Skrevet av Emne: Developement Squad, dvs Reservelaget....eller U-21  (Lest 634489 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 2 gjester leser dette emnet.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Sv: Developement Squad, dvs Reservelaget....eller U-21
« Svar #4440 på: Februar 19, 2024, 10:48:15 »
Allerede kl 13 :o

⚪️ 𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐃𝐀𝐘 ⚪️

🆚 Chelsea U21s
⏱ 12pm
🏆 #PL2
🏟 Thorp Arch
📺 Live on LUTV

#LUFCU21s | #LUFC

https://x.com/leedsutdacademy/status/1759487992849211810?s=20
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #4441 på: Februar 19, 2024, 12:23:37 »

⚪️ 𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐃𝐀𝐘 ⚪️

🆚 Chelsea U21s
⏱ 12pm
🏆 #PL2
🏟 Thorp Arch
📺 Live on LUTV

#LUFCU21s | #LUFC

Dette har vel etter hvert blitt en ganske tradisjonell oppstilling etter jul med alle utgangene vi har hatt:

Christy (GK) (C), Richards, Cresswell, Monteiro, Sutcliffe, Crew, Coleman, McFadden, Snowdon, Thomas, Perkins

𝐁𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐡: Grainger (GK), Cline, Moore, Debayo, Toulson
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #4442 på: Februar 19, 2024, 16:31:40 »

⚪️ 𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐃𝐀𝐘 ⚪️

🆚 Chelsea U21s
⏱ 12pm
🏆 #PL2
🏟 Thorp Arch
📺 Live on LUTV

#LUFCU21s | #LUFC

Dette har vel etter hvert blitt en ganske tradisjonell oppstilling etter jul med alle utgangene vi har hatt:

Christy (GK) (C), Richards, Cresswell, Monteiro, Sutcliffe, Crew, Coleman, McFadden, Snowdon, Thomas, Perkins

𝐁𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐡: Grainger (GK), Cline, Moore, Debayo, Toulson

2-0 tap...
https://www.leedsunited.com/news/academy/32960/u21s-updates-chelsea-h
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #4443 på: Mars 04, 2024, 19:20:04 »
Ny kamp mot Leicester i kveld kl 20. Denne gang U21-varianten, et lag under oss på tabellen og med flere kamper spilt.

Siden det er PL-kamp i kveld sendes nok ikke kampen påLUTV

HJEMMESIDEN SKRIVER FØLGENDE:
A professional display saw United run out 2-0 winners away at Luton, before Sonny Perkins’ last-gasp winner away at Bournemouth sealed a stunning comeback to book a place in the quarter-finals of the competition.

A return to league duties followed at Thorp Arch, with Gardner’s side falling to defeat in a closely contested tie with Chelsea.

The Whites sit 21st in the congested PL2 standings, two places above the Foxes and with games in hand as they look to kick on in the second half of the campaign.

United go into the game the much fresher of the two sides, with Leicester losing out to Crystal Palace in the Premier League Cup on Friday afternoon, despite goals from Amani Richards and Christopher Popov.

The hosts are without a win in seven in the Premier League 2 and the Whites will be keen to extend that run as they try and emulate the first team’s recent Sky Bet Championship victory over the Foxes.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #4444 på: Mars 04, 2024, 19:30:20 »
Leeds’ twitterkonto bekrefter at kampen ikkevises på LUTV. Og kommer med lagoppstillingen. Interessantnok er det Cresswells U18-midtstopperkollega som får sjansen for U21 ikveld. Han erialle fall langt mer fysisk rustet tiloppgaven enn Alfie Cresswell. 🙂

Van den Heuvel (GK), Cline, Lopata-White, Monteiro, Sutcliffe, Coleman (C), Chadwick, Chambers, Snowdon, Thomas, Perkins

𝐁𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐡: Christy (GK), Richards, Cresswell, Toulson, McDonald

#LUFCU21s | #PL2
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

auren

« Svar #4445 på: Mars 04, 2024, 21:38:19 »
2-0 til Leicester etter 70 min…

auren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

auren

« Svar #4446 på: Mars 04, 2024, 21:58:55 »
Slutt. 2-0.

auren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #4447 på: Mars 04, 2024, 22:30:11 »
Leeds er vel nr 24 av 26 nå. Mangelen på nedrykk gjør at de kjører et halvt U18-lag i dag. Og de klarte seg egentlig godt. Like før 0-2 utlignet de til 1-1 but for a offside flag, som det stod.

