Skrevet av Emne: Ratings leeds- norwich  (Lest 3105 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

B-m

Ratings leeds- norwich
« på: August 07, 2006, 20:31:47 »
Artig at Westlake og Carole gjorde intrykk de få minuttene! Spennende ung-gutter! Ellers er det gledelig at Stone gjorde en bra kamp!

*Warner - 8 - My man of match (when I realised we were kicking the other way & he was our keeper).
Kelly - 7 - Never went missing or showed any signs of nipping off to the bar
Butler - 6 - The sooner he gives birth the better
Kilgallon - 7 - Too quick and impossing to stay with us (also get greegs in to free up loads of bench space)
Crainey - 7 - best performance yet from him (not bad for a ginger jock)
Stone - 7 - His experience & passing ability help to make up for his Douglas Baderesque speed.
Bakke - 6 - Could do with sending someone to the enthusiasm shop for him.
Derry - 7 - Didnt recognise him without the air & with his Giles type passing "attempts".
Lewis - 5 - I think he played shit but I am biased, I like him.
Healy - 7 - As this reputation of not caring & wants a move so to avoid falling out with people on here he was crap.
Horsfield - 7 - As the phisique of Butlers dreams and looks nice in that new shirt

Carole - 7 - Awsome (this bit aint a piss take) this kid is the dogs do-dars
Westlake - 7 - Will become a permanant favourite with the fans
Moore - 5 - Looked good on the bench, then came on late but tired quickly after his first minute

Overall 7 out of 10. Great start considering that we wasted all preseason for whatever reason (some good some bad). I am definately very upbeat after watching the game & realising that a Leeds team can have a midfield that plays good football, me thinks Curbishly might have to wait a while longer than October.

------------------------------------------------------------------
*Warner - 8 - made some crucial saves although would like to see him off his line faster
Kelly - 7 - Looked solid
Butler - 6 - Some good tackles and won most headers but seemed run about a little by Earnshaw
Killa - 8 - Very solid at the back, won most tackles and headers althouhg would like to see him keep the ball on the floor
Crainey - 8 - Fantastic performance with some good tackles and attacked well
Stone - 7 - Looked lost in the first half but 2nd half looked very involved and looked very creative once Westlake was introduced into the game
Bakke - 7 - Like Stone, looked better as the game went on, but expected more.
Derry - 7 - Gave the ball away cheaply in the first half and was at fault for some of Norwich's chances, but second half was far better, passed the ball well, long balls were very good and was part on a strong 2nd half midfield.
Lewis - 6 - Ok but nothing special, passing was good and was more involved than last season, but still cant beat man.
Healy - 7 - Good penalty, looked a little over run by the defence at times but when he had space made some very good passes.
Horsefield - 8 - Ran his bollocks off, great at holding the ball up, made some very smart passes and looked very comitted to the cause.

Subs:
Moore - 6 - Not enough time to have a real impact on the game as usual, but gave all he had.
Wstlake - 8 - Awesome on the ball, found space and once he was on the pitch, brought the best out of Derry, Stone and basically the rest of the team, god knows why he didnt start and should definately be in the 1st 11 on tuesday, just the sort of creativity that Leeds lacked last season.
Carole - 8 - Very good on the ball, looked lively, pace, beat men, in and around the box and again a bit of creativity that Leeds need.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
*Disagree with the comments on Stone so far. I thought his workrate was superb for the first 70 minutes, and he was involved in just about everything we did well.

Otherwise:

Warner :8 Great save from Earnshaw and looked good dealing with corners
Kelly: 7 Supported well out wide, not too troubled.
Butler: 6 - Kept losing his man and then pointing and shouting at others
Killa: 7 - Did most stuff well
Crainey: 7 - Like watching Brazil
Stone: 8 - involved himself in everything, lacked pace but passed very well
Derry: 7 - Not fully fit, sometimes tried a difficult pass when an easy one would do
Bakke: 5 - Not fit, lazy, woeful distribution
Lewis: 5 - Won't take people on, didn't track back, drop him.
Horsfield: 8 - Held the ball up well
Healy: 8 - Some great touches, well taken penalty

Carole: Did well at the end, looked for the ball, kept it well and linked up with Kelly and Stone
Westlake: Helped keep the ball very well in the last 10 minutes, something we didn't do last season
Moore: Did he touch the ball?

Warner - 7.5 - Looked Good. Couple of cracking saves. seems like he'll dominate his area. Good Debut
Kelly - 7 - Steady
Butler - 6 - How much weight has he put on???? Look very pedestrian but won a couple of good challenges
Kilgallon - 8 - Excellent. Our MoM.
Crainey - 7 - Not bad for him. Pinged a few very good balls around and got a couple of early tackles in
Stone - 7 - Poor out right early on but some very astute passing once he came into the middle
Bakke - 5 - Usual ineffectual self. Was knackered by half time, though god knows why. A disgrace to the shirt.
Derry - 6.5 - Looked off the pace but got stuck in all the way through
Lewis - 6 - Also looked off the pace. Same as last year.
Healy - 7.5 - Not bad performance. took penalty well but looked pissed off when he came off
Horsfield - 7 - Ran himself into the ground, niggled at Doherty alll game. Never a real goal threat though. Missed a sitter.

Carole - 7 - Rod Wallace look-a like but seemed confident (Blackwell will shake that out of him) and pacey
Westlake - 7 - Mark my words this guy will be good if he keeps up with that. Looked lively, wanted the ball, ran off the ball (I recognised that part of football games from years ago...).
Moore - 4 - never got into the game. Why is he still here? And how did he score all those goals at Burnley?

Generally, much the same as last year. Opposition played better football, had the better chances, looked quicker than us. However we dug in, had a fair few chances ourselves and held on for a win. We started 4-4-2 !!!!!! but as soon as it got a bit sticky Blackwell went back to 4-5-1.

WARNING SIGNS
1) Mrs Butler is obviously a bloody good cook !!!!
2) We lack any pace at all in midfield (await the real introduction of Nicholls and Westlake though)
3) Healy better bang em in cos The Horse ain't going to
4) If we let Killa go we could have problems

*A good 3 points against a tricky opponent. After a decent enough start, Norwich took control of the first half and ran rings around our outnumbered midfield. We got on top towards the end of the half, though. An interesting conundrum for us 4-4-2 fans, as I reckon we'd almost certainly have lost had Blackie not moved Stone infield and put Healy into a wider position. Hats off to the manager for making the change. Norwich started like they meant business in the second half but we kept them at bay with a mixture of hard work and some good fortune. Eventually, they seemed to run out of steam but could still have nicked a point towards the end. Has to be said, though, that if Earnshaw had been able to hit a cow's arse with his banjo, we'd surely have lost by a fair old margin.

Warner 8 - confident debut, probably saved us from a beating; looks a safe pair of hands
Kelly 6 - usual mixed bag of the good, the bad and the aimless hoof forward
Butler 5 - Earnshaw gave him a torrid first half; surely a man out of time?
Kilgallon 7 - got better and better as the game wore on; roll on the close of that transfer window
Crainey 6 - decent enough performance with some good passing; understandably ran out of steam
Stone 6 - tidy in his work but no longer has the legs to really hurt opponents from the flank
Derry 6 - off the pace, especially at the start, but kept battling away
Bakke 5 - as wasteful and frustrating as ever
Lewis 5 - weak and lily-livered, let's give the boy Carole a go in his place
Healy 6 - occasionally menacing and took his penalty well; odd that he was subbed
Horsfield 6 - rugged old warhorse did exactly what it says on the tin; wish he'd put away that sitter for 2-0

Carole - looks like he can make a menace of himself if we can get the ball to him in the right areas
Westlake - promising, helped us control the game towards the end; I'd start him in place of Bakke
Moore - hard-working and mediocre

Overall, this was something to build on. We've taken a barely-deserved 3 points from a useful opponent and done it with a patched up team including new faces and players who've had virtually no pre-season. A sweaty but ultimately enjoyable beginning to my comeback season.

*Warner - 8 - Solid - who needs Sully eh ?
Kelly - 7 - In control
Butler - 6 - Poor - not his usual self.
Kilgallon - 9 - Simply outstanding
Crainey - 7 - Not bad - poor passing though.....
Stone - 7 - Lively - but tired towards the end.
Bakke - 6 - Looked very unfit.
Derry - 7 - Good game
Lewis - 6 - Lively but not the finished article today.
Healy - 8 - Good finish - livley and I'd have kept him on...
Horsfield - 8 - Great debut - hungry and pit himself about.

Carole - 7 - Good 15 mins or so..
Westlake - 6 - Looked good on the ball.
Moore - 5 - Not enough time to make an impression...

Team performance - 7/10 - just wish Horsfield had poked the ball home in the second half....

Enjoyed KB's rant on Radio Leeds on the way home....looks like he means business this season...

*Warner: 8 - Assured performance - couple of top class saves from Earnshaw.
Kelly: 7 - Steady. Linked up nicely with both Stone & Carole
Butler: 6 - Could be our achilles heel this year - 1 season too far perhaps
Kilgallon: 9 - Hardly put a foot wrong all day
Crainey: 7 - Defensively sound despite a lack of pace. Passing disappointing.
Stone: 7 - Better once he moved inside. Cross for Horsfield deserved better.
Derry: 7 - Not at his commanding best. A few misplaced passes which could have cost us on another day.
Bakke: 6 - Disappeared for portions of the game. Flashes of what he can do though.
Lewis: 6 - Needs to try and beat his man. Should have done better with the header
Healy: 8 - Most of the good stuff involved Healy. Petulance led to booking though.
Horsfield: 7 - Worked hard. Held the ball up well. Should have scored though.

Carole: 7 - Looks a decent prospect. Demanded the ball and used it well.
Westlake: 6 - Not enough time to judge. Kept the ball and passed well.
Moore: 6 - Keen and committed in the short time he had. We'll not see much of him this season though.

*Warner - 8 - Couple of great saves. Good Debut
Kelly - 7 - Steady performance as always
Butler - 6 - Decent game, won most things in the air and made a couple of big tackles but always looks on edge when playing against pace.
Kilgallon - 8 - Didn't put a foot wrong, lets hope we keep him!
Crainey - 8 - His best game in a Leeds shirt to date imo.
Stone - 6 - Ok performance, won a few tackles but cant beat a man.
Bakke - 7 - We know he is better than that, gave the ball away a few times but will come good.
Derry - 7 - Looked Unfit which was to be expected but never stopped.
Lewis - 5 - Looked off the pace. Left back might be his position if he learns to tackle
Healy - 8 - Took penalty well, seemed to be involed in everything.
Horsfield - 8 - Won everything in the air, ran himself to a standstill. More aggressive than Hulse. My man of the match.

Carole - 7 - Looks like he can beat a man, quick, tricky - encouraged by him.
Westlake - 7 - Passed the ball well
Moore - 5 - never got into the game

*Warner - 8 - Excellent game, kept us in it with some great saves
Kelly - 7 - Steady performance
Butler - 5 - Needs dropping
Kilgallon - 7 - Didn't put a foot wrong, won every 50/50 ball & dominated in the air
Crainey - 7 - better performance than most last year
Stone - 6 - Didn't impress
Bakke - 6 - Clearly not match fit
Derry - 7 - Not at his best, did enough - better in the 1st half
Lewis - 5 - He's got no pace, 100% not a winger - seemed more comfortable at left back
Healy - 8 - Excellent off the ball movement, took the penalty well & looked dangerous
Horsfield - 7 - Decent performance, not fit (no fault of his own) - seems like the kinda player you can bring on with 20 minutes remaining to sure things up

Carole - 7 - Lennon without the skill, exciting player - actually looked to take on his man
Westlake - 7 - Lively
Moore - 5 - Shit

Blackwell - 8 - So shit he's brilliant? Taking off Healy baffled me, specially considering how tired Bakke looked. But bringing Crainey off and dropping Lewis to left back worked really well, we looked a better team.

Agree. I thought Stone was excellent once he'd moved inside. A real influence on the match.

Warner 7 - One great save, confident with crosses, looked a bit edgy dealing with pass backs
Kelly 7 - Showed the kind of form he produced last season
Crainey 6 - Exposed by lack of cover at times, but I thought he was competent
Butler 5 - Struggled a bit for pace (as was expected), but also dozed off a couple of times which was more disappointing
Kilgallon 7 - Not much wrong with that display
Derry 8 - Excellent display, authoritative
Stone 8 - Excellent once he had moved inside, an experienced head that leads by example
Bakke 5 - Poor distribution, not up to it for me
Lewis 5 - Didn't do enough, still no pace
Horsfield 7 - missing a complete sitter aside, it was a far superior display as target man to anything I thing Hulse could produce
Healy 7 - most good stuff going forawrd came through him

Westlake 7 - assured
Carole 7 - looks a good player
« Siste redigering: August 07, 2006, 20:33:05 av B-m »
---------------------------
who killed Trondheimwhite?

Karl Hot Shot

Re: Ratings leeds- norwich
« Svar #1 på: August 07, 2006, 21:12:16 »
Naar man ser noen av disse vurderingen over, lurer man paa hvor mange pints med oel de har drukket foer kampen. Eirik Bakke, Matthew Kilgallon og David Healy er de eneste klassespillerne vi har paa laget, og ogsaa Bakke viste det tydelig paa loerdag. Distribusjonen og blikket hans er kreativt, mens Derry bare slaar stoettepasninger.

auren

« Svar #2 på: August 07, 2006, 22:40:52 »
Saa du kampen live Karl?

Leeds
Till
I
Die!
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

ragnar

« Svar #3 på: August 07, 2006, 22:59:50 »
Derry mangler vel litt kamptrening, så er forståeligt om han velger det sikre fremfor det mer usikre.

Det virker som mange mener Butler var det svake leddet på lørdag. Og at Lewis burde omskolers til back permanent.

Spennende at de fleste mente at Carole og Westlake virker lovende og kanskje vil heve laget.

*Champions of CCC 06/07*
*In El Loco we trust!*

Jon R

« Svar #4 på: August 07, 2006, 23:14:23 »
Hvis man tar et "gjennomsnitt" av alle vurderingene, virker det som om Warner (3), Kilgallon (2) og Horsefield ( 1) var de som utmerket seg mest. Ekstra gledelig at Crainey får gjennomgående positive kommentarer. [:)]

Butler,Lewis og til dels Bakke, får mest pepper. Legger de fleste ubevisst listen noe høyere for nordmannen, mon tro? [8)]

Jon R.
« Siste redigering: August 07, 2006, 23:18:08 av Jon R »
Jon R.

Tom S

« Svar #5 på: August 07, 2006, 23:23:03 »
Bakke viser tydelig at han har blikk for spillet og leverer ein del bra passninger iløpet av kampen. Jobber litt lite og virker for meg som han tar litt lett på å spille i CCC. Virket veldig tung i kroppen.
Trur Bakke vert god og viktig for oss denne sesongen (dersom han blir...)

Lista SKAL ligge høgare for Eirik!

quote:
Originally posted by Jon R

Hvis man tar et "gjennomsnitt" av alle vurderingene, virker det som om Warner (3), Kilgallon (2) og Horsefield ( 1) var de som utmerket seg mest. Ekstra gledelig at Crainey får gjennomgående positive kommentarer. [:)]

Butler,Lewis og til dels Bakke, får mest pepper. Legger de fleste ubevisst listen noe høyere for nordmannen, mon tro? [8)]

Jon R.

WE'RE LEEDS AND PROUD!!!
« Siste redigering: August 07, 2006, 23:23:58 av Tom S »
COME ON LEEDS !!

B-m

« Svar #6 på: August 07, 2006, 23:25:01 »
quote:

Jon R.

evt at karl legger listen noe lavere?

---------------------------
who killed Trondheimwhite?

veteranen

• Gjest
« Svar #7 på: August 07, 2006, 23:32:16 »
quote:

Jon R.

Dette kan ordnes med de spillerene vi allerede har i klubben:

Gregan kan ta Butlers plass. Han er en mer "spillende" stopper enn Butler, og vil sånn sett passe bedre som makker for Kilgallon. (Nå ble B-m glad! [8D])

Den løpsterke Nicholls vil (når han blir skadefri) ta plassen til den mer "sirompa" Bakke.

Og Westlake vil selvsagt danke ut Lewis, når han blir litt varm i Leeds-trøya.

Og hvis da Craney fortsetter å spille godt, så har vi altså et kanonlag! [:0]

Så enkelt er det... i teorien! [:D]

Trond A

« Svar #8 på: August 08, 2006, 03:33:15 »
Ser at Eirik Bakke uttaler til Bergens Tidende at han startet kampen mot Norwich med hodepinne og magetrøbbel, og i tillegg måtte spy i pausen. Dagsformen satt nok preg på det han presterte på banen.

Ellers "føler han seg inne i varmen igjen" etter å få spilt en del kamper i sesongoppkjøringen. Så får vi se om sogningen klarer å holde fokus på å bli værende i Leeds, eller om han "vender kappen etter vinden" slik han gjorde i forbindelse med låneoppholdet i Aston Villa.

Trond, Luscos medl. 338
Luscos medl. 338

flynn

« Svar #9 på: August 08, 2006, 15:10:58 »
Trodde det var hottentotter som brukte hodepinne jeg...

Flynn

lojosang

« Svar #10 på: August 08, 2006, 15:41:07 »
Når det ghjelder Waccoe tror jeg man alltid skal trekke 1-2 fra Healys poeng, legge til 1 eller to til Butler, Gregan og Crainey. Selv om det ser ut som Crainey får litt skryt denne gang.
De har sine gullgutter på Waccoe, ja.

Jokke for LUSCOS!
- Leif Olav

HåvardK

« Svar #11 på: August 08, 2006, 15:46:05 »
Skjønner ikke hva Bakke tenker på nå, med hodepinne og greier. La oss håpe han har fjernet denne til i kveld.