Skrevet av Emne: Utlånt spiller: Sam Greenwood  (Lest 8746 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

RoarG

Utlånt spiller: Sam Greenwood
« på: August 28, 2020, 10:20:36 »
Den unge spissen, Sam Greenwood (19), melder permanent overgang til Leeds. Dette i følge Arsenals hjemmesider. U-23 laget mest sannsynlige destinasjon? Eller sender Bielsa han rett inn i A-lagstroppen? Time will show. Velkommen til Leeds skal du i alle fall være, Sam.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/sam-greenwood-joins-leeds-united
« Siste redigering: August 31, 2023, 17:45:24 av Hallgeir * »
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Fantasyland

Sv: Ny ung spiller: Sam Greenwood
« Svar #1 på: August 28, 2020, 10:23:50 »
Den unge spissen, Sam Greenwood (19), melder permanent overgang til Leeds. Dette i følge Arsenals hjemmesider. U-23 laget mest sannsynlige destinasjon? Eller sender Bielsa han rett inn i A-lagstroppen? Time will show. Velkommen til Leeds skal du i alle fall være, Sam.

Definitivt U-23. Hay har skrevet en god artikkel om rekrutteringen her: https://theathletic.co.uk/2013180/2020/08/24/leeds-academy-recruitment-bielsa/

Fantasyland

« Svar #2 på: August 28, 2020, 10:35:50 »

Definitivt U-23. Hay har skrevet en god artikkel om rekrutteringen her: https://theathletic.co.uk/2013180/2020/08/24/leeds-academy-recruitment-bielsa/

https://twitter.com/lufc/status/1299261812228190208?s=21

auren

« Svar #3 på: August 28, 2020, 10:44:13 »
Ny, ung spennende spiller som kan slå gjennom i PL om få år.

Velkommen Sam!  :)

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Bromancer

« Svar #4 på: August 28, 2020, 11:49:38 »
Offisielt fra oss også nå  :D

Leeds United are pleased to announce the arrival of Sam Greenwood from fellow Premier League outfit Arsenal for an undisclosed fee.
The 18-year-old has signed a three-year contract at Elland Road, running until the summer of 2023.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #5 på: August 28, 2020, 15:05:37 »
LUFCDATA
@LUFCDATA

Sam Greenwood: “I'm a striker, both footed. I like to make runs in behind and I like to run at defenders, find half a yard and get my shots off. My target is to try and make a breakthrough, make a name for myself in front of the Leeds fans and kick on basically." #LUFC

https://twitter.com/carlos061181/status/1299308960550445057?s=20
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #6 på: August 28, 2020, 15:22:01 »
Vet ikke om det står noen steder her, men han rejected altså Mænju og kom til oss - fordi han så en 'clearer pathway to the first team' :)
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

NT

« Svar #7 på: August 28, 2020, 16:18:45 »
Vet ikke om det står noen steder her, men han rejected altså Mænju og kom til oss - fordi han så en 'clearer pathway to the first team' :)

Skal vi ikke også velge å tro at disse talentfulle unge, forstår at hos Bielsa kan de faktisk lære noe helt unikt, en fotballinnsikt som gjør de klokere som spillere. Jeg er i allefall helt sikker på at Solskjær og mange look-a-likes trenere
aldri ville klart å snu Leeds slik Bielsa har gjort. Dette appellerer nok til de lærevillige yngre

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #8 på: August 28, 2020, 16:59:47 »
...en liten hilsen fra Bill hører med :D

Luke Ayling
@lukeayling_8

Can’t wait to bore him with my ‘when I was at Arsenal’ stories
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #10 på: August 28, 2020, 19:56:44 »
Kalvin Phillips helping Leeds United to sell Elland Road dream to young talent like Sam Greenwood from Arsenal
Come to Leeds, where the football is Premier League, the head coach is worshipped worldwide and international football abounds.
By Graham Smyth  Friday, 28th August 2020, 12:06 pm

The Whites could produce quite the brochure, this summer, to sell an Elland Road move to young players around the UK and Europe.

Top flight status, Marcelo Bielsa's presence, a proven pathway from the youth ranks to the first team, a Category 1 academy, regular training pitch involvement with the senior side and a 23s team that plays in the image of the bigger boys - what's not to like?

Sam Greenwood was sold the dream package even before the last page of the brochure was written this week, with a first ever England call up for Kalvin Phillips.

The homegrown defensive midfielder was included in the Three Lions squad for their Nations League fixtures against Iceland and Denmark, completing a remarkable journey from local grassroots football to the very highest level.

Unlike his newest team-mate, signed today officially from the Gunners, Phillips has no international youth experience and has not spent two years in the system of a top Premier League club. But his career is still something to aspire to for the highly-rated academy recruit because Phillips is the living, kicking proof that you can make it from the Thorp Arch turf to the top.

At Leeds United, dreams can come true.

"I cannot wait to get started. It is such a big club and it is exciting times for the club," said Greenwood, one of a clutch of new faces in the 2020/21 and beyond Under 23s squad being assembled by head of emerging talent Craig Dean.

"For me, it seems like it has such a good pathway for young players to come through. It is such an exciting manager and the fans are special.

"I look up to players like Kalvin Phillips all the time - he has broken into the England squad and it is a very proud moment for him and I am sure he will be over the moon with that and something I would love to do in the future."

Leeds felt Greenwood has enough talent to warrant an undisclosed but six-figure-with-potential-to-rise investment. Two footed, with the ability to play out wide or up front, his youth career and profile hints at the versatility and skill set an attacker needs as a foundation, in order to be moulded into the kind of player Bielsa can use.

The former Sunderland youngster felt now was a good time to make a move back up north, closer to home. Joining the Whites at a time when they are on the verge of reintroducing themselves to the top flight helped too, no doubt.

"Arsenal is a great club and I have met some great people along the way, but for me in my career, it is perfect time to come to Leeds and kick on now," he said.

"My target is to hopefully try and make a breakthrough and hopefully make a name for myself among the Leeds fans and kick on.

"I started at Sunderland and got the move to Arsenal. Now I have come here, I feel like I relate to these people. Obviously, Sunderland is a working-class area similar to Leeds and I think I will fit in at this kind of environment perfectly.

"I am a striker who is both footed and like to make runs in behind and like to run at defenders and find half a yard and get my shots off."

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/kalvin-phillips-helping-leeds-united-sell-elland-road-dream-young-talent-sam-greenwood-arsenal-2955657
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Russel_Doig

« Svar #11 på: August 29, 2020, 07:06:46 »
Ny, ung spennende spiller som kan slå gjennom i PL om få år.

Velkommen Sam!  :)

auren

Både Sam Greenwood og Joe Gelhardt er begge gamle nok til å kjøre bil allerede. Eg håper og tror at vi får se dei i PL kommende sesong for SÅ ung er dei ikkje.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #12 på: September 07, 2020, 17:58:16 »
Han er i gang :)

LeedsYouth
@LeedsYouth

Sam Greenwood's goal for #LUFC U23s against Manchester City on Friday! Soccer ball  #LeedsYouth
https://twitter.com/LeedsYouth/status/1302998575610298368?s=20
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #13 på: Oktober 12, 2020, 22:27:02 »
Med 5 mål i september var det vel ingen bombe at Greenwood vant Premier League 2 player of the month award for September.

Jeg tror det må være veldig vanskelig å få intervjuet Leeds-spillere. Igjen, på landslagsoppdrag så får man dem i tale, denne gang www.premierleague.com

Jeg liker at han trekker frem vennskapet med Joffy Gelhardt - fryktet litt det var prestisje om å være best mellom dem...

Whites hotshot Sam Greenwood hails synergy with fellow Leeds United youngster after scooping award
YOUNG Leeds United forward Sam Greenwood hailed his bond with Whites team-mate Joe Gelhardt after scooping the Premier League 2 player of the month award for September.
By Lee Sobot Monday, 12th October 2020, 4:30 pm

Greenwood joined Leeds from Arsenal during the summer and the 18-year-old striker has made an immediate impact for United's under-23s by scoring four goals in his opening three Division Two games.

The teenager first netted in a 2-2 draw against Wolverhampton Wanderers and then slammed in a hat-trick as Mark Jackson's Whites beat Sunderland 3-1 for their first win of the new campaign.

The young White beat off competition from a shortlist which also featured Scott Banks, Josh Bowler, Mitchell Clark, Brooklyn Lyons-Foster, James McAtee and Liam Millar to secure the award but Greenwood paid tribute to another young Leeds star for his help in his success.

As part of a busy summer recruiting young talent for the future, Greenwood's arrival came nearly three weeks after the Whites had already signed fellow 18-year-old forward Gelhardt from Wigan Athletic - a player Greenwood had already formed both a friendship and playing partnership with whilst representing England's youth teams.

The pair are both part of the current England under-19s set up and both have also played for the Three Lions under 16s, 17s and 18s.

"I knew 'Joffy' (Gelhardt) for a while before I came here with the England set-up and we work together really well," said Greenwood, speaking to www.premierleague.com

"We’re good friends on and off the pitch so we just need to keep going.

"I'm delighted with the award.

"I think I did well for the start of my Leeds journey and hopefully I can just carry that on from now."

Reflecting on his treble against Sunderland, Greenwood said: "I did well and the lads did well as well.

"It was a great team performance and we need to keep pushing as a team. That's the most important thing."

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/whites-hotshot-sam-greenwood-hails-synergy-fellow-leeds-united-youngster-after-scooping-award-3000902
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Cherry

« Svar #14 på: Oktober 13, 2020, 15:54:38 »
Greenwood ser virkelig giftig ut ift avslutninger!
Håper han får ett innhopp om ikke altfor lenge/etterhvert....selv om det er langt fra U-lag til PL kamp/tempo/motstandere- kvalitet.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #15 på: Oktober 16, 2020, 19:48:47 »
Kjipt!

LEEDS United's under-23s fell to a 3-2 defeat at Premier League 2 hosts Reading after learning that striker Sam Greenwood is facing up to four weeks out with an ankle injury.

(YEP)
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #16 på: Februar 17, 2021, 15:27:52 »
Ser ut som det bare postes om Greenwood når han er skadet :O

I mellomtiden har han debutert for førstelaget (FA-cupen).

Han måtte stå over mandagens U23-kamp men er visst allerede tilbake på treningsfeltet.

Lufcyouth
@leedsutdacademy

Positive news on Sam Greenwood, as it looks like he has returned to training this afternoon, after missing the U23’s 3-0 victory against Reading on Monday!

Huge boost for the U23’sFlexed biceps  #LUFC
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #17 på: Februar 18, 2021, 13:46:49 »
Phil's at it again

https://theathletic.co.uk/2383702/2021/02/18/greenwood-and-gelhardt-two-friends-fighting-it-out-to-make-it-as-leeds-no-9/

“The thing about Sam,” says Paul Bryson, “is that you couldn’t get rid of him.” Greenwood’s old academy coach at Sunderland is complimenting him, not criticising him. The striker was a permanent fixture at Sunderland’s training ground, as if there was nowhere else for him to be. It got to the stage where Bryson worried about Greenwood getting too little rest or struggling to switch off.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #19 på: Oktober 19, 2021, 16:47:14 »
Sam Greenwood, spiss eller midtbanemann???

Han ankom som spiss. Men Leeds kjøpte jo Joffy bare noen uker senere og begge kunne ikke være spiss  på U23. I starten vekslet de litt men det tok ikke lang tid før Greenwood ble prøvd lenger tilbake på banen.
Ikke at jeg mener Greenwood skulle foretrekkes foran Joffy som spiss, men jegvet ikke helt om løsningen er å gjøre ham om til en midtbanespiller.
Vil Greenwood selv være fornøyd med det, eller vil ahn søke seg vekk for å få spille spiss?

Time will show.

Her forklarer i det minste Mark Jackson tankegangen bak gårsdagens prioritering, der selv vingen Amari Miller ble foretrukket som spiss foran Greenwood:

Speaking to LeedsLive after the 4-2 defeat, Jackson cleared up his team selection, which saw summer signing Amari Miller handed the No. 9 shirt, despite England U20 striker Sam Greenwood also being named in the starting XI.

"Sam in that No. 10 position, he's really growing into it," he said.

"Players need to play multiple positions, we know that and it just felt right that in the first half with the personnel we had on the pitch, we thought it would be more [impactful] to have Amari as a 9 and Sam making them runs forward. He got his goal from arriving late into the box, so like I say there were elements to our play which we executed well in the first half.

Upon arriving at Thorp Arch, Greenwood was billed as a promising young striker, but over the past 12 months has been developed into a high-pressing, hard-working No. 10 possessing bite as well as an eye for goal.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-u23s-greenwood-trial-21898082
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Hallgeir *

« Svar #20 på: Desember 29, 2021, 20:31:14 »
Nærmer seg utlån til Swansea...... (eller blir overgangen permanent?)

https://www.leedsallover.com/report-leeds-united-close-to-agreeing-transfer-exit-for-recent-debutant/

Super Leeds since 1968

ibster

« Svar #21 på: Desember 29, 2021, 23:55:39 »
Beste frisparkfoten i klubben siden Snoddy?

HåvardK

« Svar #22 på: Desember 30, 2021, 12:19:12 »
Virker særledes ufornuftig å la noen som helst gå, selv om han trenger seniorfotball.

auren

« Svar #23 på: Desember 30, 2021, 12:26:52 »
Beste frisparkfoten i klubben siden Snoddy?

Det han har bevist på U-23 er ihvertfall ekstremt imponerende. Men så er det jo et knepp opp og to til seniorfotball.

Jeg synes et utlån her er positivt. Snart kommer det en god del spillere tilbake fra skade, og jeg tipper vi kommer til å signere 1-2 spillere i januar. Jeg har ikke helt den store troen på Greenwood dessverre. Tviler på at han blir særlig mer enn benkefyll i Swansea.

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

leedslife

« Svar #24 på: Desember 30, 2021, 12:48:24 »
Bare å låne ut. Raskere han får prøvd seg på et nivå han kanskje mestrer jo bedre er det.

HåvardK

« Svar #25 på: Desember 30, 2021, 15:48:08 »
Bare å låne ut. Raskere han får prøvd seg på et nivå han kanskje mestrer jo bedre er det.
Syns han har vist at han kan prestere på PL-nivå ut fra det lille jeg har sett. Bedre alternativ enn Klich som 10-er (men skjønner jo at det ikke vil skje så fremt ikke Klich blir skadet).

ibster

« Svar #26 på: Desember 30, 2021, 18:47:51 »
Joffy var/er helt klart stjerna på u23 laget men han og greenwood sammen var virkelig en giftig duo i fjor. I tillegg til at han sikkert skaffer 3-10 målpoeng per sesong på dødball. Et utlån er fint om han får førstelagsfotball men håper han er klar for preseason med førstelaget neste år.

leedslife

« Svar #27 på: Desember 30, 2021, 19:28:29 »
Syns han har vist at han kan prestere på PL-nivå ut fra det lille jeg har sett. Bedre alternativ enn Klich som 10-er (men skjønner jo at det ikke vil skje så fremt ikke Klich blir skadet).
Synes han har sett svak ut. Langt fra klar. Samme kan sies om Klich da. Ser ut som han gjorde seg ferdig i CC.
Få inn bedre spillere/bredde på a laget og la ungdom med ok potensiale utvikle seg på arenaer 1 nivå under.

Behold Gelhart og Creswell. Av det jeg har sett så har de mentaliteten og ferdighetene nå. Greenwood, Drameh, Summerville er nok ikke i nærheten av de to pr nå. Ut på lån. Erfaring, mestringsfølelse og utvikling

TK20

« Svar #28 på: Desember 30, 2021, 21:16:00 »

Han har vel bare hatt et par innhopp, uten å utrette noe som helst?

HåvardK

« Svar #29 på: Januar 01, 2022, 11:25:45 »

Han har vel bare hatt et par innhopp, uten å utrette noe som helst?
Det stemmer. Samtidig er det andre offensive spillere hos oss som har spilt timesvis med fotball uten å utrette noe som helst.