Skrevet av Emne: Ny U-23-spiller: Amari Miller  (Lest 2616 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

auren

Ny U-23-spiller: Amari Miller
« på: Juni 28, 2021, 18:36:21 »
Da var Miller klar for klubben:

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/28284/leeds-united-sign-amari-miller

Velkommen!

Whites complete deal for young winger.
Leeds United are pleased to announce the signing of winger Amari Miller from Sky Bet Championship side Birmingham City.

The 18-year-old joins the club for an undisclosed fee and has signed a four-year-deal, running until the summer of 2025.

After catching the eye for Birmingham’s Under-18s, Miller was handed a first team debut against Stoke City in April, by former Leeds United midfielder Lee Bowyer, who is now in charge at the Trillion Trophy Stadium.

Two further appearances followed from the bench in the home draw with Nottingham Forest and away victory against Derby County.

He then ended the campaign by making back-to-back Sky Bet Championship starts, as the Blues went on to finish nine points above the relegation zone.

Miller becomes Leeds’ first signing of the summer transfer window and will initially link up with Mark Jackson’s Under-23 side, who will feature in Premier League 2 Division 1 in the upcoming campaign, after winning promotion last season.

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Sv: Ny U-23-spiller: Amari Miller
« Svar #1 på: Juni 29, 2021, 08:55:27 »
Mye Amari Miller-stoff rundt omkring nå. :)

The Athletic
https://theathletic.co.uk/2678398/2021/06/28/leeds-new-boy-amari-miller-quick-skillful-and-desperate-to-impress-at-elland-road/

It is understood that the total package for Miller is around £1.5 million with Birmingham receiving £200,000 up front. Such funds may represent good business for the selling club right now as the teenager has only played 188 minutes of first-team action following a breakthrough last season.

YEP

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-uniteds-new-signing-explains-move-why-bielsaball-will-suit-him-and-gratitude-he-feels-to-former-club-3289504

A quick winger who likes to take players on and create goalscoring chances for himself and others, Miller believes Bielsaball will suit him.

“As a winger, I can see Leeds get a lot of one v one chances which is something I really back myself in," he said.

"They play quickly and at a high tempo, they press high up the pitch and train with such a high intensity which is unbelievable.

“I would say I am skilful, good at finishing and composed."

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-secure-signing-of-birmingham-city-teenager-after-development-leap-3289357

Lee Bowyer:
“I like him as a person, his manners and he’s respectful. The senior players love him as well. He’s going to make mistakes, but he keeps going. He’s F***ed into the group well."

Leeds-Live:
https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/amari-miller-leeds-united-signing-20923885

“As a winger, I can see Leeds get a lot of one v one chances which is something I really back myself in. They play quickly and at a high tempo, they press high up the pitch and train with such a high intensity which is unbelievable.

“I would say I am skilful, good at finishing and composed. Even coming from outside of Leeds, it’s amazing to see yourself at such a club like this."
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Blank_File

« Svar #2 på: Juni 29, 2021, 10:09:30 »
Herlig. Virker som ett fint tilskudd!

Kickthemdown

« Svar #3 på: Juni 29, 2021, 20:52:47 »
Skjønner meg ikke på unggutter som slår igjennom i Championship i en alder av 18 år men haster videre til u23 spill for Leeds ved første anledning. Svak rådgivning, milevis til førstelagsfotball her tror jeg.

Kato

« Svar #4 på: Juni 30, 2021, 08:25:01 »
Skjønner meg ikke på unggutter som slår igjennom i Championship i en alder av 18 år men haster videre til u23 spill for Leeds ved første anledning. Svak rådgivning, milevis til førstelagsfotball her tror jeg.

Vet ikke om jeg vil kalle det å slå gjennom i championship når unggutter kommer inn og får noen kamper på slutten av sesongen. Er vel mange av dem, i betydningsløse kamper.

« Siste redigering: Juni 30, 2021, 09:51:32 av Kato »

Bromancer

« Svar #5 på: Juni 30, 2021, 10:41:50 »

Vet ikke om jeg vil kalle det å slå gjennom i championship når unggutter kommer inn og får noen kamper på slutten av sesongen. Er vel mange av dem, i betydningsløse kamper.

Pascal Struijk? ;)

RoarG

« Svar #6 på: Juni 30, 2021, 19:59:11 »
Bare å ønske unge Miller velkommen til klubben :).
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #7 på: Juli 02, 2021, 00:12:08 »
Leeds-Live har spurt en av gutta i Birmingham-Live om Amari:

To get some answers, we spoke to Brian Dick, Birmingham City correspondent for our sister site Birmingham Live to get the lowdown.

Where does Amari play predominantly?

He’s an out-and-out winger. I’ve seen him play off both sides but mostly on the left.

Was that different at U18 and U23 level compared to his first-team outings?

Not really. The age grades tend to try and emulate the first team in terms of shape, although that’s not always been possible.

Why did he decide Birmingham wasn't the place for him to sign his first pro deal?

I haven’t spoken to him so I would be speculating. From the outside looking in it seemed like a few of the younger players had their contract decisions kicked down the road for several months.

Given the squad churn, what sort of role would you have expected him to play next season at St Andrew's?

Similar to the end of last season. Mostly off the bench with one or two starts in the cup competitions. Lee Bowyer felt he wasn’t quite ready for regular Championship starts.

In terms of style, does Miller resemble any player in particular?

Any quick, jinky winger. Not dissimilar to Demarai Gray in a way.

Which are his standout attributes?

He’s quick and can go inside or outside his man. Good with the ball at his feet and not afraid to drive at goal and shoot.

Does he have any weaknesses to speak of?

He’s a young player that needs experience and perhaps a bit of physical development. That will come though.

The fee is undisclosed but as you understand it, what sort of figures have been discussed?

I’ve only seen what’s been on other websites which was £200k rising to £1.5m.

Demarai Gray, Nathan Redmond, Jude Bellingham, is Amari Miller next off the production line or should we refrain from getting carried away just yet?

Don’t compare any of them to Jude. He’s a generational talent and a complete outlier. I’d say Nathan and Demarai were slightly further on at Amari’s age but they’d had more first exposure.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/amari-miller-leeds-united-insider-20945397
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #8 på: August 08, 2021, 17:25:55 »
Først gjennvinne, så score!

LUFC Youth Academy
@leedsutdacademy

Fire𝙁𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩  @LUFC  𝙂𝙤𝙖𝙡 𝙁𝙤𝙧 𝗔𝗺𝗮𝗿𝗶 𝗠𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗿
#LUFC #LUFCYouth

https://twitter.com/leedsutdacademy/status/1424361919486517252?s=20
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #9 på: Oktober 23, 2021, 10:07:08 »
Amari Miller har stort sett fått spille siden han ankom, men Summerville og McGurk har vært stjernene på kantene og Miller syns jeg ikke fikk det helt til. Slet med å komme rundt sin mann, da han ankom leste vi at han var hurtig men jeg har sett få beviser på akkurat det.

Jeg ble litt skuffet rett og slett, og forventningene har gått ned. Alle nyankomne vil jo ikke lykkes, og jeg kjørte ham nok kjapt inn i den kategorien.

Men noe er i ferd med å skje... Han har fysikk nok til å få prøvd seg på topp, og ved å lykkes litt har han vel fått selvtillit nok til å prøve på ting han er god på. Kanskje han er i ferd med å komme nå?

Mark Jackson uttalte mye om Miller etter gårsdagens outing:

Leeds United coach pleased with two aspects of youngster's progress after Amari Miller 'spike'
Leeds United's U23 side drew 1-1 with Brighton U23 on Friday evening having gone a goal up thanks to Amari Miller's dynamism

By Joe DonnohueLeeds United Reporter  06:00, 23 OCT 2021

Leeds United's development squad are without a win in five matches across all competitions, but there was plenty of reason for optimism after the team's 1-1 draw with Brighton.

The young Whites had taken the lead through Joe Snowdon shortly after the hour mark, in what had been a controlled and measured display from Mark Jackson's side.

Speaking after the match, Jackson spoke of the "calmness" his players exhibited, especially following Monday night's fixture in which the team forfeited a two-goal lead, going on to eventually lose 4-2 against Everton.

"It was our structure behind the ball when we were attacking, we don't want to be really, really open and let teams counter-attack us because we knew Brighton could be dangerous, so having that, certainly the back players Nohan [Kenneh] and Kris Moore being really assertive with their communication, to dictate who stays, how we organise," Jackson told LeedsLive.

"I thought we did that better," he added.

In the build-up to Snowdon's first goal at U23 level, summer signing Amari Miller was heavily involved, latching onto a crossfield pass, before cutting inside and beating his man rather convincingly.

Miller subsequently cut the ball back to Sam Greenwood who laid on the shot for Snowdon to apply the finish from the edge of the penalty area.

This move was repeated - the early stages at least - numerous times over the course of the second half, as Miller swapped wings and tried to replicate Crysencio Summerville's first half influence.

On multiple occasions, Miller had the beating of Brighton's right-back, which led to a litany of chances, all of which were saved by Seagulls stopper Tom McGill who turned in a Man of the Match display.

Miller was unfortunate not to get on the scoresheet on the night, striking the woodwork twice through attempts of his own making, as well as seeing a header cleared off the line, before doing the reverse at a Brighton corner minutes later.

It was an exemplary display from the young winger, acquired from Birmingham City over the summer.

"I agree with you. I thought that was a really strong performance in the second half from Amari," Jackson said.

"Listen, we knew what he can do, we watched a lot of him before he came into the club so we knew a lot about him. Amari when he first came in, he had a real spike [with] regards to doing well, plateaued a little bit which is normal, and I think this might be the catalyst to go on again and kick on again.

"He's a really, really good learner - he wants to learn, he wants to get better, he did two things tonight about how to support the ball and when the ball went over his head from the corner to drop back on the line [and clear the danger], so we're talking about learning.

"He didn't do that against Everton at Southport [on Monday], but he did it today and that's a great sign that it's a young hungry player that wants to learn and get better."

Leeds U23s' next fixture is a home game against Arsenal next Friday 29th October, set to be played at Elland Road.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-amari-miller-spike-21948928
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #10 på: Januar 23, 2022, 11:38:04 »
PÅ senhøsten fikk Archie Gray bli med troppen på bortekamp for første gang. Senere havnet han også på benken...

I går var dette Amari Millers tur. 21.mann i troppen betydde ingen benkerolle, men han satt der like ved, og fikk tatt inn atmosfæren og være tett på kamptroppen.

Fortjent etter et par SOLIDE U23-opptredener i det siste!

Joe Donnohue
@JoeDonnohue
“As soon as I spoke to Victor Orta and the club, I said to my agent that this was the one," said Amari Miller upon signing for the club last June.
Yesterday, he was Bielsa's '21st man' at home to Newcastle. That pathway, again. #lufc

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-hidden-orta-newcastle-22843152
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan