Skrevet av Emne: NYTT: Norske i britisk fotball  (Lest 40891 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

kjelvi

Sv: NYTT: Norske i britisk fotball
« Svar #240 på: Mai 30, 2008, 18:19:26 »
Liverpool inform Riise he's up for sale
Liverpool have informed John Arne Riise he is up for sale.
The Liverpool Echo says Riise has already been informed that he has no future at the club.

kjelvi

« Svar #241 på: Mai 30, 2008, 18:20:03 »
Hangeland to win Fulham captaincy
Brede Hangeland is set to be named new Fulham captain.
The Daily Mail says manager Roy Hodgson made Hangeland his skipper when the two men were at Norwegian side Viking. Now he is set to promote the 6ft 5ins 26-year-old again after he proved so vital to Fulham's successful fight against relegation.

kjelvi

« Svar #242 på: Mai 31, 2008, 13:11:01 »
Liverpool are ready to unload left-sided attacking full-back John Arne Riise with Newcastle likely to target the Norwegian. (Daily Star)

kjelvi

« Svar #243 på: Juni 02, 2008, 08:05:39 »
John Arne Riise will head the summer exodus from Liverpool by joining Roma for £5m. (Daily Express)

kjelvi

« Svar #244 på: Juni 10, 2008, 00:25:44 »
Liverpool's Riise on brink of Roma move  
Liverpool defender John Arne Riise may be about to move to Serie A side Roma in a £5 million deal, according to reports.
Riise, who has long been linked with a move away from Anfield this summer, looks set to join the Italian side who appear to have beaten off interest from Newcastle and Lazio, among other clubs.
The Norwegian full back is one of the longest serving players at Liverpool having joined the club in 2001 from AS Monaco.
However this season has been something of a disappointment for Riise who is no longer an automatic choice for manager Benitez and has reportedly been told he can leave the club this summer.

kjelvi

« Svar #245 på: Juni 10, 2008, 08:46:42 »
Liverpool have opened negotiations with Roma over the possible £5m sale of attacking left-back John Arne Riise. (The Independent) 

kjelvi

« Svar #246 på: Juni 10, 2008, 08:47:04 »
Ex-player Henning Berg has emerged as a front-runner for the vacant manager's job at Blackburn. (The Times)

Blackburn have a shortlist of 40 names who have applied for the vacant manager's job which includes Alan Shearer, Paul Ince and former Ewood Park favourite Henning Berg. (The Times)
« Siste redigering: Juni 10, 2008, 09:34:25 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #247 på: Juni 12, 2008, 09:30:29 »
Roma are lining up a £3m bid for Liverpool defender John Arne Riise. (Daily Mirror)

kjelvi

« Svar #248 på: Juni 14, 2008, 12:42:19 »
John Arne Riise's agent has rejected reports that Roma are tracking the left-sided wing-back. (Daily Telegraph)

kjelvi

« Svar #249 på: Juni 15, 2008, 19:05:00 »
Liverpool's Riise rejects Premiership offers for Roma move
Liverpool fullback John Arne Riise wants a move to Serie A.
An initial £3m bid from Roma has been rejected, but the Italians are expected to return with a fresh move for the 27-year-old.
Riise rejected moves to Newcastle, Aston Villa and a host of European clubs to reignite his career in Serie A.

kjelvi

« Svar #250 på: Juni 17, 2008, 09:58:31 »
SOLSKJAER KEEN TO FOLLOW FERGIE

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants to manage at the highest level one day - and remain with Manchester United.
Solskjaer's twin targets lead to the obvious conclusion the Norwegian has designs on Sir Alex Ferguson's job.
While the ambition may be some way off being realised Solskjaer has time on his side and will begin the journey by taking charge of United's reserve team next season.
"I do have ambitions to go into management. I want to stay in the game and I want to stay at this club," he said.
"But it is just about taking one step at a time. I was very good at that as a player and I don't want to jump into a job before I am ready for it."
Solskjaer feels the reserve team job, where he will be assisted by Warren Joyce following his return from Royal Antwerp, should suit him perfectly and, using Roy Keane as an example, denies it has come too early.
"I am not really surprised - I thought that maybe the reserve team was somewhere the club would like to put me," he said.
"It is the perfect job for me because I know the kids well and Roy Keane didn't finish that much before me and look at what he is doing at Sunderland."
Keane's appearance at Old Trafford as Black Cats boss last September marked the end of Solskjaer's career after finally accepting the inevitable after long-standing knee problems.
He gets the chance to officially say goodbye to the fans who still adore him on August 2 when he makes his farewell appearance in a testimonial against Espanyol.
Solskjaer has already pledged part of the proceeds to Unicef-backed school building projects in Africa, a further example of his willingness to use his name to help others.
"I always say football is the most important thing that is not important in life," he said.
"As a footballer, you can create memories and happiness. If you build a school you can help change lives."
The 35-year-old also revealed he never considered leaving Old Trafford during his playing career.
"I never fancied going. The only time it was even an issue was when the club accepted a bid for me from Tottenham in 1998," he added.
"I went to see the gaffer but he said 'I didn't accept it, I want you here and you will play a big part in my squad'. I just thought that is good enough for me I will stay.
"My agent was not very happy with me because I was so stubborn but nowadays even he admits I was right.
"The thing is, Manchester United always F***ed me quite well. And I will be remembered as an important member of the team during a period when Manchester United has been very successful.
"I can see now that I will always be in the history books. That makes me very proud."

PA Sport

kjelvi

« Svar #251 på: Juni 19, 2008, 09:05:25 »
Solskjaer's testimonial to help set up African charity

Solskjaer celebrates with Alex Ferguson after scoring the winner in the 1999 European Cup final

He terrorised Premier League defenders for over a decade, now he has a different challenge to face – but none of it is as important to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as building schools in Africa.
After officially retiring from a knee injury 10 months ago, Solskjaer has now been given the job of reserve team manager at Manchester United by Sir Alex Ferguson.
But before those duties begin in earnest, Solskjaer will turn out at Old Trafford for one last time as United play host to Espanyol in his testimonial game.
It is the money the 35-year-old hopes to raise on 2 August which, as a father of three young children himself, Solskjaer will use to greater benefit than anything his career in football could hope to achieve.
"I went to Angola a few months ago and you could see clearly how much things were needed down there," he said.
"The aim through my testimonial is to try and build 10 schools. If I can generate more money through a scheme we have set up in Norway, maybe we can generate enough to build five more.
"As a father, I recognise how helpless these kids are. If it was my children, I would do absolutely anything for them, so it is more important for me to be remembered for helping these people than anything I have done with football.
"It is about building something concrete," Solskjaer added. "It is about changing lives, helping kids get out of the poverty they are in and helping them to become doctors or teachers and able to improve their own communities."
As a fairly private person, Solskjaer did think about keeping quiet about his plan. But he also recognised the benefit added publicity would bring.
"A lot of people worry about money from testimonials," he admitted. "I am certainly not complaining about what I made as a footballer. I just felt doing this was right."
With projects planned for Angola, Uganda and Mozambique, Solskjaer finds it hard to put a figure on exactly how much will be required. Each scheme costs between £30,000 and £150,000, meaning the Norwegian will have to sell most of the 76,000 available tickets for his testimonial.
Not that Solskjaer should have too much trouble. Rarely can a player have so captured the hearts of United's fans, who continued to sing his name during his lengthy stints on the treatment table.
Solskjaer's devotion to the club far outweighs his 1999 injury-time European Cup match-winner against Bayern Munich at the Nou Camp, a moment almost frozen in time as he flashed a shot into the roof of Oliver Kahn's net.
"My relationship with the fans has been absolutely fantastic since the first game I came on and no one knew who I was," he said. "The affection cannot only be down to that one goal. There has to be something they liked about me."
The birth of Solskjaer's third child prevented him from making the journey to Moscow last month as United finally added to their triumph of nine years ago by beating Chelsea. In penalty shoot-out hero Edwin van der Sar, Solskjaer finally has someone to share the limelight with.
"I rang Edwin and told him I was offering an invite to move next to me," he laughed. "I am happy for him but he is not the kind of person to let it affect him.
"He is a confident chap and I think he just wants to get on with his career and think about his successes when he has finished.
"Most of all, I am happy for the club. Nine [years] was long enough this time. We have to do it more and more."

The Independent

kjelvi

« Svar #253 på: Juni 19, 2008, 21:04:47 »

Reds pay tribute to exiting Riise 

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher has paid tribute to former team-mate John Arne Riise following the Norwegian's £4m transfer to Italian club AS Roma.
The 27-year-old defender completed his transfer on Wednesday having made 371 appearances for the Reds and scored 31 goals in a seven-year Anfield career.
"John Arne has been a great player for Liverpool for six or seven seasons now," said Carragher.
"He can be very proud of what he's achieved with Liverpool."
Carragher added: "He's played at a very high level for a long time now. He's never injured and he's a great professional who has always looked after himself."
Left-back Riise signed for Liverpool in 2001 from Monaco and helped the Merseyside club to victory in the FA Cup, League Cup and Champions League.
But Riise played second fiddle to Fabio Aurelio for much of last season after the Brazilian established himself as the club's first choice left-back.
Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez is reshaping his squad over the summer, with Xabi Alonso and Peter Crouch linked with moves elsewhere.
Roma, who will play in the Champions League next season, have been targeting Riise for some time.
When Aurelio came off injured during last season's Champions semi-final first leg against Chelsea, Riise replaced him, only to score an own goal in stoppage time.
Last year, Riise was involved in an infamous spat with former team-mate Craig Bellamy after a karaoke night on a team bonding trip to Portugal.
Bellamy was fined £80,000 by the club for his involvement and stated he had "lost control".
The Norwegian also earned a tribute from Liverpool's chief executive Rick Parry.
"John has been a tremendous servant to Liverpool over many years," said Parry.
"Everybody at Anfield would now like to wish him all the best in his new career in Italy."

BBC

kjelvi

« Svar #254 på: Juni 24, 2008, 02:14:35 »
Toulouse set to land Bolton striker Braaten

Bolton Wanderers forward Daniel Braaten could be set for a move to Ligue 1 side Toulouse after his agent admitted he is unsettled at the Reebok Stadium.
Braaten was signed for the Trotters by former boss Sammy Lee last summer from Rosenborg, but failed to start a Premier League match under manager Gary Megson, who took charge in October.
And the Norway international's agent, Stig Lillejord, has confirmed that he will seek an exit after a frustrating 2007/08 campaign.
"I can only divulge that I am in Toulouse. Besides that, I have no comments," Lillejord said.
"The situation for Daniel has been far from perfect since the managerial change.
"We are now considering alternatives. He should join a competitive league and a club where he can strengthen the starting XI."

kjelvi

« Svar #255 på: Juni 25, 2008, 23:36:00 »
Villa failed with Riise offer
Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill is believed to have failed last week in a late bid to sign John Arne-Riise as the former Liverpool full-back was completing his move to Roma, claims the Birmingham Mail.
Unconfirmed reports from Italy suggest Villa came in at the 11th hour for Riise, a player who O?Neill has been monitoring for some time.
But despite the chance to stay in the Premier League, Riise is understood to have told Villa that their last-gasp attempt came too late to stop him moving to Serie A.

kjelvi

« Svar #256 på: Juni 26, 2008, 08:21:10 »
Burnley are taking Norwegian left-back Christian Kalvennes on a free transfer from Dundee United. (Daily Mirror)

kjelvi

« Svar #257 på: Juni 26, 2008, 08:24:04 »
Southampton defender Claus Lundekvam is paying £100,000 of his own money to re-lay the pitch at the St Mary's Stadium in time for his testimonial. The pitch needs replacing after the stadium hosted a Bon Jovi concert. (Various)

kjelvi

« Svar #258 på: Juni 26, 2008, 23:24:22 »
Burnley are taking Norwegian left-back Christian Kalvennes on a free transfer from Dundee United. (Daily Mirror)

CLARETS SWOOP FOR KALVENES
Burnley have made their fourth summer signing after capturing former Dundee United defender Christian Kalvenes on a Bosman transfer.
The Norwegian left-back, 31, has penned a two-year deal with the Clarets after his contract with the Scottish outfit expired.
Burnley manager Owen Coyle said: "I am obviously delighted to have secured the signature of Christian, who I have naturally been aware of from my time in Scotland.
"I think he was the best full back in Scotland last year and, as he was available on a Bosman we took the opportunity to try to lure him to the club.
"We had to beat of some serious competition, particularly from one major force in British football, so we are absolutely delighted to have him on board and look forward to working with him."
The Clarets have this week signed Martin Paterson, Kevin McDonald and, subject to a work permit, Peruvian goalkeeper Diego Penny.

PA
« Siste redigering: Juni 26, 2008, 23:29:39 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #259 på: Juni 26, 2008, 23:33:33 »

Reds pay tribute to exiting Riise 
Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher has paid tribute to former team-mate John Arne Riise following the Norwegian's £4m transfer to Italian club AS Roma. The Norwegian also earned a tribute from Liverpool's chief executive Rick Parry.
"John has been a tremendous servant to Liverpool over many years," said Parry.
"Everybody at Anfield would now like to wish him all the best in his new career in Italy."

Liverpool chief Parry again pays tribute to Riise

Liverpool chief Rick Parry has again paid tribute to John Arne Riise, who left for Roma last week.
As he confirmed the arrival of Udinese left-back Andrea Dossena this morning, Parry also made mention of the contribution of Norway left-back Riise.
"John was an incredibly enthusiastic defender who was always a great pro," he told the club's official website.
"He worked hard and never gave us a minute's trouble. The fans will remember that powerful shot of his that brought them to their feet on many occasions.
"We had a good chat about his time here and he wants to thank the fans for the support he was given down the years. He secured Champions League and FA Cup success at Anfield and also helped us win the Worthington Cup and two European Super Cups."
Dossena, who has been capped once by Italy, will become manager Rafael Benitez's second signing of the summer following the arrival of Swiss full-back Phillip Degen on a free transfer.

Daniel

« Svar #260 på: Juni 29, 2008, 21:56:33 »

Leste i Ba for en stund siden at Rune Vindheim(gammel Burnley spiller) anbefalte Kalvennes å gå til Burnley og sånn gikk det altså. ::)
Leeds United

kjelvi

« Svar #261 på: Juli 17, 2008, 19:08:18 »
Man Utd coach Solskjaer confident connecting with players  

Manchester United hero Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is excited about his new coaching career with the club's reserves.

Solskjaer is confident of successfully man-managing United's youngsters, telling manutd.com: "I believe that you have to be because what was good enough for me when I was 18 or 19 isn't good enough for them nowadays. I've learned so much about what I should have done when I was that age subsequently. I think you need to push them a bit, but the boys want to be pushed as well. It's not a doddle being a professional footballer, so I think they'll have to shed their fair share of sweat. I'm really looking forward to it. It's a great challenge.

"I did a few sessions last year and some with the youth team. I asked Choccy (Brian McClair) sometimes if I could have the Reserves to work with, to challenge myself because when you're doing coaching courses, you don't want to go in cold. I've enjoyed that and now they're my responsibility, so that's a better challenge as well."

kjelvi

« Svar #262 på: Juli 24, 2008, 09:48:23 »

Solskjaer - set for United testimonial.

CHAPTER CLOSES FOR SOLSKJAER

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will get "a sense of closure" from his testimonial game against Espanyol next week.
The Manchester United legend was forced to retire last season after failing to overcome chronic knee problems that now render him virtually incapable of playing a match of any sort.
Solskjaer has done enough training on the bike to get him through 20 minutes at Old Trafford on August 2. But after that he will concentrate on his duties as United's reserve team boss.
"It is like the end of a chapter," he said.
"My dad was over here last weekend and we were chatting about it. I guess there is a sense of closure.
"It will mean a lot to experience playing on that stage for one last time.
"I am not an emotional type of person, so there shouldn't be any tears but it is like a wedding speech, you can prepare as much as you want for situations such as these. You can never be absolutely sure how you will react."
In a sense, Solskjaer has already moved onto the next phase of his life, with preparations for his testimonial game being mixed in with getting United's second string ready for Saturday's trip to Oxford.
The Norwegian has no intention of neglecting his charity work either, which is why he spent yesterday afternoon at Carrington hosting a kickabout for siblings of young cancer sufferers through Christie's Hospital in Manchester.
"We all know how horrible cancer is and how it has touched so many lives," he said.
"Around the time I had my knee injuries, a very close friend was diagnosed with it and it just put my situation into perspective. My career meant nothing alongside someone's life.
"With the right treatment and a positive attitude, anything can be achieved. That is why I try to do what I can."

PA Sport

kjelvi

« Svar #263 på: Juli 24, 2008, 14:24:56 »
Nevland confident of success with Fulham pal Zamora

Erik Nevland is confident of establishing a strong partnership with new Fulham striker Bobby Zamora.
Nevland struck up an impressive partnership with summer signing Zamora against Celtic and their opposing styles clearly complement each others play.
He told fulhamfc.com: "It went well and he's easy to play with. He's a different type of striker to me and sometimes it's easier to play with a front man who is different from you. Sometimes you can make the same runs as players who are similar to you and we didn't do that so it was good."

kjelvi

« Svar #264 på: Juli 28, 2008, 20:16:28 »
ROVERS EYE SKJELBRED DEAL
Blackburn are monitoring Per Ciljan Skjelbred's situation at Rosenborg, the player's advisor has suggested.
The 21-year-old impressed during last season's UEFA Champions League group stages and has reportedly caught the eye of a number of European clubs.
Newcastle were recently linked with an approach for the Norway international's services, but Skjelbred's advisor has claimed Blackburn and Dutch side Ajax have also shown an interest.
"They might have watched other players too," advisor Andreas Ekker told Adresseavisen.
"But Blackburn and Ajax are two clubs who have been mentioned in connection with Per in the past."

kjelvi

« Svar #265 på: Juli 29, 2008, 23:54:17 »
Norway boss Hareide backs Man Utd's Solskjaer for coaching success

Norway coach Age Hareide says new Manchester United reserves trainer Ole Gunnar Solskjaer can be a success in management.
"I think Ole has what it takes be a good manager," Hareide told ManUtd.com. "He has a lot of experience and he's certainly been under a manager who has shown how management should be done.
"Alex Ferguson knows the game and how to handle people, and Ole is a very quick learner and he picks up bits and pieces from everyone. If he can pick up some bits and pieces from Alex Ferguson then I think he could be a very good manager."

