Skrevet av Emne: Utlånt spiller: Cody Drameh  (Lest 15127 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

auren

Utlånt spiller: Cody Drameh
« på: August 13, 2020, 16:07:10 »
« Siste redigering: September 01, 2023, 15:50:36 av Hallgeir * »
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

RoarG

Sv: Ny ung spiller: Cody Drameh
« Svar #1 på: August 13, 2020, 19:18:24 »
Denne overgangen har ligget i kortene en stund, men jeg blir ikke beroliget før jeg ser spilleren signere for Leeds. Velkommen til Leeds skal du være, Cody :). Han er vel i første rekke påtenkt en rolle for U-23 laget, og forhåpentlig en erstatter for Ayling på sikt?
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #2 på: August 13, 2020, 19:29:39 »
Cody Drameh admits Marcelo Bielsa factor was huge in his decision to join Leeds United

The Whites' secured their fifth signing of the summer on Thursday.
By Joe Urquhart Thursday, 13th August 2020, 6:10 pm

Leeds United’s newest recruit, Cody Drameh, has set his sights on becoming the latest Elland Road youngster to break into the first-team ranks in LS11.

The Whites confirmed the capture of the highly-rated full-back on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee from fellow Premier League outfit Fulham.

The 18-year-old was said to be a wanted man, despite failing to make a single first-team appearance during his time at Craven Cottage, and it is seen as a bit of a coup for United to land his signature.

Drameh has seen his stock rise tremendously in recent seasons and made 17 Premier League 2 appearances last term.

In that period he provided seven assists for his side and also appeared in all three of the Cottagers’ EFL Trophy games - facing League One and Two clubs respectively.

Drameh has been capped three times at international level with the England Under-18s.

The defender had entered the final year of his contract in west London, which left Fulham with no option but, reluctantly, to cash in on his services.

After putting pen to paper on his move to Leeds on Thursday, Drameh admitted that the lure of Elland Road and working under head coach Marcelo Bielsa was a huge factor in his decision to make the switch north.

The young full-back also highlighted Bielsa’s work with Manchester City defender Benjamin Mendy as something he would like to emulate during his time with the club.

“A lot of players have made their debuts over the past few years under [Marcelo] Bielsa,” said Drameh.

“I’m looking to add my name to that list. He’s managed a lot of big, big names.

“The one I was interested in was Benjamin Mendy.

“The way he transformed him [at Marseille], obviously I am a full-back so hopefully he can do similar with me and improve me like that. It was a huge factor for me. I’m just really excited to work with him.”

Asked about moving from the capital to West Yorkshire, he added: “I’m delighted to join this massive club and I can’t wait to get started.

“I’ve got a great engine and a lot of stamina. I like to get up and down the pitch. I can defend well.

“I might need a bit of improvement in attack but that’s what I’m here for, to work under the coaching staff at Leeds and get better.

“It’s been 16 years [since Leeds were in the Premier League] and a long wait so I think the fans, along with everyone, are excited.

“Leeds are back where they belong, in the big time.

“First and foremost I want to break into the first team and then, let’s see. The club has ambition - I want to win a few trophies while I’m here.”

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/cody-drameh-admits-marcelo-bielsa-factor-was-huge-his-decision-join-leeds-united-2941902
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

RoarG

« Svar #3 på: August 13, 2020, 19:36:49 »
Ønsker å komme inn på A-laget, og vinne trofeer for klubben. Det er en innstilling jeg kan like.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

RoarG

« Svar #4 på: Januar 13, 2021, 09:32:58 »
Leeds sliter med skadde forsvarere for tida. Kan denne mannen være svaret på forsvars-trøbbelet? Ben Parker mener i alle fall det.

https://tbrfootball.com/ben-parker-says-leeds-youngster-cody-drameh-loves-defending/

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #5 på: Februar 10, 2021, 20:58:58 »
Som det står i tweeten, Raphinha would’ave been proud!

https://twitter.com/leedsutdacademy/status/1359590527247781893?s=21

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #6 på: Februar 17, 2021, 21:56:58 »
Til dere som ikke får sett så mye U23-fotball som dere skulle ha ønsket, her er to minutter fra Cody på mandag.
Ingen spesiell gullkamp av ham, bare en vanlig god dag på jobben.

Luke Aylings arvtaker etter hvert, som det sies...

https://twitter.com/everythinglufc_/status/1361725900883177476?s=20
« Siste redigering: Februar 17, 2021, 22:16:09 av Asbjørn »
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Forever Whites

« Svar #7 på: Februar 18, 2021, 07:22:20 »
Til dere som ikke får sett så mye U23-fotball som dere skulle ha ønsket, her er to minutter fra Cody på mandag.
Ingen spesiell gullkamp av ham, bare en vanlig god dag på jobben.

