wood
@Mushy_pease

Replying to @_Johnboy_ @TheSquareBall
People prounounce his name wrong. They say stroo-ik or something similar. It should be pronounced more like ‘strouwk’
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Gufrias

« Svar #7 på: Juli 11, 2019, 18:39:38 »
Ikkje veit eg...

Graham Wood
@Mushy_pease

Replying to @_Johnboy_ @TheSquareBall
People prounounce his name wrong. They say stroo-ik or something similar. It should be pronounced more like ‘strouwk’
Skal ikke påberope meg noe professorat i nederlandsk, men min erfaring er at -ui- og -uy- som regel uttales -au-.

Strauk, altså (vil jeg tro).
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

auren

« Svar #8 på: Juli 11, 2019, 18:43:18 »
Veldig spennende spiller. Men kanskje litt temposvak til å bli en kanonstopper?

auren

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #9 på: September 25, 2019, 10:24:08 »
Dette er noe annet enn Bielsa har vist i praksis denne pre season og forsesong, men man kan jo håpe...
han fikk i alle fall forlenget konrakt nå da (for the forseeable future, som hjemmesiden skrev det...

Revealed: Bielsa has big plans for never-before-seen Leeds colossus after major development

Date: 25th September 2019 at 7:00am    Written by: Football Insider
By Wayne Veysey

Leeds United rising star Pascal Struijk is earmarked to break into the first team this season after being handed a new contract by the club, Football Insider understands.

The Dutch centre-back, 20, was among a glut of youth-team players handed new deals yesterday as United looked to secure the futures of those they regard as capable of eventually making the senior side.

A Leeds source has told Football Insider that Struijk has made a huge impression on manager Marcelo Bielsa, who is ready to fast-track him into the team this season in the same way as he has with the likes of Jack Clarke and Jamie Shackleton.

Struijk, who was signed from Ajax in January 2018, and has made the bench on four occasions, including once in the new campaign, the 3-0 demolition of Stoke City.

The 6ft 3in defender is a regular for the Leeds under-23s side, with his five appearances at that level this season not only yielding four clean sheets but also two goals for him.

Struijk, who turned 20 last month, is regarded by Bielsa as a back-up to senior centre-backs Liam Cooper, Ben White and Gaetano Berardi.

He will turn to the Dutch youth international if the first choices are out due to injury or suspension, with the manager regarding the youngster’s potential as one of the reasons he did not sign another senior centre-back in the summer window.

Bielsa has handed first-team debuts to nine players from Leeds’ academy since taking over last season.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/revealed-bielsa-has-big-plans-for-never-before-seen-leeds-colossus-after-major-development/
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #10 på: Juli 20, 2020, 12:22:33 »
Joachim opprettet tråd om han for lenge siden, kan bli mer bruk for den fremover. :)

Kom over et twittertråd om uttalen av navnet hans (som jeg ikke finner igjen) :D men fasit ligger omtrent der vi var litt lenger nedi tråden her.

Pascal er forresten født i Belgia men har valgt U-landslagsfotball for Nederland.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #11 på: Juli 20, 2020, 12:49:02 »

Kom over et twittertråd om uttalen av navnet hans (som jeg ikke finner igjen) :D men fasit ligger omtrent der vi var litt lenger nedi tråden her.

Fant i alle fall en annen :)

https://twitter.com/TSSLUFC/status/1285162373586853888?s=20
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

GeirO

« Svar #12 på: Juli 20, 2020, 17:37:18 »
Pascal Strøuk, med andre ord.
MOT

Kato

« Svar #13 på: Juli 21, 2020, 08:58:07 »
Syns han ser bra ut

Stut og Fjærkre

« Svar #14 på: Juli 21, 2020, 10:26:28 »
Enig, mener han gjorde en god figur på søndag.
Tror dette kan bli en, på alle måter, massiv midtstopper.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #15 på: August 05, 2020, 00:32:22 »
Flott om Pascal fra Leeds-Live her...