Det er i alle fall mange unge som får testet seg nå.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #4448 på: Mars 05, 2024, 12:18:14 »

👏 Congratulations to #LUFCU18s defender Reuben Lopata-White on making his Under-21s debut this evening
#LUFCU21s | #LUFC

👏 Congratulations to #LUFCU18s midfielder Josh McDonald on making his Under-21s debut this evening
#LUFCU21s | #LUFC

@leedsutdacademy
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #4449 på: Mars 07, 2024, 19:20:38 »
17-år gamle Charlie Crew spiller stort sett hver kamp for U21 for tiden. Like fullt har Leeds klart å la ham unngå for mange overskrifter. Men når han i landslagspausene drar til Wales for U21-spill slipper pressen inn på ham.
(Det skal sies at treneren hans på Wales U21 er var gamle unge lovende Matthew Jones, Tommy Knarviks gamle romkamerat).

Slik Finlay Gorman nå skifter fra Leeds til Manchester, skiftet Charlie Crew fra Cardiff til Leeds. Men han ventet til han ble 17 og kunne skrive en profesjonell kontrakt. Det kan ikke Finlay gjøre på to år ennå. Kanskje han finner ut at gresset likevel ikke var grønnere...

Anyways, Charlie Crew:

Leeds United prodigy at centre of Wales-England tug-of-war lifts lid on 'very hard' Cardiff City move now paying off
The central midfielder has captained Wales at age-group level and is thriving at Elland Road, having signed his first pro deal in the summer

By Glen WilliamsCardiff City correspondent 09:36, 15 NOV 2023UPDATED09:59, 15 NOV 2023

There is a ceaseless and precarious balancing act when it comes to shining the spotlight on exciting young footballers. But when someone like Charlie Crew comes along, it's difficult to ignore his obvious talents and sky-high potential.

Reared at Cardiff City, the central midfielder was snared by then-Premier League side Leeds United in the summer of 2022 and his stock has risen sharply since. Still only 17, the Welsh youngster has made his Wales under-21s debut and signed his first professional contract at Leeds in recent months, with sources at Thorp Arch raving about the kid's ability and promise.

When he speaks, it's with a surprising maturity which belies his 17 years. He has the authority and assuredness of a player who has been in the business for a decade, rather than someone who was still a scholar back in July, for which he credits moving away from the comforts of south Wales.

He was a player who excited many in this corner of the world, being a standout at age-grade levels during his upbringing at Cardiff. Insiders at the Bluebirds academy had high hopes for him to gatecrash the first team in years to come. But when Leeds came knocking it presented Crew, and his family, with a big call to make. Leaving Cardiff, by his own admission, was a tough decision at such a young age.

"Moving away from family, moving to a club where you don't know anyone, you have to mature pretty quickly, so I think it's definitely helped," he said of having to grow up quickly. "And it's helped me moving up age groups, it's helped me integrate a lot better and settle in more quickly than if I was still at home and in a comfortable place.

"It was a very hard decision. But it was one me and my family felt we had to have time to discuss and make a family decision on. We went back and forth, should we go or should we stay, in the end we just took the jump, took the risk and, in my opinion, it's paying off at the moment.

"I'm really comfortable at Leeds now. So that hasn't changed, with changing clubs, and I'm really enjoying my time up there."

The statistics are pretty bleak when it comes to young footballers making it in the professional game, but just how does it feel when a budding young player puts pen to paper on his first professional deal?

"It's an amazing achievement," he added. "It's what I've been working towards since I was seven or eight. I've always seen people on social media signing pro deals and you're always like, 'Will that ever be me?'

"So, the fact I could sign my first one with such a big club like Leeds United, that now means so much to me, is amazing."

Elland Road is now almost a satellite site for Wales. Senior players Joe Rodon, Ethan Ampadu and Daniel James all ply their trade at the Yorkshire club, with Crew hot on their heels. The youngster is drawing inspiration from his clubmates and what they've all achieved on the domestic and international stage so far.

"They are people I can look up to at both club and country," he said. "I know exactly who to watch because they are the people I want to be next to or in front of."

Crew now seems to be a permanent fixture in the Wales under-21s set-up, despite having chopped and changed between the age groups this year. And, for him, it shows he is tracking in the right direction. Matty Jones has done a wonderful job in charge of the under-21s and Crew believes he is one of the best he has worked under in his albeit fledgling career to date.

"Matty has showed great support in me, back from when we were in the Victory Shield. When we had Brazil coming over to Denbigh, he has always been in and around our squads, even when he hasn't been the manager," he said of the Wales under-21s boss.

"The fact he's shown support from the start of my Wales career gives me even more confidence when I come into camps like this.

"He is one of the best managers I've played under. He ticks every box, he gets involved with us off the pitch and on the pitch. When you are preparing for a game you need confidence from your manager and your coaching staff and he gives us a huge amount of confidence going into every game.

"Like you saw in the Czech Republic in the last window, it means as much to him as it does to us. You saw him running down the touchline, which was quite funny!"

Jones said in the last international window that England were "aggressively pursuing" Crew and were keen on him switching international allegiances. However, last week the Wales under-21s boss appeared to suggest that pursuit had ended after conversations with Crew and his family.

“I think it’s ended," Jones said of England's desire to get Crew to switch. “Through the conversations we’ve had with Charlie, we knew the action plan that we had with him, and he supported that in regard to him spending time with the under-19s, and he dominated with his performances.

“He knew he would always get rewarded with that because we’ve made a pathway for Charlie, and we believe in his abilities. Having that dialogue with him and his family has hopefully supported him to make the right decision."

Crew will have seen the likes of Joe Low and Charlie Savage, who got debuts against Gibraltar last month, and Rubin Colwill, all of whom are in the under-21s cohort, get capped in recent years and will see that as his goal. In his position at club level, the likes of Archie Gray, who is also 17, is a regular fixture in the Leeds midfield, yet more inspiration to spur him on.

And while Crew wouldn't be drawn specifically on England's plan to change his allegiance, he did say that he hopes to muscle his way into that Wales first team at some point in the coming years.

"It just shows there is a pathway with Wales and that's the biggest thing. That's what all of us are trying to achieve. You are now playing with boys who have done it, so it gives you real hope and something to strive for," he said.

"There is a pathway that's been shown to us from when we were under-16s and under-17s, in regional camps. So the fact [Jones] is trusting me to be in the under-21s squad is amazing.

"That's what everyone wants to do. I have to be patient. I still have time and I'm still developing as a player. I've still got so much to learn. I just have to be patient and, with all the hard work, listening to Matty, the coaches at Leeds, hopefully I will develop and move on to the first team at some point."

Crew will hope to be in action for Wales under-21s when they take on Iceland at Rodney Parade on Thursday before hosting Denmark at the same venue on Monday in their U21 Euro qualifiers.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leeds-united-prodigy-centre-wales-28106555
Under gårsdagens presser ble Farke spurt om hvem i akademiet som er nestemann til å ta steget opp (kommende sesong). Farke ville først ikke svare, for ikke å sette ekstra press på noen av de unge. Men han klarte likevel ikke å la være å komme med et hint om en spiller som akkurat nå var skadet.

Jeg lurte, men klarte ikke umiddelbart å ta hvem han siktet til.
Nå har vel YEP løst gåten, Charlie Crew er visst skadet for tiden og det var ikke så mange aktuelle å velge blant.
Like fullt makes it sense - han har blitt omtalt i denne tråden som en man blant trenerne har stor tro på. Som syttenåring har han spilt fast på U21, selv da Gyabi og Bate var her. Og han er altså jevnaldrende med Archie. Tidligere i sesongen møttes de i landskamp, på midtbanen for hver sin nasjon.
Snart kan de herje for Leeds, sammen på midten. 🤗

Selvfølgelig er han waliser, denne sesongen er jo ALT bra walisisk for oss 😅
YEP:
https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/mystery-leeds-united-youngster-daniel-farke-hinted-at-named-in-first-team-breakthrough-conversation-wales-crew-4546795

Taking into consideration Leeds U21s' most frequent line-up this season, Welsh youth international midfielder Charlie Crew was conspicuous by his absence from their defeat by Leicester City on Monday night, believed to have picked up an injury in training. While the knock is not thought to be too severe, Farke's decision to name one of the few players currently out of action narrowed the pool of potential youngsters he may have been referring to.

Crew has been a key part of Scott Gardner's Under-21 group and played under a number of coaches who have identified him as an important player in the middle of the park since his arrival from Cardiff City two summers ago. Still just 17 years of age, the versatile midfielder recently signed his first professional contract with Leeds and has already been capped at Under-21 level for Wales, skippering younger age groups including the Under-17s with whom he led to the European Championships last summer - a tournament debut for the nation.

Crew has also featured for Leeds' Under-18 side throughout 2023/24 and could help the team reach the FA Youth Cup Final for the first time since 1998 this season, if they defeat Millwall in the semi-final later this month.

PS! Eg har bladd gjennom denne tråden og det er ikke lite Charlie Crew-stoff i løpet av denne sesongen.
I september dukket denne tweeten opp: 😱

👏 #LUFCU21s midfielder Charlie Crew (17 years & 81 days) has been training with the Welsh senior team this afternoon  #LUFCYouth | #LUFC

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

GeirO

« Svar #4450 på: Mars 08, 2024, 22:17:24 »
Ser ut som om vi tapte hjemme mot Norwich 0-2 i dag....nå ligger vi dårlig an, selv om det ikke er nedrykk.
MOT

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #4451 på: Mars 08, 2024, 23:53:29 »
Ser ut som om vi tapte hjemme mot Norwich 0-2 i dag....nå ligger vi dårlig an, selv om det ikke er nedrykk.

Jepps. Her ser det ut som vi virkelig utnytter at det ikke er nedrykk - her skal en ny bunch 18-åringer kjøres inn på nivået.

Startoppstillingen:
Van den Heuvel, Cline, Sutcliffe, Coleman (C), Monteiro, Lopata-White, Snowdon, Chambers, Thomas, McFadden, Cotcher.
Subs: Christy (GK), Cresswell, Richards, Chadwick, Toulson.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #4452 på: Mars 12, 2024, 22:09:47 »
🤕 #LUFCU18s attacker Marley Wilson has suffered a back injury and will be sidelined for a number of months

Speedy recovery, @marley_wilson05! 🤍

#LUFCYouth | #LUFC

Synd. Han har spilt en del for U21 også siste månedene.
Når eg så U18 i november var han nettopp tilbake fra langtidsskade 🫢

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #4453 på: Mars 14, 2024, 10:26:47 »
17-år gamle Charlie Crew spiller stort sett hver kamp for U21 for tiden. Like fullt har Leeds klart å la ham unngå for mange overskrifter. Men når han i landslagspausene drar til Wales for U21-spill slipper pressen inn på ham.
(Det skal sies at treneren hans på Wales U21 er var gamle unge lovende Matthew Jones, Tommy Knarviks gamle romkamerat).

Slik Finlay Gorman nå skifter fra Leeds til Manchester, skiftet Charlie Crew fra Cardiff til Leeds. Men han ventet til han ble 17 og kunne skrive en profesjonell kontrakt. Det kan ikke Finlay gjøre på to år ennå. Kanskje han finner ut at gresset likevel ikke var grønnere...

Anyways, Charlie Crew:

Leeds United prodigy at centre of Wales-England tug-of-war lifts lid on 'very hard' Cardiff City move now paying off
The central midfielder has captained Wales at age-group level and is thriving at Elland Road, having signed his first pro deal in the summer

By Glen WilliamsCardiff City correspondent 09:36, 15 NOV 2023UPDATED09:59, 15 NOV 2023

There is a ceaseless and precarious balancing act when it comes to shining the spotlight on exciting young footballers. But when someone like Charlie Crew comes along, it's difficult to ignore his obvious talents and sky-high potential.

Reared at Cardiff City, the central midfielder was snared by then-Premier League side Leeds United in the summer of 2022 and his stock has risen sharply since. Still only 17, the Welsh youngster has made his Wales under-21s debut and signed his first professional contract at Leeds in recent months, with sources at Thorp Arch raving about the kid's ability and promise.