Luke Aylings arvtaker etter hvert, som det sies...

https://twitter.com/everythinglufc_/status/1361725900883177476?s=20

Virker lovende han.  Håper progresjonen fortsetter.  Treffer med de fleste pasningene i det klippet og er også teknisk begavet.  Når han i tillegg er engelsk lover det bra for fremtiden.  :)
Medlem 94237

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Sv: Ung spiller: Cody Drameh
« Svar #8 på: April 22, 2021, 17:52:42 »
YEP prøver en oppdateringsartikkel om Cody.
...men et intervju med de, det virker komplett umulig :o

Leeds United Under 23s standout ticks trophy off wishlist as he strives for Premier League football under Marcelo Bielsa
When Cody Drameh put pen to paper on a four-year contract at Leeds United last summer he made his intentions clear.
By Joe Urquhart Thursday, 22nd April 2021, 10:00 am

The former Fulham full-back had spotted an opportunity at Elland Road that wasn’t on offer anywhere else.

Thorp Arch is steeped in history of producing talent and the Premier League status that was acquired last July makes Leeds an even more attractive proposition for those outside of its four walls.

Sporting director Victor Orta has been tasked with attracting talent to the club in the youth ranks - and a move towards investing more heavily in up-and-coming stars has been ever more obvious.

Marcelo Bielsa, though, is one man who currently comes as part of the package on offer with the Whites and, for Drameh, it was something he wasn’t willing to turn down.

“The one player I was interested in was [Manchester City’s] Benjamin Mendy,” Drameh said upon his arrival.

“The way he transformed him [at Marseille]; obviously I am a full-back so, hopefully, he can do similar with me and improve me like that. It was a huge factor for me. I’m just really excited to work with him.”

The 19-year-old was a wanted man before he swapped West London for West Yorkshire, despite failing to make a single first-team appearance during his time at Fulham.

Drameh had made a name for himself in the capital at Craven Cottage among the academy ranks, having been capped at England youth level and been promoted to the club’s Under-23s side at just 18 - featuring in the EFL Trophy against League One and Two opposition.

He has carried on that hype and more since his switch north and is into his eighth month of learning the Bielsa way behind closed doors.

Joe Gelhardt and Sam Greenwood have stolen headlines in the Premier League 2 throughout the year for their goal contributions - but each member of the PL2 Division Two promotion-winning side has had a key role to play.

Drameh has been another stand-out performer under Mark Jackson’s guidance, playing as a wing-back and, on occasion, as part of a back-three whilst striking up a strong understanding with fellow summer arrival and winger Crysencio Summerville.

“I’ve got a great engine and a lot of stamina,” he said when he was asked to describe his own game.

"I like to get up and down the pitch. I can defend well.

“I might need a bit of improvement in attack but that’s what I’m here for, to work under the coaching staff at Leeds and get better.”

It is easy to reflect now on an interview that struck the right line between confidence and arrogance - yet it is no exaggeration to say he undersold himself a tad.

Comparisons with Luke Ayling have been swift - and obvious - in the Leeds system from those who follow the Under-23s ranks but Drameh is his own man and it isn’t hard to see why Leeds were keen to land his signature.

Drameh’s one-v-one defending has been, arguably, some of the best in the development division this season while his ability to time a sliding challenge with a balance of aggression and control has been nothing short of impressive.

Dramah oozes confidence, too, taking the ball in tight areas under pressure and finding solutions without breaking sweat, often producing a flick or touch that wouldn’t be out of place at five-a-side.

His attacking play may have been a perceived weakness before the campaign but it hasn’t taken long for him to adjust to Bielsa’s commitment in allowing his full-backs freedom to roam forward.

Like Ayling, he is often spotted as much in the opposition box as his own and his burst of pace over the halfway line means overlapping runs have been built into his game. Drameh’s form also saw him nominated for the Premier League 2’s Player of the Month award for February.

He is yet to be tested at the top level, or even named in a Bielsa first-team squad at Elland Road, though patience while he adapts his skills away from the senior spotlight is important - Pascal Struijk is the example that it works.

The Premier League 2, many argue, won’t give him the challenge he requires to cut it at Premier League level - a stick which is often used to beat youngsters for FA Cup failings.

The last year, though, has allowed him time to develop, learn and hone his ability in a system that looks ready-built for his skill set - something that cannot be ignored.

Promotion to the top flight of the Premier League 2 now means that there is no higher level for United’s Under-23s to ply their trade in England’s academy structure.

Leeds have a decision to make this summer - does Bielsa stick or twist?

A loan is a possibility, or another year close to the senior squad whilst playing the likes of Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal and others in the development ranks could be preferred.