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/pascal-struijk-leeds-united-transfers-18716272

Et par extracts:

A centre-back by trade, the Ajax youth product arrived at Thorp Arch in January 2018 and slotted into Carlos Corberan’s under-23 side.

Playing in the centre or at left-back, Struijk ticked along in the Premier League Professional Development League Group North while team-mates came and went.

Paudie O’Connor went into the first team and departed, Hugo Diaz went into the first team and departed, Aapo Halme went into the first team and departed.

Eventually, Struijk found himself as the senior member of the reserves, playing with Oliver Casey and Charlie Cresswell in defence, in the main.

Others were catching Bielsa’s eye and as Struijk hit his 20s, you began to think perhaps he would be next on the chopping block out of Thorp Arch.

Even Casey, one year his junior and with far less under-23 experience, got his senior debut before the Belgian-born defender.

Something changed during lockdown, however.

“To be honest, Pascal, since he came back from lockdown, has been brilliant,” Patrick Bamford told us after the Barnsley win.

“We were doing murderball sessions and he was on the opposite team, he was playing in that holding midfield role and, I’m not joking you, I was getting absolutely screamed at by the manager because he was just getting the ball every time and I couldn’t get anywhere near him.

“The back two and him were just passing it around me. I was losing my head because I was just chasing after him and he was literally controlling the whole session.

“The manager was shouting at me and I was thinking ‘I can’t get near him’. He has been good since he came back and, naturally, he’s been a centre-back.

“That’s the only position we’ve ever seen him in until we came back after lockdown and he’s done really well.

“He’s earned his chance and, to be honest, he did all right when he came on. He didn’t put a foot wrong.”

Struijk kicked on too. He played all 180 minutes in the subsequent wins over Derby County and Charlton Athletic, without any pressure on him, of course.

Struijk seems to have the full package as Phillips’s understudy. He has the height to win the high balls forward, the strength to boss tackles, the technical ability to get himself out of trouble and the vision to pick those defence-splitting passes forward.
« Siste redigering: August 05, 2020, 00:34:32 av Asbjørn »
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #16 på: August 11, 2020, 09:22:09 »
Ikke så ung lenger, Pascal

SUSAN SMITH 1
@SmithLeedsUtd

Happy 21st Birthday Pascal Struijk, have a great day Pascal, all best wishes to you Blue heartYellow heartBirthday cakeWrapped presentBalloonParty popper #MOT #LUFC #PascalStruijk #LeedsUnited #HappyBirthday #21st xx

Men i løpet av noen uker i juli ble han 'plutselig' en del av kjernetroppen i klubben.

Lykke til med ny sesong, Pascal!
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Sv: Spiller: Pascal Struijk
« Svar #17 på: Oktober 19, 2020, 10:48:49 »
Words of praise from Bill!

Må si eg blei (positivt) overrasket over en del av det Ayling hadde å si:

Struijk was also deployed as a holding midfielder at the back end of last season when Kalvin Phillips was injured and Ayling told BBC Radio Leeds: "I think he can play in both positions equally as good.

"He came in last season when Kavin got injured and did unbelievable and then got chucked in at the end of the season after not really training much at centre mid.

"But his range of passing with both feet is probably the best at the club, honestly.

"Both feet he can ping a ball 40/50 yards and it's pretty impressive to be honest.

"He can do that role that Kalvin has got or he is big enough and strong enough to play centre-half, that's no doubt.

"He will get better playing at centre-half the more he plays there as it's a position where the more games you play there the more manly you become and the quicker you think and that.

"He's probably fourth choice centre-half at a Premier League club and it's brilliant."

