Skrevet av Emne: Leeds sine landslagsspillere.  (Lest 72179 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

kjelvi

Sv: Leeds sine landslagsspillere.
« Svar #30 på: Mars 20, 2007, 18:32:23 »
Sanchez's delight at Healy fitness

NORTHERN IRELAND manager Lawrie Sanchez has been heartened by record scorer David Healy's quick powers of recovery.
Healy is set to face Liechtenstein and Sweden in crucial back-to-back Euro 2008 qualifiers, beginning on Saturday in Vaduz.
The Leeds striker goes into the match in confident mood after getting the equaliser for his club at the weekend in the draw against Southend.
Healy is arguably Northern Ireland's most important player but he was forced to sit out the friendly against Wales last month after breaking a bone in his elbow in Leeds' win at Hull City at the end of January.
The injury cast doubt over his availability for the qualifiers but those fears have since been banished.
Healy returned to fitness inside three weeks and Sanchez said: "I thought David would be out for a lot longer but he has healed quickly.
"He has started playing again for Leeds which is the main thing."
The Yorkshire club are enduring a difficult time and remain in danger of dropping into the third tier for the first time in their history.
Healy has been in and out of the side but is still one of the first names on the Northern Ireland team-sheet.
A record of 24 goals in 54 international matches puts him alongside the world's great strikers when you consider the team once went 1,298 minutes without scoring.
He has scored the province's four goals in four qualifiers – a stunning hat-trick in the shock victory against Spain and the winner over Latvia.
Sanchez said: "When David comes to Northern Ireland it doesn't matter what his club form has been like.
"David's record in my time has been phenomenal.
"When you consider Northern Ireland went so long without scoring it is even more impressive."
Like Healy, Damien Johnson, Jonny Evans and Chris Baird are available again after missing the 0-0 draw against Wales.

http://www.leedstoday.net/ViewArticle.aspx?ArticleID=2133146&SectionID=51

kjelvi

« Svar #31 på: Mars 21, 2007, 01:32:16 »
Irish duo set for international duty

Leeds pair David Healy and Jonathan Douglas are both expected to be in action for their respective countries this weekend.

Striker Healy will be hoping to add to his 24 goals in 54 international matches when Northern Ireland embark on a Euro 2008 double-header.
Lawrie Sanchez's side travel to take on Group F minnows Liechtenstein on Saturday and then face Sweden at Windsor Park the following Wednesday.

Leeds skipper Douglas, who has made six appearances for the Republic of Ireland, will be keen to appear in their historic match at Croke Park.
Steve Staunton's side take on Wales at the home of Gaelic football for the first time on Saturday and then Slovakia four days later.

Leeds' on-loan midfielder Radostin Kishishev is currently with the Bulgaria squad to prepare for his country's clash with Albania and fellow loanee Lubo Michalak is on stand-by for Slovakia.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,982_2004138,00.html
« Siste redigering: Mars 21, 2007, 01:33:31 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #32 på: Mars 23, 2007, 00:10:00 »
WOODGATE INJURY BLOW FOR ENGLAND
England defender Jonathan Woodgate has been ruled out of Saturday's Euro 2008 qualifier against Israel because of a knee injury.
The centre-back, on loan at Middlesbrough from Real Madrid, will not travel to Tel Aviv but will continue his treatment in England and could be available for the match against Andorra in Barcelona on Wednesday.
England head coach Steve McClaren said: "Jonathan's fitness comes first and we won't take risks with any player.
"We will keep in close contact with Middlesbrough over the next few days to determine his availability for the Andorra match."

Hele saken: http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/07/03/22/SOCCER_England_Woodgate.html

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #33 på: Mars 23, 2007, 00:13:37 »
...og her ble vel Woody landslags-snytt...

Kanskje du burde rebrande denne tråden også, Kjell Bjørn?

I hear the ancient footsteps like the motion of the sea
Sometimes I turn there's someone there, other times it's only me

B.Dylan
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

kjelvi

« Svar #34 på: Mars 23, 2007, 01:39:06 »
quote:
Originally posted by Asbjørn

...og her ble vel Woody landslags-snytt...
Kanskje du burde rebrande denne tråden også, Kjell Bjørn?

