Skrevet av Emne: Ex-Spiller: Charlie Taylor  (Lest 118156 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Sv: Spiller: Charlie Taylor
« Svar #30 på: Mai 20, 2014, 11:41:15 »

Leeds United: Taylor is looking to kick on with Whites
Updated on the 20 May
10:10

Published 20/05/2014 06:04

Rising talent: Charlie Taylor is hoping to be the latest player to graduate from United’s academy into the first team. Leon Wobschall reports.

IT will not be until tea-time on Bank Holiday Monday that the team Charlie Taylor has played for this season will be able to bracket their 2013-14 campaign as either a success or, ultimately, a failure.

But the young Leeds United defender is crystal clear on one thing. That his own footballing schooling this term has brought on his own career leaps and bounds, regardless of what happens for him and his Fleetwood Town colleagues against Burton Albion in Monday’s League Two play-off final at Wembley Stadium.

While Taylor’s United team-mates are busy soaking up the sun on some foreign beach with their footballing commitments being completed earlier this month, the 20-year-old left-back has pressing work business to attend to – and he couldn’t be happier.

The holidays can wait. After all, it’s not every day that a young professional plotting out a path in the game potentially gets the chance to play in a promotion showpiece at the home of football.

The game against the Brewers in six days time will comfortably be the biggest of Taylor’s embryonic career, with booking a place at Wembley after a semi-final win over his hometown club York already ranking near the top of his experiences so far in the game.

Taylor and his Fleetwood muckers joyously celebrated reaching the final on Friday night on the pitch with ecstatic home fans after a 0-0 second-leg draw at what was a tense Highbury Stadium, with the Cod Army going through 1-0 on aggregate after 180 minutes of play-off football.

An occasion to savour for Taylor, but also to consider just how his own career has come a long way since he linked up with the Lancastrians in mid October.

Away from Elland Road he may have been, but Taylor’s form has been monitored and if he gets the benefit of a fair wind, he intends to be pushing for a first-team spot on the left-hand side of defence back at parent club Leeds in 2014-15.

United have already shown they think highly of him, with the full-back to sign a new deal later this week and eager for the next phase of his development at Elland Road.

In terms of examples to follow, Taylor has one in front of him, namely centre-half Tom Lees, who hasn’t looked back since propelling himself into the first team in the autumn of 2011 on the back of a promotion season at Bury in 2010-11 – after being a loan regular at Accrington the previous year.

Taylor told the YEP: “Tom had two years out on loan and came back and has done brilliantly and cemented his place at centre-back and that’s what I want to do next year.

“This loan has been brilliant and I have enjoyed every bit of it. I feel it has improved me so much as a player and a person.

“I just feel as if I have come on so much this season and I am looking forward to going back to Leeds and kicking on in pre-season next year.

“Playing ‘men’s football’ every week has brought me on. People don’t realise, but League Two is a tough, physical league and so much better than just playing in the under-21s and reserves at Leeds.

“My one-on-one defending and fitness has come on as well. I get up and down the pitch a lot more and physically and as a person, I am controlling games more than I was really.”

Taylor’s credentials were certainly tested in two encounters with York, where he spent a brief loan spell in the autumn of 2012, more especially in the definitive encounter on the Fylde coast.

Holding a 1-0 lead from the first leg at Bootham Crescent, Fleetwood had to deal with sustained pressure from the Minstermen in the second meeting and were handed several scares before the final whistle; the game ending up deadlocked at 0-0.

It was a severe test for Taylor, who has started 31 league games for Fleetwood in 2013-14 – only four others have lined up in more – but he wasn’t found wanting.

A number of his mates among the 1,000-strong York contingent in the away end may have been willing on the Minstermen to triumph, but with that prospect over, expect them to be firmly in Taylor’s corner in the final.

Taylor, brought up in Tadcaster, said: “I live in York and a lot of my mates were in the York end and it was good to prove some of them wrong and get the win.

“There was a bit on Twitter and I have had a few texts and it was great to knock them out and go through. They will be a few wanting tickets now for Wembley!

