Skrevet av Emne: NYHET: Leeds trailist knivstukket  (Lest 3030 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

kjelvi

NYHET: Leeds trailist knivstukket
« på: Februar 03, 2008, 16:57:40 »
Stabbed schoolboy was Leeds United trialist

Shaquille Clarke-Adams

A TEENAGER stabbed in front of horrified classmates at a Leeds school was an aspiring Leeds United footballer, the Yorkshire Evening Post can reveal.
Shaquille Ashley Clarke-Adams - who was still recovering in hospital today - was in the Under 13's squad at Leeds United's Academy two years ago.
He was picked for the prestigious team after impressing scouts at the Prince Philip playing fields, in Potternewton. The then 12-year-old was selected because of his incredible speed on the pitch.
Shaquille, now 14, was stabbed twice in the chest and once in the armpit during a science lesson at Allerton Grange High, Moor Allerton on Friday morning.
He was taken to Leeds General Infirmary where his condition was later described as "stable". Police said They had recovered a knife - understood to be a small kitchen knife - at the scene.
A 13-year-old fellow pupil who was arrested by police was today still in custody.
Tonight, his family who live in Harehills, Leeds were too distressed to talk in detail about the stabbing. However, a relative told the YEP: "His mother is with him in hospital and he's doing OK".
Det Supt Bill Shackleton, leading the investigation, said that he could not speculate on the motive for the attack. He added that specially-trained officers would be obtaining statement from pupils who witnessed the incident. The interviews would take place on police premises and the pupils would be accompanied by an adult. Some took place today and others would take place on Saturday.
Richard Morris, chair of governors at Allerton Grange school, said: "We wish him (Shaquille) a speedy recovery. Nothing like this has happened in school before, and it is all the more shocking because student behaviour is normally of a high standard.
"Lessons have continued as normal and support is available for any students and staff affected by what has happened.
"This is a highly unusual incident and we can reassure families that Allerton Grange is a safe environment. We are confident that school will operate as normal on Monday.
"I would like to thank the students for getting on with their work, the staff for their calm and professional response, and Education Leeds and the police for their support."
is parents picked up their children up from the school on Friday afternoon, they spoke of their shock about what had happened. "It's very worrying," said Darsh Jheeta, who has a daughter and two nephews at Allerton Grange.
"This is a good school and you just don't expect things like this to happen. Something has to be done about - kids shouldn't be able to bring knives into schools in the first place. I just hope that lad is okay."
Coun William Hyde (Conservative Group's Education Spokesman) said: "This is a tragic incident involving knives in schools, showing what happens when young people walk around armed and willing to use violence. My sympathy is with all those involved at this time - this is not something that is easy to come to terms with.
"Leeds City Council has a strong policy banning weapons from schools, but there are clearly difficulties monitoring what is really happening on the ground. We need to look at working closely with schools, parents and Education Leeds to see why this is the case and what more we can do to strengthenthe policy and the practical measures taken by individual schools to ensure the safety of the pupils.
"Every child has the right to learn in a safe, secure environment and we must do everything we can to make sure that this is the case in every school in Leeds."
One pupil at the school said: "I was in one of the classrooms and as we came out all I could see was blood on the floors and walls.
"I think it might have something to do with bullying. There used to be a problem with gangs in the school but I don't think it's anything to do with that."
Another Year 11 pupil said: "Some of my mates saw what happened, they said that he had been stabbed a couple of times and there was blood all over the walls. The girls were screaming. There has been about 15 police officers hanging around the school all day but now it's like nothing has happened and we keep having lessons."

YEP

Tom S

Sv: NYHET: Leeds trailist knivstukket
« Svar #1 på: Februar 03, 2008, 19:52:29 »
Tragisk for både offer og gjerningsmannunge og deres nærmeste.

COME ON LEEDS !!

soumoh

« Svar #2 på: Februar 04, 2008, 10:01:45 »
Triste greier. Håper det går bra med gutten.
We'll be back.

sveifors

« Svar #3 på: Februar 04, 2008, 20:37:25 »
Trist, er et stort problem denne blinde volden, håper gutten klarer seg bra..
Sveifors

Always look on the LEEDS side of life