Skrevet av Emne: NYTT: Norske i britisk fotball  (Lest 40098 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

kjelvi

Sv: NYTT: Norske i britisk fotball
« Svar #270 på: August 14, 2008, 14:59:18 »
KEEGAN PONDERING TRIALISTS FUTURE
Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan is pondering whether to offer trialists Lukasz Kominiak and Aleksander Solli contracts at St James' Park.
The two 18-year-olds have been training with the Magpies this week and both played for Adam Sadler's reserves on Wednesday against Newcastle Blue Star.
The match was abandoned with the scoreline still goalless but Sadler was impressed by the pair.
"The lads have only been in the country for a day, but the way they have gone about their business is great," Sadler told the Evening Chronicle.
"I think they performed well last night.
"It's difficult to go to any country and get straight into it with lads that you don't know in tough conditions. They coped well."
Keegan watched the match from the stands and will continue to monitor the duo in training over the next two days.
Norwegian defender Solli plays for Second Division side Lov-Ham in his homeland, while Kominiak is a Polish left-back currently registered with Wisla Krakow.

http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksander_Solli
http://lov-ham.no/articlesmal_2.asp?articleno=333&segment=1&session=
http://www.ba.no/sport/fotball/engelsk/article3713367.ece

kjelvi

« Svar #271 på: August 16, 2008, 13:06:37 »
CAREW TARGETS CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Aston Villa striker John Carew is setting his sights high as he prepares to spearhead the attack in their opening Barclays Premier League game of the season against Manchester City at Villa Park on Sunday.
Villa were something of a surprise package last season, finishing sixth despite having the smallest squad in the top flight.
Carew wants to at least match that this term, but the ultimate goal at Villa is to gatecrash the big four and the riches that would be on offer in the Champions League.
It is a big ask, but Norwegian international Carew likes to set himself a challenge.
The former Lyon marksman, who is confident he will recover from the ankle injury that forced him to miss Thursday's UEFA Cup qualifier against FH Hafnarfjordur, said: "We were sixth last season and the goal is to be better this time.
"We were close to Liverpool for a lot of time last season and now we have a stronger squad.
"There is no reason to believe that we can't reach the top four.
"It is my belief and I hope that everyone else believes it as well. We have a chance to do it."
Carew certainly sees himself playing a long-term role at Villa Park having signed a one-year contract extension this week that ties him to the club until the summer of 2011.
It is a big step for the nomadic Carew, who in the last eight years has played in six different countries.
He joined Villa in January last year from Lyon in a swap deal that saw Milan Baros move to France.
Far from getting itchy feet, Carew has settled well at Villa, and added: "I am very happy here.
"This is a challenge for me and I do like a challenge. There is a great environment at the club and I like the way that we all pull together.
"We are one unit and that is very important for me. There is a great group of players here. It is an ambitious young squad that can only get better and better.
"I am only 28, but I have been in the game a long time so I hope I can help the younger players."
Carew also hopes Villa's England international midfielder Gareth Barry will be at Villa Park for the long term to help develop the club.
Barry's proposed move to Liverpool could now be off once and for all after he played in Europe this week, meaning he would not be eligible for the Champions League until next year.
Carew said: "Gareth is a great player. I hope he stays and all the players want him to stay."

Sleivind

« Svar #272 på: August 23, 2008, 22:46:06 »
Keru scorte igjen idag! Men det som var mest overraskende var vel at Hangeland ble matchvinner mot selveste Arsenal!  :D

kjelvi

« Svar #273 på: August 24, 2008, 00:16:21 »
Keru scorte igjen idag! Men det som var mest overraskende var vel at Hangeland ble matchvinner mot selveste Arsenal!  :D

Fulham 1-0 Arsenal: The Cottagers pick up an unexpected win when Brede Hangerland stabs home from Jimmy Bullard's first-half corner

Villa equalise soon after the hour when Ashley Young finds John Carew who beats Thomas Sorensen with a low shot across goal

kjelvi

« Svar #274 på: August 29, 2008, 18:42:25 »
Newcastle are set to swoop for Rosenberg midfield man Per Ciljan Skjelbred after they were told he is now available. (Daily Star)

kjelvi

kjelvi

« Svar #276 på: September 16, 2008, 13:49:55 »
CAREW OUT OF BULGARIA TRIP
Aston Villa striker John Carew is not travelling to Bulgaria for the club's UEFA Cup tie against Litex Lovech.
Norwegian international Carew injured his ankle in Monday night's 2-1 win over Tottenham at White Hart Lane and will remain in Birmingham for treatment.
Despite the setback, Villa are hopeful he might yet prove his fitness for the weekend derby with West Brom.

kjelvi

« Svar #277 på: September 22, 2008, 13:00:30 »

West Brom 1-2 Aston Villa: Knowing a win will lift them into the top four, the visitors see John Carew head them into a 27th-minute lead

Dennis

« Svar #278 på: September 22, 2008, 16:33:40 »
Det er vanvittig moro å se John Carew på sitt beste!

Eller mer korrekt, det er utrolig givende å se en manager som faktisk vet hvordan John Carew bør brukes.
Marching on together!

kjelvi

« Svar #279 på: Oktober 18, 2008, 12:34:58 »
Morten Gamst Pedersen could be a target for Fulham, West Brom and Middlesbrough in January after hinting he is fed up with being subbed by Blackburn boss Paul Ince. (Daily Mirror)

kjelvi

« Svar #280 på: Oktober 20, 2008, 23:24:53 »
Blackburn boss: No Pedersen rift

Blackburn boss Paul Ince denies a rift with Morten Gamst Pedersen who did not make Rovers 18-man squad for the 0-0 draw at Bolton.
He told the club's official website: "Morten had been away with Norway, he played against Holland, played against Scotland, but I just felt that the way the game was, that it wasn't the type of game for him.
"The good thing about this team now is that we've got 20 players that you can pick from. Players are going to be left out, players will be on the bench.
"That is the kind of competition you want, that is healthy competition and if you've got that then you've got a chance.
"We've got some fantastic players and if you can couple that with the spirit that we've shown defensively then we've got something going here."

kjelvi

« Svar #281 på: Oktober 22, 2008, 09:44:21 »
Blackburn boss Paul Ince has told out-of-favour Morten Gamst Pederson to fight for his place.  (The Sun)

kjelvi

« Svar #282 på: Oktober 25, 2008, 09:29:01 »
Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill is to investigate claims John Carew was in a nightclub hours before his side's Uefa Cup game against Ajax. (The Sun)

kjelvi

« Svar #283 på: Oktober 25, 2008, 09:40:26 »
Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill is to investigate claims John Carew was in a nightclub hours before his side's Uefa Cup game against Ajax. (The Sun)

Carew in Villa curfew probe

MARTIN O’NEILL is to investigate claims striker John Carew was in a nightclub just hours before Aston Villa’s big European date with Ajax.
Carew faces a £100,000 fine — two weeks’ wages — if the Villa boss discovers the player broke a pre-match curfew.
The striker did not play in the 2-1 UEFA Cup victory over the Dutchmen after complaining of tiredness and sickness earlier in the week.
But O’Neill decided to leave him out only at the last moment which meant that Carew was still part of the squad.
Yet Villa have been told he was apparently in the high-class Rocket Club in Birmingham at 1am on Thursday.
Villa fans insist they saw him in the company of a girlfriend and sipping soft drinks.
Club rules allow players to go out the night before a game, perhaps for a meal, but to be home well before midnight.
Carew, 29, watched the Ajax game from the stands.
He is expected to play on Sunday at Wigan.
The player had blood tests at the start of the week after telling the club doctor he was jaded on his return from international duty.
They came up negative which left O’Neill with the dilemma of whether to rest him or include him against Ajax. The boss decided at the last minute not to include Carew in the final 18.
The Norwegian arrived at Villa Park from Lyon in January last year in a swap deal with Milan Baros.
He is a big favourite with fans and has scored 21 goals in his 55 games.
O’Neill said: “John has come back from the international matches and felt a bit under the weather.
“He’s trained all right and the tests have come back negative. I thought I would leave him out to get prepared for Wigan but he’s absolutely fine.”
Per Flod, Carew’s agent, said last night: “I have nothing to say to the Press about such matters.”
Another striker will be occupying O’Neill’s thoughts at the JJB Stadium tomorrow.
He sold Emile Heskey, 30, to Liverpool in 2000 when he was Leicester boss.
Villa are one of the clubs linked with the Wigan ace who will be a free agent in the summer but O’Neill was coy about declaring any official interest.
He said: “If Emile allows his contract to run out then he will have a number of suitors because he has done very well.
“I have the utmost regard for him and what he does for the rest of his life is down to him.”

kjelvi

« Svar #284 på: Oktober 27, 2008, 13:48:12 »
Nattklubb-kongen putter!

kjelvi

« Svar #285 på: Oktober 29, 2008, 15:50:08 »

"It was a large oversight on his behalf and the players think he should have been fined double! I used to do it myself - not lap dancing, there weren't such things in my day!"

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill on striker John Carew's rather indiscrete visit to a "special" dancing club ahead of their Uefa Cup game against Ajax.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/funny_old_game/7693805.stm

lojosang

« Svar #286 på: Oktober 30, 2008, 11:23:00 »
Har Carew tatt seg bijobb som lapdancer?
BILDENE! BILDENE!
Arrrgh!

;D ;D ;D
- Leif Olav

kjelvi

« Svar #287 på: November 07, 2008, 10:33:50 »
"John Carew, Carew. He likes a lapdance or two. He might even pay for you. John Carew, Carew."
Villa fans at Wigan.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/funny_old_game/7702630.stm

kjelvi

« Svar #288 på: November 10, 2008, 20:55:27 »
O'Neill: Aston Villa can be Carew's spiritual home

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill hopes John Carew has found his "spiritual home" at Villa Park.
He told Villa's website: "John has been exceptional at Villa. His reputation seems to suggest that he doesn't spend a lot of time at individual clubs. He seems to have been floating around all over Europe.
"I hope he has now found his spiritual home here. He is very popular with the crowd and with the players. And if he continues to play like he has since he joined, he will be an incredible asset for us.
"He has to keep believing in his own ability. He has to realise he is a quality striker and he can do so much for us.
"I have been delighted with him - really pleased. John has been terrific."

kjelvi

« Svar #289 på: November 10, 2008, 20:58:02 »
West Brom to bid for Molde defender Vegard Forren

Molde defender Vegard Forren is a £4 million target for West Brom.
Forren, 20, has also attracted interest from Wigan, Newcastle United and Sampdoria.
He signed a five-year contract at Molde last year but is now seeking talks about his future at the club as interest in him grows.

kjelvi

« Svar #290 på: November 18, 2008, 18:07:58 »
Manchester United are considering a bid for Valerenga's Norwegian striker Moa Abdellaoui. (Daily Star)

kjelvi

« Svar #291 på: November 18, 2008, 18:14:21 »
REGINIUSSSEN COULD BE ROVERS-BOUND

Tromso defender Tore Reginiussen will undergo a medical at Blackburn next week with a view to a January transfer, according to the Norwegian club.
The 22-year-old, who can also play in midfield, is set to arrive in Lancashire on Sunday and spend a few days with the club after impressing Rovers' scouts with recent displays.
A winter move would see Reginiussen follow in the footsteps of Morten Gamst Pedersen, who made the switch between the two clubs four years ago.
Tromso director Tom Bendiksen told club website www.til.no: "We are going to facilitate a transfer for Tore, and it might well be to Blackburn. We have a strong and positive relationship with that club."
Sporting director Morten Kraemer added: "It is gratifying that Tromso have players who are considered attractive by major European clubs."
The highly-rated centre-back won his first Norway cap earlier this year and scored his first international goal in the 1-1 draw against the Republic of Ireland in August.

kjelvi

« Svar #292 på: November 21, 2008, 15:16:19 »
KINNEAR IDENTIFIES JANUARY TARGETS
Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear could target John Arne Riise and Denilson in the January transfer window.
The 61-year-old will send his team out at Chelsea on Saturday uncertain how long he will remain in charge at St James' Park with the club's ownership still up for grabs.
However, he has already drawn up a shortlist of potential targets to give to current owner Mike Ashley should his stay extend into the new year, and it is understood the names of the the Roma defender and Arsenal midfielder are on it.
Kinnear has made no secret of his belief that the current squad needs significant strengthening if relegation from the Barclays Premier League is to be avoided, and if the club remains in his hands, Ashley faces a big decision over any further investment.
The interim boss did not identify his targets by name, but has hinted at making loan moves for Riise and Denilson.
Kinnear said: "I have already got my shortlist ready and I will be giving it to Mike.
"We need two players in as soon as possible, and I have them in mind.
"One is with Roma and he is not in the team at the moment. The other is a player who has already scored against us this season.
"I know their agents and what they would be is loan deals from January until the end of the season. I already know the player in Rome would cost us £2million to bring over here.
"We need to strengthen the team and the squad, and if we can get them, they would be a big boost because both are top-class players."
Norway international Riise, 28, joined Roma in a £4million switch from Liverpool during the summer and despite starting eight league games this season, is not an automatic selection.
Twenty-year-old Brazilian Denilson is one of Arsene Wenger's emerging talents and has figured in 18 of the Gunners' 21 games to date this season. (........)

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer_centre/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/08/11/21/SOCCER_Newcastle_Nightlead.html

kjelvi

« Svar #293 på: November 26, 2008, 15:28:30 »
Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill has told John Carew he is no longer an automatic first-choice pick as a striker. (Various)

John Carew has been warned that he is no longer an automatic selection for Aston Villa. (Daily Star)
« Siste redigering: November 26, 2008, 15:31:13 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #294 på: November 26, 2008, 15:32:58 »

Skjelbred - not in talks.

SKJELBRED DISMISSES SPECULATION
Per Ciljan Skjelbred has admitted that Newcastle 'might be a possibility' in the future but stressed that there have been no talks as yet.
Reports recently suggested that the Magpies had agreed terms with Skjelbred's club Rosenborg ahead of a January move to St James' Park.
The midfielder's agent dismissed the speculation earlier this week and Skjelbred himself has now insisted that a deal is not being negotiated.
The Norway international, who has been linked with a £7million transfer to England, is staying focused on Rosenborg at the present time.
However, he has hinted that he might be interested in a switch to Newcastle at some stage in his career.
"I haven't heard anything from Newcastle,"
"Newcastle is a good club, it might be a possibility in the future. But right now it is Rosenborg that matters."

kjelvi

« Svar #295 på: November 26, 2008, 15:34:11 »
Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear could target John Arne Riise and Denilson in the January transfer window.
The 61-year-old will send his team out at Chelsea on Saturday uncertain how long he will remain in charge at St James' Park with the club's ownership still up for grabs.

Riise - Newcastle target.

KINNEAR CONFIRMS RIISE INTEREST
Newcastle interim boss Joe Kinnear has admitted he has enquired about the availability of Roma's John Arne Riise.
Kinnear is plotting new signings when the transfer window reopens and a new left-back is thought to be top of his wanted list.
Riise is among Kinnear's targets, with the former Liverpool star struggling to hold down a regular place in the Roma starting XI.
However Kinnear is not optimistic over his side's chances of landing the Norwegian full-back.
"John's name came up specifically because he's not been in their team and he's a good player," Kinnear told The Journal.
"We made contact with their club and asked 'Is there any chance of a loan?' and that's as far as it's got at the moment.
"And what happened after I'd made the call? He's back in the team and playing well, which changes things. When you make the call you're always aware that things can change."
Meanwhile, Kinnear could be boosted by the return to action of Mark Viduka this weekend against Middlesbrough.
Viduka has yet to feature for Newcastle this season because of an Achilles problem, but he is back in training and could be on the bench for the trip to his old club Middlesbrough.
"He's not far off, I can tell you. Obviously he hasn't had games but you might find that he's on the bench on Saturday."
"What we decided to do with Mark was to ask him to try and come back into training.
"We didn't want to hurry him up because we don't want to risk him breaking down again but if he felt like he could come back into the sessions then we were happy for him to do that.
"It was a matter of bringing him back gradually and seeing what he could manage but he's surprised us all.
"He's got better and better as the days have gone on and some of the things he's been doing have been excellent. We'll see how he goes now but there is a chance of him being involved."

kjelvi

« Svar #296 på: November 27, 2008, 09:37:31 »
Newcastle interim boss Joe Kinnear has admitted he has enquired about the availability of Roma's John Arne Riise.
Kinnear is plotting new signings when the transfer window reopens and a new left-back is thought to be top of his wanted list.

Kinnear is waiting to discover whether his bid to bring in Roma's former Liverpool full-back John Arne Riise on loan has been successful. (The Guardian)

kjelvi

« Svar #297 på: November 28, 2008, 09:52:36 »
Kinnear is waiting to discover whether his bid to bring in Roma's former Liverpool full-back John Arne Riise on loan has been successful. (The Guardian)

Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear has been told to forget about a January move for Roma defender John Arne Riise by the former Liverpool player's agent. (The Sun)

kjelvi

« Svar #298 på: November 29, 2008, 11:33:41 »
REGINIUSSSEN COULD BE ROVERS-BOUND
Tromso defender Tore Reginiussen will undergo a medical at Blackburn next week with a view to a January transfer, according to the Norwegian club.
The 22-year-old, who can also play in midfield, is set to arrive in Lancashire on Sunday and spend a few days with the club after impressing Rovers' scouts with recent displays.

Blackburn are considering a January move for on-trial Norway defender Tore Reginiussen. (The Times)
Paul Ince is mulling over a January deal for on-trial Norway defender Tore Reginiussen. (The Sun)
« Siste redigering: November 29, 2008, 11:37:17 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #299 på: November 29, 2008, 11:36:39 »
Fulham centre-back Brede Hangeland is stalling on signing a new contract due to interest from Arsenal and Tottenham.  (The Sun)