Hva med "Landslagsnytt om ex-player Woody, samt ex-managar/player-landslag plus moms"...

kjelvi

« Svar #35 på: Mars 23, 2007, 18:38:06 »
ROBINSON VOWS TO SEE OFF RIVALS
Paul Robinson knows it is important for other goalkeepers to get a taste of international football - but has every intention of hanging onto his England jersey for several years to come.
There is certainly plenty of depth within the goalkeeping ranks of Steve McClaren's squad.
Scott Carson, 21, currently on loan at Charlton from Liverpool, and Manchester United youngster Ben Foster - getting plenty of practice with relegation-battlers Watford - also travelled to Israel for the first of two crucial European Championship qualifiers.

Hele saken: http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/07/03/23/SOCCER_England_Robinson.html

kjelvi

« Svar #36 på: Mars 24, 2007, 19:41:23 »
Talking Soccer
By Peter Lorimer
i YEP
---------------

Wide-boy Aaron would give Mac's men a real edge

ISRAEL provide the opposition to England in a huge programme of Euro 2008 qualifiers tomorrow and while that may be virgin territory for some players it's a place with which I am very familiar.
With my Leeds United days over I packed my bags and headed for what was going to be a playing career with Hapoel Haifa.
Instead I found myself caught up in a political situation which dictated that I could not play for them but was allowed to coach and this was the path I followed.
Whilst there I witnessed a friendly international between Israel and England and I am hard-pressed to remember a more volatile and intimidating atmosphere.
The Israelis are mad on their football and throughout the 90 minutes will cheer every pass, tackle and shot by their own team while whistling and jeering everything done by the opposition.
England are in for a hard time and not just because of the home support.
Israel as a nation has made giant strides in its quality of football, with plenty of players operating at big clubs throughout Europe.
Like many other European nations, they have appreciably reduced the gap between themselves and England over the years and for them it is not the daunting fixture it once was.
I am expecting England to win, but only by the minimum margin.
They deteriorated markedly in the final months of Sven Goran Eriksson's reign and have fared no better under the stewardship of Steve McClaren.
England's play is largely one-dimensional, with everything very narrow and through the middle. It's all very predictable, but there are other factors which I take into account when assessing them.
I don't think England's is a happy camp. I'm not sure about the players' respect for the manager or his tactics, and it always looks to me as though it irks Frank Lampard and Steve Gerrard to be asked to play largely the same role or, alternatively, out of position.
It says everything to me about the quality of England that a player who was at first derided when he came on the international scene, Owen Hargreaves, is now viewed as a huge miss if there are injury worries hanging over him.
Now a Coca-Cola Championship striker has been drafted in. No disrespect to Preston's David Nugent, but are England that short of top-class Premiership goalscorers?
Two things interest me tomorrow. Andy Johnson has also been brought into the squad and we all know that he prefers to play down the middle, which would suit the tactics we have become familiar with.
Will he be given a start? And will McClaren be bold enough to start with Aaron Lennon, whose right-wing antics can leave defenders for dead?
Providing his tactics are right, the York-born boss can come away with a narrow victory for which they are sure to be made to work really hard.
Get your wide men working, Steve!
My own dear Scotland have improved out of all recognition since it finally clicked that they are better off with a Scottish manager.
They host Georgia tomorrow having climbed the world rankings significantly, and I'm expecting them to triumph with the minimum of fuss.
The Republic of Ireland clash with Wales is interesting in that both have gone backwards with fairly recent managerial changes.
Both have a point to prove and that will probably mean a draw.
It was interesting to hear Northern Ireland manager Lawrie Sanchez make such a fuss of the fact that he is able to include Leeds striker David Healy in his side. Of course David is in international folklore with his goalscoring antics for his country and I'm hoping that their trip to Liechtenstein will provide him with a good opportunity for banging in a couple.
David goes there on the back of a priceless goal for United at Southend last week and if he can really get his eye in a run of goalscoring form in Leeds' last seven matches would be just what the doctor ordered.

