Skrevet av Emne: Ex-spiller: Liam McCarron  (Lest 3713 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Ex-spiller: Liam McCarron
« på: Juli 01, 2019, 16:02:06 »
Lufc
 #LUFC are pleased to announce the signing of Liam McCarron on a permanent transfer from Carlisle United

Highly rated prospect joins the club.

Leeds United are pleased to announce the signing of Liam McCarron on a permanent transfer from Carlisle United.

The 18-year-old joins the Whites for an undisclosed fee and has penned a three-year deal at Elland Road.

McCarron came through the ranks at Carlisle and signed a first professional contract with the League Two side last September.

He then went on to make 20 appearances in all competitions for the Brunton Park outfit and Leeds have beaten off competition from a number of Premier League and Championship clubs to secure the signature of the highly rated youngster.

McCarron will initially link up with Carlos Corberan’s Under-23 side, with a view to joining the first team squad.
« Siste redigering: Juni 29, 2022, 20:48:27 av Hallgeir * »
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

RoarG

Sv: Spiller: Liam McCarron
« Svar #1 på: Juli 01, 2019, 16:07:18 »
Bare å ønske dette unge talentet velkommen til Leeds :).
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #2 på: Juli 01, 2019, 16:25:27 »
Joe Urquharte

Carlisle say they have a "favourable" sell-on clause for McCarron. #lufc

BREAKING: Young midfielder makes move to Championship club

McCarron joins Leeds United

Carlisle United Football Club can confirm that highly-rated midfielder Liam McCarron has today joined Championship outfit Leeds United for an undisclosed fee.

Appleby-based McCarron, 19 in March, joined United’s academy system at the under-14 level and caught the eye as he went on to earn a two-year scholarship.

At the start of his second year with the under-18 side he was called up to the bench for the Checkatrade Trophy game against Morecambe (September 2018) where he came on to make his senior debut when he played the final 10 minutes of that fixture.

He made his league debut against Tranmere Rovers that same month and signed an 18-month professional contract, with an option, following what had been a very busy period.

A total of 20 first team appearances last season – four of them starts – saw the scouts flock to Brunton Park, with Leeds declaring an interest at a very early stage.

Director of football David Holdsworth said: “This is one of those situations where a big club has identified the potential of one of our young players and has subsequently followed that up.

“There’s nothing much you can do when a club really does start to ramp up their intentions to actually sign the player, whatever age he is, other than let him know that he’s wanted by the club he’s already with and that you see him as part of the future here at Carlisle United.

“We did that to the point where, fairly early in this process, we offered a vastly improved new three-year deal with the option of a fourth year tagged on to keep Liam at Brunton Park.

“Speaking to the young man he made it clear that his intentions were to take up this opportunity and, at that point, negotiations continued between myself, the board and Leeds United to see if we could bring it to a conclusion.

“I have to say that I’ve built up a good working relationship with Leeds throughout this process and it could prove to be a good fit for us going forward should we want to consider any of their players for loan spells with us.”

“Liam is a fantastic young man,” he continued. “I gave him a three-year contract initially, close to the start of last season, because we recognised that he had a really bright future. That was an example of us investing in one of our younger players at an early stage, which is something we have always stated we are more than prepared to do.

“However, this opportunity has come along for Liam and, along with his family and agent, he indicated that he wanted to pursue it. That’s fine, it’s football, so it then comes down to us getting the best deal we possibly can. With that in mind I’ve turned down prior offers and held out for what I and the board feel is an excellent deal for the club.

“I can assure the fans that all negotiations have been conducted with the best interests of Carlisle United at the forefront of our minds. Following long discussions, and having turned down those initial offers, Leeds have now met the valuation we place on the player.

“The player genuinely wants to move, we will not stop the move from happening, but we’ve had to do the work to secure what I and the board feel is a very good deal.

“The understanding thereafter is that any fee received will be invested in the recruitment work we still have to do for this season. On top of that, I’ve made sure that I’ve secured an extremely healthy financial package going forward, which includes a favourable sell-on clause.

“The ideal scenario for us would have been for Liam to stay. That hasn’t been the case, so we’ve done the best we can for Carlisle United and we now wish Liam all the very best as he takes on his new challenge with what is another fantastic club.”

Speaking about the move, McCarron said: “I’ve loved my time with Carlisle United and I’m leaving with a very heavy heart.

“I’d like to thank the club for everything they’ve done for me, and it became an even harder decision to make when a new contract offer was mentioned.

“This opportunity has come up and I just feel it’s one I have to take. Carlisle United will always be in my thoughts because I wouldn’t be where I am now without the help and support I’ve received from the staff, the coaches and the fans.

“I hope the club goes on to get the promotion it deserves. I’ll definitely be celebrating if it does.”

https://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/news/2019/july/breaking-young-midfielder-makes-move-to-championship-club/
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #3 på: Juli 01, 2019, 17:27:05 »
BA Analytics

So much to like about this signing. Yes he's raw but from all U23s in L2 last season McCarron was highest in league for progressive ball carries per90, 2nd highest for successful dribbles, 1st for successful crosses. An xA of 0.17 p90 altho limited also a huge plus.

:)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Jon R

« Svar #4 på: Juli 01, 2019, 18:04:00 »
Spennende! Bortsett fra statsen var det irriterende lite informasjon om spisskompetanse og hvilke posisjoner som er hans foretrukne. Offensiv midtbane? Nr 10 potensiale?
Jon R.

Leedsfan

« Svar #5 på: Juli 01, 2019, 18:22:31 »
Spennende! Bortsett fra statsen var det irriterende lite informasjon om spisskompetanse og hvilke posisjoner som er hans foretrukne. Offensiv midtbane? Nr 10 potensiale?

Er ikke han en lynving ala James? Mener å ha lest det!
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #6 på: Juli 01, 2019, 18:30:08 »

Transfermarkt markerer bare for 'spiss'

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/liam-mccarron/profil/spieler/614082
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Eriksen55

« Svar #7 på: Juli 01, 2019, 20:07:46 »

Spiss. Men spilte på begge vinger forrige sesong .

Jon R

« Svar #8 på: Juli 01, 2019, 20:31:20 »

Skjønner. Spiss. Ving.  Det forklarer hvorfor han omtales som midfielder av klubben.  :D
Jon R.

Leedsfan

« Svar #9 på: Juli 01, 2019, 20:52:13 »

Skjønner. Spiss. Ving.  Det forklarer hvorfor han omtales som midfielder av klubben.  :D

DHY sier at han er rask også!
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Jon R

« Svar #10 på: Juli 01, 2019, 23:29:38 »

DHY sier at han er rask også!
Det sier han fordi det meste som hentes av Orta er rask!  :D
Jon R.

RoarG

"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #12 på: September 23, 2021, 10:34:40 »
« Siste redigering: September 23, 2021, 10:36:29 av Asbjørn »
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Sterland

« Svar #13 på: Juni 29, 2022, 16:32:04 »
Solgt til Stoke: https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/30018/liam-mccarron-joins-stoke-city

Spennende spiller. Lykke til i Stoke

Hallgeir *

Sv: Ex-spiller: Liam McCarron
« Svar #14 på: Juni 29, 2022, 20:54:31 »
Et av mange talenter som aldri klarte å markere seg nevneverdig. Naturlig da å ta et steg ned.

Lykke til i Stoke.
Super Leeds since 1968