Skrevet av Emne: KAMP: vs. Preston NE  (Lest 33340 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

kjelvi

Re: KAMP: vs. Preston NE
« Svar #90 på: Mars 30, 2007, 22:38:56 »
Enda litt lengre bak i minneboka...

Rare late slip cost a victory
Leeds United 1 Preston 1
Division 2
Saturday, November 16, 1963
Elland Road

IT was somewhat ironic that the Yorkshire Evening Post scribe who witnessed this 1-1 draw was moved to bemoan United's home form.
Leeds had claimed five successive away victories prior to Preston's visit, but their results at Elland Road were struggling to match such a prolific benchmark. The stalemate with North End was United's third successive home draw.
It was also, however, a sign of the consistency which would underpin a hugely successful season.
Leeds finished with Division Two's finest home record, unbeaten after 21 fixtures at Elland Road, and their form was sufficient to earn the club both promotion and the title.
Don Revie's side finished two points clear of Sunderland and seven above Preston – one of only three sides to beat Leeds in the league all season during the return fixture at Deepdale in March – and their success owed much to a defence which conceded less than a goal a game.
But the clash between Leeds and Preston at Elland Road was deeply uninspiring and often bad-tempered, and a sense of ill-feeling persisted until the final whistle.
The referee, Mr ET Jennings, eventually called both sides together for a stern lecture 15 minutes after the interval in an attempt to lower the temperature of an evenly contested but scrappy game.
Leeds had been denied a penalty in the first half when Billy Bremner was blatantly fouled inside the box, but a spot-kick came United's way in the second period.
Albert Johanneson beat Preston goalkeeper Alan Kelly with a cheeky conversion which the Republic of Ireland international would have swept up easily had he dived the right way, and the goal seemed sufficient to send the bulk of the 33,841 crowd home happy.
North End, however, forced a late equaliser following a rare defensive error from Leeds, and Revie was forced to settle for a point at the end of a disappointing match.

UNITED: Sprake, Reaney, Bell, Bremner, Goodwin, Hunter, Giles, Lawson, Storrie, Collins.
Attendance: 33,841

http://www.leedstoday.net/ViewArticle.aspx?ArticleID=2192133&SectionID=1083&ArticlePage=2

kjelvi

« Svar #91 på: Mars 30, 2007, 22:45:43 »
Peter Lorimer: Now United need Healy great show from Ireland hero

I DON'T know where you get leprechauns from, but tonight ahead of the Coca-Cola Championship clash with Preston at Elland Road Leeds United should strategically place one in every corner of their dressing room.
They should also play a reel, dance a warm-up jig and wear green vests under their white shirts.
And the reason? David Healy might then feel he's playing for his country and transfer to his club the Northern Ireland goalscoring exploits for which he has become feted.
While banging them in left, right and centre for Lawrie Sanchez's Euro dazzlers, Healy has been on target just four times in his last 26 games for Leeds and will be the first to admit that it is a disappointing return.
Everybody has been asking why he can be so lethal at international level yet struggle in the Coca-Cola Championship and the short answer, I believe, centres on confidence.
Leeds United is a team as a whole that has for some time been suffering from a lack of confidence and self-belief.
It is a mindset which, once adopted, can spread like wildfire and I think David has become caught up in this.
It is different when he's playing for his country.
They'll be the underdog in nine out of 10 games they play so, by and large, they have little to prove.
Expectation levels are not very high so any achievement is a bonus.
Lawrie said after David bagged another two goals in a memorable win over Sweden the other night that you actually have to be at Windsor Park to fully appreciate the David Healy phenomenon in Northern Ireland.
Dennis Wise and Gus Poyet took him at his word and were there to witness his brace; each of them a stunning goal taken with opportunism, swagger and bravado.
It is likely that Healy will be partnered up front tonight by Richard Cresswell and it will have escaped the attention of nobody that this was once a Preston strikeforce which between them notched 40 goals a season.
Whatever the reason – and a lot of it is down to injury – that simply has not happened in Leeds colours.
What better time, then, for both of them to dig deep and get on the scoresheet against their old club?
This is a big, big game for both Leeds and Preston and for vastly different reasons.
If Leeds are to survive this relegation dogfight they must, I believe, win their remaining four home games and get at least something from one or two of their away trips.
Defeat tonight would potentially be disastrous, especially when you take into account two very significant fixtures tomorrow.

With Hull playing Southend and Burnley taking on Luton something will have to give in the relegation picture and a win for Leeds tonight would put all of them on the back foot.

Luton's trip to Burnley is a first venture for their new manager Kevin Blackwell, with whom we are all familiar.
I wish Kevin well in a new job in which he can carry forward all the experience he gained in his first managerial role with Leeds.
I warned last week of the difficulties England would face on their trip to Israel and these were born out in a horribly dull goalless draw.
England fared no better in the first half against Andorra in midweek and it was only when they woke up in the second period that things came together.
What has become abundantly clear to me is that England are lacking quality players and, as I have been warning for some time, it will not be until the Football Association and the Professional Footballers Association take serious action about the number of foreign players in the English game that homegrown individuals will be allowed to demonstrate their talents.

http://www.leedstoday.net/ViewArticle.aspx?ArticleID=2193092&SectionID=1083

kjelvi

« Svar #92 på: Mars 30, 2007, 22:46:48 »
Spotlight on: North End

Paul Simpson
Preston made a bold move when, in the wake of Billy Davies' defection to Derby last summer, they turned to Simpson.
The 40-year-old had started his coaching career at Rochdale four years earlier, but it was his spell with Carlisle that caught the eye of North End's board. The Cumbrian outfit were relegated from the Football League at the end of his first season at Brunton Park, but by the summer of 2006 he had lifted the club into League One. Many of Preston's present foundations were laid by Davies, but Simpson has justified his appointment by continuing North End's progression.

The Danger
David Nugent. Preston are nothing like a one-man team, but no player makes North End tick better. The striker's pace and finishing prowess has already brought him 16 goals this season, and Simpson's team would have struggled to keep hold of a place in the Championship's top six without his contribution. Wise should not see Nugent as the sole threat, however. Winger Simon Whaley is a difficult player to defend against, and striker Patrick Agyemang has maintained an impressive scoring record of seven goals from 10 league starts. What chance, also, of Michael Ricketts making an impression on his return to Elland Road?

The Form
Preston have won four of their last six games, but their results betray a definite weakness away from home. All four victories came at Deepdale, and North End were beaten 2-0 at Hull and 4-1 at Cardiff. In all, Simpson's side have won just six away fixtures this season – a complete contrast to a home record which is better than any other Championship club's – and their record at Elland Road is not impressive. North End's last victory at United's ground came in 1961.

The Record
Between 1964, when United were promoted to the top flight, and 2004, when they dropped out of the Premiership, the sides met on only three occasions, all in cup competitions. Leeds took six points from North End during the 2004-05 season, and were beaten only once, last season, during a final-day fixture which had no bearing on the play-off hopes of either club. But since 1924, United have won only 15 of their 47 clashes, with Preston prevailing 22 times.

The Odds
Ladbrokes are offering 5-4 about an away win, Leeds stand at 7-4, while the draw is 11-5.

The Whistler
Andre Marriner. The west midlands official will complete a home-and-away double this evening having taken charge of United's 4-1 defeat at Preston in October. Marriner was also in charge when Sunderland collected a dominant 3-0 win at Elland Road in September. He has shown only five red cards this season and averaged fewer than four cautions a game.

http://www.leedstoday.net/ViewArticle.aspx?ArticleID=2193320&SectionID=51

berlin

« Svar #93 på: Mars 31, 2007, 00:28:27 »
næh, jeg har fortsatt en god følelse før kampen, jeg. Faktiskt ikke ulikt følelsen foran Tyrkia-Norge kampen, men Casper gjør vel ikke to blundere ala Myhre.
« Siste redigering: Mars 31, 2007, 01:04:11 av berlin »

dexter90

« Svar #94 på: Mars 31, 2007, 00:35:27 »
I dag har jeg en GOD følelse! Healy putter 2 mål, og vi vinner 2-1! *evig optimist*

Lids

« Svar #95 på: Mars 31, 2007, 00:59:41 »
Tror også vi vinner 2-1 i dag, men håper på 3-0 - det hadde "gjort" noe med gutta.

Thomas
Thomas

leeds-4-eva

« Svar #96 på: Mars 31, 2007, 01:26:51 »
Det blir seier i dag. Gutta er up to it, scoringene må bare komme.

gill

« Svar #97 på: Mars 31, 2007, 02:06:59 »
får ikke sett kampen. Hvor kan jeg høre kampen? noen som vet?

Sheridan

« Svar #98 på: Mars 31, 2007, 02:08:41 »
jaja....når drar det seg mot match...har sagt det
ørten ganger før denne sesongen - MEN denne MÃ… vinnes!!
Ellers glipper ihvertfall det jeg har igjen av håp....

« Siste redigering: Mars 31, 2007, 02:09:28 av Sheridan »

GeirO

« Svar #99 på: Mars 31, 2007, 02:17:42 »
Ligger vel an til uavgjort siden kampen er fullstendig åpen.
MOT

auren

« Svar #100 på: Mars 31, 2007, 02:21:15 »
Ankers - Fraze, Heath, Michalik, Gray - Blake, Kishi, Dougie, Lewis - Cressy og Healy

Subs: Stack, Elliott, Johnson, Marques og Moore

auren

Leeds
Till
I
Die!
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Oggy

« Svar #101 på: Mars 31, 2007, 02:26:18 »
Ingen Gary Kelly i kveld, var vel for tidlig for ringreven.
Måtte dette holde til å ta 3 poeng mot Preston.
Oggy

trosetti

« Svar #102 på: Mars 31, 2007, 02:27:11 »
Blir vel 1-1 i dag, slik som alltid mellom oss.

Er bra enig i laget ditt, Auren.

"E ska spele førr Junaitid!" Tore Andre Flo, 03.01.07
"E ska spele førr Junaitid!" Tore Andre Flo, 03.01.07

Budda

« Svar #103 på: Mars 31, 2007, 02:27:36 »
quote:
Originally posted by auren

Ankers - Fraze, Heath, Michalik, Gray - Blake, Kishi, Dougie, Lewis - Cressy og Healy

auren

Leeds
Till
I
Die!

Er det Robbie eller Tom?? Vært artig og sett unggutten Tom på banen i kveld.
Endre

Tom S

« Svar #104 på: Mars 31, 2007, 02:28:49 »
Dette er noramlt eit bra lag, det er vel kun ein Thommo og Kells i form som kunne gjort laget endå litt hvassere.

Har hatt uroleg mage og avføring siste veka og frykta det verste, men kjenner no plutselig ein ro senke seg over meg og kviskrar; dette går bra!

Faen, ikveld er det viktig gutter og jenter, denne MÃ… vinnes !!

Come on Leeds - we're proud of you !!!

WE'RE LEEDS AND PROUD!!!
COME ON LEEDS !!

larss

« Svar #105 på: Mars 31, 2007, 02:30:01 »
Marques, er vel mere en god nok!!!

LarsS, som registrerer at Molde ikke er noen SportN by.
LarsS

Tom S

« Svar #106 på: Mars 31, 2007, 02:30:45 »
Tja, ungutt og unggutt...
De fleste her inne på forumet rangerer vel de over 30 som oldiser.
[:D]

Men, for all del, det kunne vert artig å vert på bana!
[:p]

quote:
Originally posted by Budda

quote:
Originally posted by auren

auren

Leeds
Till
I
Die!

Er det Robbie eller Tom?? Vært artig og sett unggutten Tom på banen i kveld.

WE'RE LEEDS AND PROUD!!!
COME ON LEEDS !!

Budda

« Svar #107 på: Mars 31, 2007, 02:35:53 »
quote:
Originally posted by larss

Marques, er vel mere en god nok!!!

LarsS, som registrerer at Molde ikke er noen SportN by.

Andre som er i Molde? De har viasat på tangenten. Hvis man har greid å sammlet sammen et par stykker så ville de sikkert ha sendt kampen.
Endre

larss

« Svar #108 på: Mars 31, 2007, 02:39:04 »
Hei !
Vi må sammle oss vi i Molde fra høsten av for dette tror jeg går veien.
LarsS, NERVØS
LarsS

MrK

« Svar #109 på: Mars 31, 2007, 02:40:14 »
Sorry - kvalitets tid med fam - satser på radio. Snakk med Tor Gunnar - hils fra meg........kjekk kar!

"ingen kler ORANGE"
Hørt på Living Room; "where's the cardmachine"?

MrK

« Svar #110 på: Mars 31, 2007, 02:41:45 »
quote:
Originally posted by MrK

Sorry - kvalitets tid med fam - satser på radio. Snakk med Tor Gunnar - hils fra meg........kjekk kar!

"ingen kler ORANGE"

Skulle vært til budda!

"ingen kler ORANGE"

GeirO

« Svar #111 på: Mars 31, 2007, 02:41:46 »
Og hvorfor er så den beste stopperen - Rui - benket????????????
MOT

kjelvi

« Svar #112 på: Mars 31, 2007, 02:42:46 »
quote:

Molde ikke er noen SportN by.

Molde er ingen by. En gate med noen hus rundt...

larss

« Svar #113 på: Mars 31, 2007, 02:43:33 »
Takk Ottar.
Man må ha kvalitetstid med familien også det er viktig.
LarsS, som håper på kvalitet på ER
LarsS

Budda

« Svar #114 på: Mars 31, 2007, 02:45:50 »
quote:
Originally posted by MrK

"ingen kler ORANGE"

Ok, bra og vite til senere kamper.
Endre

Budda

« Svar #115 på: Mars 31, 2007, 02:47:13 »
quote:
Originally posted by kjelvi

quote:

Du liker å provosere!!! Orker ikke å begynne på noen Ã…lesund Molde diskusjon nå[;)]
Endre

kjelvi

« Svar #116 på: Mars 31, 2007, 02:50:04 »
quote:
Originally posted by Budda
[Du liker å provosere!!! Orker ikke å begynne på noen Ã…lesund Molde diskusjon nå[;)]

Funker hver gang...
Enjoy kampen!

enur

« Svar #117 på: Mars 31, 2007, 02:50:28 »
Radiolink, anyone?

enur, har faktisk en god følelse i dag, tror vi vinner

Marching on together

MrK

« Svar #118 på: Mars 31, 2007, 02:51:28 »
quote:
Originally posted by kjelvi

quote:

Og Stordal - hva er det? Ei grøft eller er det for mye - gammel morene?

"ingen kler ORANGE"

Oggy

« Svar #119 på: Mars 31, 2007, 02:52:27 »
Hvorfor i helvete spiller ikke Rui, for den lange staken ???
Ræva forsvar der
Oggy