Skrevet av Emne: Film: The Damned United  (Lest 28494 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

lojosang

Sv: Damned United
« Svar #60 på: Mars 10, 2010, 01:02:27 »
- Leif Olav

Thomas

« Svar #61 på: Oktober 30, 2011, 13:30:29 »
For de som ennå ikke har sett filmen, så har dere en mulighet lørdag 5. november. Da går den på NRK kl. 23:20 :)
« Siste redigering: Oktober 30, 2011, 13:33:12 av Thomas »

newsome

« Svar #62 på: Oktober 30, 2011, 17:11:26 »
For de som ennå ikke har sett filmen, så har dere en mulighet lørdag 5. november. Da går den på NRK kl. 23:20 :)
Er en "must see" for alle som ikke har fått den med seg før!!!!!

Hobben

« Svar #63 på: Oktober 31, 2011, 09:02:32 »

Har sett den flere ganger, men nå skal den gå på NRK, så da må den vel også ses der og :-)
Rogaland Whites

Dennis

« Svar #64 på: Oktober 31, 2011, 10:34:21 »

Enig at den er noe for Leedsfans, tross noen småflaue spillerprestasjoner av skuespillerne. :) Michael Sheen og Timothy Spall er derimot klasseskuespillere.

En av få filmer der jeg liker filmen bedre en boka, forøvrig. Syns skrivemåten var mektig slitsom og hadde nok ikke lest den ferdig uten Leedsreferansen, skal jeg være ærlig.
« Siste redigering: Oktober 31, 2011, 10:35:56 av Mr Kaizer »
Marching on together!

Marmaduke

• Gjest
« Svar #65 på: November 13, 2011, 18:46:33 »
Var Brian Clough virkelig så avskylig som han blir framstilt i denne filmen ?

Imsdal

• Gjest
« Svar #66 på: November 13, 2011, 18:55:53 »

Avsylig?
Fantastisk spør du meg! Tøff mann, som sier det han mener, uten at det er svada! Liker typen!

Marmaduke

• Gjest
« Svar #67 på: November 13, 2011, 23:43:06 »

Avsylig?

Jeg skrev ikke avsylig jeg skrev AvsKylig

kalle_92

• Gjest
« Svar #68 på: November 14, 2011, 08:09:02 »

Avsylig?

Jeg skrev ikke avsylig jeg skrev AvsKylig
Men dere mente vel begge to avskyelig?  :D

Leedsfan

« Svar #69 på: Juli 08, 2012, 09:02:50 »
http://www.sabotagetimes.com/tv-film/the-damned-facts-for-leeds-united-fans/

Sitat
Leeds United fans have a tendency to feel a touch victimised. The club is not only deeply misunderstood, they claim, but with a history of league expulsion, ground closures, UEFA bans and, latterly, points deductions, considerably more sinned against than sinning. It was certainly the familiar taste of malice that was left in the mouth as the final credits of The Damned United rolled.

The film was meant to portray the obsession Brian Clough had with Don Revie’s Leeds United, and the supposed football purist’s enduring distaste for the tactics employed by his fellow-Middlesbrough native on the way to a glut of trophies and, ultimately, the England job. For an hour and a half, the scriptwriter subjected Leeds to the same old accusations: a team of talented but flawed individuals operating on the margins of legality, overseen by a suspicious, aloof and easily corruptible manager.

Unfortunately, when you apply artistic license to real events and involve people still very much alive, you need to get your facts straight. You don’t get key sequences out of order, mistake results and, in one instance, completely invent games – it does tend to undermine your case. Johnny Giles, depicted in the film as a gangly extra from a Rolling Stones documentary, called The Damned United “outrageous and wrong”. Pat Murphy, regarded as Clough’s most thorough biographer, said he actually lost count of the factual gaffs. After two viewings, a lengthy spell with Leeds United: The Complete Record and a decent internet connection, we can only agree that this was one error-strewn performance.

Leeds versus Derby  â€“ 1 (FA Cup 3rd Round, January 1968)

The script: When the Third Round draw is made, Clough and Taylor are seen widely celebrating the prospect of a tie with Leeds, with Clough later ordering the cleaners and the groundsman to make the ground fit for Don Revie’s team. The pair then eagerly wait outside the ground for the Leeds coach to arrive.

The reality: Leeds had actually played Derby at the Baseball Ground 10 days earlier in the League Cup Semi-Final first leg – the year Leeds went on to win it for their first major trophy – rendering many of the “revelations” about Leeds habits and style, plus Clough’s excitement, completely redundant.

The script: In the commentary by Tony Gubba in the FA Cup game, he says: “Derby very much the underdogs against Leeds, the First Division champions.”

The reality: In January 1968, Leeds were still 18 months from securing their first title. Manchester United were the reigning champions when the game was played.

The script: Roy McFarlane, Derby’s centre-half, is seen being carried from the pitch after a Johnny Giles foul, with commentary saying he is “out of the game”.

The reality: McFarlane in fact played the whole 90 minutes.

The script: It says that the goalscorers were Allan Clarke and Johnny Giles from the penalty spot, after a dive from Billy Bremner.

The reality: Jack Charlton and Peter Lorimer scored in the game in question, which means the dive and the “cheating” jibe from Taylor are complete fabrications.

5 and 6.

The script: The first goalscorer is shown to be Allan Clarke, wearing number 3.

The reality: Clarke didn’t actually join Leeds until the summer of 1969, a year and a half later. He famously wore the number 8 throughout his time at Elland Road.

Leeds versus Derby – 2 (Division 1, Elland Road, 1969)

The script: The first meeting between the sides after Derby’s promotion, which took place on October 1969, ends with the caption Leeds 5 Derby 0.

The reality: This game actually ended 2-0 to Leeds, with Allan Clarke scoring both goals. Leeds did beat Derby 5-0 at Elland Road three years later when, in October 1972, Derby were reigning champions.

The script: In the post-match analysis, Clough asks what was John O’Hare doing, “letting Madeley bully him like that”.

The reality: John O’Hare was a centre-forward and the mild-mannered Madeley played left-back, meaning it would have been Hunter or Charlton marking him.

Leeds versus Derby – 3 (Division 1, Baseball Ground)

The script: The game that depicts Clough’s first triumph over Leeds as Derby manager shows a nervous manager waiting in his Baseball Ground office during the game. Peter Taylor comes down to report that the result is a 2-1 win.

The reality: The game shown simply never took place. While Derby did beat Leeds 2-0 at home on their way to the title in 1972, the first win against Leeds for Clough came in 1970 with a 4-1 win as Leeds fielded a weakened side as they battled for the European Cup and FA Cup.

Leeds versus Derby – 4 (Baseball Ground, 1973)

The script: This is fixture is said to come on the Saturday before Derby’s European Cup Semi-Final against Juventus, when Leeds’ supposedly “dirty play” robs Derby of a number of key players for the crucial game.

The reality: Arsenal were the team who played Derby directly before the Juventus game, and Derby fielded a full strength side in Turin – so Clough’s press conference blaming Leeds for defeat is another invention. The writers may be confusing the game with Leeds-Derby tie with the famous Hunter-Lee brawl that came before a European Cup game with Real Madrid in 1976. Clough was, of course, no longer Derby manager then, nor was Revie at Leeds.

Derby players’ strike, 1973

The script: When the list of Derby players supporting Clough’s reinstatement as manager is read out, he is interrupted by Peter Taylor saying “but not Dave Mackay” – who we learn has taken the job as Clough’s replacement.

The reality: In 1973, Mackay had not only retired from playing, he’d left Derby altogether and was managing near-neighbours Nottingham Forest at the time of the strike.