When he speaks, it's with a surprising maturity which belies his 17 years. He has the authority and assuredness of a player who has been in the business for a decade, rather than someone who was still a scholar back in July, for which he credits moving away from the comforts of south Wales.

He was a player who excited many in this corner of the world, being a standout at age-grade levels during his upbringing at Cardiff. Insiders at the Bluebirds academy had high hopes for him to gatecrash the first team in years to come. But when Leeds came knocking it presented Crew, and his family, with a big call to make. Leaving Cardiff, by his own admission, was a tough decision at such a young age.

"Moving away from family, moving to a club where you don't know anyone, you have to mature pretty quickly, so I think it's definitely helped," he said of having to grow up quickly. "And it's helped me moving up age groups, it's helped me integrate a lot better and settle in more quickly than if I was still at home and in a comfortable place.

"It was a very hard decision. But it was one me and my family felt we had to have time to discuss and make a family decision on. We went back and forth, should we go or should we stay, in the end we just took the jump, took the risk and, in my opinion, it's paying off at the moment.

"I'm really comfortable at Leeds now. So that hasn't changed, with changing clubs, and I'm really enjoying my time up there."

The statistics are pretty bleak when it comes to young footballers making it in the professional game, but just how does it feel when a budding young player puts pen to paper on his first professional deal?

"It's an amazing achievement," he added. "It's what I've been working towards since I was seven or eight. I've always seen people on social media signing pro deals and you're always like, 'Will that ever be me?'

"So, the fact I could sign my first one with such a big club like Leeds United, that now means so much to me, is amazing."

Elland Road is now almost a satellite site for Wales. Senior players Joe Rodon, Ethan Ampadu and Daniel James all ply their trade at the Yorkshire club, with Crew hot on their heels. The youngster is drawing inspiration from his clubmates and what they've all achieved on the domestic and international stage so far.

"They are people I can look up to at both club and country," he said. "I know exactly who to watch because they are the people I want to be next to or in front of."

Crew now seems to be a permanent fixture in the Wales under-21s set-up, despite having chopped and changed between the age groups this year. And, for him, it shows he is tracking in the right direction. Matty Jones has done a wonderful job in charge of the under-21s and Crew believes he is one of the best he has worked under in his albeit fledgling career to date.

"Matty has showed great support in me, back from when we were in the Victory Shield. When we had Brazil coming over to Denbigh, he has always been in and around our squads, even when he hasn't been the manager," he said of the Wales under-21s boss.

"The fact he's shown support from the start of my Wales career gives me even more confidence when I come into camps like this.

"He is one of the best managers I've played under. He ticks every box, he gets involved with us off the pitch and on the pitch. When you are preparing for a game you need confidence from your manager and your coaching staff and he gives us a huge amount of confidence going into every game.

"Like you saw in the Czech Republic in the last window, it means as much to him as it does to us. You saw him running down the touchline, which was quite funny!"

Jones said in the last international window that England were "aggressively pursuing" Crew and were keen on him switching international allegiances. However, last week the Wales under-21s boss appeared to suggest that pursuit had ended after conversations with Crew and his family.

“I think it’s ended," Jones said of England's desire to get Crew to switch. “Through the conversations we’ve had with Charlie, we knew the action plan that we had with him, and he supported that in regard to him spending time with the under-19s, and he dominated with his performances.

“He knew he would always get rewarded with that because we’ve made a pathway for Charlie, and we believe in his abilities. Having that dialogue with him and his family has hopefully supported him to make the right decision."

Crew will have seen the likes of Joe Low and Charlie Savage, who got debuts against Gibraltar last month, and Rubin Colwill, all of whom are in the under-21s cohort, get capped in recent years and will see that as his goal. In his position at club level, the likes of Archie Gray, who is also 17, is a regular fixture in the Leeds midfield, yet more inspiration to spur him on.

And while Crew wouldn't be drawn specifically on England's plan to change his allegiance, he did say that he hopes to muscle his way into that Wales first team at some point in the coming years.

"It just shows there is a pathway with Wales and that's the biggest thing. That's what all of us are trying to achieve. You are now playing with boys who have done it, so it gives you real hope and something to strive for," he said.

"There is a pathway that's been shown to us from when we were under-16s and under-17s, in regional camps. So the fact [Jones] is trusting me to be in the under-21s squad is amazing.

"That's what everyone wants to do. I have to be patient. I still have time and I'm still developing as a player. I've still got so much to learn. I just have to be patient and, with all the hard work, listening to Matty, the coaches at Leeds, hopefully I will develop and move on to the first team at some point."

Crew will hope to be in action for Wales under-21s when they take on Iceland at Rodney Parade on Thursday before hosting Denmark at the same venue on Monday in their U21 Euro qualifiers.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leeds-united-prodigy-centre-wales-28106555
Under gårsdagens presser ble Farke spurt om hvem i akademiet som er nestemann til å ta steget opp (kommende sesong). Farke ville først ikke svare, for ikke å sette ekstra press på noen av de unge. Men han klarte likevel ikke å la være å komme med et hint om en spiller som akkurat nå var skadet.

Jeg lurte, men klarte ikke umiddelbart å ta hvem han siktet til.
Nå har vel YEP løst gåten, Charlie Crew er visst skadet for tiden og det var ikke så mange aktuelle å velge blant.
Like fullt makes it sense - han har blitt omtalt i denne tråden som en man blant trenerne har stor tro på. Som syttenåring har han spilt fast på U21, selv da Gyabi og Bate var her. Og han er altså jevnaldrende med Archie. Tidligere i sesongen møttes de i landskamp, på midtbanen for hver sin nasjon.
Snart kan de herje for Leeds, sammen på midten. 🤗

Selvfølgelig er han waliser, denne sesongen er jo ALT bra walisisk for oss 😅
YEP:
https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/mystery-leeds-united-youngster-daniel-farke-hinted-at-named-in-first-team-breakthrough-conversation-wales-crew-4546795

Taking into consideration Leeds U21s' most frequent line-up this season, Welsh youth international midfielder Charlie Crew was conspicuous by his absence from their defeat by Leicester City on Monday night, believed to have picked up an injury in training. While the knock is not thought to be too severe, Farke's decision to name one of the few players currently out of action narrowed the pool of potential youngsters he may have been referring to.

Crew has been a key part of Scott Gardner's Under-21 group and played under a number of coaches who have identified him as an important player in the middle of the park since his arrival from Cardiff City two summers ago. Still just 17 years of age, the versatile midfielder recently signed his first professional contract with Leeds and has already been capped at Under-21 level for Wales, skippering younger age groups including the Under-17s with whom he led to the European Championships last summer - a tournament debut for the nation.

Crew has also featured for Leeds' Under-18 side throughout 2023/24 and could help the team reach the FA Youth Cup Final for the first time since 1998 this season, if they defeat Millwall in the semi-final later this month.

PS! Eg har bladd gjennom denne tråden og det er ikke lite Charlie Crew-stoff i løpet av denne sesongen.
I september dukket denne tweeten opp: 😱

👏 #LUFCU21s midfielder Charlie Crew (17 years & 81 days) has been training with the Welsh senior team this afternoon  #LUFCYouth | #LUFC

Begynner sikkert å bli tids for en egen tråd om Charlie Crew nå. :)

Teenage Leeds United midfielder on brink of first-team role set for international fast-track

Leeds United youngster Charlie Crew is expected to be named in Matty Jones’ latest Wales Under-21 squad ahead of the international break this month.

The 17-year-old Leeds midfielder has overcome a slight injury to be included in ex-United man Jones’ squad for the country’s fixture against Lithuania in UEFA EURO Under-21 qualifying. Wales are joint-top of their qualification group having taken eight points from five matches so far, while Lithuania sit bottom of the standings in Group I, yet to record a win during this qualification cycle. Crew has three Under-21 caps to his name, earning a debut at the level just beneath senior international football at the beginning of this season shortly after his 17th birthday. It has been suggested the teenager was the unnamed Leeds youngster referenced by Daniel Farke in a recent press conference whereupon the first-team boss intimated he had been impressed by one youngster in particular. The YEP also understands Crew had been scheduled to participate in first-team training recently before a minor injury ruled him out. However, he is set to be selected among Wales' U21s despite not turning 18 until this summer. Wales are understood to be keen on cap-tying the ex-Cardiff City teenager who is also eligible to represent England internationally.

“I think it’s ended," Jones said late last year, referring to England's pursuit of the Leeds youngster. “Through the conversations we’ve had with Charlie, we knew the action plan that we had with him, and he supported that in regard to him spending time with the Under-19s, and he dominated with his performances.

“He knew he would always get rewarded with that because we’ve made a pathway for Charlie, and we believe in his abilities. Having that dialogue with him and his family has hopefully supported him to make the right decision," Jones added.

Additionally, Leeds quartet Joe Rodon, Connor Roberts, Ethan Ampadu and Dan James have all been included in Wales’ senior squad to face Finland - and potentially Poland or Estonia - in EURO 2024 play-off action. James and Ampadu are primed to earn their 50th caps for the nation when they take to the field against Finland.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/teenage-leeds-united-midfielder-on-brink-of-first-team-role-set-for-international-fast-track-after-injury-wales-charlie-crew-4554104
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #4454 på: Mars 14, 2024, 17:23:12 »

Leeds United youngster Charlie Crew is expected to be named in Matty Jones’ latest Wales Under-21 squad ahead of the international break this month.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 Charlie Crew has been named in the Wales Under-21s squad for their upcoming games against Lithuania & Morocco

#LUFCYouth | #LUFC

https://x.com/leedsutdacademy/status/1768276414057365642?s=20
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Hallgeir *

« Svar #4455 på: Mars 15, 2024, 20:29:26 »
Leeds-Fulham på LUTV nå.
Super Leeds since 1968

Hallgeir *

« Svar #4456 på: Mars 15, 2024, 21:21:11 »
Ungt lag vi stiller. Går ikke spesielt bra, nei.
Super Leeds since 1968

Hallgeir *

« Svar #4457 på: Mars 15, 2024, 21:37:12 »

Fra 0-3 til 2-3.

Det er tæl i unggutta.  8)
Super Leeds since 1968

Hallgeir *

« Svar #4458 på: Mars 15, 2024, 21:40:55 »

Fra 0-3 til 2-3.

Snakk om opphenting, 3-3 nå.  8)
Super Leeds since 1968

Hallgeir *

« Svar #4459 på: Mars 15, 2024, 21:46:55 »

Fra 0-3 til 2-3.

Fulham hadde uttallige cornere i første omgang, mange gitt bort av hjemmelaget. Ser ut som om dødball er en av styrkene til bortelaget, og nå kom 3-4 på et frispark med masse tilfeldigheter inne på 5-meteren.
Super Leeds since 1968

Hallgeir *

« Svar #4460 på: Mars 15, 2024, 21:52:40 »

Fra 0-3 til 2-3.

Fulham hadde uttallige cornere i første omgang, mange gitt bort av hjemmelaget. Ser ut som om dødball er en av styrkene til bortelaget, og nå kom 3-4 på et frispark med masse tilfeldigheter inne på 5-meteren.

Bra andre omgang av Leeds, men det ender med tap 3-5.
Super Leeds since 1968

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #4461 på: Mars 16, 2024, 00:51:22 »

Disse unge har nesten vært stammen etter at Scott Gardner overtok laget. Mistenker altså at man tenker langsiktig siden det ikke er nedrykk uansett, her skal unggutta herdes.

Leeds United: van den Heuvel (GK), Sutcliffe, Cline (Chadwick 63’), Coleman (Spencer 78’), Moore (C), Monteiro, Snowdon, Toulson, Thomas, Chambers, Richards. Subs not used: Christy (GK), Cresswell, Lopata-White.

Brorparten er 20 år nå (Sutcliffe, Spencer, Cline, Monteiro sjekket eg) og i alle fall Toulson, Chadwick, Cresswell, Chambers og Lopata-White skal spille FA Youth Cup-semifinale 4.april (18-årsgrense der trur eg)...

U21S REPORT: LEEDS UNITED 3-5 FULHAM
Share this story  Share
U21s Report: Leeds United 3-5 Fulham
Whites edged out at the LNER Community Stadium.

Premier League 2

Leeds United U21 3 (de Fougerolles OG 72’, Snowdon 80’, Richards 84’)

Fulham U21 5 (Snowdon OG 48’, King 51’, Pajaziti pen 59’, Works 88’, McCoy-Splatt 90’)

Leeds United: van den Heuvel (GK), Sutcliffe, Cline (Chadwick 63’), Coleman (Spencer 78’), Moore (C), Monteiro, Snowdon, Toulson, Thomas, Chambers, Richards. Subs not used: Christy (GK), Cresswell, Lopata-White.

Fulham: Borto (GK), Tanton, Okkas, Araujo, de Fougerolles, Dibley-Dias (C), Sekularac, McCoy-Splatt, Osmand (Gofford 89’), King (Gordon 71’), Pajaziti (Works 71’). Subs not used: Kaiser (GK), Amissah.

Referee: Steven Copeland

Booked: Sutcliffe, Toulson, Richards, Chadwick (Leeds)

Venue: LNER Community Stadium

Leeds United Under-21s were narrowly beaten at home by Fulham Under-21s, with eight goals coming in an exciting second half in York.

Falling behind after the break, Scott Gardner’s side battled back to make it 3-3, before Terrell Works and Delano McCoy-Splatt broke United hearts late on in the Premier League 2.

The Whites started brightly under the LNER Community Stadium lights, not looking to let poor conditions getting in the way of their attacking football.

Dan Toulson, playing in a more advanced midfield role this time round, threaded an incisive pass down the left flank which Sam Chambers latched onto, darting into the box and crossing low looking for Luca Thomas before the visitors managed to clear.

Thomas then produced a fine piece of skill to flick to ball over defender Devan Tanton, racing down the wing before seeing his deflected delivery fall kindly for Alex Borto in the Fulham goal to collect.

After a strong start from Gardner's side, the Cottagers began to grow into the game, and striker Callum Osmand would have had a glorious chance to put the London outfit in the lead if not for the brilliant positioning of Toulson to win the ball back and clear.

After a sustained spell down the right, Fulham then worked the ball into the box before it eventually bundled through to Josh King. On the turn, the forward swung a leg at the ball but was unable to generate any power or direction in his effort as he dragged wide.

George Okkas, on the left, then picked out Delano McCoy-Splatt with an inch-perfect delivery at the back post, but Dani van den Heuvel got down brilliantly well to parry away the midfielder's close-range volley.

Okkas and McCoy-Splitt combined once more shortly after, with the latter firing under van den Heuvel and looking to have opened the scoring, only for Kris Moore to make a sensational goal line clearance to keep the tie level.

Despite the Fulham pressure, United still looked a threat on the break and Joe Snowdon was unlucky not to have worked Borto in the Cottagers’ goal, firing just over from the right flank after good work from Chambers.

Osmand, Luc de Fougerolles and Araujo all squandered chances from set plays for the visitors before the break, leaving everything to play for in the second 45.

HALF TIME: Leeds United U21 0-0 Fulham U21

If the first half was one of normality, describing the second period as eventful would be somewhat of an understatement, with Fulham grabbing the lead shortly after the restart as a corner deflected off Snowdon and trickled over the line, despite the best efforts of Harvey Sutcliffe.

One quickly became two when Josh King controlled a cross from the right superbly before firing past van den Heuvel, with Adrion Pajaziti then grabbing a third from the penalty spot just before the hour mark.

The Whites weren’t to be deterred by the flurry of goals however, with a lifeline being presented when de Fougerolles was unable to sort his feet out and directed Snowdon's low cross beyond Borto with 18 minutes left of normal time.

Heading into the last 10 minutes, the comeback was well and truly on when the Whites won the ball back on the halfway line and launched an electric counter, working it out to Thomas on the left who found the run of Snowdon superbly. The winger latched onto the pass and finished well past Borto to reduce the deficit to just one.

One became none moments later, when Joe Richards squeezed the ball home from a narrow angle after linking up brilliantly with substitute Morten Spencer to make it 3-3!

The visitors weren't to be denied the victory however and cruelly got themselves back in front two minutes from time, when substitute Terrell Works was well-placed to tap home after a free kick was swung in from the right.

As United committed bodies forward searching for a last-gasp equaliser, McCoy-Splatt sealed things deep into stoppage time on the counter to bring a pulsating affair to a close.

FULL TIME: Leeds United U21 3-5 Fulham U21
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan