Skrevet av Emne: Ex-spiller: Raphinha - Raphael Dias Belloli  (Lest 41129 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Buddy

Sv: Ny spiller: Raphinha - Raphael Dias Belloli
« Svar #31 på: Mars 05, 2021, 20:52:30 »
Raphinha er nominert til månadens spelar i PL.

https://plpotm.easports.com/?fbclid=IwAR2FwPR1ZYnXr7PVC82SLny_nagltiJXp0re2c8n0LSmD3SOoJ0QNKiJO5k
I entusiasme stemte jeg på Raffe.
Nå lurer jeg på om det egentlig var så lurt...

Blank_File

Sv: Spiller: Raphinha - Raphael Dias Belloli
« Svar #32 på: Mars 06, 2021, 03:05:48 »
Sør-Amerikanere har vel ikke rykte på seg for å være veldig lojale. Jeg tror vi fort kan miste Raphinha allerede i sommer. Dersom Raphinha fortsetter å levere på det nivået han har gjort ut sesongen, får vi bud i halv milliard klassen. Klarer vi å si nei til det? Det virker dog som at Radrizzani har så stor respekt for Bielsa, at jeg har et håp om at han kan sette ned foten.

Lojalitet fungerer vel begge veier? Hvis klubben får tilbud som du nevner i halv milliard klassen og sier ja, er vi da mer eller mindre lojal ovenfor spilleren, klubben har jo en kontrakt å forholde seg til de også?
Og kan vi egentlig klandre den ene eller andre siden? Hvis vi casher inn 300/400millioner kronner i løpet av et år pga han, og han høyst sannsynligvis vil doble/tredoble sin egen inntekt.

Når det er sagt håper jeg som du at vi ikke selger han om noen byr. Det må jo bli veldig høy pris vel? Mtp hvor lang kontrakt han har igjen, og at han har bevist at han duger på nivået her
Jo, men vi er enige om det med lojaliteten. Poenget mitt var bare at Sør Amerikanere ikke finner seg en klubb og blir der. Jeg er derfor forberedt på at Raphinha reiser fra oss allerede i sommer.

Perik

« Svar #33 på: Mars 06, 2021, 18:18:22 »
Sør-Amerikanere har vel ikke rykte på seg for å være veldig lojale. Jeg tror vi fort kan miste Raphinha allerede i sommer. Dersom Raphinha fortsetter å levere på det nivået han har gjort ut sesongen, får vi bud i halv milliard klassen. Klarer vi å si nei til det? Det virker dog som at Radrizzani har så stor respekt for Bielsa, at jeg har et håp om at han kan sette ned foten.

Lojalitet fungerer vel begge veier? Hvis klubben får tilbud som du nevner i halv milliard klassen og sier ja, er vi da mer eller mindre lojal ovenfor spilleren, klubben har jo en kontrakt å forholde seg til de også?
Og kan vi egentlig klandre den ene eller andre siden? Hvis vi casher inn 300/400millioner kronner i løpet av et år pga han, og han høyst sannsynligvis vil doble/tredoble sin egen inntekt.

Når det er sagt håper jeg som du at vi ikke selger han om noen byr. Det må jo bli veldig høy pris vel? Mtp hvor lang kontrakt han har igjen, og at han har bevist at han duger på nivået her
Jo, men vi er enige om det med lojaliteten. Poenget mitt var bare at Sør Amerikanere ikke finner seg en klubb og blir der. Jeg er derfor forberedt på at Raphinha reiser fra oss allerede i sommer.
Vi håper begge du tar feil 😊
Skal ikke uttale meg for mye om sør amerikanske spillere for mye, men hadde ett annet sykehus tilbudt meg tre ganger hva jeg tjener nå hadde oppsigelse vært sendt inn ikveld 😁

Blank_File

« Svar #34 på: Mars 07, 2021, 01:28:02 »

Vi håper begge du tar feil
Skal ikke uttale meg for mye om sør amerikanske spillere for mye, men hadde ett annet sykehus tilbudt meg tre ganger hva jeg tjener nå hadde oppsigelse vært sendt inn ikveld
Nettopp!

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #35 på: Mars 10, 2021, 16:44:46 »
Flere detaljer fra Victor Orta om hvordan Raphael Dias Belloli havnet i Leeds :)

'I want him, I want him' - Victor Orta reveals story behind Leeds United's Raphinha capture and ends transfer gossip
The Whites sporting director has been discussing Leeds United winger Raphinha.

By Joe Urquhart  Tuesday, 9th March 2021, 12:41 pm

Leeds United have had no approaches for winger Raphinha and would not welcome any, according to Elland Road sporting director Victor Orta.

The Whites are currently playing out their first Premier League campaign for 16 years under Marcelo Bielsa following promotion from the Championship last summer.

United splashed out around £100m in transfer fees amid preparations for top flight football, breaking their transfer record to land the signature of Valencia forward Rodrigo (£27m).

Deadline day signing Raphinha, though, has been one of the captures of the season - not just in West Yorkshire but across the Premier League as a whole.

Leeds parted with £17m for his services from French outfit Stade Rennes and have had a return of five goals and five assists in just 19 starts.

The 24-year-old is fast becoming a fan favourite in LS11 due to his trickery, fast flowing style and unpredictable nature. The Brazilian's adaptation to England's top division has been so swift that the Premier League rumour mill has already kicked into gear over his future.

Reports from abroad last week suggested the wide man was on the radar of arch rivals Manchester United - despite Raphinha signing a four-year contract last summer - while Liverpool have also previously been linked.

Raphinha himself spoke out about his happiness with the Whites recently while his agent - Deco - also reiterated belief that he felt his client had settled well at the club following his transfer to England last September.

Orta - who was speaking to BBC Radio Leeds - quickly dispelled any transfer chatter involving the Brazilian, revealing it is completely premature.

"To be clear we have not had any approach for Raphinha. We would not welcome one," Orta said.

"It’s only for clickbait and to create business for the websites. We are really, really happy and we believe he’s a player that’s a substantial part of the project – and more now when there’s still a lot of things to do.

Orta added: "We know the player a lot of years ago - I need to highlight my scouting department. They highlighted him when he was 18 in a tournament in Brazil. One of our scouts travelled by car each month at least one weekend to watch him [in Portugal].

"I don't want to take any credit because it's a lot of people around me to create the information.

"It's true that I remember I was one Saturday in the centre of Leeds and I received a phone call from the agent of Raphinha [Deco].

"He said for difficult reasons to explain Raphinha is available. It was a moment at the end of the market. We were trying for the loan of Daniel James until the last moment. I felt that was the moment to react.

"I remember perfect. I started speaking in Spanish and nobody understood around me. I say 'I want him, I want him'.

"With the knowledge of the player from six years ago, I didn't need to review the situation. My only doubt was 'what's happened?'

"It was explained when it was internal, political reasons about new players arriving in France. They needed to create room - he was the only player they could sell."

Orta also spoke of his surprise at United's ability to land Raphinha, after being told a definitive 'no' during tentative enquiries for his services.

"It was strange because they [Stade Rennes] were in the Champions League," he added.

"The first time I called Deco for Raphinha was in May. He told me 'Victor, he's not available for a lot of reasons'. Rennes was going to the Champions League. It's true they also only have one year there, long contract and then Deco and another person said he wasn't available. So I never called again.

"Then they remember our first approach. It's a player we discussed before with Marcelo [Bielsa]. I remember at the beginning of lockdown that we discuss a lot of names. He [Bielsa] has a lot of information from France in his period there.

"We talked about him and he asked me my opinion. It's true his adaptation has been impressive. Normally it needs time. Perhaps the new signings will be better in the second year, but I don't predict.

"The real credit is with my scouting department that highlighted them. They deserve the credit. They are behind the scenes and are really important."

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/i-want-him-i-want-him-victor-orta-reveals-story-behind-leeds-uniteds-raphinha-capture-and-ends-transfer-gossip-3159440

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Blank_File

« Svar #36 på: Mars 10, 2021, 18:21:11 »
Veldig spennende artikkel Asbjørn. Takk for deling.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #37 på: Mars 31, 2021, 11:35:26 »
Som de fleste andre, drømmer Raphinha om å spille på landslaget for landet sitt, Seleção som laget heter på typisk brasiliansk vis.

Men har han noen sjanse til det, er han nærme???

Det har èg lurt på...

Det lurte Leeds-Live også på, og spurte Rafael Reis, en international football columnist based in Brazil writing for Universo Online, one of the country’s biggest news providers.

Tja, er svaret, landslagssjefen er en 'konservativ type' som stort sett velger den samme troppen hver gang. Og brasiliansk presse er ikke spesielt opptatt av Raphinha.

Men slik var det for Roberto Firminho lenge også, og han klarte å komme på landslaget - til slutt...

Og klarer han det ikke, har han mulighet til å velge Italia også :o

Raphinha must follow Roberto Firmino's lead to achieve his childhood Brazil dream
There has been no doubt about Raphinha's impact in the Premier League with Leeds United and while he works towards that dream Brazil debut there is more to overcome than just talented compatriots

Raphinha need only look as far as Liverpool for any inspiration he needs in smashing down the door for that elusive Brazil debut.

The 24-year-old has been winning hearts and minds at Leeds United for several months now, encapsulating the quality this club is now rubbing shoulders with on a weekly basis.

Raphinha has delivered performances far beyond anything the Whites faithful has seen for the best part of 20 years and, naturally, curiosity around his international status has grown.

The selection history of the Brazil national team is not something anyone connected with United has had to concern themselves with for quite some time, so there are questions about how close Raphinha really is to pulling on that famous shirt.
Rafael Reis is an international football columnist based in Brazil writing for Universo Online, one of the country’s biggest news providers.

Speaking to LeedsLive , Reis references the example of Roberto Firmino as someone who was off the national team’s radar for many years while he built his reputation in Europe with Hoffenheim.

Firmino began in Brazil with Figueirense, ironically the bitter rivals of Avai, the club Raphinha began with in the same city, Florianopolis.

Neither is a heralded name in Brazil, which can be a problem for players trying to make their name further down the line.

“Brazil isn't living a "Raphinhamania" because there is a great prejudice here with players who didn't stand out on the local football before going to Europe,” said Reis.

Firmino moved to Germany when he was 19 and it would take the best part of four years of regular football in the Bundesliga before he was finally given his first cap.

The Liverpool forward played so well on such a consistent basis, the national set-up could not ignore him anymore.

Reis sees Raphinha breaking down that barrier in the same way at Leeds in the Premier League.

“Brazilians usually have a distrust of players who have not played in large clubs in Brazil,” he said. “I don't see many media, experts or pundits looking at Raphinha.

“I think that's because he didn't play in a big club here in Brazil. So, he's off their radar.

“I believe that will change. Firmino is an example of someone who broke this wall.”

Reis himself has been very impressed with Raphinha and felt he had an outside chance of selection during this international break, had Brazil’s fixtures not been cancelled because of the pandemic.

While he ranks Raphinha above recent call-ups like Ajax’s David Neres or Real Madrid’s Vinicius Junior and Rodrygo, Reis sees the national coach Tite as a barrier too.

“Tite's conservatism is the first reason [why Raphinha has not played yet],” he said. “The Brazilian coach doesn't usually make many experiences in his calls and likes to always call the same players.

“The pandemic didn't help Raphinha either. He might have been called up for the March FIFA dates, but Brazil's games have been cancelled.”

He added: “Many people believed Raphinha would be in the March call. He plays in a position where Brazil has many options.

“At the moment he is better than Vinícius Júnior, Rodrygo and David Neres, for example.”

Raphinha is also eligible to play for Italy, but himself admitted playing for Brazil would be an honour in a recent interview with LUTV.

Reis does not see any concerns about Raphinha switching allegiance, but references Thiago Alcantara and Diego Costa as examples of players Brazil should have pinned down before they played for Spain.

“Brazilians believe Seleção (their national team) is Raphinha's first option and he will only play for Italy if he realises he will not really have a chance with Tite,” said Reis.

“Cases like those of Thiago and Diego Costa show Brazil is better off not waiting and calling him as soon as possible.”

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/raphinha-roberto-firmino-brazil-dream-20291178
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #38 på: April 07, 2021, 21:48:32 »
Raphinha-intervju i FourFourTwo

20 minutter på seg, vil du joine Leeds!!!

Her i et utdrag fra Leeds-Live

The 20-minute Champions League decision Raphinha had to make before Leeds United transfer
Raphinha has revealed that he had just 20 minutes to make up his mind over a move to Leeds United in the summer window

By Joe MewisLeeds United editor 15:00, 7 APR 2021UPDATED16:06, 7 APR 2021
Raphinha had just 20 minutes to decide if he wanted to join Leeds United

Raphinha says he had just 20 minutes to decide whether or not to join Leeds United this summer after he first heard of the club's interest.

The Brazilian winger has been a huge success at Elland Road since he completed a £17million deadline day move from French side Rennes in October, in a deal which was put through a breakneck pace.

The 24-year-old's final appearance for Rennes came on Sunday, October 4 when he netted an equaliser against Reims just over 24 hours before the window shut.

As Raphinha explains, a tough choice had to be made at speed.

"Well, if I said it was a simple decision I'd be lying," he says in the new issue of FourFourTwo. "It was definitely a tough decision. And I had 20 minutes to give my answer! Pretty complicated, right?

"On the one hand, I'd just helped Rennes reach the Champions League for the first time in their history, and it would have been brilliant to take part in that unique campaign. On the other hand, I had the offer from a traditional, huge club like Leeds, who were also enjoying great momentum having returned to the Premier League."

Raphinha was Leeds' final signing of the summer window, his arrival completing a £100million spending spree as the club acted decisively to ensure that Marcelo Bielsa had the tools to compete in the Premier League.

It was the pull of Elland Road and the Premier League over the opportunity to play Champions League football that was at the centre of Raphniha's decision in that 20-minute period, as a private jet waited in the wings.

"It was matchday, and I was playing a league game for Rennes," he continues. "After the final whistle, the president and a couple of directors told me to join them in a room at the stadium,. It was the first time I'd heard about a transfer, but they said if I wanted to join Leeds there was a private jet waiting for me to go to England, so I could undergo a medical there and sign the contract. It was the last few hours of that transfer window, which is why we had to do everything in a rush.

So, yeah... 20 minutes. I talked to my parents, I talked to my agent, I thought about the pros and cons and then said yes. It was a chance to fulfill my dream of playing English football, and doing it with a big club like Leeds."

The deal was quickly done and confirmed shortly before the October 5 deadline and Raphinha has wasted little time in making himself an indispensable part of Leeds United's Premier League side, turning out 25 times for the Whites, scoring six times and providing six assists.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-raphinha-champions-league-20337194
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #39 på: April 07, 2021, 23:01:09 »

Vi husker jo ryktene i Frankrike om at Raphinha gråt fordi han måtte forlate Rennes - tipper det handler om at de 20 intense minuttene der valget måtte gjøres var følelsesladde for Raphael :)
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

auren

« Svar #40 på: April 07, 2021, 23:11:31 »

Vi husker jo ryktene i Frankrike om at Raphinha gråt fordi han måtte forlate Rennes - tipper det handler om at de 20 intense minuttene der valget måtte gjøres var følelsesladde for Raphael :)

Ryktene sa jo at han var klar for Leeds forut for kampen. Likevel spilte han. Høres nesten utrolig ut at han først hørte om interessen etter kampen og hadde altså 20 (!) minutter å bestemme seg på. Det er jo helt vilt!

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

TK20

« Svar #41 på: April 10, 2021, 21:07:28 »
Kjemperask med ball, driblesterk, godt skudd og noen helt glimrende gjennombruddspasninger. For en verktøykasse! I dag synes jeg han spilte sin beste kamp for oss.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #42 på: April 10, 2021, 21:40:46 »
Heldigvis 9 dager til neste kamp...

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

lowfields

« Svar #43 på: April 10, 2021, 21:49:59 »
Bor Raphinha på hotell eller har han sett for mye på Kompani Lauritzen og har brettekanter på putetrekket....?
"Welcome to, arguably, the noisiest ground in England"

raggen

« Svar #44 på: April 10, 2021, 23:16:21 »
så ikke god ut den smellen han fikk men du verden for en spiller vi har i raphina.. ser lekende lett ut til tider når han går forbi spillere. Blir viktig og få med han og bielsa til neste sesong og bygge videre på dette eventyret
Forever Leeds United!!!!!!!!

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #45 på: April 12, 2021, 14:17:06 »
Her er hele (?) det omtalte intervjuet i FourFourTwo.
Litt mer detaljer i det enn dte som hittil er publisert - bl.a. om hvrdan han syns det er å bli coachet av Bielsa. :)

“In a big squad, some guys naturally don’t get as much game time as they’d like, and it would be easy for them to feel a little bit down. But then Bielsa comes to talk to them, explains his reasons and keeps everyone motivated. Some people don’t appreciate the importance of that, but I do. Sometimes players need this attention and the support of their leader.”

“In football, the coach is often a father figure for players – he wants to get the very best out of them, but cares as well. It’s not a cold relationship, and that’s definitely the case with Bielsa. It’s easy to work with him.”

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/raphinha-exclusive-i-had-20-minutes-to-decide-whether-or-not-to-join-leeds-but-it-was-the-chance-to-fulfil-my-dream
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

NT

« Svar #46 på: April 12, 2021, 14:33:09 »
Bor Raphinha på hotell eller har han sett for mye på Kompani Lauritzen og har brettekanter på putetrekket....?
Det er jo innført bra disiplin i laget, så du skal ikke se bort ifra at det praktiseres brettekanter. Tror faktisk ikke jeg ville blitt overasket :)

Stut og Fjærkre

« Svar #47 på: April 12, 2021, 14:42:35 »
Det er jo innført bra disiplin i laget, så du skal ikke se bort ifra at det praktiseres brettekanter. Tror faktisk ikke jeg ville blitt overasket :)

Usikker på hva som er mest skremmende: Å få sengestrekken inspisert av Marcello eller fenriken?

asLeeds

« Svar #48 på: April 23, 2021, 09:19:55 »
Hva er siste nytt om skaden til Raphinha ? Blir han klar til søndag ?
DALHEIM WHITES

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #49 på: April 23, 2021, 10:01:36 »
Hva er siste nytt om skaden til Raphinha ? Blir han klar til søndag ?
Presser i dag. Om vi får et definitivt svar er jo ikke sikkert...
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Hallgeir *

Super Leeds since 1968

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #51 på: Mai 23, 2021, 20:25:50 »
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

RoarG

« Svar #52 på: Juni 04, 2021, 12:47:45 »
Det har oppstått visse rykter om Raphinha. Særlig om en overgang til Liverpool FC. Ikke noe bud har foreløpig kommet fra de røde. Satser på at Raphinha er Leeds-spiller når neste sesong sparkes i gang, jeg.

https://www.leedsallover.com/report-this-is-exactly-where-liverpool-stand-on-multi-million-pound-leeds-united-raid/

Noe som har utløst skuffelse hos de rødes fans. Flott.

https://www.anfieldwatch.co.uk/liverpool-have-reportedly-shown-no-interest-in-premier-league-midfielder/
« Siste redigering: Juni 04, 2021, 12:50:55 av RoarG »
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Torpe-do

« Svar #53 på: Juni 05, 2021, 00:06:02 »
Håpar sjølvsagt ikkje han stikk. Men han signerte ein 4-års kontrakt. Så om han vert solgt, så vert det absolutt ikkje billeg! Då har me i tilfelle hatt god profitt på karen.

Radrizzani har vel sagt fleire gongar at han likar Leicester-modellen. Så eg trur me lyt førebu oss på at nokre gonger lyt selge stjernene våre, men då til "grove" pengar. No har eg fått full tiltru til rekrutteringsapparatet vårt, så om eit Raphinha-salg kan skje, så føler eg meg sikker på at eit nytt stjerneskot er på veg inn alleire. Orta begynte sikkert den jobben for 6 månadar sidan, då alle så kva for spelar Raphinha var  ;D ;D

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #54 på: Juni 05, 2021, 08:22:14 »
Leeds-Live har fått onkelen i tale:

The making of Raphinha: A story from slums to stardom told by those closest to him
Exclusive: Leeds United's prized asset has come from the slums of Porto Alegre to become one of the Premier League's most exciting assets and LeedsLive has spoken to those in Brazil who saw his start

By Beren Cross Leeds United club writer 07:00, 5 JUN 2021

Eduardo Belloli has seen a new flash of colour on his walks around the shanty towns of the Restinga slum in Porto Alegre.

There are new streaks of white, green and maroon around the neighbourhood celebrating a passion which has united the community.

‘Raphinha 18’ is the emblem they share on their backs, a homage to the young boy who escaped the dangerous clutches of life on the wrong side of the tracks in Brazil.

Leeds United’s latest fan club has blossomed in this underprivileged, densely populated suburb of Porto Alegre where earning potential is low, the crime rate is high and Raphinha’s story is an inspiration.

Belloli, Raphinha’s uncle, is talking to LeedsLive about Projeto Vencedor, the charity his nephew has used as a vehicle for helping the disadvantaged children of Restinga.

Only a decade ago, Raphinha himself was one of those children he is now helping in the neighbourhood. He had to overcome setbacks, distractions and crime to become the beacon he has in the world’s most-watched football league.

“Raphael got involved in the project after he went to Portugal when he started playing for Vitória de Guimarães, as he became a reference for the neighbourhood boys who dream of being a football player like him,” Belloli tells me.

“He encourages them not to give up on their dreams and also to make good choices in their lives, so as not to get in the way of crime, of using drugs, drug trafficking, violence and several other things that surround the lives of these boys who live in a needy neighbourhood like Restinga.

“He shows there are other options in life. My brother, father of Raphael, and his wife, mother of Raphael, are always helping the project as volunteers and with specific actions and help.

Eduardo Belloli (far left) with Raphinha in Brazil on Projeto Vencedor business
“Raphael is certainly an inspiration for Porto Alegre and a good reference.”

While the glitz and glamour of Raphinha’s current destination is enough to turn heads across television screens in his home town, his journey is just as inspiring.

The 24-year-old was a typical example of a Brazilian boy born with a ball at his feet, desperate to express himself with it at every waking hour.

“Since he was young, he has always been talented, he started playing for teams in the neighbourhood,” said Belloli.

“He saw this was his dream and always pursued it with the encouragement of his family, faced several difficulties to get where he was, but he never gave up on his goals.

“He loves it, playing football and with it making many people happy.”

For all the talent we have seen at Elland Road on a weekly basis this season you would assume Raphinha walked into his nearest professional football club and was signed up at the age of six.

This could not be further from the truth, which centred on a classic tale of a passionate youngster shown the cruel, ruthless world of the football industry from an early age.

As a youth, Raphinha had trials with Porto Alegre’s two main clubs: Internacional and Gremio, where the city’s most famous son, Ronaldinho, began.

Neither wanted him. Like so many of the world’s best footballers, Raphinha was too small and too skinny at that point. He would go on to prove them wrong.

The youngster would go on pursuing his dream while he saw other boys in Restinga turn to crime and drugs.

Imbituba is a port some 240 miles north of Porto Alegre. A teenage Raphinha would travel there to play on a regular basis before he was ultimately spotted by Avai, the now second-tier club.

Diogo Fernandes is the man who arguably changed the course of Raphinha’s life when he went down to one Imbituba match off the back of a recommendation from a friend, Andre Dias.

“A great friend of mine told me he saw a game of his playing for Imbituba, a club here in Santa Catarina,” Fernandes tells me, as he takes a break between keeping an eye on Avai's next generation at their Florianopolis base.

“When I went to see the athlete I really fell in love with the player and brought him to Avai.”

And what are Fernandes’s abiding memories of that first time he set eyes on him: “I remember he was exactly aggressive in one v ones, very technical, dribbling in speed and great finishing power.”

Fernandes is a professional football coordinator with Avai and joined the outfit in 2004 initially as a youth coach before effectively leading the youth department when he saw Raphinha in 2014.

Avai is a club which yo-yos between Brazil’s first and second tiers, like a Norwich City or a West Bromwich Albion in England.

It’s a club which has long relied on its domestic recruitment, but this was proper, competitive football Raphinha was walking into as an 18-year-old.

Livelihoods are on the line with Avai. Players are playing for their jobs, but the jobs and future prospects of the staff. Raphinha was only going to get his chance when he was ready.

It proved a difficult first year for the winger, now trying to find his way in a new environment 300 miles from him his family in Restinga.

“In the first moment with the under-20 team he took a long time to come out and he only stayed at the club because we knew of the potential and he needed to adapt since he wasn't repeating what we had seen in the previous team (Imbituba),” said Fernandes.

“We had patience and in the second year, he started to stand out.”

It began to click for Raphinha. He matured, his game improved and he found his feet in the professional game. It was a simple matter of time.

“[It all came down to] adaptation,” said Fernandes. “In the second year, he started to stand out to the point of being the best player in the youth category.

“At the beginning, it was difficult because he was arriving at a new club and we also had other athletes of good level.”

Arsenal’s Gabriel was one of those coming through the Avai ranks at the same time as the Leeds man. They lived together for nearly three years and shared that process. They were seen catching up at Elland Road earlier this season.

It became quite the rise at Avai for Raphinha. Fernandes considers him the best player Avai has seen in the 17 years he has been there.

“He was the best athlete I worked with,” he said. “In the youth team, I remember his quiet way off the field and extremely competitive on it, very good one v one and he scored a lot of goals.”

What have you made of Raphinha's time with Leeds United? How far can he go? Let us know your thoughts in the comments

In the end, Raphinha would never play for Avai’s first team. Portugal’s Vitoria snapped him up in February 2016.

After one of his many stand-out moments for Avai’s second team in a local cup competition, Deco swooped and added him to his D20 Sports stable.

From there, the route to Europe became evident and it was only a matter of time before strings were pulled and a crucial transfer fee arrived to prop up Avai.

“The club was in need of resources at that time and it helped, and continues to help, a lot with this sale and the transfers bring good resources to the club through the solidarity mechanism,” said Fernandes.

The rest, as they say, is history. Raphinha has consistently proved himself at every club he has been at in Europe, treading a path well worn from Brazil.

First came the step up to Sporting from Vitoria and then followed the season in Ligue 1 with Rennes, before the hop over to Elland Road where he seems to be laying the foundations for a highly successful career.

“I am very proud of him, not only for what he has achieved, but also for the man he has become,” said Belloli.

He added: “We follow him here from Brazil, we know many people support him and love him just as we do, we hope he continues to make many people happy in Leeds.”

The charity in Restinga has flourished off the back of Eduardo and his family’s hard work, as well as the support and influence of Raphinha.

From 15 boys and two volunteers when it started in 2014, Projeto Vencedor now has 15 volunteers with 180 boys benefiting from their work and vision.

“Our aim is not to train football players, but good citizens, responsible future men who know how to make good choices for their lives,” said Belloli.

“In these seven years we have already contributed to the transformation of many lives, as football is not only part of the dream of most of the boys who attend the project, it is a powerful instrument to develop social skills, to work on responsibilities and discipline.”

“I'm not at all surprised,” he said. “When he left I commented with people closer this boy had the level to get to Barcelona. So I still expect even more from his growth.

“I'm a good friend of his manager and he always updates me with his information, apart from watching some of his games on TV.”

While Raphinha never made it to Avai’s first team, there is still a degree of local pride in seeing one of their own entertain global television audiences.

“The fans are very proud, even though he has not played in the main team, to know there is an athlete who trained at the club playing in the main world league, which is the Premier League,” he said.

“It is a reason for many joys.”

Those joys now belong to Leeds United fans and the patrons of Elland Road.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/making-raphinha-story-slums-stardom-20747628
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Hallgi

« Svar #55 på: August 13, 2021, 20:02:40 »
Raphinha er kalt opp til Brasils landslag!!
Stort, hans første «in any age level» melder heimesida vår, og attpåtil i de kommande vm-kvalikkampene..; OioiOi!
ALAW (& I am the pirate amongst us)

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #56 på: August 22, 2021, 09:44:31 »
Glimrende fra Donnohue (Leeds-Live) om en ganske vanlig kamp i Raphael Dias Bellolis liv. :D 

Leeds United talisman doesn't blink amid Elland Road racket as pre-match practice pays off
Leeds United forward Raphinha reminded supporters just what they had been missing while unable to attend matches at Elland Road

By Joe Donnohue   Leeds United Reporter 08:00, 22 AUG 2021

There is something quite novel about a Leeds United player who strikes fear into his direct opponent.

It's been a long time since the club have had one, especially in Raphinha's mold.
The Brazilian is unapologetically self-confident, but not cocky - a trickster who rarely overdoes it.

Everton's Lucas Digne has faced him before with varying degrees of success. A distinguished full-back, once of FC Barcelona, the Evertonian has shackled his fair share of opponents, snuffing out their attacking endeavour with a spiky and jagged approach to defending.

He tried that again yesterday, but that sort of thing only serves to embolden Raphinha, to motivate him; it's his fuel.

Everton at home on a dreary August afternoon in 2021 was an occasion, even if it didn't quite sound like it. It was an opportunity to pay respects, remember and applaud legends of Leeds United, and to witness those currently in the making.

Raphinha is unlikely to challenge Jack Charlton's appearance record, nor will he score as many goals as Peter Lorimer, but that's why there is such a thing as a cult hero.

The first time he took to the field in front of 37,000 Elland Road regulars, Raphinha was not overawed, he didn't even appear moved. But he did seem focused.

Last to trot back down the tunnel after pre-match warm-ups was Raphinha.

In the pouring rain, he had been perfecting his free-kick technique on the edge of the penalty area facing the Don Revie Stand.

The first half brought plenty of hard graft, and Raphinha is no stranger to that.

Tussling down his flank with Digne, it was the Brazilian who despite his slight frame held off the Frenchman's challenge.

Flicking Luke Ayling's lofted upfield pass round the corner to Patrick Bamford, catching a flat-footed Michael Keane off-guard, Raphinha played a considerable role in Leeds United's first goal of the afternoon.

If his part in Mateusz Klich's goal was unglamorous, then he more than made up for it with his finish for Leeds' second.

From precisely the same position he had been practising free-kicks ahead of kick-off, Raphinha took one look at the ball delicately rolled back to him by Liam Cooper and said, 'Yeah, I'll have a bit of that.'

Struck first time, there won't be many goals scored at Elland Road this season which showcase better technique.

Keeping his strike low and flat as it flew through a crowded penalty area, Raphinha gave Jordan Pickford no chance.

But the job was not done, as far as he was concerned.

Many a maverick wide-men would have been caught up in the occasion of scoring a quite delicious goal in front of home supporters for the very first time - a late equaliser no less.

Not Raphinha, though; he motioned to his teammates to retrieve the ball he had expedited into Everton's net without delay, because there were 20 minutes remaining and the tide had turned enormously in Leeds' favour with the swing of his left leg.

Ultimately, Leeds were unable to secure all three points but the team's performance - valiant, uncompromising and true to its principles - did its best to emulate those legends which adorn the various halls and corridors of Elland Road.

By the time Darren England blew on his full-time whistle, Raphinha had taken more shots (6), won more fouls (5) and attempted more crosses (7) than any other Leeds United player.

He had also equalled one of Lorimer's records, netting in three consecutive fixtures against Everton. No other Leeds player has managed that in the club's history.

Undeniably, Raphinha was a major factor in yesterday's result, which will hold no more and no less significance than any other Premier League fixture Leeds play this season. It was - for all intents and purposes - an ordinary game, the Whites' 40th since returning to the top flight.

But it was so much more than that to those present, and those following along at home, desperate not only for a reaction to last weekend's humbling, but something to cheer, something to grab their neighbour and shake them with delight.

Raphinha offers that each time he takes to the pitch, and thankfully Leeds fans can take solace in the fact that will become the new, new normal at Elland Road.

When supporters filed out of the stadium last March, unable to return without restriction for 17 months, the possibility of a player like Raphinha lighting up the hallowed turf was decidedly slim.

Promotion would be required, and then an awful of lot of money pledged. And that was before trying to persuade a player of his calibre to join a newly-promoted side with a motley crew of Championship stalwarts.

But he's here, and he plays for Leeds United, and he scores goals like that. Welcome back.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-elland-road-raphinha-21370766
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Torpe-do

« Svar #57 på: August 25, 2021, 07:46:34 »
Ser ut til at Raphinha ikkje vil få landslagsdebyen sin allikevel?

Trist for Raphinha..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #58 på: August 26, 2021, 16:55:50 »
12 ting du ikke vet om Raphinha...

Dette var alt annet enn overfladisk!

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/raphinha-leeds-united-premier-league-soccer

9. The first time I met Bielsa, he ambushed me

12. I just love Leeds, man
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Blank_File

« Svar #59 på: August 26, 2021, 23:46:33 »
12 ting du ikke vet om Raphinha...

Dette var alt annet enn overfladisk!

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/raphinha-leeds-united-premier-league-soccer

9. The first time I met Bielsa, he ambushed me

12. I just love Leeds, man
Helt fantastisk stykke!