Skrevet av Emne: Ex-spiller: Rafa Mujica  (Lest 3882 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

auren

Ex-spiller: Rafa Mujica
« på: Juli 04, 2019, 15:06:44 »
Da var Rafa klar for U-23:

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/25127/rafa-mujica-joins-leeds-united

auren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Siste redigering: Juli 02, 2021, 21:29:28 av Hallgeir * »
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Jon R

Sv: Ny spiller: Rafa Mujica
« Svar #1 på: Juli 04, 2019, 15:08:32 »
Jon R.

RoarG

« Svar #2 på: Juli 04, 2019, 15:36:10 »
Dette ryktet har vært en dårlig bevart hemmelighet. Men, velkommen til Leeds skal du være, Rafa.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #3 på: Juli 04, 2019, 15:59:34 »
...daa limer eg det inn her: :)

Rafa Mújica: Views From One Of he Biggest Barcelona Academy Accounts On Twitter!

Dette er nok en spiller som i begynnelsen vil vake mellom førstelagstroppen og U23-troppen, tipper eg.

Han virker som en spiss i Bielsa-ånd, hyggelig kar i tillegg, men scorer altså litt for få mål...

30 Jun 2019
Leeds United are set to complete the signing of Barcelona youngster Rafa Mújica on a free transfer who will likely join up with our under 23’s squad. The Spanish striker who can also play on the wing started his career at Las Palmas before joining Barcelona’s youth system in May 2015. Since then he has been a regular for Barcelona B playing in the Segunda Divison B in Spain and has also played for Spain at under 19’s level. He was part of Barcelona’s first team squad for their pre-season in 2016/17 and scored against Leicester City in a 4-2 victory for Barcelona, but didn’t make his official first team debut during his time in Spain.

He did make the bench for their game against Levante UD in the the Copa del Rey, but didn’t get onto the pitch. Injuries in 2017 have halted his career after being sidelined for nine months but at the age of 20 he has only just started his career and move away could be just what he needs to further his career. Last season he played 33 games, scoring 7 goals and picking up 1 assist in Segunda Divison B for Barcelona B. I spoke to @Youngcules who is well known for all the latest information on Barcelona famous La Masia academy to gain an insight into the sort of player Leeds United are signing.

What are his strengths?
I’d definitely say his work rate, he works his ass off in every game, be it on or off the ball. He must be annoying to play against, because he’s constantly running, especially given his physique, he’s pretty well-built. There are also some games where he produces extraordinary finishes. At U19s he would for example once in a while do fantastic lobs above the keeper from far outside.

Example of Rafa pressing high and nearly winning the ball.

What are his weaknesses?
For a striker he simply needs to score more goals. He scored 7 last season, and given that he didn’t start every time, that might not be too bad, but given his age and Barca B and Segunda B (third tier) experience, I expected more of him. Three of the seven goals were also scored in one game, so he was pretty ineffective in front of goal, when Barça B needed a striker to score them into playoff spots, which didn’t happen due to many 1 goal losses or draws.

Highlights the need to improve his finishing stats via @rramesss

We signed Kun Temenuzhkov from Barcelona, how does he compare to him?
Kun was more of a target player as I remember him, he was very active in the box where he’d normally tap it in when given the chance. Mujica seeks chances more with runs off the ball and works much, much harder, if I remember Kun’s work rate correctly.

Was you aware go any interest from any other clubs, if so why do you think he joined Leeds United?
I didn’t hear anything, but I’m sure their must’ve been interest. Rafa is a former Spain youth international and has done decently on higher level (scored in a preseason friendly against Leicester in 2016), so him leaving on free transfer should’ve given him several offers, but I think Leeds’ interest might’ve caught more attention from the start because of Bielsa’s pull and the fact that it’s a great challenge in a new league and country. There are also other Spanish-speaking in the club, right? So should be a good destination for him.

Like all fans, when I see we’re signing a player from Barcelona I get excited, should I be?
I think you should, he has potential to help you, I’d say. I think Bielsa will like him, especially for his work rate.

Well timed run and good, early finish.

At the age of 20, was it time for him to leave Barcelona and are you sad to see him go?
Yes, it was definitely time for him to leave. He was not one of those talents who could’ve or should’ve been given a first team change and left because they didn’t, there are two more talented strikers below his age coming through at U19s and Barça B, so it made complete sense not to renew his contract. The window of him potentially making it at the club was more or less closed last year. But while saying so I’m really happy to see him joining Leeds because he’s honestly such a good kid. One of the most beloved in the entire squad, so he’ll be missed for sure at the club.

Finally, do you have any interesting stories about him, or a favourite moment from for Barcelona?
There must be some that I don’t know of, because Mujica (or Muji as he’s called by his teammates) was extremely liked by his teammates. But I do have one friend who does post-match interviews after B games, and she absolutely adores him, because he’s a sweet guy who always takes time to answer questions and in the right manner. I think he’ll quickly become a fan favourite, especially if he starts scoring goals quickly. He’s a very nice guy, but don’t get me wrong, on the pitch he’s an absolute warrior. Loads of potential in him.

A big thanks to Navid for his time and answers, go check out him out on twitter at @Youngcules. At the age of 20 I think we’re getting a player that has a lot of good attributes that fit Leeds United’s ethos. Yes, he needs to improve in certain areas as mentioned above but it sounds very much like he’s willing to put the time and effort in to make sure he reaches his maximum potential.

https://focusonleeds.wordpress.com/2019/06/30/rafa-mujica-views-from-one-of-he-biggest-barcelona-academy-accounts-on-twitter/
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Forever Whites

« Svar #4 på: Juli 04, 2019, 17:56:16 »
What are his weaknesses?
For a striker he simply needs to score more goals. He scored 7 last season, and given that he didn’t start every time, that might not be too bad, but given his age and Barca B and Segunda B (third tier) experience, I expected more of him. Three of the seven goals were also scored in one game, so he was pretty ineffective in front of goal, when Barça B needed a striker to score them into playoff spots, which didn’t happen due to many 1 goal losses or draws.

Håper dette kan utvikle seg etter hvert.  Angripere som skårer få mål har vi flust av i troppen fra før.

Men velkommen skal han være!  :)
Medlem 94237

Bjorn

« Svar #5 på: Juli 04, 2019, 18:37:43 »
What are his weaknesses?

Håper dette kan utvikle seg etter hvert.  Angripere som skårer få mål har vi flust av i troppen fra før.

Men velkommen skal han være!  :)

Og hvilke angripere er det da?
Marching On! 4276

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

RoarG

« Svar #7 på: August 21, 2019, 17:47:51 »
Mujica sendes tilbake til Spania på lån ut sesongen. Mottaker er 2. divisjonsklubben Extremadura.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/08/21/report-rafa-majica-set-to-leave-leeds-on-season-long-loan/
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Lucas the Kop Cat

« Svar #8 på: August 21, 2019, 20:20:39 »
Mujica sendes tilbake til Spania på lån ut sesongen. Mottaker er 2. divisjonsklubben Extremadura.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/08/21/report-rafa-majica-set-to-leave-leeds-on-season-long-loan/
Extremadura var et kult klubbnavn.

Lundewhites

« Svar #9 på: August 24, 2020, 23:37:08 »
Nytt utlån på unggutten. Denne gangen til Real Oviedo.
Har ikke vært en ubetinget suksess, disse ungdomspillerene som kom fra Spania.
For the sake of Leeds United he would break himself in two

RoarG

Sv: Spiller: Rafa Mujica
« Svar #10 på: Juli 02, 2021, 21:09:55 »
Da kan man tilføye "Ex-" også til denne spilleren. Mujica har gått til spanske UD Las Palmas på permanent basis. Ønsker Rafa lykke til videre i karrieren.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/28303/rafa-mujica-joins-ud-las-palmas

jaho

« Svar #11 på: Juli 23, 2021, 00:22:11 »
Da kan man tilføye "Ex-" også til denne spilleren. Mujica har gått til spanske UD Las Palmas på permanent basis. Ønsker Rafa lykke til videre i karrieren.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/28303/rafa-mujica-joins-ud-las-palmas

og jommen ble han ikke matchvinner i 1-0 seieren mot Espanyol denne uka.

Russel_Doig

« Svar #12 på: Juli 23, 2021, 08:55:26 »

og jommen ble han ikke matchvinner i 1-0 seieren mot Espanyol denne uka.

Fint mål

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KMz_xX3pMc