“I can’t wait and there should be a coachload going down from ‘Tad’ and it should be a great occasion and hopefully we will go down and win.

“Playing at Wembley would be up there with making my debut for Leeds and playing for England at Under-19 level in a tournament in France.

“The last 10 minutes was a bit nervy, but we got there and the feeling at the end was great. It was a great experience really.

“They threw their keeper up at the end and we had an empty net twice to score and we couldn’t finish them off. Credit to them, they kept coming at us, but we held on strong.

“From where they were at Christmas, it was an unbelievable achievement to get from where they were into the play-offs.”

Taylor was watched on Friday evening by Leeds first-team coach Neil Redfearn and if he requires a glowing reference for further proof of the defender’s progression, he could do worse than speak to Fleetwood manager Graham Alexander.

His move to bring in Taylor, who previously had loan spells with Inverness, York and Bradford, has proved rewarding for all concerned and he is confident he has a “bright future” in the game.

Alexander said: “Charlie has done great. He came into the team in the early part of the season when we had a couple of injuries and we threw him straight into the team.

“He’s very highly thought of at Leeds. He had a little bit of a dip halfway through, but he’s a young lad who is playing week-in, week-out in highly competitive games and he’s come back strongly. He’s a very good player with a bright future.

“I think all players come on when they play week-in, week out. I think Leeds have got high hopes for him and we’ve really enjoyed his time here.

“He’s added to the quality of the group and the lads love him and hopefully he can do it in one more game for us.”

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-utd/leeds-united-taylor-is-looking-to-kick-on-with-whites-1-6626164
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

« Svar #31 på: Mai 20, 2014, 11:47:05 »
...YEP:

Meanwhile, young defender Charlie Taylor, currently on loan at Fleetwood is expected to sign a new deal this week.

On his new deal, Taylor, who has met with United’s new football consultant Benito Carbone said: “I am delighted. It took a bit of time to sort out, but finally I have got it sorted. I should be signing it this week and I am just looking forward to going back there and kicking on.

“They send a lot of clips back (to Leeds) and I think Benito Carbone was watching on TV on Friday.

“I have spoken to him and really enjoyed the meeting and am looking forward to going back to Leeds.

“I think Brian came to watch me at Chesterfield away and there’s been Leeds scouts at Fleetwood and the club are keeping up with how I am doing.”
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Budda

« Svar #33 på: Mai 20, 2014, 20:32:43 »
Er han god nok?
Endre

Woody

« Svar #34 på: Mai 20, 2014, 20:59:05 »
Er han god nok?

Han blir god nok,med meir speletid og tillitt neste sesong så tek han steget,men PL klasse det vil berre tiden vise.
LIFE IS LEEDS

sportcarl1

« Svar #35 på: Mai 20, 2014, 21:04:23 »
med tillit kommer utveckling, framtiden för Leeds är att satsa mer på våra egna produkter och krydda med (riktiga) förstärkningar,

Promotion 2010

« Svar #36 på: Mai 21, 2014, 13:37:34 »
NOWHERE ELSE I’D WANT TO BE

Charlie Taylor looks ahead…

Published 21 May 2014 at 12:00

United defender Charlie Taylor has spoken of his delight after signing a new three year contract at the club.

Taylor, who is currently on loan on League Two Fleetwood Town, put pen to paper on Tuesday afternoon and admits he can’t wait for the 2014/15 campaign.

“I’m delighted to have signed my contract,” said Charlie. “Hopefully I’ll be here for the next three years, I’m looking forward to it and I can’t wait to get started next season.

“The deal took awhile to get sorted but it is all sorted now and everything has worked out and I’m really pleased.

“This is such a huge club and it is a team I have supported all my life. This is my local team and there is nowhere else I’d want to be.”

Charlie has spent the season at Fleetwood Town, making 41 appearances, and the successful spell will come to an end on Monday when the League Two side take on Burton Albion in the Play-Off final at Wembley.

“I’ve had a few ups and downs since I first made my debut for the first team but I feel that I’ve really kicked on this season,” added Taylor. “Playing week in, week out has helped me massively and I feel that I have improved as a player.

“Hopefully that will put me in good stead for next season.

"I think my loan at Fleetwood this season has been massive for me. Hopefully on Monday we will get promoted and that will make it a successful season.

“I feel that it has been a massive part of me getting this contract and the time has improved me as a player. I’ve enjoyed every bit of it.”

After Monday’s Play-Off showdown the 20-year-old will firmly set his sights on a successful pre-season with United and making his mark on the first team.

“Hopefully I can come back for pre-season and really kick on and take it from there,” explained the youngster. “Hopefully I’ll be able to challenge for that first team spot.

“I’ll need to perform consistently every week and play to my best. The Championship is a great league and you come up against great opposition each week and you’ve got to be at it every time."

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/1uabktnxa53eg1wcmfdvhqvb3d/title/nowhere-else-i%3Fd-want-to-be

:)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Gufrias

« Svar #37 på: Mai 22, 2014, 07:51:32 »
Taylor er hot om dagen

Sitat
The Rise of Charlie Taylor

by Right In The Gary Kelly's

After gaining promotion to the Football League for the first time in their history, Fleetwood Town put precedence on signing those that have been there and done it.

Another step in their momentous rise, as well as with the backing of a committed chairman in Andy Pilley, brought with it names like Jon Parkin, Barry Nicholson, Damien Johnson, Dean Howell and David Ball as the Cod Army aimed to make their stay in the fourth tier a brief one.

A year later, a 13th place, a new manager and a new set of players, but one that put the onus on young players to show their talents. Graham Alexander, the former Burnley and Preston North End full back, brought in Antoni Sarcevic, an attacking midfielder with a lethal eye for goal, and Jamille Matt, but Charlie Taylor may have proven to be his best piece of business so far in his early managerial career.

On October 15, when Fleetwood acquired a young left-back with very little experience a one-month loan, it appeared to be a stop gap. A plug if you like, that had been put in place until the experienced Stephen Jordan and Dean Howell returned to fitness.

Opposing teams often targeted Taylor as the ‘weak link’ in a side brimming with talent, a naive thought as he proved over the coming weeks and months that this was not the case.
Taylor has impressed so much on the Fylde Coast that he earned an extension until the end of the season. In a team that has been chopped and changed throughout the season, Taylor has been a may stay and his performances have warranted it.

The 20-year-old has fit seamlessly into a formation that put great importance on full backs being an attacking outlet – Conor McLaughlin on one side, Taylor on the other – to create the chances from the wing and monopoly the ball from the wing to attackers.

His athleticism is his greatest asset. Taylor is an endless runner, yet he possesses a great left foot and he has proven to be Fleetwood’s most consistent performer over the course of a campaign where he has had his most consistent run of games.

On May 20, Taylor signed a new three-year deal with Leeds United. It was a move that came as no surprise and the young York born youngster has the potential to step up his game to another level next season even the Whites do not consider him ready to be a regular starter at Elland Road.

He will not be short of admirers. Taylor’s performances at Highbury will bring undoubted interest once again, which could only heighten if the Cod Army can bypass Burton Albion and secure their place in League 1 after only a two-year stay in the fourth tier.

Taylor, no doubt, will be one of the first names in the starting line-up for that play-off final at Wembley Stadium on Bank Holiday Monday. Now who would have thought that of a teenager who looked to have just been brought in just for cover?

Tom - Fleetwood Town fan

http://rightinthegarykellys.com/2014/05/21/the-rise-of-charlie-taylor/
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

samadhi

« Svar #38 på: Mai 26, 2014, 18:24:03 »
Taylor spilte hele kampen da Fleetwood i dag sikret opprykk.

Rakk ikke for Burton selv om Shane Candsell-Sheriff spilte hele kampen  :)
marching on together,
derudaf forever...

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #40 på: Mai 30, 2014, 11:25:28 »

LUFC Fleetwood Fans View on Charlie Taylor

Vital Leeds United have once again been in touch with the fans of Fleetwood Town to get the lowdown on fullback Charlie Taylor.

Taylor made 42-appearances for Fleetwood during a season long loan that culminated in him helping them win the League Two play-off final on Monday.

His form for Fleetwood didn`t go unnoticed at Elland Road and the 20-year-old has recently been rewarded with a new three-year deal.

The fans from the Independent Fleetwood Fans Forum give their views on Taylor, include one view from a Blackpool fan.

Seasider
As a Blackpool fan, he caught my eye yesterday along with Nathan Pond. He seemed pretty decent going forward although he did get outpaced one or two times which would be a worry as wingers will be a lot quicker in the Championship. 

Wyrecod
Charlie has been a great loan signing for us this season.

gachwilson
Defensibly ok, he is very confident going forward and his crosses are of a 'Premiership' quality in my opinion. I personally think he could become a fantastic left sided midfielder.

Fleetwoodbry
He lacks blistering pace but he has the ability to cross without going past his man.

bigcod
I actually think he's got a bit of pace and he's good at getting past players as well. He could maybe work on his positioning a little but it is always going to be shaky when you get forward as much as he does

codchappy
Star in the making this kid, outstanding in both attack and defence. He will soon be playing in the premiership either with or without Leeds, he is that good. A great signing by Graham Alexander to have been able to get Charlie for the whole season. 

Read more: http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=360139#ixzz33BnR8Goj
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Bromancer

« Svar #41 på: Mai 30, 2014, 17:52:15 »
Herlig lesning Promo!

Promotion 2010

« Svar #42 på: Oktober 03, 2014, 21:42:46 »
Ute etter meniskoperasjon! 
Min første Leeds-kamp:

sportcarl1

« Svar #43 på: Oktober 03, 2014, 23:04:13 »
Hoppas inte det  här slutar som med ben parker

Jon R

« Svar #44 på: Januar 21, 2015, 18:10:26 »
Har fått muligheten til å etablere seg i førsteellveren etter salget av Warnock. Har på ingen måte gjort bort seg, noe null baklengs i åpent spill på tre kamper vitner om. Kan han bli god nok til å bli vårt nr 1 valg på v back også neste sesong? Som eneste skadefrie naturlige venstre back vil han få plenty av muligheter til å utvikle spillet, gitt at han holder seg skadefri. Nok en fjær i hatten for akademiet dette.  :)
Jon R.

stigahauge

« Svar #45 på: Januar 21, 2015, 19:25:56 »
Og viss han no skulle gjera nokon feil så er det greitt å minna på at mr. Warnock heller langt ifrå var feilfri. Snarare tvertimot. Glimrande å gje unggutta sjansen, og herlig at dei tar den!

Promotion 2010

« Svar #46 på: Januar 21, 2015, 20:40:04 »
Har fått muligheten til å etablere seg i førsteellveren etter salget av Warnock. Har på ingen måte gjort bort seg, noe null baklengs i åpent spill på tre kamper vitner om. Kan han bli god nok til å bli vårt nr 1 valg på v back også neste sesong? Som eneste skadefrie naturlige venstre back vil han få plenty av muligheter til å utvikle spillet, gitt at han holder seg skadefri. Nok en fjær i hatten for akademiet dette.  :)

Han er atletisk, rask (som i hurtig), plasseringssmart, taktisk bra, vil gå til dødlinjen og dekker store områder av sin banehalvdel pga sine offensive kvaliteter.

I tillegg har han god ballkontroll og er en del av akademispillerne som nå er på vei inn i startelleveren.  :)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Jon R

« Svar #47 på: Januar 21, 2015, 21:33:19 »
Sjekket hele kamptråden på Waccoe. Fant kun to kommentarer som omhandlet unge Taylor:  :)

" Charlie Taylor did well but had several moments of panic in the second half blasting the ball forward to no-one when he should have held it up or passed. "

"I  also thought Charlie Taylor looked a bit vulnerable, which again is understandable for his age, and the quality of the opposition. "
Jon R.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #48 på: Januar 21, 2015, 21:35:10 »
Sjekket hele kamptråden på Waccoe. Fant kun to kommentarer som omhandlet unge Taylor:  :)

" Charlie Taylor did well but had several moments of panic in the second half blasting the ball forward to no-one when he should have held it up or passed. "

"I  also thought Charlie Taylor looked a bit vulnerable, which again is understandable for his age, and the quality of the opposition. "

Sjekket hele kamptråden på OEF - ikke ett ord om unge Taylor!   ;)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #49 på: Januar 21, 2015, 21:36:10 »

Hehe, merker det selv, er nå inne på Leeds-sider jeg har unngått som pesten i flere uker  :D
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Hallgeir *

« Svar #50 på: Februar 09, 2015, 21:07:52 »
Fikk ikke fulgt kampen på lørdag siden gjesten Ole liksom tok all power bort fra oss her.

Via highlights i dag la jeg merke til unge Charlie Taylor. Han har gjort en flott inntreden på laget, og jeg registrerte flere presise innlegg fra kanten. Hele tiden villig til å gå framover på banen.

Forhåpentligvis har vi her endelig fått en venstreback av god kvalitet. Det blir spennende å følge denne  karen videre.  :)
Super Leeds since 1968

Promotion 2010

« Svar #51 på: Februar 17, 2015, 13:05:24 »
Leeds' glimrende unge venstreback har opplevd mye i sitt korte fotballiv:

Leeds United: Whites benefit from Taylor-made loans

Charlie Taylor.
Updated on the
17 February
08:10
Published 17/02/2015 00:00

Charlie Taylor may be in the early stages of what one hopes will be a long and illustrious career with Leeds United, but he’s already played at Wembley and won a promotion. Lee Sobot reports.

CHARLIE Taylor has made 73 appearances in his young career yet he’s already bagged one promotion.

Elevation from League Two in the 2014 play-off final with Fleetwood Town was the icing on the cake to a fine loan spell last season in Lancashire.

And the left-back hopes that experience will set him up for the most prized promotion of all in getting his boyhood club Leeds United back into the promised land of the Premier.

Taylor, 21, is the latest Whites Academy graduate to become a regular in Neil Redfearn’s young side with the left-back seamlessly filling the void left by the January departure of club captain Stephen Warnock to Derby County.

The 33-year-old’s Rams switch provided the opening that Taylor needed but the full-back insists last season’s loan spell at Fleetwood was also crucial in his development.

Taylor was just 17 when making his Whites debut in the Carling Cup tie of August 2011 against Bradford City whom the youngster then joined on loan for a month in January 2012. Loan spells at York City and Inverness followed in 2012-13 but it was at Fleetwood where the York-born ace truly blossomed last term.

Rapidly improving Taylor says the importance of 42 outings for the League Two side cannot be forgotten and the last of them – sealing promotion by beating Burton Albion at Wembley – will live long in his memory. Buoyed by that Fleetwood learning curve and now a regular starter under Redfearn, the defender is dreaming of doing something similar with Leeds.

“Going on loan to Fleetwood helped me massively and I can’t really stress enough how helpful that was to me,” Taylor told the YEP. “Everyone at Fleetwood helped and just getting a promotion at the end topped off a great experience.

“Now, to get back up into the Premier League with the club I have supported all my life would be an unbelievable experience and I don’t think anything could really top that in football. We’ve got to put the hard work in from now really to get there.”

Taylor has certainly grafted his way into United’s first team and the left-back slot now looks his for keeps.

Worries over who would fill the void left by Warnock have been replaced by a different Whites concern in who would deputise at left-back should the rising star become injured.

Liam Cooper can operate as a left-sided full-back but is clearly more effective at centre-half while it’s a similar scenario with right back Gaetano Berardi.

Academy ace Tyler Denton is a left-back bubbling beneath the surface and he’ll take plenty of inspiration from the manner in which Taylor has become a permanent fixture of the side.

“Last season was great at Fleetwood and I came back in the summer looking to kick-on here,” said the full-back.

“The first half of the season was a bit frustrating as I just wanted to be playing football like every other professional does.

“When Stevie went the opportunity came around and I made sure I took that opportunity with both hands.

“I’m just loving it at the moment, I’m delighted, and since the new year I have just been enjoying playing every week and gaining more experience.

“Every game is an experience and I suppose you are getting better with every game the more experience you’re getting.

“Hopefully I can stay in the team and I just want to keep improving.”

There’s no denying that Taylor was particularly impressive in Saturday’s 1-0 defeat of Millwall in which he lined up behind fellow Academy graduate and match-winner Alex Mowatt on the left hand side of the park.

Another former Academy star, Sam Byram, caused Millwall problems on the opposite flank with arguably the brightest young star of all, Lewis Cook, again a class act in the centre of midfield.

Taylor says he is thriving linking up with three fellow former Academy stars with plenty more where that came from. Asked about featuring for Leeds United’s first team alongside Byram, Mowatt and Cook, Taylor beamed: “I’ve known them since I was young and we’ve played in the same age groups all through the years.

“Now that we’re all playing in the first team together it’s just brilliant and I’m enjoying it.

“Everyone is working hard for each other – there’s no individual players and we’re all team players. It’s getting results now. When anyone scores we are all celebrating together and everyone is just happy for each other and on Saturday Alex’s birthday couldn’t have been any better for him!

“Confidence is also a massive thing and with us being on a high at the moment it’s showing out there on the pitch. The results are coming.”

Thirteen points from a possible 18 over Leeds United’s last six games is proof of the pudding with Saturday’s success against Millwall making it four wins from the last five games.

A tougher test awaits on Saturday lunchtime at second-placed Middlesbrough but Taylor is champing at the bit ahead of the latest chapter in both his and the young Leeds United side’s development.

Defeat could leave United back to within five points of the dropzone should third-bottom Millwall beat Fulham, but Taylor is looking at the potential of a third consecutive away win putting Leeds within 12 points of the top six.

Taylor reasoned: “Everyone wants to test themselves against the best and Middlesbrough are one of the best in the division. You can tell they are a top side and it will be a good challenge but it’s one we are all looking forward to.

“Winning against Millwall has taken us up a few places and above a lot of teams and I think we have got to be looking more towards the top half of the table.

“And stranger things have happened than the play-offs really. We need to be looking up rather than down.”
Min første Leeds-kamp:

samadhi

« Svar #52 på: Februar 17, 2015, 15:33:05 »
Er vel en del (inkludert meg selv) som nå må innrømme at salget av Warnock virker som ett smart trekk.
Taylor fremstår som årets komet sammen med Cook.

Uten Warncok vinner vi kamper,
og så mye morsommere å han en ung egenprodusert spiller på banen enn en aldrende som uansett hadde reist til sommeren.
marching on together,
derudaf forever...

Kontakinte

« Svar #53 på: Februar 17, 2015, 16:08:03 »
Er vel en del (inkludert meg selv) som nå må innrømme at salget av Warnock virker som ett smart trekk.

og så mye morsommere å han en ung egenprodusert spiller på banen enn en aldrende som uansett hadde reist til sommeren.
Enig, så Warnock i debutkampen Derby mot Reading 2 x gult i 1`st omg. og rett i duchen. Han er gammel!!

Jon R

« Svar #54 på: Februar 17, 2015, 16:52:53 »

Moro med Taylor, som ser ut til å bli bedre og bedre for hver kamp som går etter noen litt rufsete første kamper.  Spesielt offensivt ser det ut til å ha løsnet for Taylor.  :)

Hvor "smart" det var å selge Warnock eller ikke vet vi vel strengt tatt ikke  før plassen er berget og "fasiten" skrevet. Det hviler nå svært mye ansvar på en ung og uerfaren spiller og det ikke er mulig å forutsi hvordan dette vil slå ut for oss i de gjenværende kampene . Faktum er at pr i dag har vi ikke en eneste naturlig venstre back tilgjengelig utenom unge Taylor, noe som gjør han til lagets kanskje mest uunværlige spiller!  Heldgvis har formasjonsendringen til 5 på midten gjort det enklere å være forsvarsspiller i laget vårt, noe som antagelig gjør oss langt mindre sårbare ved skader, formsvikt eller suspensjoner.  Hadde vi fortsatt med "diamanten" hadde det kanskje vært en ganske annen historie...

En ting er sikkert: Så lenge vi fortsetter å vinner kamper vil Warnock helt sikkert ikke bli savnet, uavhengig av om Taylor spiller bra eller ikke.  ;)
Jon R.

lojosang

« Svar #55 på: Februar 17, 2015, 18:09:20 »

Moro med Taylor, som ser ut til å bli bedre og bedre for hver kamp som går etter noen litt rufsete første kamper.  Spesielt offensivt ser det ut til å ha løsnet for Taylor.  :)

Hvor "smart" det var å selge Warnock eller ikke vet vi vel strengt tatt ikke  før plassen er berget og "fasiten" skrevet. Det hviler nå svært mye ansvar på en ung og uerfaren spiller og det ikke er mulig å forutsi hvordan dette vil slå ut for oss i de gjenværende kampene . Faktum er at pr i dag har vi ikke en eneste naturlig venstre back tilgjengelig utenom unge Taylor, noe som gjør han til lagets kanskje mest uunværlige spiller!  Heldgvis har formasjonsendringen til 5 på midten gjort det enklere å være forsvarsspiller i laget vårt, noe som antagelig gjør oss langt mindre sårbare ved skader, formsvikt eller suspensjoner.  Hadde vi fortsatt med "diamanten" hadde det kanskje vært en ganske annen historie...

En ting er sikkert: Så lenge vi fortsetter å vinner kamper vil Warnock helt sikkert ikke bli savnet, uavhengig av om Taylor spiller bra eller ikke.  ;)

Du framstår innimellom som en gjennomklok mann i din beste alder, Jon.
Dette var en av de gangene.   :)
Håper også at vi aldri rekker å angre på salget av Warnock.
- Leif Olav

Gufrias

« Svar #56 på: Februar 17, 2015, 18:39:03 »

Dette synes jeg er urettferdig mot Warnock. Han var den eneste forsvareren som hang noenlunde med  bak en midtbanediamant som ikke fungerte, og fortjener ikke skylda for den skrale poengfangsten på høsten.

Taylors suksess er gledelig, og jeg tror nok han hadde fått sjansen før om ikke Warnock hadde spilt så bra. Men vi er altså uten troverdig backup til White eventuelt blir friskmeldt. Så salget av Warnock framstår fremdeles som et sjansespill.
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

samadhi

« Svar #57 på: Februar 17, 2015, 19:03:29 »

Dette synes jeg er urettferdig mot Warnock. Han var den eneste forsvareren som hang noenlunde med  bak en midtbanediamant som ikke fungerte, og fortjener ikke skylda for den skrale poengfangsten på høsten.

Taylors suksess er gledelig, og jeg tror nok han hadde fått sjansen før om ikke Warnock hadde spilt så bra. Men vi er altså uten troverdig backup til White eventuelt blir friskmeldt. Så salget av Warnock framstår fremdeles som et sjansespill.

På ingen måte ment å snakke ned Warnock. Han var helt klart en av våre beste spillere i høst.
Poenget mitt var å få frem hvor positivt det er at Taylor har stått frem og fått sitt gjennombrudd på førstelaget.

Berardi har tidligere spilt v-back og er ett alterantiv om Taylor blir skadet.
marching on together,
derudaf forever...

Jon R

« Svar #58 på: Februar 17, 2015, 22:16:05 »

På ingen måte ment å snakke ned Warnock. Han var helt klart en av våre beste spillere i høst.
Poenget mitt var å få frem hvor positivt det er at Taylor har stått frem og fått sitt gjennombrudd på førstelaget.

Berardi ja. Høyrebacken som i dag holdes ute av laget til fordel for den  utskjelte og latterliggjorde midtstopperen Scott Wootton. Verden er rar.
Jon R.

samadhi

« Svar #59 på: Februar 17, 2015, 22:22:27 »

Berardi ja. Høyrebacken som i dag holdes ute av laget til fordel for den  utskjelte og latterliggjorde midtstopperen Scott Wootton. Verden er rar.

Det er helt riktig.

Hadde faktisk tenkt å tilføye at hvis Wootton kan spille høyreback så må da Berardi kunne være vår back up på venstreback  :)
marching on together,
derudaf forever...