Skrevet av Emne: Jamie Forrester med 4 maal!  (Lest 3270 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

auren

Jamie Forrester med 4 maal!
« på: September 08, 2006, 21:59:41 »
Leeds tidligere STORE helt scoret altsaa 4 maal da hans Lincoln slo Mansfield 4-2 26.august (hattrick paa 14 min, dog to av maalene var paa straffe).

Dette MAA da vaere en spiller aa hente tilbake..[:D]

auren, som av ren kjedsommelighet oppretter en litt kjedelig traad..[:o)]

Leeds
Till
I
Die!
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Peter7

Re: Jamie Forrester med 4 maal!
« Svar #1 på: September 09, 2006, 03:57:06 »
Beckford boetta også inn maal i lavere liga ... gjesp

Crainey 4 Scotland
Vi skulle aldri ha solgt Terry Cooper til Middlesboro'

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Sv: Jamie Forrester
« Svar #2 på: Oktober 12, 2010, 12:32:25 »
Jeg vekker til live en gammel tråd :)

Jamie Forrester ankom Leeds som et skikkelig lovende talent. Etter hvert ventet vi på at han skulle slå gjennom slik Harry K hadde klart.

Det skjedde aldri :(

I disse bloggene forklarer Jamie hvorfor  ::)

http://dirtyleedscom.blogspot.com/2010/10/jamie-forrseter-my-time-at-leeds-united.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Dirtyleedscom%2Fblog+%28DirtyLeeds.com%2FBlog%29

http://beh1ndthescenes.wordpress.com/2010/10/10/my-time-at-leeds-united-part-1/

I signed for Leeds United in the September 1992 .It was the season which followed Leeds United’s First Division championship success. It was the first season of the newly formed Premier League. Sky Sports had just paid massive money for the TV rights and it seemed like the game was due to be taken to the next level. Leeds at that time were a club who were spending a lot of money and were assembling a squad full of big names with big reputations. Not that the fee paid for myself and Kevin Sharp from AJ Auxerre was going to break the bank.£120 k was the amount. I remember feeling more relieved than anything that my French nightmare had ended. When signing I thought that it was highly unlikely that I will get a chance in the first team but it was just great to be back in England again, back to normality. Another plus for me was the fact that a couple of old team-mates were already there. Mark Tinkler who I played with for England schoolboy’s U 15’s and Scott Cousins, who I was with at the National School at Lilleshall helped me settle in. Luckily we all ended up in the same digs together. Our digs were in Beeston, just at the top of the hill from Elland Road. The four of us stayed in the house of a family. They cooked,washed and cleaned up after us.Well I was nearly 18 years old!! To be fair to our landlady it wasn’t her responsibility to tell us when we had to be in and the places we should and shouldn’t go. The first weekend there all I could think about was getting a night out. There was a lot of lads there around my age so that weekend there was a good turn out, probably 8 or 9 of us. Early on in the evening I remember walking from one bar to another. We must have had a few, well on our way! I was a new boy so I kept myself to myself. The next thing I knew someone suggested that we turn a parked car over. S**t ! I mean I wanted a good night out and all that but I’d never done anything like that before. So within seconds there is a mob of lads rocking a random car from all angles trying to turn it upside down. So what should I do, I thought? Well I’ve just signed for one of the biggest clubs in the country about 4 days ago but I really did want to be accepted by my peers and as they say ‘many hands makes light work’ so all hands to the pump. So within a minute or two the car was on it’s roof greeted with a loud cheer from everybody involved and already I was one of the boys. At the time it seemed a bit of a laugh but what was I thinking?

Although I was 17 when I signed I immediately signed as a professional. This was a little unorthodox because I was training and playing in the youth team which was full of apprentices. As a result I didn’t have to clean boots or do all of the regular ‘jobs’ which was expected. What a result! When training had finished I was straight off to the bookies or the snooker hall while the other lads got on with sweeping floors and cleaning toilets. Looking back it wouldn’t have been a bad idea for me to have done those jobs. It was possibly the first signs of me thinking more of myself than I should have. That is one thing that has been eradicated from the game today. These days the scholars, as they are now called, are given less to do. I’m still not sure what is right or wrong. I do think they should be given some responsibilities though.

One player who had signed at a similar time to myself was a goalkeeper called Paul Pettinger. He was a nice enough lad to be fair to him. He hadn’t quite managed to settle in as well as Kev and I and had got some of the young lads backs up somehow so one day they decided to put him in his place. Off went his clothes, well most of them, . He was then tied up outside against the changing rooms and on went boot polish all over his face. The lads took it upon themselves to grab a load of balls and pelt him at point-blank range. Wow.  Well this must have gone on for a good couple of minutes and I felt for him.I can honestly say that I wasn’t one of the ones who fired a ball at him. That was a step too far for me. And a step too far for his mum who caused all sorts of havoc for Paul Hart and his staff.I think he was off for about a week after that incident. Poor lad. If that had happened in more recent times I am pretty sure that somebody would have lost their job but it seemed to be quickly forgotten at the time.

« Siste redigering: Oktober 12, 2010, 12:36:27 av Asbjørn »
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Sv: Jamie Forrester
« Svar #3 på: Oktober 12, 2010, 12:34:05 »
Jeg vekker til live en gammel tråd :)

Jamie Forrester ankom Leeds som et skikkelig lovende talent. Etter hvert ventet vi på at han skulle slå gjennom slik Harry K hadde klart.

Det skjedde aldri :(

I disse bloggene forklarer Jamie hvorfor  ::)

http://dirtyleedscom.blogspot.com/2010/10/jamie-forrseter-my-time-at-leeds-united.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Dirtyleedscom%2Fblog+%28DirtyLeeds.com%2FBlog%29

http://beh1ndthescenes.wordpress.com/2010/10/11/my-time-at-leeds-united-part-2/

Paul Hart was my Youth Team coach. What a brilliant coach he was, still is. Apart from my parents I would say that he has been one of the biggest influences on my career. My time in France had made me question if I wanted to be a footballer and he really got a hold of me and sorted me out. For a while anyway. He had previously done a similar job at Notts Forrest with success and it was to my fortune that he was at Leeds Utd. He was not the sort of man who you wanted to get on the wrong side of. That happened to me once though. There was a bit of a contractual wrangle which got a bit out of hand. My contract stated that I was to pay £70 per week landlady. It was after about 6 months that the club discovered that they were paying it for me. I knew it at the time but obviously didn’t tell them. I was called in by Paul Hart. He suggested that the money I owed should be paid back although they would allow me to pay in over the remainder of the contract. It was a good whack as I was not on a large amount as a young pro at Leeds. How times have changed. I really didn’t want to take a hit like that so I said ‘No’. I don’t think Paul Hart expected to hear me disagree with him but I figured that it was their mistake and I wasn’t going to pay it. There was a bit of a stand-off for a few minutes along with some threats and eventually he told me to f*** o** out of his office and that I was suspended. I didn’t bother arguing. When Paul Hart said something he always looked as though he meant it. So as I walked out of his office to my car it felt like an eternity. All I could think about was how I’ve just kissed goodbye to any chance of becoming a footballer. What was I doing?

Anyway, before I reached my car I was recalled into his office and told to ‘sit there’ while he tried to sort it out with the club secretary. He came back, angrier than ever, and told me to f*** o** once again but this time until the following day but from then I had to pay the £70 myself. I couldn’t argue.

I was pretty pleased with myself that I stood up to him that day. Not that I ‘won’ or anything like that. Whether I was in the right or not wasn’t really the point. Sometimes you have to stand up for yourself and not be bullied, especially when you are a young lad finding your way in the world. I had total respect for Paul Hart all the way through my time at Leeds and didn’t want to fall out with him again

From when I signed the goals were flowing very regularly. We played in the Intermediate u19’s league against other youth teams from the region. Confidence was high and we managed to begin a bit of a cup run in The FA Youth Cup. At the same time the first team were having a shocking season. It got to March or April  time and they hadn’t managed to win away from home. The reigning league champions. Relegation was being spoken about and things were not how they were supposed to. Some big names had come in with big transfer fees on big money. Steve Hodge, David Rocastle, Scott Sellers. And they didn’t manage to hold down a place in the team. I had played a few reserve team matches. I was scoring most weeks for the u19’s that they wanted to have a look at me. My first reserve game was away at Barnsley where they stuck me left-midfield. I was disgusting. Didn’t have a clue how to play left midfield. There were that many players it was the only way I could get a game. Mick Hennigan, Reserve Manager and First Team coach commented on how I wasn’t ready to play ‘messters’ football. He was an ‘old school’ South Yorkshireman. Not the greatest coach in the world but loved football to it’s core. Anyway, the goals didn’t dry up and the First Team kept on losing so I eventually found myself making my debut. I was on the bench in the days when only 2 subs were selected. It was at Notts Forrest