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=%7BB4CEE8FA%2D9A47%2D47BC%2DB069%2D3F7A2F35DB70%7D&newsid=6614776

kjelvi

« Svar #266 på: Juli 31, 2008, 11:04:37 »
Man Utd coach Meulensteen impressed by Solskjaer work  

Manchester United coach Rene Meulensteen has been impressed by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in his first weeks involved with the reserve-team.
"As a player, Ole was so productive off the bench, he had a great ability to read games and opponents, and that will help him also as a coach and a manager," Meulensteen told ManUtd.com.
"He's got a good eye for tactical ideas about the game. I sit a lot with him upstairs during matches and he has a good sharp view for what's happening in a game and what he would do to change it and why things are happening. It certainly bodes well."
Solskjaer brings down the curtain on his playing career with this weekend's testimonial against Espanyol, and Reds coach Meulensteen expects the Norwegian's career move into management to mirror his success as a United player.
"The things that made Ole succeed as a player will make him succeed in management," said Meulensteen. "He's got great determination and focus, as well as a great ability to learn, and these qualities are the same as those you need to be a successful manager."

kjelvi

« Svar #267 på: August 01, 2008, 17:26:24 »
FERGUSON: SOLSKJAER ON RIGHT ROAD

Sir Alex Ferguson is content Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has given himself the best possible chance of surviving the perilous management game.
The Manchester United boss has given Solskjaer his big break by appointing him reserve team boss this season.
Ferguson has always viewed the Norwegian as management material, believing him to be the 'best watcher of a game' he has come across.
And while the Scot would not go so far as to say Solskjaer will be a success, still less that he might one day inherit the Old Trafford hotseat, he does feel the former Molde striker is making all the right moves.
"The situation today is that you get some potentially good young managers in the game and six matches later they can be out of a job," said Ferguson.
"That tells you something about the knee-jerk reaction of football today.
"It shows the pressure of the press and how directors react to a couple of bad results.
"It is very difficult to say where people are going to be in two weeks' time, let alone two years. And I certainly would not want to talk about what is likely to happen at this club. It is not my domain.
"But I do know Ole is doing exactly the right things if he wants to stay in the game."
Now 66, Ferguson began planning for his own coaching career four decades ago.
Yet while the game has changed markedly since then, he does not feel the philosophy required to be a top manager has.
"There are many handicaps in being a coach and it is a challenging job," he said.
"But what you must do is create an enjoyable working environment for yourself and your players.
"For that you need enough time to lay out a vision for the future.
"It is worthwhile because then you can create a team ethic and be completely satisfied the players are all expressing themselves the way you want them to.
"You want to look at a team and you see yourself. The secret of management is to allow individualism to appear but accept the team comes first."
If Solskjaer maintains the same single-mindedness he had as a player, he will not fail for the want of trying.
Even now, after 12 years together, Ferguson is struck by the thoroughness with which the 35-year-old completes each task.
"Having outstanding observation is essential," he said.
"I make the point to all our subs that when they sit on the bench they have to think about Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
"He used to take notes on training sessions, which shows his keenness to learn the game. Now he is taking his badges, which is important.
"To go into this particularly hazardous job is not easy. You need to give yourself the best chance possible.
"There is no point going into management if you are short of knowledge or organisational ability or short of vision in terms of coaching.
"Ole is going the right way and I respect him for that."

PA Sport

kjelvi

« Siste redigering: August 03, 2008, 09:21:15 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #269 på: August 12, 2008, 18:52:15 »

Iversen - Roeder's target?

ROEDER WAITS ON STRIKER

Glenn Roeder is "convinced" he has identified the right striker for Norwich amid speculation he wants Steffen Iversen.
The Norwich boss is hoping to add to his squad before Saturday's Championship game with Blackpool at Carrow Road.
He has been linked with Shola Ameobi and Grzegorz Rasiak, but his target featured for his current club at the weekend.
Reports have suggested former Tottenham striker Iversen, who is at Rosenborg, is the player Roeder is hoping to sign.
Roeder has not confirmed the identity of his imminent signing, but is hoping the player will be allowed to link up with the Canaries.
"I couldn't be any more determined," Roeder told the Eastern Daily Press.
"It's just the guy that I want had a good weekend for the club he is at, so I am even more convinced he is the one we need.
"His club has just got to keep a promise they made to the player a number of months ago.
"It is always easy to make promises when you don't have to keep them, but there comes a time in your life when if you make someone a promise that person says keep it."

PA Sport