LORRO'S HAT-TRICK
Each week Peter goes for a treble on the Ladbrokes weekend coupon. His seleections are: England (5/6), Scotland (4/11) and Northern Ireland (1/3).

http://www.leedstoday.net/ViewArticle.aspx?ArticleID=2143600&SectionID=1083

Per-Stian

« Svar #37 på: Mars 25, 2007, 00:20:15 »
Dougie har så langt (70 min) gjort ein meget fin kamp for Irland. Aktiv, aggressiv og roleg med ballen. Positivt!

kjelvi

« Svar #39 på: Mars 25, 2007, 11:15:49 »
Sanchez hails Healy

Northern Ireland boss Lawrie Sanchez paid tribute to David Healy after his hat-trick in the 4-1 win over Liechtenstein.
Northern Ireland's record scorer took his tally to 27 goals in 55 matches with a second half hat-trick.
Sanchez hailed Leeds ace Healy as a "world class striker" after helping boost their hopes of reaching the finals.
"It is phenomenal strike rate. He is a world class striker," beamed Sanchez.
"The team understand that he is a scoring machine. It was a fantastic hat-trick.
"We do set up chances for him and we know if we do that, more often than not he will take them.
"The great thing about David is that he is a very down-to-earth person. He does not see himself as a superstar.
"The players are pleased we have someone of his calibre."
Sanchez was happy with the victory in Vaduz, but admitted Liechtenstein made it hard for them.
"It was not an easy win. Liechtenstein were much more offensive than in their previous three qualifiers," added Sanchez.
"We did a lot of things right in the first half but we only tested the keeper once when he made a good save from Keith Gillespie.
"We were a bit nervy at the back once or twice.
"I told them at half-time to keep doing the same things and the goals would come.
"We got one reasonably quickly and once we scored I knew we would get others."
One sour note for Sanchez was the booking for Keith Gillespie, which will rule the winger out of next week's clash with Group F leaders Sweden and Sanchez admitted it was a blow to lose the Sheffield United star.
"I am sure the Swedish manager (Lars Lagerback) is delighted," continued Sanchez.
"The other slight disappointment was to concede a goal so late on but overall it was a good night's work."

Kilde: http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=456712&CPID=3&clid=117&lid=2&title=Sanchez+hails+Healy
--------------------

Northern Ireland boss hails "world class" Healy
Northern Ireland boss Lawrie Sanchez has described striker David Healy as "world class" after a stunning hat-trick against Liechtenstein in a Euro 2008 qualifier.
Healy got all three goals in the space of 30 second-half minutes as the province recorded a 4-1 victory in the principality.
It took the Leeds player's tally to 27 goals in 55 international appearances and leaves Northern Ireland daring to dream of qualifying for a major tournament for the first time in over 20 years
Sanchez said: "It is phenomenal strike rate. He is a world class striker.
"The team understand that he is a scoring machine. It was a fantastic hat-trick.
"We do set up chances for him and we know if we do that, more often than not he will take them.
"The great thing about David is that he is a very down-to-earth person. He does not see himself as a superstar.
"The players are pleased we have someone of his calibre."

Kilde: http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=33391
« Siste redigering: Mars 25, 2007, 11:33:03 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #40 på: Mars 25, 2007, 11:24:59 »
Healy is delighted with hat-trick
David Healy said it was "a proud night" for him after becoming the first player to score two hat-tricks for Northern Ireland in international matches.
The striker scored three of his side's goals in a 4-1 win over Liechtenstein.
"You don't score many hat-tricks in your career so to grab two in the same qualifying series is special," he said.
"They got men behind the ball in the first half but we broke them down in the second and hopefully we can now go on and qualify for a major tournament."
"We knew it was going to be tough with difficult conditions and a bumpy pitch but things went well in the second half and we are starting to make a bit of a name for ourselves," he added.
Manager Lawrie Sanchez admitted it was nice to score four but added it was "a slight disappointment to concede the late goal and to lose Keith Gillespie for the game against Sweden through suspension".
"We tried to find our range in the first half when we had a few half chances but David (Healy) was lethal in front of goal in the second half and Grant McCann did well too.

------------
we kept the dream of qualifying alive tonight

Lawrie Sanchez
--------------

"This was David's second hat-trick of the tournament. He is a quality player and we know that if we give him chances, he will put them away, end of story.
"I told the players at half-time that it was a 90-minute game and the result is not decided after 45 minutes. In the end we won 4-1 and I'm delighted to repay the fans who travelled all this way."
Sanchez played down the significance of Wednesday's Windsor Park showdown with Sweden but did bemoan the loss of his in-form winger.
"The group will not be decided on Wednesday night but every game is a big one and the match against Sweden is no different.
"It is disappointing that Keith will not play but it offers a chance for someone else to come in and do a job and if we all do our job, we can get something from the game."
The current contract of the Northern Ireland boss ends in November but he would not be drawn on any prospects of a new deal.
"I am happy at Northern Ireland, I enjoy working with the players and we kept the dream of qualifying alive tonight.
"We have a six-month break after this campaign so that gives us plenty of time to talk about the future."

Kilde: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/6481189.stm

kjelvi

« Svar #41 på: Mars 26, 2007, 23:00:23 »

SWEDES FEAR HEALY THREAT

Sweden coach Lars Lagerback admits David Healy poses a big threat to his side when they face Northern Ireland in top-of-the-table Euro 2008 qualifier on Wednesday.
The Leeds striker scored a superb hat-trick on Saturday in the 4-1 victory against Liechtenstein to take his international record to 27 goals in 55 appearances.
Lagerback left Sweden's training camp in London to witness Healy's exploits in Vaduz at first hand.
He said: "Healy is always running and shoots from every angle. He is very effective. If they can, Northern Ireland play directly at him.
"It's important that Olof (Mellberg) and the boys watch him and do not let him in behind the defensive line.
"But they have been good at controlling fast players in earlier matches."
Northern Ireland will replace Sweden - who have a 100% record - as leaders if they get a victory at Windsor Park and Lagerback added: "They are a tricky team."

Kilde: http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_2019313,00.html
« Siste redigering: Mars 26, 2007, 23:01:07 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #42 på: Mars 26, 2007, 23:09:53 »
Boro ace in race to face Hammers  
Jonathan Woodgate will miss England's Euro '08 qualifier against Andorra with a knee injury and is a doubt for Boro's trip to West Ham.  
The central defender, who is on a season-long loan at Middlesbrough from Real Madrid, was forced to miss his country's dismal 0-0 draw against Israel in Tel Aviv on Saturday with the niggling knee problem. It was hoped he would be fit for the second game against Andorra in Barcelona on Wednesday, but the England medical team have ruled him out and he is now back at Boro.
Boss Gareth Southgate will now be hoping the club's medical staff can get to the bottom of Woodgate's problem and, more importantly, have him ready to face struggling West Ham at Upton Park on Saturday.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #43 på: Mars 27, 2007, 00:27:16 »
'Star player' Danny Rose was away with England (and scoring)...........

http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s277/st113799.htm?fromrss=1
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

kjelvi

« Svar #44 på: Mars 27, 2007, 04:44:17 »
Healy aware of expectation

David Healy admits it is a sign of Northern Ireland's rapid progression that their fans are hopeful of securing a win against Sweden on Wednesday.

Lawrie Sanchez has masterminded a superb start to Northern Ireland's Euro 2008 qualifying campaign and Saturday's 4-1 destruction of Liechtenstein saw them draw clear in second place in Group F.
A win over leaders Sweden on Wednesday at Windsor Park, building on their historic victory at home to Spain and a draw in Denmark, would give the side real hope of making the finals in Austria and Switzerland.
After scoring his second hat-trick in qualifying against Liechtenstein, Healy has conceded that expectations are growing, but the Leeds striker has been quick to underline that the country cannot get carried away too soon.
"I think that the way it is at the minute, probably six months ago or a year ago we wouldn't be expected to go out and beat Sweden," Healy told Sky Sports News.
"But now the expectation levels are the way they are, I think the public, our supporters, hope we can not just go and get a result but obviously win the game.
"I want to play in a major tournament and I'm sure everyone else does, we have to get the points on the board first, that's the main thing."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=457071&CPID=3&clid=&lid=2&title=Healy+aware+of+expectation
« Siste redigering: Mars 27, 2007, 04:44:55 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #45 på: Mars 29, 2007, 05:39:06 »
Omtalt i flere tråder:

Nord-Irland - Sverige 2-1: 1-1 David Healy (31), 2-1 Healy (60).
Warren Feeney spilte hele kampen, mens Healy ble byttet ut i 91. mins.

« Siste redigering: Mars 29, 2007, 05:45:06 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #46 på: Mars 29, 2007, 05:46:26 »
Healy – vår mardröm
Målkungen vände matchen med två mål

Alla varnade för honom – men svenska landslaget nonchalerade hotet.
  David Healy tackade med att på egen hand sänka Sverige med två mål.
  – Det känns magiskt, säger han.
   Nordirland inledde piggt och skapade en del halvchanser, medan svenskarna inte verkade riktigt vakna.
  – Vi får bara slå ifrån oss, sa expertkommentatorn Glenn Hysén i TV3 efter en kvarts spel.
  Sverige skapade i stort sett ingenting – men tog ändå ledningen efter 27:e minuter.
  Anders Svensson bröt in från vänsterkanten och måttade ett inlägg mot bortre delen av straffområdet. Niclas Alexandersson nickade ner till Johan Elmander som höll ifrån sig backen, vände om – och sköt 1–0 med vänstern.
  Efter en trög start såg Sverige ut att ha vaknat. Men den svenska glädjen dog snabbt.
  Bara fyra minuter senare nickade Petter Hansson och Olof Mellberg ihop i en luftduell och David Healy – vem annars? – lät bollen en studsa en gång innan han sköt ett skott som dalade i mål bakom Andeas Isaksson.
  – Petter Hansson måste höra av sig och säga att det är hans boll, sa expertkommentatorn Glenn Hysén i TV3.
  Efter paus tappade Sverige. Och i 59:e minuten skarvade David Healy in sitt andra mål för kvällen efter ett svagt ingripande av Mikael Nilsson.
  Sverige var förvarnat då Healy hade gjort sex mål på två EM-kvalmatcher. Trots det hade inte det svenska försvaret något att sätta emot Leedsanfallaren.
  Publiken skrek ”are you watching, Dennis Wise?” – en passning till Leedstränaren som ofta valt att bänka Healy.
  – Det är magiskt varje gång att spela på Windsor Park och att få göra inte bara ett mål utan två är riktigt magiskt, säger Healy till TV3.
  Om Sverige säger han:
  – Vi hade respekt för Sverige, men Sverige hade även respekt för oss.
När Healy byttes ut i 90:e minuten möttes han av stående ovationer.
  Han hade då sett till att Sverige inkasserat sin första förlust i EM-kvalet.
  – Jag får äta upp att jag sa att Healy inte är någon världsspelare. De svenska spelarna såg till så att han såg ut som en världsspelare i dag, säger experten Johan Mjällby i TV3.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/story/0,2789,1033393,00.html

kjelvi

« Svar #47 på: Mars 29, 2007, 05:52:17 »

Feeney & Healy, en ex-player og en Leeds-player

Laurie Sanchez continued on BBC Northern Ireland: "I've run out of words to describe David Healy.
"We gave him two chances tonight and he scored both of them - that's world-class finishing.
"I always thought there were goals in this game tonight - we've now shown we have got great resilience and that has been the trademark of this campaign.
"But we won't get carried away."

Striker Warren Feeney, who replaced Kyle Lafferty in the starting line-up tonight, continued: "After Saturday I was glad to get a run for half an hour - I've been chomping at the bit to start.
"The boss likes a big man and a little man - and fair play to Kyle, he's done really well - so it was a surprise.
"It's brilliant for me to get out there - tonight is up there with the best nights.
"The other teams have got to win their games and we have got the points on the board - we are sitting where we want to be."

Star man Healy said: "It's a great night again and a special occasion.
"We let everyone down badly in the first game against Iceland but we've improved leaps and bounds since then.
"Lawrie gave us the table when we met up last Thursday to show us what it would be like to be top of the group."
The Leeds striker, who has netted five goals in two games, added: "As long as I can score goals and we can win games who knows what can happen come next year?"

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_2023936,00.html

« Siste redigering: Mars 29, 2007, 05:54:07 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #48 på: Mars 29, 2007, 06:37:11 »
Healy's magic sinks Sweden as Sanchez's dream lives on
Wednesday nights at Windsor Park, said Lawrie Sanchez, are "magical". So it proved once again last night. Where England and Spain have fallen in recent times, Sweden followed and once again it was Northern Ireland's modern magician David Healy who was responsible. Healy has scored all the Irish goals that have beaten these teams and here, brilliantly, he nabbed another pair.
It means the 27 year-old, who struggles to start for Leeds United, has 29 goals in 56 internationals. Healy's double, scored after Sweden had gone ahead through Johan Elmander, means nine in six in this campaign and quite remarkably Northern Ireland top the group. It is the first time they have topped a group since 1988.

Sanchez surprised the locals with his team selection. Kyle Lafferty, Healy's foil, was dropped in favour of Warren Feeney. The latter was as bright as anyone in a sprightly opening from the Irish. (...)

auren

« Svar #49 på: Mars 29, 2007, 14:44:41 »
Få tilbake Feeney og ansett Lawrie Sanchez som manager... og la oss selge Elland Road og begynne å spille på Windsor Park... og bytte ut de helhvite draktene med grønne og hvite...

auren

Leeds
Till
I
Die!
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

kjelvi

« Svar #50 på: Mars 29, 2007, 18:25:37 »
Healy's Wise move leaves Sanchez dreaming of the finals

Lawrie Sanchez insists there is no such thing as a one-man team but he may have to reconsider after David Healy continued his incredible monopoly of Northern Ireland's scoring fortunes at Windsor Park.

On a night that matched the wins over England and Spain for passion, drama and individual heroics, Healy fired his country to the top of Group F with a double that overturned Sweden's early advantage and smashed the former leaders' 100 per cent start to the campaign.
Much as Sanchez may argue, the statistics are beginning to tell their own tale of how much Healy contributes to Northern Ireland's cause.
In six qualifiers, they have amassed 10 goals, and - a last-minute Grant McCann header in Liechtenstein apart - Healy has scored the lot.
His latest feat not only made Northern Ireland group leaders in a major tournament for the first time since 1988, but came in front of his Leeds manager Dennis Wise, in a reminder of the bewildering imbalance between his scoring output for club and country.
Wise was soon seeing for himself that, while goals are hard to come by in the Championship, the supply could hardly be more plentiful at international level.
Twice, in the 31st and 59th minutes, half- chances were snaffled with the surest of touches, and each was followed by a chorus of, "Are you watching, Dennis Wise?"
Not only was he watching, he was smiling broadly at the impudent reminder of how he has failed to locate the rich form Sanchez seems able to tap into on a regular basis.
An elated but exhausted Sanchez reflected on his former Wimbledon team-mate's rough ride at the hands of a Windsor Park full house, and said: "Dennis came into the dressing room at the end and was just the same as in our early days together. He thought it was funny the crowd had given him so much stick.
"I think he appreciates now what David means within Northern Ireland. Until you come here yourself, you don't get a true measure of the impact he has made on just about everyone in the country.
"He was obviously impressed, too, because he told David he could have tomorrow off. Really, I have run out of words to describe David Healy. We have given him two chances and he has scored from both of them. That is world class.
"I am absolutely knackered. I will wake up in the morning, think about what we have done and enjoy it for the few months we've got until our next game.'
Healy added: "It was another special night and showed how much we've improved. As long as I keep scoring and we keep winning, who knows where we might be by the end of the group?"
Sanchez saluted his side's resilience for bouncing back after going behind to a 27th-minute Johan Elmander goal that owed much to two defensive lapses.
Jonny Evans gave former Everton winger Niclas Alexandersson the space for a far-post header that set up Elmander for a shot on the turn and highlighted lax marking by Aaron Hughes.
If Hughes felt he should have denied Elmander a sight of goal, he made amends with a through-ball that spread uncertainty in the Sweden ranks and set up Healy's equaliser.
Olof Mellberg and Petter Hansson succeeded only in impeding each other in the aerial duel for Hughes's pass and could only look on as the ball bounced into Healy's path 25 yards out.
The 27- year old turned and unleashed a first-time volley that caught Manchester City keeper Andreas Isaksson by surprise as it flew over his head and dipped under the bar.
A McCann goal-line clearance from Zlatan Ibrahimovic's 54thminute header kept the Irish on terms, and it grew in significance five minutes later as Healy again sent a Belfast crowd into raptures.
It was a more routine finish this time, a close-range shot steered expertly beyond Isaksson from Damien Johnson's low cross, but the implications for Sanchez and his rejuvenated players could hardly be greater.
While Sanchez did his best to play down expectations, opposite number Lars Lagerback predicted the improbable scenario of Northern Ireland heading for the 2008 Finals.
Healy, whose nine goals equal England's scoring total in their group, inevitably influenced the Sweden manager's reasoning as he said: "They have every chance of qualifying, particularly when you see how they make full use of Healy's fantastic scoring talent.
"His self-belief is there for all to see and it appears that everything he tries comes off. That is the mark of an outstanding player.
"I know he has had problems at Leeds and does not always play in his true position, but with his speed and eye for goal, he will score if you create chances for him. Two chances, two goals - fantastic."

