Skrevet av Emne: Ex-spiller: Leo Hjelde  (Lest 7538 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 2 gjester leser dette emnet.

Hallgeir *

Sv: Spiller: Leo Hjelde
« Svar #30 på: Januar 14, 2023, 13:37:29 »
Hjelde rett inn på laget til Rotherham i dagens kamp hjemme mot Blackburn. Starter til venstre av tre midtstoppere. En gammel eks-spiller, Lee Peltier, er også i lagoppstillingen.

8) I første spilleminutt legger Hjelde flott inn fra venstre, og Rotherham banker ballen i mål.
Super Leeds since 1968

HåvardK

« Svar #31 på: Januar 14, 2023, 14:57:35 »
Hjelde rett inn på laget til Rotherham i dagens kamp hjemme mot Blackburn. Starter til venstre av tre midtstoppere. En gammel eks-spiller, Lee Peltier, er også i lagoppstillingen.

8) I første spilleminutt legger Hjelde flott inn fra venstre, og Rotherham banker ballen i mål.
Kult, og ikke overraskende. Leo virker å ha en sterk psyke.

auren

« Svar #32 på: Januar 14, 2023, 15:40:45 »
Jøss! De knuste Blackburn hele 4-0!! Litt av en debut for Hjelde!

auren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #33 på: Mars 23, 2023, 23:30:52 »
Hva sier lokaljournoen om Leos tid i Rotherham so far?

Leo Hjelde is eight games into his loan spell at Rotherham United after making the move from Leeds United in the January transfer window. Matt Taylor's side are battling against relegation from the Championship but Hjelde has played a key role so far and he seems to be thriving at the New York Stadium.

With that in mind, LeedsLive got in touch with the Rotherham Advertiser's Millers reporter Paul Davis to chat about all things Hjelde.

My general impression is that Rotherham United in the Championship have got a player of Premier League talent. We expected big things because he was coming from Leeds United and we’ve not been disappointed. It’s very easy to forget he is only 19, he plays with a real maturity about him.

He started really well and he was excellent for six games but he’s just gone off a bit in the last two games and he was on the bench for the most recent one. The manager Matt Taylor expected that, he said, ‘you can’t expect a lad of that age to just keep performing at the top level in every game and it’s inevitable he will dip a little bit’. He has done that but I think the international break will do him good and I expect him to be back to the standards he showed early on in his Rotherham spell as soon as he comes back.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-leo-hjelde-rotherham-26543800
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #34 på: April 06, 2023, 23:06:12 »
YEP har snakket med manageren og keeperen (svensk) om Leos tid i Rotherham så langt:
Men det essensielle kommer vel her fra manager Taylor:
"He's not a centre-back yet," said Taylor.
"I expect that when he gets to the middle part of his career he'll be able to play in the middle of the pitch. In relation to the Championship and the physical nature of the opposition centre-forwards and the physical nature of it he's not there as yet. He will probably play the majority of his career in a more central position.

"The games have taught him the most, the opposition and his team-mates," Taylor told the YEP.

(utdrag ellers)
"He's learned how he's got to be physical first and foremost and move his full speed first as opposed to chasing the speed of the game and to keep being a front-foot player. He plays better when he's on his front foot and meeting the action at its earliest possible point. There's also all the inner details of playing left centre-half, left-back, left-wing-back, defending the back post and marking on set-pieces. He's having to mark players who are physically stronger than himself. That's something he won't have done previously. He's coming up against wingers who are quick and tricky and have got different deliveries off both feet. He's constantly learning and he'll learn an awful lot more in the next eight games."

Getting to where he needs to be will require Hjelde to grow off the field as much as on it but Taylor has no concerns about the way the Leeds man has settled into the dressing room at Rotherham.

"He sometimes comes in a questionable outfit and the lads give him a bit of stick for that," said the boss.

"He's a good personality; a mature head on young shoulders. His dad [ex-Forest defender Jon Olav Hjelde] was a big part in his upbringing and footballing development. He's been around football for a long time.

"Like with a lot of Scandinavians, his English is so fluent and he's F***ed in really well. Sometimes I go into the physio room or the changing room and he and Viktor [Johansson, Rotherham goalkeeper] are speaking. I don't know what the language is. It's probably a mixture between Norwegian and Swedish. I don't have a clue what they're saying."

Around a third of the time, neither Johansson nor Hjelde have a clue what is being said either, but the pair have hit it off so well that the Leeds defender's arrival has had a nostalgic effect on the Swedish goalkeeper.

"He's been brilliant since he came in," Johansson told the YEP.

"It's not easy for a young pro to come into a club and fit right in. He's done that. Outside the pitch he's been brilliant, on the pitch he's been brilliant. It's a good changing room to come into, that helped him get settled quick, but he's a great character to have around.

"He speaks Norwegian to me and I speak Swedish to him. We understand each other probably 60, 70 per cent of the time and then the other 30 we just laugh at each other. It works fine. I think it has helped him settle. It's helping me loads as well. When it's just us two we chat in our own language and it feels like going back in time, being 13 or 14 in the changing room just chatting about weird stuff."

Off the pitch Johansson finds Hjelde hilarious when he loses his 'guard' and acts like 'the kid he is.' On the pitch the Norwegian has shown a maturity that his 24-year-stopper appreciates just as much.

"He's very mature," said Johansson.

"I spoke to him about this the other day, he sees play seconds before it happens, he knows everything before it actually happens which is a very good ability to have so young. He's so much older than he actually is, on the pitch. He's learning the other side of the game as well. The toughness, he's learned that quite a bit, it's toughened him up. He's winning his headers, clearing balls, doing that side for us."

The 'other' side of the game is going to be key for Hjelde if he is to move inside from a wider role. To date he has split his senior career appearances between centre-back and left-back, or left wing-back. At Rotherham, though, Taylor doesn't yet believe him physically suited to a central position.

"He's not a centre-back yet," said Taylor.

"I expect that when he gets to the middle part of his career he'll be able to play in the middle of the pitch. In relation to the Championship and the physical nature of the opposition centre-forwards and the physical nature of it he's not there as yet. He will probably play the majority of his career in a more central position. For ourselves, left-back definitely suits him. The left of a back three would suit him, as would left wing-back. He needs to be more on the outside just to offset a bit of the crash, bang, wallop which happens in the middle of every single game in the middle of every single pitch at Championship level."

Helping to keep Rotherham at Championship level would represent a highly satisfactory bookend to this chapter of Hjelde's career, before the Elland Road debate over his next step begins.

Taylor is satisfied that, so far, the Leeds United man has shown the right attitude to play his part for the collective, in order to progress as an individual.

"We like to think we have a good working environment and he's bought into that," said Taylor.

"We had a good catch-up before he went away [with Norway Under 21s], we had a good catch-up when he wasn't starting. He understood it. He just wants to improve. I'm excited to see what level he can get to in the future."

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-youngster-with-questionable-outfits-not-a-centre-back-yet-but-learning-rough-trade-4094330
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #35 på: Juni 26, 2023, 22:57:51 »
TV2 har snakket med Leo under U21-mesterskapet.

Leo er ennå så ung at han gir ærlige intervjuer, vil eg nesten si:

– De siste seks månedene har vært fine. Jeg har fått spilt mange kamper og berget Rotherham, så for min del sluttet sesongen på en høy plass. Så rykket Leeds ned tre uker senere, så selvfølgelig ble jo det tøft, men jeg har bare trent og gjort meg klar til mesterskap. Det er ikke så mye mer jeg får gjort med det, sier Hjelde.

De siste ukene har 19-åringen blant annet vært linket til italienske Salernitana. Selv innrømmer hovedpersonen at han er usikker på hvor han spiller neste sesong.

– For meg er det bare å komme tilbake til Leeds og gjøre en bra oppkjøring, så får vi se hva som skjer der.

– Ønsker du å bli værende?

– Det får vi se. Vi får se hvem som kommer inn. Ingenting er jo sikkert i klubben, vi har ikke noen manager ennå, så vi får se.

https://www.tv2.no/sport/fotball/midt-under-kamp-havnet-leo-i-diskusjon-med-en-pa-tribunen-ble-litt-frustrert/15848077/
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Kato

« Svar #36 på: Januar 30, 2024, 15:12:06 »
Solgt til Sunderland. Lykke til videre.

Hallgeir *

Sv: Ex-spiller: Leo Hjelde
« Svar #37 på: Januar 30, 2024, 15:23:17 »
Fra offisielt hold ...

Defender leaves in permanent deal.

Leeds United can confirm Leo Hjelde has joined fellow Sky Bet Championship side Sunderland, in a permanent deal.

The 20-year-old moved to the Whites in the Summer of 2021, from Scottish side Celtic. He initially linked up with the Under-21s at Thorp Arch, before progressing into the senior side.

Hjelde made his first team debut in January 2022, away at West Ham United in the Emirates FA Cup, before following that up with a Premier League debut just a week later against the same opponents.

In total, Leo made eight appearances for the club, whilst he also spent time out on loan with Rotherham United during the 2022/23 campaign.

Everyone at Leeds United would like to wish Leo the best of luck on Wearside and in his future career.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/32841/leo-hjelde-joins-sunderland
Super Leeds since 1968

Hallgeir *

Sv: Ex-spiller: Leo Hjelde
« Svar #38 på: Januar 30, 2024, 19:18:37 »
I en artikkel i YEP står det at Hjelde ble solgt for rundt £2 millioner.
Super Leeds since 1968