Skrevet av Emne: Utlånt spiller: Sonny Perkins  (Lest 1803 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Utlånt spiller: Sonny Perkins
« på: Juli 19, 2022, 17:09:09 »

Leeds United confirm the signing of midfielder Sonny Perkins on a three-year contract. Joins the Under-21 squad having left West Ham on July 1. Talented player and very well thought of.

https://twitter.com/PhilHay_/status/1549408727140270081?s=20&t=jc1yICzE7dYnKjHHphKRgw

Velkommen!
« Siste redigering: August 25, 2023, 21:39:06 av Hallgeir * »
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

auren

Sv: Ny (ung) spiller: Sonny Perkins
« Svar #1 på: Juli 19, 2022, 18:35:16 »
Spennende spiller! Han er nok mer enn god nok for U-21, og forhåpentligvis vil han være på benken i PL kommende sesong.

Velkommen Sonny!

auren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

auren

Ny (ung) spiller: Sonny Perkins
« Svar #2 på: Juli 19, 2022, 18:37:31 »
Fra hjemmesida:

Forward joins the Whites.

Leeds United are pleased to announce the signing of Sonny Perkins. The 18-year-old forward has agreed a three-year-deal with the Whites, until 2025, after his contract at fellow Premier League side West Ham United expired this summer.

After beginning his youth career with Leyton Orient, the early talent of Perkins quickly alerted West Ham United, who he joined in 2019.

Progressing through the age groups both at club level and internationally, Perkins made his first team debut for the Hammers in the UEFA Europa League against Rapid Vienna, before then also featuring against Dinamo Zagreb as his team went on to make the semi-final of the competition.

Perkins made his Premier League debut as a 17-year-old for West Ham against Leeds, in a 3-2 win for the Whites at the London Stadium in January 2022.

An impressive 2021/22 campaign across all levels saw the 18-year-old score 10 times in 20 Premier League 2 matches, whilst adding four goals in four games in the U18 Premier League. Perkins also scored against Leeds in an Under-23s Premier League Cup victory for the Hammers.

Internationally, Perkins has played 14 times for England across Under-15s, Under-16s and Under-18s level, scoring seven times in those matches.

Sonny becomes the club’s seventh summer signing, after the arrivals of Brenden Aaronson, Rasmus Kristensen, Marc Roca, Darko Gyabi, Tyler Adams and Luis Sinisterra.

He will initially link up with the Under-21s side for the forthcoming season.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/30111/sonny-perkins-signs-for-leeds-united

auren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Sv: Ny (ung) spiller: Sonny Perkins
« Svar #3 på: September 17, 2022, 09:38:55 »
På tide med noen ord om Sonnys utvikling...

6 mål på de fem U21-kampene hittil, uttatt på England U19 for første gang, kåret til 'månedens spiller i U21-divisjonen, trener med 'de store gutta' på Thorp Arch (se ukens Inside Training - YEP velger å la dagens U21-referat handle om Sonny Perkins:

Leeds United youngster compounds Premier League rivals' transfer anguish with personal treble
Leeds United’s Under-21 side defeated Southampton 6-2 on a comfortable evening at Elland Road

By Joe Donnohue   Saturday, 17th September 2022, 7:00 am

Sonny Perkins' Friday morning began with news that the Leeds United summer signing had been named Premier League 2 Player of the Month for August.

After five goals in four matches, tied with teammate Mateo Joseph who netted four in the season opener at Derby County, Perkins has hit the ground running in West Yorkshire.

Signed in July, the tone of West Ham United's press release confirming Perkins had decided to move on at the end of last season, opting not to extend his stay in East London, left little to the imagination.

Last year, Perkins netted 12 times for the Hammers in the league above PL2 Division 2, in which Leeds currently compete.

His decision to swap Rush Green for Thorp Arch, where first-team opportunities - evidenced by the progression of Joe Gelhardt, Sam Greenwood and Crysencio Summerville - appeared a more realistic possibility, was met with disappointment in the east end of London.

At Leeds, there was quiet optimism that the England youth international could build on his form of last season, in which he received April's PL2 Player of the Month award.

The 18-year-old's morning improved further with an announcement shortly before midday, that he had been included in Simon Rusk's England Under-19 squad for the first time, ahead of upcoming fixtures against Montenegro, Georgia and Denmark.

Perkins is joined in the Under-19s' group by fellow summer signing Darko Gyabi whose first-team exposure has been limited to the pre-season tour of Australia so far. But, on showings such as Friday night, the former Manchester City prospect hailing from south London clearly isn't too far from senior contention.

Each and every player appearing for the Under-21s is aiming for senior consideration, what with Marsch's willingness to offer minutes in the Carabao Cup, FA Cup and in the latter stages of Premier League fixtures.

As more than 10,000 supporters filed into Elland Road for a glimpse of first-team headliners Liam Cooper, Patrick Bamford and new boy Willy Gnonto, Perkins was also named on the teamsheet in what was a formidable XI, stretching the boundaries of what can be defined as 'Under-21 football'.

Notably, the versatile forward was selected ahead of more traditional No. 9 Mateo Joseph, who was understandably usurped in attack by Bamford, despite his own blistering start to 2022/23.

Perkins' demeanour off the pitch is quiet and unassuming, but on the field he is a strong competitor for his age. Alongside the senior professionals on Friday night, the ex-Hammers teenager did not appear out of place, tactically or physically, and especially when playing with his back to goal.

When required to withstand pressure from behind, Perkins held his ground, flicking the ball round the corner, more often than not to a teammate; his first instinct was always to play forward when sensible and appropriate.

While not a vocal individual, he dwarfs his agemates, rides challenges like a player with greater experience and finishes assuredly, if his six-goal haul didn't already suggest as much.

The majority of his time as a Leeds player thus far had come from the right-hand side of United's attack, but on Friday, Perkins was deployed deeper and more central, outlining his positional flexibility.

His opening half hour required some adaptation to the role and accompanying personnel, many of whom he had trained with during the week along with other blue-chip youngsters, but shortly before half-time Perkins' link play shone.

Picking the ball up and driving towards the Southampton box as he did so frequently, Perkins unselfishly laid on a pass for an unmarked Bamford whose shot cannoned away for a Leeds corner. From the resulting set-piece, Leeds scored their fourth of the evening.

One thing coaches and club officials will continually reiterate when posed with the question of an exciting player's development, is that there is always room for improvement. And despite the strong start Perkins has made to his Leeds career, the shining light of United's rousing 6-2 win over Southampton's B side was Crysencio Summerville, a player 12-18 months ahead of Perkins in his own development.

The Dutchman has infiltrated the first-team on occasion while at Under-21 level has looked a class above for the past year. Once again, his hard running, tackling and composure to find through balls creating goalscoring chances made all the difference.

Not to be outshone by his more experienced teammate, though, a quarter of an hour into the second half and Perkins demonstrated precisely why Leeds raised eyebrows upon signing the teenager this summer. Strong-arming Southampton challenges on the edge of the Saints' area, Perkins bought a yard for himself and converted with aplomb into the bottom corner, with his weaker right foot no less.

In doing so, the 18-year-old maintained his 100 per cent record with Leeds Under-21s, with a sixth goal in five matches - scoring at least one in each.

It capped another inspiring performance, another 90 minutes, and further vindication that Leeds' scouting of the country's youth divisions is an avenue they are more than justified in continuing to explore.

Leeds Under-21s' fifth game of the season yielded their fourth win and a continuation of their unbeaten start. Admittedly, the youngsters were assisted greatly by the experience - and goals - of Liam Cooper, Patrick Bamford, Luke Ayling and Junior Firpo, but there were plenty of encouraging performances from those under the age of 21, Perkins included.

A day which began with league-wide recognition, an England call and selection among an XI which included several senior players, finished with yet another goal for Sonny Perkins.

Patrick Bamford grabbed a hat-trick on the night, while Perkins' call-up, Player of the Month award and prolongation of his 100 per cent scoring record prove these things do come in threes.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-youngster-compounds-premier-league-rivals-transfer-anguish-with-personal-treble-3846803
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Sv: Ung spiller: Sonny Perkins
« Svar #4 på: August 17, 2023, 22:49:07 »
Farke har hatt noen utsegn på presserne som eg har stusset på. Nå har Beren Cross (Leeds-Live) grepet fatt i nettopp dette og skrevet en artikkel rundt det.

Det er tydelig at Farke ikke er imponert over treningsinnsatsen til Perkins.

Håpet er jo at han tar utfordringen fra treneren og viser at han vil være med på 'prosjekt Farke' - for evnene har han jo vist at han har!

Sonny Perkins has struggled to make an impression under Daniel Farke since the manager arrived at Leeds United and a repeated message on training effort from the German suggests the youngster may need to show more.

Performances from Sonny Perkins need to improve in training if he has any chance of even making Daniel Farke’s bench at Leeds United. In two consecutive press conferences, Farke has been asked about the former West Ham United youth and twice the manager has talked about earning selection, even if it means the squad is not full.

On Saturday, Farke only selected eight substitutes, despite the rules allowing him nine. The German even preferred a second goalkeeper to any of the outfield choices in his Thorp Arch ranks.

It had been understood Perkins was too sick to play for either the under-21s or the first team last week, hence his absence. However, Farke’s repeated stance on players earning their shirt under him was a clear instruction to the 19-year-old, who has been used sparingly all summer by the German.

“He's available if I pick him, I spoke also at length about the situation,” he said on Wednesday. “Each of your players has the chance to shine in training, to improve and to show he's ready to play.

On Saturday, after being asked about Perkins, Farke said: "What I want to see is you grab your chance in training and have to feel you're fully committed, you show quality in training. Also, that you want to be involved and then you have a chance to be picked.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-absence-daniel-farke-27543261
« Siste redigering: August 17, 2023, 22:50:40 av Asbjørn »
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

enur

Sv: Spiller: Sonny Perkins
« Svar #5 på: August 25, 2023, 21:33:24 »

Marching on together

RoarG

Sv: Spiller: Sonny Perkins
« Svar #6 på: August 26, 2023, 12:54:46 »
Utlånt til Oxford ut sesongen.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/31899/sonny-perkins-joins-oxford-united-on-loan
Får håpe på en videre utvikling hos U-ene. Hvis ikke, er det bare å selge.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020