Clough’s Spanish holiday, 1973

The script: The scenes on the beach in Marbella portray Clough reneging on a deal to manage Brighton while he was on holiday at chairman Mike Bamber’s expense. As he sunbathes ahead of his new challenge, he is approached by Leeds secretary Keith Archer and invited to manage the league champions, prompting a plot-defining row with Peter Taylor.

The reality: Clough and Taylor did in fact manage Brighton in tandem for the majority of the 1973/74 season, a full year before Leeds even had a managerial vacancy, with the famous 8-2 defeat to Bristol Rovers even being shown on Match of the Day. Clough was not approached by Leeds until the summer of 1974, when Taylor opted to remain on the South Coast.

Leeds versus Liverpool, Charity Shield, 1974

The script: After Billy Bremner’s sending off at Wembley, Clough is shown pleading Bremner’s case to the FA.

The reality: Clough didn’t even go to London with the Leeds captain, leaving the job of representing the player to assistant Maurice Lindley.

The script: After the game, it shows a photocall with “new signing” Duncan McKenzie alongside John McGovern and John O’Hare.

The reality: McKenzie was not only signed before the game against Liverpool, he came on in the Wembley showpiece as a substitute.

Leeds versus Luton

The script: The caption says Leeds lost 1-0 at home to Luton, a result that precipitates Clough’s sacking.

The reality: The game actually ended 1-1, with Allan Clarke scoring for Leeds.

16 and 17.

The script: Manny Cussins states that it’s Leeds worst start to a season in 20 years, with “four points from five games”, which then ushers in a crisis meeting of the players which leads to Clough’s exit.

The reality: The Luton game was in fact the sixth league game of the 1974/75 season, and the legendary players’ meeting took place before a league Cup game away at Huddersfield Town, not directly after the Luton game.
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #70 på: Juni 01, 2014, 00:12:07 »
Where are they now - fra filmen:

DAVID HARVEY (Played by Danny Tomlinson)
Scottish international goalkeeper who finally took over from Gary Sprake. Now 61, Harvey works as a farmer and postman on Sanday in the Orkney Islands.

PAUL REANEY (Lesley Maylett)
Now 64, fullback Reaney spent 16 years at Leeds. Is still involved in football, running half-term coaching sessions for children at a leisure resort in Norfolk.

BILLY BREMNER (Stephen Graham)
The captain and voted Leeds’ greatest ever player, with a statue standing outside Elland Road in his honour. Died in 1997 two days short of his 55th birthday.

GORDON McQUEEN (John Savage)
Central defender who was only 22 when Clough arrived at Elland Road. Now 56, he is a pundit on Sky Sports and assistant scout at Middlesbrough.

TERRY COOPER
Leeds’ left-back, now 64, had a career in management, at the two Bristol clubs, Birmingham and Exeter. Now a scout at Southampton.

TREVOR CHERRY (Tom Ramsbottom)
Now 61, the former England captain runs and promotions and hospitality company in his home town of Huddersfield, as well as a waste paper company and a five-a-side football centre. Tried to buy Leeds in 2004.

PETER LORIMER (Matthew Storton)
A right-winger who made his Leeds debut at 15. The 62-year-old writes a column in the club's programme and is a summariser for Yorkshire Radio. A fans’ representative on Leeds’ board, he also runs The Commercial Inn pub in Leeds.

PAUL MADELEY (Chris Moore)
Leeds’ ‘player without portfolio’, he spent his entire 17-year career at Elland Road. He later ran a sports shop and entered his family’s DIY business. Now 64, he has suffered from ill-health and in 2004 was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease.

JOE JORDAN (Craig Williams)
Scottish international striker famed for his lack of four upper teeth. Now 57, he was caretaker manager at Portsmouth but followed Harry Redknapp to Tottenham, where he is assistant manager.

JOHNNY GILES (Martin Compson)
Formed the midfield hub with Bremner. Later managed the Republic of Ireland where he now lives. At 68 he remains in journalism and is a leading football analyst on Irish radio station NewsTalk 106.

