Skrevet av Emne: Spiller: Junior Firpo  (Lest 9132 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Spiller: Junior Firpo
« på: Juli 06, 2021, 13:06:08 »
https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1412365710253334533?s=20

Full-back completes transfer.

Leeds United are delighted to announce the signing of Junior Firpo.

The Whites have beaten off competition from a number of clubs to secure the services of the 24-year-old, who joins from Spanish outfit FC Barcelona for an undisclosed fee.

Following a period of quarantine and completion of his medical, the full-back signed a four-year deal at Elland Road, running until the summer of 2025.

Born in the Dominican Republic, Firpo moved to Spain at a young age and made his breakthrough at Real Betis.

Making his first La Liga start in February 2018 in Betis’ 1-0 victory over Deportivo La Coruna, the full-back went on to become a first team regular at the Estadio Benito Villamarin.

Catching the eye during the 2018/19 campaign, with five assists and three goals in his 29 appearances for Betis, Firpo was called into the Spain Under-21 squad and helped them win the 2019 UEFA European Under-21 Championship.

Following the tournament, in August 2019, he was snapped up by Barcelona, signing a five-year deal at the Nou Camp.

Over the past two seasons, he turned out 41 times for Barcelona, helping them win the Copa Del Rey.

Firpo becomes Leeds’ third signing of the summer transfer window and will wear the number 3 shirt during his time at Elland Road.
« Siste redigering: Mars 11, 2022, 19:18:13 av Hallgeir * »
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Sv: Ny spiller: Junior Firpo
« Svar #1 på: Juli 06, 2021, 13:10:43 »
Leeds United complete €15m deal for Barcelona's Junior Firpo as left-back ends quarantine and begins Marcelo BIelsa pre-season
Leeds United have completed a €15m deal for Barcelona left-back Junior Firpo.
By Graham Smyth  Tuesday, 6th July 2021, 11:57 am

The Dominican Republic born 24-year-old has been biding his time in Leeds for the majority of the past week, awaiting the all-clear to have a medical and complete a move to Elland Road from Camp Nou.

Leeds have paid a fee in the region of €15m plus add ons for the defender, who spent two years with the Spanish giants after moving from Real Betis.

He underwent a medical last night as Leeds completed the paperwork at their end, and Barcelona president Joan Laporta signed off on the deal this morning.

Enter your email

Firpo, who has signed a four-year contract that runs to the summer of 2025, was straight into training with Marcelo Bielsa's squad today as they are put through a triple session.

Despite interest from Serie A clubs, including AC Milan, Leeds were able to convince the former Spain Under 21 international of the merits of a move to the Premier League to work under Marcelo Bielsa.

He leaves Barcelona, who are working hard to get players off the wage bill having exceeded the La Liga salary cap, after 41 appearances.

Leeds' third signing of the summer, he will wear the number three shirt.

The club confirmed yesterday that Firpo's predecessor at left-back, Gjanni Alioski, will not be signing a new contract at Elland Road. Leeds and the North Macedonian international's representatives were unable to reach a deal and his contract ran out last week.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-complete-eu15m-deal-for-barcelonas-junior-firpo-as-left-back-ends-quarantine-and-begins-marcelo-bielsa-pre-season-3297866
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

auren

« Svar #2 på: Juli 06, 2021, 13:11:06 »
En meget spennende signering! Velkommen Firpo!  :)

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #3 på: Juli 06, 2021, 13:17:45 »
Barcelona har sikret seg 20% av et videresalg fra Leeds så de har da fortsatt troen på gutten..

Adam Pope
@apopey

FC Barcelona say they “and Leeds United have reached an agreement for the transfer of Junior Firpo for 15 million euros. Barça will retain 20% of any future sale of the player.” #lufc

Adam Crafton
@AdamCrafton_

How #Leeds signed Junior Firpo from #Barca:
Shallow pan of foodMeal with Victor Orta, Gaby Ruiz & Firpo in Flag of Spain 2 weeks ago secured him ahead of Milan, Inter, Napoli
Hotel#LUFC Orta impressed Firpo by isolating 5 days in Flag of Spain so as to meet up; other clubs wanted zoom talks (1/2)
Firpo needs football and vacant #lufc left back place appealed over Milan option. Bielsa physique: often highest scores in Barca fitness test. Leeds won’t do loads this summer but still want young centre mid + closing on Bamford extension. (2/2)
« Siste redigering: Juli 06, 2021, 13:19:33 av Asbjørn »
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #4 på: Juli 06, 2021, 13:26:55 »
Hehe, han føler nok presset når han leser hvem som har hatt trøyen før ham: :D

lufcstats:
Firpo follows on from Dorigo, Robertson, Harte, Crainey, Lewis, Huntington, Kisnorbo, Drury, Warnock, Bamba, Borthwick-Jackson and Barry Douglas in wearing squad number 3!
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #5 på: Juli 06, 2021, 14:13:29 »
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #6 på: Juli 06, 2021, 14:19:10 »
Junior Firpo on Leeds United European dream, Marcelo Bielsa impact and Rodrigo's part in his move from Barcelona
Leeds United's new left-back Junior Firpo is dreaming of European nights with his name reverberating around Elland Road.
By Graham Smyth Tuesday, 6th July 2021, 1:15 pm

The defender, who completed a €15m move from Barcelona this morning and penned a four-year contract, already has 10 Champions League appearances on his CV from his time with the Spanish giants. He also tasted the Europa League with Real Betis and wants to help Leeds achieve the dream of owner Andrea Radrizzani by returning the Whites to a level they once knew so well.

"I don't want to be [too] passionate but I want to go to Europe," he told LUTV.

"I think everyone wants to play in Europe. I've played in the Champions League, the Europa League, but to go to Europe with this team would be amazing.

"A lot of people have said to me that a full Elland Road is incredible. I want to see. In my first club in Betis people say it is similar. I say to you that I want to see the full stadium singing Junior Firpo."

Firpo was a player of interest for several clubs around Europe this summer, with AC Milan particularly keen to secure his services, but the pull of the Premier League and the intensity of Leeds' desire to sign him held significant, ultimately decisive sway. The club's record signing Rodrigo played a part, too.

"I'm really happy, I wanted to be here," he said.

"I always wanted to play in the Premier League, which for me is the best league in the world. For me to be here in this club, a historic club with really, really good fans. I'm excited to play here. This summer for me many clubs were interested in me but when Victor spoke with me and showed me the project, I said wow it's interesting, they really want me to play, if I play well.

"In this moment I said okay, I want to go to Leeds.

"I spoke to Rodrigo, I think Diego [Llorente] is focusing with the national team now. Rodrigo told me to come here and play with us, it will be really nice."

Firpo got his first taste of Marcelo Bielsa's training regime at Thorp Arch today, in the first of three sessions before his first day as a Leeds player is done.

He believes he's well suited to Bielsaball and hopes the head coach will improve him.

"I saw him in Spain when he worked there, I know the coach he is," said the defender.

"For me he's a really good coach, he wants to press all the time, play one against one and it's my football, physical football. To run, to have the ball for me is not a problem. I think he will help take me to another level.

"In this team I think I can show the player that I am. For me I really hope I can show the people what I want to show. I've been in Barcelona for two years and not played many games. I've come here to show the club and the fans the footballer I am.

"I have adaptability. I think this team has my kind of play. I think this will be a really good season for me and for the club.

"I will give all. Any time that I play I will give my 100 per cent and have already seen a lot of messages. So I say Marching On Together."

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/junior-firpo-on-leeds-united-european-dream-marcelo-bielsa-impact-and-rodrigos-part-in-his-move-from-barcelona-3298041
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

karaba

« Svar #7 på: Juli 06, 2021, 14:21:58 »
Ser ut til å være en god signering! Blir spennende å se hva han får til i Leeds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #8 på: Juli 06, 2021, 14:52:32 »
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #9 på: Juli 06, 2021, 15:06:24 »
Her får vi nok en Alioski-type som er god offensivt men med mangler defensivt. Da han var som best på Real Betis hadde han en trebackslinje bak seg (noe han av og til også får hos Leeds) og det var lettere for ham å være offensivt god da.

"When he was at Betis he looked like a very happy, brave full-back who went forward very often, in a team who were playing three at the back," Balague told the YEP.

"It really suited him. He defended decently but attacked much better."

Barcelona:
At Barcelona, he was a willing but not overly effective defender.

"As a leftback at Barcelona in 2019-20, Junior Firpo was prolific in trying to disrupt moves by the opposition, but his lack of skill as a tackler made him somewhat ineffective in doing so," said Altman.

"He also didn't recover many balls, so his overall defending stats were middling at a Premier League standard. While his skill in aerial duels in open play was pretty good for La Liga, he might find the aerial game more challenging in England – especially on dead balls, where he was much less effective."

Hele artikkelen:
https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/spanish-football-experts-reveal-marcelo-bielsas-first-task-with-leeds-united-new-boy-and-free-spirit-junior-firpo-after-barcelona-switch-3297903
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

raggen

« Svar #10 på: Juli 06, 2021, 16:12:07 »
Velkommen skal han være og har troa på at bielsa gjør underverker med denne karen. driller han i bielsafotballen og vipps så har vi en ny verdensklasseback. fitnessen virker det som det ikke skal stå på
Forever Leeds United!!!!!!!!

Forever Whites

« Svar #11 på: Juli 06, 2021, 17:08:40 »
Blir spennende dette.  Virker lovende og rette innstillingen!  Herlig lesning at Orta satt 5 dager i karantene for å få snakke med ham personlig.  Da viser man at man bryr seg og at han kommer til å bli en av familien.  :)

Men stemmer det som står lengre oppe at man nå kun er ute etter en ny spiller?  Som det står en ung sentral midtbanespiller?  Hadde håpt på 2, kanskje 3 spillere til jeg men hvis den midtbanespilleren er skikkelig klasse skal jeg ikke klage for høyt.  :P
Medlem 94237

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #12 på: Juli 06, 2021, 18:21:28 »

Men stemmer det som står lengre oppe at man nå kun er ute etter en ny spiller?  Som det står en ung sentral midtbanespiller?  Hadde håpt på 2, kanskje 3 spillere til jeg men hvis den midtbanespilleren er skikkelig klasse skal jeg ikke klage for høyt.  :P

Dette antallet er jo identisk med hva folk som Hay ganske tidlig sa.
To til tre stk (den  siste er jo vingen som kanskje ankommer sent i vinduet).

Antallet U23'ere er det jo ikke opplyst m...
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

RoarG

« Svar #13 på: Juli 09, 2021, 13:29:35 »
Spennende signering, dette her. Velkommen til Leeds, Junior :).
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #14 på: Juli 29, 2021, 23:11:30 »
Artige observasjoner om Firpo fra gårsdagens treningskamp.
Jeg syns det er kjempepositivt at han tar slike initiativ!

The 24-year-old has had a little over three weeks with his new team-mates, but he was already proving to be a vocal presence on the pitch at Ewood Park.

In the 15th minute, he was calling for the ball by the left touchline, but when it went elsewhere and bypassed him he threw his arms in the air with frustration.

Then in the 28th minute, Firpo was confident enough to tell Pascal Struijk how far he should be bringing the ball upfield from defence before releasing it. The left-back applauded him when he got it right.

In the 40th minute, during a break in play, Firpo could be heard from the press box shouting Jack Harrison over for a debrief on how things should be going down the left flank between them.

Firpo was confident and proactive in his first run-out. He sets himself the highest standards.
(Leeds-Live)
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #15 på: August 10, 2021, 16:37:16 »
Firpo har gjort et (artig) intervju med spansk medie. Joe Brennan bor i Spania, har oversatt det, og sprer det utover noen twittermeldinger. Trykk på linken og så på den første twittermeldingen så får du hele ramsen. :)

Junior Firpo has done an interview with DAZN. I've translated it and will it on here shortly. It's gonna be a long one so I might post the highlights and then put the full thing as a doc at the end. Also waiting for the ENG video to come out just to make my work pointless #lufc

https://twitter.com/j4brennan/status/1425084001686016005?s=20
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

palle

« Svar #16 på: August 11, 2021, 00:04:39 »
Virker mer oppegående enn forgjengeren, håper han innfrir!
...ooo, vi vandrar saman...

peacock

« Svar #17 på: November 28, 2021, 08:55:00 »
Sitat Peacock 02.10:
"Snodig at ingen ser det åpenbare; Firpo må benkes. Han er en sikkerhetsrisiko defensivt, og de offensive bidragene er heller ikke særlig mye å skryte av.
Løsningen er en formsvak Dallas på venstre back. Han er i hvert fall taktisk skolert, og vil plassere seg rett. Firpo sliter veldig med posisjoneringen, og MÅ få taktisk skolering."

I rest my case!

stian

« Svar #18 på: November 28, 2021, 09:28:29 »
Sitat Peacock 02.10:
"Snodig at ingen ser det åpenbare; Firpo må benkes. Han er en sikkerhetsrisiko defensivt, og de offensive bidragene er heller ikke særlig mye å skryte av.
Løsningen er en formsvak Dallas på venstre back. Han er i hvert fall taktisk skolert, og vil plassere seg rett. Firpo sliter veldig med posisjoneringen, og MÅ få taktisk skolering."

I rest my case!

Du har dessverre rett - så langt er Firpo et bomkjøp. Nå har han aldri kommet skikkelig i gang (skader etc.), og de offensive bidragene kan forhåpentligvis vokse hvis lagmaskinen fungerer bedre. Det er vanskelig å være offensiv back når rytmen sitter så dårlig som mot Brighton. De defensive kvalitetene burde vi sett mer av også når laget sliter. Han er ok 1v1 når han har riktig avstand til vingen sin, men fart, plasseringsevne og valg er ikke allverdens. Ikke er han noe arbeidsjern heller.

Han er en venstreback som gjør at Alioski er dypt savnet, og det er ikke et steg i riktig retning.

Blank_File

« Svar #19 på: November 28, 2021, 12:38:38 »
Han var så utrolig langt fra situasjonene også i går. Blokkeringer på innlegg fra tre meter. Her er det bare å ta tiden til hjelp og øve mer, for Firpo kan foreløpig ikke brukes i kamp. Pascal er pr nå ett bedre alternativ.

peacock

« Svar #20 på: Mars 11, 2022, 05:35:45 »
Han er faktisk enda dårligere enn jeg tidligere har antydet. Helt katastrofe!

Dennis

« Svar #21 på: Mars 11, 2022, 08:13:15 »

At enhver med et par fotballsko burde spille før han, var å antyde at han var dårlig? ;D

For øvrig helt enig i at han har vært katastrofal i Leeds. En terning full av enere.
Marching on together!

leedslife

« Svar #22 på: Mars 11, 2022, 08:41:57 »
Hadde han ikke blitt skadet kunne dette blitt sesongen med flest minutter på banen i hele karrieren for hans del...
26 år til sommeren...
« Siste redigering: Mars 11, 2022, 09:05:19 av leedslife »

Sterland

« Svar #23 på: Mars 11, 2022, 08:51:50 »

At enhver med et par fotballsko burde spille før han, var å antyde at han var dårlig? ;D

For øvrig helt enig i at han har vært katastrofal i Leeds. En terning full av enere.
Helt enig at dette er et bomkjøp. Han er definitivt skadeutsatt, og virker svært rusten når han endelig er tilbake. Men jeg synes han har hatt enkelte kamper hvor det har fungert bra. Dette er gjerne etter han har fått noen kamper på rappen. Kampen mot Villa var derimot en skikkelig "howler". Nok en Orta-signering, hvor vi har kastet bort en haug av pund på ingenting.

Blank_File

« Svar #24 på: Mars 11, 2022, 09:35:08 »

Helt enig at dette er et bomkjøp. Han er definitivt skadeutsatt, og virker svært rusten når han endelig er tilbake. Men jeg synes han har hatt enkelte kamper hvor det har fungert bra. Dette er gjerne etter han har fått noen kamper på rappen. Kampen mot Villa var derimot en skikkelig "howler". Nok en Orta-signering, hvor vi har kastet bort en haug av pund på ingenting.
Han har fungert bra når han har lite å gjøre defensivt, så enkelt er det faktisk.

GeirO

« Svar #25 på: Mars 11, 2022, 16:29:21 »
For å nyansere litt, de fleste på forumet har vel vært enig om at han har hatt noen gode kamper innimellom. Annen hver kamp eller litt sjeldnere?

Men det holder jo ikke for spillere som skal spille for Leeds.
MOT

peacock

« Svar #26 på: Mars 12, 2022, 11:50:18 »
For å nyansere litt, de fleste på forumet har vel vært enig om at han har hatt noen gode kamper innimellom. Annen hver kamp eller litt sjeldnere?

Feil. Han har spilt EN god kamp.
Jeg vil heller hente tilbake Laurens De Bock enn å se Firpo få flere kamper.
« Siste redigering: Mars 12, 2022, 11:54:10 av peacock »

karaba

Sv: Spiller: Junior Firpo
« Svar #27 på: Mars 12, 2022, 12:16:48 »

Feil. Han har spilt EN god kamp.
Jeg vil heller hente tilbake Laurens De Bock enn å se Firpo få flere kamper.
Vi må vel bare innse at Firpo aldri ble den spilleren vi håpet han kunne bli. Blir ikke overrasket gitt spillet før skaden at han kanskje har spilt sin siste kamp i Leeds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rd1

« Svar #28 på: Mars 12, 2022, 16:41:56 »
Er han ikke ufattelig treg også??
"Who needs Cantona??"

Gordon McUseless

« Svar #29 på: Mars 12, 2022, 18:36:38 »
Hvordan er det med skaden hans da?