And, who knows, maybe even a first-team bow.

“A lot of players have made their debuts over the past few years under Bielsa,” Drameh signed off last summer.

“I’m looking to add my name to that list. First and foremost I want to break into the first team and then, let’s see. The club has ambition - I want to win a few trophies while I’m here.”

A trophy? Tick. First-team involvement? It’ll come.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-under-23s-standout-ticks-trophy-off-wishlist-as-he-strives-for-premier-league-football-under-marcelo-bielsa-3209509

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #9 på: August 04, 2021, 18:27:11 »
Decent kamp - i alle fall førsteomgang av Cody i dag

EVERYTHINGLUFC
@everythinglufc_

Cody Drameh v Jong Ajax - Pre-Season Friendly 4/08/21  #LUFC

https://twitter.com/everythinglufc_/status/1422952509161750530?s=20
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #10 på: Oktober 26, 2021, 23:30:32 »
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

leedslife

Kickthemdown

« Svar #12 på: Oktober 27, 2021, 10:47:00 »
Bedre enn Ayling allerede.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #13 på: Oktober 27, 2021, 11:10:17 »
Debutant!!!

To minutter med debutanten...

https://twitter.com/estfooty/status/1453141796842770434?s=20
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

peacock

« Svar #14 på: Oktober 27, 2021, 13:46:11 »

Nei, langt igjen til hans nivå.

Kickthemdown

« Svar #15 på: Oktober 28, 2021, 01:19:24 »

Nei, langt igjen til hans nivå.
Haha er du seriøs ? Vi snakker om Luke Ayling ikke sant ? Startet sesongen forferdelig, sett bort fra goalen på OT, en kraftig oppskrytt spiller.

Milou

« Svar #16 på: Oktober 28, 2021, 04:51:24 »
Troll

Sent from my LYA-AL10 using Tapatalk

Kickthemdown

« Svar #17 på: Oktober 28, 2021, 07:56:45 »
Troll

Sent from my LYA-AL10 using Tapatalk
Tror ikke Drameh er et troll ? Er du ?

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #18 på: Oktober 31, 2021, 22:09:45 »
Cody:

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #19 på: November 08, 2021, 22:46:04 »
Han stiger fort i gradene nå, Cody.

Oppgradert fra England U20 til U21 - sammen med Charlie Cresswell. :)

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-news-cody-drameh-22107153
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

RoarG

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #21 på: Januar 14, 2022, 16:01:55 »
I utgangspunktet kunne dette utlånet virke som en ok idè. Han får spille for Leeds, men vil få flere minutter i Championship... Men på dagens presser er Bielsa tydelig på at han ville at Cody ble, men Cody ville dra. Og da står ikke Bielsa i veien...

Hay tok dette at face value og laget en sak på det (han 'leste mellom linjene' som han skriver).
https://theathletic.com/news/leeds-head-coach-marcelo-bielsa-insists-he-wanted-cody-drameh-to-stay-but-defender-asked-to-join-cardiff-on-loan/lkZCBCHu5CqA/

Og en del kan tyde på at Cody har tatt farvel med Leeds for godt, som det står i kommentarene under artikkelen:
He's unfollowed Leeds on Instagram and deleted all the pics of him in a Leeds kit. Looks like he's gone for good.

Drameh taken Leeds out his bio, deleted all his posts and unfollowed everything to do with Leeds other than Summerville, Bate and Miller. Talk about throwing your toys out of pram
https://twitter.com/SamBirdyy/status/1481972290900402184?s=20
« Siste redigering: Januar 14, 2022, 16:07:02 av Asbjørn »
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Eriksen55

« Svar #22 på: Januar 14, 2022, 16:09:26 »
Sånn jeg skjønte det så var Drameh sterk pådriver for å komme seg ut på lån.
Skjønner han godt. Benken på a og 30-45 min på u23 er neppe bra for utviklingen.

Når Ayling ble skadet hadde Bielsa mulighet til å kaste inn Drameh på hb i stedet for midtbanespiller Shackleton.

Blir ikke overrasket om flere går i sommer.

Tror og håper ikke. Men er Bielsa her neste sesong så håper jeg ikke Drameh har brent noen bruer.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #23 på: Januar 14, 2022, 16:10:22 »
Sånn jeg skjønte det så var Drameh sterk pådriver for å komme seg ut på lån.
Skjønner han godt. Benken på a og 30-45 min på u23 er neppe bra for utviklingen.

Når Ayling ble skadet hadde Bielsa mulighet til å kaste inn Drameh på hb i stedet for midtbanespiller Shackleton.

Blir ikke overrasket om flere går i sommer.

Tror og håper ikke. Men er Bielsa her neste sesong så håper jeg ikke Drameh har brent noen bruer.