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/probably-best-club-luke-ayling-makes-startling-revelation-about-leeds-united-team-mate-pascal-struijk-3007246
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

auren

« Svar #18 på: Oktober 20, 2020, 00:25:56 »
En ny meget bra kamp av Pascal. Uheldig og sklir før 0-1, men lagkameratene hjelper ikke mye til i presset. Spennende å følge utviklingen her

auren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kato

« Svar #19 på: Oktober 20, 2020, 11:36:18 »
En ny meget bra kamp av Pascal. Uheldig og sklir før 0-1, men lagkameratene hjelper ikke mye til i presset. Spennende å følge utviklingen her

auren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Syns han var ok. Bra med beina. Men enda litt å gå på når det gjelder fysikk, men tøff motstander i Raul Jimenez.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #20 på: Oktober 21, 2020, 18:52:14 »
De fleste virker 'sold on Struijk' allerede, men her kommer flere argumenter...

Why Marcelo Bielsa could have perfect Kalvin Phillips replacement right under his nose
Leeds United suffered a double blow in Monday night’s 1-0 defeat to Wolves at Elland Road – but the solution to one of those could be right under their noses.
By Jason Jones Wednesday, 21st October 2020, 12:20 pm

Not only did Marcelo Bielsa’s men miss out on the opportunity to go third in the Premier League table, but they also look to be facing a lengthy period without midfield talisman Kalvin Phillips after he picked up a shoulder injury that could sideline him for up to six weeks.

It’s no secret that the England international is an integral component in Bielsa’s team. Occupying that signature deep-lying midfield role, he manages to combine plenty of defensive work with an impressive range of distribution. Replacing him is no easy task.

One player who we have seen utilised in that defensive midfield role fairly recently, however, is Pascal Struijk. The Dutchman – himself a slight injury doubt for the weekend – deputised for Phillips on a number of occasions during last season’s Championship run-in, and caught the eye with his dependable, measured displays.

Struijk's pass map against Charlton last season.
Initially thrown into the centre of the park during the tense 1-0 win over Barnsley, the 21-year-old completed 90 minutes in subsequent victories over Derby County and Charlton Athletic. What we saw in those performances was a young player with a natural defensive instinct and an eye for a pass – the exact same traits that make Phillips such an asset.

Over the course of last season, Struijk’s pass completion rate was 86.2%, as per Wyscout. As a point of comparison, Phillips’ success rate so far this term has been around the 85% mark.

But Struijk’s impressive figures aren’t necessarily inflated by short, simple passing for the sake of recycling possession. Against Charlton, for example, the youngster completed 48 of his 55 attempted passes. Of those 48 successful balls, eight were played from deep, into the final third, as illustrated by the graphic below.

The ability to break the lines with a sudden ball into the centre-forward or in behind the opposition’s back four is one of the most important and threatening aspects of Phillips’ game, and having a player with the talent to replicate that output waiting in the wings would be a real boost to Bielsa.

Struijk’s pass into Ian Poveda in the build-up to Jamie Shackleton’s goal against Charlton.
Perhaps the best example of Struijk’s passing range is the superb ball he lofted into Ian Poveda in the buildup to Jamie Shackleton’s goal against the Addicks. Assuming possession just outside his own penalty area, he pivots, gets his head up, and delivers a near-perfect ball into the right-hand channel. Charlton’s defence are forced to turn on their heels, and the sudden switch of emphasis combined with Poveda’s frightening pace make for a lethal pairing.

Just as importantly, however, Struijk’s defensive work in the heart of midfield is stellar.

That’s hardly a surprise given that he has risen through the ranks at Elland Road as a centre-half, but it’s still promising to see his natural combative streak translate so well into a more advanced role.

Struijk made seven interceptions against Charlton back in July, and while that tally has been matched or bettered by Phillips on three occasions already this season, it’s the spread and distribution of his interventions that really points to his potential as Bielsa’s go-to covering option.

Struijk has a good passing range.
If we compare the Dutchman’s interception map to his teammate’s heat map from last season, we can see that there are huge similarities. Both provide a solid shield in that crucial area just in front of the back four, and both cover ground extremely well at the base of midfield.

Of course, the biggest counter-argument here is that it’s much easier to pull out a top drawer performance against a side like Charlton than it is against the likes of Arsenal or Everton, but Struijk has already been thrown in at the deep-end this season and coped admirably.

The starlet may be relatively unproven, but that has never stopped his manager from trusting in youth before, and if Leeds are looking for a natural short-term replacement for Phillips that won’t force them into alterations in personnel or tactics elsewhere, Struijk is the most obvious candidate – provided he is fit.

For bilder og 'heat maps'

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/why-marcelo-bielsa-could-have-perfect-kalvin-phillips-replacement-right-under-his-nose-3010331
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Xern

« Svar #21 på: Oktober 23, 2020, 23:50:30 »
Litt hissig i dag - Passer han, som Shaughnessy gjorde - best som midtstopper tro?
Noen mennesker tror at fotball gjelder liv eller død. Jeg liker ikke den innstillingen. Det er atskillig mer alvorlig enn som så. - Bill Shankly

Kontakinte

« Svar #22 på: Oktober 23, 2020, 23:54:36 »
Litt hissig i dag - Passer han, som Shaughnessy gjorde - best som midtstopper tro?
Kommer til å bli knallgod.  Selv om jeg! Ikke likte bytte så var det igjen en riktig avgjørelse av Bielsa :)

auren

« Svar #23 på: Oktober 23, 2020, 23:59:10 »

La oss håpe han respondrerer like bra som Kalvin da han ble tatt ut på samme viset i Bielsas første sesong.

Korrekt avgjørelse av Bielsa. Glad han justerte i andre omgang, for byttet med Shack gjorde oss klart dårligere i første omgang.

auren

Russel_Doig

« Svar #24 på: Oktober 24, 2020, 01:00:02 »

La oss håpe han respondrerer like bra som Kalvin da han ble tatt ut på samme viset i Bielsas første sesong.

Korrekt avgjørelse av Bielsa. Glad han justerte i andre omgang, for byttet med Shack gjorde oss klart dårligere i første omgang.

auren

Tipper dette er siste gang vi ser godeste Pascal på banen. Dessverre ikkje god nok

lowfields

« Svar #25 på: Oktober 24, 2020, 01:06:39 »

auren

Tipper dette er siste gang vi ser godeste Pascal på banen. Dessverre ikkje god nok
:o Makan....
"Welcome to, arguably, the noisiest ground in England"

Blank_File

« Svar #26 på: Oktober 24, 2020, 02:02:09 »

auren

Typisk Bielsa det... Virker ikke som han har noe tillit til Strujik i det hele tatt basert på laguttakene denne sesongen.

Bjorn

« Svar #27 på: Oktober 24, 2020, 09:51:32 »

auren

Riiiight. Du har selvfølgelig lov til å mene det. Jeg mener absolutt ikke det er siste gang vi ser han på banen. Blir litt som å si det samme da Phillips ble byttet ut tidlig i første omgang for et par år siden. Husker ikke når. Han kom seg jo utpå igjen han.  ;)
Marching On! 4276

Gufrias

« Svar #28 på: Oktober 24, 2020, 10:06:09 »

auren

Helt uenig. Slik jeg ser det ble han ikke tatt av banen fordi han spilte dårlig, men fordi han kunne fått rødt om han hadde lagd ett frispark til. Og i den posisjonen må du ha råd til å lage frispark. Synes han klarte seg meget bra som vikar for Kalvin.
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #29 på: Oktober 24, 2020, 10:23:26 »
Om Pascal kommer på banen igjen?

Jeg kopierer inn denne fra Flynn i kamptråden - så ser dere nok hva Bielsa tenker om saken :)

Struijk 5: Uheldig mer enn udyktig, og ble heldigvis tatt av før skaden ble for stor. Tror allikevel han har mer å komme med, og vil nok passes godt på av Bielsa. Noen som hørte Bielsa rope til ham når han ble tatt av? Very good Pascal!
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan