Skrevet av Emne: TEMA: Elland Road  (Lest 261040 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Sv: TEMA: Elland Road
« Svar #960 på: Mai 24, 2021, 16:58:21 »
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #961 på: Juni 04, 2021, 18:42:34 »
They have found the well

https://twitter.com/nicholassm1th/status/1400809915422326787?s=21

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Torpe-do

« Svar #962 på: Juni 04, 2021, 23:59:29 »
They have found the well

https://twitter.com/nicholassm1th/status/1400809915422326787?s=21

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

;D ;D

Vil forøvrig påpeike at eg set pris på at du delar ting ifrå Twitter, Asbjørn. Eg er sjølv ikkje på twitter, men forstår jo at det meste skjer der om dagen.

Byrjar forøvrig facebook å ta over for forumet den daglege diskusjonen? Inntrykket mitt er at aktiviteten her er synkande, medan aktiviteten på kommentarfelta på Facebook er aukande. Det har vel vore ein treng over lengre tid, eigentleg.

Eg hugsar godt ein kveld, då me var i League 1, eg hadde besøk ifrå ein kompis som er Newcastle-fan. Han brukte dataen min, og der var forumet oppe på ei fane. "36 SIDER??!! HAR DE 36 SIDER MED KOMMENTARA PÅ EIN KAMP-TRÅD???" var kommentaren eg fekk. Eg vart litt stolt, hugsar eg.
No om dagen ligg me vel på... 3-6 sider, vanlegvis?

Det er mange frå League 1-dagane som ikkje er å sjå lengre, i det heile tatt. Nokon har følt seg mobba vekk, andre har vel meir forsvunne sakte men sikkert. Berlin saknar eg spesielt. Han var den fyste som gav meg "kredd" for at slo om til nynorsk i innlegga mine, hehe  ;D ;D

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #963 på: Juni 05, 2021, 00:04:29 »

Det er mange frå League 1-dagane som ikkje er å sjå lengre, i det heile tatt. Nokon har følt seg mobba vekk, andre har vel meir forsvunne sakte men sikkert. Berlin saknar eg spesielt. Han var den fyste som gav meg "kredd" for at slo om til nynorsk i innlegga mine, hehe  ;D ;D

Facebook har sine fordeler - man ser kem man diskuterer med bl.a. men det blir fort slengt dritt der og (som her i gamle dagar).

Men du verden så uoversiktlig det blir - ting uten nye poster på forsvinner etter to dager for aldri å bli funnet igjen. :o

Her kan vi kikke et par sider bak i Woody-tråden så har vi full oversikt. :)
« Siste redigering: Juni 05, 2021, 00:25:24 av Asbjørn »
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Blank_File

« Svar #964 på: Juni 05, 2021, 13:45:08 »

Facebook har sine fordeler - man ser kem man diskuterer med bl.a. men det blir fort slengt dritt der og (som her i gamle dagar).

Men du verden så uoversiktlig det blir - ting uten nye poster på forsvinner etter to dager for aldri å bli funnet igjen. :o

Helt enig. Det finnes kanskje erstatninger for forumet, men Facebook er kaos. Også veldig takknemlig for dere som er med her og holder liv i det.

Torpe-do

« Svar #965 på: Juni 05, 2021, 15:37:24 »

Helt enig. Det finnes kanskje erstatninger for forumet, men Facebook er kaos. Også veldig takknemlig for dere som er med her og holder liv i det.
+1

Sent fra min moto g(30) via Tapatalk

Lucas the Kop Cat

« Svar #966 på: Juni 05, 2021, 19:05:24 »

Orker ikke å forholde meg til fb når det gjelder Leeds-diskusjoner. Om det kan bli slengt med leppa her inne, så er det likevel 100  ganger mer seriøse diskusjoner her enn på fb.

Hallgeir *

« Svar #967 på: Juni 05, 2021, 20:37:44 »

Orker ikke å forholde meg til fb når det gjelder Leeds-diskusjoner. Om det kan bli slengt med leppa her inne, så er det likevel 100  ganger mer seriøse diskusjoner her enn på fb.

Liker meg klart best her, men jeg er jo innom Lofoten Whites. Der foregår alt i sømmelige former, heldigvis.
Super Leeds since 1968

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #968 på: Juni 06, 2021, 10:44:01 »
For de aller fleste av oss så sier Paraag de riktige tingene her!

Leeds United must not lose Elland Road 'identity' in potential stadium expansion says board member
Paraag Marathe says Leeds United must not lose Elland Road's identity in any potential future stadium expansion.
By Joe Urquhart Saturday, 5th June 2021, 2:16 pm

The Whites are currently enjoying a summer break having cemented their Premier League status with a ninth-placed finish at the first time of asking.

Head coach Marcelo Bielsa masterminded a stunning debut campaign for the LS11 outfit following promotion to the top flight after 16 years away last summer under the Argentine's watch.

Majority owner Andrea Radrizzani has welcomed increased outside investment from NFL giants San Francisco 49ers, which Marathe has led since their initial arrival three years ago in West Yorkshire.

Expanding and upgrading the club's home ground has been high on the agenda since United's upward trajectory from the Football League, with managing director Angus Kinnear unveiling tentative plans during the centenary celebrations in 2019.

A potential capacity of around 55,000 has been mooted which would include the redevelopment of the West and North stands at Elland Road.

Amid the glitz and glamour of the Premier League there seems to be no suggestion that the idea of a rebuild has slowed down with plans looking increasingly likely to move forward sooner rather than later.

“We do want to modernise the stadium,” Marathe said recently.

“There’s the ability and capacity to increase it to 50,000-plus because the top Premier League clubs, that’s what they do have. Certainly, we have the demand.

"There’s also something really menacing about this environment for opposing team players.

“What we don’t want to do is renovate this into some sterile environment where you don’t have that. There’s magic out there on the pitch in this stadium and we want to keep that.”

Leeds are now looking to establish themselves as a Premier League force once more after a top half finish.

Marathe believes that the season just gone could potentially be a pivotal moment in history for the Whites.

“The first step of the future was showing we can belong, that we’re not a flash in the pan and we don’t hang on by the laces of our boots,” he added.

“We showed that. Finishing ninth is fantastic. Now, the players have such confidence and they know so many of these matches [were so tight].

“They [the players] were saying ‘if just one of the Brighton matches, or against Wolves or the first Arsenal match, if just one of those goes a little differently we’re playing for Europe.’

“How special is that? That’s the future, the future is continuing to be competitive and I do believe we’re going to look back on this day, on this year, three, five, seven years from now and all say to ourselves ‘this was the beginning of something special that happened in Covid’ and that’s what’s going to make it even more memorable.”

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-must-not-lose-elland-road-identity-in-potential-stadium-expansion-says-board-member-3262504
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #969 på: Juni 15, 2021, 16:30:57 »
Negativt: Leeds ønsker ikke lenger å gå videre med planene om nytt treningsanlegg på Matthew Murray-anlegget ved Elland Road.

Positivt: Grunnen er at de vil prioritere oppgraderingen av Elland Road til en 55.000 stadion.

No training ground at Matthew Murray site for Leeds United as they eye 55,000 Elland Road and propose sports hub switch
Leeds United no longer plan to build a training ground at the former Matthew Murray High School site because expanding Elland Road to a 55,000 capacity is a more immediate priority.
By Graham Smyth Tuesday, 15th June 2021, 2:55 pm

The club's revised stadium ambition is one of the reasons behind a proposed switch for the Parklife community facility, from Fullerton Park to the Matthew Murray site in Holbeck, where Leeds had planned to build a £25m state-of-the-art training facility.

CEO Angus Kinnear had previously said that moving the training ground closer to the stadium and into the city would help with talent identification and development but the new proposal, to be considered next week by the Leeds Council's executive board, is confirmation that the Whites will no longer be purchasing the Brown Lane East plot and their training base will remain, for now, at Thorp Arch.

They do, however, plan to acquire land at Fullerton Park to expand their stadium, developing at least two stands in a staggered approach.

Leeds had earmarked Elland Road for a capacity increase to 50,000 but promotion and the increased investment from the San Fransisco 49ers has prompted a change in plans and hope for a further 5,000 seats, which in turn required the relocation of Parklife.

A report from the director of city development to the council's executive board suggests that keeping the initiative at Fullerton Park would 'negatively impact Leeds United and their ambition for a 55,000 seater stadium and potentially also impact the existing Park and Ride, which would have lost up to 90 spaces as part of the Parklife development.'

As for Parklife - a national programme funded by the Football Association, the Premier League, Department for Culture, Media and Sport, Sport England and the Football Foundation, which aims to provide all-weather facilities - the council and the club both agree, after consultation with local stakeholders, that the switch would deliver a better result for the sports hub.

Both the Football Foundation, who provide 60 per cent of the funding for the scheme, and the NHS, have given their support to the new proposals. Leeds will retain a financial interest in the initiative, which will be operated by the Leeds United Foundation and will carry club branding.

Coun James Lewis, leader of the council, says they are happy to explore the Matthew Murray site as an alternative option for Parklife in order to back the club's ambitions for Elland Road.

“The fantastic return of Leeds United to the Premier League has proved to be a great boost to not just fans, but also the city as a whole," he said.

"We remain committed to working with the club constructively in terms of any ambitions they might have in terms of increasing the capacity of Elland Road in the future, which is why following discussions, we agreed to look at what options could be available to move the proposed Parklife project from Fullerton Park to another location."

He is confident that the move to the Matthew Murray site will have no negative impact on what Parklife will offer the local area.

“The Parklife community sporting hub remains a key part of our aim to ensure that a range of top class facilities are available in south Leeds, and we were committed to ensure that as part of any assessment work in terms of finding a new location for the project, that no facilities would be lost to those proposed for Fullerton Park," said Coun Lewis.

"I am pleased to say that this is the case, and we are confident that the Matthew Murray site will be an ideal location for Parklife, a view which is shared by local stakeholders, the Football Foundation, Leeds United and our partners at the NHS.

“If approved by the executive board, we will seek to move forward with a redesign of the plans for Parklife, before bringing them back to the executive board. Local people can be assured that any plans will be subject to a full public consultation process.”

Under the new proposals facilities provided by Parklife would now include; four 3G artificial grass pitches; community café; changing rooms; a gym and an increased NHS presence, in a facility which will include treatment rooms and pharmacy.

Leeds United have agreed to cover the estimated £325k cost of the design fees incurred by the suggested move.

The council have confirmed that Leeds' plans for their training ground and academy at the Matthew Murray site will no longer go ahead.

A statement said: "The council continues to be committed to engaging with the club for any options they may consider for a new training ground in the near future.

"The council will also if approved, agree to work in partnership with Leeds United Football Club on a revised masterplan for the Elland Road Stadium and Fullerton Park area with view that further draft proposals are brought back to the executive board before a public consultation at a later date."

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/no-training-ground-at-matthew-murray-site-for-leeds-united-as-they-eye-55000-elland-road-and-propose-sports-hub-switch-3273791
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #970 på: Juni 15, 2021, 16:34:28 »
Negativt: Leeds ønsker ikke lenger å gå videre med planene om nytt treningsanlegg på Matthew Murray-anlegget ved Elland Road.

Positivt: Grunnen er at de vil prioritere oppgraderingen av Elland Road til en 55.000 stadion.

Kortversjonen, via Smyth:
No dates yet but club are saying promotion/49ers investment has enabled them to revise their Elland Road plans and they think 55,000 is possible and more urgent than training ground. To do it they need some Fullerton Park land, hence the proposed switch of Parklife to MM site.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Stut og Fjærkre

« Svar #971 på: Juni 15, 2021, 19:19:04 »
Liker den totale harmonien som råder rundt klubben for tiden. I tillegg til administrasjon, spillere og fans ser vi her at også byråkrater og lokalpolitikerne bidrar konstruktivt til å utvikle klubben og nærmiljøet.
« Siste redigering: Juni 15, 2021, 19:20:50 av Stut og Fjærkre »

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #972 på: Juli 02, 2021, 10:05:49 »
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #973 på: August 10, 2021, 09:16:19 »
Podcasten med Kinnear:  Moscowhite har transkribert en del av  podcasten, mainly den delen som handler om fremtidens Elland road. derfor gav det mening å poste det her. :)

Angus Kinnear on Unlocked-Down Elland Road, and Beyond: ‘Few Clubs Could Justify a 60,000 Stadium, but Leeds is One’
DON'T FORGET THE DUGOUTS
Written by Moscowhite • Daniel Chapman
Artwork by Eamonn Dalton
August 9, 2021
Leeds United’s chief executive Angus Kinnear made a pre-season appearance on The Square Ball Podcast this week, talking transfers, kits, pre-season results, Marcelo Bielsa’s contract (he will sign before Saturday, he will he will he will), turning down bids, and redeveloping Elland Road.

Angus Kinnear is sitting with headphones on a mic in front of his face

And other stuff. You really should listen to it! It’s on all the podcast apps if you search for ‘The Square Ball’, or this player will do the job.

Want to listen to all our podcasts ad-free? Check out TSB+ for details of this and loads more benefits.

Some of the vital information in there is about how Elland Road will look for the Everton game on 21st August 2021, which leads into how it might look for an Everton game in August 2031, assuming we haven’t all been subsumed into a blockchain by then. Let’s look at some of what Kinnear says about that.

There’s a bit of anxiety among fans about what attending the Everton game will be like, given the various levels of different Covid-19 protocols at different sport and entertainment venues, and after more than an entire season of football grounds being completely shut down. Will it be a staged return, will people have to show proof-of-vaccination, or what?

“At the moment,” says Kinnear, “we’re hoping from a supporters perspective that it’s a return to normal. I was at Fortress Kenilworth Road on Saturday, and the experience for Luton Town fans was exactly the same as it was pre-Covid. No checks, no surveys, no masks. So I think from a supporters’ perspective, it shouldn’t impact them too significantly.”

There will be changes in the West Stand, though, due to the Premier League still needing players to socially distance. The solution at Elland Road last season was to use spaces throughout the West Stand, with the banqueting suite turned into away dressing rooms, and referees dressing in the President’s Suite. With fans back in the stadium, that has to change.

“Supporters will see that we will be building an away dressing room complex in the car park behind the West Stand. It’s going to involve some different movements of supporters. There are going to be some ‘seat kills’ [seats kept empty] that we have to to put in place for protecting the gap around the benches [dugouts], and there’ll be some screens put in place as well. Some screens around some of the media facilities.”

One area left conspicuously empty of seats on all the summer photos from inside Elland Road, at the front of the West Stand near the north-west tunnel, will have seats put back in before the first game. But others, including the ones mentioned above near the dugouts, won’t be in use. And those dugouts won’t be getting the hotly-anticipated racing seats, as that work is being “held off for Covid reasons, and the work that needs to be done around the dugouts.”

“All the supporters who are going to be impacted by that will be hearing it across the next few days,” says Kinner. “We apologise that it’s so late, but these rules are evolving day by day. Our vision has always been that every fan gets to sit in their seat, with an experience which isn’t impacted, but it looks like there will be several hundred supporters in different areas whose matchday experience might change.”

Other changes are coming at the back of the Kop. Rail seating will be introduced this season as a trial, with the first 1,000 or 2,000 going into the Gelderd End, starting from the back, moving forward down the stand if the trial is successful. Our Dan Moylan asked if this was a response to “getting it in the ear from the safety authorities”; Kinnear’s take was more diplomatic.

“If it works out, then we’ll be looking to roll it out across more of the areas where persistent standing is is an issue.
“We’re not getting it in the ear [laughing, fortunately], we’re having constructive dialogue. But yeah, Elland Road has been highlighted as one of the stadia with the highest risk of what’s called a progressive crowd collapse, which is people falling over the seats. I think the supporters refer to it as ‘limbs’.

“So it’s to avoid that issue. Ultimately, [rail seating] is not safe standing, and you’re still not allowed to have safe standing or advertise it as safe standing. But it means that if a supporter were to persistently stand and they would push forward, they’d be falling on to the rail rather than into the person before them. So it’s just about making it safer.

“Our long term objective is to allow supporters to enjoy the game the way they want to. If they want to stand, we’re fully supportive of [safe] standing. And we think ultimately, and certainly in the new stadium, we would have a stadium which is a combination of seated and standing so that supporters can enjoy the game in the way they want to.”

That takes us from the coming few weeks, to the coming few years, and redevelopment of Elland Road. Details are being kept publicly vague, Kinnear says, to avoid distracting from what’s happening on the pitch with glossy 3D views of a future that might not happen. First, the team has stay in the Premier League again this season.

“If we stay up this year, then construction wouldn’t start next year, but the process would,” says Kinnear. “And that process is planning, full designs. And actually the financial commitment you need before you start construction is tens of millions of pounds. So the first gate that you need to go through is we [stay] up again, and therefore that’s tens of millions of pounds [of Premier League revenue] to take us to the point where you can put a shovel in the ground.”

Kinnear did add some details. Construction would avoid impact on attendances; the West will be redeveloped first and that might or might not be at the same time as the North; longer term the East Stand will be refurbished; the South Stand, if it gets touched, will need taking down and rebuilding; the ultimate aim is a bowl; and 60,000 capacity, not the 50,000 being discussed a year ago, or the 55,000 talked about when the Parklife plans were relocated in June.

“We had to make some projections around what we thought demand would be like in the Premier League, and they were too pessimistic by quite a factor. When we’ve seen the demand for tickets, when we’ve seen the demand for shirts, we’ve seen how quickly the fan base is growing, I think the upper end of that is more likely. But ultimately it will depend on on the construction costs and the value we get from it. And it might be that it’s done in in a number of phases.”

The West Stand comes first, based on the potential for corporate income.

“The West Stand would be the first stand that we develop because it’s the oldest and has the most upside potential. Those discussions are in place with the council. The deal on the land [behind the West Stand] will be announced very shortly. Plans are continuing to move forward.

“If you look at the revenues that the bigger clubs are generating, Spurs are generating £5m a game, that’s £100m across the course of the season. We’re just over £20m. So before you get into sponsorship, there’s really a significant gap in ticketing revenue. And there’s very few clubs in the country that could justify a 60,000 seat stadium, but Leeds United is one of them. And I know that’s part of Andrea Radrizzani’s vision, and part of the 49ers’.”

But, Kinnear says, that shouldn’t be to the detriment of ordinary fans, who in theory won’t be priced out by corporates:

“The strategy, and I’ve seen it done very successfully at Arsenal and West Ham, is that it’s the corporate seats that drive the revenue going forward. And in both Arsenal and West Ham, there was no increase in [price of] general admission seats as part of a stadium development or stadium move.

“So I think while there’s always some reluctance from supporters to welcome more premium tickets into the ground, it’s actually the fact which enables general admission tickets to be pinned and not have to increase. I think from a mix perspective, there would be more premium seats, but there would also be significantly more general admission seats and it would allow those seats to be sold at the same prices or similar prices to they are now.

“When you look at the demand profile, there is a demand for more corporate seats, but there’s as big a demand for more general admission seats. And ultimately, you need to deliver against both. So it will be significant increases in both.”

Here’s the part about phasing and a bowl:

“The idea would be, for atmosphere purposes, to ensure that it’s a bowl rather than four separate stands. The phasing is open to debate. But you can either do the West and North at the same time, or you can do them separately. And you protect the attendance for the season that you’re doing it. The way that works is you build over the existing stand, so supporters can still sit in their seats, and then the next season they move upstairs and then you build the tier below it. So ideally you don’t lose significant capacity during the construction process. West and North could be done together [or] they can be done sequentially.

“And then it’s about probably joining it up to the East Stand, and it’s more of a redevelopment of the East Stand than knocking it down and starting again. And then the South Stand is the most challenging because you’ve got Elland Road behind it, so you don’t have the footprint behind to expand. So that would probably limit the expansion on that side … that stand would need to be taken down and started again. It just doesn’t have the depth of the other three.” [Could they use a cantilever design? asks Dan.] “There’s still a lot you can do with that stand, yes. You can go back over the road.”

The redeveloped stadium is, in Kinnear’s words, the “ultimate solution” to demand for tickets, a situation that has changed dramatically in his four seasons at Leeds:

“I think when I joined the club four years ago, we didn’t open the the upper tier of the East Stand because we didn’t have enough supporters to put in. And it was done as a cost saving. And now we’re in a position where we could sell the ground out three times over. I mean, the increase in interest has been absolutely phenomenal. And I know this creates some tension between the supporters who feel they’ve been more loyal, or attended more regularly through some of the more challenging years, versus some of the newer supporters who are becoming either re-engaged in the club or supporting us for the first time. And so for the club, we’re trying to create a balance between rewarding the loyalty of the of the supporters who’ve stuck through this, because they’ve seen some challenging times, and the support has been phenomenal. But also we have a responsibility, if we’re going to keep Leeds operating at the highest level, to engage new supporters and to grow the fan base, and to diversify the fan base, and to become more international.”

In the meantime, there seems to be a gap in current perception of the MyLeeds and MyLeeds+ membership schemes, with Kinnear not convinced that memberships are mainly bought by people wanting a chance of buying tickets, while many fans see them purely as a means to a ticketed end. He says that’s up for review, though:

“People do have a value in the affiliation [of a membership], they have a value in LUTV. They find a value in the pack that they’ve received historically. I mean, [he’s joking here] what price do you put on a musical bottle opener? But clearly it comes down to ticketing, and we’re going to have to continue to evaluate what the demand is going to be for tickets. You know, when we had a membership scheme at Arsenal, the majority of members didn’t apply for tickets. I think that will be different at Leeds.

“We’ll see what the the take up on our membership is. And then [see] how many people apply for every game. I think there is a perception that members are only interested in the tickets. It is a bit broader than that. But I think it will be up for review. And if we’ve ended up putting out a product which doesn’t have any value because people can’t get the tickets, it’ll obviously need to evolve and change.”

For the rest of what’s discussed, and to hear the jokes being told without them being spelled out in square brackets, listen to the full TSB Podcast episode with Angus by finding ‘The Square Ball’ in a podcast app, or using the player below.

https://www.thesquareball.net/blog/angus-kinnear-tsb-podcast-elland-road-60000/
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Gordon McUseless

« Svar #974 på: August 10, 2021, 19:53:35 »
Musikk for ørene. Skal bli fantastisk å få et mer moderne stadion som også kan gi oss de finansielle musklene til å bli en "regular club" i hurpa og gjøre klubben mer attraktiv for spillere vi vil signere og beholde.

Lucas the Kop Cat

« Svar #975 på: August 25, 2021, 19:32:02 »
To hjemmekamper på nytt banedekke. Ser vel ut til at baneoppgraderingen var vellykket?

NT

« Svar #976 på: August 25, 2021, 20:26:42 »
To hjemmekamper på nytt banedekke. Ser vel ut til at baneoppgraderingen var vellykket?

Skal du fikse hagen hjemme er nok dette selskap aktuelt: https://twitter.com/search?q=hewitt%20sportsturf&src=recent_search_click&f=live
Har fiffet på både KingPower og Elland Road med super moderne saker, det var vel selve dreneringen som var utgått på dato og nå er topp moderne.
Bielsa har sikkert vært her og sagt hvordan han vil ha hellingsgraden

Gordon McUseless

« Svar #977 på: Juni 01, 2022, 08:40:18 »
Hva skjer med utbyggingen av ER?
Har vert lite og intet nytt om den overmodne oppgraderingen. Skal vi kunne konkurrere om både spillere og få penger i kassen, må spaden i jorda snart.

Fantasyland

« Svar #978 på: Juni 01, 2022, 09:07:18 »
Har vert lite og intet nytt om den overmodne oppgraderingen. Skal vi kunne konkurrere om både spillere og få penger i kassen, må spaden i jorda snart.

Antagelse; alt ble satt litt på hold inntil PL-statusen ble fornyet. Men det burde kanskje begynne å bevege seg litt igjen..

Gordon McUseless

« Svar #979 på: Juni 01, 2022, 09:15:47 »

Antagelse; alt ble satt litt på hold inntil PL-statusen ble fornyet. Men det burde kanskje begynne å bevege seg litt igjen..
Får nå håpe at prosessen har gått videre uansett hvordan det har gått. Regner ikke med de stopper arbeidet har gang vi taper en kamp. Hvor lenge det skal gå før vi regner oss som etablert?....om vi noensinne kan si slikt. Europacup ene året og nedrykk neste er ikke en usannsynlighet for noen.
ER er så utdatert at nå må noe skje nå.

Andersen

« Svar #980 på: Juni 02, 2022, 17:46:55 »
Regner med at våre amerikanske eiere er mer på banen nå, når vi reddet plassen i PL.

ar9

« Svar #981 på: Juni 03, 2022, 20:41:57 »
Regner med at våre amerikanske eiere er mer på banen nå, når vi reddet plassen i PL.
Kan ikke være noe å lure på. Frem med blandemaskin og mureskje.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #982 på: April 01, 2023, 09:19:03 »
Fra tid til annen lurer vi på hva som er status her.

Vel, AG svarte igjen ganske så ærlig om stoda i forrige uke. Leeds-Live har nå kommet over svarene
- som før, Leeds må bli et stabilt PL lag...
- eiersituasjonen er som den er men blir ikke problematisert egentlig, gamle/nye eiere virker samstemt
- prisøkningen i England ligger på ca 10% årlig nå, og det merkes (!) i byggebransjen... (planarbeidet bare for West Stand alene har steget med 50%) :o
- vi bruker allerede en anseelig sum på 'småtiltak' og vil måtte det fortsatt

Angus Kinnear explains Leeds United's Elland Road plan and makes 'not fit for purpose' admission
Angus Kinnear was present at the March meeting of Leeds United's Supporter Advisory Board to speak about issues

By William Jackson 16:30, 31 MAR 2023

Leeds United chief executive Angus Kinnear has moved to provide an update on plans to redevelop Elland Road. Kinnear was in attendance via Zoom at the club’s Supporter Advisory Board (SAB) earlier this month and he was asked to explain the latest on the club’s plans to improve and renovate the West Stand.

Club owner Andrea Radrizzani has made no secret of his desire to expand Elland Road in the coming years. Of course, plans hinge on both the club’s top flight status and the takeover of the 49ers Enterprises, which could be completed as soon as the end of the current season.

However, the wheels are in motion and Radrizzani revealed in an interview with The Athletic at the start of the season that Kinnear has been tasked with trying to find the finance for such a project. Kinnear has now revealed to the SAB that the club has drawings and commissions for plans, while he has also provided a timeline of how soon work could be completed.

The chief executive also revealed at the meeting that construction costs for the redevelopment of the West Stand have soared by 50 per cent, which has certainly hindered the progress of the club’s strategy.

On the topic of stadium redevelopment, the minutes of the meeting, published on the club website this afternoon, read: “The plans are ongoing and have been stalled recently due to restrictions with COVID and then our position last season with regards to our status in the Premier League, which is similar this season.

“AK (Kinnear) did say though that the club has drawings/commissions for plans. The construction costs have also increased 50% which has meant that this is one of the worst times to commence a major construction project.

“The club will engage in a full consultation with supporters as well as all other stakeholders and the wider Leeds community. The expected timeline is approx. one year for funding/consultation, one year for West Upper build, and one year for West Lower with the intention that stadium capacity is not reduced during the construction period.

“SAB members agreed to reach out to their groups and email the club directly re: any issues that can be fixed in the interim. Whilst the club committed to addressing issues that can be looked at straight away, for example 220 toilet seats were recently replaced, and they can instruct cleaning staff around areas that need extra care.”

Stadium cleanliness at Elland Road was the first item on the agenda at the SAB meeting, following a social media thread that highlighted a number of problems around the ground. Kinnear spoke to the SAB about the issue, admitting the club are working to improve their home facilities.

The minutes of the meeting read: “AK acknowledged that a lot of work needs to be done around the stadium and that there are areas that are not fit for purpose. The club accepts it needs to be better and will look at ways of making some quick improvements in certain areas, especially with regards to cleanliness, toilet seats and improving period products for supporters etc.

“AK also mentioned that as we do have such an old stadium a lot is down to needing significant redevelopment and so the club doesn’t want to spend too much money on areas that will then be demolished. The club needs to find a balance between spending a lot of money and being able to make a real difference, as the club currently has one of the lowest prices for season tickets that comes along with having some of the lowest levels of facilities and that can be a vicious circle as poor facilities are often then treated worse.

“AK mentioned that millions of pounds has been spent on stadium upgrades, meeting Premier League stadium requirements and installing safe standing over the last few seasons but it would take tens of millions of pounds to make the material changes that supporters deserved and therefore a full stand reconstruction was the best solution.”

The full minutes of the meeting can be found here.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/kinnear-leeds-united-ellan-road-26605978
« Siste redigering: April 01, 2023, 09:22:48 av Asbjørn »
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Gordon McUseless

« Svar #983 på: April 01, 2023, 19:20:16 »
Hvis de har tenkt å vente til vi blir et stabilt PL lag, så ikke hold pusten mens du venter. Det forvitrer før den dagen kommer. Sånn er PL blitt.... 7 plass ene året nedrykksstrid neste. Det er bare å sette i gang. Er nok akterutseilt som vi er pluss at titusenvis av folk venter på sesongkort.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #984 på: Februar 28, 2024, 10:47:06 »
Phil Hay lar fredagens Elland Road-erfaringer danne basis i hvordan stadion-utbyggingen IKKE må ødelegge 'sjelen' i stadionet.

https://theathletic.com/5299675/2024/02/28/leeds-atmosphere-49ers-elland-road/

Viktig: Hierarkiet i klubben var til stede - de fikk erfare det hele :)

Much closer to the coal face, in the upper tier of Elland Road’s West Stand, most of Leeds United’s hierarchy, the main men from 49ers Enterprises, looked on as the madness played out. The club’s owners turned out in numbers for the biggest game of the season and though vice-chairman Rudy Cline-Thomas was absent, the directors’ box filled up with recognisable faces: Paraag Marathe, Peter Lowy and the club’s new chief operating office, Morrie Eisenberg, a man whose remit revolves heavily around redeveloping a relic of a stadium.

The 49ers will never have experienced Elland Road as it was on Friday, so wild and explosive, and you know that because some supporters leaving the ground afterwards were talking about the fiercest atmosphere they had seen in 20 years.

Ellers lite nytt mht faktiske nyheter, man venter nok på PL-status før man trykker på utbyggingsknappen. Men 49'ers virker veldig tydelige på at 'stemningen på stadion' må ivaretas ved en utbygging.

Anbefaler også en del av kommentarene under artikkelen :)

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan