Skrevet av Emne: Gammalt nytt: BREAKING NEWS: Leeds into administration  (Lest 25784 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Erik M

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Leeds into administration
« Svar #180 på: Mai 17, 2007, 07:44:49 »
quote:
Originally posted by Jon R

quote:
Originally posted by pedro

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/NewsroomDetail/0,,10273~1025914,00.html   Tror vi må vente til 1 juni, jmfr. den offisielle hjemmesiden.

Dette er veldig forvirrende. Administratorene ( er vi fortsatt under adminsistrasjon, teknisk sett?) har annonsert et møte senere idag, mens klubben i sin off. statement ikke nevner noe om dette? [:0]

Jon R.

Jeg vil tror vi er under administrasjon til kreditorene formelt har godkjent tilbudet til Bates.  Jeg tror Bates har sikret seg en OPSJON til å kjøpe klubben dersom kreditorene godkjenner det.

Administrator informerer om andre intresenter, men disse må nok tilby kreditorene mye mer og administrator litt mer enn Bates for å lykkes.

Selv om Bates lykkes med sitt stunt er vel klubben i høyeste grad til salgs.  Jeg tror ikkeno på at Bates har planer om å bli lenge og gjenreise Leeds.  Håper han selger ganske kjapt i tilfelle.  Ellers får vi kanskje nok en silly summer der usikkerhet rundt klubbens eierskap og økonomi ødelegger transferaktiviteten og pre-season.

Roy

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Leeds into administration
« Svar #181 på: Mai 18, 2007, 02:44:13 »
quote:
Originally posted by Erik M

quote:
Originally posted by Jon R

quote:
Originally posted by pedro

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/NewsroomDetail/0,,10273~1025914,00.html   Tror vi må vente til 1 juni, jmfr. den offisielle hjemmesiden.

Dette er veldig forvirrende. Administratorene ( er vi fortsatt under adminsistrasjon, teknisk sett?) har annonsert et møte senere idag, mens klubben i sin off. statement ikke nevner noe om dette? [:0]

Jon R.

Jeg vil tror vi er under administrasjon til kreditorene formelt har godkjent tilbudet til Bates.  Jeg tror Bates har sikret seg en OPSJON til å kjøpe klubben dersom kreditorene godkjenner det.

Administrator informerer om andre intresenter, men disse må nok tilby kreditorene mye mer og administrator litt mer enn Bates for å lykkes.

Selv om Bates lykkes med sitt stunt er vel klubben i høyeste grad til salgs.  Jeg tror ikkeno på at Bates har planer om å bli lenge og gjenreise Leeds.  Håper han selger ganske kjapt i tilfelle.  Ellers får vi kanskje nok en silly summer der usikkerhet rundt klubbens eierskap og økonomi ødelegger transferaktiviteten og pre-season.

Helt enig Bates er i ferd med å dra. Problemet er hvordan ting ser ut når han forlater skuta[:(!]
Stand up and sing for LEEDS UNITED

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Gammal historie: Sv: BREAKING NEWS: Leeds into administration
« Svar #182 på: Mars 26, 2019, 10:32:01 »
Så, etter 10 år, er det slutt.

LUAFC er død, som Adrian 'Teakdesk' (Mike Thornton) skriver det.

Mike Thornton

RIP Leeds United AFC
So tonight, as the Leeds United U23s celebrate a fantastic achievement, let me dwell on a darker time in our glorious history.
The final death knell was sounded a few days ago for the company that was Leeds United for almost a century, as Leeds United AFC, founded 1920, was finally committed to oblivion by the liquidator who, having spent ten years (and almost one million pounds), filed the last accounts at Companies House.

Many fans may have thought that the famous AFC had ceased to exist in 2007 when it went into liquidation while Ken Bates was running it, but no. The liquidator has spent the last ten years trying to actually bury our dear old AFC.
For me, reading through the liquidator’s final eulogy of the Club, there is only sadness. Yes, I have great memories of excitement, pleasure,  dismay, joy and emotions I probably shouldn’t put in writing but those are faded just now as the liquidator lays our AFC to rest and closes his books of accounts never to be opened again.
The modern way is to clap for a minute in recognition of what a deceased has achieved but I’ve never warmed to that notion; I prefer to stand in silent contemplation of the good times and bad times we’ve known and thank the deceased for everything I’ve gained from being associated.

I didn’t clap for a minute as the books of accounts were closed on the AFC, although I’ll have a bally good time at the wake.

I stood in silent contemplation over the final, filed testament and seethed.

Yes, I’m not afraid to admit, I seethed as the AFC was laid to rest. I’ve never done that at an internment before and I promise I never will again. Unlike with many other similar occurrences, the AFC didn’t die of old age, it didn’t die through neglect from its family or relatives; the AFC died because its carers killed it.

The final testament and other documents laid out by the liquidator show the damage done in the last three years before its death. The deceit played upon fans of the AFC, the players who never received wages, the staff who did not get paid in full, over three  thousand people and businesses owed money by Leeds United AFC got just four pence for every pound coin they were due.

Think about that; people had worked to provide a service or sold goods to the AFC – just like you and I go to work because we will be paid a fair wage for it – and they got just four shiny new pennies when they were due a full pound coin.
Disgraceful. However, I’m not going to harp on any more.

In total, people and businesses were owed almost £19 million. The liquidator spent almost £1 million but did manage to not spend three quarters of a million pounds which went to the little people. Yes, the liquidator spent £1 million in getting just £750 thousand pounds to be split between 3,000 creditors.
Who were these little people? That’s not really for me to reveal, they were powerless in the face of the liquidation process and I’ll not prolong their pain.

What does annoy me is that amongst the liquidator’s documents is evidence that some players were sold by the AFC between 2004 and 2007 on deals where the AFC would continue to pay a portion of the players’ wages… but those wages were not paid. The AFC still took my season ticket money though.
There are other issues that emerged from the liquidator that I was going to include, but perhaps I should return to silent contemplation.

In summary,
Debts after ‘owner’ write off were almost £19m
Assets were just under £2m
Liquidators spent £1m
Creditors were owed £19m but got £750k

Leeds United Association Football Club, founded 1920, finally laid to rest 2019. RIP.

Mike Thornton 25th March 2019

https://www.mikethornton.xyz/rip-leeds-united-afc/
« Siste redigering: Mars 26, 2019, 10:42:15 av Asbjørn »
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #183 på: Mars 26, 2019, 10:33:47 »
...og mht dagens LUFC skriver han:

Adrian Teakdesk Thank you everyone!

I've been quietly enjoying the football recently as nothing much to talk about finance-wise.

As we say in Yorkshire, when you've nowt to say, say nowt!
« Siste redigering: Mars 26, 2019, 10:38:18 av Asbjørn »
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #184 på: Mars 26, 2019, 16:32:11 »
...og nå har YEP også våknet på denne historien (sikkert takket være Thornton):

Liquidators finally draw a line under Leeds United's 2007 administration - with less than £750,000 paid to unsecured creditors

Elland Road Phil Hay Email Published: 13:42 Tuesday 26 March 2019

Liquidators appointed after Leeds United entered administration almost 12 years ago have finally dissolved the original company which owned the club - with less than £750,000 paid to unsecured creditors.

Leeds United Association Football Club Limited, the firm established when the club were formed in 1920, was formally liquidated last month after KPMG filed its last report with Companies House.

KPMG oversaw Leeds’ insolvency in 2007 and was given the job of winding up the company which entered administration following the transfer of ownership of United to a new firm, Leeds United 2007 Ltd.

The Elland Road club were declared insolvent during the reign of former chairman Ken Bates in May 2007, with total debts in excess of £30m.

During a complicated and much-criticised process, Bates agreed another takeover with KPMG and bought back the club after Leeds’ largest creditor, overshore firm Astor Investment Holdings, agreed to write off debts of more than £17m provided Bates retained control at Elland Road, despite the former Chelsea chairman stating that he had no connection to Astor.

The rules of the EFL required Leeds to pay any football debts in full but the final report filed by KPMG on February 18 revealed that of more than £18.5m of claims made by unsecured creditors, a total of £745,568 was repaid.

The document, meanwhile, declared KPMG’s “time costs” for handling the liquidation as £548,751 and said the firm had so far been paid £499,008. The total cost of the process was almost £1m.

Read more at: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/liquidators-finally-draw-a-line-under-leeds-united-s-2007-administration-with-less-than-750-000-paid-to-unsecured-creditors-1-9673129
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Hallgeir *

Sv: BREAKING NEWS: Leeds into administration
« Svar #185 på: Mars 26, 2019, 18:05:45 »
Breaking news: Leeds into administration

Huff, for en forferdelig overskrift å bli møtt med, når man skal sjekke siste nytt på hjemmesiden.  :o

Bokstavene formelig skriker imot meg. Men heldigvis var det bare gammelt nytt.  ::)
Super Leeds since 1968

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Gammalt nytt: Sv: BREAKING NEWS: Leeds into administration
« Svar #186 på: Mars 26, 2019, 19:03:30 »

Huff, for en forferdelig overskrift å bli møtt med, når man skal sjekke siste nytt på hjemmesiden.  :o

Bokstavene formelig skriker imot meg. Men heldigvis var det bare gammelt nytt.  ::)

...var jo derfor eg kjapt endret tittelen til 'Gammalt nytt' :D 

Men er jo smått utrolig at denne prosessen har tatt 10 år :o

...og så må vi jo slutte å skrive at Fowler & co fikk etterlønn av Leeds lenge etter at de forlot klubben.

De avtalene overholdt jo klubben overhodet ikke :o
« Siste redigering: Mars 26, 2019, 19:05:34 av Asbjørn »
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Hallgeir *

Sv: Gammalt nytt: Sv: BREAKING NEWS: Leeds into administration
« Svar #187 på: Mars 26, 2019, 19:14:00 »

...og så må vi jo slutte å skrive at Fowler & co fikk etterlønn av Leeds lenge etter at de forlot klubben.

På forsiden står det dog ikke noe om "gammalt nytt", Asbjørn.  ;)
Super Leeds since 1968

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #188 på: Mars 26, 2019, 19:16:02 »

På forsiden står det dog ikke noe om "gammalt nytt", Asbjørn.  ;)

På forsiden er eg da aldri :o

Men siden eg nå har redigert i åpningsinnlegget står det vel 'riktig' der også? :o
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

Sv: Gammalt nytt: BREAKING NEWS: Leeds into administration
« Svar #189 på: Mars 27, 2019, 00:34:51 »
Mike Thornton

Some transfer values from 2004 to 07:

Paul Robinson £1.5m
Alan Smith £6m
James Mulner £3.5m
Mark Viduka £4.5m
Thorp Arch £4.2m
Land around stadium £5m
Stadium £8m
Rob Hulse £2.1m
Kilgallon £1.7m

Compare those figures to Spurs' new stadium!

Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Josch

« Svar #190 på: Mars 27, 2019, 20:47:08 »

Jeg ser faktisk nå logikken i at dette har tatt mer enn ti år. Som vi vet så ble siste rest av gjelden til kreditorene slettet sommeren 2017 . Avtalen med  Bates var at de skulle få noen millioner hvis vi rykket opp til PL, senest 2017. En tiårs avtale.

Boet har derfor vært levende (ikke avsluttet)  i tilfelle "nye" Leeds" skulle finne på å betale noe til boet (kreditorene) i denne tiden, f.eks ved opprykk. Bostyrer har vel avsluttet boet nå etter noe arbeid og "liggetid" siste 20 mnd.

Ken Bates (og andre eiere) har slettet gjelden til kreditorene ved å la tiden gå, avskrive gjelden år for år.

Xern

Sv: Gammalt nytt: BREAKING NEWS: Leeds into administration
« Svar #191 på: Mars 28, 2019, 16:17:01 »
Herregud så det knep i hjertet når jeg så denne overskriften. Selv med "gammalt nytt" foran  ;D
Noen mennesker tror at fotball gjelder liv eller død. Jeg liker ikke den innstillingen. Det er atskillig mer alvorlig enn som så. - Bill Shankly