and was live on Sky Sports. Myself and Mark Tinkler were the 2 selected subs. I ended up getting about 6 minutes. Jelly legs or what. While I was on the pitch I could see Brian Clough wearing his famous green jumper. So surreal. I only touched the ball a couple of times and gave it away every time because I was so nervous. So there it was. I was now a Premier League player. Unfortunately, for me this was the start of what I now look back on as me turning into bit of a Big Time Charlie for a little while and must confess to being a little too big for my boots. Just imagine it. I had just fulfilled a childhood dream. Stupidly, niavly, though my young 18 year old mind took this as having ‘made it’. To this day I look back and hate myself for the attitude that developed.
« Siste redigering: Oktober 12, 2010, 12:36:47 av Asbjørn »
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

ollan

Sv: Jamie Forrester med 4 maal!
« Svar #4 på: Oktober 12, 2010, 14:02:12 »
off topic?
Ollan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #5 på: Oktober 12, 2010, 14:38:26 »
off topic?
...ex-spiller skriver om tiden i Leeds, think not.
Hadde det vært snakk om karrieren post-Leeds er jeg enig.

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Rasmussen7

« Svar #6 på: Oktober 12, 2010, 17:50:58 »
Såvidt jeg kan huske, så var Forrester solgt før venstrebacken Kewell begynner å slå igjennom...
Her fikk vi vell også et svar på hvorfor Paul Pettinger aldri ble noe mer enn en middels juniorkeeper...

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #7 på: Oktober 12, 2010, 19:44:24 »
Såvidt jeg kan huske, så var Forrester solgt før venstrebacken Kewell begynner å slå igjennom...

*holds up his hand* ehem, var nok Jamie McMaster jeg tenkte på når jeg skrev det der   ::)

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Rasmussen7

« Svar #8 på: Oktober 12, 2010, 19:57:07 »
Ja da er jeg mere med, for han kom jo opp samtidig som Kewell...

Spiller McMaster enda?? Noen som vet??
Husker ham som et kjempe talent...
« Siste redigering: Oktober 12, 2010, 20:11:12 av Rasmussen7 »

peder

« Svar #9 på: Oktober 12, 2010, 22:37:33 »
Ja da er jeg mere med, for han kom jo opp samtidig som Kewell...

Spiller McMaster enda?? Noen som vet??
Husker ham som et kjempe talent...

Ifølge Wikipedia spiller han for klubben Bonnyrigg White Eagles F.C. som som holder til i Australias versjon av championship.

Hallgeir *

« Svar #10 på: Oktober 12, 2010, 22:41:12 »
 Også for meg var det utenkelig at ikke Jamie Forrester skulle bli "en hit" i Leeds-drakta. 10. april '93 var jeg på ER og så Leeds vinne 5-2 mot Blackburn. Strachan og Forrester storspilte til henholdsvis 10 og 9 på børsen i YEP.
 Jeg var utrolig imponert over unggutten Forrester den lørdagen i april og husker også at han måtte ut av banen med en blødende hodeskade, men til stor jubel og med en turbanlignende bandasje kom han innpå og spilte resten av kampen.
  Målscorere for Leeds : Strachan 3 (1 str), Rod Wallace og Chapman.
Super Leeds since 1968

Masinga

« Svar #11 på: Oktober 15, 2010, 10:02:26 »
Også for meg var det utenkelig at ikke Jamie Forrester skulle bli "en hit" i Leeds-drakta. 10. april '93 var jeg på ER og så Leeds vinne 5-2 mot Blackburn. Strachan og Forrester storspilte til henholdsvis 10 og 9 på børsen i YEP.
 Jeg var utrolig imponert over unggutten Forrester den lørdagen i april og husker også at han måtte ut av banen med en blødende hodeskade, men til stor jubel og med en turbanlignende bandasje kom han innpå og spilte resten av kampen.
  Målscorere for Leeds : Strachan 3 (1 str), Rod Wallace og Chapman.
Den kampen var jeg også på! Kan bare underskrive på dette. Forrester så ut som en som kommer hjem fra krigen og da blir man helt på tribunen.

Dette var også Strachans kamp. Han var i storform og vitset med ballguttene og publikum ved innkast. Holdt seg for ryggen. "Kan ikke du ta opp ballen for en gammel mann!".
Masinga, medl.nr. 1250