Har ikke problemer med å skjønne Drameh, men synd om han brenner alle broer...
Virker heldigvis som det er et media team som styrer instaen hans - har visst vært mye rart, poster et innlegg, sletter det like etterpå...
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

HåvardK

« Svar #24 på: Januar 14, 2022, 19:48:05 »
Det finnes vel flere unggutter som trenger veiledning på mediehåndtering, for å si det forsiktig. Jeg antar at Drameh har oppfattet at han er bak Shackleton i køen, og tar konsekvensen av det. Som eriksen55 er inne på, håper jeg virkelig at de beste av våre andre unggutter ikke trekker lignende slutninger. I tilfelle er jo de siste års transferpolitikk en tragedie.

baste

« Svar #25 på: Januar 14, 2022, 23:16:13 »
Skivebom av Drameh.. men han bestemmer jo selv hvor han vil spille fotball.
Startet vel mot Arsenal, ville fått mer spilletid.
Og når Bielsa ønsker at han skal bli, så er det jo ikke bra at han velger å dra.

Bielsa er ingen enkel mann å få mot seg…

Synd… men side before self !

MOT

leedslife

« Svar #26 på: Januar 14, 2022, 23:26:42 »
Blir spennende å følge han neste halvåret

raggen

« Svar #27 på: Januar 14, 2022, 23:30:04 »
hvis det er slik at cody føler han er langt bak i køa så er det vel noe vi har advart mot tidligere i forhold til det at de får lov å prøve seg de unge talentene som hentes inn.
Hjelper ikke å hente all verdens talenter om de ikke får sjansen.. da kan det fort at de nye fremtidige talenter velger bort leeds når de ser hvor vanskelig det er å få sjansen. hadde jeg selv satt på leeds benken og sett spiller i min posisjon bli skadet men istedenfor å få sjansen så blir det byttet internt først eller så er 2 midtbane spillere før meg i køa. gir ingen gode signaler og forstår at drameh vil ha regelmessig spilletid. Håper bare at det ikke er noe i det at han har fått i bielsa "imot" seg
Forever Leeds United!!!!!!!!

Eriksen55

« Svar #28 på: Januar 15, 2022, 01:37:29 »
Og når Bielsa ønsker at han skal bli, så er det jo ikke bra at han velger å dra.

MOT

Ville fått mer? Han har knapt fått spilletid når Ayling og Shackleton har vært ute. Nå er Ayling tilbake. Han er fjerdevalg og to av de foran er midtbanespillere.

Skjønner han godt. Han må tenke på sin karriere og han må spille kamper. I Leeds gjorde han knapt det. Noen minutter på Alaget og noen minutter på u23. Håpløs bruk av en Engelsk u21 landslagsspiller. Burde vært klink backup for Ayling.
Noen mener han ikke har prestert veldig bra. Stemmer det. Det har ytterst få i Leeds gjort i år. Da er det tungt å være unggutt når de etablerte svikter. Det betyr ikke at Drameh ikke er et stort talent. Tror Leeds sitter/satt på en diamant. At han ikke er fornøyd og vil videre der han får spille viser styrke i min bok. Tør å ta tøffe valg. Tiden vil vise hvor bra han blir.

Presterer han bra i CC så gagner det Leeds, hvis han vil tilbake da..

HåvardK

« Svar #29 på: Januar 15, 2022, 06:09:02 »

MOT

Ville fått mer? Han har knapt fått spilletid når Ayling og Shackleton har vært ute. Nå er Ayling tilbake. Han er fjerdevalg og to av de foran er midtbanespillere.

Skjønner han godt. Han må tenke på sin karriere og han må spille kamper. I Leeds gjorde han knapt det. Noen minutter på Alaget og noen minutter på u23. Håpløs bruk av en Engelsk u21 landslagsspiller. Burde vært klink backup for Ayling.
Noen mener han ikke har prestert veldig bra. Stemmer det. Det har ytterst få i Leeds gjort i år. Da er det tungt å være unggutt når de etablerte svikter. Det betyr ikke at Drameh ikke er et stort talent. Tror Leeds sitter/satt på en diamant. At han ikke er fornøyd og vil videre der han får spille viser styrke i min bok. Tør å ta tøffe valg. Tiden vil vise hvor bra han blir.

Presterer han bra i CC så gagner det Leeds, hvis han vil tilbake da..
Leste akkurat Bielsas kommentar om overgangen i YEP. Virker som om alle bruer er brent mellom disse to. Hvis Drameh skal få flere kamper i Leeds-trøya, er det under en annen sjef.
Signalene til andre i samme situasjon er også krystallklar. Tenker du i det hele tatt tanken på å lånes ut for å få spilletid, er toget gått.