Kilde: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=445303&in_page_id=1779

kjelvi

« Svar #51 på: Mars 30, 2007, 22:48:00 »
Leeds fan banned from Andorra game

A Leeds United football fan has been banned from travelling to watch England play Andorra, police said today.
David Grimshaw, 38, was stopped by police as he tried to catch a flight to Barcelona from Liverpool John Lennon Airport yesterday.
Grimshaw, of Accrington, who was the subject of a previous football banning order, appeared before Liverpool magistrates and agreed to a 30-month banning order.
This means that for the next 30 months he will not be able to attend any matches in the UK or abroad.
He will also have to surrender his passport and sign in at a police station at specific times.
Merseyside Police said the banning order was the first imposed under the National Ports Operation for tonight's Euro 2008 qualifying match.

YEP

kjelvi

« Svar #52 på: Mai 12, 2007, 05:43:01 »
Shorey, Bentley joins Owen in England B squad

Michael Owen is set to appear in an England shirt later this month after being named in their B squad to face Albania at Turf Moor on May 25th.
Owen has only just returned to club duty with Newcastle United after spending virtually all of the season on the sidelines with a knee injury.
The former Liverpool and Real Madrid ace is unlikely to have chairman Freddy Shepherd's blessing as he collected his injury at last summer's World Cup finals in Germany.

England B squad:
Goalkeepers: Paul Robinson (Tottenham Hotspur), Ben Foster (Manchester United, on loan at Watford)
Defenders: Phil Neville (Everton), Joleon Lescott (Everton), Michael Dawson (Tottenham), Ledley King (Tottenham), Gareth Barry (Aston Villa), Nicky Shorey (Reading)
Midfielders: Owen Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Phil Jagielka (Sheffield United), Aaron Lennon (Tottenham), Kieron Dyer (Newcastle United), Scott Parker (Newcastle), Jermaine Jenas (Tottenham), Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough), David Bentley (Blackburn Rovers)
Forwards: Michael Owen (Newcastle), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham), Alan Smith (Manchester United), David Nugent (Preston North End)
« Siste redigering: Mai 12, 2007, 05:43:42 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #53 på: August 17, 2007, 16:30:15 »
STEVE STAUNTON has axed Everton midfielder Lee Carsley for Ireland’s friendly in Denmark next week but insists: "He’s still in my plans."

SQUAD: Colgan (Barnsley), Doyle (B’ham), Henderson (Preston), Carr (N’castle), Dunne (Man C), Finnan (L’pool), Kelly (B’ham), McShane (S’land), O’Shea (Man U), Douglas (Leeds), Hunt (Reading), Ireland (Man City), Kilbane (Wigan), McGeady (Celtic), O’Brien (Hibs), Potter (Wolves), Reid (Charlton), Doyle (Reading), Elliot (Wolves), Keane (Spurs), Keogh (Wolves), Long (Reading), Murphy (S’land).

« Siste redigering: August 17, 2007, 16:30:51 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #54 på: August 18, 2007, 00:31:53 »
Campbell tilbake på landslaget

Steve McClaren har tatt ut veteranene Sol Campbell og David James i den 28 mann store troppen til landskampen mot Tyskland onsdag.
- Sol er en spiller med solid internasjonal erfaring. Han leverte en sterk sesong for Portsmouth i fjor, sier landslagssjefen.
- Jeg har aldri lukket døren for ham. Jeg vet at han ikke vil skuffe England og jeg er glad for å ønske ham velkommen tilbake i spillergruppen, sier McClaren.
Campbells lagkamerat i Portsmouth, David James, har ikke voktet målet for England siden VM-oppkjøringskampen mot Jamaica, men er inne i varmen igjen.
Steven Gerrard, John Terry, David Beckham, Michael Owen og Owen Hargreaves er også med i troppen, selv om alle sliter med smårusk i maskineriet.

Troppen:
Målmenn: Paul Robinson (Tottenham Hotspur), David James (Portsmouth), Scott Carson (Liverpool, utlånt til Aston Villa).
Utespillere: Micah Richards (Manchester City), Wes Brown (Manchester United), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), John Terry (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Sol Campbell (Portsmouth), Steven Taylor (Newcastle United), Nicky Shorey (Reading), Phil Neville (Everton), David Beckham (LA Galaxy), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Chelsea), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Gareth Barry (Aston Villa), Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough), Kieron Dyer (West Ham United), Owen Hargreaves (Manchester United), Alan Smith (Newcastle United), Michael Owen (Newcastle United), Peter Crouch (Liverpool), Darren Bent (Tottenham Hotspur), Andy Johnson (Everton), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham Hotspur).

« Siste redigering: August 18, 2007, 00:32:41 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #55 på: September 01, 2007, 00:04:08 »
England-troppen til kvalikkampene mot Israel og Russland.

Goalkeepers: Paul Robinson (Tottenham), David James (Portsmouth), Scott Carson (Aston Villa).

Defenders: Micah Richards (Man City), Wes Brown (Man Utd), Rio Ferdinand (Man Utd), John Terry (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Sol Campbell (Portsmouth), Phil Neville (Everton), Nicky Shorey (Reading).

Midfielders: David Bentley (Blackburn), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Chelsea), Michael Carrick (Man Utd), Gareth Barry (Aston Villa) Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough), Owen Hargreaves (Man Utd).

Forwards: Ashley Young (Aston Villa), Alan Smith (Newcastle), Michael Owen (Newcastle), Peter Crouch (Liverpool), Andrew Johnson (Everton), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham).

SveinArve

« Svar #56 på: September 01, 2007, 00:10:40 »
ok, men dette har vel ikke noe med oss å gjøre vel?

------------------------------
CCC - here we come

http://www.godoyil.no
------------------------------
Proud member of LUSCOS

http://www.skarbovikfotball.blogspot.com

kjelvi

« Svar #57 på: September 02, 2007, 22:43:11 »
Nord-Irland foran kampene mot Latvia (8/9) og Island (12/9)

Squad: Maik Taylor (Birmingham City), Roy Carroll Rangers), Alan Mannus (Linfield); Michael Duff (Burnley), Chris Baird, Aaron Hughes (Fulham), Gareth McAuley (Leicester City), Stephen Craigan (Motherwell), Tony Capaldi (Cardiff City), George McCartney (West Ham United), Sean Webb (Ross County), Jonathan Evans (Manchester United); Keith Gillespie (Sheffield United), Steven Davis (Fulham), Sammy Clingan (Nottingham Forest), Chris Brunt (West Bromwich Albion), Steve Jones (Burnley), Grant McCann (Barnsley), Stuart Elliott (Hull City), Damien Johnson (Birmingham City); Warren Feeney (Cardiff City), David Healy (Fulham), Kyle Lafferty (Burnley), Ivan Sproule (Bristol City).

« Siste redigering: September 02, 2007, 22:43:48 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #58 på: September 02, 2007, 22:45:00 »
Irland foran Slovakia (879) og Tsjekkia (12/9):

Colgan (Barnsley), Doyle (Birmingham), Given (Newcastle), Henderson (Preston), Dunne (Man City), Finnan (Liverpool), Foley (Wolves), Kelly (Birmingham), McShane (Sunderland), O'Shea (Man Utd), Carsley (Everton), DOUGLAS (Leeds), Gibson (Man Utd), Hunt (Reading), Ireland (Man City), Kilbane (Wigan), McGeady (Celtic), O'Brien (Hibernian), Potter (Wolves), A Reid (Charlton), Doyle (Reading), Keane (Tottenham), Keogh (Wolves), Long (Reading), Murphy (Sunderland).

« Siste redigering: September 02, 2007, 22:46:06 av kjelvi »

Peter7

« Svar #59 på: September 03, 2007, 03:10:49 »
Hvor finner vi Kongos tropp? www.kongo.ko?

Kandol 4 Congo!
Vi skulle aldri ha solgt Terry Cooper til Middlesboro'