DUNCAN McKENZIE (Joseph Dempsie)
Signed for Clough in the early days and spent two years at Elland Road before spells at Anderlecht, Everton, Chelsea and Blackburn. Now 58, he has worked as a newspaper columnist and radio commentator, as well as being a successful after-dinner speaker.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leeds-united/5054637/The-Damned-United-Where-are-they-now.html
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #71 på: Juni 01, 2014, 00:24:11 »
Leeds’ ‘player without portfolio’, he spent his entire 17-year career at Elland Road. He later ran a sports shop and entered his family’s DIY business. Now 64, he has suffered from ill-health and in 2004 was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease.
...et apropo der ja, 10 år med Parkinsons setter vel sine spor :(
Hvordan står det til pr d.d. anyone?
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Hallgeir *

« Svar #72 på: Juni 01, 2014, 07:22:51 »
Fin oppdatering over det jeg ikke allerede kjente til. Dog trenger vel infoen om Joe Jordan et aldri så lite nytt malingsstrøk.  ;)
Super Leeds since 1968

Promotion 2010

« Svar #73 på: Juni 01, 2014, 09:51:46 »
...et apropo der ja, 10 år med Parkinsons setter vel sine spor :(
Hvordan står det til pr d.d. anyone?

Har prøvd å Google det. Men lite info.

Fant imidlertid dette fra Jimmy Armfields biografi:

In his autobiography, ""Right Back to the Beginning"", Revie's eventual replacement Jimmy Armfield related a telling story about Madeley negotiating a new contract: "He once actually signed a new contract on what was virtually a blank piece of paper. I called him in to discuss terms and opened discussions by saying, 'OK, Paul, we'll give you so much'. He replied that he had no intention of leaving Leeds so he might as well sign the contract and let me fill in the details. I said, 'What do you want, then, two years or three years?' He answered, 'Either way, I'll leave it to you. I just want to play for Leeds,' and that was that".

Noe å tenke på for griske unge gutter.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #75 på: Mai 09, 2019, 10:14:02 »
Hollywood actor Michael Sheen reveals Leeds United secrets from filming The Damned United at Elland Road - Leeds Live

Hollywood actor Michael Sheen has lifted the lid on what it was like filming The Damned United at Leeds United’s famous Elland Road stadium.

Sheen, 50, starred as Brian Clough in the popular film which looked at the manager’s infamous 44 days in charge of Leeds United.

Interviewed by one of Leeds United most famous celebrity fans, Chris Moyles, the actor revealed some secrets about the film which was released back in 2009.

Sheen, appearing on Radio X, said: “When you are playing a real person, especially someone who is really familiar to people, you have to put a lot of work into that.

“Then kind of let go of that as you don’t want everyone watching the film to think you are doing an impersonation each scene. With David Frost and Kenneth Williams and Clough you are doing six months work in preparation.”

Moyles spoke to Sheen with great affection about how much he loved the Leeds United detail in the film being meticulous.

Watch the full interview with Micheal Sheen here

They discussed the kits and how they’d recreated the Whites’ old training ground which was based on what is now a car park at the stadium.

Moyles said: “When I watched the film I was instantly dropped back to my very early childhood. It had the old logo and everything which brought the memories back for me.”

Sheen, who is currently publicising the Homeless World Cup, set to take place in Wales, revealed his inspiration for capturing the charismatic essence of Clough.

Michael Sheen appearing on Radio X spilling the beans about The Damned United
He added: “I’d regularly watch a video on YouTube of him. He’s in the full Leeds training kit, runs up some steps to the press and says ‘thank you very much ladies and gentlemen, now if you’d let me do my job’ and runs off,” Sheen said.

“One day, we are doing that scene and I really needed a pee. I ran into the ground and when I’m coming back I got a bit lost, still in the full training kit, and I ran up some steps and I realised I was now in that video I’d be watching every day. It was really weird.”

During the interview with Moyles, Sheen discussed the prospect of a sequel beng made for the hit film.
Min første Leeds-kamp: